Speaker 1: You're on the pickup. Welcome back Thursday afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks for being here. Right now rushing to Chemists Warehouse to get half price off the so Novas vitamin range. It excludes bulk sizes Chemists Warehouse, great savings every day now it is Thursday. You know what we do on Thursday's gals?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: My favorite?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: Ask?
Speaker 3: So Ask Uncut is something that we do on our podcast Life on Cut, and that is where you call in and you give us your problems, your dilemmas, your deepest, darkest issues, and we do our best to answer them.
Speaker 1: We really do try, don't We got Oscar to We do our best. I have a punt Oscar. Are you're on with us?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: What's your question? What do you need to help with?
Speaker 2: Hi? Guys, I just have a question. So I was together with my man for like five years and like we've recently just broken up. And the whole issue is we got a dog together. He did pay for the dog at the time, but in that space we were together, I was the one walking there. I was the one feeding it, like I would say this, the one taking care of the dog. So in the breakup. I took the dog with me because I was like, I raised him essentially.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now that we've broken up and he things have come down a little bit.
Speaker 2: He has this idea that he can just come and see our dog whatever he wants. So, like, I'll be at work and he'll just text me and go, hey, I've just picked up the dog. We've gone for a walk in cases in case we were not here when you come home. I feel a little uncomfortable by this.
Speaker 3: Wait, how does he get into your house? How does he just pick the dog up my.
Speaker 2: House doesn't know who he is and goes, oh, yeah, cool the dogs? About that?
Speaker 1: Listen, I've got an interesting take on this. I think it's okay if you're okay with an Oscar, Like if you two were at a point where you think you've healed, you've gotten over each other, then if it's essentially co parenting. But do you feel your on your healing journey? Are you over him? Are you still wanting to see him that much?
Speaker 2: I mean not much, se icillly, it's still quite fresh.
Speaker 4: It's been like, well, it's been like three or four since we've broken up, and you know, I'm more than happy for him to call me and go, hey, I want to see I want to see Coco.
Speaker 2: Can can? Like? Can you drop in here? Like? I'm more than happy for that bit of communication. But do I really need to be okay with him turning up to my house and staying hard to my house mate and saying, hey, can I take Can I take Coco for a walk? Or can I take him to my place? I think without me being there?
Speaker 5: No, Actually you don't have to be especially like if you think of how long a dog lives for right, it could live up for fifteen years.
Speaker 3: It's a kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a long time for you to have this shared communication and shared custod If you.
Speaker 3: Can co parent comfortably and it's not causing anyone anguish, then go for it. But co parenting a dog just sounds way too hard. The only thing I question is if he's only coming when you're not home. So, for example, if he's like texting a housemate, if he picks a dog up, drops the dog back before you get home and you're none the wiser to it, are you okay with that level of contact or is it more so when he has to message you and then it upsets your day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd be getting the free dog walker if you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's what I thought. But a couple of my friends were telling me that it shouldn't be like, it shouldn't be an issue. He should be free to come and get his dog. But I just don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's okay, Like I really think, you know, and it's got nothing to do with payment, Like, I mean, I raised the things, like I'm the one that taught it how to do a good old fashioned toilet troop.
Speaker 2: Like, I just feel like that there needs to be some kind of communication. He's just not listening to me.
Speaker 1: You should just train it to like shit on his leather goods, you know, just like training it to be a really spiteful dog. I don't know what's happened to Coco's habits, but he's gotten really bad recently.
Speaker 3: He's really acting out in the divorce and in the breakup.
Speaker 1: Kids do that. I hope we can hope we can help you there and co Coke can sleep it.
Speaker 3: I couldn't think of anything worse than co parenting a dog. I mean, I don't it my parenting kids is so hard for some people, co parenting a dog now just get a new dog.
Speaker 5: My parents are dogs and I had to give it up. Really, yeah, you can't do it. You cannot do it.
Speaker 3: Only for a period of time. There's always someone still hanging on of the pet.
Speaker 1: Also, it's more than pets. Breakups are heard. I'm still fighting over a smeake blender with my ex.
Speaker 3: Let him have the blender?
Speaker 1: Which wants to blender?
Speaker 3: Are you co parenting the blender? Now?
Speaker 1: We sure one week his pulse. I get it for smoothie mode. If you want to get in touch and if you've got an as gun cut of your own d MS at the pickup on Instagram and we'll get you on