Speaker 1: Showtime.
Speaker 2: It was like a game of squid game that's actually imagining the extinct bird on a pizza baseman.
Speaker 3: Boyles wins one thousand dollars on this.
Speaker 1: Show, The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four bins three.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, Christian O'Connell Show. It's Friday morning. On today's show, your final chances to get your hands your messages on the billboards of Melbourne. Today we're giving a billboard away for today, one for tomorrow and one for Sunday or before that. Happy Friday, Patsy, Hello, Happy Friday, Jackie Morning Team. What is everyone doing this week? Cared, what have you got on? What are you looking forward to? Patrina?
Speaker 4: Well, you know what.
Speaker 5: Odds Now, she's extended her ballet classes on a Saturday, which means effectively she's got four hours of lessons.
Speaker 4: Loves it.
Speaker 5: So she does a classical spell for the balls she loves it, which runs into jazz. So it's like this massive chunk and Christian For the first time in like twenty nearly twenty four years of marriage, we find we're looking at one another thinking we've got all this literally like nearly a whole day to.
Speaker 2: Get dancing from dawn to glass.
Speaker 4: So we've started this thing where we have another.
Speaker 3: Way ballet goes into jazz. So someone hands take off the shoes, but the tap shoes off and the top half records scratch.
Speaker 5: So we've turned that Saturday afternoon into date afternoon. And it's time we're do need to No, you don't know, it's.
Speaker 3: Nothing like doesn't come a knocking if ballets are rocking.
Speaker 2: But it's just.
Speaker 4: Time for us to stop down and actually, jack what are you ask.
Speaker 3: A nice little bit? Stopped down?
Speaker 5: I meant we like make an effort to do something each week. So tomorrow we're going out to shadow facts whine. We were going to have a nice lunch.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. We we used to have a rule when we go out, we go let's let you know, we talk about the kids all the time when we come out the weekend, let's not. You'll get about five minutes before you stumble into something about it. You have to try and have a rule not to talk about the five minutes.
Speaker 4: What do you think she's doing well?
Speaker 2: Dancing all day?
Speaker 3: Stop, Jackie boy, what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 2: I'll be up at the break of dawn tomorrow as the sun comes up. But what will I be doing?
Speaker 3: What will he be doing?
Speaker 2: I can't tell you yet. I will tell you because it's got to do with my double thumbs up. The program that I'm giving a mention this morning.
Speaker 3: Some new route obviously, some new golden our get up early and make the most of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're on to me, Christian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you meditating? No? No, no, forest bathing, forest bathing, Get naked in a forest and lie down. That's what I do every Saturday and Sunday morning.
Speaker 4: That's why he's getting a carav Is that good for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I've got no idea. All right, God one of four point three. We'll come back and we get into Double thumbs.
Speaker 1: Up the Christian O'Connell show podcast, if.
Speaker 3: We go around the team, which is about the things we're into at the moment. Patsy, what's it for you make? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I wanted to touch on this week. There's a really great local business here in Melbourne out at Campbellfield who is leading a local recovery effort for Turkey and Syria for that earthquake they've had this week. I'm sure, like me, you're just heartbroken by the scenes that we're seeing on the telly.
Speaker 4: It's just it's awful.
Speaker 5: But what they're doing. They've got a big fundraising drive and you can drop off brand new tense blankets, sleeping bags and they've organized containers and also airlines to ferry it over to Turkey in Syria. That's a credible it's a local butchery. It's just a local butchery. Their name is Sultan Halal Meets. They're in Barry Road there in Campbellfield have been doing that. This is fantastic. Honestly, they're just a local business. I think they are a Turkish family who could have relatives over there caught up in it. So it please if you've got anything, but it does need to be new because of quarantine rules, so tense blankets, sleeping bags just drive around the back a couple of times.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they're on Barrier Road, it's Sultan Hellal Meets and you can drop it off between eight am and nine pm.
Speaker 4: And I really think they deserve to get a mention because that is just incredible.
Speaker 5: Just you know, local business is doing it so tough right now and yet they've taken the time out to do this, and I think I think it's a wonderful thing they're doing. So if you've got time this weekend, drop something off. The other thing we did touch on Mary Poppins. It is a beautiful production. Just be mindful of the tickets in that when you buy them, get sort of like front of house because it's it's tremendous. It's like a big what are you laughing at?
Speaker 4: It's like a just be.
Speaker 2: Mindful front of houses. Well, you can't usually buy backstage bus.
Speaker 5: No, it will just be my I'm full of the theater of what you're buying because you may not see all the tricks and acts.
Speaker 4: But it's a beautiful production if.
Speaker 3: You can see it.
Speaker 4: If you can see it or take a periscope, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: The last thing you want to do is buy one of those seats where you can see the cable and she's not really wow.
Speaker 5: That's actually what happens. Well, because she flies over the audience.
Speaker 4: We couldn't see a thing and the.
Speaker 3: Audience you couldn't see it.
Speaker 4: We couldn't see it from our seats.
Speaker 3: Take people's word for it.
Speaker 4: No, well we kind of knew it happened.
Speaker 3: And order is I want that review on the poster, we kind of view it happened.
Speaker 2: So Mary Pubbins takes off with the.
Speaker 4: Umbrella in fate, you know, in first position. Like Mary does off, she goes.
Speaker 5: The first position and you can hear all the audience going ah oh, and we couldn't see a thing. And then Bert the chimney sweeper, This is incredible. He actually literally goes up the side of the stage, across the top, upside down tap dances.
Speaker 4: In the middle.
Speaker 3: What's yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: Couldn't say a thing, could not see it from where we were.
Speaker 2: So a man tap dancing up you couldn't see it.
Speaker 4: You couldn't say it. So that's what's not.
Speaker 3: Saying Lebron this week you were there, I couldn't see any of.
Speaker 4: It behind a big please please go. It's absolutely extraordinary.
Speaker 3: To let perats you know what it's like to see a human being?
Speaker 4: Tell me what it's like.
Speaker 3: You need to go back just to see those two scenes are sound incredible.
Speaker 5: Couldn't say it, and not because I'm sure, but because of the pillar.
Speaker 4: So just just be mindful.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you misunderstood it's a man tap dancing on the ceiling.
Speaker 4: No, I know it happened. I know it happened, but we couldn't say it.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's fuming about this is just be mindful.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get into Jack and ize double thumbs up this week, Jack, what are you enjoying?
Speaker 2: On Disney Plus, there's this Chris Hemsworth doco called Limitless where he tests his body against all types of stresses and strains to see how long he can live for. It's a longevity goal that he's got. Yeah, great, did they live for or lift for? He actually does do a lot of lifting as well, but know how long he can live for?
Speaker 3: It's eternal. Yeah, he wants eternal flame and the eternal ham much.
Speaker 2: He just wants to get the most out of his time on planet Earth. It reminds me a bit of Todd Sampson's Body Hack that was great from a few years ago. But essentially he talks to experts each episode and they're like, all right, well you can you can try to implement this in your diet, you can try to do this to reduce your stress, et cetera, et cetera. The one that caught my eye is Sudden We've talked about before cold and heat exposure. Remember, for a little bit we would doing the cold share in the morning.
Speaker 3: Try I still do one in the afternoons to wake up because after I've had a nap. If you if you have to have a power in the afternoon, it's horrible. It seems like an hour to become human.
Speaker 2: Well, that's great for your longevity. According to episode two of Limitless.
Speaker 5: Eternal Data, doesn't matter what time of day you have it though, or he doesn't.
Speaker 2: No, he's just gonna Chris Hamsworth is going to do three ice baths a week, so you choose when you want to do it. So Sunday morning, we're going around to my mate Jackson's town.
Speaker 3: Good for you.
Speaker 2: He's got a hot tub in his backyard. We're going to go cycle from the hot tub into his child's shell pool, which we're going to put ice and water in to make a little mini ice bar.
Speaker 3: Go easy, because that is one thing about having a cold shower. But those ice spars everyone's getting. You gotta be really careful.
Speaker 2: Just what am I careful of or just because.
Speaker 3: You can go into a shock quite quickly. Because the thing that makes sure you go like this with your breath. That's because your coulters are was flooding your body. And so I would literally when I start a cold shower, I just tell myself, I'm going to go in there for ten breaths. Once you've had ten breasts, your body regulates and you can stay for a bit. But that's a cold shower getting all of those ice bars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what happened to him. And he was up in the north Pole swimming in the water like between two.
Speaker 3: It's too tough. It's too tough.
Speaker 4: Russell Brand does a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'll tell you how it goes. Yeah, is the start of a new tradition. I'm going to be doing a cold and heat exposure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right. A couple of things to me on Apple TV second season of Slow Horses. The novels are brilliant. The second season is really really funny. If you love smart thrillers, you'll love Slow Horses and Apple TV. That's ten out of ten for me. Two books, first one an amazing one that the real one those you can't put down. I read it in a day. It's a true story. It's called The Escape Artist, the man who broke out of Auschwitz to warm the world. It is unbelievable. This story. It will become a movie. It is one of those. It's because it's true. It's so gripping and what you think is going to happen, and you kind of know what's obviously gonna happen because the Tyler book. But the detail in there, what he went through and what he got out and did it is so inspiring. When you read this, I don't know how somebody kept going in those conditions. We know what happened, but when you read it again a first tund account by how this guy kept going and the hierarchies I had in there and how it actually worked, it's an unbelievable story.
Speaker 2: He wrote the book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great book. And the other thing then you talk about longevity. This is kind of lit to this book. I brought this about six months ago and left it because I found out it was about time management. I just prefer to do everything and get burnout and collapse. It's called four thousand weeks time management for Mortal. So I didn't bother reading it because that is bored. It's about time management. And then I was when I took Ruby to New zeal And. We hired a guide for a day and we went trekking on the Routeburne. Old guy in his sixties right, and he was super super fit. He was like running ahead of us, going up in the nan and these mountains. That saff like that. I said, how old? You said, I'm sixty three, and I said, he goes, I lived in the mountains all around the world, doing tours and tracks and stuff. They goes, and you know, I look after myself. I reckon, I've got another fifteen summers of being fit enough to do this. And I was like, oh my god, that's like that book. The book is called four thousand weeks because on average that's what we get in this life. We get four thousand weeks. So it's not about do this with the time. It's reminding you that actually Armwater part from Chris Hemsworth, you get four thousand weeks. Yeah. And I was thinking, right, I'm fifty. This shit, you're fifty, Patsy when you think like how many? When he said I've got right, but about twelve to fifteen summers of being able fit enough to get out and still enjoy nature, I was like, Macha, we don't know how many summers you've got left. Yeah, so this book actually is a life changer. It's called four thousand Weeks. Don't be put off by the time management bit. It's a it's a great book.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So online during the day now can people go and also tape part if they miss it during the show where they think of a better one during the day on what Instagram and Facebook.
Speaker 2: On Instagram stories. Yeah, you can put your time wisters in there as well, and Harry, not me will mark them. So if the marking does feel different is because the guy who makes all the videos is marking now.
Speaker 4: It was a bit kind of yesterday.
Speaker 3: I thought, tell you what he's handing out that confetti, those goals on.
Speaker 2: First day or bronzes. Nobody can have anything but a bronze.
Speaker 3: Just try and find a happy medium, perry with it or if you can, there's gold double plus. All right, we're looking for your pizza songs. Cheesy Lover, You're pretty good, silver Ace of pizza bass, the sour dough silence, the sour dough silence, the sound of silence, the sour dough silence, you know, like a gluten free sour Dough, Bass Red Red Hawaiian Red Red Red Hawaiian Silver Plus and pizza back writer. Oh god, there we go. We found one at the end, Jackie boy, what have you got?
Speaker 2: Spice skills? Are eating pizza? Slice up your life?
Speaker 3: Ah, there we go. Yeah, it feels like it could be an advert for pizza Hut.
Speaker 2: Gold Coultry Club are eating pizza Indugia. Really want to hurt me?
Speaker 3: That's actually very good to get into Gold Triple plus.
Speaker 2: Adele's taking a bart of pizza rolling in the deep dish.
Speaker 3: No, she's not rock.
Speaker 2: And I think Blackmans eating pizza.
Speaker 3: She's so there.
Speaker 2: Cheese goes there, cheese goes the cheese goes again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there goes another bronze your way. Okay, it's Friday, everyone.
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Tumming out to see who's got gold, Silver's and bronze in the extra time waster pizza songs, jack posts you ready to mark?
Speaker 2: Yes, pens for the golds, Pens for.
Speaker 3: Golds, Sore of sixty, Hawaiian Bronze. Oh, Chris Olive and let die silver. We didn't start the wood fire gold. That's good. I'm tim from tim boone Sweet Chili on Mine Gold Chris, that's good work. Who let the anchovies out? Who? Who?
Speaker 2: Bronze?
Speaker 3: Michael Jackson Man and Pizza. That's Screams Friday, doesn't it all? Would? Fired up?
Speaker 2: Silver?
Speaker 3: Sammy Big Big Mozzarella Taxi Bronze moz Ella Ella Ella. That's good. Well, I'm Steve Hawaiian Dances. Somebody Winny Houston, I won somebody Silver, Yellow sub Supreme Gold. That's very good.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: And it's a long way to the toppings. Yeah, and you're gonna go.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We've met another bus driver listened to the show. We met Sonya yesterday. Josh the bus driver. Christian, I'm excited about martial arts movies for the time Waster. I'm very excited about it. You have to play Kung Fu Fighting while Kyle Douglas.
Speaker 2: In full really good song.
Speaker 3: Christian, I'm guessing today is Kung Fu Friday? Yes, sir, how did you guess it is? It's cong right, that's right. It comes around once, Yeain, It's so quick, you know, that's what you know. It's a cover of days from Valentine's Day. You can go right, Yes, anyway, that's a time. That's the time I sat half eight. Now, what's going on with your hair? It looks a bit like Jeff Lynn. It does slash Phil Specter.
Speaker 2: My hair, I actually think grows faster than a normal person's hair. So in between I get I have five six.
Speaker 3: Week pen in that would come back to that Monday. I want to speak to me. I don't even know how we validate this. Do we get all a couple of you lined up Monday, measure your hair less, come back Friday and see who's grown the most. We should do that.
Speaker 2: I want a knee jerk reaction from both of you straight away. What comes to your head when I say I think I'm going to get a mullet again?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 3: No? Okay, By the way, how long have you worked with Patsy? You're never far away from a new reaction.
Speaker 2: Why do I have to ask?
Speaker 3: All I would say is get it now while Gordon's young, because once he gets older at school, you don't see any mune at Dad's when the kid's a bit older.
Speaker 2: Well that's why I cut it off. Originally, I had it the year before Gordon was born. I actually liked having a mullet because when you look younger. The problem I have with my hair is it gets so buffy on the sides. I feel like I crusty the clown out the side of it.
Speaker 3: Why don't you, girlfun cale, Why don't you? Why don't you just get them to trim the side? Yeah, I mean you can tell them to edit your head.
Speaker 2: That's what I do. I honestly, I say, short as you can on.
Speaker 3: The side, but bushy, so they like the girlf uncle.
Speaker 2: I think my hair grows normal, as I said, grows faster than a normal person. I think the sides in particular grow faster. I see, so the sides are growing faster than the top. I like having length.
Speaker 3: It's like a farmer's field. The crop isn't all at the same length. Some of the corn's got too high, that's right, So what are you doing with the combine harvester? Then, so you can have a mullet.
Speaker 2: Well, if you go a mullet, then you're getting really short on the sides, and you can keep length on the top. And then even if your sides are getting long, the hair is on top of had time to get longer.
Speaker 3: I think you're on the cusp of what age you now? Mid thirties thirty five?
Speaker 4: You're too old from mullet.
Speaker 3: You're on the cusp, you know you are. I'm with Patsy. People have they want to chain must stop by thirty. Yeah, mullet's mid thirty five, you got you can't wear it. It doesn't look like anything.
Speaker 2: I'll promise, promise you. There will be old mullets listening now, and dad mullets.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there are, I've seen them.
Speaker 4: Look you want to know it doesn't mean that's wrong.
Speaker 3: It looks like you've just got a prison.
Speaker 2: Why don't for your fiftieth year on this planet. I'll do it and you do it.
Speaker 3: No, what you don't see a fifty something mullet? Why you know one has a fifty something mullet? All right, okay, if there are fifty pluses with mullets, please call it like the proper money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Podcast right now. I did not know because you don't have this near UK. We had the school bell. The certainly wasn't like a song or anything out there that went with it. There was just a school bell.
Speaker 2: Not every school had the song, but we had a normal school bell. And I saw Mason Cox put this on Instagram yesterday, same shock as you had because where he's from in the US, he said, we didn't have songs playing instead of the bell. But he was visiting a regional primary and they were playing Thunderstruck was their school bell every recess, every lunchtime, to bring the kids back in, to send them out again.
Speaker 3: That's going to get the kid's attentions.
Speaker 2: Do you remind me of growing up? You'd hear about other schools that instead of a school bell they had a song playing.
Speaker 3: Really did, Jules Patsy, No, we didn't know.
Speaker 5: We had the old school like manual bell, like a big.
Speaker 3: Old heavy bra like, oh yeah, one of those.
Speaker 5: And you had like monitors, you take in turns, you do it for a week. But Audie's school has music and they change it each week. So last week they had Abba, which I was pretty happy about.
Speaker 2: I think it's better than the school.
Speaker 3: I think it's a lot better. We'd love to know what is your school song? Maybe your kids have a school song because this doesn't exist in the UK.
Speaker 2: Perry, who makes the videos for us on the show, had monkey Wrench as his school song.
Speaker 3: See this is cool, do you reckon? It's to music teachers, right, the music teachers, they would go to depict the songs to blay. Did you also have the same system though that when you had one of those big all school assemblies, you had to march in utter silence or you get a detention.
Speaker 2: Yes, we had to march into the gym. The only place in the whole school that could see the entire school was the.
Speaker 3: Gym on the floor of the cold.
Speaker 2: It was marching in silence, and the teachers would stand like prison guards on all all areas of the gym wall.
Speaker 3: Yea again, immediate attention if you made any noise, was there as any giggling? And then it was like someone when it was always something that the school took very seriously, when those all school ones, and it was always someone in the upper school getting bothered for something, wasn't it. It was never anything to do with the rest of you, Like why have we all got it? For an hour?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: Reminded of the school values and stuff like this? All right, So who has a song instead of the school bell? All with their school bell?
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Does your school? Did your school have a song? With the school bell. That's it. One of the this morning David. Good morning, Hello David. Oh yes I'm here, David. Did your school have a school song with the bell?
Speaker 9: Not minded her on? Way too old for that.
Speaker 3: My girls cryptic. We're not trying to speculate. What did you have?
Speaker 9: They all want to find things, you know. I put the record on the big speaker.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 9: My daughter school. They played different super new music every week, like last week was the Flight of the Bumblebee.
Speaker 3: It feels to me this is a teacher who's been in the game too long. It's like the frame when he plays the song, he gets.
Speaker 9: That it was actually funny because it's all these kids doesn't running around like.
Speaker 3: Little bumblebees. It's just a perfect, perfect song. All right, David, thank you very much. Have a nice weekend. Stephanie, good morning.
Speaker 10: Hell are you, Christian?
Speaker 3: I'm good. Happy Friday, steph. And is this your daughter's or son's school?
Speaker 10: No, first of all, it's my son's school. He's in ME ten and they change the songs, but they make sure that it's appropriate, and they put on Frozen, So he's in ME ten's Frozen and they put the song Frozen.
Speaker 3: Let it go, and yeah, I don't think that's all kids in your ten. This isn't a Poston alone.
Speaker 10: This is what the school picked. And then some of the e ten boys started dancing princesses and it was hilarious. My son said, but he said.
Speaker 2: This is a little crazy.
Speaker 3: I love a good symphony.
Speaker 10: And then and then when I was doing work experience in your ten, I went to a primary.
Speaker 11: School and the kids were allowed.
Speaker 6: To pick their own music and what's it called.
Speaker 10: The teachers didn't check the tape. And then when the kids put on that inappropriate song, they thought, let's talk about sex, and the teachers shut it down.
Speaker 3: In the movie, she started running down the hallways, going into a rooms trying to find out who's playing this bang while this is their headphones. Is that the.
Speaker 2: Other teachers are trying to cover the younger students.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the girls actually shut the door so the teachers couldn't get in because they knew that they were going to get in trouble.
Speaker 3: Ah, Stephanie, that's a very very funny call. Thank you very much, have a good weekend.
Speaker 10: Have a great weekend, guys.
Speaker 3: Bye, thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian My primary school in Bendigo had a big bell from a ship and untold cow bell. The one kid had to run around the school ringing at the end of playtime. Was that like a punishms around their neck?
Speaker 2: Why didn't you use the big bell? Sure enough? So much that's just got the cheap shell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out to my spring Gully Primary peaks. That's from Rachel in Yarraville. Lindsay, good morning, Hello.
Speaker 12: Lindsay, Hello, how's a going?
Speaker 3: Yeah, good Lindsay and Lindsay, what was the song that your school bell came with?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was the bell monitor oft Bo Morris Primary back in ninet eighty eight and grade six, and I used to play classic fifties rock and roll, and I used to bust out a little bit of Chuck Burry, Johnny be Good.
Speaker 3: Back to the Future down there, bone more, that's right, absolutely loving it.
Speaker 12: And here's the thing. I played that quite a fair bit and a couple of the prep teachers came up to me after a few times that I played. They said, hey, can you tone down the fifties rock and roll because the prepp bees are all getting a little bit too excited when they come into class.
Speaker 2: You're hyping up the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not DJing. Just raise that roof too much, We tod put them back on safely.
Speaker 12: It's when I fell in love with music and I became a professional DJ.
Speaker 3: Did Yeah, well you've got you've got a hell of a voice on you, sir.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much, Christian.
Speaker 3: And where can we hear your work? Are you on online?
Speaker 12: Or I do? I play Bogan Bingo shows all around Victoria.
Speaker 2: Is the name of it or is it just being you call it?
Speaker 12: I'm out in country Victoria. So we're bringing Boga boganisms to the Bogans.
Speaker 3: It's great bog and bingo. And if people want to find out more, where can they find their where can they do that?
Speaker 12: Go to Boganbingo dot com.
Speaker 3: It's it's got the real estate, sell it for billions. This is my super all right, Lindsey, thank you very much for kill mates.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: This is the last day for now on Winning boy Board. So over the last almost two weeks, every morning we've been opening up the lines, not knowing what message of yours who are going to be typing into our little laptop here that Jack does every morning and then it goes live to one hundred and thirty six billboards all over Melbourne at the same time. Here are some of the great stories we've had this week from you guys. Olivia is on the line, her husband has left for work, and there's no eighth wedding anniversary gift.
Speaker 1: I think we just.
Speaker 6: Are need to say, Paul, have you forgotten something today?
Speaker 3: Jackie boy start typing out Hello.
Speaker 2: Paul, Olivia.
Speaker 3: No, Hi, Christian. Pull from the billboard here.
Speaker 2: I don't normally forget these type of things, but I'll let this one slip through the keeper. Sorry, everybody, one of your messages.
Speaker 3: Whatever you want to say, the power is yours.
Speaker 5: I'd love the billboard to say, Daddy, I did a pull on the toilet.
Speaker 3: This comes from Cassandra. Help me find a date a man over forty for Sunday brunch. I'm nice, I really am, and I'm smile enough, and yes I have good boots. I don't know where we stand on is that a distraction to drivers? I don't think we would put that of the boobs all right? This morning we let the kids pick the message on the billboard.
Speaker 11: I want the billboard to say Anya Sonya, because Sonya is my boss drivers on who drives every day.
Speaker 3: Right now on one hundred and thirty six billboards all over Melbourne Lincoln. What are you selling? Mate?
Speaker 10: An upper baby? Visit the prim Mate is a prem like no.
Speaker 3: Other couple years old, never meanty terrain.
Speaker 10: It couldn't cross.
Speaker 3: This is such an Australian pitch, isn't it all? Terra four wheel drive prem?
Speaker 2: Where are you taking that baby?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 12: Mate?
Speaker 11: Everywhere?
Speaker 12: The park, the pub, you name it, he goes there.
Speaker 3: This is it, This is the item.
Speaker 2: What do you want for this magic prem?
Speaker 9: Twelve hundred normally two and a half grand.
Speaker 3: Guys read the room interests Chinese spy balloons a.
Speaker 1: Year well, Christian, no Connells show podcast.
Speaker 3: Over the next three days you have control of the billboards of Melbourne. We have one hundred and thirty six billboards to give to you today, Tomorrow and Sunday as well. Christian, what about today? Good luck? Far Jack Jenkins in UFC two eight four in Perth this weekend ten years to get his work making his in the UC very very exciting to volcanoscar as well. I spoke to far Jack's mum yesterday there's one hundred and sixty of them flying over to Perth.
Speaker 2: Friends in family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is amazing.
Speaker 2: I would have cost in all yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, imagine that. Yeah, so yeah, really really good luck and I hope your boy does well as well, Joe. All right, so what do you want on the billboards? Marina? Good morning? Good morning, Christian, Good morning Marina. What would you love to say there?
Speaker 6: Well, look, I've gotta say guilt and shame worked perfectly well for me, So I would like a billboard that shouted to my son. Harry replied to your mother's text, I love this.
Speaker 3: It makes me want to just check my phone. I applied to my mom. Does everyone else getting that? Muma? Anks? Though? You don't upset a mum.
Speaker 2: You could go into anybody's part and go to the last visage to their mum, and there'll be a question waiting to be answered.
Speaker 6: Yes, correctly, I think he would reply to an uber rating, quickly.
Speaker 3: Breaking into how old is Harry?
Speaker 1: Twenty three?
Speaker 3: Twenty three?
Speaker 6: He's an answer is sometimes going on sixteen, I think, but twenty three?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hear all right, Marina, it might be you let's go to die here, Good morning, die.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Happy Friday.
Speaker 3: Happy Friday. What would you love on the billboards?
Speaker 10: I would love to put on the billboards Reading Cinemas.
Speaker 14: Please hire my son. Thanks broke mama.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're sending your boy out to work. How old is he?
Speaker 14: He's seventeen.
Speaker 10: He needs to get his first job.
Speaker 14: And I know he'd really love to work at the cinemas because he loves movies and he has applied there before, but just hasn't heard anything back from them.
Speaker 3: So you want to use this to try and nudge Reading Cinemas to give him a job.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, it's not what you know to.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Do you want to localize it?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 2: Which were in cinema as you are?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Turnside Park, that's our close.
Speaker 3: So he's applied previously, shout out Turnside Park high and what's your lad's name?
Speaker 12: His name's Dominic.
Speaker 9: He isn't bought some kids, and he would love it there.
Speaker 10: He would work very hard.
Speaker 3: He could spoken like a true mother. They always say that about their kid. In a way.
Speaker 2: We're riding his resume up the billboard. What like, what else should we put on? There were previous experience hobbies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hobbies and interests qualification certificates.
Speaker 14: So funny watching movies.
Speaker 2: When you're a kid and you're writing your first resume, you've got no previoy experience, so you have to fill it up with hobbies.
Speaker 3: You always make out like you do so much for the community as well. The lawn. I put that on there once.
Speaker 12: I haven't had enough time getting to my my lord.
Speaker 14: All right, he wants to be a filmmaker, so it would be a perfect job for you.
Speaker 3: This is do you know what? So often when you go to swimmers, they're just teenagers who are bored. Would work in there? I mean, you used to.
Speaker 2: Work at seventeen years old, I worked at Hoyts Cinema.
Speaker 3: So if you've got someone who's genuinely interesting, surely they're going to be a bit more of a good energy to be around. All right, let's let's put up an advert for your son. Then let's do this. Does he know we're doing this? By the way, I.
Speaker 9: Did mention to it earlier, so I just thought I won't make false promises.
Speaker 10: See what happened, But yes, he would be absolutely delighted.
Speaker 8: All right, it helped him get a job.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Reading cinema Churnside Park.
Speaker 14: Please hire my son.
Speaker 3: Please I make it personal. Please hire my son. Do you mind if I just call him Dom for the sake of wording on the poster.
Speaker 14: Yep, that's fine.
Speaker 8: That's what he calls himself as well.
Speaker 2: And then he loves movies.
Speaker 11: He loves movies.
Speaker 3: What about this guy loves movies? Like, get a lot of Dom. I'm with Dom.
Speaker 2: Start that hashtag this guy loves movies.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, read about Jackie Boy.
Speaker 2: Reading Cinema's Churnside Park. Please hire my son Dom.
Speaker 3: Sorry, no, no, no, it's that you work in a cool center. I get these people from.
Speaker 2: Please hire my son Dom. This guy loves me.
Speaker 3: This guy loves movies. And then we'll put our phone number. Yeah, all right, we'll get up there asap.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: That's all right. Okay, so we've got the billboard for today. We need a new billboard for tomorrow and Sunday.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, we have given away today's billboards. That's one hundred and thirty six billboards that are now going to say queue.
Speaker 2: Action reading Cinema Churnside Park. Bye, Please hire my son Dom. This guy loves movies.
Speaker 3: Great, okay, that's from the mum.
Speaker 2: Yes, Diane, Diane who.
Speaker 3: Gave us a call. So what we're gonna do now is we're going to give away Tomorrow's and Sunday's billboards as well. Mitchell, good morning, Come mine guys, Mitchell happy for What would you love the billboard to say? Tomorrow? All day Saturday, all day tomorrow.
Speaker 11: I've got a very important public service announcement that has to get out there and needs to say, deer chefs, no more chips under our partments.
Speaker 3: I stand with you. Mitchell is speaking for everyone right now, Melbourne. That's as a perfect Saturday one. People like going out for dinner and lunch and stuff like that. Mitchell is going up tomorrow.
Speaker 2: If we can change just one pub, we've made a difference exactly.
Speaker 3: All right, Mitchell, that's tomorrow's one. Yeah, ideally all of them. Mitchell, well done, that's tomorrow's. Let's give away Sundays now. Julie, Hi, how are you? I'm good, Judy. What would you like Sunday's billboards to say?
Speaker 11: Well, I'll probably be a bit lengthy because I don't know how to word it, but I worked at the elections last November. He's made a guy who came into the polling booth and we shared some friendly Argumentedyvnter and I've never stopped thinking about since things. I love to meet him.
Speaker 3: This is do you know what, Judy? The other day we were talking about this one. This used to be in the newspapers, you know, these misconnections and stuff like that. This is one of those, but now on a new way of doing it on digital billboard.
Speaker 11: I mean, I definitely had a moment he did. He probably just thought, who's this weird woman? And that's why he kept staring back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but sometimes you know when you're in a moment and then there's that awkward next bit like are we both feeling this? Is it just me? And then you gotta look away and go Now.
Speaker 11: People just do this and leave the booth. But he came over and said goodbye and things like that.
Speaker 3: This is this is a scene from a Richard Kurtz movie. Do you know who's your old friend? You've got to uptight and British to say anything. The pen would work either loving the booth, loving the booth?
Speaker 2: So what do you know about him? What can we you put? What identifies can we put on the.
Speaker 3: Billboard last election day last year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Sibyl is the area leapless wearing clothing?
Speaker 2: He was wearing his clothing.
Speaker 11: Yes, he did have a company name on the back, but I don't want to say that ocase I'll get him in trouble. I don't even know.
Speaker 3: If he's contact you or you want. You're going to get him into trouble.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you have his address?
Speaker 5: Because when you go to go to the election data, your address look up.
Speaker 4: In front of you.
Speaker 3: Did you see that hot all those details, he's going to mark it off.
Speaker 11: No, No, agree with him at the queue?
Speaker 5: Oh you weren't at the table.
Speaker 4: Just take a little screenshot follow him up.
Speaker 11: A bit, stork.
Speaker 3: Is this actually you're frightening?
Speaker 2: Sometimes we're how comfortable you were with doing that?
Speaker 3: All right? So, Julie, we want to get the attention straight away, don't we? And so is it you were at the voting booth last year in.
Speaker 2: Seville several several and what was it? A primary school?
Speaker 3: Church?
Speaker 11: Primary school?
Speaker 3: What else does needed to say? We exchanged We had a moment.
Speaker 11: Yes, we had a moment. The main argument we had was you ask which district they're voting? In good I don't know this one, I guess, and is where are you? And I mentioned my suburb. I said two minutes up the road. And that's how the arguments started. You said, no, takes me ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Are you feeling it too? Just as you repaid it?
Speaker 11: And then later on he was when he's voting, he was quite embarrassed, pulling his classes out and he said, I'm getting hold and Shyley pulled his call them on.
Speaker 3: Is showing vulnerability? I bet the fate once as well. Every time.
Speaker 2: We can get the exact word about this Sunday Sunday, your message has to go on.
Speaker 3: We'll go up there and we'll put our phone number up there as well. So fingers crossed we get some good news Monday.
Speaker 11: Civil highbers argumented, getting old maids glasses narrow down.
Speaker 3: This is like guess who were suddenly half of Melbourne put their hand up.
Speaker 1: That's me The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Everyone's still trying to get a billboard. Tony Kinman one of them Christian billboard message. Our first grandchild will arrive within the next week. We are so excited. From Tony and JACKI I'll bet you are. The message they wanted was Brittany, make the jump and push out the bump. Mom and Dad brackets the grandees. Good luck to everyone there. That's amazing. Must be really excited, christ and I would have liked the billboard to say save Ferris. Christian, could you put this out for my husband Andrew? Thanks to put the boys on the line and getting the snip that's from nothing? Have you really really nice? All right? We started this last Friday and it was great. We're gonna do a new awards thing on the show called that You Must because I love it when people say when they find out you haven't been to a cafe or restaurant or somewhere for dinner, where they go, oh you must, And so we ask you where must we go and what must we have? I want to know about the specific dish to have there as well, not just where to go, but what do we order on the menu? Jack? What is your brand? New? You must?
Speaker 2: You must try Lucky Little Dumplings at Pentridge in Cobra.
Speaker 4: I love dumplings.
Speaker 2: I actually missed this place since we're no longer Coburg resident.
Speaker 3: But do you make a little pilgrimage.
Speaker 2: We haven't yet must but I want to for Valentine's Day. I've picted it to be anchored that we go back to Lucky Little Dumplings. And you must.
Speaker 3: Easy on the pocket as well. It's cheap skate.
Speaker 2: It's a higher up dumpling place.
Speaker 3: Really, you sit down, You sit down. Where don't you know the restaurants you like to go to? It's very much. You stand up at the counter, walk out with any street You still have a problem with the time Chicken in a basket place, I traveled forty five minutes. I could have done that.
Speaker 4: Hungry Jacks, what do you recommend there?
Speaker 2: You must try the pork and prawn one in Sichuan chili.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that sounds dear vine Patsy. Where must we go?
Speaker 5: You must go to Sprinkle's ice Creamery. There are two sites. There's one at Hoppers Crossing and there's one at Point cook Hey. If you're heading down the coast for the weekend, down the beach, head off at the freeway and it's not far off the freeway. They have the most amazing ice cream.
Speaker 2: Don't go and have an ice cream on the beach and watch the sunset.
Speaker 4: It is amazing.
Speaker 3: So the other way people go where we you can still see it. You turn your neck around the ocean.
Speaker 5: I highly recommend the blood orange gelato. It is divine. And they do their own chop tops, which are like the size of a bree They're massive, And I would go the mint chop tops because you know that old peppermint Chris bar jack.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that? Growing up with that?
Speaker 5: They grate a whole one of those bars into the brick, into the top of the chocolate and set it on top.
Speaker 3: Mint chop chip is the daddy of all ice cream flavors, and all the other ice cream flavors know it.
Speaker 2: But you say you are Promian minch chip.
Speaker 3: You don't want the mint really, but then you got the chocolate to break it up.
Speaker 2: You know what you can have just chocolate too much.
Speaker 3: Of a good thing.
Speaker 4: Sprinkles one. You need a sprinkles one.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm not confused. I thought now we're actually going getting a bit recording when you stand on the mint chop chip debate, where must we go? Okay, what must we have?
Speaker 1: You must the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian sprinkles are the bomb agree. I agreed. Mint chop chip is actually the mummy. Christian is not the daddy. It's the pistache who's the daddy. No, Daniel, You're wrong. Pistachio is a weird uncle. Is that weird uncle? Every family has? Christian Mint in chocolate ice cream is a great idea, but it has to be peppermint, not spearman. Kerry agreed. Yeah, we're actually talking about your recommendations recording it. You must where must we go and what must we have? Your restaurant cafe recommendations No. Four one four one O four three Lee.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, Look there's a little restaurant in Jembrook calls The Independent and it has the best carrots you'll ever taste.
Speaker 3: Now I'm interested. What can make something an amazing carrot where it's a star dish on the menu.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they're Argentinian. They like smoked maple carrots and they're just to die for. They're the best.
Speaker 2: Never got excited about a carrot now, But you add anything maple to anything, it makes it better.
Speaker 3: And smoke as well. That sounds great.
Speaker 14: Yeah, really, it's an amazing menu, actually, really really good.
Speaker 3: All right, what's the name of the place. Where where is it in jim Brook.
Speaker 14: It's it's called the Independent. And the chief's name's Marrow and he's he's awesome, he's really really good.
Speaker 3: Those Arntentinian steakhouses you have around there, some of those are amazing. What's the one you recommended? I went with an aarda Sarasada You say asa anyway?
Speaker 2: Which was one of them? Was the one that one of them is the Anti doping agency and one of them.
Speaker 3: Means doping agency. That's your you Sada. It's a sada anyway. So glad we clear this up. It is great radio. We agree you must try. Please go and don't forget those carrots. Uh we go here, Warren, Good morning, the morning, Warren. Where must we go? What must we have?
Speaker 8: Was down in Geelong, in North Gelong as a little place called Bangkok straight tie and they do they miss Chrispy Pork belly Land special love a lunch special.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Bottomless brunch is a great thing too.
Speaker 12: Oh it's good.
Speaker 8: It's so good that of been there three days and arrive several times on that side.
Speaker 3: When you find that little thing, it this makes the day, doesn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 12: It's it's the bass Yeah, you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna do it. Friday Treats start the weekend dirty.
Speaker 8: I will be there today.
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Bow to the said, say it's Kung Fu Friday? Friends? Does all we say every year we celebrate come through Friday on the tenth, Always on Friday the tenth, Kung through Friday, get your foo on this weekend? Rio has really pulled out a made up fact here at today. No, no, this is true. Sean Connory, during the filming of James Bond movie Never Say Never Again, was taking martial arts lesson and in the process annoyed the instructor by flashing his fists in the instructor's face. The instructor reacted and broke Sean Curry's risk immediately. Such were his powers. That instructor was Stephen Cigar. Just see aging on this, he would have been like, I don't know twenty I want it to be true. This feels like something Steven Sigar made up about himself. There is no way you think this, Cigar.
Speaker 13: Now you just okay, all right, where did you even.
Speaker 3: Cut and pays this from Friday? That instructor was Stephen Sigar. I feels how the start to like an audiobook of his life.
Speaker 2: His powers are instinctive. It wasn't his fault. If you put face.
Speaker 15: Sorry, I just killed you.
Speaker 3: Muscle memory, just a coffee for your boss. Never approached your behind, Never tell you what? Can we reach out to? Shaun Connie's age at this weekend? Can it confirm? Or tonight? It's risk was broken into a young Steve. It's a goal. This is huge, guys, This is huge, all right. Martial Arts Movies Bride of Nunchucky, Bruce Lee or Mighty Silver wreck it like Ralph Matchio. He was just starting Friday. Connor McGregor, Conair McGregor Silver, Yeah, Jack, what have you got?
Speaker 2: Martial Arts movies Weekend at Bruce Lee's.
Speaker 3: Now, that's gold, that's very good.
Speaker 2: Shindless Fist when Harry meant Sense that's good. That's old and Choker Hunters gold.
Speaker 3: Plus all right, Martial Last Movies get you through one.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast, all.
Speaker 3: Right, are you ready? Jack? Bled here? Darl m for me? Yaggy Gold Weekend at Sense's Silva, Dude, where's my nunchucks? Silver me Aggie Poppins.
Speaker 2: That will be very hard to get gold bud.
Speaker 3: That's so good me, Aggie Poppins, I want to see that movie. Mark, that is so good. Mark Lock would take about grading Miss Daisy? Is she ready for that black belt? Silva sixth sense six cents gold Eta, that's all so great? Van Dambusters, John Claude, Van dam taking a nastis all of them?
Speaker 2: Silver?
Speaker 3: Chuck Norris knows what you did last summer? Silver the fault in our Ninja thrown stars Gold plus one. I'm justin pile driving Miss Daisy, Silver Buck Shelley and Brendan Clowny with the chance of punch two doubles. So but it is so bad it goes to the top.
Speaker 2: I thought you weren't meant to punch the balls, isn't.
Speaker 3: It is against the budo code. Still Gold plus Honey, I shrunk the gee. She said, that's very good too. We bought an octagon. Mark Rochford welder bridge over the coba Quai Cobakai instead of river Silver plus men who stare at Sumo's silver. Ten things I hate about jiu jitsu. Dude, where's my Van damn very good? Steve very good.
Speaker 7: Stead a point break point break Sean Connery's wrist.
Speaker 3: Djudo, what you did last summer Silver and Knockout of Africa Gold.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Every day we've asked you what did you like to sound a billboard, and then we put it up live during the show to over one hundred billboards. Thank you very much. I have been so emails, so many emails, so we haven't been able to apply to thank you very much. Some of you have shared some really intimate stuff about what you'd love up there and why. I'm sorry that we couldn't get to all of them, but hopefully you enjoyed listening to the ones we did get to. So over the next three days, lots of people are going to be seeing these amazing messages. So let's talk about first of all, then let's talk about tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All day Saturday, Mitch's Billboard will be live. Dear chefs of Melbourne, no chips under our parmers.
Speaker 3: I like this. It's a powerful begging, please, isn't it to the.
Speaker 2: Chefs of something that we can all get behind?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No more soggy chips please.
Speaker 2: Then to Sunday.
Speaker 3: This is like your old lost connections. What was the thing he used to call it in the.
Speaker 2: Melbourne Misconnections or the one in MX was he's looking at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the man in the high Viz at several polling booth last election we shared a moment, call me Julie. And then I actually put at the bottom called Christian brackets. He'll call Julie nine four one four three.
Speaker 3: Now I did any of us know about this? I knew you were going quiet over there. He also we haven't got room on there. But he also had glasses that he got out at some moment when they're having a little bit of chit.
Speaker 2: Chat starting to write a story.
Speaker 3: It's huge, isn't it. Can We spread out over a couple of billboards, all one hundred and thirty six in installments, and then the current billboard today came from a lovely woman we spoke to earlier. Die. It was a message for her employee. Well, she wants to find her seventeen year old son dom a job. Movie man wants to make movies, needs to get his first job.
Speaker 2: So the billboard said, reading Cinema Churnside Park, please hire my son. This guy loves movies.
Speaker 3: It's very direct, plea love this. This is wrong, Hey, Die, Hey, now. We only spoke to you about an hour and a half ago. Hopefully, hopefully it's worked. We have someone on the line now who needs to speak to you.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Mark, Good morning Christian. How are you today?
Speaker 3: I'm good Mark and Mark. What do you do for a living? What do you do, sir?
Speaker 12: I'm director of cinema operations for Reading Cinemas.
Speaker 3: Get in. He's gone to the main man.
Speaker 12: Dying hio, Hi die hi.
Speaker 14: You, I'm good, Thank you. You're going to hire my tinter.
Speaker 6: What check the question?
Speaker 12: Tell you what Locky from CBC, who are great friends of Reading Cinemas. He got ahold of us this morning because he saw one of the billboards.
Speaker 3: He gave me a call.
Speaker 12: And said to me, you've got to hire this guy.
Speaker 15: So story, you're going to this kid in the picture movies, easy guy, a.
Speaker 8: Great pot to become.
Speaker 12: I mean, we've got Man opening next week and increator.
Speaker 3: So always always great. So you're going to take him on.
Speaker 12: We're going to give him a trial.
Speaker 8: Christiana can roll of chop pop and pop some popcorn.
Speaker 12: He's got a job.
Speaker 3: That's it great, awesome, that's really kind of you. Mark, Thank you very much.
Speaker 12: You're welcome and I will be in touch.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I love Yeah. He means you've got to work there too. Next weekend, guys, get ready for that. Man die. This is great news. Well done forgive us a call.
Speaker 14: I'm rapped.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to fill my son.
Speaker 3: He will be absolutely awesome. Do I have a lovely weekend? Thanks you calling.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: I just realized that's the only one that's gone well, no one's ever said thank you. Yeah, it's kind of all right doing that. We finally did it, guys.
Speaker 2: And we've never been in this position before where we could take the billboard down. Now, I guess it's done a job. We've never had to do that situation.
Speaker 3: There's already been some kind of situation around it. But thank you very much everyone, WINNI billboard will be back, But thank you very much. Evan who's trying to get their message on them. Enjoy weekends. We're back Monday.
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show Podcast