Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Hi, welcome to Life on Cut and Ask Uncut edition. It's our favorite little edition of the week.
Speaker 1: I'm Brittany and I'm Laura. Britt Why don't you just let everyone know the song you were just singing?
Speaker 2: I just made it up on the spot, Laura said. Laura said, I'm so tired, and I was like, well, let's get some big lurk energy, get some big energy or something that's worse than what it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So this is our very uplifting podcast with some big dick energy thanks to Brittany.
Speaker 2: Do you know I've never heard that term big dick energy until you said it in one of our pots. Did you actually coin the term or is it a term?
Speaker 1: I can't take credit for it, although I would lie to because it is such a good saying. You know what big dick energy is, right, I No, I had never heard of it. I've just rolled with it, pretending on you.
Speaker 3: But well, for.
Speaker 1: Anyone who doesn't know, it is when a man walks in a room and you're like, hmm, that man has got something, some aura about him, and it's because he has the aura of a man with a big dick.
Speaker 2: Oh see, I would have just called that swagger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly what it is. Some swagger.
Speaker 2: Baby better because it's not a swear word.
Speaker 1: I know. I feel like we' first started this podcast with a really this is a really crass intro.
Speaker 2: I thin we're gonna have to take the song out. Sorry about that, guys. Anyway, Britt, how's your weet been so far?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: I have just eaten my way through the week. To be honest, I'm carrying a little bit of weight this week.
Speaker 1: This is just Isolation's been good to your honey.
Speaker 2: I'm car bloating. I'm getting ready to hibernate through the winter, and I feel like I can't well. I hope I'm not the only one.
Speaker 1: No, we were talking about this on the way to the podcast studio. I haven't been eating my way through isolation. I've been drinking my way through isolation. Matt even said to me yesterday. He was like, Laura, I think we need to talk. You've been drinking wine every single day and I'm like, it's just one or two glasses, Like it's fine, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: What do we need to talk about it?
Speaker 1: I was like, what's your problems? What's the point is it? Because we're running out of wine. We should go go get more.
Speaker 2: Don't want bottles still open and put an express order in there.
Speaker 1: Coming Oh anyway, it's because I get to dinner time and I'm cooking dinner, and then and now it's.
Speaker 3: Just become a little ritual.
Speaker 1: I open a bottle of wine, I pour myself a glass, and I have my glass of win wine cooking. Guys, I'm not an alcoholic. I honestly I have having two glasses of wine. But I know that even two glasses of wine a day is probably a bit excessive.
Speaker 2: Well, the benefit of not isolating with a partner aka me, is that no one polices my drinking, so I don't necessarily stop it too.
Speaker 1: When I endorsing this or encourage this. But you know what it's got as good so far. Do you know what gets me through?
Speaker 2: I put a splash.
Speaker 3: So you're a big dig energy song, it's.
Speaker 2: Not that, but I put a splash in like whatever I'm cooking that I'm like, I'm cooking with the wine. I'm drinking it. Bit of wine for the pasta bit of wine.
Speaker 1: Well, otherwise it's gonna go off and then you're just gonna have vinegar so you just really it's saving and in these crisis times, we can't have any waste, can we breading?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I need to be serious. I actually I'm not just saying this. I'm not being like cutesies. I can't stop eating. I can't stop eating.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm an animal. I'm like an animal that has been locked up. It's like I need to think. It's like I'm thinking I need to eat all the food now and store it up in case the world runs out.
Speaker 1: Some people are stockpiling in their pantry, and Brittany is just stockpiling inside. I I'm self stockpiling.
Speaker 2: It's really bad. But you know what, I'm just like, I'm just gonna roll with it. I'm gonna be motivated later on in my life and for once in my life, I'm like, Okay, I'm just gonna stuck up a few layers.
Speaker 1: Well, if there's ever gonna be a time to go ham for choice of a better word, on this whole situation, it's.
Speaker 2: Insurance to go donut.
Speaker 1: It's now, it's now.
Speaker 3: It's now.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna see any guys. You're not dating like you're in isolation. You don't have to like front up or look good or do anything. You can be the ugliest that you've ever been and just go wild.
Speaker 2: You do your thing, thinking and putting a little photo up and just sending the Daily Mail wild that because I actually I bloat. I have been bloating because I'm alleged to gluten too, But all rules out the window right now. I've been eating everything else thinking putting a photo up and just look, I look pregnant sometimes, so I was thinking of just running with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's fine.
Speaker 1: We can send some photos to Daily Mail and really start some conspiracy theories.
Speaker 2: It actually mean some more money in this time, so I could try and sell it. I am. I am just more.
Speaker 1: Guys, if you see an article that comes out in the next couple of weeks about Brittany being pregnant, it's because she's sold it to the Daily Mail instead of having to hog some skincare products on Instagram.
Speaker 2: And you know what doesn't help the situation, Laura, what your skinny little ass sitting across from me?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I posted a video yesterday of Matt and I like trying to entertain ourselves during this whole thing of self isolation and everyone was like, why are you so thin after having a baby. Guys, I'm not thin. I am haggard. I am so tired. This is the skinniness of someone who is exhausted. I mean, it has got nothing to do with exercise. It is this is this is exhaustion. That's what that is. One of the most positive things that has come out of this whole self isolation thing is that. And Guys, for anybody who wants to get on board with this, I highly recommend Sam wood is doing a nine am free live exercise twenty eight days. There you go, there's his plug. Because I've been jumping on board sponsored, not not sponsored.
Speaker 3: Just really fucking good.
Speaker 1: I've been jumping on every morning nine am. I clear the coffee table out the way I put Maley in the high chair, give us some banana bread. She's also stockpiling inside.
Speaker 3: And I do like Maali Weill, Sam would work out.
Speaker 1: So if anyone's been sitting at home thinking I hate that, you know my routine's gone out the window, Well I've got a new routine for you. Come and do a live twenty eight days workout with me.
Speaker 2: I did put a poet stuff the other day a few days ago as well, because I think this is really important to highlight. I'm so in my health and fitness. You don't know someone more motivated than me. I'm addicted. I exercise every day. I froth it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I wish you wouldn't use that word, but yes, you really do. I don't know anybody who exercises as frequently as you.
Speaker 2: Do, but I genuinely love it. Great legs, thank you, thank you. But my point of this, that's not my point. My point of the post is I've never been less motivated in my life than what I am in this isolation. So everyone's going the opposite. Everyone's like, I'm so motivated, I'm doing all this stuff at home. I'm the opposite. I'm not working out. My health when I'm eating, when I watch has gone out the window. I don't know what it is. I don't know if it's because I'm still working a lot and I'm stressed. I feel like there might be some emotional eating involved. But I just wanted to put it out there too. If you're struggling in that and you're feeling down and you're feeling unmotived, that's totally fine as well. Because there's a lot of people on Instagram right now that are like OTT with their exercise and their encouragement, which is fantastic. But also if you happen to down day and you don't want to get out of bed, that's also okay. You can lay in bed and eat chocolate and watch movies because there are no rules in isolation.
Speaker 1: It's like Netflix. When Netflix says to you, are you still watching this? You're like, yes, Netflix, of course, I'm fucking still watching that for the fourth time today. What else could I possibly be doing? Netflix, I haven't forgotten. I want to watch the entire series now. It's four I am It's been seventeen hours that you've been watching it. This is the smilet. But also I think, like what you just said, there is the whole spectrum at the moment, and I think every emotion is completely valid. Maybe you're trying to use this time to be super productive, read lots of books, FaceTime your friends, and maybe you've gone the other end of the spectrum where you're kind of just like in a bit of a self isolation hole.
Speaker 3: All of that is fine, but.
Speaker 1: I think at some point we have to kind of like rebalance and figure out what our new normal is in this situation, because if this is going to be going on for god who knows, like three months, two months, six months, then I think we just have to adapt and figure out what is like a comfortable and sustainable lifestyle in this And for me it's nine am workouts for twenty eight days. And for me, I'm almost through my emergency snacks, so it'll end soon.
Speaker 2: I did want to ask you something, what what have you been watching? What's something you can recommend if you watched anything good on Netflix?
Speaker 1: For the people I saw people, Oh, the only thing that I can recommend is something that everybody has already seen.
Speaker 3: I think I was late to the party. You've seen Target King.
Speaker 2: You're like Joe Exotic Joe exactly. I was gonna ask you that it's trending. I watched one episode. I've only watched one episode.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: It was so slow.
Speaker 1: What Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was like, Okay, I like, when does something happen? The first episode so long and it's like I love tigers and that's all he says, and I'm like, okay, like what else happens?
Speaker 3: And the tag is still on me.
Speaker 1: I have the tag that is definitely not how it groes, but I know it's That's what I've been watching. The Morning Show? Is that the other one? Is it called the Morning Show?
Speaker 3: Like the News?
Speaker 1: No, not the Morning Jennifer Aniston's shitty morning show that's on our TV.
Speaker 2: The Jennifer tuning in in the morning.
Speaker 3: I was like, is he even on the Morning Show?
Speaker 2: He is? Yeah, that was terrible.
Speaker 1: Anyway. No, I've been watching the one Reese Witherspoon and it's really good.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I'm only a few episodes into.
Speaker 2: That one, so I just binge watched Elite. Have you seen Elite?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, so guys, given it's dubbed because it's Spanish, but it's like the modern day Spanish version of gossip Girl, and once you get past the fact that it's dubbed, you'll love it absolutely.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I could.
Speaker 1: I tried to watch another series quite a while ago that was like a voiced over, like voiced in English, but it was obviously like another language. That was just so.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I really shouldn't have had that half bottle of wine before I came.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I couldn't. I couldn't get into the fact that it was the voicing was out of sick like that really really irked me and I couldn't get over it. So I couldn't get into it.
Speaker 2: I feel like you will in this one, all right, I might.
Speaker 3: Give it a try.
Speaker 1: Although your last recommendation of Love is Blind, I still haven't gotten on board with that. So there's another guys, if you haven't seen Love is Blind. Britt was raving on about it. It's one of the only reality TV shows that actually makes sense in isolation at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, well, speaking of that, so we mentioned in the last episode that the Bachelor was going to be put on hold. What were they going to do? And we sort of hypothesized.
Speaker 1: I was going to bring this up to you. So one of the posts I put out on Instagram yesterday, Locky aka the Bachelor, he messaged and left a comment on it, and I was like, I'm sorry, you're supposed to be in fucking lockdown. How do you have a phone?
Speaker 2: He was in the wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it turns out that all of the girls and Locky are all home. They have to be very restricted with the thing that they're allowed to do, like the messaging and everything.
Speaker 2: Tied up in their bedroom.
Speaker 1: No, but but they're home, they've got their phones and they can still like walk around and be part of the normal world and with me as much as anyone else can. And so they've totally stopped filming and they're going to go back to it.
Speaker 2: It's nuts, It's nuts.
Speaker 3: It's my mind is blown.
Speaker 2: It's like we are in uncharted territory.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 2: This has not been done before. I don't know how I feel about it, because once they go back, like what if they contact each other.
Speaker 1: No rules apply anymore. Like if the Bachelor is stop filming and these people are like roaming around in the wild, anything goes, anything, anything goes. So the issue that I have with this whole concept of the fact that they've been in isolation together, like they've been in lockdown filming and now they're out in the world, but they have their phones and they can all contact toever the hell they want. My question about this is the whole concept of the Bachelor is based around Stockholm syndrome. So Stockholm syndrome is basically when a person falls in love with their captor, which is exactly what happens. You know, you have no is your cap I'm still help me. So what happens is is that because you are in this lockdown environment where all the girls are in one house and the bachelor's in another house, you have no outside stimulus. So you can't watch the news, you can't read a newspaper, you don't know anything that's happening outside. You can't see any other men except for Soundy's and like you know, the mic guys.
Speaker 2: Some of those guys are really cute too.
Speaker 1: Well they're not really, but they become cute because there's else to look at. So it's based on this concept that every other distraction in life is taken away from you, so that the bachelor ends up being put on this pedestal and he becomes the holy grail and the only thing that you.
Speaker 3: Can focus on.
Speaker 1: But now that this filming has been interrupted and the girls are able to be back in the wild and they can on the internet and they can do whatever they want to, I think it's going to really interrupt this whole idea of building this fantasy around who Lucky is.
Speaker 2: And I imagine there would be very strict rules place like no contacting each other, no contacting like the girls each other or lockie. But I can't imagine at this point of the game that they're not going to contact each other, especially they're about halfway through filming, so they would want they would that'd be forming connections totally.
Speaker 1: And if you've got your phone in hand, who's to say, you know, you can always download can you can do it on WhatsApp and then delete it.
Speaker 3: Those those messages are encrypted.
Speaker 1: So I just think this is going to be such a wild and crazy season, something that we've never seen before. But apparently they're going to steam ahead with it. So let's just kind of hold the phone caller and figure out what they're doing with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mind blowing.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe we should get into the episode, which is guys, this episode is well, you know, we do it every week, but this is our ask uncut episode where you guys write in your deep, dark and dirty questions to us and we do our absolute best to try and answer them for you. You know, we are not qualified, but we give you very very heartfelt advice. I think of us like the big sister or the friend that you don't have or you have there, you go over here.
Speaker 2: You say we're not qualified, but we've been doing this for nearly a year. And you can get like a tape certificate in that time, I reckon, we could be like qualified.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon? They're going to start giving out taste cifgots for our shitty dating advice.
Speaker 2: Do you know there are degrees in like the Netherlands and stuff now that are a Bachelor of influencing. I'm not even kidding. I'm not even pulling your.
Speaker 1: Leg, do you know? It scares me though. It scares me that kids are going through school these days and instead of them wanting to be rock stars or movie stars, they want to be influencers. Like that's what some children are aspiring.
Speaker 2: To be, which is scary.
Speaker 1: It is frightening because I mean, at least, for example, like in the whole sporting arena, for example, there's now there's because like there were so many people who are coming out of doing professional sport and not having careers after they hit thirty five. Right now, there's so much care that's put into making sure that people who are in professional sports also have education in other fields so that they can go into doing like physio or sports science or something else so they have transferable skills.
Speaker 3: The issue with being.
Speaker 1: An influencer is that there are very limited transferable skills, and if you're one and only reason that people are following you is because you're hot and you can take a good photo in a bikini.
Speaker 2: You're not always going to be hot.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, what is going to happen when you up?
Speaker 3: Then, Haggard, excuse.
Speaker 2: Me when I'm thirty four, I'm definitely got that far off.
Speaker 3: I No, that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about myself, like you know, like, yes, sure I do some influencing jobs, but.
Speaker 3: I have to have another job as well.
Speaker 2: Hondi, hondy, Honey, honey, Hundi, Hondi bra. That's what the kids are saying.
Speaker 1: You're so cool, all right, hit me with the first question.
Speaker 2: Okay, my boyfriend and I have been seeing each other a few months when all of this corona started to go down. He lives into state, and we decided to solve quarantine together, so he drove to my place in Sydney, meaning he crossed the border. Now I'm going crazy and think that I made a mistake. It's all too much. I find myself getting annoyed every little thing he does, and I don't even want to sleep with him. Now, what do I do? Do you reckon this is normal? Can I ask him to leave? Do I stick it out? Do I fake it? Do we break up? Help?
Speaker 3: This is such a good question, I reckon.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people in this position right now, do you.
Speaker 1: I think the whole like quarantining with a partner, it's really made these relationships fast forward and like progress quicker than what they were supposed to. And it's put the pressure on for these people to go from like figuring out how they feel about each other to being you're together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, zero to one hundred real quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a total pressure cooker.
Speaker 1: I think this is a really shit situation and absolutely like you're allowed to change your mind, Like if you're not happy in that and you think that you maybe jump the gun, Like it's unfortunate and it's very disappointed to someone else, and yes, you've put their life out, but assuming he still has a home to go back to, like it's not like he's put his whole house up for rent or something. You know, you have to have a conversation and say this isn't what you thought it was going to be and you're not happy, Like maybe you could don't pety fuck the guy or do just get one more time in there, because girlfriend, you don't know how it's going long, it's going to be in here. You can go on another day. No, But seriously, I think if you're unhappy and this guy is in your space every day, it's a lot of pressure. For even a couple that's been together for a long time, it's probably a very natural thing to feel a little bit freaked out. Don't make any rash decisions straight away. I think, like, give it a week to decide how you actually really feel. But in a week's time or two weeks time, if you're still uncomfortable and you still feel like you've made the wrong decision, then you know, sooner rather than later. Because we don't know how much of a lockdown this is going to turn into. You need to have a conversation with him, which is very clear, like, I'm sorry, this isn't what I wanted, this isn't what I thought it was going to be. I'm going to give you some time to work out other arrangements. But just because you're in isolation doesn't mean that you owe this person in your life.
Speaker 2: I guess the other thing is too, just because you're not getting along right now, And just because it's not smooth sailing and perfect right now, that doesn't mean that you two aren't right. That might just mean it just happened too quickly and you weren't ready for it, and you haven't gone through the motions of a normal couple dating. So maybe it's just all intensified too soon, too quickly. But I think you just have to have a chat to him because who knows, maybe he's feeling exactly the same thing and just also doesn't know how to say it.
Speaker 1: And moving in together is such a like for some couples it seems to be super easy, and then for other couples it's just such a huge process because you're getting to know each other's idiosyncrasies, you're getting to know each other's bad habits, and all of the things that you would normally be able to kind of like gloss over and be okay with. During the honeymoon period, all that shit comes to the surface. You got to be really okay with the fact that maybe they're going to do stuff that pisces you off, and be a little bit more flexible because it's no longer just your space.
Speaker 3: It actually saw this.
Speaker 1: Really great meme the other day, and it was like for couples who are working from home and spending all of their time together need to come up with like an alter ego, like an alter character to blame stuff on, like, oh, fucking Karen left the cups out again.
Speaker 3: Why didn't Karen come in and do the vacuuming?
Speaker 2: Okay, get your shit together on vacuum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but instead of having constant bickering, you can kind of like make a.
Speaker 3: Joke about it.
Speaker 1: But obviously the joke is like passive aggressive because you really wanted them to stop leaving their shitty couple of months all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think you just have that chat. And also I just had a point. It's gone good one, brit Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also that advice, I.
Speaker 2: Guess it depends on if he has somewhere else to go, because if he literally has nowhere, like if he was out of re renal or between houses, or he can't get back across the border. Because they are doing that. Now, that's a different story because we all now need to be helping people out. We're all gonna be putting ourselves out to help others out. That's just that's part of what life is right now. And everybody needs to get on board with that. If he's got nowhere to go, yeah, you're probably gonna have to suck it up, but you could still do it as friends. If you absolutely don't want to be with him and you don't feel anything romantic, have the chat and say let's co habitat as friends.
Speaker 1: And you know what, realistically, he's probably going to be a bit uncomfortable by that, and he's probably not gonna want to just hang around and be at the house. If you've made it clear that you don't want to be with him, he will probably try and figure out another option. It's not like we're not in such a severe lockdown right now that he can't leave. Yes, I understand that maybe if his house is in k it's in Queensland, right, Yeah, he's in Queensland, so they can still get home. You have to apply for permanent takes a bit of time, but he can still do that. He can still get home and isolate. I think it's fourteen days, So there's options here. You don't have to be in a relationship that you don't want to be in. That's not an acceptable solution to this situation. If you're not happy make some changes, but don't allow this to just be an excuse to stay in an unhappy space. However, I think just give it a week to figure out if it's actually how you feel or if it's just because you know you've been thrown into this intensity a little bit prematurely.
Speaker 2: And maybe take some space within your own home. I know that sounds crazy, but there are a lot of couple. I know my sister's been doing it a little bit with her partner. They're taking their own rooms and they're getting their work done in different rooms like they're in an office.
Speaker 1: I try and do that, and then Matt will come in after fifteen minutes and be like, I miss you.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Oh classic, Matt. You're like, I'm trying to earn the bacon.
Speaker 1: Baby. You are a stay at home dad now, and I am the one who is working. Leave me in my bedroom office exactly. Me just sitting on my bed, facetiming like my colleagues like me's face time. Yeah, facetiming my sister and feeling like I'm sixteen again because I'm sitting in my bed doing it.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous, all right, Next question, Am I reading it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You're reading it, I don't have my phone's dead.
Speaker 2: Okay. So I have been with my boyfriend for almost two years, and in the past there has been some times and he's been caught messaging other girls in a flirtatious way. Recently, he stated a girl's house with all of his mates while I was on a holiday, and he tried to hide it. He only told me about it when I asked heaps of questions about it, and he tried to hide the fact that he slept in a bed with just him two girls when he knows I'm not comfortable with that. The other night, I confronted one of the girls to ask if anything happened, and she basically started crying in front of me, but she denied anything happened. So my question to you is, would you trust them when they say nothing happened. He's given me reasons in the past not just trust him.
Speaker 3: Oh no, nah, get rid of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, but I probably would have been a bit more diplomatic.
Speaker 1: No, I think you know you know the answer to this. You know that if you're saying you don't trust him, you don't think like he's giving you reasons that are untrustworthy. What you're wanting is someone to give you that silver bullet and tell you what to do. And I'm telling you what to do. Don't be in a relationship with someone you can't trust. Don't be in a relationship with someone who lies to you. Don't be in a relationship with somebody who makes you feel insecure, or who's flirting with other girls. All of that behavior is black and white red flag. Do not be in that relationship and get out.
Speaker 2: I mean, for me, there's one huge red flag here. And you've been with him two years and he is sleeping in a bed with two other girls while you're away.
Speaker 1: Oh my, if Matt, like with Matt, went to a house party and slept in a bed with two other girls and didn't tell me about it and then lied about it whole Wow. But not even if he didn't tell you, he would be hoping that he was isolating by himself, because I would make his life help.
Speaker 2: Even if my partner came and told me he slept in the bed with two women, I would be off that.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, there's there's boundaries in a relationship. And if you've made it clear that that's something that you're not okay with, and that's that crosses your boundaries, and he's done that, and he and that has also lied about it. I just think this guy is not deserving of you. You can find another relationship where you are treated way better than this, a relationship where you trust the person. And yes, it might mean that you'll be alone for a little while, and yes it means that you have to go through the shitty part of breaking up with someone. But this is not somebody who deserves you. And unless he's going to make some huge changes to his life, then this is not a relationship for you. And maybe you need some hard love because I think guys, if you're constant catching your boyfriend sending flirty text messages to other women because they need constant drip feed of attention from other people, it's just not a space or a relationship you ever want to find yourself in.
Speaker 3: So get the hell.
Speaker 2: Out, I think deep. But I feel really passionate about that one. That one really hit a call. Yeah I know it really did, didn't it, Because it's just like I've been there. Yeah, well amen, we've all been there, not ever, am, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just the unlucky ones.
Speaker 1: But I've been there, and I've been this person before, and I feel like I have sent that question to a friend, you know, and Lauren, Yeah, guys, no, Matt's an angel. Matt would never do that. But I have sent this sort of question or had these questions with my girlfriends before, and they've said to me like, no, it's not okay. But what happens is like it starts to become normal, Like you start to accept this bad behavior because it's happening more and more and more, and so, you know, they they do one thing and you accept that they've done that, and then that kind of clouds where your boundaries are, and then they do something else and it keeps. You end up getting to a point where you're like, how did I ever accept this bad behavior?
Speaker 2: Because you're new normal.
Speaker 1: But it's your new normal and it's happened a little bit by little bit by little bit. So the fact that you have written all this out into a message to us and you can read that clear as day what he's doing, it is a big fat red no.
Speaker 2: You definitely know deep down the answer to this. You one hundred percent know you're looking for somebody just to say that you're on the right path, and you're on the right track. And the one thing that I want to add, I agree with absolutely everything you said. Laura. I'm just as passionate about it as you. I hate him, and you are very passionate right now. Laura is like on fire in this podcast room right now. I actually haven't seen as much energy from you in a long time.
Speaker 3: Guys really got me good that time.
Speaker 2: I think that the main thing here is to go with your gut instinct. You would know deep down, you know if he's doing something wrong. You know what he's doing is wrong.
Speaker 1: You know if I girl a girl about it, And the fact that you even had to approach a girl, but the fact that she even had to ask her because you don't trust your boyfriend is reason enough. Don't be with somebody that you don't trust. Relationships that don't have trust in them are going to make you go crazy. They're gonna make you mad. I'm sorry I cut you off, Brittany. I'm gonna come down.
Speaker 2: A lot of passion. I had a really I had a really great speech, but don't worry. Look, I had a lot to say, but Laura has said it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, and I worry.
Speaker 2: We're on par with that one. We're on par like a game of golf.
Speaker 3: I is that a thing?
Speaker 2: I've made that up now too.
Speaker 1: I'm so fucking gold with making these up.
Speaker 3: Is par even in golf, isn't it para? I have no idea?
Speaker 1: Like golf is my least favored sport to watch, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: It's super fun to play.
Speaker 1: What about put putt mini golf?
Speaker 2: They don't have pars in put putt?
Speaker 3: Oh? There you go.
Speaker 1: Learn something new every day every day in the school day. Guys, the big boycourt, I'm it's not called a court. This is just getting weird. Can you please go to the next question?
Speaker 2: Okay, Hi, guys, is it disrespectful if my friend's partner constantly asked me when the last time I had sex was? My response previously has been wouldn't you like to know? And more recently my friend has told him to shut up and stop asking about it. It makes me feel really uncomfortable. I talk about this stuff with her because she's my friend, but I don't think it's appropriate for him to be asking me.
Speaker 3: God, guys, that can be so weird. That is so weird.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that is so weird. Who is he to even ask that.
Speaker 1: Like, he's obviously doing it as a joke and probably thinks that you guys had this funny banter or is.
Speaker 2: That a joke? Well, imagine if I came to your house and Matt was like, hey, Bret, when'd you have Sir herx Like it's not far, I'd be like, what, that's not funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but some people don't really understand the premise of a joke, which is the fact that people are meant to laugh and it's meant to be funny. He clearly finds it entertaining or amusing. I think in this situation it's it's totally weird. It's totally inappropriate. You should speak to your friend, which you probably already have, and your friend needs to speak to her partners separate to you being there, not just calling him out on it when you're there, but separately say don't ask that question. It makes everybody in the situation uncomfortable except for you clearly, so stop it.
Speaker 2: And also, I just think it's so in your right to Next time he says when's the last time you had sex, you can say, well, I don't think that's any of.
Speaker 3: Your business, show me how big your dick is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you cleaned your rash up? You could, but like, no, you can definitely say to him I'm sorry, that's none of your business, or if you really want to. I mean, it depends how confrontation you want to be, but you can say you need to stop asking me that it makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes we can be so like you know, and the very ousy way, like, oh, make a joke about something that makes us uncomfortable, and like, of course you want to make a joke about it because you don't want it it to turn into this big thing or to be to be seen as though you're not able to take a joke. But I think if you've already said something once which was taking it a lighthearted way, and it's still happening and he's still doing it and your girlfriend is telling him to stop, I think you're so well within your rights. I mean, God, you were within your rights at the very start, but now you're so within your rights just to say, do you know what? I actually hate it when you ask me that. It makes me really really uncomfortable. So I'd love it if you would just never ever ever ask me that again. Absolutely, he will take it. It'll it'll shut him down straight away. He'll be like, oh, wow, shit, I didn't I didn't realize. He probably doesn't realize how much it upsets you.
Speaker 2: And then you can be like, now, look it's cool, Like play it off like it's cool, but I just don't want to talk about it with you. You don't have to make it a big deal, but be like, yeah, it's cool. I just it's not a thing, so let's not make it a thing. And like why why is it okay for him to make you feel uncomfortable? Like it's okay for you to make him uncomfortable for a change. So if you have to say to him, you know what, it's none of your business and I don't want to talk about it. Yes, it's gonna make that the it's gonna make him go, oh okay, what's up with her? But it's okay for him to feel uncomfortable because he's doing it to you. So take that, take the ownership of that, and you know, flip it on its head and it can say it in a very curt and very direct way, but that's okay. Like I think it's fine. I'm to call him out on it. Yeah, there's never ever a situation that you need to feel uncomfortable in. Ever, you can always leave, extract yourself or say something. Always voice your opinion. We're very big on that. Okay, we have one more question. Do we have time for another one? I got time have an edit this somewhere we are, yes, so we're recording it. Guys, if you listen to this tomorrow, which is the day that it comes out, Thursday. We're recording this at seven fifty pm on the Wednesday. I got to go home and edit the shit out of this.
Speaker 1: And make it sound good yep for your ears. Yes, so get it in and around your house. Well, let me already have You're three quarters away through.
Speaker 2: I'm going to leave it up to you. Do you want another question or do you want.
Speaker 3: To wrap it? No, give me another question.
Speaker 2: I knew you'd say that. I'm just here for the people, So here for it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Last one, I having seen a guy who I have an amazing connection with. We get along so well, he makes me feel so special and he has amazing qualities. However, my best friend has made it very clear that she thinks I'm settling for him and she thinks that I could do better and deserve somebody who takes all of my boxes. It's obvious we're at different stages in our lives. I have graduated from UNI, I live out of home, I'm very independent, and I have savings for a house. He, however, is still at UNI. He goes out a lot, he lives at home a lot. He has more interest in living it up rather than slowing down and saving for the future. Am I settling? Are they right? Do you know what?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 1: It sounds like both of these people are relatively young, Like it sounds like she's just come out of UNI and he's still at UNI. So I'm going to guess that you're in your early twenties. It's okay to date people just because you have a really amazing connection with them, with art thinking about where you're going to be in the next seven ten years time.
Speaker 3: So I think if you think that.
Speaker 1: You really really love the guy, or you love being around him, and he makes you really happy at this point in life, if he doesn't have all his shit together, he's allowed to be afforded a bit of time. If he's only in his early twenties, Like that guy's it's okay that he doesn't have everything together yet, I think.
Speaker 2: So I want to add that. She did finish it by saying I can't imagine my life without him, But I can't help and think, think, am I settling? Do I give up on this amazing connection in the hope of finding someone more on my level. So the bit that sticks out for me is I can't imagine my life without him. If the only reason is you need to find someone on your level, which is ready to buy a house, I don't think that's a reason he's at UNI. He wants to live his UNI life. You guys could have a mortgage for the next fifty years. I think it's okay to be in a different place if he's still treating you well and you're still getting the respect and you trust him, and you're still spending enough quality time together. I think it's really great for partners to have different interests and different hobbies and want to do different things. I don't think you need to live on top of each other. So if he's going out and there's not actually bothering you because you trust him, I don't I don't think that's the end of the world.
Speaker 1: And also I think, just to add on to what Britney has said, like, there may come a point in the future where the fact that you were on very different trajectories is like the gap is too wide, Like you can't ignore that anymore. But if that's not there yet, then why not just enjoy it for what it is at the moment, explore what it is. There is a chance that he will man up and get onto your wavelength and he will want those things as well. But in the meantime, when you're kind of like sussing things out, I really do feel like it is okay to date people that you know, kind of deviate from these very specific set of rules that you have for yourself, because you know, people progress at different stages, they progress at different speeds, and you know, he may get there and you guys may have an incredible life together, but you can afford him a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of time to get there.
Speaker 2: I'm making the assumption that you guys are young. It's obviously a different level. If you guys are thirty to thirty five. Oh yeah, yeah, no, no, no, he's gone, yeah, he's going out and he's at UNI. Good on him for being a mature age student. But also like, you definitely need someone on your level. But if you guys are still young bloody, party it up, go out with him, go and have some fun, because one day you're gonna have a baby, you're gonna be stuck at home, you're gonna be forty, you're gonna be like, where did my life go? It's not that bad brand, Oh it's not. But that's what will happen.
Speaker 1: But I think that that's a really really important point. And I think that, you know, we need to drive that home a little bit. Age does play a massive part in this, and so if you are young, then I think there is no problem. And also, like, you know, it's nice that your friend cares about you and wants has your best interest at heart, Like I really like I love that from her. But at the same time, I think it's okay for you to have a relationship where it may not be end goal, Like you're allowed to just experience love and explore what love is at a young age. When you get a bit older and when you are in your thirties and you do have goals that you want for your life, it is really important that you find somebody who is on the same trajectory as you and wants the same things, because otherwise you're going to waste time and it may mean that you may never get the things that you want in life. So if you waste the better half of your late twenties and early thirties and into your mid thirties with a guy who doesn't want to settle down or have kids, then it may mean that you'll never get to settle down and have kids. So that is really really important. But I am like you are, assuming that this is a person who's quite young, who's just fresh out of you girl friend. You enjoy that then has some great old young people sex and have a good old time. Yeah, young people sex.
Speaker 3: What is the young people sex?
Speaker 1: That's when you actually put effort in.
Speaker 2: That's when you do like more than one position, or when you're awake, when you're awake awake.
Speaker 3: I'm just definitely not doing multiple positions anymore.
Speaker 2: No, the only other point that I actually, on a serious note, want to drive home is I think the age is the important thing. The other important factor is how his actions are making you feel. If you're okay with it, I did mention before. If you're okay with it, you trust him. He's not making you feel shitty, he's respecting you, then that's fine. If it doesn't bother you, that's fine. If you're laying awake wondering where he is and what he's doing, and you're upset by it and he's not giving you attention, he's not giving you respect, that's a different manner. So just see how you feel. And I think you need to make your decisions accordingly.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I love it when we agree on things. Look at us and now cohesive kind of makes sense.
Speaker 3: Advice.
Speaker 1: Wow, go us.
Speaker 2: We were very passionate today about some of those, weren't we. I know, I hit home and we're emotional.
Speaker 1: I also feel, yeah, well, I think emotions are just heightened in general at the moment. But I do feel that this is the one real chance that I've had today and actually in the past couple of days, to speak to it human like an adult human.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm glad you look at me as an adult.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are an adult human.
Speaker 1: I have been stuck inside with Marley with nobody to talk to. I facetimed my sister. That's the only conversation I've really had. And then obviously I speak to Matt. But I speak to Matt all the time every day, and you know, like it doesn't count.
Speaker 3: So this has been good for me.
Speaker 1: I love this for me.
Speaker 2: This has been good for me too, because all day all I do, I know everyone is doing and thinking and hearing and speaking about Corona at the moment, but I guess because I'm in the hospital in screaming process with it. It's literally all I do, all I see, all I think about is like proper consuming. So it's so nice. This is like therapy for me right now.
Speaker 1: Well, this is also therapy for all you guys, so please keep your questions coming. We love answering all of your life dilemmas. So if you want to send us a question for next week's episode, slide on into our DMS at Life Uncut podcast and title it ask Uncut so that we know that this is a question specifically about Ask Uncut. Also, we do a section on our Tuesday episode which is Accidentally Unfiltered, and that is all of your most embarrassing stories and we love them, So please send us your most embarrassing stories. Please title that one accidentally Unfiltered so that Brittany doesn't have a full on conniption when she's trying to go through all of the messages, because you that's a real thing. Yeah, you guys message so much and it's amazing. We're doing our best to kind of get back to all of you, and we really appreciate everybody who does message and to everybody who's listened. We love making this content for you. We also love that you guys listen to it.
Speaker 2: I have a mosquito, but on my butt, I just on my look at that.
Speaker 3: It's what are you doing? I just noticed it?
Speaker 1: Can you get back to the podcast?
Speaker 2: Sorry, guys, thanks for tuning in. You've just made our day. Please if you loved the episode, wait, Laura's have a thought.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, guys, actually, we've been getting so many questions about what dating looks like now that we're all in isolation, like so many and so we didn't choose any questions about that specifically for this episode, even though it was like the number one biggest question that we had coming in. So we're going to do a whole episode about that on Tuesday, and it's going to be exploring like, what does the dating world look like now that we are all self isolating? What does it mean for couples who are stuck in isolation together and just really unpack this whole idea of what the dating world is now. It's that everything has changed. It's uncharted territory. We haven't ever experienced it before in the whole world.
Speaker 2: I just wided.
Speaker 1: I want you to get arrow, get out there and do it, but you can't because of Bachelor and Paradise. Do you have a shame? Do you hate that you don't know? I hate that I don't know. I hate that you won't tell me any dating stories. You are a useless sack of flesh, pound of flesh next to me.
Speaker 2: Now imagine the content I have to tell you once we can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys, strap in and put on your undies for when batch your paradise actually star Strap in and.
Speaker 2: Put your undies on. Man, you've spent too much time inside. Guys. If you've liked the episode, please jump on and hit five stars, hit subscribe, and leave a review. There are the three little things that help this little independent podcast grow and flourish. And the love because we love love and I'll let get.
Speaker 4: Out of he the Kabapalla, Bakamoto, Pamper