Speaker 1: Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: Every Friday.
Speaker 3: Everybody, Hello Friday.
Speaker 4: We love it all right.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Friday, I have a recommendation for you guys to watch over the weekend because I am. I honestly can't stop thinking about it. And it's season eleven of Stands Alone. Have you seen it? You know Alone, the reality TV.
Speaker 4: You've seen Alone, but I haven't seen season eleven.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's just started. So it came out maybe like week ago. I think came on the twelfth of July. But if you haven't seen Alone. Basically, it's it's people are sent out. This one's based in the Arctic Circle, and they are people who are trying to survive in the insane conditions that they're left in. And whoever stays there the longest skeets like five hundred thousand dollars. But I'm talking like there is no shelter. They've got to build a shelter. They've got to like kill animals, they've got to completely wild make sure that they survive for as long as possible. There's a guy in the very first couple of episodes. He shoots himself in the leg with an arrow and necessary no, he didn't mean to, but it's just there's no help. Oh there's so many things that go wrong on this show, and all it makes me realize is that I don't think I would last five hours out there in the Arctic.
Speaker 2: Do you know I knew that before the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's got for me. You wouldn't last. It's reality, people, I have got there anything.
Speaker 1: I've gone camping, literally in the Arctic Circle in minus thirty degrees, but I was in a hut, in an arctic suit, next to an open fire, sleeping in reindeer skins, and I can tell you I was still freezing, So I.
Speaker 3: Can do this has the most so many adventures.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, I did a five years ago or something. But what I can say is even.
Speaker 1: With all of that, I was still so cold. My sister got frostbite on her foot. So I can't imagine what these people are going through like with nothing.
Speaker 2: I mean looking at him, just bying away that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm adventure queen.
Speaker 3: Honestly though, you have to watch it, Mitch. It's the brand new season of the standing exclusive series alone and it's now streaming only on stand.
Speaker 5: I love it. My weekend sorder guys, how good. Hey, Today on the show, last show of the week, we're going out with a bang. We've got the Olympics opening ceremony tomorrow in Paris, but the pickup is going Olympian vibes style today. Girls, I'm pitting you two against each other. I know we're having what I'm deeming the olymp pick up quiz.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's very funny, Mitch sand Bye.
Speaker 5: They're going to get to that next here at the pickup around Australia. Welcome to your Friday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 5: Listen, Britt Laura. Tomorrow is the opening ceremony of the Paris Olympics in twenty twenty Olympics. Everyone's talking about it, right, you know what else everyone's talking about what the pickup and how they're going to reflect the Olympics.
Speaker 2: How are we ever? Olymp I'm glad you asked, Britt. That's why I've come up with this. To the start, ladies, tentlement, It's it's time for the olymp pick up quiz. You're welcome, ladies. I had that made a costoms.
Speaker 4: Your intern wasn't.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars. That was the intern that.
Speaker 3: Was really convincing up until the point that someone spoke.
Speaker 2: Listen, the Olympics are exciting.
Speaker 5: People talk about them in every corner of the office. Your grandma loves the Olympics, your granddad, your mummy, your uncle Ni brings.
Speaker 3: The world together. That doesn't it?
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm dividing you to now in this room perfect, I'm gonna quiz you to with the olymp pick up quiz.
Speaker 2: Some facts you may or may not know about the Olympics.
Speaker 5: A're gonna quish you both use your names as buzzers to lock in an answer. Whoever gets the most questions correct will win the gold medal of the olymp pick up Quiz.
Speaker 2: Question one, What city held the last Olympic Games?
Speaker 4: Brittany, Tokyo.
Speaker 3: It's correct, very good, there you go.
Speaker 4: I knew that, God, but that's probably only answer ill game.
Speaker 2: Question two?
Speaker 5: Which country holds the record for the most medals one at the Olympics?
Speaker 4: Laura Russia Brittany US A.
Speaker 2: Well, one of you are right, one of you were wrong. No shock here.
Speaker 3: Russia always cheat that they cheated so surely that it might have been good for them. Do they get stripped to their medals?
Speaker 2: Though? Who knows that bad.
Speaker 5: I also that was a multiple choice, but you guys answered so quickly I couldn't even give you the answers. True, off Alls, Australia has competed in every summer Olympic Games.
Speaker 4: Laura true, Brittany fols.
Speaker 2: You showed yourself in the foot that britt Laura's right.
Speaker 4: Had one of the option.
Speaker 2: She's back in the game.
Speaker 5: Question five, Question four?
Speaker 2: What color are the Olympic rings?
Speaker 6: La?
Speaker 3: Red, blue, yellow, green?
Speaker 4: Because another one?
Speaker 2: Can you say, brit.
Speaker 3: I don't remember?
Speaker 4: Black? Black?
Speaker 2: Just correct? Oh? Yeah, just correct, keep going.
Speaker 3: There's one more way around.
Speaker 2: It's a tie. Whoever gets this wins the Olympic up quiz.
Speaker 3: I hate how little I know about this stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm helping you. I'm such a team player.
Speaker 2: This is hard and this is for the women, so don't rush into it.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's for the women.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: In what year were women first allowed to compete in the Olympic Games?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I could think about this as long as like as possible, and I wouldn't know the answer.
Speaker 3: No, can you give us multiple choice?
Speaker 2: Are you sure?
Speaker 5: Option A nineteen hundred on the Dot, Question B nineteen on the Dot Question B nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 4: That was the map you would fail.
Speaker 2: It's the reason I'm in radio.
Speaker 4: What was the next one?
Speaker 5: Nineteen sixty six? Question C twenty twelve? Something that one sure d eighteen ninety six? Which were the modern Olympic Games.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go a nineteen hundred hundred years ago on the door.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Laura, this is the tiebreaker.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go nineteen sixty six, but I think it's wrong for the win seems too recent. Actually, no, you know what, nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 2: I think we're witnessing a manic breakdown.
Speaker 5: The winner of the Olympic Up quiz and getting the gold medal today is Bretnany Hockley.
Speaker 2: It's nineteen hundred.
Speaker 1: I would like to thank everyone, all my coaches, my physio, everyone that helped me get here today.
Speaker 3: You really are an inspiration, Brits, such an inspiration for all the young women out there who look up to you. Thank you well.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: One fact is the first year every country center female athlete was only twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: That's crazy? Is that when they added the fifth ring?
Speaker 2: Go back after this, I'm the pickup.
Speaker 3: Do you know what time of year it is. It is the time of year when the new mass contestants are all getting leaked.
Speaker 4: Oh you care so much about this than I do?
Speaker 2: I hate it?
Speaker 3: Do you hate it? I can let why?
Speaker 4: I just that's not a show I've ever cared for. It seems so toxic.
Speaker 3: It is, it's disgusting. But there's something about it that every year, every January, when it's on the screens, I get sucked into the maths of Aughtex. But it kind of starts this time of year because this is when like all the media publications are releasing they're releasing pat photos or snapshots, and you're getting a bit of an understanding of who the cast is going to be. Yeah, right, Okay, So there's one person who I think is an interesting choice, and that's because it's somebody who we've seen on our screens before. Now, if you watched Jimmy's season of The Bachelor, Jimmy and Holly, they our beautiful couple, they're having a baby. There was a real standout from that season and her name was Sierra Swepton. Have listened to this haunting things that Jimmy wasn't into. Tall Horny Bogans I think any guy would be lucky to have me. Jimmy couldn't see that. That's a hymn problem, Like it's just.
Speaker 2: Again fun.
Speaker 4: Is she wasted?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure she did the entire season drunk. But Sierra was so funny. Like for me, she is the person that I remember from that entire series, Like she was absolutely hilarious. She was so good at the little soundbitees TV goal producers dream. But it's just come out that she has been cast as one of the brides on the new season of Maths. Now, everybody always gets up in arms because they were always like, oh, pick someone new, gets a new talent. But my question to you is, how do you feel about how so many reality TV series, especially relationship shows like Maths or The Bachelor, recycle old reality TV contestants and talent.
Speaker 4: Well, they don't do it that often, do they.
Speaker 3: Well, it's happened again recently, so I don't know if you guys have seen as well. F Boy Island. The cast has just been released and there's a woman on that. Her name is Crystal Thomas.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: She was also on the Bachelor a couple of seasons ago, on the very first season when it had the three guys as the three separate bachelors, So I think it happens more often than you realize.
Speaker 4: Well, if anything, there might be part of it.
Speaker 1: That's like look doubling down that these people are still looking for love, Like the reality shows they're going on are to find a partner.
Speaker 3: So there's that.
Speaker 1: But also it probably benefits the contestant because they know the ins and the outs, they know how the producers work, they know what the producers are after, so they're like, I think they're one step ahead of the game.
Speaker 5: But do you think it's changed now like in your days people would go on the shows full love?
Speaker 2: Is it different?
Speaker 3: I think people have an issue with reality TV people jumping franchise. Like if you're a bachelor, you can go on Batch in Paradise, you can do multiple shows. But I think people have an issue with it, Say, if you do Farmer Wants a Wife, then you go and do Maths because people see it as though you're just clawing for insta fame. I mean, I think it's interesting your point, Britt. It's like, well, they really maybe do want to find love because they're going on all these shows. But I also look at it from the perspective of the producers, at least you know you're getting a sure thing. At least you know that that person creates good content and they're going to make a good show out of it. They're funny and they're going to be in entertaining.
Speaker 1: But I think that's where the public's problem comes with, right, They're like, we we get that you're trying to make a drum show, but we want to see the happy ending. So I think that's the problem from the public, Like give us every day Joe Blow that wants to go and find love.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the difference is when it's characters like do you remember Nasa from that original season so toxic a human cockroach?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he really is the worst. I mean some people might remember, but he's still trolling around on social media like.
Speaker 2: He's a pest. He's a serial.
Speaker 5: He wants to go on all the shows, right, and he wants to jump across show He's always calling radio stations gross. But someone like this contestant, who is genuinely loved and fun and real so funny, I think that's where it works because she's people love watching her.
Speaker 2: I don't care where she goes I'll watch her.
Speaker 3: She's so funny. I look. I mean, I know I'm a bit of a diehard for mass and I really enjoy it. But when you have people like this who are on the shows, they make it so much more entertaining. I just hope she doesn't get screwed over.
Speaker 4: And who does she want to see?
Speaker 3: A tull horny bogan who has lym.
Speaker 5: This show hate listen if you want five hundred dollars to spend for the weekend. It came out swear House where your show to listen to In the next fifteen minutes, we're giving it away. Fifteen minutes away from five hundred bucks to spend at chemistswhaar house.
Speaker 3: After this on the pickup, Chema's Warehouse has given us five hundred dollars for your little wins. I mean I had a little win this week. Actually, do you know what? No, it was a big win and I feel like us, well, there's going to be some the parents out there who might judge me. But my youngest Lola, she's three and in some nighttimes she still would ask for a baby bottle. I don't I understand what the problem is with it. She just like it's just her comfort anyway. This week, no more baby bottle. We're done new transition and you know what else? That means no wet nappies. So soon she's going to be out of night nappies. That's mate. Whin They felt like a big win.
Speaker 2: I said, win.
Speaker 5: Well, we've got some calls Ashan's joint. Hey Ashlan, do you have a little win of the week?
Speaker 6: Hello, Yeah, I certainly do. This week, I've actually finally managed to get through like my seemingly never ending to do list. I've been wanting to clean my rugs of bid A cover cleaner and they've had a few years and I've just been wanting to it and been on my to do release and this week I've finally watched it off the field that came out of the right rugs as horrendous.
Speaker 1: Hey didn't work because I need to Last night I looked at my rug in my bedroom and I was like, that is disgusting.
Speaker 3: So did it work?
Speaker 5: Surely we can conversation. I think I'm proud of you. I've lost interests Brianna. Hello, what was your little winner for?
Speaker 2: That was me?
Speaker 8: So I knowaged to lock in my wedding Benny.
Speaker 3: Oh, congratulations, that's a big wig win, too big.
Speaker 1: I'm having like conniptions around my wedding already and I've only just started planning it, so big win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good. Where are you going?
Speaker 8: So it's this cute little place in Montreau called the Chapel. I'm not getting married for another two years, but an absolute like intense planner. So I love getting everything ready, like way too far in advance, just so I don't have to blow about it at the time.
Speaker 5: If you ever started thinking about cleaning the carpets there, Brown mitch Man.
Speaker 2: All right, last call, Lisa, what's your little win of the week.
Speaker 7: My hobby learned how to clean the washing machine filter. After seventeen years, she finally knows that the washing machine has a filter that needs to be cleaned.
Speaker 4: Yea, the wind filter.
Speaker 7: No, not in the dry in the washing machine. It's a filter.
Speaker 3: You've just because she didn't know that there was a filter.
Speaker 2: Clean you totally learned.
Speaker 1: That just going to head straight home cleaner filter.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like anytime he wants to learn something you're around the house, that's that's a wind well.
Speaker 4: I reckon. That's an absolutely huge win. How does five hundred dollars sound for Chemi's warehouse.
Speaker 7: Oh it sounds awesome. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Anything that your husband can do around the house is a win for me.
Speaker 2: Thank you, your house, anyone's house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if your husband wants to come and clean my Wow, that doesn't sound good.
Speaker 2: I don't have fine.
Speaker 3: Actually all right, Well that's the end of the shot of cleaning form little wins this week, isn't it. Yeah, Carpa cleaning washing machine.
Speaker 5: You get on back and talk about you can bloom what we are up in a couple of minutes. We have probably thirty more seconds we can give to coup A Cleats.
Speaker 3: I wish someone would come and clean my house for a change.
Speaker 2: I wish to show what end