Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We haven't got time to wait for the intro to the show. We like Patsy was just saying, today is the day. Today is the day we've been building too for a couple of months called the Longest Serve, where we have people ready to go brandishing tennis rackets, trying to take each other on. Hit a tennis ball over the yarra. Whoever hits the furthest whin's ticket this weekend to go to the men's final at the Open. But if you're listening to you right now, you have seen the lightning. You'll have seen the thunder. And it's not like we were in a wide open space. And those are tennis rackets that are metallic lightning rod is how lightning could see.
Speaker 3: That Patsy stage is made out of ls.
Speaker 2: Actually right, we couldn't be in a more dangerous situation. And Patsy, you know you said in your weather that maybe thunder weather needs to lose the word. Maybe maybe we can go, maybe we kin'd have maybe weather, is there going to be thunder during the next light till three hours?
Speaker 4: Well, I have to tell you I have to be honest, I've got to call out. I am waiting eagerly for the bomb to call us back to give us an update, as eager as you. But it dropped.
Speaker 2: Jack and I have been told by you that you have the hotline. Hot line is.
Speaker 4: You know what used to be gone? O the days you used to be actually able to ring the overnight on call meteorologists, the senior meteorologist and have a one on one with them. Get grabs.
Speaker 2: Now some overseas call center. Now there's Red Australia. Are you in India?
Speaker 4: You know what you have to do now you have to bless their hearts. You have to.
Speaker 2: Email the take a knee for them.
Speaker 4: Email the media unit. And they're not in until six, so they're just making their cup of tea.
Speaker 3: They went from the bomb to the bureau trusted.
Speaker 4: So I am trying to get an answer, but it dropped two degrees just before my six o'clock news from twenty seven to twenty five. Lots of thunderlots of lightning, very very frightening, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, Patsy. So basically the plan was and still is in italics in virtual commers that this starts at just after seven o'clock. Both the Rio and Jack are just as ball boys right now. I mean, you look awesome. It looks great, but everyone's a little bit. The atmospherics above us are hearing this studio as well. There's a combustible atmosphere on the show.
Speaker 3: I've never really seen lightning like I saw this morning.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 3: It was like a light display.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sheet lighting.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It takes me twenty seconds award from the front door to the car and it would have spread the sky with lightning seven or eight times.
Speaker 2: Yeah. As it was coming over the year today, I thought, oh, I have a look down and see where we're going to be. It was literally like a stage show like Jean Michel Jean eliminated by crashing forks of light, and I went, that's not a good thing. Technical gear. Caitlyn, our producer, just asked some of us to pray. So are we still going ahead? We have we have to. Well there's the tomorrow is raining and then the men's final is Sunday. That's happening. We have to give away these tickets today. Let's speak to so let's be to Doug here we spoke to last week. Good morning, Doug, Good morning, Christian. Now, Doug, I asked Caitlin to get a hold of you asap because you'll know more about extreme weather pans. Because Doug contact us the last week when we're first talking about what we're going to be doing the Longest Serve and Doug has a charity and he goes over it. If I've got this right over to the Himalayas and you take tennis rackets, second hand tennis rackets to schools over there and areas over there.
Speaker 6: Yes, we certainly have to know what the weather's doing over there. I'd just like to say, Jack this morning, who's going to be the smart winning climbing gear this morning?
Speaker 7: Now we do.
Speaker 2: This isn't the time for settling grievances. We have an appointment on a makeshift story. That's the thing about feud. Listen, team, we need to be strong. We longest Servers won. Doug, what's the weather prediction for the next two or three hours?
Speaker 6: So I think this will go through. I've been watching the fronts about four am. It's heading northeast. It'll be well and truly through from the Metropolinia. Shortly there's a few scattered chows across the Victoria and the latest update from the weather. It is only one real maximum today, so I think we've already done.
Speaker 7: That this morning.
Speaker 2: So you saying we're good to go, I.
Speaker 7: Think we're definitely good to go. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: It's a lightning and thunder calming down, though it's not so frequent.
Speaker 6: I thought the lighting was there to set up earlier, because that gets started early.
Speaker 7: But no, that'll be all through.
Speaker 6: I think it'll be a great morning.
Speaker 2: Lightning all through is not a great mourning for our engineers, expensive equipment, members of the public. US metallic tennis racket's been waved up at the sky. It's almost challenging fun. Look back at the.
Speaker 3: Front dog and tell me what because.
Speaker 2: We get up in that crow's nest and get the bino's working again. It's another maybe, isn't it. It's arounded by maybe today.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's all been building today and the Jimmy with.
Speaker 3: Your best sir, Oh can you hit over the yarrah?
Speaker 2: I did actually ask for thunder sound effects last week?
Speaker 5: What side of Rod labor Rosie too?
Speaker 2: Weather permitting, Weather permitting, we will be down in an hour's time, less than an hour's time at the ERA with fifteen of you, the challenge is how far can you hit tennis ball? Can you clear the yarra? Whoever hits at the furthest this morning wins their way to the Australian Open this weekend and the men's final VIP courts side tickets. But Melbourne be and Melbourne has surprised all of us. Hold my beer, tennis players. Thunder and light light you've never seen it before at five am. So the moment we're relying on listeners, satellite imagery of which we know nothing about, to try and speculate whether it's safe for actually to do this.
Speaker 3: The iPhone emoji for me this morning had a cloud with free thunderstroke.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we've got who we got here? Rob on the link in morning, Rob? What can you see? Morning? Rob?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Christian?
Speaker 2: How am I? Well? We're tens in the moment. We don't know whether we go one hundred percent commit and all relocate to the yarrow or we don't know what to do. What's the weather like? Were you are?
Speaker 7: I'm out in Footscray, I'm looking at the clouds now. It's come from the southwest. But the good thing is that's clearing up.
Speaker 2: This is good news. You one. We can still do the longest serve Rob, thank you very much. It be more more help than the bureau perhaisly they called you back. Yeah that n.
Speaker 4: We put another one in there. Still calling back.
Speaker 2: Someone is not going to be getting your notes of praise, taking time out from my day, make my job bless that? No for you? So are we all now? Caitlin producing Kaitlin is the what's the ruling at the moment? What do you reckon? Then?
Speaker 9: The ruling is that we're continuing and we're going ahead because it is clearing up.
Speaker 2: I love this decisive leadership. This is what could possibly go wrong. It's not speculate because it's lightning and voltage. All right. So we were going to be doing some songs after seven o'clock as we are down at the raw. We are still going to be down there. We need big motivational songs to do with tennis. Now I'm thinking Momoiselle broaden up to the weather as well. Jack, what do you think we should play this morning?
Speaker 3: I thought, with the contestants hitting it as far as they possibly can, how about Nelly fititato. I'm like a bird.
Speaker 10: What a tune, what a dream?
Speaker 2: I love this song.
Speaker 3: In this metaphor, the ball becomes the bird.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh yes, I've got this team. Great thing about having editing facilities is you queue up the bit you want to go to so that when I go, I've got this he goes great bars and fire. Not old Jerry le lewis walking his fingers up and down the keyboard straight into great balls of fire. Any fine, come on, Jerry, It's just you get the point in this metaphor telling one of the worst songs in the world and one of the worst bands of the world is imagine dragons. They've got one of the weakest names ever. They did this terrible song. This song makes me angry. I don't know why they make me angry. It's the name I know we call ourselves. Close your eyes, guys, just imagine dragons. We're flying. Oh my god, this metaphor. We're flying, and we're pooping out songs and hits. All right, what songs loosely connected with tennis? We're looking for very, very diluted metaphors today. Any song we could play loosely connected. It's like five degrees of tennis in a song, isn't it.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: You were back from the bureau yet, pats No, I'm not happy with this either. No one but an Acro winner in the corner. No one puts Patsy in the corner. I'm sure thirty minutes. Good morning, it's a cushion. O'Connor Show, six twenty nine, Wednesday morning, Full steam ahead. We are heading down to the Era. Despite thunder lightning widespread over the last hour, we are heading down. We're looking for motivational big songs. So everyone take my after seven to this morning for the longer serve. As you line up seeing how far can you hit a tennis ball? My wife said to me here, so you think anyone's going to do it? I don't know.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I think? I think it's going to go far. I think it go really far. I think they get over sixty. I don't know if anyone's going to go seventy. Also, when I was trying to get the dogs, you know, I don't know what your dogs were lot this morning, but they they get real screw when the weather's on this. They really don't like it do they And normally in the morning when I get up and let the dog go on, stretch its leg and do what it needs to do out in the little patch of a garden. That dog literally stuck one pour out today and was looking around going, man, just poke and way, I suck it back up. I'm not going on this weather. But there was a load of wind around. There was a lot. It's very, very windy, so I don't know if they're hitting into the wind or they're going to have a tail stair.
Speaker 3: If we channel it the right way, and then I think we will see them soar over the rip.
Speaker 2: And you're right, Chat, we have the power to channel weather, of course, or we get deaf there like Greek gods. All right, So what songs? Christian? What about Elton John? I'm still standing. You're going to still be doing this, Michael, that's a great one. What about Wrecking Ball? Miley? Sy Ri is great one. DEBI A lot of you are saying black Eyed Peas. I got a feeling because there's a line go out and smash it. We should definitely play that. Christ Do you remember this song the power Snap? That's what they need. These tunes are good that we're building a new radio station. Passy, what do you reckon? We should play?
Speaker 4: I want to add to the mix rock you like a Hurricane by the Scorpions.
Speaker 2: We're trying a little bit of a positivity going in. We don't want to invoke a stronger with a hurricane is bad enough.
Speaker 3: Their performance will be powered all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because it's a well known phrase.
Speaker 3: Now I love it.
Speaker 2: Now, this is this is a great choice. This is a great song Scorpions, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to see our competitants. In my mind, I whipped up in the wind, getting dragged into the river.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's go to the lines. Let's go to Jared. Good morning, Jared. What should we play for everyone trying to take part in the longest serve today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 11: It's going to be as hand this drag with the lightning stole we want, don't ye.
Speaker 5: A?
Speaker 2: Jared' been swept up in that hurricane right now? One of those old twister of all texts. So looking good today?
Speaker 3: Everything soon plays for the.
Speaker 2: Planning all right, Jason, Good morning, Jason. What song should we be playing?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 12: My guys, I've got Martin Garrick high on Lote.
Speaker 10: Well well away from Swedish house math.
Speaker 2: Here this is a.
Speaker 10: Tune do the.
Speaker 2: TPM. Can we see those hands in the air? I mean those two songs there right now. Our boss is in a thunderous mood. Are they doing to my precious creation? Let's go to Tim good morning, Yeah, we're good, Tim. I hope you having a good week so far. What song can we play? Tim?
Speaker 13: Pat Bennetta hit me with your bass shop?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tim. And let's go to Adrian. Good morning, Adrian, Christian, how are we? I'm good? You're welcome to show. What's a great song for us to play?
Speaker 7: A grory hit me with your rhythm?
Speaker 2: Great song from the seventies, rhythm.
Speaker 3: Again in a different vibe like it.
Speaker 2: It's real all sorts today we're putting together. It's not the stations on shuffle. I love it.
Speaker 8: Carl Brighter.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So Jackie boy, you're leaving in five or ten minutes time.
Speaker 3: That's right. I'll head down to the Yarrow. I will be getting into a speedboat to collect the any tennis balls that don't make it all the way across the river.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, because none of them will obviously be left in the in the river, and how we found out anymore? Yet, I know you're inquiring yesterday about a life jacket because obviously you're leaning over. You can't be leaning over too much and you're in the river.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to be netting up a ball and then fall over, and then you guys never.
Speaker 2: Want to hear from them as well, none of us, None of us guys I speak for all of us, or I ever want to be netting up a ball and you fall in. So have they got a life jacket?
Speaker 3: I have a life?
Speaker 7: Best?
Speaker 2: Does he have a life? Has he got one?
Speaker 3: I can't swim, so I should be okay, Yes, you.
Speaker 9: Will have a life jacket because we just can't trust if he falls in trying to get.
Speaker 2: Some of the balls, you don't worry about his safety. He's a father and a valued member of this team. About someone on the team we can't get the ball, did he at least smash you get all the balls out? Otherwise shame on that person? All right? Yesterday on the show, we're talking about how Australia's oldest museum is the Holden Car Museum in the Chuku and Sandy. In a couple months time, it's going to be closing its stors. I've been trying to find a buyer for it even though it's wildly popular. And so yesterday we're just hearing your stories about the great Holden cars, any stories about holding cars on nine four one four one oh four three. We have some great ones coming through. We're going to do a part to today because there was so many.
Speaker 13: Apparently mom was in labor and.
Speaker 5: My head talked at her.
Speaker 11: Mom actually pulled me out.
Speaker 5: And I was born in a holding.
Speaker 7: So about for and a half years ago, I bought a holding off Facebook off a girl who started dating and now engaged and have a little girl together, and we have another one on the way.
Speaker 11: My dear old grandfather he bought and sold over one hundred holding during his lifetime. And he could tell you to make a model of the car that he dropped my nana off the hospital in to have all six of his kids and the registrations.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is an amazing, very niche super power to have nine four one four one o four three. Your story is about Holdens coome morning, John, Yes, my four.
Speaker 14: Kids are named after the whole Manaro. The first one's Kyle Manaro. Yeah, yeah, Kile Monaro, and then Adel Mayna Rose and Rose together is Manaro's. And then we've got Manaro Brock, and then the last one's Jay Thomas Samuel initials duets.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is incredible.
Speaker 3: Narrow Brock Is that after the great Peter Brock?
Speaker 2: It is? It is? What's name? Manaro Brock is a hero's name? Yep, yeah, he's a strong, strong name.
Speaker 3: Then, and remind me what your daughter's name is again, Mona Rose.
Speaker 14: Mona Rows. And if you're putting together, it's Manarows.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is creative.
Speaker 2: The other time, Oh my god, it's you're you're a word magician, sir. What great names?
Speaker 14: Yep, that's it?
Speaker 2: And did you come up with those? John?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, me and the wife, Yeah, brainstorm, split morning and stuff like that.
Speaker 14: Yeah. I mean, I'm a male. I can't think of everything.
Speaker 2: No, you can't know.
Speaker 3: Takes a woman's touch to think of.
Speaker 2: Love stuff.
Speaker 14: I did Monarrow. I did get monarow in before the wife was heavily sedated, so I quickly got it on paper.
Speaker 2: Just want to clarify sedated to do with the birth, Yes, yes, otherwise units are on their way, all right, John, thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: After seven o'clock then Jack and producer Rio high tailing it down to the era right now by the University where we're going to be after seven not this morning, hosting the Longest Serve Amazing prizes courtside the IP tickets to the Australian Open this weekend, the men's final fifteen of you will be down there with us in a minute and you'll be trying to hit a tennis ball. You get one shot, one shot only as far as you can over the hora with anyone this morning to the next hour and a half actually clear the era. It's seventy meters. I hope they all do before that. It's a slice of Australia. It's not just a car, it's a living museum. We're talking about Holden's. The Holding Museum in a Chooka is closing down in April. Sadly it's actually this country's Australia's oldest museum. So today we're asking love we did yesterday for any story you've got involding a Holden car, got an actual poem that came in yesterday from Joe in Lara Christian love is sweet lover's golden love should be made in the back of a holding. Wow, that is beautiful. What's My husband and I met thirty eight years ago and bothered over our love of all Holdens. We have met Peter Brock together and countless holding supergard drivers over the years. Together, we have owned fourteen Holden's and still have seven and are always on the lookout for more. Well, someone else is on the lookount for more. I am going to be buying a Holden. I don't care what state it's in. At the moment. A lot of you are starting to email me we're going to buy one if we need to restore it up to its full glory and then give it away. But we're going to buy a Holden. And it's not so must giving it away as as I passing it on to keeping the love going for the Holdens. Joe, thank you very much for that. It's good to Steve here. Come on in, Steve, what's your Holden story for us?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: Because Jack's not here and he already puts the calls through on Sorry Steve, Sorry Steve. We just missed the beginning of his story there, mate, so sorry if you could get you to a rewright. No, no, it's our promise, right, Steve, tell me a Holden story again, buddy.
Speaker 12: In the seventies, my dad worked at GM Mats and Janney On and he was involved in testing the new vehicles that came out and models, and he used to brag and say the first part of testing was to see how fast they could drive from Danniel to lang Lang.
Speaker 2: This is obviously in the time before speed cameras or anything like that.
Speaker 12: There's time where the police used to meet him up at the pub. Later on I have a view with them. But this one stake. He used to bring all these new cars home that we'd never seen before. He brought home the Toronto, a nine X, and a Sunbird. And one day he brought home this new card. No one had ever seen it before. It was called a Commodore, and it was so fancy. It had windstream, white was on the headlights. We were the first family. We were the first family ever to drive in a holding Commodore.
Speaker 2: That is an amazing clean to fame. Because the Commodore went on to become the most popular car didn't. I think one of the most poplary cars ever in Australia in one.
Speaker 12: Car of the year for like eight or ten years running. So when the VV first came out, it was just a complete change of everything that had ever done from Kingswood and it was it was a fairly close replica to the open Commodore in Germany, but had it was all Australian designed, in Australian made.
Speaker 2: Is that amazing? How at the time that would have seen like the future about windscreen wipers on the headlights would have been like really flash.
Speaker 12: It was unbelievable. It had electric windows and electric and tenor and and that stage. I remember my dad saying that the top of the range sl was going to be around about twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I remember you just mentioned about electric windows and a car imber years ago. We were in Europe and not to hire some cheap higher car and the kids got in it and it didn't have electric windows, right this is about sort of fifteen years ago, and they were.
Speaker 10: Like, oh my god, it's got old fashioned.
Speaker 2: Windows in it, like we at some sort of car museum. Thank you very much your story, Steve. Have a good day.
Speaker 12: You're welcome to have a great day, guys.
Speaker 2: Adam, Good morning, Adam Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you, mate?
Speaker 2: I'm good at you having a good week so far? Thanks for calling the show. What's his story about a holder? Mate?
Speaker 7: I delivered my son in the back of a h Q station wagon in ninety two.
Speaker 2: This is a is a second story two days run and then about a baby being delivered in a beautiful better than an eternity? Ward is a holden? And where did this all take?
Speaker 7: The place made over and over on the west coast of the South Island and New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 7: And we were traveling up to the hospital. She had already had we had a step, we already had a daughter, so I thought she was all over it. How long was I halfway up there?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 7: We hit the bit of roadworks and the old man always is, if you ever wanted to start a carvin take her for a run on the gravel road. Well, how true was that? As soon as we hit that gravel road, mate, she went straight into labor.
Speaker 2: That could be women who expect him right now, that might try this this weekend, if they're running a week or two late, if they're from a due date.
Speaker 7: That's it, so she she sees to be She's still looked at her in the revision because I heard that I had a matress at the back. We're all organized, mate, I head a matress in the back. I thought it would be all comfortable for her to travel up there in the back.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I looked at her in a revision vision her I see, she sees, I think it's coming. I see now, you'll be right love, And she sees Nana pull over, it's coming. When the lady sees that, mate.
Speaker 2: Baby's coming. They don't hang around when the baby decides. They know best. All right, Adam, thank you very much. She have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thanks mate.
Speaker 2: Chis do you want to ask him if the mattress in the back was about the birth or just mattress in the back.
Speaker 1: Look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: While some of you were sleeping this city about four am, put on an amazing light show. Forget what Sydney Harbor Bridge does for you is eve. It was like that and it seems to be centered around the Yarra. Just our home, very unfortunate, our home for today's big show. For the longest a load of you are lined up, get one shot. Can I hit that tennis ball as far as you can? Can you hit it over the Yarra. I'll be heading down in about fifteen minutes time. It is still going ahead, end position right now, Jack Post, Good morning, Jack.
Speaker 13: Good morning Christian. I'm standing on the north bank of the Yarrow River and what is now a beautiful.
Speaker 2: Morning get in. No thunder, no lightning, no rain.
Speaker 13: Ay, still is anything here? The temperatures perfect, There's no wind, no thunder, no rain. The clouds are clearing, a blue sky above the Yarra.
Speaker 2: And can you see some of our very brave and courageous athletes warming up right now?
Speaker 13: Okay, I'm on the opposite side of the river to them, but I see well, actually no, they're all seated at the moment. Rio's got them sitting down.
Speaker 2: An interesting way to do it, briefing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but I mean this is a full setup, mate. They've got Park's Victoria police look in boats with flashing lights on the type making sure that nobody enters the sitting zone of the river. Then we've got an ancient looking fisherman in some kind of George boat, the thing they called jaws in and he's laying out the boomer.
Speaker 2: Was the old man in charge of that boat. And George, is that is that the boat the urine? Are you in with old man Clinton.
Speaker 3: For my life?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 13: No, I'm in a nifty little speedboat. Also that tiny that fishing boat. It looks like he's about to go out to see after this.
Speaker 2: It's going to go and catch boby deck.
Speaker 13: But it's all set. And the first thing I'll tell you is, seventy meters looks way further than what I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Really Yeah, because we've just been talking about and imagining it, we haven't been down at the hour of seeing how father is. So are you now changed? Do you think anything would actually be able to do it?
Speaker 13: It's going to take some proper whack of the ball to get it across the river and to the other side.
Speaker 2: So over the other side of the Hora to you is where Rio is positioned. Can you have you got visual on Rio?
Speaker 13: Yes, he's waving a tennis trucket in the air at me.
Speaker 2: An hour ago without thunder. Rio, can you see Jack?
Speaker 5: I can all the way in the distance, just a little speck, a little white speck across the yarrow. I can see Jack post it is so much further than I thought. I was actually pretty confident that we'd have someone hit it over, But once you're actually there. I'm standing now on the stage looking across the beautiful, murky yarrow. I'm looking at a big red target and an angel statue behind it, and it looks a mile away. I'm not I think we might have been a bit ambitious.
Speaker 2: So I mean, what do you think now? Maybe half the arrow?
Speaker 5: Half I think they'll get over half. I think they'll probably get I'll be very surprised if anyone gets to sixty five.
Speaker 2: Sixty five Okay, and you've seen the athlete. So are you with them? Are they're warming up or Jack said you had them sat down for briefing.
Speaker 5: Yes, I haven't looked, to be honest. There's a couple just sort of it's very casual vibes at the moment, just sitting down, taking their trackies off. One of them is rummaging through a bag, pongs on his phone. A couple of nervous paces just walking around, some joggers running past. But at the moment, yes, it's all very quiet and still amongst.
Speaker 2: The contestant tense nervous atmosphere.
Speaker 5: Would you say, definitely very tense, very nerve in, just very deathly quiet. All I can really hear is the come of the generator. But I haven't heard a word out of a single contestant yet.
Speaker 2: And also what would really help is you and Jack going no way is anyone doing this. It's great to have Tony Robbins kind of motivational pump up speeches down there from the team that no way nowhere, it's so far. Forget it, guys, it's do your best. It's going in the era.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Like I.
Speaker 5: I'm optimistic as always, but the realist in me, my brain is saying, this is going to take some sort of mind.
Speaker 2: All right, well I'll do it. Then I'll sticking a song when I come back. We'll get Jack moving in the speed boat where it's going to be. We're going to test everything out. Rie. I want you to get ready. Then after this song, you're going to fire off three shots over the yarraw see how far you can get.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'll be heading down to join all the athletes, so take their place along the yarra. I'll be joining Jack and Rio. You can hear what happens to the next hour on the show, we're going to find out how far can you hear tennis ball over the hora or into the era? Anything could happen. Jan A Sour on the show on our longest Server for grabs, whoever who does hit it the furtherest, whether they make sixty five or not, all the seventy, that is the getting it over the era. It's tickets to the Australian Open this weekend on the men's final. These are amazing tickets. They're VIP court side. All right, let's go to Jack right now, Jack, Christian.
Speaker 13: I'm in the water. I repeat, I'm in the war. Well, I'm in the boat. I'm not like I didn't think.
Speaker 2: If you SSC and all that. So you're in the boat. This is where Jack's going to be this morning as the balls get fired over the era and dropping into the era. Jack, of course you're going to be ferrying all the balls out. No balls are left behind on this show.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 13: I'm going to pull it with me so that I can scoop up the balls as we hit them. Rio's on the stage at the moment, ready to send a few test balls down.
Speaker 2: Rio, are you in position?
Speaker 5: I'm in position Christian, But I feel like I should warn you we've got some very slippery rackets. I spent that whole song trying to vigorously racket. We're going to see some rackets go into the river, I think because these hands, the handles are very slippery.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Jack, Jack, you've now got to fish out balls and rackets.
Speaker 13: I said I would get the balls out. I said nothing about fishing.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, and Jack, have you noticed yesterday Rhea was like, I'm going to go and fire a couple of big shots just to sort of get them going and motivated. Now he's moaning about a slippery shaft again.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: From where I you can see, it looks like a regular tennis tracker. I don't know why we would have given him an oily hand.
Speaker 2: Work, but the excuses are being layered on very thick right now, like slip stop all right, then, Rio, show us what you got. You can have three shots. When they're doing this for real in about ten minutes time, they only get one shot each. But Rio, let's see what you can do.
Speaker 5: All right, First hit coming, there's a there's a boat right in the middle of where I'm going to hit it, but we're going to try and avoid them.
Speaker 10: All.
Speaker 13: Right, here we go, old fisherman I was telling you about.
Speaker 2: I'll be careful. Okay, he's near the end as it is.
Speaker 13: Alright, Rio smacked it into the river. It's gone about forty five meters.
Speaker 5: Forty five.
Speaker 2: I think that's good for a first shot. Forty five.
Speaker 13: Now really send it.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, you already hit.
Speaker 2: It this time. Oh no, that's not going to That sounded like hit the edge.
Speaker 7: Of it very bad.
Speaker 13: That was about forty meters.
Speaker 2: So are the surveyors in position who are going to be measuring the distance.
Speaker 13: Yes, there are actual surveys in high vis. They've got their tripods set up on all three sides of the well. There's two sides of yeah.
Speaker 2: Say wow, we overnight the thunders already changed the shape. But it's a three sided river now.
Speaker 13: They got they got three points set up, and I, I don't know. We'll figure it out before you get here, but I don't know how they tell us what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was I was thinking that this would be where we would get this stuff moving, rather than do it when I get down there when it's showtime, guys. But again, it's all it's all going very very well. The microphones aren't working, which is why they're on the phones. Sure, we'll be faxing the show by the time I get down this morning. It'll be up on my space for you again. All right, Rao, third and final shots.
Speaker 13: Come on, send it, send It's good.
Speaker 5: That's better.
Speaker 13: That's fifty two meters.
Speaker 2: Fifty two meters? Wow, done, Jack, How do you know it's fifty two? Is that eyeballing it?
Speaker 13: That's eyeballing it from the boys.
Speaker 2: We can't be doing this, guys. Wait, wait, those surveyors up. What are they doing? Did they go an rdio already? Was it team break?
Speaker 13: They look?
Speaker 2: There will be What else are they doing?
Speaker 13: What should they hold up numbers like red Simons in? Yeah, I don't know how they give us the number.
Speaker 2: All right, we can work all this out. So Rio, your best score was fifty two meters.
Speaker 5: Great, yeah, good luck beating that.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm heading down. I'll see down there in a minute. A brighter.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I am on my phone about three minutes away from the Theater of Dreams. The yarra where we have all the athletes, all the competitors already lined up, ready to see how far can they hit a tennis.
Speaker 7: Ball over the yarra.
Speaker 2: Whoever hits at the oh my gosh, let's produce the Caitlin taking at corner. You would have felt a test that we are in a hondat Jazz. It is traveling like I've been kidnapped. To have to be honest.
Speaker 7: The biggest threat to my safety today isn't.
Speaker 2: From the thunder and lightning earlier. It's actually producer Caitlin's driving Eta Caitlin, how far out on our we are closing Jack and Rio one minute out? I think we've broken the soundbout. Let's let we start the Formula one a little bit earlier.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: We're not in Albert Park, Kann please get me there safely. But the S side of this song all the action will begin. There are fifteen of you lined up. We're going to find out who is winning the big tickets VIP court side to go through the Australian Open this weekend. It is the men's final. It's happening next.
Speaker 1: Book Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 15: For one hundred and nineteen years on the banks of the Yarrow River.
Speaker 8: The Australian Open has.
Speaker 15: Crowned the game's greatest champions.
Speaker 2: Begga is the new champion. Shari Is the Australian Open Champion.
Speaker 15: Hit massive serves and whacked winners on their way to glory in Melbourne, but none of them have ever hit it over.
Speaker 8: For the winner.
Speaker 15: Vip courtside tickets to the men's final at the Australian Open amazing, and now the time has come for fifteen brave challenges to take their shot at greatness.
Speaker 8: There are champions.
Speaker 7: I won the two Young Championship back to back.
Speaker 8: There are rookies.
Speaker 5: I'm not very good.
Speaker 7: They've never hit a tennis ball in moral life.
Speaker 8: And bodies that were built for this moment.
Speaker 2: I'm extremely tall.
Speaker 8: I've done the ten Melbourne Marathons.
Speaker 7: I've just got a new I okay Cateract surgery.
Speaker 8: Anyone can talk a big game.
Speaker 12: I reckon I've got a be at sixty sixty five me I mean, covering that tav meter is no problem every time.
Speaker 13: I have big confidence and I can hit the ball over the hour.
Speaker 8: But the time for talk is over.
Speaker 15: Who will smash their way into the men's final, and who will sink into the abyss of the Yarrah. Ladies and gentlemen, take your seats and turn up your radio. It's time for Christin O'Connell's longest So.
Speaker 2: The biggest question right now isn't just how far can our competitor tennis ball? Is can we get the show on air? I am now stood on the Theater of Dreams, the performance area, the stage, our own kind of mini rod Laver arena. We have the athletes. Are you ready? Tennis players, spectators are here. There's at least twenty two thousand people. Let anyone listening hear the huge crowd that have turned up to witness history. At least twenty two thousand of pear Jack. Are you in the boat at the safety boat fishing out the tennis balls on the era?
Speaker 3: Christian?
Speaker 7: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Oh? Hi Jack? Can you see me? Land Rio? Are you in position wave if you can hear me? Rio is behind the target, which does look like we've just ripped it down from a target store. It's the opposite side of the era. To me, it's seventy meters away. During the next forteen minutes, then we've got three different age groups, young guns, seniors, and veterans, all taking their turn. They get one shot to try and hit it over there. Seven to Perry. When I point over there, you move the camera the camera rather than just on me, to actually see the other side of the air. The weather conditions Jack right now, I'm surely agree there is hardly any win this morning. It is dry, it is still, it is perfect.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful day. The river is still, there is no wind, there are no excuses.
Speaker 2: Okay, up first morning, We're going to see how the young guns do. Young guns and eighty to thirty year olds up first with Aimon, who's twenty four redemption. We're calling you came dead last in your tennis tournament, Aimen. How are you, Redemption? How are you feeling? You're feeling confident.
Speaker 3: I feel I'm pretty confident. I think, oh, my preparation should hold me in good stead Yep.
Speaker 2: You've been peeking to this moment, my friend. You're the first one up. Are you nervous? No, not nervous. I hit my pr on the bench best yesterday, so I think, yeah, it should be good. And what was your personal best? What did you get? Forty killers? Forty kilos is your best. Okay, all right, then all right, big guy, off you go. Hemmersworth Redemption. He's the first one up. Let's give him a big cheer. Come on, Redemption, take your time to get one shot to go into history. It could be you their Sunday at the men's final. Good luck, Redemption. It's a huge one of massive hits. It looks to me it's about fifty five fifty seven, just eyeboiling it.
Speaker 3: My eyeballs, fifty seven meters I reckon that.
Speaker 2: Is okay, let's find out from the surveyors. They've got all the gear, they've got the tripod lined up, they're getting their eye in with thinking around fifty seven but a huge opening shot. They're from Redemption.
Speaker 3: The ball's being currently eaten by a squad.
Speaker 2: I'd like to say that what happened to you on the rapid response swat team at the moment your boat isn't moving?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm now I'm meant to wait until all competitive hit. Then I'll go clear.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was that?
Speaker 3: What do we got?
Speaker 9: What's us measuring? We are still calculating.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get the guns, but for now, big round balls there for redemption. Well done. Shoe shot coming up next. He's named after one of the greats, Stephan. Named after Stephan, Edinburgh, Edburgh, good luck, thank you. I'm hoping it and you're like one of the great so so how we go? Are you channeling the spirit of Stephan right now?
Speaker 3: He's on he used to wear so we're trying to give it a crash.
Speaker 2: All right, good luck? Okay, in your own time, Edinburgh, good luck. Fifty seven to beat high one. It's a high smash. It's dropping in and just missed the swans edging towards.
Speaker 3: Sixty sixty meters on the dart.
Speaker 2: Wow, done, big one from Edinburgh. Big round of pause, the top three one from each category, age group going too the Hitopa, my word, this is a big guy here, you John Crackintoe. You obviously the guy with you got the airboot on you. You are hitting with a broken toe, Yes I am, And he's still confident. Yes, sixty to beat or match as close as you can to at the moment, in your own time, John Crackintoe, off, you got good look, Thank you very much. Okay. This guy he's eighteen, he's jacked overhand overhead.
Speaker 3: Ye sixty sixty.
Speaker 2: That's over sixty huge shot round a boss of John cracking toe even with a broken toe, and Jack the first one to lob it overhand.
Speaker 3: Easily sixty five maybe sixty seven meters.
Speaker 2: There, Katelyn, one are the scores so far from those three hitters. Let's go to the judges.
Speaker 9: We have it fifty two fifty three, and that last one from crack and toe is sixty two.
Speaker 2: No one is cacking their toes, please, Katelyn, language on the radio. All right, who do we have that the guestinator step forward to the theater of dreams, our own rod Laver. How are you doing, budd Are you feeling confident? Good? Feeling all right?
Speaker 16: The first three shots are fantastic there, so we'll have a crack and see how we go.
Speaker 2: Christian all right at the moment. Then sixty two to beat to put you in pole position. Good luck. This is the gestinator. I forgo, sir, left handed. Oh, it's another huge shots happening today. High over to the left.
Speaker 3: It's lofty. It's easily our longest shot of the morning.
Speaker 2: Lofty, our best shot in the morning. We will find out big round of paus. Then for the guestinata. Well done, and finally, in this age bracket of the young Guns, we have no control one of our wild cards yesterday, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: How are you now?
Speaker 2: You've seen all the others. You said that in your tennis career you had no control. That is what you need to bring today.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't have a lot of faith, I will be honest, not a lot of faith.
Speaker 3: Control not my best suit. So hopefully it does help, but I don't know if it'll help me today.
Speaker 2: Just go out there and have fun. Hit it as hard as you can. Okay, good luck, Off you go. No control is our last one this age bracket of the young It's a great shot.
Speaker 3: She's hitting. You can tell, just like instructed under sixty.
Speaker 2: Well done, all right, Caitlyn one of the final schools. Then who is top shot in the young guns category?
Speaker 9: You're still waiting to here on the guestimator, he was seventy one, So seventy one.
Speaker 3: The whole thing with seventy.
Speaker 2: It's landed on Channel seven and the news team fifty just going on over. You take a breath, Okay, it's okay.
Speaker 9: The guestimator is the winner at the moment, that last one. We are still working on it, but it was less unfortunately, So the guestimator is the winner at the moment of the young dues.
Speaker 2: Okay, coming up next after the ass we got the news on the way with Patsy. When we come back, then we're going to have the seniors. Then we can have the vets. The top shot in each of the age groups. She just had the young guns goes forward once more to one final hit off. Seniors coming up next, and then the over sixty year old the vets everything to play for huge shots reopenedicted around about forty forty five. They've all gone way past that, so I am confident for next half an hour someone is going to clear the error. Stay where us she can find out.
Speaker 1: Next Christian no Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're at the hour of the srning for the longest serve. Then we're going to find out your next half an hour who's winning their way to the Australian Open and the men's Final. The way they have to do it is they have to hit a tennis ball as fas as it can over the yarraw. At the moment it's seventy meters from where I am in this purpose built sort of theater of dreams or I only own mini rod labor here. It's seventy meters to the other side where Rio is and waving to Rio right now. Obviously there's got his glasses on. The young Harry Potters waving at somebody else who's caught his eye down the river. That's me here in front of you. What is he is like a little tourist over there, isn't he? We've had sixty seven meters. I still can't believe in the first four hits we've had sixty seven meters. Jack.
Speaker 3: We're so close to someone actually clearing them the river, which is seventy meters long. We've actually closed down the river. No boat were allowed to pass the power of this. I just saw two people carrying a kayak along the shore, so I guess they got out in side my fifty meters down. Now they're going to walk past us and get back in the water again.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we've been doing this in age brackets. We've just had the young guns. The top one there goes Sudler hits off. The top one for each of the age goes through to a live hits off. Three of them together. So sixty seven meters from lewis the guestinator up now to the seniors, thirty to six year old Patsy, this is you and I, this is our groups of Patsy. Give them good luck. I'm hoping that one of them is gonna beat the sixty seven meters up first, she's had her cataracts done. Please welcome, Please welcome, pop Pye. Are you ready, Popeye? Yes, I am Christian, I think I am okay. So you got a massive right arm? Are you almost ready to try and show us that huge right arm and smash it sixty seven meters and beyond. I'll try Kristin all right, Susie aka Popeye? Good luck? Off you go, okay, Susie s thanks arm. It's a cautious start. It's it. It's out, go to high hits sense or the racket in the sweet spot. Just I reckon that was around fifty there round the balls then for Popeye forty five to fifty, forty five to fifty, nice and generous there, Thank you, Jack, they're here. This guy looks serious. Pong, you are primed being coiled like a cobra for the last twenty minutes. John Are you ready. I'm very ready. Let's do it. Okay, ffty five, he's playing for US fifty something's good luck, Palm off you go, John over sixty seven. But you in the lead, like, looks good shooting run up really high.
Speaker 3: Six fifty seven to sixty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tough luck there part. He shook his head. There he's disappointed. Let's get our second. Lefty having a go today, Patrick, Good morning, good luck, Lefty.
Speaker 3: Thank you, mister Coo. You're the big coo, you know, commanding Officer Christian Kran.
Speaker 2: Something like that Batch. Yes, and you're the guy who's best friends with Rod Lavor.
Speaker 3: My dad was a friend.
Speaker 2: We haven't got time for it. Okay, busy, busy show today, long story long with Patrick. All right, Lefty, off you go, good luck my friend.
Speaker 10: It's tennis time.
Speaker 3: Oh he's gone for a big run.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, it's high over to the left. I think that might be sixty five.
Speaker 3: I reckon, we go between sixty five and seventy there.
Speaker 2: Wow, Lefty, well done. Dave hot shot is up next. Was a tennis coach for ten years. Now install lifts. Let's find out whether he can go to the penthouse. Love that Christian thank you. Stet up late last night working at Jane. All right, yeah, hot shot, Dave, good luck, thank you very much. How are you feeling you've seen so far? Sixty seven to beat? Nervous, very nervous. Come on, channel that release it through the racket. Do it, hot shot, be the hot shot, Come on overhand, Stash. It's the biggest one on the boy.
Speaker 3: It's almost there, dropped short of the opposite base.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, hot Shot. He came, he saw he shot. What a beast. Suspend an emotional morning, guys, hot shot. Here he is perco Achilles been playing tennis for years. You smashed your Achilles port guy a couple of months ago. That is right. Yes, How are you able to even take a run up or anything? How are you going to go?
Speaker 3: I feel like this is my redemption moment of anger to take out.
Speaker 2: Now, go and release it through the racket like Hotshot just did. Good luck to Achilles tour is Achilles two months ago. Let's see if he can use that energy. It's your chance. Take it. It's a huge one. You heard that release of the anger.
Speaker 3: Biggest grunt we've had so far, sixty five meters.
Speaker 2: I think that was more about of him posting on that bad Achilles actually looked like he was in pain. There, Well done, Barco our last one in the seniors here he is. It's Smoky. We had a lot of chat for this guy. It's about that elite tennis school. You have a jack box Hill high.
Speaker 3: Yes, the tenth best tennis player at the school.
Speaker 2: I remember. It felt like a new christ Lity character. He is a wild card Steve aka Smoky good luck Buddy sixty nine around to me, Thanks Christian, good luck. Off you go, Buddy, Smoky, smoke it.
Speaker 10: Here we go. Last one playing in the seniors.
Speaker 2: It's a huge one. Oh my god, imst tips and fell in the river. We're not Jackie's Jackie's not getting you out. What was that one?
Speaker 3: Jack Well sixty seven sixty eight meters.
Speaker 2: Seven sixty eight? Okay, so it's close between what Lefty and Smoky? There about who be going through the big final.
Speaker 3: We'll have to go to the official numbers during the song.
Speaker 2: Okay, that should take it. Then about sixteen hours after these ads, then we're back with the vets here on gold, just the longest serve.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, good mornings to Christian O'Connell Chevy Kagan Institute. Are right on the edge of the yar of this morning for our Longer Serve. We have of our sixty seven thousand spectators have turned up here. Really, the AO are furious. We're putting the crowd away from Rod Laver and all the action. Late on this morning, everyone is talking in town about the new sport that's in town is called the Longer Serve. The reason why we're here is to find out can you want to hit a tennis ball over the era? So we've got three age groups we're inkle. The final one is the sixteen over. It's the vets before that. Let's just tell you how they're doing. At the moment. Jack is in the safety boat. All the balls that drop into the hour articles plucked out immediately. Jack, you've been a serp to you are now Eye Candy.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right. I am in a different boat that doesn't collect the tennis balls. We just look after the boys and they just they're anchored to the bottom. So I don't really know what we're doing in this boat.
Speaker 2: When has this happened? I thought you were I thought you were the guy getting the balls out. That's why you're there, so, you know, just maintaining the river, Yes, is that a full time job. It's londy to see you. It's lod to see you again.
Speaker 3: The boat that collects the balls have drift too far from the shore and the microphone can't be particular from that far, so you can either choose if you want to hear me or not hear me, and I'll go and collect the balls.
Speaker 2: Well, let's not ever have that terrible Sophie's joints on it. Okay, we haven't got time all right. Now, here's where we are at the moment. So the leading hitter in each of the a's groups, they're all going to go up against each other for the hits off in about five minutes time. Here we are at the moment. Then from the young guns, it's Lewis with a huge sixty seven meters just three shy of clear in the air at seventy But then here we are in the lead at the moment, hot shot thirty nine year old Dave, he's here with his beautiful two daughters who are two and five, has cleared seventy one meters, which actually takes the is the width of the arra, but obviously he was quite far back on this little stage we got.
Speaker 3: You guys are a couple of meters off that they're.
Speaker 2: Terrified of dropping into that whole mankey oldiarra, and don't about fishing. They might if you fall in you you go get out yourself. All right, it's time for the vets. Vets? Are you ready? Have you had your jobs? Are you COVID free? Come on here we go? All right? Up first, then this guy is brimming with cod liver oil. He's chuicing heavily. It is Spartan. Goth is sixty one. He's done. He's done the Melbourne mouthing ten times. Isn't this amazing? He looks the best in shape here, Goth Spartan. Are you ready the Spartan spirit? That's what we need now? You need to beat seventy one meters or match sixty seven to go into the final. Okay, yeah, very ready.
Speaker 17: Kristin Dedmorrow five K war my brand this morning, So are ready to rock and roll? I reckon, we're going to get further than these youngsters.
Speaker 2: We'll give it a go. I'm not even joking. You really have done a five K warm up.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, just five k's round yeah along the river this morning.
Speaker 2: Just that's just a warm up. That's just a warm Okay, Spartan in your time. Give Spartan around the balls and all the vets. You're about to hit now for glory, good luck.
Speaker 10: Sixty one your old Spartan.
Speaker 2: He hits. It's a huge height shot. Wow. Wait he's in the physio tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's on sixty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just over sixty meters. Well done, Spartan. A big shot up next ten it is Kim cyclops and a kickbox of good morning, good morning. Are you ready to hit Kim?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I have my coffee warm up?
Speaker 2: All right, good luck. What do you think you're gonna do over sixty all the way?
Speaker 3: I hope to do all the way, but no, I think I'll just give it my best.
Speaker 2: If you go, good luck to Cyclops, which is sixty Twell you're old Kim.
Speaker 3: How does then you? I look from up close.
Speaker 2: Crystal clear, make she looked into my soul, she saw my death. It ain't pretty. Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa the most beautiful and poised shot. We needn't be rude and concern ourselves with the distance on that one thirty It went round the planet and came back round Jack, okays, what we're gonna chot that one up to? Okay, when we get that eye, you'd either I cleaned out a Bitu's here. It's like he stepped up from behind a bar at the RSL. It's our friend, Mojo cam good morning are you? I'm so good now? You won the Couyoon Classic in the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: Yes, pretty much built.
Speaker 2: Couon with his hands. It's so father, So I'm gonna have a crack. Oh well, so the yeah winner former glory, this one winner of the Kung Classic two years in a row. Mojo. Let's find you Mojo this morning. I can fill it's already there. Good luck, show us how it used to be done back in the eighteen hundreds. Exactly, Thank you if you go along to this guy Mojo.
Speaker 3: Here didn't have too many warm ups.
Speaker 2: Woh, it's another monster one and almost took Rio's head off there. We're a bit of a daisy cutter for that one, but a huge one.
Speaker 3: At forty two meters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not got on there. Just add us here at the end for blitness. But spect your elders. Jat up. Now we have mister seventy, recently turned seventy. Doesn't look it? You look very very good, Trevor. Good luck. How are you feeling, sir? The last up this morning? I'm fired up? Man up, good luck, Trevor. Off you go, mister seventy, show us you still got it.
Speaker 3: You can hear he's fired up in his voice.
Speaker 2: He's saving his energy. Check. Come on now, don'd be like that. Come on, mister seventy, he's got seventy. It's a stage head. Wow, done at all? Just nudging kissing sixty?
Speaker 3: Do we reckon shive sixty fifty eight to fifty seven millions?
Speaker 2: All right? So in that catching you, there's going to producicating who is the leading hot shot who goes into the live hit off next.
Speaker 9: Alrighty, we are just waiting for Trevor's and he's fifty five. So that means that Spartan has hit fifty nine meters and he's in the final.
Speaker 2: Getting Spartan hits for glory. He's going into the big Grand Final in five minutes time. This is going to be a clash of the Titans. Forget Federer and Nadel, It's all about Dave Hotshot who did seventy one. It's about Lewis the guestimator, who hits sixty seven. And then it's what did you get to get in to fire? What DIDs Spartan do?
Speaker 3: Spartan did fifty nine meters?
Speaker 2: Well, we Spartan. It was always meant to be. He's going to be their representing the events go nowhere. We're going to find out who is the winner in the longest serve in the next five minutes. Here on Gold one I four point three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 8: For one hundred and nineteen years.
Speaker 15: On the banks of the Yarrow River, the Australian Open has crowned the game's greatest champions.
Speaker 2: Begger is the new champion, Sparty, It's the Australian Open Champions.
Speaker 15: They've all hit massive serves and whacked winners on their way to glory in Melbourne, but none of them have ever hit it over. But the time for talk is over. Only the biggest hitters remain. A champion is about to be crowned. It's time for the Grand final of Christian O'Connell's Longest So.
Speaker 2: Of the heats are over there have been some big, big hits, nonstopic hits. Today on our first ever longest serve up for grabs tickets to the men's final this weekend in the Australian Open. The challenge is how far can you hit the tennis ball over the hour? It's seventy meters, So we've been doing it in three age groups. We've had the young guns, the top shot there step forward in a minute, the guestimator Lewis hit it a massive sixty seven meters. Can you believe that, Jacky?
Speaker 3: I can because I was here, Sorry, I saw it.
Speaker 2: Saw it. In the seniors we had hot shot days seventy one meters and then representing the over sixties spartan who actually did a five k warm up rum before hitting a fifty nine. So the top hot shot on each of the age groups about to hit for one more time. We're about to find our winner who's going into the Australia Open, the men's final this weekend. Okay, Jack, because we've had that boat that essentially he's been mainly taking selfies.
Speaker 3: Here and it's usually a commercial fishing boat, he said, is it yeah? But then just dropping the boys the markers here today.
Speaker 2: To make sure that we use all the available thing resources we've had here. When we find the winner, I'm going to let them come down to that boat, get them to the victory left victory. Yeah, okay, because this is what one of these heroes deserves. Are we ready to find out who's winning tickets to the men's final this weekend? Okay? At first, good luck? He's hitting again. In his first hit, he was actually first up. Have everyone this morning? Did a huge sixty seven meters. The guestimator Lewis, good luck. You're playing for tickets now? One and three chants of off to the men's final. Good luck, Christian, Thank you very much. Are the tickets yours? Have you got it? Hotshots on the seventy meters? So I'll have to give it everything, I think, but we'll see how we go. All right, big round applause. Then for the gastinator heating for the tickets. Good luck.
Speaker 3: We'd love to see a bounce on the other side of the river. He's small, it's huge.
Speaker 2: It's hi strong confidence, like an arrow piercing through the sky over the era two meters short of the Oh my gosh, so what do you reckon? Jack? Roughly, but it maybe sixty eight big one. It could be yours well down the gastinator. He's still mostly get a bit further than sixty seven. I reckon, which is great. Up now here he is, he came from nowhere. Suddenly all eyes TUPAC recording him. All eyes are on Dave, Hot shot, Dave, everyone's looking at you. You did a huge seventy one. You're in the lead at the moment. But it's all about this, my friend. Can you do it?
Speaker 16: It all comes down to now, and I'm still nervous because one mishit it's all over.
Speaker 2: Why would you even mention miss hits? Come on, now you've got this, okay. Your family are here, your daughters are here, your wife's here. Let's do it. Come on, hot Shot, Come.
Speaker 3: On, Dave.
Speaker 2: I get a feeling you are the winner. Come on.
Speaker 3: He's going for another overhand serve. Everyone else is going for the underarm smash, smashed it shot in the morning. Oh shoot, it's gonna be half a meter short.
Speaker 2: Of the nag. Wow. That could be our winner. Now to match or beat that, we go to our senior here, our spartan who to get into the vinyl hit fifty nine meters. Anything could happen, Garth. He's just another three k cheeky warm up in between that, yes, said he did. Do you want to keep warm?
Speaker 17: Keep our arm going nicely? Well, give it another guy. There was a massive hit from hotshot back. Look, you never know, you.
Speaker 2: Never know, my friend, Spartan spirit, good luck, Spartan, Garth, off you go, my friend hit for glory. Give it your best shot, huge run up, bloody. Now he's back in creaming.
Speaker 3: But it's the worst show we've had all the jack come on, the most powerful one.
Speaker 2: Shame on, Newst.
Speaker 3: I don't want a sad way to finish.
Speaker 2: No, no, he came, he sorry, trickle Spartan. I blame the five k warm up. My friend running too much warm. His legs were tired out with the run out there.
Speaker 3: Oh I won't have to collect that boy. You can just reach it and get it.
Speaker 2: All right, we have a winner, the scores and the doors. Then let's go in reverse orders, so go straight to Spartan.
Speaker 9: We got thirty two meters.
Speaker 2: A huge thir a huge shot. Don't they don't get the details? All right? Sitting strong in second place.
Speaker 9: We have hot Shot at seventy two meters.
Speaker 2: Ye, winning this morning is.
Speaker 9: Hot shot at seventy two meters. The scene is one.
Speaker 2: Why not hot shot come in, come on? Oh yes, our champion this morning he came, he saw two huge hits. He cleared the Yarrow hot Shots Our new champ. Their dad did this that. Your kids are yeah yeah, one of them is clapping. One of was you win the VIP tickets? Then you and the missus coming Dave. I'm not sure yet. Hell yeah, we'll discuss. Been here all morning looking after a two year old and a five year old. They change when they get glory. You see this all the time with the great so kids are running on. He's probably already moving on. Family sad things that mum's are getting the feeling mums done this for the guilt shot? Why not VIP courseide tickets. Our winner this morning of the first ever longer sub is a very deserving Dave from the seniors. The seniors have still got it. Well done, Dave and family enjoyed the big day Sunday. Dave, what do you want to say? You are the winner?
Speaker 16: Thanks to everyone that's put this on. Christian O'Connell show and gold One o four point three and Jack for doing nothing out there on the boat.
Speaker 3: So congratulates.
Speaker 2: I can hear.
Speaker 16: Sorry Jack, very everyone else is coming out and competing, so world, don't everyone, I.
Speaker 2: Don't ever want. Thank you very much, Evan, he has come down this morning. Rangers.
Speaker 3: One idea. I know we're already running late, but he was so close to clearing the river. Do we give him one more hit and if he makes it, you're.
Speaker 2: Talking about spotting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, push him in the river. Give hot shot one more gets he is.
Speaker 2: He's the people's champion. Dave's wife just said you can walk home. He might need to take that boat all the way home. Jack, all right, one will go from a hot shot clear. This one's just for fun everything. Come on, hot shot, another big overhand one.
Speaker 3: It's it's huge, it's huge.
Speaker 2: Sixty nine goes to seven, he goes to seventy plus. This guy really is hot shot. A new king is born crowned right here. This is incredible. You did it twice day. What a star. All right, thank you very much every who's made this happen. Today, we're back with a time waster after.
Speaker 1: This Christian no Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna do the time waste. So now today's time wastter. We're asking you to make a movie longer. Up for grabs are the best in show. We have a spinal ease pillow. So make a movie longer. Dr No, a great movie, but it's quite a short movie. Dodor asked me again in a few hours. Sorry, the henicopter really drove the punchline. It's hard to hear there with that one. Godfather's a good movie, but it's only short of three hours. A little bit longer, longer Godfather, that's right, the god further, Boogie Knights. It's only the one night. Of course, Boogie Fortnight's silver plus fourteen times longer. Grand Dog Day. That's a long old day, isn't it. But make it longer, Grandhog Month. Oh, helicopter just circling back around again. I love the movie You've Got Mail? Do you like that movie? Jack? What a beautiful right movie? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Wake it longer. You've got tons of mail. Get down there, it's been there for weeks. What's going on? And driving miss Daisy? Slowly, slowly, slowly walking miss Daisy.
Speaker 3: We had a lot on today.
Speaker 2: It was like a motivo or something playing with the frequency to my microphone. There will he interfering with the reception of these jack Make a movie longer, Yes, Christy, are you staying in that boat bled up next to me? We're chatting to each other on microphone.
Speaker 3: I thought we were giving the winner a lap of honesty.
Speaker 2: You've got to see him, Patsy. This guy, if he can sit on anything to be ferried around, he will. He's just sat in this boat moored up here. Longer movies, longer movies.
Speaker 3: Eric Benner was great in the dry longer movies. The watching paint dry?
Speaker 2: Was that submarine coming through or something? A nicolo submarine? That's a silver plus.
Speaker 3: Everybody's talking about this new movie Saltburn.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, aren't they for me?
Speaker 3: It was a slow burn.
Speaker 2: And I like that. That's a goal well done.
Speaker 3: When a stranger calls great horror film, But make it longer. When a mother called it while.
Speaker 2: Told us about the neighbors, mum and people we don't even know. Gold plus.
Speaker 3: I'll actually finish there.
Speaker 2: Oh he can edit. This is exciting this year? All right? What have you got there? Make a movie longer, spices up spine, noise, They don't play this songealking. Joe's a bit rude. Don't to rush us off to day that the oscars spial He's a fellow up for grabs texting.
Speaker 3: One four seven five three.
Speaker 2: That's the phone number. The helicopters really interfering my reception in my head today. God further, you know, because it's longer all right, Spidey's pillow just asking to make a movie longer as gold.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's mark your time wastes Now, Jack and I are stilled down at the yarraw. We've been hosting the longest serve. Today we found out someone could actually clear the yarraw. There were some big shots won by Dave in the Senior Countries. Thirty nine year old did three shots sixty nine, seventy one, then a huge seventy nine.
Speaker 3: Everything right over there, Christian, can't remember your laptop password?
Speaker 2: No logging here here, Jackie, where you go to this small child's laptop? They'd let me hear under this beautiful anacondic gazebo, where, of course all radio shows dreams to be broadcasting from. Is it me, Jack? What losch is about? Attempt of the yarrow anymoment.
Speaker 3: He's also baby size because why you ducking under.
Speaker 2: Then it's so lowack? All right, okay, so make a movie longer. You ready to mark on your private launch there, Jack, let's go all right. There's something about Mary Kate John and Fred Silver not the expendables, the extendables and Chris Week at Bernie's Silver. That's from Storm the Week of the Jackal instead of a day of the jack Alls the Week Bronze. I know he did last Summer, Autumn, Winter and spring from Rachel Silver. Make the Greatest show Man even longer. For Hugh Jackman, the greatest slow Man Gold he just doing those tapnots and routines. The eighteen that was a great TV showing a great movie. Of course, what about the eights No headicopter's flying overhead where Brewster is sleepless in Adelaide, I come on in spare instead of the movie, speed, slow it down, make it longer, speed bumps, God, God coming here. It's a thirty long here, murder on the audience stopping at all stations. All right, Jack, who is best in show? Who's winning the tickets?
Speaker 3: Let's give it to that last one on the orient stopping all stations.
Speaker 2: I was about to give way another pair of tickets and I've gone to auto DJ would got PTSD.
Speaker 3: Now they give away a pillow.
Speaker 2: He won tickets to the pillow this weekend. All right, thank you very much. Everybody made it work down here at the Yarra. It's a beautiful day now. I'm just coming out under this dangerous gazeba that I've been hiding under there, Jack, how are you on the on the launch over there?
Speaker 3: Should I give our winner the lap of honor? Yes?
Speaker 2: I think we've got this boat here. I think if we bring hot shot Dave, who's our winning this morning, he can have a victory lap on this boat that Jack's been on, apparently fishing boards out of the yarraw quickly.
Speaker 3: You can't really do a lap on a river, though, to say, he goes from one end to the other. So we'll, you know, go all the way to the ocean, won't we?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, then an ocean trip and back to Philip for our winner.
Speaker 3: I'll see you later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, this looks incredibly dangerous. Off Dave doesn't want to do the kid on the boat. It looks incredable Poor Dave looks that he's been led like a hostage. He doesn't want to do the U thought I already won. What am I doing?
Speaker 3: Why do I have to go on a boat?
Speaker 2: Jack wants to take you for a spin on his latest Tesla boat. Yeah yeah, yeah, Hop on board there, Dave, keep it safe of course.
Speaker 3: No it's not the speedboat, but the captain of this vessel said, this thing goes a little bit faster than that speedboat.
Speaker 2: Mate. All right, Dave, Wow, he's won the tickets to the Australia and the men's final, but really the big prize is to go into this metallic old tiney for a strange and not unnecessary really Tree Lapp and he's in the bike in the boats as we wave a well done to hot Shot, the winner of the first ever longest serve. Bye bye from the Yarra Back to you Hockey in the studio. We're back to Bye bye, Carl.
Speaker 1: You're listening to The Christian Okyl's Show podcast.