Speaker 1: Laura, come on, we're here Friday.
Speaker 2: Hello, we made it to the end of the week.
Speaker 3: Who would have thought is my favorite day?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 2: Don't say that. It makes you sound like you don't like the other days. No I do.
Speaker 5: But you've got to have a favorite, like favorite child. But once Friday Friday, we're going into the weekend.
Speaker 6: You know, people say they don't have a favorite child, but I disagree.
Speaker 2: I think they do.
Speaker 6: I think everyone's favorite child is the child that's behaving in that certain time. It changes every day. It kind of fluctuates whoever is being just.
Speaker 1: The better child of Brittan night today, the children.
Speaker 6: No, you guys, you're both. You're both behaving. I love you both equally.
Speaker 1: I call it complete ball.
Speaker 3: I need to get on the road pretty soon, so we're gonna hurry.
Speaker 6: Is the exact same amount of time, But leave Earl, even if we do things.
Speaker 5: I was just trying to a natural segue into the fact that Ben's coming to meet my family this weekend, so is introducing her boyfriend to the family. It is a big weekend for me, but it's a big weekend for someone else.
Speaker 2: You know why, because.
Speaker 1: I had it ready.
Speaker 2: Of course, Laura, our very own.
Speaker 5: He's on Dancing with the Stars and it's starting this someway wait for a second.
Speaker 2: Then I wasn't sure if that was going to be the grand reveal, and I was like, does Mitch have something else that's happening. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Sunday night, Channel seven, Dancing with the Stars is starting.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I'm nervous. You'll be fine?
Speaker 2: Will I be? I don't know.
Speaker 7: Well, listen, we've got the judge of one of the judges of this season, Shanna Burgess and her husband, Brian Austin Green.
Speaker 1: They're on the show in about ten to fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: If you don't know who Brian Austin Green is, He's from nine o two on Oho And I used to have his face on my lunchbox as a kid, Like his whole face was on my lunchbox.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that'll hold.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think you had a favor. I think he had a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, whoever was behaving themselves.
Speaker 1: We had a lot of lunchboxes. I'm all right.
Speaker 7: Brian Austin Green Channago Just coming up next, the pick Up. It is the pickup around the country Friday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitch. Right now get half price off cosmetics across the Mabelene, Revlon Rimmel and Nude by Nature Range is at Chemists Warehouse. Laura, I don't know about you, but refreshing my insta feet over the weekend just to get updates on Britz. Gorgeous Hamilton Island.
Speaker 2: One of us had a lovely, long, luscious holiday, didn't we.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm in the honeymoon phase and I shouldn't use the term honeymoon. Actually you understand why. But I had a beautiful trip to Hamilton Island with my boyfriend Ben. Because he's visiting from overseas, I thought I would.
Speaker 3: Pull out all the stops.
Speaker 5: I'm really trying to win him over with Australia and I'm really trying to drive.
Speaker 3: Up the romance.
Speaker 5: So I planned this day, this surprise where I got a helicopter. I surprised Ben with it. It took us over all of the Wit Sundays. It was so beautiful and so romantic. The day was amazing. We landed on white Haven Beach, which is like one of the widest beaches in the world. The sun was shining, the birds were out. We had a picnic and get we had champagne. It was absolutely I was impressed with myself so much effort for just a date.
Speaker 3: It was better than The Bachelor, let me tell you.
Speaker 5: So we get out of the helicopter and I'm so well impressed with myself, like I'm like, I have nailed this, and I look at him and I'm waiting for his response, and he's looking at me, and I just think this is going to be an incredible moment.
Speaker 3: And he just says, well, good on a You've ruined it for everyone, haven't you.
Speaker 5: I was like, what He's like, how can I ever beat this? How can I ever propose to you? How can I ever do better than this moment? He's like, I can't do better? And then I thought, oh my god, I've wasted I have wasted a moment.
Speaker 2: That's a DEFEATDT attitude.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, and I said, look, it's not about who can do better. It's not a competition, Ben, But competition is healthy.
Speaker 2: So keep that.
Speaker 1: You could get an aeroplane just you know, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean we could go to a foreign country and it's totally fine anyway.
Speaker 5: So in my head, for a split second, just a split second, I thought is this a wasted opportunity?
Speaker 3: Should I drop a knee? And should I proper?
Speaker 1: As?
Speaker 5: I said to Ben, look, you're right, this is proposal worthy. What would you do if I propose?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 2: He looked at me and he had him.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is the moment. He's like no, He's like absolutely not. I said you would say no. He's like, yeah, I would say no.
Speaker 6: That is not the reaction you want from your partner when you asked what would you do if I proposed?
Speaker 5: And he followed this up very quickly with this is this is He's like, I think about this all the time, like this is something that I want to do, and he wants to be in control of the proposal. He's like, I wouldn't say no because I didn't want to marry you. I'd say no because he wants to take it into his hands.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's very it's very coincidental. He might take it into his hands in five years time though.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, but it got me thinking I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman proposing, Like, I don't know, would you ever propose?
Speaker 4: Laura? No?
Speaker 2: But I got myself pregnant, didn't I?
Speaker 1: I loved it?
Speaker 2: In another way.
Speaker 6: To be honest, No, found other ways to lock it down. Yeah, and look that makes me sound terrible. It was not intentional, but I yeah, I accidentally got pregnant. Then we got engaged when I was pregnant. Look, we took a bit of an old heard it route, put it that way.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: Well, Rebecca's called on thirteen six five. I beg, I'm assuming you pop the question.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have so. Back in two thousand and I met my husband in two thousand and three, and then pretty much a year later, in two thousand and four, I proposed to him on our one year anniversary. He had no idea and I pretty much only thought about it sort of like twenty four hours beforehand. And yeah, I popped the question.
Speaker 3: I put to that twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: You bought it out of it for twenty four hours. How did it come to you?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 8: My great grandmother she hand wrote a letter to her husband back then proposing to him. You know, we're happily married for over fifty years, and then she passed away. We're like, you know what, he's the right person for me. It's our one year anniversary. I told him, no presence, just make sure you're up and you're ready by two o'clock, we have to head out.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 8: And we drove to the city where they do the gondola rides in the river, and I had a box with me and don't worry, I spent ten bucks, that's all. And yeah, as we sort of got out there, I said, okay, open it and pulled it open. Had still had no idea what it was. And there's a rose in there. I said, oh, I love you, you know, because you're sweet and caring. And I said, you know, you say something about me, You're like, yeah, in the middle of the rose. I had put a ring for him, so it was right in the middle.
Speaker 6: I mean, this twenty four hour proposal is better than what some men do with all the time to organize everyone out there who's thinking, God, I've been waiting for so long and he hasn't done it yet.
Speaker 1: A gondola and go for gold ring. Yeah, you can do it now.
Speaker 2: I'm going to wait.
Speaker 3: Now the moment's gone.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like, because you've waited so long already, you're like, what's another couple of years next?
Speaker 7: On the show, Shanna Burgess and Brian Austin Green obviously Brian's from nine to two one.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 7: Shanna Burgess is a judge on the new season of Dancing with the Stars that Laura are very Owna's on.
Speaker 6: Oh, and she's an absolute delight. She's honestly a breath of fresh air. I cannot wait to speak to Shanna. But also used to have the biggest crush on her husband, so that's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: That's awkward because they're both on the show together next.
Speaker 2: With their beautiful baby.
Speaker 1: It's the pick up Friday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitch all thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today great savings every day. Guys. Are you, guys feeling a bit nervous about our next guests? A bit excited?
Speaker 3: I'm a bit excited, you know what I'm excited about, and I'm excited to.
Speaker 10: Get some savings.
Speaker 3: We have Brian, Austin Green and Shanna Burgess.
Speaker 2: Welcome guys. I mean I feel nervous for very very different reasons.
Speaker 1: Oh why are you know?
Speaker 2: Because it throws me back. I mean, I feel like we should play the music.
Speaker 1: Da Laura, You're on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: Sha needs a trigger like I need a trigger warning for that. How has Laura gone. This is it's been a question.
Speaker 5: We have watched her train and sweat, We've watched her put her spirit fingers all over the studio.
Speaker 1: Sha is shocking. No, she looks like an inflatable used car dealership.
Speaker 2: It's fine. You can lie and tell them that I did great, It's fine.
Speaker 1: How was she actually so?
Speaker 11: In my honest and professional opinion, I thought she was amazing. And I think that she has so much potential. And she thinks she's goofy and she thinks she isn't sexy, but she hits.
Speaker 10: That dance Laura.
Speaker 2: She really was super coordinated, very sexy.
Speaker 5: I mean, we watched Laura practice and rehearse. She rehearsed in my house a few days, and it.
Speaker 3: Was it was questionable. I'm going to say that.
Speaker 5: But I came out to the first night we came out to support and you were a little fire cracker and you are so hot, you look like a supermodel, shimmy across and.
Speaker 7: You got that stank face. I saw a promo and you were like that stank face on the dance floor.
Speaker 6: I don't know if a stank face is a good thing, but I am enjoying this interview.
Speaker 2: Guys, this is great at Shanna.
Speaker 5: In all honesty, I couldn't look away from your legs that night.
Speaker 3: I was right behind you. You looked so smoking hot as well. It was It just definitely made me want to become a dance I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: That was the takeaway, And I said, how was Laura, and Britt was like, I don't know. I was looking at Shanna's legs. Seriously.
Speaker 6: There were some phenomenal dances in this season. Everyone was amazing and I was so incredibly surprised by the caliber across the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dance absolutely was.
Speaker 11: It was really impressive, especially because you guys came into it with zero dance experience, under really high pressure circumstances and you know, very minimal. I would say rehearsal time for you guys to truly get it together and put a performance out there, and yet you did it.
Speaker 10: Every episode.
Speaker 11: You would come out there and nail it and give something that was just so impressive, and it was it was really cool to.
Speaker 7: What Sunday seven PM, Channel seven seven plus. We're very excited, guys, that's going to be huge.
Speaker 2: But Brian, welcome to Australia.
Speaker 3: It's your first time.
Speaker 2: I have a confession to make. You used to be on my line lunchbox when I was in primary school.
Speaker 10: What about you saying that is that I used to be on my lunch box as well.
Speaker 2: Nine o two on Oh.
Speaker 7: Hey, we're here with Shannon Burgess and Brian Austin Green. We want to talk to you, Brian next, about everything going on in the States with your ex wife Megan Fox and your three children.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're across these guys. They're embroiled in this.
Speaker 5: Ridiculous political debate clothing and gender and a terrific.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we want to get your take. We'll talk to you about it after this when we return on the pickup. We're back on the pickup, Britt, Laura, and Mitch. It's Friday afternoon. Thanks to chemists warehouse heading today, great savings every day right now, shouted Burgess.
Speaker 1: Brian Austin Green are with us. Very exciting.
Speaker 2: Okay, Shanna.
Speaker 6: When I was backstage, I got to see your beautiful, big extended family. Brian, you were there the man from nine O two and o walking around in the background, and I didn't realize that these five kids were all your kids. How do you guys manage such a blended family, how do you manage the co parenting of that.
Speaker 11: We took it slow to start, and I think in the beginning brided such an amazing job at allowing the kids to feel included in decisions of me coming over that you know, first we introduced it with my dogs, and then if Duke and Daisy want to come play, Shanna's going to come play. And so it was this way of allowing them to have a choice in the matter of how often I was around. And for me, from my approach, kids will call bullshit on you so quick. You can't be someone you're not with them. So it was just about me showing them who I am and letting them take their time in coming to me for you know, attention, affection and all those sorts of things. I think if you try too hard with them, they're then setting yourself up fairly because you're putting something forward that isn't going to be sustainable.
Speaker 10: Rina was amazingly patient with the situation. She understood I just come out of a divorce, that my kids are very connected to their mother also, so she had a real good understanding of trying to be friends with them. And be exactly who she was. She wasn't trying to parents in any way. She was really just trying to connect with them in a loving way. She does with everyone that I've that I've ever seen her interact with.
Speaker 11: And I'm a nurturer by nature.
Speaker 10: For a situation that could have gone wrong in so many ways from the very beginning, we were met with no friction at all from anyone, which was really quite shocking.
Speaker 11: We've been very, very lucky.
Speaker 1: I got to commend you guys.
Speaker 7: Mean, I don't have kids, I see Laura do it with Maddie, but like the fact that you guys are such a blended family and you do it so seamlessly and with so much love is so nice for me to see.
Speaker 2: So much support for each other.
Speaker 7: Totally, And Brian, I loved. I mean you coming out in defense of your ex wife Meghan Fox this week. Obviously your kids are embroiled in that ridiculous debate. I think it's disgusting if you don't know your children have been brought into a political five in the US over Megan dressing them in clothes that they want to be dressed in. But the fact that you came out Brian in defense. I mean, what a brilliant dad you are, and a brilliant patna to come out. I mean, where did that come from? Way do we stand on that? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Maybe because I think it is disgusting.
Speaker 10: Yeah, First of all, Megan is an amazing mother. We co parents so well together. I think the only thing you really have control over is how it affects your kids. So we've tried so incredibly hard to make it as painless a situation as we possibly can for them. Uh And as far as our kids dressing, they dress themselves absolutely, and they're gorgeous kids. Whether I cut their hair off or it grows long, they're still going to be beautiful. So it's there. There's no way of changing now with a shirt or pants.
Speaker 7: On that it's the it's the only problem people have these the gender reason Laura's daughters, Undy's on a head and no one has a problem. But then when gender and gender clothes becomes a thing glows up.
Speaker 2: You pick your battles with your children and if that's if that's the thing that makes them feel like they have choice and agency, Like who is going to fight a kid on what they want to wear? It's not anyone wants to have.
Speaker 10: This is the point where they are supposed to be wearing and doing exactly what they want to do, what you give them control to do, because later in life, when you're working in offices and you're working in certain situations, you have to dress appropriately and dress a certain way and carry yourself a certain way. Now is not the time they're they're they're the ages that they are, so you have to make their own choices, find their own style, wear whatever you want to wear. Yea literally every single day to school. And at one point the school was like, you know, he wears the same jersey every day and that I was like, well, you know, we wash it every day, it's clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he wants to wear. Yeah yeah, Oh my god. I want you guys to be my para.
Speaker 5: I always want to have kids and then break up and then get with someone else so I can have your family.
Speaker 2: You've just sold it. You've just made a hook.
Speaker 6: You're the beautiful, perfect example of what a blended family should be and putting kids first.
Speaker 2: It truly is awesome to see guys.
Speaker 7: Brian Austin Greenshanna Burgers, seven pm, Sunday you get on Channel seven seven plus Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: Great to have you back on the pick.
Speaker 2: Up, guys, Thank you, guys, Thanks guys.
Speaker 7: All right, we're back after this on the pick Up. It's the pick Up Friday afternoon. Britt, Laura and Mitch here right now. Get half priced off cosmetics across the Maybelene Revlon Rimmel Nude by Nature Rangers at Chemist Warehouse. You may have heard earlier in the week we were talking about the woman that was ghosted by her Texan cowboy husband. She threw a party for him, he didn't turn up visa party, and he flew back to the US with all her money.
Speaker 2: To be clear, we are.
Speaker 6: Not laughing his belief because I mean, look, we've all been ghosted, I think different times in our lives.
Speaker 2: Maybe we've even been the Ghoster.
Speaker 6: There's nothing compares to how bad that was unless you're some of these people. Because my goodness, we got some people who called in, sent in their ghosting experiences, and they are wild.
Speaker 2: I think Maria's story is probably one of the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's here to tell us Maria was around for thing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, look I'm over it now. But okay, you're ready for the story. Probably he'll probably just want to strangle the guy. I want to go on a you know, a dating app date at line date, and I met at the place and you know, as soon as I sat down and the guy roped up, and as soon as within seconds, he goes, oh, I left my mobile phone in the car, I'll come back. And I was like, yeah, yeah, no worries it all. And then he went waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting where they go, i'side his car. So then I decided to call him block blocked, and I just thought I won't say what I thought. And then the sadness came and the tears came down, and I went, maybe something's happened. So then I said, no, I'll go to my girlfriend's house and share my sadness with her. And I said, let's look at this profile, and I tied it with mine. He blocked me on the profile. No wow, yeah, blocked me on the profile. And then I thought, all right. She said I'll go in this through my one, and she went through hers, and as soon as we looked him up his title his profile title had changed to no fact chick.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Maria that you know what he did you an absolute blessing.
Speaker 2: That is not a man you want to be on a date with anywhere.
Speaker 3: No, that is not a man, full stop.
Speaker 10: What a pig?
Speaker 2: And do you know what? He can stay ghosted? But guess what you got yourself five hundred dollars if no question?
Speaker 4: Now now I want to buy all beautiful Kirby clothes. And I'm proud of my body. I'm proud of my shape.
Speaker 3: Good I am, Maria.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not happy for one day?
Speaker 5: God, he's going to die alone. Oh wow, Okay, I don't have any time for these people.
Speaker 3: I'm done with.
Speaker 1: I enjoy your five hundred dollar chemist.
Speaker 2: He's an idiot. Like updating that on your profile.
Speaker 6: No one's going to want to go on a date with someone and that's their first thing they've written, what an idiot?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and also no skinny person is going to go. Yeah, I also agree, screw the fat chicks.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Does what I mean? It's going to read that and think that that's a nice problem.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you.
Speaker 7: Next, anyway, let's go. If you missed any of the show this week, where Addie here, have a good weekend. You can podcast the pickup on the iHeartRadio app. Just search the pickup and remember when cold and flu strikes did the Demizon gets it done? Always follow the directions for use Will.
Speaker 3: And Woody and driving you home. Next, what's on the show?
Speaker 2: Boys?
Speaker 9: All right, guys, Well, look, welcome to purgatory with us here on Will and Woody because at any stage we could be captured and then whisked off to a room where we will be trapped and then look, it's an escape room. So we're just got to try and get our way out of there with puzzles, trying to solve puzzles with the help of you guys, and look to be honest, and I'm very excited about this, equal parts a bit terrified.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one hundred percent could be taken in this afternoon show.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it more.
Speaker 9: Surely not one hundred percent would be an awful decision.
Speaker 1: Well, who knows who's doing the rest of the show. Well, I well, no, I think we do the show from the location. Anyway, we'll talk about this more in five minutes. Jesus, We'll love it. See you guys, MO day.
Speaker 2: Bye,