Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast showtime one to three.
Speaker 3: Bananas, do you eat a lot of ice cream?
Speaker 4: I ain't going to the chair. They're not coming and get me. The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three Show one hundred and ninety. Good morning, Pats, morning, Good morning Jack.
Speaker 3: Could see you guys.
Speaker 1: What a gift this weekend. The weather waters. I can't believe it's like autumn. I was speaking to my dad yesterday. He was going to must be bitterly cold out there. Now it's autumn.
Speaker 4: Went.
Speaker 1: I was sat down the beach this afternoon watching sunset, have an ice cream.
Speaker 4: I really was.
Speaker 1: I said, this autumn at the moment is not too shabby, not at all. It was sister real. The whole weekend. The sun was out and I think you appreciate it even more because it is autumn, and you know mine, I need to get out there as much as possible and get the solar energy into myself.
Speaker 3: I got through the hibernation.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's coming this week or what's come, but it was just an extra bounce in a gift this weekend. So yesterday my eldest daughter. She's in year twelve, so she's got a big legal sack. Today at four o'clock and I said, it had got about half four, and I said, why don't we go down to the beach and just go down the beach a bit. I said, the bring the little revision notes she's gone, and so she took her. We took her revision down to the beach and I was quizzing her in a little bit, and then we watched the sunset and then we went to get ice cream, and that two hours was just joyce.
Speaker 3: What a great way to do revision as well, rather than stuck in your room at a desk trying.
Speaker 1: We did argue after a while, I said, look at the sunsets here, do we still need to be doing the revision?
Speaker 4: You're you know exactly that? So Weena William's dad and King Richard Christian knock on the head.
Speaker 5: Actually she got a little bit nerdy.
Speaker 1: They think we're in the club together all like legal club. You know, it's ruined the vibe a bit on the constant. Dad does me on this, Okay, okay, this.
Speaker 3: Is common sense, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then I did the old if you don't know by now, You're not going to know it tomorrow.
Speaker 4: That isn't true. Short term memory has extra capacity. I think you know enough.
Speaker 3: Let's get you know enough.
Speaker 4: You keep saying, this is my last year at school and went the most of it. I know.
Speaker 1: And ice cream and the sun, all of these things are really important.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we went to the still call them an ice cream shop. What would you call it?
Speaker 3: Ice creamery?
Speaker 4: Ice creamy? Oh, let's grow to the creamery.
Speaker 1: We went to the ice creamery and they're constantly bringing out new flavors.
Speaker 3: What did you go for?
Speaker 4: I've never tried this before. I look behind me to chat. There was no one who could hear me order such a thing. Luckily there was no one else there. I went for crembrewlet as right.
Speaker 3: So cremble ray as a dessert is the one that they fire up and it goes caramel.
Speaker 1: Wine and it's got that nice seal and you feel like you're waking up the goodness and it comes out going into mild workout to crack into it. You're breaking new ground into the So.
Speaker 3: Does the ice cream version have all the little caramelized chips in there?
Speaker 4: That's why I was I was hoping that I would somehow have to.
Speaker 1: Crack it, but of course the young lady was serving me did that for me with that scoopy thing, just smashed it all up and then just by the time I got it in the in the cone, it was all pre broken for you to do and then it was.
Speaker 4: Just goofy ice script. To be honest, there's nothing works.
Speaker 1: When you have high expectations in life. Second bite in, I went, not enjoying this at all. Actually, it's sick.
Speaker 3: Anytime we go to an ice cream marine, I always go for chocolate. Ben Bianker rolls her eyes because there's hundreds of flavors. Why don't you try something new? This has Tim Tam chucks in and this has something else, you know what. I know I'm going to like chocolate.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I go back in there. The lady goes everything all right, and I lied, I went, I dropped it on the floor. Then she went, I'll give you a free one. Then I felt really bad because there was no one in there, and I went, no, no, no, I insisted really much pain.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to. Then go I'm like, because she's like, you're growing, ask man, what is going on? With you right now.
Speaker 5: I dropped it on the floor cleaning all myself, so it's nothing. You can't find it on the pavement. No, no, round the corner. But he parked outside it just around the corner, O trips and he kept rolling down the street and then the car drug over and it's allad in its tire, so there's nothing out there.
Speaker 1: There's nothing out there to see. And then it went back and had good old sorted caramel jack.
Speaker 4: Delivered.
Speaker 1: Guys, good morning, it's the Christian O'Connell show. Monday, were brand new misheard lyrics at eight. Coming up next we'll find out what happened with Chack Andpats over their weekends.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Batsy, did you go to the Leonardo da Vinci exhibition at the Loom over the weekend?
Speaker 2: Yes, went to Loom on Saturday. If you have a chance, you have got to go. It's at the Melbourne Convention Center. It's just opened.
Speaker 4: It's getting reviews here. It's britt I am phenomenal. I'm curious to hear what you all made of it.
Speaker 2: So you loved it, loved it, loved it. We were there for like four hours oh wow. It was just in credible and I think we'll know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we spin on stuff on the show, but four hours in the Da Vinci Show were.
Speaker 4: Trapped in there something.
Speaker 2: It's so great.
Speaker 5: So you go in and you go, OK, yeah, I don't want anymore to do all his drafts and stuff.
Speaker 3: You can't just go straight to the mona.
Speaker 4: Some of the designs he threw away.
Speaker 2: He really wasn't overachiever that guy, wasn't he like that was called he was. He was insane. I actually didn't realize how much stuff he invented and what a genius he really was. Like he was, he would have been that kid at school that was good at everything, Like it was just in.
Speaker 4: He's a bit more than some hyperactive kid. You's a renaissance polymn.
Speaker 3: Top of math class.
Speaker 4: And great chest too.
Speaker 2: But you walk in and so the main sort of arena, they have the big screens like they do at Loom with all of his artworks projected, and it tells a story, and they play the most beautiful classical music and they have the massive, big beanbags and you just sort of lay on that.
Speaker 4: That's another thing people don't want to hand then to bean.
Speaker 5: When you're in there for four hourss are those people easy?
Speaker 4: A couple of artist.
Speaker 2: It was really funny though. Down one side the Last.
Speaker 4: Supper yet they just loving to shout these bean bags.
Speaker 2: Down one side of the wall, there were all these dads. There was a couple snoring. But it had this overwhelming We left there feeling overwhelmingly relaxed. And I think it was a mix of what we were seeing and the music we were hearing. It was just a total immersive experience.
Speaker 4: You saw all of his famous artworks, of which the Last Supper and.
Speaker 2: It tells the story and obviously not the real model Lisa, but tells you about given that Australia, we're not trusty that and some of his inventions or models of his inventions, things like you know, his his sort of plans for the first tank that they used in World War One. Elements of that, Yeah, it went into.
Speaker 4: Your shoes, but I didn't know about the tank.
Speaker 3: So many some kind of flying contraption as well a lot of.
Speaker 2: Flying contraptions, and like diving suits, the original diving suits. All these elements how.
Speaker 4: Many years ago, because what was se fifteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fourteen fourteen, late fourteen hundreds into fifteen hundreds, and just an absolute vision.
Speaker 4: Hundreds of years before any of those things actually manifested. He was dreaming them up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and one thing that you will love. And there's a long queue. So my recommendation is if you go go there first, and that's to see the Codex Atlanticus, which is a collection of his original drawings for stuff like fixed wing.
Speaker 4: What do you mean behind like protective case.
Speaker 2: They've got the original the original sketches. Yeah, there's like eight or ten of them, and you're just standing there and you look and you know they're a bit.
Speaker 4: Stained on the paper, on the paper papyra saw.
Speaker 2: I'd say, so it's like really rough paper with ink obviously.
Speaker 1: Chris obviously representing office. But he didn't design that, did he the amateur? And I go about these bean bags.
Speaker 3: I can put that on three hundred gsm.
Speaker 2: But it's amazing because you're just standing there and you're thinking, my god, he's actually touched.
Speaker 4: That paper and there was his own, his own sort of handwriting, and.
Speaker 2: There was a couple of stains, and I'm thinking, what's he spilled on that? Then it's a bit of coffee.
Speaker 4: Too excited with the old flying machines. Leo, is that mead?
Speaker 3: He's still.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of white ink on that bit, but it honestly it was great. We want to go back.
Speaker 4: It was so I've never been to Loom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's brilliant.
Speaker 3: You've been having you Jack, No Bianker went to the Van Go one. I've never been. I really want to go to this.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful space, totally immercible. Go if you can.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks Patsy book.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast