Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time good for sandals, Suasan, what have.
Speaker 3: You done for yodling recently?
Speaker 4: And they all lived in the skirtin Mars of hooked t The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four Pine three.
Speaker 5: Good morning, It's a question O'Connell show. Thursday morning, Good morning, Jackie, your.
Speaker 4: Morning coome onring Pats Morning, Pats. I know your daughters already went back to school finally yesterday. How did she get on?
Speaker 6: Could it be any more drama field? So I hadn't heard anything all day, so I assumed she had a fabulous day.
Speaker 4: And then she's sat in big school now. Yeah, so it's the first day big school, first.
Speaker 6: Day of high school. Oh, Thursday of year seven, Big big day. So what they did The school has a farm, so it was kind of like a team building exercise for the first day.
Speaker 5: The real hair school has a farm.
Speaker 2: They've got a farm campus.
Speaker 4: Surely you're not just sending it to the farm to work.
Speaker 5: Tell her this is a school. You're learning so much.
Speaker 3: Big Day.
Speaker 6: So they have a huge influx of new kids, like they've doubled their year level, like one hundred new kids. So I think it was like a team building exercise out at this other campus. But I don't know how much fun it was.
Speaker 2: So they went.
Speaker 6: It took them on a five K hike, no fun.
Speaker 4: Hot day yesterday, the first day back at big school. Even on a five days You think, is it like this every day? This sucks.
Speaker 5: It's just been a grown ups like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hated it, he said, you.
Speaker 5: Mean right now, I'm going to go down a five K walk. No, I'm not five k walk.
Speaker 3: Given first day back of pre season for football team, that's a two k for them trial.
Speaker 4: Especially those school books on Max Scorn's back. Come on, fighter k hike anyway.
Speaker 6: One of her poor mates broke her foot dancing over the holidays, so she had a moon boot so she had.
Speaker 4: She's at the back, at the back with the sick kids at the back. Yeah, you with the asthma ones. Come on, keep up.
Speaker 6: Anyway. You get a text when they go into sick bay, or even if they you know of off site, you get a text. The nurse will let you know.
Speaker 4: And I know what the timetable is, and I'm like, I have double mass and beforehand is it the lady goes squshy, there, won't you. I'm not hand her over. I'm like, listen, double mass, I oh, don't go towards a light just yet, and hang on in there.
Speaker 6: Well, I got the text yesterday and it says query bullant sting to the left foot, and I thought, your bullant sting is not that's not great. Shoe and sock on at the time, no obvious spike mark tea tree spray applied and monitor and so then I went down a Google wormhole before I picked her up, because I thought, I don't think from memory bull ant bites are like really bad and I shouldn't have googled are.
Speaker 4: They Well, apparently it was just ants, red ants and fire ants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know if you get so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, apparently they've killed people jack according to the Google doctor.
Speaker 1: Really you think.
Speaker 4: There's people that have like the high allergies or if.
Speaker 6: You have an anaphylactic response. And I thought all that, I know the nurse has it in hand, but I thought, oh gee, this this is not going to be fun anyway.
Speaker 4: So the nurse probably has no training, you know, because they don't do anything to do in nurses like she'd be to sort out of the lamp problem. She'd have no facilities there in that medical bank working with.
Speaker 6: Google anyways, so I picked her up. She was fine. You know what it turned out to be. It was a mozzi bite on her toe because they were down at the day.
Speaker 4: Well, they've got them marked there, haven't they. Well we day, Well, the last tricks by Audrey's name, probably.
Speaker 3: The mom I might not be back in tomorrow.
Speaker 4: The Mozzi's got me real bad bad. What I need a moon boot form my finger. The mozzie got me right on the tip there.
Speaker 6: But they were yabbying down at the dam. They've got a damn catching yabbies.
Speaker 3: What are they doing a normal class at this school?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I thought, likeaches, get the old binders out, get to know your curriculum and stuff of that, and do some lessons that'll be today, right, Okay, Oh well it's because she's How did you and Chris feel getting the house back to yourself?
Speaker 6: I felt great because Chris is away for work for a couple of days, so I had the hot.
Speaker 1: I actually didn't know what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't know what to do with myself though. It was so quiet, But I think presly the dog didn't cope like he coped even worse because he's like sitting at the front door all day. Oh, I'm like, they're going to be home soon. Made it's alright. He's looking at me. It's like, hang on, I've had you.
Speaker 4: It looks so sad.
Speaker 5: But they do that, just stand out there into the darkness. They look so sad. They said that dogs out of emotions.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 4: When our little dog Reggie, he sits by the door all day and waiting for Sarah to come home and I laugh, just laughing, and she didn't come back for hours. Wet.
Speaker 5: You might just go and sleep it off.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Day four today And when a billboard lates on the swaning, your chance to have your message all over the billboards of Melbourne within minutes, whenever you wanted to say we can change it, it goes low within minutes. That's after seven o'clock this morning. Patsy twenty four hours on from fish Gate yesterday morning. I was actually dry heaven when Pats and up partuicacaately and we're talking about how they both come in the same way to work and they've driven over spilled fish that were literally carpeted over.
Speaker 6: Where were you, Alexander Alexandra Avenue, just under where you go under the bridge where the arts center is.
Speaker 3: There was it the one kind of fish or an assortment of No.
Speaker 2: I didn't get out to examine.
Speaker 4: It, Jack, Oh, well you should have done. Okay for fish lovers, they still want to know, you know.
Speaker 2: You know what. It's still there on the road. There's been no cleaner.
Speaker 6: What two patches, no one just under the bridge. And then you go a little yep, still in the left line.
Speaker 4: Someone stood on the holiday. They didn't get they've got their out office reply. Not back to first down there today sitting.
Speaker 3: In then all day sting away.
Speaker 4: It's lovely, like some sort of chowder.
Speaker 6: So I went through the car wash, went through the drive through car wash shares today and sort of reversed over that bidet thing as you, yes, Marvey sleeplessly yesterday. Still stinks, still stinks.
Speaker 4: But there'd be some fish head stuck somewhere up a.
Speaker 2: Pipe, That's what Chris said.
Speaker 6: So I parked it in the drive. I dareen't park in the garage because I don't want it going through the house.
Speaker 4: I don't want that in the house. You've got the Mulligan's coming over this weekend.
Speaker 6: So the Love God said, when I get home at the weekend, he said, I'm going to have to gurney up under there.
Speaker 4: That's an extra from Greece to be on that little trolley escapeard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if anyone's got a carjack or one of those pits at home, you know that you jump in that the mechanic has and you're hoisted up so we can get up there with the gurney. He's going to have to do that because there's obviously a fishhead or something stuck up that.
Speaker 4: Would actually would really irritate me because it would just rotten, decompose.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting. So washing it has done nothing.
Speaker 4: That's not participating here. Yesterday was adamant that she was going to contact the council today the city of Mailmantuas for a complimentary car wash because she can. How'd it go? Do you go on?
Speaker 5: When do you go today?
Speaker 7: I haven't sent the email, but I have it in my drafts ready to go.
Speaker 4: Please read it out.
Speaker 5: What are you saying and what department does that go to?
Speaker 7: I haven't figured out which department. I've just written down my anger. So I've just said to whom it may concern.
Speaker 4: Every great email, You and Patsy. Honestly, you're living together. Now, you're sinking up together, you're angering together, complaining together.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, Jen thirty first, I was traveling along City Road Alexandra Avenue, going to tell George's Richmond when my car was hit with what I believe was fish on the road.
Speaker 4: Whoa God, imagine my horror.
Speaker 7: It was all over the road for about two hundred meters. I now have the fish all on the underside of my car, and it apps absolutely reeks. I've tried to clean the car, actually haven't, but I'm going to to no Avol and we'll try again today.
Speaker 6: But I believe that I'm.
Speaker 4: A forget that email. Well, good luck with that. Let me know how it goes out, Get on with it. What do you want me to do? I think I think I'm putting that in fold of Mark Megacarens.
Speaker 7: I believe I am entitled to be remunerated for this cost as I am a taxpayer of this regard.
Speaker 4: This is like you're live on three w I always hit my favorite thing when they go tax I don't pay my taxes for dot dot dot dot.
Speaker 6: Dot and believe I'm entitled.
Speaker 4: Just now, you're quite right with that.
Speaker 5: I believe I'm entitled. You do believe you're entitled?
Speaker 7: Yes, for this cost, I look forward to hearing from you.
Speaker 6: Kindest regards, Caitlin, the kindest regard.
Speaker 3: Please the twelve dollars A yeah, put the coins in, don't.
Speaker 6: Forget genuinely though, I think I'm going to ring our car insurer today. No, seriously, what if I have to sell the car because I just can't get the smell out? I don't want to buy of you exactly exactly fish in a new car. I want to wring our insurance say, hey, where do we stand? Like, where can I get under the car and find the fish head? Yeah, it's not my job to do that.
Speaker 4: How much should you pay an air tasker to do that? Put it on air tasker, I'm not going to know.
Speaker 6: There has to be specialists, you know, forensic cleaners when they go to the scene of a crime, who have got all the right gear, all the chemicals and stuff to get rid of all that stuff.
Speaker 2: It needs something like that.
Speaker 4: I don't think there is a crime scene where there's been fish heads, but you know specialist equipment. What is that fish head remove? Is that on one of those attachments you just chuck at the back of the cover with the hoover that long thing on the year your car? And then there's the other one. I don't even know what this brushy things for. It's got a weak brush. It's like a French tickler.
Speaker 6: But I'm genuinely concerned that it's stuck in the car.
Speaker 5: Now, God, that's going to bug you. That is going to bug you for days.
Speaker 4: Apparently you know you called your call projuiccating yesterday she recorded it.
Speaker 8: Oh I come from twelve brothers and sisters.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's not your No, sorry, bloody, how off air voices were really dumb? Alight? Here is really bad.
Speaker 9: It's it's smell and it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: What's it smell like?
Speaker 1: What we call jocks? Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: There are certain songs that remind me of my mom and dad. Whenever I hear them, I'm instantly back to thinking about my parents, and I think for all of us, there are certain songs that when you were growing up, your mom and dad would listen to them, and you're not really heard music that since they're not their songs. It's like, whenever you hear these songs, it's like look time traveling capsule. So there's a song by a band called the Three Degrees. There are seventy sort of soul band from America. My dad used to love them. I think, you know, he fancied one of the singers. I think it's way mainly liked it. And I could tell whenever Dad was home, you'd hear this. You used to have this song cassette. And when he used to pick me and my mates up for like late night parties, right, we'd be fairly cut and you'd hear.
Speaker 5: Me and my mates you know, at like eighteen. There are all kinds of statement.
Speaker 4: I'll be like, you could show like it was some kind of late night vigilante.
Speaker 5: You know this is so.
Speaker 4: Maybe they should play this outside the MTG when everyone's pouring out after a big game to the losing side, you know, just a fancy a bit like you know know what, more than just a game, it's about live.
Speaker 3: It's too many differences.
Speaker 4: Come on, let's let's hug it out. And then from my moment, was there she loves Simon our garfun call and this song Homeward Bound, which is a great song. When my arms escaping explained when I hear this, now I can see the picture of the final that she heard, not that that song on right and he almost a kid, certain things scared you. You look back now, just suddenly realized Simon from Simon and gud Funkle scared the hell out of even then I was, oh my god, that man really his hair, it was the hair his hair. Remember, years many years later, I was off the chance to interview when I went to and producing no, And I didn't want to say because you went, oh, I can't thought you might mentioned, and I went, no, I don't think the orders to be interested. Now that's a drive home. Why don't I like, Oh my gosh, this hair I saw him. I think I might wet myself.
Speaker 3: I could do a phone interview, baby, but not in person.
Speaker 4: God, no clown like, oh my god it was I love that song. But we should talk to our irrational things that scared you as a kid, Simon and Garfunkel because of his hair. A great artist, Jack, what's it for you?
Speaker 5: What reminds you've done?
Speaker 3: First of all, Dad, I loved this seventies band that I haven't ever heard again of since it only existed in our house. He had all the records of this band called UFO.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of them. This feilds like a song that Tarantino is going to dust off and be back in a song? Is Kurt Russell in a big muscle car?
Speaker 3: But when he wasn't listening to his seventies hard rock, we would wake up some Sunday mornings to the soundtrack of Last of the Mohicans.
Speaker 4: What did you get Sunday mornings? Is right?
Speaker 5: Was that my parents took control of the music.
Speaker 4: Center, you know soundtracks?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 3: And Dad at this stage, picture of just a man reading the newspaper with a cup of tea.
Speaker 4: Isn't it?
Speaker 5: And what's the sworn for your mum? Chris Isaac?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mom, My memory of my mum listening to this is like staring out the window window into the middle distance, lost somewhere else listening.
Speaker 4: To I think every mum listen right now knows that stare that yearning.
Speaker 6: You need to take it to Chris, He's coming out in April. You should take up.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see that middle stair again.
Speaker 5: The stage I called it Chris Isaac.
Speaker 4: Come, I didn't know you know him? Like carry?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about her? As see?
Speaker 6: Chris got his guitar pick last time he was here. He threw it and I caught it.
Speaker 4: It's good looking guy, actual, isn't he? Ah?
Speaker 6: Maybe not now?
Speaker 4: Oh doggy Isaac? Stick them at the back of the stage with Simon and from Simon it's not.
Speaker 6: Hard to look at but he's probably not my sword Patsy.
Speaker 5: What's the song that reminds you of your parents?
Speaker 6: Your dad, dad was a truck driver and on school holidays were you No, you're dead?
Speaker 4: No? Apparently this is it?
Speaker 6: I know it should be Platters Twilight Time?
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, Oh this is a great tube.
Speaker 6: Dad would play it at nauseum the whole way from plain Reading to Sydney, Sydney to Melbourne, just over and over, no other song, just this song.
Speaker 11: Loved it.
Speaker 4: What do you say about your listened plant over that my dad would? There's a similar vibe the late night the twilight hours, aren't they really?
Speaker 5: And what about mum?
Speaker 6: Mom was.
Speaker 4: The wrong one?
Speaker 6: I actually didn't pick one for moms as well.
Speaker 4: A page that we've got for what we're doing here for our songs that will been loaded and for some reason it says by your mom.
Speaker 5: All right, we don't cover that one in a bit though.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: As you're calling in and we're going through all your calls on our phone system, here the producers can label up a little bit of detail about you, maybe where you're from, a simple innocent phone in light. What song reminds you of you, Mum or dad? I don't know why one of you has simply been labeled up. No what some kind of devil worshiping, goat slaughtering song. Do not do not speak to him? Radio does not need that right now. No, no, no, no, no, cur no what did the poor guy?
Speaker 6: Was the song?
Speaker 5: What can we not matters?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, no no, non't worry, Christian, We've got your back twenty seven Gold one four point three Christian O'Connell Show. So, Patsy, what's what is the song that your mum used to love listening to?
Speaker 6: She did like to get rummers?
Speaker 4: No, you're not ramp signed.
Speaker 5: Your mom likes her heavy.
Speaker 6: She's a raver.
Speaker 3: No the eightieth birthday the other day?
Speaker 4: Ramstein name who has She's just off her face. I'll have some explaining to do today, sorry, Mamma Newman.
Speaker 6: She did like staying Alive by the Begs because she had a theory that the GiB Brothers were somehow related to.
Speaker 4: Her theory based on what an hard maths theory.
Speaker 12: I just got it.
Speaker 5: It's just a vibe. Actual's seen them.
Speaker 6: Her mother was a GiB and it was spelt the same way. And I can remember growing up, if she ever heard that song, she'd go, you related to these boys, to the GiB Brothers. I said, I don't think so, mum, although I lived in Australia, there's got to be a connection.
Speaker 4: My Lord Christian more than Jacopats, my dad, whose birthday would have been today, blessed me. He's not around anymore, but you're making me think good memories of man love. Willy Nelson on the road again. This is a great song again should We traveled from Melbourne to the Gold Coast one year in the car down presented to play this pretty much on repeat until the tape got chewed in the tape deck. Did you chew it? Come on, Danny, did you do it? I think in the end of the month, throwing it out the windows. You don't throw Willy out of the car, Danny. Thank you very much, mate. Great great song, Linda, Good morning, good morning, how are you. I'm good, Linda.
Speaker 5: So what's the song that reminds me of?
Speaker 4: Reminds you? Sorry, not me of your parents, Lindy, Your mama and I used to listen to this kick back when you weren't around with your dad.
Speaker 13: Well, for me, it has to be the last false by inglebirth humpany mom and dad were set up on a blind date. Actually by there, my grandparents and the neighbors over the back fence. My dad was visiting from Euroa and they all got together and decided that the boys needed a big night out dancing with some Melbourne girls.
Speaker 11: And the rest is history.
Speaker 4: This is before apps, this is the way it was done.
Speaker 3: Banger And when I go out dancing, I want to dance to Angle Book.
Speaker 4: Stick it on, drop It, dj K Lead play some Angel book Angelbert humpered in. Linda, thank you very much for that one.
Speaker 8: Have a good day.
Speaker 5: Thanks on the show.
Speaker 4: Brendan listened to us right now then give some My dad was into Frank Ifield and I remember you.
Speaker 1: Remember you're the one who set up love you too.
Speaker 4: We should make a playlist that all they didn't, you know, I'm noticing there's a sort of totally different sort of tone for the mums of dads.
Speaker 5: The dads are yearning, aren't they.
Speaker 4: They are there many yearning not to be a dad.
Speaker 1: Carler Brighter know you're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, this is from Michayla. The song that wants from my dad is any song from Nicki minaj Oh. I haven't seen that one coming. How old is your dad? Nineteen?
Speaker 3: Nicky is a different flavor of the songs?
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I mean it's no sort of Frank Eyfield or anything like that. All right, So what is the song that writes you Mum?
Speaker 5: Or Dad? Christian?
Speaker 4: My dad love? Glenn Campbell, Rhystone Cowboys. I think a lot of dads of a certain generation era They grew up in the era of Westerns and cowboys, stoic, silent in their minds. They were kind of modern cowboys and my mum Christian. At the same time, we listened to Barry Manilow, What a song? I write the songs if song flex he writes the songs that make the whole world sing. It's not flexi baron Mandlaw, It's just true. Have one of our producers to bring the similar cassettes to listen to. No old tape nicking. Didn't you from an old holding. It's like get slowing down right now you have like Consett. She used to do that Christian. My mom would always blast out Tina Arena whenever she would clean the house and change. It always meant she was in a bit of a FuG You had to make yourself look busy Christian. For me, it was every Sunday morning. Sunday mornings, Pete, Mum and Dad listen to music.
Speaker 5: Day would appear.
Speaker 4: I'd always be hungover and she'd blast this out of the stack system.
Speaker 5: What's hoover in the house?
Speaker 4: And my might always hoover the house on a Sunday morning, not ramming your bedroom door. Don't come in, I'm not coming in, just going to the age Tasmin Good morning, good morning team, good morning and working show.
Speaker 5: So what's the song that reminds you of mum or Dad?
Speaker 8: So I grew up.
Speaker 14: Completely surrounded by music. My parents are huge, huge music lovers. My mom had music playing twenty four to seven if there wasn't music in the house, she wasn't home. Weirdly, the one song that I can think of from her, it's not even once you listened to all that often, but chervy, chirpy, cheap cheap, Oh my.
Speaker 4: God, I know this song. This is a really good the face of my daughters when they were babies and when they were just starting to move around. They still love this song.
Speaker 8: I think that's what my mum did.
Speaker 14: And so to this day I think of that song and all I think of her. Yes, you think in general, there's a thousand songs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's lovely, lovely. Thanks you Corning and the show in that testament. Have a good day, Thank you very much. Leanne. Good morning, Leanne.
Speaker 11: Hey, how are you going guys?
Speaker 4: Oh good Leanne. So what's the song reminds you of mum or dad? Dad?
Speaker 9: Absolutely Adoreed Elliott and the Tijuana Brows, the Spanish Fleet.
Speaker 4: No, this should be a great bed for the show. This is a good bed.
Speaker 5: I don't mind a bit of her about, but it's very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Unfortunately for us.
Speaker 9: On the slip side of that, he had some weird obsession with playing Mary Schneider, who was like a yodeler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were talking about her yesterday. It was National Yodling Day yesterday. Yes, she's that one of the world's best.
Speaker 11: Oh no, I think it was to get us out of bed on this this morning.
Speaker 15: But there you go.
Speaker 4: Let's play some Schneider now. I'd like, this is an alarm clock. You're hitting this, aren't you. Yep, Yes, smash the alarm clocker. This is waking up early in the morning, gonna torment me for the rest of the day.
Speaker 5: Sorry, the end.
Speaker 4: Thanks to go on the show.
Speaker 1: Look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Dayfore then on winner billboard we're giving away billboard, so it loads them all over Melbourne. It means you can call the show and within minutes you can have your message whatever you want to say been seen by over a million people. That's just during the morning, and they're up there all day long. They really are all over town. You've probably not seen them over the last couple of days. So today we thought we'd do something different with them. It's still your messages on our billboards. I thought it'd be really nice, by the way, that maybe one of the billboards we could say good luck to Carl and Jackie o just to hope that it all works.
Speaker 3: Out well because they might not get any other when.
Speaker 4: Thinking there won't be I'm really worry guys. There's going to be no hype about it, and they're going to come here. And because of the way he is, humble guy, he just want to keep it on the low fire and he won't be able to see or hear or not. Yeah, so I think maybe we just say, hey, listen, guys, and if you're aware, Carl and Jack are coming, and also maybe another one just to sort of calm and reassure the Fifi feather nick that they won't lose all of their listeners, just most of them probably will go and you should be as worried as you sound at the moment. So that's what I'd like to do next week as a gift from my heart to radio. Really and can't we all just get along together on the FN frequency. But no, here's what we're going to do today though. We're going to try and find something that is lost right now by nine o'clock this morning. So if you've lost something, whatever it is, maybe glasses, the remote control the car. I only wrote down two ideas the reed. I need three for the rule of three, and I was like, just all I saw was a TV screen. There was a car up there, you know, Thank god it was a sex toy. I went vibrator or so it's maybe have lost your car. Maybe we're shopping yesterday, Honey.
Speaker 3: Where I put my glasses and where did I put the car?
Speaker 4: I'm sure shop tomorrow a couple of days.
Speaker 3: Now, think about it.
Speaker 4: Maybe I put it on a billboard or something. If you're trying to find anything, let us put it up all over Melbourne. People could have a good look around.
Speaker 3: Would we even go back into the past, like solve a cold case. We've got one in our family.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about here, an actual cold case?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a known garden home stolen from that.
Speaker 4: They meant cold case like a merger and I was like, wait, I thought we agreed too minutes ago. We're doing the lost and found thing question. In nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 3: We had a garden home stolen from the front yard. And he was very specifically painted in. My dad played in an over forty five soccer team and the Gnome had painted on him the yellow and.
Speaker 5: Blue star, so he was like a Gnomi mascot.
Speaker 3: He was a Gnomi mascot that's had in our front yard and he was pinched from our front yard and we're still looking for him. He's still having When did he go, Jack, He would have gone two thousand and seven.
Speaker 5: Okay, cold case two thousand and seven.
Speaker 4: All right. So if you are looking for anything, and you have been ready for a couple of days or even longer, whatever it is, let's try and find it. By nine o'clock this morning. We can get everyone in Melbourne, over a million people rummaging around. They can have a look around them. It might be with you, you don't know. It might have somebody else's glass that he picked up, or you might be in a car right now, I'm sticking with the car one that's not your own one.
Speaker 5: Okay, give it.
Speaker 1: Back to Marie Christian no connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Have you Lost Anything? Let us help you find it at the City of Melbourne, try and find it for you. We have access every single shown moment to well over fifty big digital billboards that we can change what they say with him moments of getting your messages. Today, we're going to try and turn it into one giant I guess it's like those little notice boards, isn't it? Or a telegraph pole? You know, it's only a cat, isn't it. You know, some poor cat or a little dog that's gone missing. So whatever you've lost, let us try and help Melbourne look for it for you and hopefully find it by nine o'clock this morning, nine four one four one oh four three. Good morning, Leanne, Good morning to Leanne. What's happened? What have you lost?
Speaker 6: Mate?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 11: Look, we went out last night and was lost. I know it sounds really boring, but it's on my bass fine, and we're so desperate to get it back.
Speaker 5: So what happened?
Speaker 4: Where were you last night? What was the last night?
Speaker 11: Oh, we're just well, it was Wednesday night. We just went out in the middle of the week, which we probably shouldn't have and ended up being a big night and lost the mother phone.
Speaker 14: Cannot it was.
Speaker 4: Those we just go out for one or two and actually know it's midnight. You're playing, Paul. If I get two hours sleep, that's enough, I'm all right. Actually, Oh, no, who's lost their phone?
Speaker 11: So Rob's lost his phone?
Speaker 4: Who's Rob?
Speaker 11: Rob's a friend of mine.
Speaker 4: You meet him last night. Listen, it's cool ghosted, he ain't coming back in the city, can't find he's gone.
Speaker 11: Let me try and find the phone. Yeah, I know, lovely. So I'm trying friendically to get ready to go to work and he's going off to work and we cannot find his phone. Mohammed's a texting man driver. We can't locate him.
Speaker 1: The uber man.
Speaker 11: So I desperately need some assistance to get this phone by nine o'clock.
Speaker 4: Okay, first of all, let's just retrace the footsteps here. Where did you go for this cheeky midwikie?
Speaker 8: We went to a venue in Wherriby.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yes, yeah, yeah?
Speaker 6: Where was it?
Speaker 11: Lucky Break?
Speaker 12: Pool Hall?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Any barn from there? Out three bounces, one punch.
Speaker 3: House to give billion bills to this woman's.
Speaker 11: A fantastic so I can give it a rasp.
Speaker 4: Actually there for years behind the counter. They've got that photo of Pats. It's a great looking photo. Some of my most recent photoshop, the headshot. So where was the venue? Wearbe?
Speaker 5: So many choose from there, so many great ones.
Speaker 11: Where is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What's it called?
Speaker 11: It's called Lucky Break?
Speaker 4: Gotcha? God cha?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 4: And so you think the phone was left there or You've got no idea because it was a good night.
Speaker 11: Exactly. I'm not sure if it was left there or left in the uber. We're trying to locate Muhammad.
Speaker 4: Okay, well there might be a few of those in Melbourne, you know, I don't say we're looking for my hammer and this mysterious rob. So he's a he's a friend? Is he? You see the friend I got you Chicky midweek? Why not?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to find one of those at the moment.
Speaker 11: You've already got one, haven't you.
Speaker 4: You're talking about the board, I can explain. It was pretty is confusion, that's all it is. Okay, So tell us about the phone.
Speaker 5: What kind of phone?
Speaker 11: It's a same song, just a black Sam song. That's all I can.
Speaker 8: Tell you about it.
Speaker 6: Have you tried to ring?
Speaker 4: Thought that would Yeah?
Speaker 6: And it just goes to voicemail?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yes, try to voicemail find.
Speaker 4: Not got to find my phone or anything.
Speaker 11: No, I don't think he has as would be going down that path.
Speaker 4: No, you're quite right because stay in the obviously here s all right. So last scene the black Samsung phone at the Lucky break Pool hall wearribee. That's right, Okay, chances of getting this back are pretty slim. But he may have just gone to toilet with it, put it down somewhere and then wandered out.
Speaker 11: He may have. We've got to watch some five o'clock to the venue open to try.
Speaker 9: And get it.
Speaker 4: Oh my word, the clock is ticking. The clock is ticking, and Rob is in the wind and he ain't coming back. If you ask me, who knows?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I hope so, yeah, I hope so.
Speaker 4: My doubts though, So should we try and find this boat of werribee? Should we try and put it up there? At least one of it?
Speaker 3: We got one on the west gates.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what in your mind?
Speaker 4: Yann?
Speaker 5: Have you got any kind of wording that you like or you're happy to us to write it for you?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'd love you to write it for me, please. I'm sure you're more autistic than what I am.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's that just obviously, with that cheeky midweek here, I think the brain cells haven't quite sort of cleared the FuG this morning.
Speaker 11: That's I'm struggling to put my makeup on to get to work myself. Wow, my hands are shaking.
Speaker 4: Was a big it was a big night. And I wonder what lucky office somewhere where we Rob's at right now, slumped under a desk.
Speaker 11: Oh no, no, no, he works on the port in Port Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Oh no, cold, it's not. There's heavy machinery or cranes around.
Speaker 5: Folks coming in.
Speaker 4: It's up with him today.
Speaker 11: You'll be sleeping on the truck.
Speaker 5: Oh good stuff, good stuff. What a scene this is. It's a movie within the movie.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll put an advert up hopefully we'll have.
Speaker 5: This no worries until by eight o'clock this morning.
Speaker 11: Hang Over Part five It is the hanger.
Speaker 5: Vibe in there. What a location?
Speaker 3: Wear aboot Australia's Vegas.
Speaker 6: Don't know the where?
Speaker 4: All right, leanne, good on you.
Speaker 11: I just need to say this is the first time I've got through long time listener, and I absolutely love it. I put it on every morning, every night, and I just pop away.
Speaker 4: You've really cheered up this morning with this scene from your life last night. All rightly, and we'll see what we can do. Okay, fingers crossed.
Speaker 11: I appreciate that pleasure.
Speaker 5: Pleasure is his name, even Rob.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're winning Billboard day four. Still going to be here every show next week. So if you're listener thinking, I'd love to put a message up to everyone in Melbourne. Might be a private message, but it's very public one, a public service announcement. Whatever you want to put up there, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Today though, we're turning it into a kind of lost and found, and we've heard about Rob's fine that we're trying and get back from the lucky break, Paul Hall in Wherreribee that Patsy is assured us as a top sort of notch establishment pretty much. So I guess the kind of Langham for where by the sound of it, Yeah, Andre's runs that place as well, does he? Okay, So we've got Amanda here who's lost something a year ago and would like to try and find it. Amanda, good morning, Hi Christian, how are you Amanda? So what have you lost?
Speaker 9: It's actually in my NaN's ring that was cast on down to me by my mum. It's an heirloom, a family heirloom.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're kind of irreplaceable, irreplaceable.
Speaker 9: I've been on Facebook, I've done all the Facebook pages I've posted, I've reported it with the police. It's actually a bit of a It was a little bit longer than a year ago, so it's actually June twenty twenty one, so it's a bit of a cold case. I really could use every single billboard at your disposal. This would just mean so much to me if we could locate this ring.
Speaker 4: Oh bless you.
Speaker 10: I was with my daughter.
Speaker 9: We were at the Jurassic Park Brickman exhibition at the Melbourne Exhibition Center, and I'd taken her to the toilet which was just outside the Brickman's exhibition the Jurassic Pass upstairs, and I'd taken the ring off to wash my hands, and I left her on the counter. My daughter calls for me, and I went.
Speaker 11: To her and I forgot to.
Speaker 9: Get the ring up back. About an hour and a half later and the ring was gone.
Speaker 5: God, you can't help a thing. There's a couple of suspects that way, Brickman.
Speaker 3: One of those dinosaurs.
Speaker 4: Get them on those claws. You know that t Rex says little close up clauses, leant forward, then took up.
Speaker 3: On the foe c I you're right. If we watched Lego Masters this season and Brickman's got some.
Speaker 4: I can a little bit blinged up there. My friend didn't have that seasons one through five.
Speaker 9: He was actually kind enough to come back to me on an email about it.
Speaker 10: He was just so lovely.
Speaker 9: But yeah, I've got photos of the ring. I've got plenty of images.
Speaker 4: Hey, this, Amanda, this is great. We will do everything right. We've got these billboards right and we can put photos up there, so we certainly, we certainly can try our best. There can't obviously any promises, but it obviously it must be so, it must be so upsetting to lose something like that.
Speaker 9: Oh, my mum is just absolutely guarded. I'm gutted. It meant so much. You know, she got it from overseas, from her travel, Yeah, and it was Yeah, it's just heartbreaking to think that it was lost forever and I kind of sort of just put it there. But this would be amazing. I can't think of a better way to reach everybody. And if someone had seen it or noticed it or just and that would just it would just mean the world to.
Speaker 10: Me to have that back.
Speaker 4: I'm going to ask kindle of his questions. So what was he being there, you asked the exhibition center over a couple of days off in case anyone handed it in.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, I've reported it. I was in touch with them for probably about I don't know two months afterwards. Oh, I had posted up in the staff rooms. I'd posted up images in the ring.
Speaker 11: I offered a one.
Speaker 9: Thousand dollar reward for the cash reward, no questions asked. It was circulated throughout all the staff, all the security. Everyone was really really helpful. They even watched the CCTV footage to see if they could see anyone come out.
Speaker 1: Good on them they were.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but obviously there was no way of being able to determine exactly how that's where the ring actually went from there.
Speaker 4: So it was last scene in the ladies toilet or were you in the children sort of the baby.
Speaker 9: Change the ladies toilets? Yes, I was in the ladies' toilets with my daughter upstairs. It was just located just outside the exhibition itself. So the exhibition had its own section of the of the Melbourne Convention Center and the toilets that they had their own toilets, do you know what I mean? So there's only that one toilet female toilet just outside the exhibition where it was lost.
Speaker 4: And what does it look like? What is it? What kind of ring is it would be too much ruby.
Speaker 9: It's it's white gold. It's very distinctive, so it's very old fashioned. You never see another ring market.
Speaker 4: It's white gold.
Speaker 9: It's got five diamonds going across the top and around the edge, five diamonds at the bottom and then two on the side, and then there's five blues five in the middle.
Speaker 5: I've actually don't know why. I'm not a jeweler. I'm just I don't even know why. It's starting to draw this.
Speaker 3: Now that I see it.
Speaker 4: We put this up on the billboards. It's basically a block with another little five year star.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you have a photo a mand it could help a Christians drawing is just as good.
Speaker 9: I can email it through.
Speaker 4: You're going to have too otherwise it's this cr cave man thing. I've sort of done, Amanda. We're put up in the next couple of minutes, Okay, And I really you never know, but never know. Yeah, it might jog someone's memory who was there that day or no something or but or seen it or would it be.
Speaker 9: Helpful if I if I put up the cash reward I mean, is that.
Speaker 4: I feel bad about you having to hand your money over. Let's not do that. I'll look after it for now. Just it's more like for adminent stuff like that, you know. But no, don't put anything up there. I'd like to think that if someone does sit, they're going to do. No, you've put the cash up there before. Brickman's obviously melted it down by now he would have gone money. I'm on right now bed for that.
Speaker 9: Oh, this is so wonderful. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, fingers crossed. Let's hope the miracle happens today. It's it is a long stretch, but you never know. Let's try never know.
Speaker 9: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Stay there and Manda, we're come to get all the details so so we can put it up there and do it right and you can send us the photo. Okay, stay there, wonderful will do Thank you. Wouldn't it be amazing if something really special happened. Let's hope, Sol brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian Know Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 4: What are the signs You're an adult? Give us killed this morning? Nine four one four one O four three yesterday an amazing day. The sunshine made one only one thing I could do three washers pegging him out. Was so excited. And I really did take a photo of the entry and empty laundry bile and sent it to my wife at work, and underneath it I had like the explosions sound effect and boom she hearted it. You know that hard thing that's true love is three washesly, no biggie done. This is what happens when you're not here. It's just just been an adults. That's just what I do is so I breathe. The other big thing I've got going on today, and this is exciting. I've got to get a new bin. No indoor one, indoor one and here one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that ripped off of that bin. I didn't have been in like two weeks.
Speaker 4: The first a red bin.
Speaker 3: Christian's family was at his home when he first moved here, and they had this robotic bin. Yeah, but you wipe your hand over.
Speaker 4: The meant just wave your hands so you could have like a dirty plate and you wave a hand over and then it's sometimes it opened, absolute rip off.
Speaker 6: No, you were you know what.
Speaker 4: I have only been here two days. They must have seen him coming jet lag. Pommy knew in town. Oh, this is a space everyone, This is what they have on that space station. You know that big old space suit. Can't be opening a bin. No no, no, no no, So yeah, that's me today. I've reready googled great bins.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we bought one the other week.
Speaker 4: What's you get it from?
Speaker 13: And co.
Speaker 4: Boom he comes to plug.
Speaker 6: There are many options now at Anko and I. They've got the sense of one which we've got and I have to say I'm very happy with it. If that's very nicely in the cupboard.
Speaker 4: I want something wooden or bamboo. I don't want steal, not just cheap bamboo. I'm sure Angko can help me out. Can you speak to the Anko family. Christian Arson is twenty six years old. He's a secondary teacher teaching English and Humanities, being in that role for two years. He started UNI eight years ago at eighteen. He's in a band. He's been an adult black belt Karate for over ten years and competed internationally. He's been driving for five years. He's lived on his own for the last two years, but it was only a couple of months ago when he brought his first cordless drill of Bunnings that he's finally sat there and said to himself, I am an adult Christian I myself, I'm forty nine this year, and I realized that was for me two years ago when blood pressure medication entered my vernacular. Side to hear that, Lee, So what are the signs you're a grown up jackie boy?
Speaker 5: What's it for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was so desperate, but this is before you could stream it to watch Grand Designs that I parted it, Yes, pirated it, pirated it.
Speaker 4: Well, people should do that with like movies and stuff like that. I mean, love Grand Designs, Love Kevin McCloud.
Speaker 3: I broke the law technically just to get.
Speaker 4: This way over budget, way over time on the best show.
Speaker 3: You like the Aussie versions, even watch the New Zealand version.
Speaker 4: No A needs a pirate that zero put it away for free, thirty day free trial. We're chucking for free Sinney basket, the news Eland push now the o G.
Speaker 5: Is this something about Kevin?
Speaker 4: He's brilliant the snootiness but dressed up with kind of smarm and charm. Very very very good show. So I love Grand Designs. Patsy, what's you? What's the sign that you're grown up?
Speaker 6: There was two things yesterday that I did. I was parking my car up the street, and I had to turn the radio down so I could concentrate more.
Speaker 5: If I'm lost and I'm looking around, some of that sound must come off. I can only find.
Speaker 3: You can't find a house number with noise in the background.
Speaker 4: Absolutely no way counting. Good morning, good morning, good morning countering.
Speaker 5: Okay, what is the sign that you're an adult?
Speaker 4: How do you know?
Speaker 11: Well, you get.
Speaker 12: Excited over the washing being done? I follow the Homo on special cycle at will work and marketing my calendar.
Speaker 4: Do you need to share that? Because we love omer. I get that you've got that home refill.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's on sale actually this week.
Speaker 4: There's the two things to do today?
Speaker 3: Get that bend together, Odell, Carolyn, how do you go ahead of time with the schedule.
Speaker 12: It's going to be for discounts because I put it on the calendar. It's actually a cycle that runs like four to five weekly, and so I figure I buy the two leaders and then I market when I bought it on sale because it's like fourteen dollars instead of twenty eight and put it on the calendar, and then I know, okay, I'll have a look for it next time when it's the four weekses five weeks, I.
Speaker 4: Will be using that. So it's on SOUNT this weekend, February.
Speaker 12: Third, this week yeah, yeah, I don't know when it ends.
Speaker 3: We could go right now, yes, excuse me.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to Bond Stairway to Heaven and get down to coast down the road in Richmond here stuck up.
Speaker 5: Actually, this is how powerful this is right now.
Speaker 4: I know there's a lot of people listening like me that actually going, you know what, I'm getting that down there today. When I get down there, I'm gonna be so annoyed because we be none left. And those bloody listeners of this show, this is how they do. Leaves something for me in Hampton. Okay at the walls there, please listeners, leave me some. This is probably the most important phone call we've had this year so far on the show Counting There.
Speaker 12: You go, So and everything. I discovered this thing where things go on sale or a title. I did not know that.
Speaker 4: I don't know that.
Speaker 12: I found it out, you know, some a couple of years ago, and I was like this guy told me. He said, Oh, it'll be back on special in like four or five weeks, And I'm like, how do you know this? He goes as on a cycle.
Speaker 4: All all the sales and discount stuff in supermarkets.
Speaker 3: I believe so, so you have another products in your calendar.
Speaker 12: No, no, I haven't got I haven't got that crazy yet. I will start to do it. But but it works with the OMEN because by the time you've kind of used up your two leaders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got that home refill to go there fifty percent. There's plastic. I'm saving the world.
Speaker 12: And I'm very clean, yes, exactly, and smell nice too.
Speaker 4: Always pressure is anything. Show's a bit stinky, but I'm fresh oil fresh counting. Thank you very much for your hot tip.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good morning Tina, Christian mot Work. I've got so much to do, but I have to I have to email the show talking about these Omo specials. I buy my OMO from Bunning's. Wait, Bunning cell Omo.
Speaker 6: Where's that dog food too?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Lots of different lines.
Speaker 4: Oh, this can get into a territory war, isn't it. This is going to be like the Gangs of New York. I buy my oment from Bunnings in a six kilo pack. Locking that out it's like a kettle bell. Oh and it works out to be cheaper than a regular the supermarket's tea.
Speaker 5: And this is huge all right.
Speaker 4: So we have every single day available on the show one thousand dollars for let me hear a great story thanks to Mercedes Benz Barrick, Australia's most awarded Mercedes Benz retailer. You know, we love getting your stories on the show and so we haven't given it away this week yet so far. So we have one thousand dollars and in my go during the next twenty minutes on this because whenever we ask you had called him and ask you if you've got a story that might make us say wow me Jack and Patsy or such an incredible story barely believable that makes us say wow, you could be winning one thousand dollars instantly in cash. We had a great one about two weeks ago from Susie.
Speaker 11: My oldest aunt with the chimpanzee.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, wow, you have to get Patsy. What's not well about that?
Speaker 6: No, No, I'm still in shock.
Speaker 11: My oldest aunt with the chimpanzee.
Speaker 5: Wow, oh, there we go. There is like a bit of a delay sometimes getting over to warbe, isn't it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: They unlucky break here on the show.
Speaker 3: Make Us say where? Footage going around the internet and the news cycle this morning. Have you seen this girl pats who whose guinea pig is getting eaten by a snake. She picks up the tail of the snake, flings it around until the snake let's go.
Speaker 4: And she's only twelve and it's a massive snake.
Speaker 6: It's incredible trying to get it all right.
Speaker 4: So give us a call now, then, have you got a story that's going to make us say well? Nine four one four one o four three our first caller today, good morning and this here?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 4: Sorry this ye ye yah? Yeah yeah yeah yeah, so I see Now. Are you trying to get the kids ready for school back to school this week? Yes, yeah, I just came all right, yeah, perfect time to call him.
Speaker 15: So my story is I met my husband randomly in a bar and we're doing the get to know you chat, found out who lived in the same road, not only that, who went to the same kinder And when we looked at the photo, he's standing next to me in the kinder photo.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, goosies, that is that's kind of like spooky, isn't it.
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, meant to be safe.
Speaker 4: You've got it. Hashtag fate meant to be hashtag Facebook wisdom. All right, thank you very much. Give us a call the nine four one four one O four three. You need three wells there was anyone there. Jackie Boy gave it up early. Well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good morning to you, Nina. Hello, Good morning Nina. You live on the show.
Speaker 5: Nina'shed his story for us.
Speaker 10: Oh years ago, my sister was working up at main Ridge and someone had pinched her wallet out of her car at the blueberof m she was working at. And unfortunately, two weeks after that, her cat went missing. And about two weeks after that, as she was driving back to work, she found saw a cat on the side of the road in main Ridge and when she got out to get her cat, there was a wallet on the side of the road.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Now that has given me goosebumps. Wow.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean all the money was gone, but she got both things back, so the cat as well, the cat as well. That's why she stopped.
Speaker 5: The cat was dead, a bit.
Speaker 10: Of a road cat, and it was about ten kilometers from her house because she lived in Rosebud but was working at main Ridge.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: That is incredible. So do you think the cat nicked the wallet? I can't carry?
Speaker 3: Then the money ran out and I was like, right as well.
Speaker 5: Go yeah, well it was good when it lasted.
Speaker 4: Short shut cat.
Speaker 6: Wow, that amazing is two two hours from me?
Speaker 4: Me too? Yeah? Three three hours three Wow. Corner of the week.
Speaker 5: You've just won.
Speaker 4: Sorry, were just probably confused. You do you know what's going on with They came very happy sometimes on that show. We just made you call the week, which means you win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 9: Unreal.
Speaker 4: Shut that in the water. Sorry, a bit aggressive have that for the lost money? Ah, there you go, you won one thousand dollars. Sank sum of sades bands. Very great story, Nina, Thank you very much. Enjoy spending your money with your sister.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Dan, Morning, morning crew. How are you we're going Dan?
Speaker 5: What's your story for us?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 8: So, when my grandfather died, we found out he had a false identity in two families. What So when he passed away, we were cleaning out the house and our family was in the middle of doing our family tree, and we found a whole bunch of letters underneath a false cavity in his house, and there were letters between the two wives which had both passed away, and it was explaining where he was and everything like that. And then the two families lived literally less than five kilometers apart, but the kids went to one set of kids went to a private school, one went to a public school, so they never crossed parts. And we actually didn't meet the family the other part of the family until the funeral arrangements were being started, and we didn't know about them until then.
Speaker 5: Damn, this is one of most incredible stories we've ever heard.
Speaker 8: So yeah, literally we started doing funeral arrangements and then we had all these other contacts and it's like, we don't know who this is and I was the half brother and half sister.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, and how did your family fit about all this?
Speaker 8: It took a lot to comprehend because we were going when we started doing funeral arrangements, and we actually contacted a lot of the local cemetery. It gets weirder than this. He had assumed his older brother's identity and moved to Melbourne because he'd been made to leave New South Wales, and he ran two social security numbers stuff like that. But he literally had two names. But when we went to the funeral arrangements for the cemetery, his older brother had come down to Melbourne looking for him and died and he was buried in the same cemetery.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this is unbelievable. So he really was leading a double life.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for pretty much, we estimate around forty five years.
Speaker 3: It's so risky to have them five k's away that you think you'll never.
Speaker 4: There's stories of people in America who found this out, you know, when it's different states, and even in Australia, different states, way five cas.
Speaker 5: It's so easy to.
Speaker 3: Your other wise.
Speaker 8: Yeah, literally, three or four suburbs across from each other.
Speaker 4: It's nothing, is it.
Speaker 8: No, But you're talking way back nineteen forties, nineteen fifties through through to the I think they'd all left home by the mid seventies, mid mid sixties. So yeah, but the kids, one set of kids went to the private school, one went to public school.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable, wasn't it? And so what was the impact on your your family?
Speaker 8: Oh it was, well, the inheritance had to be split four ways instead of two ways.
Speaker 4: Oh right.
Speaker 5: Other than the financial impact, a lot more sort of emotion.
Speaker 14: It was.
Speaker 8: It was. It was really really strange because obviously my dad and his sister had never never even knew and there was a whole very hard to deal with it in a family that we didn't even know about, because.
Speaker 5: You must have so many questions that you want to ask that person but they're not there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh there was. Literally my dad spent a good couple of months just talking to his half brother and half sister and everything like that, whereas his sister didn't want anything.
Speaker 5: To do with it.
Speaker 3: So your your dad and his sister didn't know anything about it. Did the other family know there was a second family?
Speaker 8: No, I didn't know anything about each other.
Speaker 4: Amazing that So sister, your dad's sister wanted no part of any kind of conversations or trying to put all the.
Speaker 5: Pieces together, but it, but your dad did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how do you even start? You look at each other, we're kind of similar, and maybe you start talking about dates. Were you there and so it.
Speaker 8: Was totally bizarre. So there's a whole set of cousin everything like that. Yeah, it was totally bizarre, Like and this is over well, this is over thirty years ago that this happened. Yeah, it was just absolutely totally bizarre.
Speaker 4: That is an incredible story, Dan. It really did make us say well as well, it's a yeah, the whole thing about the double identity and taking on his brother's name.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because his brother lived in New South Wales back in that time when he moved down to Melbourne was during the depression and it was easy to do back then.
Speaker 4: So Dan, thank you very much for sharing that with us. I wonder if today I'll get other emails if people who found out stuff like this. But Dan incredibly well told and it isn't It's a series of like four or five incredible stories, and I'm sure there's many more as well. But thank you very much for giving us a call and sharing it with us today as well.
Speaker 1: No, I have a good day the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today is a very important day, National Thanker Paleontologists Day. Thank you guys, thank you for dusting away with those brushes or those Dinosaur Bones Day for diary. Guys, the wooly mammoth is expected to return in just three years. Real, you can.
Speaker 5: Defend this one. What do you mean? How's it come back in three years?
Speaker 3: There's an American biotech company?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, come on.
Speaker 3: Mammoths. Yes, they say it'll be ready before the twenty twenty eight LA Olympics.
Speaker 5: Are those two relevant?
Speaker 4: Is it competing.
Speaker 6: Games mascot or something?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 5: Yes, of the LA Games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, woolly Mammoth is expant to return in just three years time. What could possibly go wrong? Today? Though, on this amazing day, we're looking to take you back to prehistoric times.
Speaker 5: What were they watching?
Speaker 8: Huh?
Speaker 4: Those cave people? What were they watching on the prehistoric TVs? Yeah, prehistoric TV show is what we're looking for today. Didn't find this too easy, this one, this one. I found that up.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 5: I tried, those guys, I tried.
Speaker 4: Okay, I tell you what they used to watch.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, on the cave wall.
Speaker 4: They'd all gather around they've watched because it's prehistoric time. So it's back. You see sex in the village those cities. Yeah, prehistoric times silver technically accurate. I used to you haven't seen an art show with Bob Ross. Painting with Bob Ross. Yeah, well he's been going for years, that's right. Cave painting with Gross.
Speaker 5: Gold.
Speaker 4: Oh they love a sitcom they used to Yeah, yeah, they would used to loll away at Mammoth in the Middle Gold. Another sitcom they used to love was How I Met Your And another game shows has come back this week actually, but it's been around for a very long time. Dean or No Deal. It's been around since prehistoric time. Yes, that's right, fine, Audial or No Fly Ordeal.
Speaker 5: Well there we go, all right, Jackie boy.
Speaker 4: What else were they watching? The cave people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they loved Ryan Reynolds back then as much as we love him now. And they were watching Welcome to t Rexham Silver for Effort Mission Impossible.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that's more like it, Gold, Gold.
Speaker 3: You liked the Alisaurus is one of your favorite dinosaurs?
Speaker 5: Didn't you never heard of it?
Speaker 4: But yeah, go with the big Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah Alisaurus McBeal.
Speaker 4: Gold as well. You got one more?
Speaker 5: Is this one that's putting your head in your hands.
Speaker 3: They're watching a game show in prehistoric times? Who wants to be a million years old?
Speaker 5: There was a reason why your head was in your hands.
Speaker 1: No, No, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: We're looking for prehistoric TV shows today.
Speaker 4: Okay, Jackie boy, were ready to mark, Let's go. Everybody loves Paleo Silver, Chro Magnum p I, Very Andrew, The Real Housewives of Bedrock Silver plus the Sopranosaurus Gold.
Speaker 5: Amanda Stowe. That's very good.
Speaker 4: Downtown Cave said of Downtown Abbey Silver, How I met you? Mammoth Gold, go down, Sue Rex and the City Gold.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's very good.
Speaker 4: On Nidri two and a half, Homo Sapiens Bronze, Yeah, Inspector t Rex Silver, Tarrannosaurus dexter, Oh, bargain Hunters and Gatherers, that's good. Yeah. Game of Bone from Anthony Gold Old School seventies and eighty sitcom from the UK.
Speaker 5: This was Pterodaxyl and June.
Speaker 3: I don't know what didn't Land Bronze.
Speaker 4: Beverly Hills nine O two one o BC, very smart, subtle, smart, Stewart, Saber Tooth, Tiger King.
Speaker 5: God, do you remember when the world went crazy?
Speaker 10: Love?
Speaker 4: Carol Baskin?
Speaker 3: Was that because we we didn't lockdown and we had nothing better to do?
Speaker 4: I believe. Yeah, triceratops Gear. Instead of top gear, try Sarah Toopskin Parks and t Rexation Bronze nice, try their brewster and instead of grazing at to be Cave's anatomy. Laura dal Pozzo, all right, who's after red Hot Summer taught Live.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to Andrew for Chromegnum p I very smart, well done.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Hey Patsy, Yeah, we've got a little tree for you tonight.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a tree for you and it's a treat for the show and future shows.
Speaker 6: I'm worried.
Speaker 4: What is it? Well, the other day we were doing someone on the show about surnames okay, and one of the producers said to me, our pats doesn't have any in her phone, but her and her husband Chris, they were they were a brainstorming last Stritch. I think did they know any? And I really appreciated the effort that you and Chris went for the show. Yeah, and so I was thinking, my word, you know, use the use that brain power.
Speaker 3: It didn't work this time, but now every brain storm work.
Speaker 4: So Pucerria was just wandering in what what we've done is I've got your voucher for a takeout tonight or dinner.
Speaker 5: Go and have it there at Sousa, your favorite much.
Speaker 6: Oh, I love selser our old mad at Selsa.
Speaker 5: We're gonna pay for it for you.
Speaker 4: But you have to come in tomorrow with five ideas that you and your husband Chris have come up with for the show. Yes, all right, what do you think they were? For home furnishings. That's what we can do with the studio, or just what we could do this year on holidays.
Speaker 6: What I can do with this space. Yes, that sounds like fun.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: You enjoy the Mexican but your brain storm over.
Speaker 4: All right, couple of drinks, that big old fish boile you have of margarito?
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 6: Those ideas will spill out, all them into the show tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Five ideas, okay, all right, sounds good, brilliant, So bring bring the sausa, bring the halapino to the show tomorrow. All right, Okay, the thunder all right, we want it. Okay, we'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast