Speaker 1: It's a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, come on an a minutes past six. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show on God. Come on in, Jack, come on in, Patsy, Morning money. How is everyone this morning? Do you either of you to suffer from hay fever?
Speaker 3: No, Biancha does?
Speaker 2: My why lucky?
Speaker 3: And it does make you feel like you have some sort of superpower when you see somebody struggling to just breathe the natural air that we're meant to mate.
Speaker 2: It's always nice when someone has a lack of empathy and can somehow elevate themselves over the rest of us. Struggling with hay fever right now, well even makes me feel like I've got a superpower to me. I feel I've done fifty bps my loves closing my throat. I don't have this.
Speaker 3: What I was meant to say is, and how are you feeling? I'm sorry to hear that you deal.
Speaker 2: Your first thing was about Jack post Be a strong boy, doesn't get hay fever, just squat thrust out of his arm. Do you get it passed you? Do you get hate fe Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't normally, but I am this year and in fact, today my skin's itchy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it comes in different ways from me. It's like what I was struggling to breathe, you, sir, I thought I had the old rona, So I think i'd be the unluckiest guy in Melbourne. That'll be on the front page because everyone's like double double double every day every day and they go joke, it's that detail telling me like me on the front page, the one. It's the woo hand, one bloody idiot back to hate me like two and a half years ago when I first came here.
Speaker 3: Front page news. Though pretty good for the show.
Speaker 2: Is it? Suddenly the zero goes to one and it's me. They're on the posters around town. So yeah, it's all fin. I don't know what it is. A lot. If anyone who's suffered some hay fevers, I don't think it's called plural. By the way, I've got multiple hate fevers. You've got them all fevers. They're multiplying. I don't know if anyone's found the last two or three days. Have you found this party? It's been really bad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, well, poor old Tommy producers in a bad state this morning.
Speaker 2: First I've heard about it did you know about this, didn't he look?
Speaker 3: He puts on a brave family.
Speaker 2: Is that we got this new producer. He's coming from Triple and we rescued him like a rescue dog four months ago. He obviously knew which way the wind was going with that uh whistleblower. He knew that that big old tower is about to come tumbling down, talking of which, we've got Eddie Maguire on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: I think he's coming back in just to attack Tommy. There's no interview. She's coming into. Why didn't you tell me four months ago? But yeah, I didn't know about this. He gets tom producer gets really bad hay fever. He has to rinse out his nose before the shot.
Speaker 3: He must get in early to do it all. And then by the time we get in he looks fine.
Speaker 2: He doesn't worry this morning. Is that he's got bloodshot eyes. As you should go. You should go out there and telling that you don't get this. You're stronger. You're like Pete Evans. You're a hay fever to higher, aren't you? Those five g towers?
Speaker 1: You know The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Jack.
Speaker 2: Post is a man who has no weakness.
Speaker 3: I'm not invincible, I'll be honest. Remember yesterday I had the ear infection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that. We had a big meeting yesday, me, Jack and Sue the Boss, and it was one of our most important meetings of the year. Yep, about this big idea we've got for next year, like January when we're back and suddenly just Jack goes at five to eleven, I've got to go about I've got to go to a meeting about my ears, a meeting. I may misheard it, That's why I heard in my mind, but I actually do believe you. Actually I've got to go to a meeting about my ears.
Speaker 3: It was my right ear was irritating me so much during yesterday show.
Speaker 2: Is that the one next to the boss? Because I often get that next? I heard, yeah, but carry on.
Speaker 3: I was asking Bianca during the songs, could you find me anything anytime of ear cleaner, ear expert. I'll go anywhere in Melbourne if you can book me in after the show, because there's itching me and I went to what I thought was a doctor. I thought I was jumping over the GP and going to a special.
Speaker 2: Who's beyond the doctor to begin.
Speaker 3: With a specialist, so that you've got medicine woman. You got the GP who knows about a little bit about everything, like.
Speaker 2: A little bit. They studied for years. They know everything about everything.
Speaker 3: Misspoke, they know they know everything about everything. But then there's a.
Speaker 2: Little bit who's gone to a doctor and I go, is it your knee? You say, let me just google it? Which better? Thank thee that what's this a bit called the bony bit here? I only know a little bit about the knee. Last time was a bit like the elbow the knee, isn't it this?
Speaker 3: That is exactly what happened with last time I went to the doctor. They just googled it. Remember when I had the itchy area?
Speaker 2: Oh go again.
Speaker 3: Google and just googled it.
Speaker 2: Where are you going? Heamster doctors? Anyway about?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Who band? And I always think, if you're looking for any kind of medical appointment right, anything you can get into within two hours, don't go. I never go to see one that I can get in too. Straight towards why you this available? If you're really good, it should at least Thursday lunchtime they can get you in.
Speaker 3: That's exactly how it played out. She said, there's at Friday, just after nine o'clock or Thursday, but way out and Glenn Waverley, I can get you. Then half an hour later she's like, oh, there's this one in Foot's Gray ten am. Yeah, like the next appointments available. We should have been suck on it.
Speaker 2: Because because you're still in pains, aren't you with your ears?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she just looked in there. I thought it might need a clean out. She's like, no, no, this doesn't need a clean out. It is very red though, so I thought, oh, this is good.
Speaker 2: How much did I pay you for that?
Speaker 3: She'll tell me what I need? And she said, well, what you'll have to do is go to a doctor to find out what that is.
Speaker 2: I could have said that to you. Yeah, he's going to see what's called a doctor. Look them up. Paying for that.
Speaker 3: It was fifty five dollars scammed. I tell you that.
Speaker 2: She just sound a chair in the street. Fifty You get a couple of those today, you may, aren't you you get yeah? Look, yeah, i'd say a doctor. That's fifty five dollars.
Speaker 3: The only bit of the only thing she gave me to go away with. I said, can I get some ear drops at least just from the chemist chemist's warehouse whatever she said, No, no, no, ear drops can dry it out, probably make the irritation even worse. Use olive oil in your ear so I have heard of this. I had to go home and tip.
Speaker 2: Your water boarding your ears. You're drowning even when I can't a teaspoon.
Speaker 3: It was really gross. And then when you put your head back.
Speaker 2: Up right, you got that horrible it's olive oil stinks because you're on his chuck it in the pan to cook with. It's got a horrible small This stays around for appers.
Speaker 3: So I spent half an hour.
Speaker 2: So where are you now then? With this air problem?
Speaker 3: So now I'm booked back into the Friday appointment. So you're going to put up with this itch till I can see the proper GP who's like an ear expert GP on Friday. If there's anybody listening who knows a little bit about ears and he's a doctor and can fit me in earlier just saying.
Speaker 2: Wow, so okay, just so understand what you're just saying. You're basically asking gps who are listening now to get you in today.
Speaker 3: If if they've got a spot or if they can get in ten minutes early or squish me in.
Speaker 2: It's not like they're dealing with a situation in Melbourne right now of a pandemic and controlling that Showbiz needs his ears looked at before Friday, when mere mortals can walk in off the street.
Speaker 3: It's really irritating. You know that feeling when you're in applying in your ears.
Speaker 2: Part is horrible.
Speaker 3: Actually it feels like that feeling all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you feels like you're stuck in your head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like pressures pushing it out.
Speaker 2: If there are any gps, do get him in today, because I'm telling him out. If this doesn't get sorted out today, you're going to get more and more louder about this as the days going, Pats, And are we putting cotton in our ears to drown him out? Talking about it?
Speaker 3: Anything you asked me to do? Our pointed there and go sorry, I can't, I just can't.
Speaker 2: So it's doctors, all those people you thought were a jump above the doctors. I'm still yet to wash out.
Speaker 1: Especially Okay the Christian O'Connell show us so.
Speaker 2: Jack has been told to soften up your trying to help your ears in the next couple of days, we're seeing a doctor yep, with olive oil what every day?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is meant to moisturize the inside of the ear extra VIRGINI of oil or I didn't ask actually cheapest one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Patsy, you're a big fan of these homemade remedy and remedies because some of them are amazing. Some of them really work. Did have you ever heard of this one, Patsy? A couple of bit were telling me about hay fever. To have a teaspoon of locally sourced honey every day. Really, Yeah, like some kind of I guess because it's local contains the biodome of the bioth.
Speaker 3: My mum's big into this. She doesn't use all the technical terms like you do, but she every year gets the anchor a pot of local honey because yeah, the pollens inside and meant to make your body aware of the pollen you're going to come through your notes.
Speaker 2: He's in the poison.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't work for the anchor, is all right?
Speaker 2: The fact you just ever recommended basically trying to poison me to get rid of me with it. If you do know of any alternative remedies that actually work pats. You know loads these alternative remedies. You always recommend a lot of poultice. And what was that thing you were trying to get someone with pinky or had a gammy eye to make a poultice of something?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: The poultice for pats?
Speaker 3: That's too.
Speaker 4: When I used to get a splinter in my skin as a kid, mum used to make a poultice which was basically like bread and hot water wrapped in linen and sort of placed on the area, and her theory was that it would help draw it out. The yeast in the bread would draw it out of the skin.
Speaker 2: Did it work? Yeah, it did? Actually, See this is amazing. People have to make their own kind of medicine. Didn't because I couldn't afford to get it. So if you know any of these alternative homemade remedies, but you need to have actually tried it out, Okay, not like if someone's recommended or you've read it on Google. I want tried and tested this morning nine four one oh four three. One of you was also recommended that I take it out of Zertac, which is the sort of classic anti one of the anti histamin drugs. And then sit in a bath every day of pint oss soap.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's brilliant stuff.
Speaker 3: What's that that?
Speaker 4: When I was proud?
Speaker 2: She literally like a Wikipedia all these kind of what is pine toss?
Speaker 4: It's it's what you have when you have chicken pox as a kid. It's disgusting stuff.
Speaker 2: It's trap. I'll go get some today, sin a maath of it. Boiling myself every day is disgusting. I'll sign me up.
Speaker 3: I remember sitting in the bath with the chicken pox though.
Speaker 2: When you have chicken pox, ymber that as a kid, it was just a horrible thing.
Speaker 1: Christian Iconnell Christian o'connalds Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're doing triage right now to Jack Post. We're trying to work turn you turn the show into advice. Jack's got some kind of ear affection, and his wife booked him in to see someone yesterday within two hours. Warning, warning, warning, any kind of medical expert in a city like we've had, you know, the city like this this year, that can fit you in within one hundred minutes. I always think, can't be that good. You went to see an ear expert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just assume they're a doctor. And now I've looked back on the website. Not a doctor, just an ear cleaner.
Speaker 2: Who just assume someone is a doctor without going into a general practice or being aware they're in a doctor's waiting room.
Speaker 3: It felt like a doctor's waiting when I was in there. Yeah, white walls, the waiting room shares.
Speaker 2: But people can buy white paint. Anyway. You're the most easily scammed man in the world.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm getting that thing at the moment. You know when you talk about enailment that you have so much worse now. My ear is super itchy. I'm just I'm ravenous to go on its it. But she said, don't put your fingers in your ears.
Speaker 2: I never heard the word ravenous, ravenous with hunger, ravenous for an itch. That's how bad his ear is. He's ravenous. He's starving for that itch. So anyway, this lady yesterday about to look at his ear and went, oh my god, Yeah, that looks painful. You should go and see one of these what's called doctors. That'll be fifty five dollars for this advice. But she's recommended over the next couple of days before we see it, an actual doctor olive oil.
Speaker 3: Drip some olive oil in there to hydrate the back of the ear drum. Right, did it yesterday? He was a little bit slimy and had to keep my head tilted for half an hour.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this morning, alternative homemademy remedies that work. Jack. Let's keep her a separate note out of the amount of remedies incoming and ones that pats He's heard of, because Patsy's the Wikipedia of is Patsy newsreader and medicine woman, Doctor Quinn, medicine woman. A Nett. Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning Net. Welcome to the show. So an alternative homemade remedy that works.
Speaker 6: I've got a great remedy for your ear. Jack's grape up some onions. Get a few drops on juice and put it in your ear when you're going to bed at night, and lie down on the other side so that he is so into as long as can you wake up in the morning.
Speaker 3: All right, And then you were breaking up a little bit. But what I got is onion juice. Diice up some onions, squeeze it into my ear while I'm going just before I go to sleep, and then try and keep that ear elevated all night.
Speaker 6: Yes, and it doesn't sting, It doesn't do any but it does wonders.
Speaker 2: So and that just want saying, So mush up some onions and squish them into his ears or just the juice. It's just going to be very hungry. I'm gonna be ravenous for burgers, lovely because I love that smell of fried onion. This makes you hungry, doesn't it, Especially that smell. It's a very strong overparent Swiller's an onion pillow.
Speaker 3: At night, I might wake up and becas eating my ear.
Speaker 2: All right, and thank you very much? You cool after morning?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Arthur. What's your homemade remedy for us?
Speaker 7: Onion and saltans? It's good for bruising. You smash it all up, you put it into a towel, and then you put it over the bruising glue it overnight and the next morning it's gone on.
Speaker 2: I think I saw this a Rocky three. I pretty saw Mickey got some sultanas and onions and wrapped them in a town over Rocky's eye when he was being pummeled by your club a lang.
Speaker 7: My mother did it to me when I was a young kids and I smashed my leg and I now it works.
Speaker 2: You need to go to the daughters bring me.
Speaker 7: I did not have to go to the doctors at all, and went there on the next within the next day.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. So tanas and onions.
Speaker 7: Yes, and you smash them up and then you put them into hotel.
Speaker 3: Onions are the one.
Speaker 2: Who knew this morning?
Speaker 3: Is there anything an onion car?
Speaker 2: And that's the phone in tomorrow. Let's not waste it right now, Jack, all right, Alfa, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Frank morning, Christian guys, how are you this morning?
Speaker 2: We're good, welcome to the show. Frank, you boy, what have you got for us?
Speaker 9: I've got a remedy for watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone's just tuned in. They're going when are they finishing for the year? In no way. We're struggling now, run out of big cash.
Speaker 3: Came away this time yesterday we were doing batteries.
Speaker 2: Remember that tomorrow it's onions the phone in okay, so yes, tell us about the cure for warts.
Speaker 8: Cureful is in Italian fame at high So yeah. You stepped the actual fig fruit off the tree and again the fig the stain that riges you like in milk, actually dare down onto the water, makes you drive as the water and making a wake or so that you disappears big milk.
Speaker 3: Am I hearing that correctly?
Speaker 8: It's correct?
Speaker 2: We need any more types of milk in the world. In this city. You go in somebody, you've got goat milk and milk, walnut oil, milk, you got almond and even milk and almond. I don't even know how they do that. And now we're saying fig milk.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: All right, Frank, you boy, thank you very much.
Speaker 10: Okay, thanks taking bye bye now, Frank.
Speaker 1: He Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Sometimes my wife and I right late in the evening, if we've had a couple of drinks, we'll go on that website real estate dot com dot au. You know where you can put in price no limit, because you can have a look around really really expensive like multimillion dollar homes that you're never going to have the means to af forward, but you like having a little nose around it.
Speaker 3: And judging them, don't you. Definitely right.
Speaker 2: I even remember my wife and I had to look around Jimmy Bartel's partner's house or whatever their family home that were selling, couldn't afford to buy it, but wasted twenty minutes going, oh, I like the way they've done that leadline windows. You don't get a lot of that here in Australia. That's really nice. Literally wasting time we're never going to get back.
Speaker 3: Every time you see a feature on somebody in the paper, you don't really care to learn about their life. All you want to do is notes around their house. That's where I can't wait for your hair on something to come out.
Speaker 2: Genuinely, really nervous. I found out it's this Saturday. I'm not even going to tell my wife because sheer sees something in the photos they're using a family photo. Never has a family photo appeared in any interview I've ever done in over twenty years of doing this. I'm so nervous about it because I know my only because of one reason I know my wife will find something. Some other a bit of dog poo was that I was told to clear up from the garden or something in the house. There's also that awful cheesy photo. For some reason, when they came around, they asked me to lie on a Sunburd. I'm wearing a jumpers funny clone. I said, won't this look a bit odd? Do you want me to like go full pony? I put like a hanky on my head. At one point he goes, how about your roll your jeans up? And you did me feet in the pool and went no, Because I'm not an idiot anyway, I think there must be a separate website for multimillionaires, right that their version of real estate dot com where they can buy football clubs that stuff like that for fun, Because this story you're not gonna believe. Ryan Reynolds megasty, very very funny guy, brilliant in dead Pool okay, and lots of other movies as well, brilliant actor. He has bought a small and I mean really small, but actually brought his part four million dollars of his own money. Right, he's not messing around, but a small football club in the UK, well in Wales called Wrexham. Now you might think EPL, there's a lot of money in that. There's billions of dollars there are. They're not in the EPL. They are five tiers down. They've got a ground that can hold ten thousand, but it is a small you know, compared to eighty thousand from Manchester United. Ten thousand is a small club. What's he playing it?
Speaker 3: Five tiers down? So that's becoming like a suburban football club equivalent here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you don't really have this. The players we pay but a very small amount. So it is a professional team. You getting ten thousand two home grains. It's you know, you can still run it by that. I don't know why you would take that on as an American coming in however, get this so one thing it does give you is an amazing when when a Hollywood superstar brought a fifth tier football club in England. It's Ted Lasso, isn't it? Do you know they've already Ryan Renders has already sold the rights to the documentary to Netflix.
Speaker 3: He's trying to make his money back.
Speaker 2: It probably already made it mat It's not costing in one cent, but it is. It is a great story. Here's some of the video that Ryan Reynolds has made. We just became honors of Wrexham Association Football Man. You may have never heard of Wrexham the racecourse ground. So to the Wrexham Supporters trust thing for your faith and trusted.
Speaker 11: Us, We were humbled and we're already getting to work.
Speaker 3: This is really happening.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a movie trying to read it. Here's the Wrexham Club song. Part of me hopes they're like they're Hollywood stars, right, what do they really know about running a football club that they actually draft in as players just for season of the actors? Right? You must have just double down that, you know. Can they get like Benedict kumberbut you he seems a big tool guy. Could he be a goalkeeper?
Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about the illicit lunch I had yesterday. You know, sometimes do you do this okay where or sorry? I don't want to get you in trouble. People might be listening. Just a friend of yours, ever do this where you'll have a cheeky, unauthorized off the book's lunch, just just buy yourself. I know friends who do that, Yeah, that your other half doesn't know about because otherwise they say I'm trying to save money this month, or eat healthy you've got those leftovers tea.
Speaker 3: Or my friend just gets accused of throwing the whole day out of whack like oh, well, now when are we eating lunch? Wines didn't.
Speaker 2: Well, if you've had a big lunch for yourself, you know there's no point going out for pizza at R five. Yeah, that yesterday the night before. So I normally have to bring leftovers and you might have seen them to have for lunch. Yesterday. My wife because Sunday, was rushing around him. Momi, I said, I'll sort your Monday lunch out. Don't worry. There's some leftover salmon that I'll put together with a salad eight Monday.
Speaker 3: That is a Monday, okay.
Speaker 2: So yesterday I look at it right and I'm like, this Monday, I can't. I can't do this, and so yes, on the way home, I pulled over a near a bin in Saint Kilda right emptied the old salmon salad in there. Drove to another place in Kilda where they do an amazing spicy meatball.
Speaker 3: Sub you're an adult version of the kid he throws away sandwich at school.
Speaker 2: I was aware of this. I used to do this at fourteen. I'm now forty seven, all right, And so I went to the place is Sint Kilda, Okay, ordered this amazing spicy meatball sub right, it is so good.
Speaker 3: Ate it in the car just you know, you were so happy.
Speaker 2: This is enlightenment, this is navana, and this right now is probably the happiest I'll ever be this week. And I'm there, you know, actually salibating God. That is perfection. And as I got back out, I stuck my head in the shot went thank the chef. That was amazing. You know when no one looks around and go thank, They're like, who is that idiot? Anyway? I just I want my lips, okay. And I destroyed the events, put all the paper in the way. It's the perfect crime. I go home and my wife's there and she goes, oh, come here, let's have a hug. And immediately I'm not, Oh, she's gonna know. They know, they know, like they can smell a woman on you, they know, right, And she's my wife has got a really strong sense of smell. And as I'm going into the hug, I'm like, you know, when they say you've got to just sell the light, I can't. Already I'm starting to get nervous.
Speaker 3: Yep, there's lipstick on your color and she's coming in and she can see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's food grease. There's meatball sauce on your shirt. Anyway. As you come in, she goes, and I'm like, oh god, oh god, I'm doomed. I feel like confessing when I've been the seven, So I don't. She goes, this is what she says. She goes, what if you been easy?
Speaker 11: I almost break down in tears. What you know when you voice change? She goes, you smell, but I can smell. I can smell garlic on you. Something spicy. That's not the salmon salad I made. I'm sorry this Monday, I was hungry spicy meatball sup.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Imagine if you were right Instant Kilda, yesterday's the lay by by Lunar Park. If you're wondering and you saw a guy just pull up suddenly, get out of his carl with a sad ass tupperware, empty a salmon salad out of the top winso bin to make sure that was turned back into the car. You think, what a loser. That guy is clearly married and empty out his lunch to go and get something more advertised.
Speaker 3: You made me feel like the meatball sub actually, so you're gonna give me the players. I want to go good.
Speaker 2: It's a spicy meatball sub and even though I knew that it would be terrible if I got caught out. It's a bit like Andy and Shawshank Redemption when he breaks into that office. And this is that classical music song that was me yesterday at midday, just sat in the car eating it, going this is freedom.
Speaker 3: And then the other thing that Andy does, like when he's putting the pebbles through his pants and walk they fall out his leg. You can do that with the rapper of your meat as you.
Speaker 2: Walk around the band and the receipt as well, and all the rapper as well.
Speaker 3: Do you have a separate bank account? Oh? Yeah, see the only reason.
Speaker 2: I can in the sky they see it all.
Speaker 3: The only reason I kept the separate bank account is because I was worried about the fast food charges that wouldn't be seen.
Speaker 2: Do you pay for that?
Speaker 3: Are hidden fund?
Speaker 2: Jackie boys? Sneaky? How have you got away with that? How many has you been married?
Speaker 3: I keep saying I'm going to close that bank account because I really don't need it, But I say, oh, like the Spotify is linked to it. I think the Netflix is linked to it for the taxman.
Speaker 2: And is that what you set your ruber he eats up to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, wow wee.
Speaker 2: That is the first time I'm not actually gonna that is. What I need to do is get my own But if I Sarah know, if I'm now putting funds into a separate count, yeah, because especial if it's only like sort of forty two dollars a week and stuff like that, you know it's for the spicy Meatballs sub account.
Speaker 1: Christian Hell a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every week on the show, one of you wins one thousand dollars in cash for cooler of the Week. The last two weeks, the winners have come from stories that we've got. On three Tip of Tuesday, we'll just about to get into. All right, here's what we're looking for this morning. What got stuck in? What I'm looking for? Stories of being stuck? What got stuck in?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Jackie Boy kick us off?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my air pods keep getting stolen by my wife, even though she's got her own pair to differentiate them. I wanted to paint my air pods, so I got some old house paint from the shed and dip the air pod in and let them dry. The problemly is the paint's quite thick, so now when I put them back in the charger, they're stuck. They're stuck in there, and I can't bring the AirPod out.
Speaker 2: I suppose your wife wants to actually share your airports at the moment, because you've got you've got infect it is that needs you to go and see a GP.
Speaker 3: Doesn't stop it. It always missing out of that little container.
Speaker 2: Well, now she can't use me, you can't use them. That's something you do with an older brother or sister to stop them using your stuff. So they're stuck in there, they're wedged in there. Brilliant. Okay, so what got stuck in what? Last week on the show where we're talking about did your mum and dad have a job that had cooled job works? We've got a great story from one of you about your mum and dad owned a milk bar you lived above it. So this morning I want to know did your mum and dad did they own a shop? Then we can try and to valuate was there any kind of benefit to you, because if it's an undertaker, there's not a lot of there's not a lot of fun to be having an embalming fluid. Maybe there is, We'll finding out during the next six minutes of radio. So did your parents own a shop? And finally, this morning, what did you destroy? In a fit of rage? I broke a fully working printer once you know, a thing where you can't connect it to that WLAN network, and I just needed to print something off. I was already running late, and you know when the anchor rises, and I just kept trying to put it onto a Wi Fi code, and I saying, I'm doing what it's asking me to doing. Why can't this computer just get it right with that well and wireless network? So actually I just picked it up and walked out to the corridor at home and threw it on the floor like you do a medicine ball in the gym.
Speaker 3: That must have felt so nice, the amount of times I wanted to do that.
Speaker 2: It did, until obviously I realized it was now broken. I hadn't. I'd only gone backwards and then actually go and buy a brand new printer, which cost me money. So but the therapy, the cathartic release in destroying and ending the life of that printer.
Speaker 3: And having a new printer is not going to help.
Speaker 2: I felt like a giant is a powerful iem. I can pick you up print and there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 3: No one would hear your christ Keep the body, network, Keep the body of the old one, so when the new one comes in the house, you go, look, that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Network yourself or I will end you right now. All right, So this morning what got stuck?
Speaker 3: In?
Speaker 2: What did your parents own a shop? And what you destroyed in a fit of rage?
Speaker 1: Christian? Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, we're doing three topic Tuesday. Good morning, Robin, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 12: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good Robin, welcome to the show. Thanks for calling in. What have you got a story about what got stuck?
Speaker 13: Wow?
Speaker 12: My sonone who's about six, he had a bean bag ball stuck in his ear and I when we discovered it, my husband thought he might get the vacuum cleaner out to get that out. I didn't think that was a good idea though, No.
Speaker 2: I mean the delicate workings of the inner I can out meet a big hoover, especially. I mean you've got like three attachments. You never used to do that long sort of that long like a spear like a traveling one. You put on the hoovie. You don't know where the various attachment nozzles are.
Speaker 12: That's right there.
Speaker 2: So what did you do in the end, because those little balls are a nightmare they are.
Speaker 12: So in the end, we went to the hospital and they had a lork and they tried to get it out but they couldn't. And they said, oh, he's going to have to go up and be put under, just you know, quickly. So we got in the lift and we'll go to that.
Speaker 2: Sort of put you under for like thirty seconds.
Speaker 12: We're going out.
Speaker 2: We just dip them into unconsciousness and back out again, start putting a toe in the seeing.
Speaker 12: So we're going up in the lift and they stopped. They're in the lift and they said, oh, you know, little boy, you know what what happened to you? And he said, I've got a bean bag balluck in my ear and they said, oh, we've never heard of that before. So there you go. They got it out and everything's fine.
Speaker 2: And here I thought, you said, they knock him out the lift. But the time we got to fifth floor, he's waking up again. That there was a operation done. That's great. Robin thank you very much. It sounds like you've got kids. Have you got the little family there?
Speaker 12: No, I'm actually walking, so I've just stopped generally.
Speaker 2: Have you got a family?
Speaker 13: Yes, I have.
Speaker 12: I've got two kids and little grandson.
Speaker 2: We will give you a one hundred dollars pancake for you all. Okay, thanks your story.
Speaker 12: Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Bye, Tony, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Tea bone off you go. What's your story?
Speaker 6: Interesting story.
Speaker 10: My grandparents were the people that owned the shop and up until the early eighties of Fabulous news agency that stopped all types of magazines. And in those days, when you had to return the maganine magazine to the suppliers, you only had to take the top of the label at the front off and the newsache it was responsible to throw the rest of the magazine. So the exclusive private boys school that I went to benefit from a lot of free deliveries, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, do you mean the top shelf magazines.
Speaker 10: Yes, the top shelf magazine in the plastic bags that were out of reach of anyone under eighteen.
Speaker 2: You you would like some sort of dealer in the school yard, something like that. First ones on me.
Speaker 10: Yes, it was very interesting.
Speaker 3: And did nannon Pa think that it was all those magazines.
Speaker 2: As long as he gave him fifty percent of the money, that didn't care.
Speaker 3: It's their idea.
Speaker 2: His granddad was enforcer who was something like that. Interesting. All right, thank you very much, Tony, Oh my, Tony, Jeanine, good morning, good morning, Good morning, Jeanine. Which one are you calling it about? Three top at this morning? I could have rage, Oh yeah, what have you destroyed?
Speaker 1: Not me?
Speaker 14: My ex husband, who was a very passionate Richmond supporter back in the day, used to break the remote controls when they were losing.
Speaker 2: I guess it's actually quite a few years ago. Not on current form.
Speaker 14: No, not current form.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 14: Back in the day when probably in the nineties, when Richmond went doing so welly day story glory days, and when the foxtail remotes were at hands reach, they wouldn't make it to the to the I used to have the case of few speir remotes so that I could replace them.
Speaker 2: It must be just a mess at the end of another lack luster season, just a sort of whole mountain of demolished remotes.
Speaker 3: Have really been full, you could judge the.
Speaker 2: Season by the amount of broken remotes.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 5: It wasn't.
Speaker 14: It wasn't pretty those years.
Speaker 2: All right, Jennin, thank you very much the story.
Speaker 1: Have a good day, a good Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Three, Topic Tuesday, Taking your calls this morning, Shive, good morning.
Speaker 15: Good morning. So my sister and I we got stuck in a doghouse in the snow.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is severe. What do you need a doghouse like a kennel's.
Speaker 15: It was a kennel. We had spent the morning pretending to be dogs cool, and we went into the kennel of course, to go to our bed, and the wind blew the door shut and the lunch slammed down. Although to this day my sister swears one of the dogs jumped up in a time legs slammed the door.
Speaker 2: The dog pranked you both. You like it so much. The fun experience.
Speaker 3: It's there, uprising, how we tuck the humans and we're in charge.
Speaker 15: Well, we were in there for about three minutes before my sister started panicking and she actually started eating the dog food inside the feral dogs for.
Speaker 2: Civilization and break down.
Speaker 15: Second, it was just broken down. There was nothing we could do, and she was chanting, We're going to die in here, We're going to die in here.
Speaker 2: I'm start this is terrifying.
Speaker 15: I was about eight at the time and she was about three, so I was trying to be the calm one and I was ripping bits of wood off the roof trying to get to open the latch through the tiny little gap. We were in there for about three hours before my dad finally came out. And of course he did remember that he had kids at some point. We hadn't factored that in for three hours.
Speaker 2: Was she like? Because sometimes someone that happens to a kid and they become claustrophobic as an adult, well.
Speaker 15: Both of us had become claustrophobic. I will say she wanted to a bit of a catatonic spoke state for a few days. But she's fine now and we regularly laugh about the time we got stuck in the doghouse when you go.
Speaker 2: And visit her, because she's still Is she all right now? I can't stop thinking about your poor little sister. Is fine?
Speaker 15: Fake dog kettle for Christmas?
Speaker 2: You do that with someone who ran into a catatonic state.
Speaker 15: I was just trying to show my love for her. We've gone through such an experience together.
Speaker 2: When you rescue hostages have been changed to radio for ten years, their mates don't give them a radiator as a funny Christmas present, and.
Speaker 3: Then you serve her dog food life.
Speaker 2: Oh my words, shift, what a story. Thank you very much, Pinks.
Speaker 15: Have a good day, guys.
Speaker 1: Christian Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Have give you two? Weather been up on the Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Star No, no, not yet.
Speaker 2: Do we know anyone who has. I've just seen a press release from them. It's reopening tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I remember my brother got my mum a ticket to the Melbourne Staff for Christmas. Ones just one, just one, just for your mark. Yep, just for my mum, not even a double.
Speaker 2: You can only experience this alone in your own private cabin. Which is you win? There? That good a little bug. It's reopening tomorrow. I didn't realize it'd been obviously the year we've had it been temporary grounded for two hundred and thirty one days. Yeah, it's one of those tourist attractions here which no one really bigs up to.
Speaker 3: They should. We do it as a team has been a team building See what it's actually.
Speaker 2: Like, Jack, I was terrified. I've been up in that London Eye, yeah, which is about eight times big. That that is terrifying. Wouldn't you be terrified?
Speaker 3: You're all you're in the capture, you can't fall out or anything.
Speaker 2: People get come. There's sometimes those big old wheels, don't they. I'm sure the Melbourne Star is absolutely fine. They've got the old w D four after you know, two hundred years. But anyway, reopens tomorrow. If you want to get yourself down there, all right, then three tip at Tuesday this morning, we're looking for stories about what have you destroyed in a fit of rage? Did your parents own a shop? And what got stuck in? What? Andrew? Good morning, Yeah, good morning Christian Andrew. You been on the Melbourne Star.
Speaker 9: By the way, my mother in law has or wish she'd stayed on it.
Speaker 2: There we go, comedy folks. She's been stuck in there for two hundred and thirty one days, Andrew.
Speaker 3: Andrew checked a spanner in it.
Speaker 2: She's really angry as well. And Andrew, which topic you're cooling in about?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 9: My daughter actually had a really a bug stuck in a rear or more living in area?
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, oh you hear about this.
Speaker 9: We were camping down at Port Fairy. She had chicken pox and there was one of the saws in her ear at birth, so we covered it with tape New Ye's Eve. She was crying all night. We'd all been drinking too much. We couldn't take her up to the hospital. So the next morning I got up to the hospital and the book doctor said there's something living in her ear, And I said, you know what, what what? What is it? And he goes, I don't know.
Speaker 13: So know.
Speaker 9: They flushed it out and it was the worms out of a tequila bottle, a bugget, a bugget flying in and he laid the egg and it was living on her edra eating it.
Speaker 3: Oh how long did they think it had been there?
Speaker 9: They don't know. They couldn't tell me. They actually kept it because they wanted to do a study on it to see what sort of buget.
Speaker 2: Wanted to put it in a tequila bottle and smash those shots that weekend.
Speaker 9: But yeah, it was terrible. She was screaming so full of bad parents that weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we all Andrew, thank you very much and cool no, uh, Hailey, come on in, Hey, hey going good, Haley what got stuck right here?
Speaker 5: So my four year old cousin was making a take with his mum when she turned her back at him. He started looking the bar mixed up and he accidently turned it on and got his tongue completely tangled up in the mixer.
Speaker 3: In the beaters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, how is this possible? What happened?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It was pretty hecty, that's all.
Speaker 2: And what happened? How did he get untangled?
Speaker 5: So they actually ran across the road with the mixer still attached to his tongue, and they had a nurse across the road.
Speaker 2: Did you get it off? Yes? Oh my god, there's a child attached in a mixer with his tongue.
Speaker 3: So did his m carry him and the mixer or just the mixer? And he walked along.
Speaker 5: So she's carrying him in his arms and the mixers still.
Speaker 3: Attached to the hanging off his tongue.
Speaker 2: It's just a bouncing off the pavement.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So then they that a detangle it and get it out or whatever. And then it turns out my cousin's actually dating the nurse who helped him out detangle it years later, twenty years Well.
Speaker 3: This is a twist.
Speaker 2: Hang on a minute. This is a story within a story wrapped in a mixer. So your cousin did he like twenty years later? God, she was hold that woman? I just remember that goes back on there and knocks for the second time in twenty years. Becaues, Hey, do you remember me with the mix and all that? Anyway, why don't we go out? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well it was actually at a Christmas dinner and we're like, oh, this happened when he was and they're like, oh, that was you, and there was like yeah, and they used to live opposite.
Speaker 3: Each other, right, so what's the age difference? Was she fully grown and he was a kid?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, that was the mom that was helped to me out, and then it was the mother's daughter.
Speaker 2: Were phoning, We're never going to be doing it. We are you ten and a phony grown woman? Confusion if pancakes are around everyone? Okay, Hayley, thank you very much. You call though, No, thank god, James. But I have a great day. You know, we sometimes get those stories are weakest clean to fame. Not the one with Eric Banner's sister's girlfriend, NaN's girlfriends nanny. That was one of them. Do you know who is dating her, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We have to play it back one day.
Speaker 1: Christian, Chris, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Sure your brilliant stories this morning about what got stuck? Did your parents own a shop? And what have you destroyed in a fit of rage? We got a couple of last calls. If you've got any more stories, you can email me than for tomorrow's show. Late Claw party, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Have we got here, Sylvia coome, Morning Sylvia, Good morning Christians, Sylvia, welcome to the show. Okay, what got stuck?
Speaker 16: Well, when my daughter was her hairscust stuff in those rolling days, you know, the one that go around in one direction. You can only get in, but you can't get out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, turnstiles, Yes, yes, she was born she will.
Speaker 16: She was turning around with that. She's got her head in there, but she couldn't get it out. Each time she moved, it just got tireder and tireder.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that's fright.
Speaker 16: Was so still she's she was second there for about half hour and I was thinking in my head, oh, you know, we have to doing the fiber guys to get her out a cup of feet.
Speaker 2: He waited half an hour before thinking that, I would you get that out within a minute.
Speaker 16: Well, we didn't know what to do. We didn't know what to.
Speaker 2: Get the fiber gate, I mean staring at it with your mind control turnstyle. She's still in there now. She's thirty two, she lives in the turnstile. She's got a little family of the water.
Speaker 16: Well started after all, they comes and started, and he would just lift the gate, that's just to loosen it up.
Speaker 12: And you know he's already removed the guy and that's how she got.
Speaker 16: Out right, Okay, lovely, So what's so scary though?
Speaker 2: Very Sylvia, thank you very much for cool. Thank you by now take care of mate.
Speaker 3: Sound it sounds like he removed the gate, but she's still got it stuck around her head. She was just able to leave the supermarket.
Speaker 8: Ronda, good morning, Hi Christian.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show. So your parents owned well kind of shop.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they My mum and dad ran a funeral parlor in the country. And as kids, yeah, as kids, we you know, we sort it'd be a really good idea one afternoon to dress in what they would bury somebody in these long spectacular bedeweled gowns, and we were playing in the garden and getting the money, and Dad came out saying, what are you doing in that? I'll have to bury someone in that. Then, you know, get out of those. You know, we thought we were angels and fairies, just you know, playing in the backyards.
Speaker 2: For a moment. I thought you were going to say, this could only get worse if you were using the recently deceased as like props, well, some kind of zombie play props. You know about that weekend at Bernie's Round at yours, Rhonda, Thank you very much.
Speaker 13: S girl, No worries.
Speaker 1: Bye, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We need to get those dealt with, don't we. This happened last year.
Speaker 3: I forgot that it happened last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's what we do for you guys. Last year we had a Christmas card made up with like a proper sort of Christmas scene in the front with me, Jack and Pats. We've done it again. It was a strange little photo shoot we had last week because of sums up this year, we had to all do the photo separately and have them all sort of green screened in because we're not allowed to be close to each other. We had to wear masks. We didn't want to be looking at slightly intimidating. You don't want to pin up a Christmas card with three people wearing masks of the year we've had here in Melbourne. So we were told that the only way we had to wear Christmas beards beards. But we're not dressed as Santa. We're us wearing white beards. Jack looks like he's just stepped off stage my folk band with Roy Orbison. It's the strangest Christmas card you'll have this year from maybe the stranger's radio show in the town. So actually maybe it all works. But anyway, we're signing all these cards, each one as we signed by the three of us. We did this last year and I didn't realize it would become a distraction during the show where the show. I keep forgetting that the show is happening. We're signing literally how many we got signed? A couple of hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's five hundred here.
Speaker 2: Jack and I were completely confused about where we were in the show. Just now. We're actually it's time for the time wasteter, Today's time waste for them. We have another navman for you to win this morning. The navman my censor Exil bigger and better with incredible dash cam pitchure quality. That's for the best one we get today for the antwork time waste on National Office Day? Who remembers the office anyway? National Office Day? We're looking for your office songs. Let's go back to the nineties. I want to desk you up. What's the Matt economy bad? Do you remember that that? I want to sex you up? Tiktoking down, Stop tiktoky down, stop Gold thank you? Uh? What does the facts say, Jim? That awful song gold feature next year? That's by a fax machine. What does the facts say? Just we can make that jingle simply. The desk is simply the desk silver. Tell your husband of office works. They can use that for radio adverts. Simply. The desk smells like team building spirit gold, Boom boom. I want you in my zoom Gold. What have you got, Jackie boy for office songs?
Speaker 3: Baby got blue tack?
Speaker 2: Oh so I was going to do? Baby got back space? Yours is better? Gold?
Speaker 3: You're my best pen when you really love a pen.
Speaker 2: These are so many great for the future. Office works radio.
Speaker 3: Ad hazy, shade of printer of the worst haze, printing out silver and boulevard of broken reins, paper in the printer gold.
Speaker 2: Okay, what have you got Office songs today.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today is National Office Day. Today. We celebrate this news on National Office Day with your office songs for today's at work time waster. All right, so today's time waster is office songs. Jackie boy, you're ready to mark, let's go. Jane's got a stapler. So Jane's got a gun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, staple gun would have been You just missed that.
Speaker 2: That Why not show them up on the radio. It's a nice thing, isn't it. Sorry, but not as funny as jack post the pro mark and shame. It's a new way he's doing it now.
Speaker 3: For this is an alip she threw it up.
Speaker 2: I just don't it okay, Lebron actually coming in tonight. Can't type this.
Speaker 3: Sorry, don't make it funny, does it?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Cath I tried Bohemian frax melody silver plus like Warren h It's a long way to the shop if you want paper roll silver mister Dwight's side. Oh from the Yeah to Merican office, Gold, Dutch Schultz paperback, Writer's cramp Bronze. How am I supposed to print without you? Gold Dylan, well done, Cash your Friday. I'm in love. Silver killing me micro softly Silver plus Desceradold there we go, justin Wilder. He's even putting brackets here. There's your winner right there. I like the swagger. I like the swacker Descerado. We'll see you're the voice mail Silver. Uh, I want to know what flaw this is?
Speaker 3: Oh Gold?
Speaker 2: Should I staplet or should I go silver? Anyone hit the joint there where the It wasn't done on a butcher's block, Destiny's child. I think you're ready for this Stapleer and jelly too much.
Speaker 3: I try it.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, Benny and the ink jets Gold. That's very good. Shinzana, well done, dude. Where's my stapler?
Speaker 3: It's not a song.
Speaker 2: It neither your desk go. It's loops again. Your desk is on fire. Gold Bardroom Blitz Gold, I'm still stapling Gold plus Baby hit enter one more time. Silver in the office chair tonight Silver, Rage against the coffee machine.
Speaker 3: Coffee machine Ben not a song bronze.
Speaker 2: Boom boom, shake the boardroom silver, I can't. I can dream about you, I can dam about you. I'm your man.
Speaker 3: That Jack Gold all right?
Speaker 2: Who is winning? That delicious and that is the right word. And have man Benny in the ink jet Benny and injects well done, tough luck justin you weren't the winner, right there, Tyler, Today's show is the Illicit Lunch. We started the show by talking about Jack's got an ear affection. If you haven't had an ear infection, they're just they're a paint's a night men. You don't feel like you're quite your sound.
Speaker 3: It's a constant annoyance. I feel like it's really easy. I want to get something in there, and but you're not allowed. She said, don't put anything in, not even a cue tip, not even a tissue.
Speaker 2: What's that? Do you remember? Not thinking of people used to say, don't think in your rear bigger than your own elbow. I didn't even understand what that means. And then Patsy, what can you share? What your advice was? Getting his wife to do one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you blow in your ear and all the cool air just aises all the itch in the.
Speaker 2: Works.
Speaker 4: Because Chris used to to get a lot.
Speaker 8: Of the ear.
Speaker 2: I love God, blow in your ear, say this all out your ear infection? Oh okay, sure that old trick. Yeah there was a wax build up. Let's not end like that. Jackie Boys off to a warehouse in the middle of nowhere to sign one thousand Hamish and Handy books.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right. No, this wasn't enough. I guess signing five hundred Christmas cards for our fans. Today I got to go sign a thousand books for Hamish and Andy and they're not even signing it as well.
Speaker 2: Just you just me, that is boys, Well think of me. In twenty minutes time, I'm off to wrestle an alligator. I'm interviewing Eddie McGuire. It will be like that slippery customer on tomorrow's show. We've had Frost Nixon, O'Connell McGuire. It's the big interview tomorrow, so we are. I am actually chatting to Eddie mcguan about twenty minutes time. You can hear that on tomorrows show. Also tomorrows show, we're back with your weakest claim to fame. So I asked Eddie for his robbly so here's nothing but fame, is he He's like an epicenter of fame. Right in the middle of Hollywood is Eddie mcgui. Also, you can email us Lately Party about any more stories they tell we didn't have time to get to day on the phones. Thank you very much. Sure as stories, We'll see you tomorrow
Speaker 1: To Christian O'Connell Show podcast