Speaker 1: Dad, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: Flex and Frooms, This is the Flex and Froomes catch up podcast.
Speaker 3: In the heart of the city where the lights shine bright. Flex and Frooms leaving dreams every night two years on the airwaves, A Journey's So Sweet and the word redactive Toyota cars on repeat. Flex and Frooms, The queens of the Air, spreading joy, love and read it to those everywhere? Flex and Froomes. What a time would to ride Big Boss Energy? You know it's no lie. Deep in the forest where dark shadows roam, two gremlins are dancing finding new homes. The price has gone up, the curtains come down. We sure will be sad that you're not around. Flex and Frooms, The queens of the Air, spreading joy, love and read it to those everywhere, Flex and Frooms. What a time would to ride? Big Boss Energy?
Speaker 4: Flex and Frooms on KIDA, our last live show ever technically at Always Live. What is happening over there in the corner? It pains us to know that the attention has been misdirected to someone yonder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are they getting away? Freebies? Oh, that'll do it? Freebies?
Speaker 2: Okay, great to know you've just decided to do freebies. Just as we start talking, I see what.
Speaker 1: Your allegiances lie. It's clearer than ever, guys.
Speaker 2: It's so excited to be here in none other than sunny Melbourne. I always say it ron whenever I come to Melbourne, the sun comes out, and do with that what you will.
Speaker 4: I can't handle Melbourne in the weather. As we all know, I've recently moved. I've assimilated quite quickly, thank you very much. And one thing that's getting me down is I made sure to purchase six jackets so I would be well equipped with the weather, and I've had to use them a total of maybe five times. It's not good enough, Sunny Melbourne. Something's off about it.
Speaker 1: It's not right, is it.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, I'm very excited to be here. Thanks everyone who's come out. I'm looking at all of you individually, probably in the eye. I hope that doesn't make you feel uncomfortable. I just want to start by doing a very specific shout out to Jacob Stein in the audience.
Speaker 1: Jacob Steen.
Speaker 2: So, my one favorite listener is a person called Jacob Stein. I'm pretty sure that he listens to all the episodes and he always comments on the videos and he always replies to my story. So everybody, Jacob Sen, I'm giving him around.
Speaker 1: Applause, Please join me, please join me. That's him out there if we're doing shout outs.
Speaker 4: My favorite person in the audience is Tim and Nut, not part of the crowd of freebies. One thing about Tim and and I. We met on a plane. Yes, very few can say that they've had any positive plane interactions, any intentional plane interactions. But our flight was actually delayed, so we sat on the plane for about an hour and a half. Then we disembarked, sat together for another hour and a half and then got on separate planes.
Speaker 1: It was romantic and poignant. We are well.
Speaker 2: I have a good emotion emotion feeling right now, and that is it. I'm going to give everyone my Melbourne tour guide. I want to give my vibe of what I would do if you just came to Melbourne. Tell me, guys, if you agree with this, I'm going to give you two alternate paths. One is for basic pitches and the other one is for art home. I wrote this on a piece of paper. This is my Melbourne weekend guide. Okay, get a plane. I choose Virgin personally. If that is possible, then you get in an uber. Get an uber from the Melbourne airport because guys, the other day I got a taxi. Tell me why it cost one hundred and fifty dollars. Okay, they're ramping up the prices. If you are a basic bitch, it means south side. I recommend you go and stay in Ellwood and when you're in Elwood, go to Comby for a seventeen dollar juice. Then go down to Saint.
Speaker 1: Kilda go on the boardwalk.
Speaker 2: I see just going on the in Lunar Park on the Scenic Grailway at the least one hundred years old.
Speaker 1: To confirm this is my itinerary for basic redacted? Got it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Then you're gonna want to take a bike and ride to South Melbourne Market. At the market, you will just trop down to Hector's Deli and get yourself a sandwich, the roast beef sandwich. Then you're gonna go to the markets and pick up some fresh oysters as well as a wine from Coventry Street. Go back to your place in Ellwood and watch the sun set.
Speaker 1: Any questions not yet? Thank you? Okay.
Speaker 2: Then you're gonna have pre isn't Saint Kilda on Ackland Street? Anywhere you want to go, there's a dog bar on Ackland Street. Just google it a dog bar. Yeah, like you can bring your dogs. Oh, Saint Kilda was very cool once once upon a time. Okay, then you're gonna want to go to one six 's one. So that is my guide for basic reductance.
Speaker 1: Can we get a guide for people who live here? Ooh, just off the top?
Speaker 4: Okay, if you were spending a lot of time here, what would be on your checklist?
Speaker 2: I would suggest this to anyone who lives here. This is what I do every time I come back. This is for the art host. Okay, go to Collingwood. Stay in Collingwood, preferably on Smith Street or Fitzroy. If you must alimentary for coffee, Alimentary for coffee as well as a salad, then you got to Hector's Deli in Fitzroy. Anyone here, yeah, look, so someone might work at Alimentary out there. Then you're gonna go to Hope Street for some sunset drinks.
Speaker 4: I believe, as we do know someone did try and fight me at Hope Street. So I'm like funny about that recommendation now, But food is fantastic. Usually the clientele is amazing, But be careful because there's something about etiquette when lining up for a bar that's also a walkway that gets girl is riled up.
Speaker 2: I have a few drinks there then, though I wouldn't have dinner there. I'm gonna have dinner at the kebab shop on Smith Street. You'll know the one that's on the corner. Then we're going to Yayas for a dance or circuit.
Speaker 4: One might say this is a very generic list for me? Is it feeling very generic? Isn't what's sorry?
Speaker 1: Where eighteen year olds going and there's something to go?
Speaker 2: Because okay, I believe that there's something that's sorely missing, especially in Sydney, is a place to dance with good music. Ya Yas and circuit. The music is popping off. We've got Carli Minogue, We've got all.
Speaker 1: The classic hits.
Speaker 4: I just feel like you've prefaced this by saying it's an art hole list, and so I think one of the fundamental metrics of creating a list for art hose is that it be anything but generic. It would be I wouldn't consider it's not the word I'd use it'd be niche, maybe alternative, if you'd be revealing something fresh.
Speaker 1: See but no.
Speaker 2: I think the beauty of the art home in twenty twenty three twenty twenty four financial year is that we're going back to basics. We're going back to generic. We're not trying to anything start anything new. But where we where we know is good.
Speaker 4: You're right to your point. I have been on a night out with you. We've done the exact same thing. We went. We went to Hope Street, we went to the kebab shop. You said, let's go to Alimentary. We actually did anything. You are consistent.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. Listen, that's my Melbourne Guide. Please, if you end up doing the Melbourne Guide, message me.
Speaker 1: It's I assure you. It's been done by everybody who lives here. I assure you. Okay, okay, Mickey, or what time is it?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 4: Love line Love Line, it's where we professional opinion have as who are very mindful that it's more interesting to I don't know, talk about everyone else's issues but our own. We request love dilemmas. This could be familiar love, romance, love, anything in between. And they are always good. They are always painful to listen to in the best way possible, and they show us one thing and one thing only to be humanist, to what.
Speaker 1: To suffer, to suffer, babes, I'm obsessed with you. Anyway, listen to this.
Speaker 4: I listen to DM Dust and said, hey, friends, this might be a bit long, but it's on my mind and I'm desperate.
Speaker 1: To see what you both think.
Speaker 4: If we could get a microphone outside, maybe one of our faves could give some advice.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, I don't know. I would love that anyway.
Speaker 4: This person also says, sorry, if this is way too sappy and romantic, prepare to get the feelies. I met my boyfriend last winter in a very very cute way. We were at a festival, camping next to each other, and he helped me where my tent pole broke. He had duct tape, and the rest is history. We do love helpful men. It's just been smooth sailing the entire time. I got out of an emotionally abusive relationship about a year before I met my boyfriend, so I was very nervous to start any kind of a relationship. He is so entirely different from anyone I've ever been with. We're both pretty introverted, and it's just wonderful to easily communicate when we both need time alone without worry. We can spend quiet time together in peace. And I've had so many anxieties about truly everything when I started this relationship, and he has not triggered any of them, not one. I trust him. I sleep easy at night. We have a single worry about who I'm giving my trust and my heart to.
Speaker 1: This sounds very good.
Speaker 2: I think, I say this sounds made up, which Oh honestly, you're seeing as I was.
Speaker 1: Feeling some tea.
Speaker 2: I must admit some of them that I bring to the table are definitely off the dome.
Speaker 1: Stop. I've never lied on it. Really, Yeah, I didn't know we could.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think this is the first time I've been in a relationship with someone who just genuinely wants to spend time with me and enjoys it. Then what is the issue. We've been together about ten months and I'm really in love with him.
Speaker 1: He is home.
Speaker 4: Okay, now it's sounding codependent, but I just cannot work up the lady balls.
Speaker 1: Okay, I knew, I knew.
Speaker 4: This was gonna get I knew it okay to tell him I love him? Oh hod on, So let's just recap. You've been together for ten months. You met at a festival. It was you know, him helping you. The rest is history. You feel so safe with him, your anxieties aren't triggered. It's been ten months. You can't say you love him, mostly because things have been so smooth that you're afraid to mess them up. This person also says that her boyfriend is a fairly reserved man and it takes some time and coaxing to get him to share his feelings, and that she's the same way and this isn't a problem. He hasn't said he loves me either. I do feel like he shows me it all the time, and all my friends who know us have told me to just say it, and that he feels the same. So Miss Flex and miss Frooms actually let me let me double check, it says Miss Flex and Miss Frooms, having duraida, How do I get the courage to tell this wonderful man how I feel?
Speaker 1: I'm scared? Welp oh, I love.
Speaker 2: This to pieces. Listen, I think we have Sophie out there with a mic.
Speaker 1: Actually, does anyone happen if you off the dome, but a strong opinion off the dome.
Speaker 2: Strong opinion, how do we goman?
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, from a man, sir, what's your name?
Speaker 5: Josh?
Speaker 1: Josh, what's your opinion?
Speaker 5: If he's more reserved than you, just wait till he opens up first, because if he's incredibly reserved coming out and saying I love you can be very full on or be okay. If he doesn't reciprocate those feelings, then tell him straight up. Doesn't matter, Josh.
Speaker 4: That is fantastic advice. And before I count to that, I mean, it's on a debate. I just want to respond, is there anyone else who has great advice? Because it'll be hard.
Speaker 2: To follow Jacob Jacob in the freemy corner, I'd probably say to her that she could try leading by example.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, what does it really change? It doesn't really change the reality of their relationship. Huge.
Speaker 4: This would be the first time in a live setting that we can go to hear everybody who listens to us so diligently.
Speaker 1: I'm open, Yeah, what was your name? My name's Car.
Speaker 6: What I'm sensing is it doesn't sound like she wants to say it first, and I think that's problematic because it's leaning into, you.
Speaker 1: Know, male power.
Speaker 6: And I think that she should say at first, if that's what she feels, and she shouldn't worry about what he has to say. And if she feels like she's being shown it that it can be enough. But don't act based on what you want him to do. Do what you want to do.
Speaker 1: That's real. Yeah, clap for that, Clap for that, Clap for everyone, because that was phenomenal. I really enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: You know, that last censor definitely cuts through my He's just not that into your face. So I did go through about three months ago that was quiet.
Speaker 1: And phase for anyone who might not know what happened.
Speaker 2: I went through a situation where someone's giving me mixed messages for an extended period of time, and I decided that I would try and play some mind games and they kind of didn't work. So I listened to the audio book, I watched the movie.
Speaker 4: But you tried to play mind games based on what you had learned, and he's not that into you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they didn't work.
Speaker 2: Well, they kind of worked, but he wasn't the right person anyway. So I have actually been in this situation where I've been at an impast with someone waiting for them to say I love you.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure the relationship.
Speaker 2: I would have been like seven months in, so I feel you like this is tenure.
Speaker 1: It's long, say gardening leave.
Speaker 2: After that situation, I wish that I was grown enough to have said it first, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I think I was nineteen at the time that this happened, and I was very much in the thing of like he should do it. So I think I waited, but there was a bit of coaxing. There's a bit of alcohol involved, and there was a bit of a I think we were sitting down, like in the hallway of his house, on the floor, and you know, when you just look at someone, I'm like, you've got something to say, Say it?
Speaker 1: Now, say it?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 6: Say it?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 4: I feel like all of us have a lot of work to do with unlearning codependency. This is the thing that you do where you orient your behavior based on how you want someone else to respond, Which means that in an environment where you're claiming that everything is perfect but you can't do this one thing, it's telling you that things aren't actually perfect. And if the trajectory of your relationship is always going to be hinged on, well he's got to do it first, then you're gonna end up in a lot of environments where the relationship doesn't progress like you want it to because you're constantly waiting, and you're waiting and you're not being communicative, which means that you are actually kind of waiting in vain. For example, if I go to this cafe across the way there knowing that I want to order something, but I just stand there and wait until somebody acknowledges me, I might not get acknowledged. The service is actually quite good, so you will get acknowledged very quickly. However, imagine if it wasn't how long would you wait for you, like, I just have to go say something?
Speaker 1: How long do you wait?
Speaker 4: And in this instance, I really feel like the question is there No, there's no right thing to do, It's just a matter of what Josh was saying earlier. Are you prepared to not get an answer that you want and then act accordingly? You know, if you say I love you and then the person doesn't respond, will you stay in a dynamic where you don't feel like you're growing.
Speaker 1: At the same pace. Will you bounce? Mmmm, that's real.
Speaker 2: I guess you're you're kind of waiting on the It's the d day, So do you really want to pull the true?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost.
Speaker 4: We talked about this concept of relationships having expiry dates. When you delay the inevitable, you make it harder for yourself. Yeah, true, get out now, Everyone live a little, because one day the ground might open up as well as whole and you're gonna be here being like I should have said it.
Speaker 1: I should have said it.
Speaker 4: So let's wrap up and say, in the great words of Kara, don't be the person who waits to act based on what somebody else is doing, because you will wait your whole life and unfortunately, nobody's coming to save you dead. That Marvel propaganda, Okay, there is no superhero. No one's coming to save you. Tell everyone you love them, starting today, I.
Speaker 1: Love you, I love you.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune into cater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.