Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: They're a natural predator to the beer now that's unity.
Speaker 3: Edward Shearon New music on Gold on four point three, Chris J.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Show, Gold one O, four pints three.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Jackie boy, Morning guys, Good morning and a very happy anniversary today to Patsy and her husband Chris.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: We're feeling all loved up today. Twenty four years today.
Speaker 3: Wow done. They are sally pretty proud of.
Speaker 2: How do you feel it's weird actually because it doesn't feel like it's twenty four years, Like that's that's a lot of years.
Speaker 6: Wedding anniversary on time since like first day.
Speaker 2: Oh that's even longer though, Like that's even like thirty plus years. Jack So what were you ninety seven March six ninety nine. Yes, long weekend and I think it was one of the first Groan PRIs if one groand Prix in Melbourne.
Speaker 7: So we had to sort of like juggle that with hotels.
Speaker 3: You can hire Albert part all those weddings you see there every weekend.
Speaker 2: But it's funny because we've still got our video on our wedding on video, which is like six hours long, which is we've.
Speaker 3: Got We've got the video, We've got the DVD, and now I've got it to think to a USB thumb drive. It's going through all the various permutations. Soon we'll have a hologram of it. You have to watch.
Speaker 7: Actually I should check that because it's still on video. It might even like you got the one HS tape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they stop losing their faires properties. You should get it transferred.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do want to do that. But it's quite funny because you see at the start of it when we get to the church, I beat Chris to the church. I was too early. The time in the limos was like twenty minutes fast.
Speaker 6: It makes it sound like a race.
Speaker 7: It's a bit like that.
Speaker 2: So you see Chris and his brothers pull up to the church and run through a side door breathless thinking Chris thought.
Speaker 7: He'd muck the time up.
Speaker 2: He thought, oh gosh, it's going to be so angry with me. It was like at one point thirty, not at two thirty. Should be in tears.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of the bride getting there early.
Speaker 7: I know ever ever I know, But that's me, isn't it.
Speaker 6: But you went at the top of the top of the aisle looking at.
Speaker 2: News waits for no one. I had to sit in the limos. My dad said, no, you just need to wait here for a minute. And then my sister in law who was my matron of honor said, my Gream's not here, said Chris isn't here yet.
Speaker 7: Wait for his own funeral.
Speaker 3: What else do you remember from you big day? Pas?
Speaker 7: He serenaded me. He sung an Elvis song at.
Speaker 2: Our reception, which was totally I did not wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 3: Oh that's amazing. What did the were? We love God, see the wonder of You?
Speaker 7: Yeah, perfect, the wonder of You.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So that was a bit unexpected. And our MC was a hoop.
Speaker 2: We and the guy from Price is right, Sean Cosgrove, the come on down guy. I was working with him at the time.
Speaker 3: What a higher because he was the only one not booked with the Grand Prix.
Speaker 2: He was doing breaking on Gold I think at the time, and we were good mates and he mcd.
Speaker 6: He was a lot of fun the training giones.
Speaker 7: Come on yeh, everyone, come on down.
Speaker 3: It was quite funny.
Speaker 2: Chris's dad, who was I think about seventy eight at that time and his brother uncle Joe.
Speaker 7: They were the two drunkest at the reception, absolutely off their heads, they were. They had a good night, good night.
Speaker 1: Congratulations about to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, I saw a streaming first, first ever global live stand up streaming via Netflix. Obviously Netflix is all on demand. We streaming breast play this first time. Actually a stand up special was filmed somewhere in the world and people all over the world were watching it at the same time. It's Chris Rock and amazing timing. I'm sure it's just a coincidental that is a week away from the Oscars, and then he slaps back in the best way possible with a great twenty minute set about the whole thing. It is unbelievable.
Speaker 6: I thought, you mean he slipped back like he got will Smith and Sage and knew like a faux truth.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that, well, almost a year ago now. I remember thinking at the time it was it couldn't actually be happening because it was so I remember for.
Speaker 6: Our compute, No, we were just like it does, none of this makes sense.
Speaker 3: And then but anyway, you can watch about whenever you want. But the Chris Rock stand up special is amazing. All right, Let's get into the extra time time waste stuff. All right, we're looking for your hungry bands. Hungry bands is the extra time time waste this morning? Fleetwood, Big Mac, Silver plus, KFC in the Sunshine Band, Silver, t Bone and I Gold, Veggie might be giants. Veggie might be giants Gold and Arctic Munchies.
Speaker 6: Oh very good, Gold Plus.
Speaker 3: By the way, how will Snoop dogg Saturday Night didn't go?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Monkey, good show?
Speaker 7: You I didn't go?
Speaker 6: You told me Chris and you were going for your NB.
Speaker 3: Did not check? Did Snoop do the wonder of you?
Speaker 7: Stop it? Jack what's your time?
Speaker 3: Anytime we talk about her deep love of four things Snoop log, she just gets us to move on. Jackie boy, what have you got? Hungry bands?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Major Grazer, Silver plus, Gobby Williams it is Yeah for office and Nickelbacker looking really hungry? Have you noticed that? So the nickel Becker go a nibble snack nibblen.
Speaker 1: Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show time Waster, extra time. We're looking for your hungry bands this morning. All right, Jack, you're riding Tom Let's see what they've gone. Let's go, Let's go the door. Rito's Oh yes, Dorris Gavin dip biscuit said olymp biscuit, Silver biscuit in vain. You're inhaling food, eat so quickly, silver silk cap Cheweye Lewis and the news, Gold Deli Fotado and Danny Slider knots some sliders. Let's say, Parmish, no more silver, the b Veggies, the b Veggie. No, you don't snack on a.
Speaker 4: Bengie, bad party, shame feeding Heidi silver up Ace, feed me gold.
Speaker 3: That's very good, ben Er Granny Smith. The apple took me a while too. I was staring at that phrase, is going, what's he done with that? Silver system of a donuts? Silver puss and Brianna Brianna, Brianna bree the cheese. But who's who's the Brianna?
Speaker 6: Oh Rianna.
Speaker 3: It deserves more than that, It deserves way more that. It's just very very good. Sometimes some of these like a little dog whistle through it goes over there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Took My Hungry Bands and over the weekend spending quite a bit of time on the couch and eating having snacks. If there was a mount rushmore of slacks, what has to go on?
Speaker 6: I'll change mine? So the this is going to shock you. Reckon the cheesel number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are amazing.
Speaker 6: They're so good. I haven't I had one on the weekend, I had a box full. I hadn't had them in five six years. They're so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, the kids love them, so I've still kept up to speed over the last couple. Is just how great a snap that is.
Speaker 6: I don't know why my memory I thought cheesel was second rate. Cheese will always walk by it in the aisle.
Speaker 7: It's usually on special and you can shove them on the end of your fingers.
Speaker 3: I don't think we need to do that. We're not anymore in the fingers. I think they're good enough to leave out in the ball when guests come around. My wife disagrees. Actually, the guests would love that. And also you're revisiting childhood as well. Perhapsy what's it for you? What would have to go on a mount rushmore of snacks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sultan vinegar, chips, samdboy, Sultan vinegar. I like to lick all the seasoning off, and then they get all.
Speaker 6: What if you got a tongue of leather chesels on the end of the finger in the chip?
Speaker 7: It's not just a snack, it's how you eat it. And then second I would go barbecue shaped.
Speaker 6: Do you still eat the chip?
Speaker 7: Or of course you do mush it up in your mouth because it's all mushy.
Speaker 3: All lecter, take the skin off.
Speaker 7: First, I will rub the lotion on its skin.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no? Was sproken about all right? Nine four one four one four three? What should be on the mount Rushmore of snacks?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Talking about best snacks? There was a mount Rushmore only four places for the best snacks nine four one four one o four three. If cheezels are a seriously underrated snack, you know I think is most overrated? Popcorn? No, no, popcorn isn't bringing anything to a party. It just takes from you moisture.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: The best restaurant I ever went to, sadly to close now it's called Feldman's. They gave you on the table as you sat down before you had your pizza, popcorn on the table.
Speaker 3: Now, what kind buttered popcorn insulted. No, no, I love it.
Speaker 6: I feel like it. Now more restaurants should do that.
Speaker 3: Pats you, Where are you on popcorn?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, not on the table before dinner? Breadsticks?
Speaker 6: Y at a Japanese restaurant, they'll give you a marmod Yes it's like that.
Speaker 3: No, it's not, try old mulch. It's probably just say you audi more alcohol, trying to get some moisture back into your body. All right, so let's talk best snacks. KINI, come morning, good morning, Good morning, Kylie. Welcome to the show. So what do you think is the best snack?
Speaker 11: The best snack is malt teasers on top of hot salted popcorn.
Speaker 6: There's popcorn.
Speaker 3: You have to do something big with it to make it vaguely entertaining. But yeah, so what do you are you putting them all teasers? Ontoll the popcorn, then put it in the microwave.
Speaker 11: No, do you have the microwave?
Speaker 12: The popcorn?
Speaker 11: First, put it in a bowl, and while it's still warm, covered in maltesers, mix it around. It's chocolatey, it's salty, it's delicious.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you nuke the maltese.
Speaker 3: I put in the crazy idea, crazy idea. All right, Kytie, thank you very much your cool have a good week. Let's try. Let's try Paul now, Paul.
Speaker 13: Morning guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah we're good, Paul, hope you had a great weekend. What is the best snack then? What should go on our Mount Rushmore?
Speaker 13: Well, I had a pretty big satellity night, so mine Mount Rushmore has got to be barbecue shape. So I had him for lunch yesterday.
Speaker 3: They were there for you. They'd like a good old friend.
Speaker 6: Vapors that are still lingering in the body.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and now smashed them down the whole box and then at the bottom of the boxes all the flavor. So just with the finger get them back in the box and.
Speaker 3: That there, Paul, is a hero's lunch on any day, just smashing a box of it and then empty in that sort of angel dust at the bottom of your throat.
Speaker 13: And just one more thing, Christian, can I just say good morning to all the Manchester fans?
Speaker 3: Seven Neil Liverpool fan, yes, yeah, late comeback from Liverpool this season. All right, have a good week, Paul, Tracy bye, yes, yes, yes we are Tracy, Good morning Tracy. What do you think is a great snack?
Speaker 12: Chocolate coated Teddy Bears.
Speaker 3: Chocolate coated, Yeah, serving.
Speaker 13: And then you bite the biscuits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you ingested peristous kicks in yes, Tracy. All right, what do you hear? The best snack.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, we're talking about the best snacks. What's you going to Mount Rushmore? Only four spaces of best snacks for merits are going to be on there, Supreme. Yeah, don't even need to do anything. Although Saturday night, I have a layer first of all them. Then I chuck on the cheese, another layer, then I put a layer of saucer on, then a little top of that mountain with some altar beats. Put that in the microwave. When it comes out after about a minute minute half, it's all melted. Then you add on some sour cream.
Speaker 6: It's like a Doledo lasagnac on buche Would you lick the flavor off?
Speaker 3: A would? Really? Is there a chip?
Speaker 6: You don't lick the flavor off?
Speaker 3: Really? Lady Hannibal, Let spin off in the multiverse of the Lector family. All right, So nine four one four one o four three. We got Pete here. Pete, what do you think is a great snack.
Speaker 10: I don't know if you've heard of a salaran. Oh yeah, that's fantastic, kid, I've only already discovered them lightly and why they become a really.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you can get the little bite sized ones.
Speaker 10: Now if you're saying that, yeah, no, I couldn't handle it, but I'd have to have a big one.
Speaker 6: I felt like summer all was always that chocolate bar that your mum and dad would let you have because it didn't look like a chocolate bar, probably still packed the sugar.
Speaker 3: All right, Pete, thank you very much. You killed me. Have a good day.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Bye, Ricky.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Ricky. Welcome to show. Yeah we're doing. Do you have a good weekend, Ricky, No.
Speaker 14: I had a great weekend, Thanks you. It was yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very good. Now, well we're getting on like a house to file. This is lovely. What's your best snack?
Speaker 14: My best snack I think would be a salada with a slice of cheese on top in the microwave for about fourteen seconds on Highay.
Speaker 3: I love that you have fifteen fourteen perfected.
Speaker 14: It's going to be bubbling in the middle when you place the salad directly center of the Michael.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a little many. It's that a little many pizza.
Speaker 14: You make in that Oh it's beautiful, delish, it really is. It's just it was hot with the oil that comes in after it's been in the mark for a few seconds, and wow, it's so good. My advice is using your plate.
Speaker 3: Yes, would you not? Would you not put a couple in there, like a five or ten, or just to just do one at a time?
Speaker 14: Do you one at a time because that way they're nice and jewey and crisp. Still crisp, but there the cheeses and take you ages if.
Speaker 3: You've got mates around doing this one?
Speaker 6: Do you have to wait for the cheese to come down?
Speaker 14: Christian? Sorry?
Speaker 9: Mate?
Speaker 6: Do you have to wait for the cheeses to cool down before biting it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 14: That's the best. Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, Ricky, you have a good week. Thank you very much. About Judy. Good morning, Judy show Judy, good morning. There we go, Judy, We gotcha And Judy, what's your best snack?
Speaker 12: My best snack isms? But with a twist you put them in the microwaves for a minute, gota and then pop them in your and the milk.
Speaker 3: It's going to get the instructions again, not an instructional chat today on the show. It's lovely.
Speaker 12: You put them in the microwaves for one minute and then pop them in your mouth and you know, good time coming and then melt in your mail.
Speaker 3: Do we go back.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Before.
Speaker 3: We get into what we did over the weekend, we need to get producer Rio on to share this amazing story. He was just telling Jack and I, please, Rio, tell us what about your friends?
Speaker 5: Two of my really good friends are getting married in about six months and I said, oh, you know who's are we taking the names? Like, what's the deal with that? And they are flipping a coin at the ceremony to decide who is taking whose name? So is Grant going to take Molly's name or is Molly going to take Grant's surname?
Speaker 3: I wonder what whether people do this when they can't settle it in just a pleasant conversation about.
Speaker 6: What No, but why had the pressure to be already.
Speaker 3: Shoots out? I love this.
Speaker 6: There's already so much nerves about a wedding day.
Speaker 3: You should always settle what name now? Only using that system? It should be done like by the the MC and everything. There should be a proper thing that is high stakes. Are we allowed to know what the names are? Yes?
Speaker 5: So the choices are slow Grove or Weber.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure love people, but Slow Grove feels like a very almost made out British comedy starring Dawn French and Jennifer about the adventures that go on in the slow Grovel Richard.
Speaker 5: There, I'm very excited for the wedding though it's added steaks.
Speaker 6: Yes, I wonder which point they do it. It's like now before you say I do and you kiss the bride, of course, give me the twenty cent coin.
Speaker 5: Before they pronounced each other.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, because then they could do.
Speaker 3: The winner gets their name out, so.
Speaker 6: Does the celebri and flip the coin.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure this spins up in the room, fats down and like a big red silk pillow as well. That's how I see it going.
Speaker 6: We should do later this morning or tomorrow. What did you flip a coin for me? Because when I moved in back to my first share house, there were two distinct rooms, one with a balcony, huge master bedroom, one that was essentially a broom closet. We flipped a coin for it, and I slipped in the broom closet.
Speaker 3: Oh no, definitely that what did you flip a coin for? And also other ways that people settle. Who gets what name? Yes, because this will happen for couples. All right, So we get into our six word week coming up.
Speaker 1: Next rist you O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: You could tell us how your weekend went in six words text A men want to be few partsy this weekend?
Speaker 2: Oh no, Saturday sleeping for me, I have this new wave of enthusiasm to get moving, like I need to do something, especially now I'm fifty, you know, so I thought this, this is how old I am.
Speaker 7: Last time I did it, it was called water aerobics.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, oh sorry, fifty or ninety two?
Speaker 14: I know, cocon I.
Speaker 2: Did Aqua Pulse at the weekend. Jeez, I love the water. I'm Cancrian born in June.
Speaker 7: I'm a crab.
Speaker 8: I love.
Speaker 3: We're okay, we just a whole one line. I thought it was alone from a song. Oh, I thought this is gonna go.
Speaker 2: Also, you know, because I feel like that hour being a busy mom, it's it's me time, and it's no one else can go.
Speaker 7: It's time for me to spend on myself.
Speaker 6: It was a private pool closure to you, like a say exactly what it is is where there's about twenty of you in the water, and then there's aerobic instructor on the side of the pool and he's got one of those little headsets, and then the old.
Speaker 2: Old dear is thank you. It's all different ages. But you have weights like foam weights, so it's a lot of resistance.
Speaker 3: To drown them. No waits.
Speaker 6: Resistance under the water and his pa speaker he does.
Speaker 2: But the only session that I can do on a Saturday is it like seven point thirty, which is really early. So so well, I know, Chris said, you're sure that that's really early, like the commitment from you though, well, you know you got to do something.
Speaker 7: So I set my alarm and I went and I thoroughly enjoyed it. But when I when I.
Speaker 3: Got there, when you're wearing those they give all the ladies those.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 3: The cap and.
Speaker 7: To the left, not just for old DearS. I'll let you know, no, no, no, no, you're quite right anyway.
Speaker 2: So I got there at that early hour on a Saturday, would you believe it was packed our local aquatic at that hour of the morning, at seven am, I was not the walking.
Speaker 3: Dead for old people. Why they up so early? Lie in, die in. You've done, You've done the hard yards of the early risis. Leave that for the rest of our suckers. We don't get old into about one or two in the afternoon.
Speaker 6: What I can't understand is when we drive into work in the morning pitch black. Why old people take their dogs for a walk?
Speaker 3: Wait, la, what have you got to do today? You've been that productive.
Speaker 7: And it's not just the older generation, it's young families swimming.
Speaker 6: Lesson Yeah, the swimming lesson Saturday.
Speaker 2: I'd be saying no to seven o'clock lessons, But there I was. I was there for Aqua max whatever it's called Aqua Pulse, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There was even a kid, would you believe having a birthday party, like a sixth birthday party at that hour.
Speaker 7: Of the morning. It must have been the only slot baker.
Speaker 3: My friends to get their money seven am.
Speaker 6: They can watch the Aqua polse.
Speaker 2: But it was really hard because I found with the handweights right and you're doing all the movements I was going back, back back. I don't think you meant to like go back. I couldn't control myself, well, like going back in the water sinking.
Speaker 7: No, not sinking.
Speaker 2: I was going back and I kept hitting the rope behind me, and then I hit kicked some old deer in the heading.
Speaker 3: My mermaid kicks in the pool.
Speaker 7: I'm sure it's not meant death.
Speaker 6: Well, good luck for staying true to it. Because when you start something, always first week you're like, yes, this is I'm going to do this every week. The next weekend when the alarm goes like stuff.
Speaker 3: Especially this weekend. It's the long weekends. I don't know if he's going to test it all right, So we're going to jack and nize next, tell us about your weekend and six words.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Tell us the story of your weekend in six words. Kashan Brisbane day trip to see Lynn Manuel Miranda in Brisbane. Yeah, he's been, I think in Sydney as well. I think he's here in Melbourne soon as well.
Speaker 6: What's he doing a tour? Does he sing stuff from the musicals or is he doing like a spoken word thing?
Speaker 3: I think his stand up? Uh, I saw Kushel. That must have been amazing. And then Faye unintentionally got high at Snoop Dogg concert. This and I'm not your parents, I'm not the principal. We don't need to do this. Two week unintentionally you go there, Yes, you know what you've you're leaving higher.
Speaker 6: Must have been standing next to the pats like that big old bonfire up.
Speaker 3: All right? Six weekend Mine is teenage daughter snitched to mum in Perth. I were in charge of my sixteen year on told this weekend my wife and mother or they were over in Perth family reunion. Yes, and whenever my wife is away right, I was literally within hours. I think this is the right time because when I'm not allowed to do this, I will clean my trainers by putting them on a wash inside a pillow case. She says it breaks the drum. So anyway, I chuck them in setting more, laughing to myself like you're all right. And then it's thought she was here. Now she'd empty right now, you know that moments you plug, you can pull that. We know where that is.
Speaker 6: But don't you get worried. She'll come back through the door next week and go Wow, your train is so clean.
Speaker 3: Anyway, three minutes into the train is going around the drum and the pillowcase. My phone goes, what she's gone homent just for a chat. She goes, day those trainers are I'm like what I actually looked, try and go. I don't say I like her. Nanny can said. Lois called me a couple of years. That's a hell of a hand to play. Well, fine, yeah, I got snitched to terrible, very very frosty weekend. We've had me in the sixteenyear old. I'm like, okay, you will need someone. You will need this guy in your corner one day, and I will play my hand. Then we'll remember about the trainers. Jackie boy, what's your six word? Weekend?
Speaker 6: Sadly, I have to declare war on the AFL Oh wow, this is a hot take, right, Robbo. They let me down in spades on Friday night for our fantasy Draft night. Now told you on Friday, I'm the league commissioner, so everything falls on me to get it right. Sadly, this year, the site that we usually use folded, so everybody who uses Ultimate Footy had to go to a new location to take the draft. Fantasy leagues. We went to the AFL's in house. Wow, right, the new Promised Land, the new well.
Speaker 3: Website.
Speaker 6: Un Jock, I don't want to get stuck into the weeds of the details, but essentially are yes, well, we have to for me to really burn them. So I get to the draft night.
Speaker 3: Since when you the burn guy? A multi billion dollar empire?
Speaker 6: Yes, but spend some of that billion that you're getting for all your TV rights over the next six years and funnel it into the fantasy section of your website.
Speaker 3: So what did you did you struggle using it?
Speaker 6: Yes, because we got their. First thing we do is decide the draft order. Then I go in to put the draft order into the settings, it says, oh, you can't change your settings half an hour before a draft. It didn't say this anywhere.
Speaker 3: Why not? So then I have to build a two things hit. This sounds like a really dumb night, and it sounds like a really dull it.
Speaker 6: Why do why do we need to I'm only I'm only a quarter of the way through, none of the.
Speaker 1: Way through Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Upon Mother, Law and Wife. They flew out to Perth on Friday for a really big family reunion my mother in law who came here forty months ago our post COVID on holiday and then loved it so much she's she's stayed here. She now lives here. She was re reunited with her sister, flving all the way over from London and they shoved them in that plane in London. Next time we're opening up this can it's.
Speaker 6: Longest commercial flight in the world London, Perth.
Speaker 3: Not to do for Auntie she who's seventy nights quite a deal. But anyway, what kept it going reunited with the system. They've not seen each other in two years, so they're all a path. But the reunions happens, it's going a lot lot of shrieking. You could hear in a different state, probably over the weekend. And then my mother in law has some mobility scooter and she's got this all light one that we take away with her.
Speaker 6: Okay, well she takes her own one inter state.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep on the plane with a little scooter and stuff like this. Yeah, she was showing off how it works, right, She is a really fast and mobility scooter. With this grandson who was five. He got on and any five year old boy thought be quite funny to try and steer this into that big old tree with my nanna on it. Jackie, my mother in law panics thinks the best thing to do is to squeeze the throttle to speed, accelerate out of it, accelerate into it, into the tree. Sadly, she fell off and she's she's broken her arm. Yeah, now you're a bit too early with the laughter. So she's out there now the big reunion, you know she's going to be They can fling back to Melbourne tomorrow. You know, they wanted to spend a lot of time together. Now sister's going to be a carer, you know, helping her really intimately over the next three weeks. But my wife said, when she was describing, she said, at first I thought she was mucking around because she fell off in about nine very slow stages. She said, it was so slow motion that like she was like hamming it up. So when she was then on the ground onto a bed of grass, she was like she thought she went over and her mom was like writhing around screaming in pain. She was like, Mum, get up, you're scaring me up. Yeah, she thought she was mucking around, and then she does no, she's not. She actually has broken her arm. So this morning, we want to know them when they thought you were mucking around, Because this happens a lot, doesn't it. You don't realize someone's actually in a great deal of pain, right, it's not funny anymore. I've said this to people clutching. No, no, no, I mean and you know I'm not falling for this.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 3: They all broken here.
Speaker 6: And when you're in the extreme pain, it's hard to tell people no, I'm not joking. I'm really in pain. And the hospital you're.
Speaker 3: Sort of laughing and in the agony, you don't know what's what the tears are.
Speaker 1: For The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Sadler of the weekend, My mother in law took a tumble. She fell off her mobility scooter, and my wife, who was there, said it happen in such slow motion. She thought her mum was mucking around when she was lying on the ground, thought her mum was pulling her a prank off, some sort of elderly jackass.
Speaker 6: If you will, where are the cameras?
Speaker 3: I wasn't that thing? We had come on ourself, Fanny anymore. Yeah, come on, you've had your laugh, get up, you know, and she'd actually actually had she had to get a hospital. She has broken her arm, but she thought she was joking at the time. We're looking for your stories where you've been in that situation? Nine four one one oh four three Lucky. Yeah, good morning, morning, Lucky. So they thought you were joking at the time, Lucky. What happened?
Speaker 13: It was my sister.
Speaker 8: Actually, when we were kids, we were running to try to jump and touch the ceiling at Dad's house. My sister's fallen and hurting her foot.
Speaker 13: Dad's just shake it off.
Speaker 8: And when we went and visited Muma week later, she had more sympathy and it turned out that my sister had broken her foot and required a cast all the way up to her me.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: Just before the start of year seven.
Speaker 6: Oh no, oh yeah, Lucky, it sounds like you have the same dad as me.
Speaker 3: I actually had men people probably nodding at the raided hill. I also had that dad.
Speaker 6: I broke my finger at school playing basketball. My dad was the one who came picked me up. He said she'll be right, And it wasn't until my mum got home from work later that night that she shot me to the hospital.
Speaker 3: It was at the right angle and the car was a doctor.
Speaker 8: Water would just kick every a glass of water, there would be there would be no hospital or Milton.
Speaker 6: A glass of water. My dad's motto was, actually, kids can't get.
Speaker 3: Injured, lucky. Thank you very much, story mate, very funny.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's get a Carly here. Good morning, Carly, Good morning Carli. They thought you were joking at the time. What's your story mate, Well.
Speaker 15: It wasn't me. It was my cousin. So many many years ago. There was a very loose sort of entertainment park called Bobby's World, and when she was four, I double bounced her on the trampoline. She landed very badly and limped around Bobby's World for the rest of the day. Her parents didn't believe her. It wasn't until she reverted to sort of crawling because she couldn't wait there anymore, that they took her to the doctors and she had a break in her fema. So she was in a full leg cast as a four year old, poor little thing.
Speaker 3: Oh that's terrible.
Speaker 15: Com Yeah, that's what happens when you double bounced people.
Speaker 3: A strong lesson in this story today. Thank you very much. Just go to work, David, Good morning.
Speaker 16: Morning Christian. I suffered chest pains last year and asked my family to ring the ambulance, and all they did was standing their mobile phones. So I had to ring the ambulance myself and two and they finally believe me I needed to have a bibe surgery.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 16: I can laugh at it now, and I remind them every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that is heartless.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 13: I'll borrow that.
Speaker 3: Ye, it's my gift to you. Actually.
Speaker 6: Now, are you guys on your mobile phones because you're calling the ambulance or are you just playing guess?
Speaker 16: I don't know what they were doing.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that one thing. You were already having a serious heart problem. Yes, so thank god she calls your own ambulance.
Speaker 16: Yes, yes, I wouldn't be I wouldn't be here.
Speaker 3: No, you wouldn't.
Speaker 16: Oh I can laugh at it now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. He keeps saying that like it's one of those affirmations. You're outside their house, now, aren't you going to run put your car into the house.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you're here, David. I'm glad you're still here.
Speaker 3: I feel like we're part of twelve step. The next step is called a radio show and talk about the phone. David, I'm glad you made it out alive. Okay, thank you, take a laugh about it now.
Speaker 1: Christian Connalls Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Time for this week's misheard lyrics. It's just another mishard man nay, Christian o'connall's misshard lyrics. All right, every money on the show. We'd play back, Oh your misheard lyrics if we agree with what you think you're mishearing. If not, And for the great ones, Hall of recent, Hall of Famous, for carly see your unstoppable I'm so powerful, I don't need diarrhea today. And Nate had this from baby you ain't looking right about power solo. Baby, you itch your bulls, you itch your balls, you eat a lot. All right, let's get into it this week. This comes from Anthony Christian. We'd like to request to redo on our misheard last week. It's not the chorus what we hear Son's names Elliott, it's the second verse. So last week we thought it was this bit and we couldn't hear Elliott and this at all just Gloria, nothing else. But what they actually meant was this bit. I think they got they got Elliott.
Speaker 6: Come back from round two.
Speaker 7: It's there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like it's there. Darren's got Last app by the B fifty Two's Tin Ruth Rusted or is it Henry Busted? No, I'm still hearing the one from a couple of weeks ago when it was Penroth Penrith Rusted. Yeah, that one, but not yours, sorry, Darren. Chris McNeil's got Rocket by def Leopard Rocket, Yes, Satellite of love, subtle lyrics rockets or is it rocket? Yes? Standing in the line for the Lou. Oh, that's a brilliant, very subtle, but I think it is there, Chris Rocket, Yeah, standing in the line for the lou. Yeah, I love that one, Chris, Hall of Fame, Jim's mowing Gippslands has got pink. That's all we know. Yeah, pink. Raise your glass in all the right ways or my underdogs or is it in all the right ways? Or my art chokes?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, I also like that. Hall of Famer. Jackie Christian, I've got this The Great Pretender by the Platters. The Great Pretender? Was it over the weekend on gold Sticking on the platters over the weekend? Hurt Jackie Red or is it the Great Green Teddy Bear? It's there, Jackie. And finally today Lizzie's got your kisses on my list holder notes because it means more to me. Or is Darryl saying what's a meat ball to me?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's there, Lizzie hall of all right, as always your email twenty four to seven. Whenever you misshead a lyric, email me directly. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: We've had an idea with Toddy Afel about it. They love the idea. Now, in the wake of Jack torching the organization an hour ago, I'm wondering how they feel about their exciting new partnership with the Christian o'connells.
Speaker 6: Just the branch of their website that does the runs the Fantasy Draft. It could be better another gay. Yeah, I love AFL. I'm a big fan of the ANFL. Just get into that back end and fix some profits.
Speaker 3: Don't you even forget mister McLachlin Gil all right told us that is you remember what he said? Uh? He said, oh this is your no app And when my driver listens to the show, oh thank you for coat. Obviously you wouldn't Eveet fiddle with the car to tune into us. You'll need a butler with a white goats. I will do that. So imagine Gil would have heard this man's got a sweaty start to his day when he just some mumbley on the radio talking about the Trouptown menu on the back end of the Fantasy Draft Nerds site.
Speaker 6: You know, there's fourteen who have us to drinking on Friday night, trying to get the website to work, and the boys are saying things like burn them on the radio. This week, somebody said, get gill on and say it to his face.
Speaker 3: He's coming in, but we're not that. We're going to talk about the Mini motivations, this big thing. We're not gonna go you right now. Let's burn him on the clock. Yes, sir, you feel Gil being like the common fan anyway, Mini motivations. We love this idea. He fel loved this idea back in the good old days when they love the show.
Speaker 17: You to fight and.
Speaker 1: You you whyre.
Speaker 3: But your voice is myy. You ref them so they can win the fly Mini Motivators. Anyone who's under eighteen and loves their footy team. We're asking you to get the whole family involved. Record a video firing up your team. It's less than two weeks now. The big briance then is worth over three and a half thousand dollars in our Mini Motivators, family membership to the club of your choice to see every game, thousand dollars to spend at the AFL's store, and for the first color of entries we get, you get golden sharing balls as well. All right, so let's hear some of these entries. This is from seventeen year old Tigers fan Gus. Okay, Tigers, listen to me. It's a new year, new goal.
Speaker 17: Let's not think about what happened last year. Let's just get back to playing the amazing footy. I know the Tigers can play.
Speaker 3: Let's do this. Tigers, come on, hut them on, rich Man, rich Man. I love that, very very good, strong start from Gus. Let's go to Hawks fan Reuben, who's twelve.
Speaker 12: Samtchel has asked me here to get you guys pumped up, get your motivated.
Speaker 1: Every team wants to win for review worked hard.
Speaker 5: Have you put in the effort?
Speaker 1: I know you have now keep the falling ten words in your mind.
Speaker 6: If it is to be, it is up to me, believe it.
Speaker 3: Let's go Hawks, strong words. They're fun, young Ruben, that's very good. So these are the mini motivators. You can be any age, as long as you're under eighteen. We've got a young Lions fan here, six year old Hudson.
Speaker 9: Right, okay, Lions, you can do this. You're the best team ever. You can win the fight, he can win the cup, and you're the best team ever, the best, best, best.
Speaker 3: Guy the Lions. That's my favorite one so far. That we all feel the passion right and I reckon. We could put it in front of any play at the Lions and they hear that, that passion when he says you're the best.
Speaker 9: Team ever, the best, best, best team ever.
Speaker 3: That we're all fired up, aren't we? Well done? Little six year old Hudson, the Lions fan. So those are the mini motivators. Go to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: What do I Do? While my wife was away? I did two house viewings. I'm not sure if we are actually gonna move, but just to see what's around. Obviously now we've only got one daughter at home, wife and life and thinking, you know, do we make some changes Anyway, I go to have a look at one place right and the Wednesday agent goes, you know, we're going in, and you see, I get really irritated when there's other people there. It's ridiculous very as well. You don't think after you, after you, or into the wardrobe. You are the other one. All of this.
Speaker 6: Everybody walks at the same speed. That's slow, like you can't stop, but you're almost moving so slowly that you're walking.
Speaker 3: I did a couple of these where I sort of kicked something or war bang it like this, go it's going to need to work people. They just look around like, oh is he a builder? Does he know? That's sorry? What is that coming from? I have to get the plans anyway, the real estate as he goes, don't bother going in upstairs. Okay, I'll take you down to the basement. Let me paint the vision for you. This is your you can build a studio down here.
Speaker 6: He's got you.
Speaker 3: This guy, I am. I'm an easy mark. My daughter was. I slow down and I started to jog a bit to get down there. Don't go down the stairs and stairs to get down to the basement.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, we left, my daughter said, because I was wide eyed for it, I would have she said, if you'd got the paperwalk out, you would have. Yeah, that's it. We're moving.
Speaker 6: I ring.
Speaker 3: My wife didn't even know I's doing it. How being go and sold it. We're moving when it comes back. We don't live there anymore. Shouldn't go away to birth for a couple of days. Anyway, we go downstairs, I have a looksie around there, okay, and then I see that there's a there's a toilet. We all know a toilet. Then in a different room. It's gone to the effort, this person of having.
Speaker 6: Your idyl Oh, I've actually always wondered if anybody has them been a home.
Speaker 3: I've never never ever seen one before.
Speaker 6: Yes, because there's so much.
Speaker 3: It actually took my breath away, the audacity, like now this is an Alphas home. I almost felt up. And he's leaving his mark in the open. You can't close that seat. It's like he's marked his territory. I'm not down, you know, I've never seen anyone believe in it.
Speaker 6: Actually, when we were renovating in a bathroom years ago. I said to I wonder if anyone does urinal in the house, because it's so much easier to use. You don't go, man, but it's you know, lift up the seat, speaks back down again.
Speaker 3: But it's it's is there how she can do what you want?
Speaker 11: True?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I can imagine guests going to use the bathroom and here's the urinal that's.
Speaker 3: Been understand It was in a separate room so you could close the door behind you, but there it was. It was kind of like so you had a cubicle make a pub for Like I said, it's not always impressed. So I don't know if anyone else. I can't imagine anyone else has got an actual urinal in that.
Speaker 6: I think it's so rare that you should buy that house because.
Speaker 3: You may not find said to the military agent, you should have led with this. Don't bother with that that shiny photo you get all whatever on the front. Just that your rhyl. You'll find your Jordan Peterson's and of Joe Rogan's. I've got my kettle bell here. I use this because I'm mad.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Today's time waste. It is old farmer day. Researchers have conducted IQ tests of pigs, horses, cows, chicken, and sheep to discover the most intelligent farm animals. Who do we think is at number one?
Speaker 6: Pigs?
Speaker 7: It's definitely not shape. They're silly.
Speaker 3: Things are a lot of burning going on today show from YouTube DJs.
Speaker 7: They're stupid.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: We used to have them at the back of our house growing up.
Speaker 6: It's like you used a sheep as an account or something, and you got your taxes.
Speaker 2: You've got a vendetta and you'd approach them to pat them, and they'd like jump around or crazy in different directions.
Speaker 3: Well, pats, you're right. They're in number five chicken to say it can trick other chickens? What what IQ three? Cow can can tell the weather? Is that true?
Speaker 10: What I do?
Speaker 13: You got?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 3: The count?
Speaker 10: Was?
Speaker 5: An old wise tail the way a cow's tail would point would predict the weather a certain way, and then scientists tested it and they were right.
Speaker 3: Really, why aren't we getting cow weather on the show?
Speaker 5: Just get us a cow?
Speaker 3: All right? Okay? Are you a farmer with cows? Can they be the weather? Cow? This week on the show, horse and horses at number two can open a sophisticated gate. What is the sophisticated gate? And then I'm earned you, Jack? You was strike pigs. Pigs apparently can play video games. They love a shoot them up. You get them on that Gears of War. They're not just in that trough all right. So if you're farming movies, sorry, that's a pirate.
Speaker 9: That was.
Speaker 3: I'm still a pirate. Sorry farmer movie. So I just getting into character, all the various impressions. A cropper lips now, a crop lips snap, resident weavil gold? Oh, those farmers a hit, those evils? Farmer gedding silver, signage of the lambs or that muck spreading our films fields? What's happening? I think I'm having a stroke. Guys, you think I'm joke? Cool signage of the lambs silver? Yeah, thank you very generous, Jack. What have you got? Farm movies?
Speaker 6: A steer is born?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Silver.
Speaker 6: When Harry milked.
Speaker 4: Sally, Oh yeah, she's a freezing okay, gold plus Daddy hate here.
Speaker 3: That's also gold.
Speaker 6: And Chucky from Child's Play. He's doing too much horror stuff. We've got to get him out working on the farm. Child's plow some gold trifector.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast, A.
Speaker 3: Wild Farming Day. We thank you all our farming listeners. Thank you, And right now we're looking for farming movies. Are you ready to plow?
Speaker 6: Let's claw the fields?
Speaker 3: Thinking about it all right, let's plow. Debbie plows Dallas straight into it on William milking Miss Daisy.
Speaker 6: Something would happen to her. Silver.
Speaker 3: It's not just that I'm afraid, dude, where's my calf? Yeah? Silver plus Beverly Hills crop gold powering Miss Daisy. Yeah, there we go. Silver plus, that's some debt apocalypse plow Silver, Edward silo hands.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, God, that's so good.
Speaker 4: Jack and I big fans of that. Jewels Uh the Stable Guy Silver Farming Nemo silver plus.
Speaker 3: Not point break point break gold. Id'm meg, how to sew a field in ten days? Silver bowl, metal jacket ball, silver plus full milking bucket, but bronze avatoire the new Animals go to die Silver plus. He's just not that into pooh gold an elliot A few good hens gold instead of Jodah ho dirt gold gold. For any reference always to Jodah one of the finest movies ever made, Austin Powers, The Spy Who Plowed Me? Wild Done, Nathan and Ballarat A doubler there, that's powerful. There's something about Mary's lamb and bronze Fatal Attractor, Gold, Chicken a wire Silver, No country for old McDonald, Yeah, Gold, Kindergarten, coop, Gold, throw Mama from the tractor, Gold dairy, sorry dairy of a wimpy kid, Silver man with the golden.
Speaker 4: Cock crow, Bronze pigstie hard silver and I know what you planted last summer silver.
Speaker 3: They're very, very good. Well, don't know if you want.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: That's again And she said could you play mentors anything? Too many times? On their wedding anniversary today it was their first song together, Happy to hop out and congratulations again. Are you celebrating to tonight? You're gonna do? You're gonna have for dinner?
Speaker 7: You know what it's like. It's a bit hard, like it's ballet night tonight for awards.
Speaker 6: You already do four West of Sunda.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know she does. She does on Monday night?
Speaker 6: Is she for the Russian Ballet?
Speaker 2: When they do exams they have to do two lessons. No, so we're going to do something this weekend, I think hopefully.
Speaker 3: All right, so tomorrow's show Today, after going into a house of the weekend where I saw a men's urinal, it was like, wow, that is a statement piece.
Speaker 6: You know exactly what it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, other statement pieces you've seen, or maybe you have a statement piece? What if you flip a coin to decide an amazing story? On today's show, some of Rio's friends can't decide what surname to take, Who gets the surname, who loses their surname when they get married in six months time. So on the big day, as Jack said, of high emotions, big emotions, they're adding in the coin toss to decide what is the surname they both take. And then yeah, we kicked it. Feels like we've been talking about this last week, but we really kicked off many motivators today. With footy less than two weeks away to the start in Round one, we're looking for young footy fans, anyone under eighteen, just to get their phone out, get mom and dad involved, get behind them. It's a big prize. Record a pump up message for your footy team. We've had some great ones. Today we have this from little six year old Hudson, who is a mad Keen Lines fan.
Speaker 9: Okay Lines this, you're the best team ever. You can win the fuk you can win the Cup, and you're the best team ever, the best, best.
Speaker 3: Best guy the lion that is powerful. That's like paccino any given Sunday level to mells. And also, can you remember we used to get that excited. You used to run out of breath.
Speaker 8: You have to.
Speaker 3: That's the passion of the Mini Motivators. We had seventeen year old Gus who's a Tigers fan. Okay, Tigers, listen to me. It's a new year, new goals.
Speaker 17: Let's not think about what happened last year. Let's just get back to playing the amazing footy. I know the Tigers can play.
Speaker 5: Let's do this.
Speaker 3: Tigers, come on, hut them on. Rich Man could have done with us before rather Dees took him apart the weekend. But anyways, this practice games all right, So Mini Motivators. The prizes are Huges three.
Speaker 6: Thou Do prize pack, which includes family membership to the club of your choice, also one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Keep saying club of your choice, like someone's gonna go. Actually I'm not a fan. Yes, yes, it's just there cu no no, no, take your time go through all eighteen clubs. That's Swans actually wors gonna go.
Speaker 6: So yeah, the family membership to your club plus one thousand dollars to spend at the AFL store.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 6: You get to choose which team you'll support and which merch you by.
Speaker 3: Cup of your choice. Just keep it going, cover of your choice, all right. Head to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's Show podcast