Speaker 1: Hello, my name's Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud yr the Order Kerni Whoalbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through as this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money, She's on the Money.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to She's on the Money. Need the podcast for housemates who want financial freedom from their other housemates. Today is Friday, which means it is time to get my little team together. We've got Beck Sayed and Miss Jess Gricci and we today, as always, are celebrating our beautiful She's on the Money community. Today we're going to be sharing or I say we because I want you and I Beck to be in on what Jess is bringing to the table. But Jess will be sharing our favorite money wins. You have another broke tip for us, We're going to be helping to answer a juicy money dilemma, which this week is all about channeling funds to pay down debt more effectively. And we're going to be unpacking a message that you slid into our DMS about which this week we're talking about splitting bills in the sharehouse. And I have an inkling of how this is going to go because we had a slightly heated conversation about olive oil before the show started recording. But we're not gonna, you know, say names or blame ex housemates. That's all good.
Speaker 4: Beck.
Speaker 2: How has your week been? What have you been up to?
Speaker 5: My week has been real, cruzy, cruzy, crazy, almost too crazy.
Speaker 6: I'm wondering more? Am I missing?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, it's pay week? You got paid?
Speaker 6: Ah? Yes, yeah, yes, not stressed anymore?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, how did you go give us an update for fifteen dollars? And like what was it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Thirty one cents?
Speaker 6: It was thirty three cents?
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, fifteen dollars and thirty three cents that you had to live off for the last week? Did we do it?
Speaker 6: Need it?
Speaker 2: Of course you need it. Nobody doubted you.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much. But you know it's because I'm a single person. I don't have any dependence. I'm very lucky that way. So I made it work. It lasted the whole week. I even had a few cents left at the end.
Speaker 2: I love this. We should do like a little join beck on a frugal week. Yeah, like not necessarily just pay week, but like we all do one week where we are as frugal as possible and we can like calculate how much we save as a team or like as a community. Everybody else can join in as well and see how much we could actually save him one week. Because if anything is impossible to me, it's one of those no spend months that people on social media do.
Speaker 4: Yes, I always have wanted to be one of those people, and I just simply never have A.
Speaker 2: Month is not going to work. But do you reckon? You could commit to a week?
Speaker 4: Give it a crack.
Speaker 2: I think we could do a week and then we're just going to use beck A's gospel and be like beck, what would you do?
Speaker 4: Beck?
Speaker 2: How do we make this work? Beck? What's our grocery list this week? Lack for the most budget options? I love better belief but do you know what I'm going to fail all in?
Speaker 4: That sounds really fun. Maybe we'll work on ptting that together so we can do it as a community.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 6: I want great idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had to give a catchy name so if anyone has a catchy name for Beck's Broke Week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some sort of challenge, something about challenging.
Speaker 4: LLB get bracelets.
Speaker 2: What would Beck do?
Speaker 4: So cute?
Speaker 2: Yes, well we're going to do you know what? I think we should workshop this later.
Speaker 6: Yeh, let's workshop it.
Speaker 2: Jessica, how's your week being really good?
Speaker 4: It's very quiet because of this is enjoying the sunny shores of Bali right now. And hello, sadly not me.
Speaker 2: I'm in Bali, but I have tuned in to talk about housemates because she wouldn't missed it. Don't tempt me with a good time.
Speaker 6: I mean who wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Literally not me, not me. I'm here with bells on, so let's jump into it. It's been a good week, especially for me. I have heard that it was also a good week for our community. Jess what money wins have you pulled out of the community to share?
Speaker 4: My first money win this week comes from Micah, who said I paid off my small after pay balance with money from selling clothes that I don't wear that I used after pay to buy, and I have now closed my after pay A pound for good when very good, full circle moment. You love that. My next money win comes from Samantha, who said I went up a skill step at my performance review, which means a pay increase plus the four point five percent pay increase the Union campaign for means my fortnightly income is about to go up. Plus I got my tax done and thanks to all my study deductions, I should be getting a decent refund tax time. We love to see it. Next, I've got a money win from Katie, who said I sold a washing machine on Facebook marketplace for seventy five dollars three years ago. I paid fifty dollars for it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you got a money win.
Speaker 4: What's that twenty five dollars profit three years later?
Speaker 2: The capital gainstow.
Speaker 4: We love it. Next, I've got a money win from Chavon, who said not having to worry about AFL finals this year is a money win. Freeman's were breaking my heart again, Not so much.
Speaker 2: That's a winner. Or we can be friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Next I have a money loss from Cass, who said confession, emotional and stress spending has been intense. So I have a date with my budget tonight to reinstate some boundaries and make myself a plan. I love this normal calling off the horse and getting back on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't stay on the horse all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like we actually have two brain cells between us and they're both competing for third place.
Speaker 4: Lastly, this week, I have a money win from Amy. He said, I forgot my lunch today and I wasn't keen to pay for takeaway, but I found a long forgotten frozen meal in the freezer at work. Money. Yes, and that was getting me.
Speaker 2: That's good, that's real good.
Speaker 4: That was giving me. BB. I was right, good one to finish on.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that we should bring that back BB.
Speaker 5: Never one away true might be new or have forgotten.
Speaker 2: BBA is big back energy. Ye Oh, I love I love it.
Speaker 7: BB.
Speaker 2: Speaking of bringing some BB to this show, Yes, spex broke.
Speaker 5: Tips Okay, BBT, you are great a segways BBT.
Speaker 4: It's like a BLT, but more frugal, yes, more tasty bacon.
Speaker 2: It's mainly just free cheese and bread from the cafeteria.
Speaker 5: Exactly, exactly. So all right, first one I'm going to start off with, We're ready from this feels very aggressive.
Speaker 6: Let me bring this back. I got this pen in my hand and I'm pointing every I'm just going to be.
Speaker 2: Very could you please let me relax?
Speaker 5: Sorry me, Oh my goodness, you don't need my pad pointing at you from Bali in Bali. Okay, So this one is from Terry who actually, after a little bit of digging, realized this one is initially from my Millennial Money. Stole it from Different Money, Yeah, which is like penultimate broke tips.
Speaker 2: So we're kind of really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Is heaping here but being very budget but taking from Glenn James's community.
Speaker 6: Glenn, sorry, Glenny.
Speaker 2: He feels very generous of us taking from the.
Speaker 4: Reach to give to the poor.
Speaker 6: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 5: No, but this is a really really good tip from Terry. So this can kill a lot of birds with one stone. So if you go to the website, you can find one hundred and ninety nine plus freebies for your birthday. So what you do is you sign up with all these places so you'll find this on the My Millennial Money website. Basically, you can either do this for yourself on your birthday, go around and get a bunch of.
Speaker 2: Freebies stunning, eat free the whole day.
Speaker 5: Or if you have a child and you want to do something that's a little bit cheap you can't really afford gifts, or you can't really afford to take them out or have a party, take that child out and get them all a bunch.
Speaker 6: Of free stuff.
Speaker 2: Genius.
Speaker 6: Everywhere you go, you'll find it.
Speaker 5: You know, there's that boost smoothie that you can get that's free on your birthday.
Speaker 4: There's free ice cream Baskin Robins.
Speaker 5: You used to love a Baskin Robins absolutely so you can find so many places that offer something free for your birthday. So check it out on the My Millennial Money website. That is a mouthful.
Speaker 2: How much to glean pay you to get his ad on our podcast?
Speaker 6: Lots of money and that's why I was able to survive last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's obviously lots of money because he spent it all on his boat, didn't he.
Speaker 7: Oh my.
Speaker 2: Goodness, I'll be glad. Please don't hate me, come on show again. Meet your tips and tricks. Please please, please please.
Speaker 4: The next one comes from.
Speaker 6: At Lease I Love I Love Alise.
Speaker 5: So Alise kind of says, if you're eating at a friend's house or a family member's house, this is something I did mention last week that I did want to also say this week, really reiterating it really yes, yes, yes, it was intended for this week. Accidentally slipped up but didn't give credit to Elise. So when you're eating at a friend's house, you're eating anywhere really where there are takeaway options available, maybe you have with lunch at work or something like that. Personally, I get way too lazy to take stuff home, especially because I live in a sharehouse. I'm like, I only have one little compartment in the fridge. I don't have space for all this stuff. If you have the ability to take freebies where you can, wherever that may be. If you're going and eating somewhere, if you want to take takeaway, if you want to get a doggie bag for one French fry, do it.
Speaker 6: If you're eating at a restaurant, I should say, would just french fry.
Speaker 2: If you can fit in French fry in a separate stomach for French fries Beck.
Speaker 4: That's fair because they always say do you want to take it home? And I always just go.
Speaker 2: They'll give you free takeaway containers which you can wash out as well. In news yes exactly. Yeah, so those are the community broke tips.
Speaker 6: My personal one is this.
Speaker 5: App that's called petrol Spy. So basically down with this app, have it on your phone if you're driving around. I kind of use it more so if I'm driving to Sydney, for example, and you know that the highway petrol stations can kind of like really bump the prices up. I'll put in petrol spy the places that I'm going. I'll have a look around and see if there are towns on my way that yes, yes. But you can use it anytime you can.
Speaker 2: I do not want to drive to Sydney.
Speaker 4: Don't push it too late, as someone who's broken down on the highway, true one state to another. Don't push it too late. Hey you later.
Speaker 5: But yes, downloaded petrol spy and you can see kind of like when the last time someone registered a price, so you won't go there and it's like all of a sudden, twenty cents more or something. You can't figure out if it's quite recent.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that. And the more people that use it, obviously the more updated the price.
Speaker 6: That's clear.
Speaker 2: Ooh love one. All right, guys, let's go to a really quick break on the flip side. I want to talk to you about how to channel funds to pay down your debts, and we get to talk about how to split bills in a sharehouse, which I think is going to be a very fun olive oil discussion. Don't go anywhere, guys.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, guys. Let's take a listen to the money dilemma.
Speaker 2: Hi there, have you got a money dilemma you just can't solve? The Sheese on the Money team is here to help. Every week, we tackle your dilemmas, both big and small, to answer your most burning money, career and life questions. To get involved, simply head to our website and leave us a short voice recording and you might just find yourself on the show. Now, let's take a listen to this week's money dilemma.
Speaker 4: Hi there.
Speaker 7: My money dilemma is that at the moment, I'm a freelance acrobat and very lucky that I have an investment property. But my dilemma is around looking at my help debt, and whether it is more beneficial to put fifty dollars a month into repaying my help debt, or should I be putting that money towards investing or should I be putting it towards.
Speaker 6: More rescular repayments my mortgage. Any help would be best.
Speaker 7: I can't really spare more than the fifty a month to go all three ways, and any advice would be great.
Speaker 2: I just freelance Acrobat. That is not where I thought this is a case is going to go.
Speaker 4: That's the best job we've ever had.
Speaker 2: So I tried to be real pervy and I go googled freelance Acrobat income.
Speaker 4: And imagine there's not a lot of data out there.
Speaker 2: No, it just comes up with Adobe going how to find a side hustle from home and how to download this free pdfreda. I'm not telling me how much she earns, and to be honest, I'm not gonna put in the time and the energy to understanding that because it doesn't matter what she earns. She did tell us how much she has left over. Yes, so Beck Jess, yes you've got some extra dosh at the end of the month. How would you be viewing it is that something that you're putting against your hex Is that something that you're putting against your home loan? I didn't realize she sounded quite young. You're a freelance acrobat with your own investment property.
Speaker 6: Pretty imagine?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: True, really that's so cool.
Speaker 2: This is maybe an untapped industry change curious?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes, please, no, well you please go ahead.
Speaker 5: I feel like you've I don't have hex steps, so it must be nice.
Speaker 4: I can't get invested.
Speaker 2: Must be us. We're at the same table. Well, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm just gonna parrot what I feel like I've always heard you say. Okay, I don't know, I don't know if that's fair. You want to go for I'm Victoria. To fine, Hello's Victoria speaking, But she picks.
Speaker 2: Up the phone. That made me feel a little bit. How don't you pick up the phone?
Speaker 4: Hello? You say Victoria in a really specific way when you pick up the phone. I feel like I've said this to you before.
Speaker 2: Hello, it's Victoria speaking, Victoria Like it's like that's my name.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're saying it's Victoria. But you can just drop in the tea and you go Victoria.
Speaker 2: How do you enter the phone? Hello? Don't you say your name?
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was drilled into me as a child to answer the phone politely. Hello, this is Victoria speaking. I help you, like my house was made of customer service, but like people.
Speaker 6: Are calling you so they know it's Victoria speaking.
Speaker 4: Let's get back on track.
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry, our producer is like you guys are off the hook.
Speaker 4: Like the phone when you lived at home, and it was.
Speaker 2: Like to get off the phone. I want to go on MSN.
Speaker 4: Took me a second, but I got there. Okay. Anyway, to parrot what I have heard Victorious a many times before, I believe is that hector is the one debt that dies with you, which is a little morbid, but if you die, it disappears, doesn't get passed on to anybody. Actually, you know what, now that the hex indexation is higher, perhaps this is a smadge different, But typically we would have or I would have thought, the answer was the potential rate of return on an investment, generally speaking, may or may not be higher than the debt that you would be occurring on a hex debt, which then also disappears when you die. So like most people wouldn't priorities paying it off historically. I don't know where we sit now that the hex is index, now that the hex is indexation, now that you.
Speaker 2: Know that the hex has been index, yeah, I can see why it was challenging.
Speaker 4: My one brain cell? Is you jumping your all?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Can I please take the brain cell button and have a turn?
Speaker 6: I would love that you have the brain cell now.
Speaker 2: So it really depends obviously on your own financial goals. It's not necessarily what is better, because we could do a whole heap of mats that tells you that the best asset class in Australia to invest in that has the highest return is actually shares, But that doesn't mean that's what you want to buy. Like, go over to justice side of the table and I say put your house deposit in shares. She's gonna say, absolutely not. That is not in line with my values. So just because something has the best return does not mean it is the best for you personally. So I think starting there is really important. Jess is correct. Hex is the one thing that if you lose your income, you don't have to pay if you die. It doesn't get past your friends or your family or whoever you see your next of kin. Whereas your mortgage will obviously with HEX indexation at seven point one percent this year, people are looking at it a little bit differently, but it's going to be indexed every single year, and it has been indexed for the past few years. It's just never been at a point that has I guess catastrophically offended people enough for them to make a change. I didn't make any changes based on indexation on my HEX step because at the moment, I just really don't want to have a mortgage, so I'd prefer my money to go there. But if you look at the interest rate on my mortgage, which currently now is that a vomit worthy five point five percent versus my indexation on my HEX which is at seven point four one percent, what you need to remember is that seven point one percent was once off and next year it could be lower or it could be different. Whereas my mortgage is going to continue to cost me five point five percent each and every single month, which is bile. So it really depends on how you want to calculate it or work it out. But I'd sit down and go, well, what are my financial goals like is this fifty dollars going to get me closer to the holiday that I want to go on. Is that more important than getting rid of my hextet? And one of the things about hextet is it's kind of one of the only debts that doesn't stop you from borrowing more money like you can and I'm not saying that this is good, but you can get personal loans, you can get mortgages, or while you have HEX, it just changes your borrowing capacity. But you already have a mortgage and you already have that investment property. So I'm assuming that smashing down your HEX is not the biggest priority, because what happens when it's gone, right, Like, are you using that cash flow for another financial goal? If so, whilen't We're working towards it now. Like there's just lots of questions and there's no real perfect answer. It's just more well, what is more of value to you personally? And what does that look like? Because as I said, I could show you on a piece of paper what the quote best asset class return on average over the last thirty years has been, it will come out as shares. That doesn't mean that people want to do that, like exclusively with their money, so it really yeah, it depends. Sorry for that roundabout answer.
Speaker 5: If you do want a more in depth answer, you can absolutely listen to the episode that we did about Hex and Indexation are back in May, very sexy. Check it out if you want great.
Speaker 2: Love, this great app.
Speaker 4: Let's rage on good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah you ready, juicy? Are you ready? All right? So this week's community dilemma, you've slid into our dms. We are on a roll when it comes to housemate topics, so we're not gonna stop. This week's message sounded a lot like this, Ready, guys, ready, staying on trend with the roommate dilemmas, laughing, crying emoji face. I live in a house of four girls, and all of us have partners apart from one. The one who doesn't has rallied us all together and said she thinks we need to negotiate our bills as our boyfriends come over and use water and electricity, et cetera. But on the flip side, we're all gone at our boyfriend's houses half the time as well, and she's the only one during that period of time thoughts on what we should do s O S sounds like it's break even. I would say, I don't really still agreed, is that the answer? All?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Well by.
Speaker 6: That is nice. Yeah, it just sounds like like I totally get it.
Speaker 5: If if they were always at home the partners included, then I would understand that a lot more. But really it's probably negligible. I would say, if they're kind of like half at home half of the partner's house, it kind of all evens out, all comes out in the world.
Speaker 2: Like if you're having your partner stay over like three nights a week and then you're staying at their house four nights a week. Just for clarity, is yeah, they're saving one shower per week.
Speaker 5: It's yet not really probably not worth like the awkward conversation potentially a fight for you know, if you really break down the numbers, it's probably not that much.
Speaker 4: I would argue, really, if the partners, their chances are the housemate of the partner is also there, if you're sitting in the bedroom, ei there's one person in there or two, same amount of electricities being used, like Jeremy. Like the one argument I suppose could be made for shower save water shower with partner, Sure, but I don't think that could lead to a longer shower. But you know, I feel like it's not enough, that it's not as if in my mind, that's detrimentally inflating the cost of bills. And if it is, like if they're leaving lights on everywhere, maybe there's a conversation to be sure around hey, can we just be mindful that if we're jumping from one room to another, we're switching the lights off. But if the environment trial laugh, But I don't think it matters that much.
Speaker 2: Maybe the food, maybe the food situation or if the food is there, I think that's a situation. But I would also like to go back to how you negotiated the rooms to begin with, like are you paying rent based on the room that you hold or are you paying rent based on how many heads are in the house? Because I feel like this goes two roots, and every house I've ever lived in has always been you pay rent based on the room that you're in, and so like this room might be where three hundred and fifty dollars a week, and if my partner stays over, well that's part and pussle. I've now decided to share my space. However, I do see the bill thing as being an issue. I know that this could be fickle, but like from this circumstance, I look at it and go, you know what, it's easy, come, easygo, it's pretty even. But what if your boyfriend doesn't have a job and all of your housemates go to work and you go to work, and then your boyfriend's just hanging out in your house with a heater on full blast. True, like that could be an issue.
Speaker 6: That's true, that's true, we can talk about that.
Speaker 2: But that doesn't seem to be what's going on here.
Speaker 4: No, No, that would be a separate issue. I would imagine altogether.
Speaker 2: Really, why I are in my house without me?
Speaker 5: Weird change, yes, but I think, yeah, at the end of the day, if it is true, they all are kind of like sharing each other's like they're going back and forth between the partner's house and their house, and they're I don't know, not really there all the time. It kind of does even itself out, and it's not worth having the commason. However, if everyone is always at home and it's maybe like once a week one of the people go to the partner's house or you know whatever, then maybe it's worth having a look.
Speaker 4: It sounds like the third housemate, the single housemate, is feeling a bit put out. Sure, so it might even just be a symptom of a deep issue, Like she's like, there's all these people in my space, I'm the only single person. I don't know how they feel about that either way. That maybe they're just like, oh, like I signed up to have three housemates and now I have five.
Speaker 2: You know, so I feel that in my boat it.
Speaker 4: Could be like a bigger conversation to be hard. But I don't necessarily think that that means that the outcome should be everyone needs to contribute financially. Depending on the.
Speaker 2: Dynamics could be very different, right, Like, again, I've used these examples in the past. If you and I just lived together with beck and it was just the girls and we're all singled, that dynamic is very different to if three of us all have partners and our partners come over. Because I feel like there's such a different dynamic in a house because I've been through it where I get a partner and then my partner now husband comes over and we're cooking dinner together. It does feel a lot more like you're living separate lives. In the same space as opposed to historically because I lived with my best friend for a long time and we are still best friends, so it all worked out really well. I just remember when her partner would come over, because I was single at that point, I always felt like I was in their way, like I would, you know, maybe not come out of my room as often because they'd be in the kitchen cooking, and I didn't want to impose on their relationship or what they were doing or what they were cooking. And I know that that wasn't the case, because like I love both of them and vice versa. But I can see how maybe she's not feeling as comfortable in her space and maybe this is a deeper way of her saying, hey, you're spending lots of time in my space. I want some type of remuneration for this, and maybe that's where that's going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, whatever and else kind of think though.
Speaker 2: So we asked a few questions. So first things first, we said, do you live in a sharehouse where partners stay regularly? Thirteen percent said yes, all of us have partners. Seventy one percent of you said yes, some of us have partners, and sixteen percent of you said we are single ladies, and then we said if yes, have they ever contributed to bills? So like, have the partners contributed to bills? Eighty three percent said nah, not at all, twelve percent said they have once before or rarely, and six percent said they regularly contribute. Interesting, I want to know that. Then we asked the question how many visits per week warrants some cash to be coughed up. Forty seven percent of you said between five and seven visits a week. Yeah, twenty eight percent said three to four visits, two percent said one to two visits. Sir, and your boyven staying over one night a week actually missed. I would be missed. That's a good word. But twenty three percent of you said I don't think they should contribute at all. Then there was lots of responses. I feel like they've been quite similar to ours. Someone said that poor girl having to live with up to three extra people in the house.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: This is where we're different. I'd be like, get out of my house, how are you? I did not consent to this cozy.
Speaker 4: I think it depends on where that person is sitting, because I've been in a house situation. There was three of us, two of us have partners, one of us did not, and the person who did not have a partner, I think was in the place where she wanted a partner, and so I feel like that compounded the thing she was feeling a little bit. So I think she like she never said anything about it, but.
Speaker 2: One today partner wanted your partner. They could be very different dynamics. Well that's it.
Speaker 4: You just you don't know, you don't know what they're feeling, you don't know what they're thinking.
Speaker 2: Roun you should move out on your own. Someone else said, if the other housemates are gone half the time, it kind of evens out. Nothing should be paid.
Speaker 4: Agreed.
Speaker 2: Someone said, it looks like that housemate just needs to be shown some more love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe they're feeling left out. Maybe, But also again, like it's it comes back to it's not other people's responsibility.
Speaker 2: Someone said, one hundred percent, they should contribute if they're they're for a majority of the time. I have a similar story. I'm going to message it to you can't wait. Someone said, if they're staying over, then I'd say they're just as good as living there too. I don't know I just feel like it's all about timing. Like I started having a conversation with my now husband about whether he should be contributing at my sharehouse when I lived in a sharehouse and we just met because we started staying over a lot of nights per week, and ultimately we were like, actually, let's just move in with each other. So that is good. I mean, so far, so good. We've been together four years, we're married, but like, I probably wouldn't recommend moving in with your partner if you've been dating for less than a year. I'm kind of a Gohard go home girl, you know. I love that love that love that someone else said if they're having meals a slash using food, they should definitely contribute there as I'm assuming it is shared. I think condiments are a big source of contention.
Speaker 6: True.
Speaker 2: In a home we spoke about the olive oil toilet papers that yes, toilet paper everywhere. Housemates used to dodge it or like get really annoyed. Miffed is the word of the day. If you had not bought the right toilet paper even though well broke you unie students and Okay, now now that you have this solid income, Jessica, you've been to my house. You know I buy quilt. We're not going to have this conversation. But as a poor UNI student, I'm sorry. I'm not going to be spending that.
Speaker 6: Can't buy Who gives a crap?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, that's not that soft.
Speaker 6: Who gives a crap?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Not, that's it's not meant to be. Oh, it's recycled.
Speaker 2: Someone else said, look, it's a fair request. If usage has increased, your power bills together and look at your spend over the last three months and see if it's increased. That's fair.
Speaker 6: That is a very good idea.
Speaker 4: That's a very good.
Speaker 2: Idea to finance. Yeah. I feel like I've done this a few times, like with different team members who have had housemates situations. I'm like, okay, well I'll sit down and I'll calculate it for you. No worries. We don't let you know exactly what is atually fair and equitable, and you can take that back to the team and let them know that I'm in on this too. Now it goes very well. Someone else said, to cover any discrepancies in bills as they are paid, set an amount that you put into a shared Kitty, this was really important for me to also have it in writing. I feel like that was from experience. Maybe we've been there before.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 2: Someone else said, can you please add I'm just here to read the results because I'm nosy and I don't want to contribute.
Speaker 6: I do the same thing I do apology.
Speaker 2: Can you just to answer our questions?
Speaker 4: Say you know the results, answer the.
Speaker 2: Poll, answer the poll, don't skew our data. Contribute and I mean we always have no answer. Just contribute because our content is free. Free take our data collection as payment, not adding it. You know what we've done for.
Speaker 4: Luid just angry.
Speaker 2: I'm not angry. I just think if you're the housemate in the house that and bought olive oil recently, it's time to pick some up. Essentially love Public.
Speaker 4: Serfs announcement for She's on Money.
Speaker 2: PA have the best weekend. Guys. We will see you for a money diary on Monday. Bye guys, Hi, guys.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 2: The advice shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial advice tailored towards your needs. Victoria, Divine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of Money Sherper Pty Ltd ABN three two one is six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFSL four five one two eight nine
Speaker 5: The Way that You Want Me