Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show. Jartney's to speak to me about something. What's up?
Speaker 3: You know how we were talking about posters on your bedroom wall as we were kids. The other day I had Kylie Minogue and Suzannah Hoffs came up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that name was the most frequent one from people of the eighties.
Speaker 3: I didn't really know what the Bengals look like because I was born in eighty seven, so I missed the Bengals. Last night I got served a YouTube clip of the Bengals playing Manic Monday Live. I go, all right, well, this would be a good chance to see what Susannah Hoffson actually looks like in real life, because everybody's raving about Susannah Hoffs. Then I go down a bit of it. That's a current day one. She looks great. She's almost sixty, I think, and she looks fantastic. I go down a wormhole looking at their clips and go back into the eighties. There's a clip from nineteen eighty eight. They're playing on a Dutch TV show, the song in Your Room Susannah Hoffs, lead singer of the be and she's doing these sideway looks at the camera like really sultry.
Speaker 4: She knows you're watching.
Speaker 3: I have a crush on the nineteen eighty eight Susanna Hoffs.
Speaker 2: And I had two posters on my bedroom wall, Kelly LeBrock and Susanna Hoffs.
Speaker 4: Okay. I had one on the left one on the right, So wherever I looked, my ladies were that.
Speaker 2: It's like my teenage bedroom was a Harien Me, Susannah Hoffs and Kelly LeBrock.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: And I'm happy to clear my wall, don't I don't even need a secondary person, happy to.
Speaker 4: Just Susannah Hoffs has been in my life.
Speaker 2: But I guess, like twenty odd years, Jack, you can't now retroactively.
Speaker 4: Also fancy get off my woman? Well he's fine, you've had it.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you've had her for thirty years.
Speaker 4: So we belong together, Jack, Me and Susannah Hoffs.
Speaker 3: But can you do this? Can you go and have a crush on someone from the past, from a different era, because I don't know, I don't know. I just kept going after video walk like an Egyptian manic Monday.
Speaker 2: Then I suggest to not go anywhere near the solo song she had come and get yours on my side of the bed.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I'm very interested.
Speaker 2: That was her song, and that was a teenage boy to me. I think I actually fainted when I saw the video for that.
Speaker 3: What is it about her looking down the barrel of stop it?
Speaker 4: My mind is spinning right now.
Speaker 2: A couple of years ago I actually got to interview the other lady on my wall, Kelly Lebroc, right, and she was lovely, right, she was really really funny. Anyway, couple of hours later, right, my producer, cause goes, Kelly LeBrock, I would like to take up for dinner tonight.
Speaker 3: Wow, oh now wait wait wait you're married obviously now yeah, well come on.
Speaker 4: This is this? Is it?
Speaker 2: The thirteen year old meet trempt of this. Well, I'm shaken as I go what do you mean? She goes, she really loves it, she finds English people charming. She'd like to thank you and take you up for dinner tonight. I'm like, oh, well all right, and he goes, here's the restaurant she's going to be at this time. Her managers going to be there for a bit, just for drinks. And then he's gonna then he has to go. I'm literally I can almost like this is it. Life has been finally so kind to me. I think I better check with my actual wife that she's okay with me going out with a woman that I fancy for thirty years. But surely she's not going to get away of that. Nothing's actually going to happen. But anyway, it turns up my wife had a huge problem.
Speaker 1: Really his story all these years, you think you know someone and you want to get in the way of me hanging out with Kelly Lebrot, will shame on you, so called wife and which we put this in the vowels.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcasts asked the question, can you have a crush on somebody fancies? Crush on someone just feels like an old even I said that out loud, and we've been saying it.
Speaker 4: It just it just dates us.
Speaker 3: The kids say, there's no crush talk.
Speaker 4: You got to crush on that little boys good.
Speaker 2: At the moment, no one says crush anymore. It's going to pass away with us. But anyway, can you ever crush just keep the the war going? Can you ever cross on someone from a different era, Patsy, Have you ever fancied someone from a different.
Speaker 5: Era Clint Eastwood, particularly in the seventies Harbor Harba again?
Speaker 4: Worse than that, I mean, I literally know what it's saying.
Speaker 5: These dates stunning.
Speaker 2: I've never actually, outside of like a high school eighties movie, I've never seen I've never seen outside of that fake world of Hollywood, anyone say hubbaba other than pats It's not even an austraining thing.
Speaker 4: I've never heard it anywhere in the world.
Speaker 5: Beautiful looking man, stunning man, right, talented and clever and jack.
Speaker 4: And I just ask back to this.
Speaker 2: Her first name, which is obviously airbrushed out there because you've obviously had a look at what he looked like in his so called prime, Blake Carrington from Dynisee in the eighties.
Speaker 4: Now silver Fox. Well, it was a granddad in it. He was. It was not even gray haired. He was an old dude.
Speaker 3: Super old man.
Speaker 4: And that's old man. How insulting man? Is that what I'm in your phone? Mother?
Speaker 2: Way?
Speaker 4: Young old man, the yog, the young old man.
Speaker 2: Blake Carrington is a really old He was an old, crusty dude.
Speaker 5: He wasn't crusty he was.
Speaker 2: It was a great white old old granddad dynasty was a walking car judging.
Speaker 3: So do you have a crush on him now or you have on him there?
Speaker 5: Then I did, But Clint, Clint is still the flame is still as strong as ever.
Speaker 4: Jack. You know what it is. I've got it now. There's a type here, isn't it? You like nearly dead old man.
Speaker 2: Do you imagine that you sort of go out together, they die, you get all the money.
Speaker 4: Is that what it is?
Speaker 5: A black widow.
Speaker 4: Yesterday after the.
Speaker 2: Show we were chatting to her about wedding rings, and you remember she's I like a giant.
Speaker 4: A big one. It's like a dumb bell. It's a and also something to smash someone in the face.
Speaker 5: With christ Christian i'connell
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast