Speaker 1: Pat On flex and Firms flex and Firms. This is the Flex and Firms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: In its Flexing Firms on CATA. If you've ever found yourself in a bit of an Internet debacle and someone told you to touch grass, you might be entitled to compensation. That compensation is the joy of realizing that touching grass is the new black and optimism might be the thing that saves the Internet from itself and us. Listen to this from DTS Trends on TikTok in case.
Speaker 3: To me Si, Nihilistic attitudes in you to rise amongst gen z and leils. In fact, it's predicated to be one of the biggest strengths in the next year. So we continue to navigate through relentless crisis. However, a new wave of optimism is starting to emerge. Support it online by anti nihilism content and the search of year and posting. As we search for opportunities to reconnect with nature, third spaces to meet people, and rituals to center our spirits, we're witnessing a slow shift away from the domain and secular beliefs towards new ideologies. Seemed that feeling the spiritual void ooh.
Speaker 2: I had to recently google the definition of trend because I thought, are we just misusing it or you know or or is it just trends every day? So I googled it, and a trend is a general direction in which something is developing or changing. That makes sense, I can imagine. I talk a lot about pendulum swinging. We often, especially on the Internet, veer towards one extreme way of being and then we veer to the other end. So we might recall in twenty fourteen, it was really commonplace to get dressed up just to take an Instagram photo. You see really pretty ball, really pretty house, put on your best outfit, take a photo, and that was it. And people knew it was contrived, and that's what we liked about it. We liked the fact that it was a certain level of commitment and dedication to the content. Now fast forward twenty twenty three, and people are making tiktoks and becoming millionaires from their bed, crusty eyes, morning breath, just changing the game. There's seven figures in their account right now. And so you have to wonder where to from here, back from whence we came? What do you mean, are we going back to aesthetic why don't think we're going It's not we're going backward. We're going forwards, but the pendulum is swinging back in the other direction. Similarly with this optimism content, there was a time on the Internet where positivity was commonplace. Then we were told it was toxic to be that positive because we were really segregating ourselves from the reality of the world and it's not a positive place to be in, and that we suppress actual real narrative. So everyone got really really into the reality of the world and everyone's like, wait, the Internet's meant to be escapism. I don't want to do real world here. I don't want to be met with the horrors that are never ending, and so I feel like I feel like, for the most part, it's really hard to find the center place for everyone without coming across as so neutral that you don't have a point of difference, and so the swing is to ensure that change happens.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't mind. I just I like the optimism vibes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, optimism is good, but people know how to perform it in a way that's not really helpful. So it's like we like, I know a lot of people who are quite optimistic and quite happy, but they don't come across as sweet and saccharine, so it's not registering. I think when you say optimism on the internet, you know some person's going to be like guys.
Speaker 1: Like so much to be grateful phone, like when the world is falling apart like zig zep and it's like, okay, babes, wake up, Like we can be optimistic about the vood capasta arriving on time and being delicious, like there's something to say about that.
Speaker 2: But we can't deny reality in favor of optimism. I mean, all we can. You can, yeah, absolutely, you definitely can, but beware the consequences as we say. I enjoyed that. Thanks for listening. Thank you your flexing firms. That's the optimism coming through.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 1: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.