Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian No Common Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Last two shows, some offs, then we're on finn Ay two week break in two days time, finally heading back to see my mom and dad after three long years. It's amazing really, so many birthdays, so many moments you've missed out on, but amazing that we're able to fly me reunited with relatives, whether I saw interstate now or different countries. So yeah, I am so excited. I refuse to get really excited until the plane actually lands, because that's just the way it's been. You can't actually believe I'm actually going to get on there and land in London, then go and.
Speaker 3: See my mom and dad.
Speaker 2: And I'm literally going to go into the kitchen to see my mom and she's still got the same kettle from when we're king. It's this knackled old kettle. So many times I said I'll get you a new one, She's like, no, no, no, I don't remind me of making cups of tea for you for when you were a kid. So yeah, I cannot wait to go back. I love life here is this is home, but it is kind of that'll always be that always be home as well.
Speaker 3: I've got I've very lucky. I've got two homes.
Speaker 2: So anyway, when I go back Saturday, right seeing a lot of family and obviously they're going to go you know, what's Australia been like? You know, and I've only been back once since almost moving here.
Speaker 3: Four years ago. So I want to take some stuff back.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm going to be seeing my sister and her four sons, you know, my mom and dad, and I want to show them the very best of Australia. So in my suitcase, I want to take some Australian wanders back with me.
Speaker 3: He's coming from the this is good with his suitcase full of wonder, with a.
Speaker 2: Suitcase one days come from the land of down Under with his suitcase full of wonder altogether. Now he's coming, Yeah, suitcase suitcase. I'm going to be playing this from my phone as I will walk off the plane early hours of Saturn Sunday morning.
Speaker 3: Be proud.
Speaker 4: This is torture with this suit case for love wonder.
Speaker 2: And the question is what is in that suitcase of wonder? What is in the suitcase of wonder? What showcase is the very best of Australia?
Speaker 3: What should I have in there? Rio, give me one item.
Speaker 4: Chicken salt to chicken salt. We've got very we have it there, okay, not chi can salt.
Speaker 3: Patsy forget what plates.
Speaker 2: Actually that's the same sort of service would have got from Jackie Boy, who you wom with a seat so well done?
Speaker 3: You need to eat Swanston straight where they've got all those souvenir shops and get some of those boomerangs with the pint pinte.
Speaker 4: What that's not that's worse than chick.
Speaker 3: That's not.
Speaker 2: Oh Christian, what when he shows the rich diversity, what about a hat with corks on it?
Speaker 3: Says? Good? I cop I'm not doing that, know how whatsoever.
Speaker 2: No, I'm asking This is why we need to ask them. Nine four one four one oh four three. You'll be more help today. What is going in that suitcase of wonder? Suitcase of wonder?
Speaker 3: I know a song about that.
Speaker 4: He's coming from the lond Under.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 2: I'm no bad from down under with his suitcase for love one all right, I wonder what's in the suitcase?
Speaker 3: A gimmy d because rubbish and rio crap from patch. I'm oh guys well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So heading back to Britain, back to London two days time, after three years. I want to take in my suitcase some stuff that shows my family the very best of Australia.
Speaker 3: What should be in there? Nine four one four one o four.
Speaker 2: Three Christian one about some fine Australian red wines. Yes, I will be loading up with those. That's just to get me to the airport. So let's go to Tony.
Speaker 5: Good morning, How are you, Christian?
Speaker 3: I'm good, big tea. What should I what should I take back?
Speaker 5: Definitely?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you know what that is? A good idea? Actually? Yeah?
Speaker 5: A red one? Yeah, traditional color?
Speaker 3: Yeah, normally yellow ones? No, not the yellow one, gotcha. I might do this.
Speaker 2: Actually because over stubby with my sister down at a farm and share her four boys are all big old farm lads, so I might actually introduce them to the finer arts of Ossie rules.
Speaker 3: I think they'd like that, actually, Tony, great idea, Thank you very much? You cool? No, thank you, bye, Kathy. Let's just wait here as long as we can. Hello. Yeah there you blink first, Kathy?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 7: How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Kathy? Yes? And what should I take back?
Speaker 7: Well? We go over season a regular basis and we've done the crappy near sevenir shops a little klo.
Speaker 3: You might have seen Patsy down loading up.
Speaker 7: Oh damn it. But what we've done and every time we go back they've got pride of place in all of our willows homes is. We go down to Dick Market and there's a couple of people there that do the most amazing photos of Melbourne in and around Melbourne, and they're about a four they're already mounted and we pick up those the notion needed to put into your suitcase. We've also got. They're absolutely stunning and our willows love them.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a great idea, Cathy, thank you very much for that one.
Speaker 7: Okay, take care, have fun.
Speaker 3: I will thank you.
Speaker 2: Uh, your generation don't care for photos.
Speaker 3: Take a tech top? Should I? Tony Tony's back?
Speaker 5: No, this is the Tony, not the.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Because you'll be seeing your parents and they've got that lovely family long lived teapot. Yeah, get them a set of silver teaspoons with locations on the top, you know, the collected teaspoons.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know about these box it genuine My mum loves teaspoons and teatowels.
Speaker 3: Anything for the teaspoons.
Speaker 5: Teaspoons.
Speaker 4: You can take teatowls you love from work. Remember you stole a bunch of teatawl bring.
Speaker 2: Them back the color. Hey, if you want a long career here you keep quiet? Sorry about this, Tony, No, tea spoons are real. Yeah, Tony, that's a great idea. I go get some after the show.
Speaker 6: Perfect.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Tony was the original Tony by the way, tone Look, get your tea spoon on. Maybe we should make some special for the fourth anniversary of the show in anniversary tea spoons.
Speaker 3: You know that would make me proud of as an Englishman.
Speaker 2: That if anyone could make a special what they call it ememorative tea spoon. Yes, for four years of the show in June. Should we still be employed by then, let's mark that miracle giving away tea spoots Michael Hi Christian and Mickey Boy. Okay, what should I take back?
Speaker 3: Hang on? Let me play the song suitcase for the Wonder guys?
Speaker 2: This suitcase, Michael, what's in that suitcase of wonder?
Speaker 3: My friend?
Speaker 5: How about a showbag from the show Scared.
Speaker 7: They're a uniquely Aurelian product.
Speaker 2: It's just better than the Oscars bag, isn't it, of all those multimillion dollar.
Speaker 3: Prices, A good old show bag? You're right?
Speaker 4: Which one Michael Bertie Beetle, Oh.
Speaker 5: I mean Bertie Beadle probably is the most famous one here.
Speaker 1: But my work the showbag dot come to AU and we don't sell that one.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, listen, Melbourne, what a great way to.
Speaker 2: Christian take one of my fall live trucks back faultless of Melbourne dot com?
Speaker 3: DoD Are you very sneaky? Michael has off of that? All right? So here's what I already do know.
Speaker 2: So keep the cools coming with your various ideas like special teaspoons net. But the real big thing I will be loading up on because I think there's some awesome ones here is sweets.
Speaker 3: Where do you begin thinking?
Speaker 5: What ones are you taking?
Speaker 3: But that's a question. I mean that's how radio works.
Speaker 4: Well, Tin Tams obviously, yeah, because they're foreign to the British people. We have the penguin, which is infurior.
Speaker 3: I have to say on that, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I do think that Tim Tam is better actually, so I will take back some Tim Tams. But again, what flavor there's about eight hundred different flames.
Speaker 7: Oh you could have got the double chalk.
Speaker 2: Yeah else yeah, okay, so double chalk. What are the chocolates and sweets? I'm going to take that. You know I love my Wittakers chocolates as well.
Speaker 3: They are so good. That coconut, that one is a winner.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jody, thank you very much your text, Christian Violet Crumble. I already got some of that. I got some of the other day. Can't beat Violet Crumble. And thank you Jody for addressing your text the right way. Suitcase of wonder? Wonder you say, I know a song about that.
Speaker 4: He's from then Under.
Speaker 2: It's coming from the landown under with his suitcase for wonder. What is in that suitcase of wonder? To show the very best of this fine great Southern land. I just heard Rio very politely but firmly, tell a man we'd run out of time.
Speaker 3: Oven gloves, gloves, gloves. Pommy has been boning their hands for generations.
Speaker 2: I wish someone would bring us some ovengloves. Sherry, Sherry, good morning, good morning, How are you good?
Speaker 3: Sherry? Is it oven gloves?
Speaker 6: No? Teter like pajamas.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my wife and kids love those.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'll get some an original Tim Tams, because you do have to show how inferior the penguin is.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's a bit of a tone. What there always is.
Speaker 5: Comes from Manchester.
Speaker 2: Manchester, you always ready to kick off, you loot.
Speaker 3: And Peter and his and the pajamas is a great idea.
Speaker 5: They love them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the only thing is then go in that store. What's that sickly smell? It's the vanilla is gorgeous. No, no, they you're.
Speaker 2: On purpose because it's like catnet for ladies, but for man for man.
Speaker 3: What a man man? Oh man, you're weakening my manness.
Speaker 1: My balls will drop off.
Speaker 3: Pajamas let's go too too much?
Speaker 2: Sorry guys, since my birthday, little bit giddy. Just the lack of love that the team.
Speaker 3: Bloody cord guy Marta, Donna, Good morning Donna, Hi Donna. And what should be in that suitcase of wonder?
Speaker 6: Anything from Darryl Lee. Daryl Lee Chocolates are Australian owned business and they are the best.
Speaker 3: Agree, Yeah, gorgeous chokers? Which one should I go? For?
Speaker 6: All of them?
Speaker 3: Any limits of the wheat bankers? You need the.
Speaker 5: Peanut brittle, that.
Speaker 6: The chocolate coated licoricea grape. But there's also a factory outlet down in roval a.
Speaker 4: Factory outlet for chocolate.
Speaker 6: Come on, yes, have a big chocolate outlet down at roval On, Morlington Row.
Speaker 2: Enough factory outlet work, I'll get absolutely have gloves.
Speaker 3: All right, Donna, thank you very much, she called Kerry. Good morning, Kerry Christen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, so what you're going to be taking over is Milo.
Speaker 3: Good idea Milo in England, but we have a hot chocolate equivalent. This is.
Speaker 7: Get how to eat bananas and how you use it?
Speaker 3: Take that back, won't.
Speaker 5: Everyone takes it with milk, but my best way is to sprinkle it over vanilla ice cream and then mix it in till it's all.
Speaker 3: Love that that's a great idea. I will. I will do that and that's what I do with it. Kerry, thank you very much for tips. You're welcome anyone calling through about nothing.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question of Carl Show podcast