Speaker 1: The Flex in Frooms Daily podcast brought to you by JDA.
Speaker 2: It's not often that I get riddled by discussing stuff, and yet here we are. A viewer has listened in a voice note about her relationship with their boyfriend involving a toothbrush, shared shared custody toothbrush.
Speaker 3: Is it the height of romance and you know, interconnectedness in a romantic dynamic? Or is it gross?
Speaker 2: I think we know the answer already, but strap in, prepare yourself, let's get to it.
Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 3: We have a listener DM that needs to be heard, so I will read it out comprehension, hats on listening, ears open, please flex in brackets and through mees. But with a y longtime follower and listener of the pod. I'm always in the trenches and I have one for you. Maybe it's an am I the asshole. I don't know, but it's something that has been brought to my attention by myself. So I've noticed a theme of late that only guys with girlfriends are interested in me. Seven guys in the last eight months. That is almost one per month. We love statistics have laid it on thick and it could have eventuated to something more in the moment if I encourage it further. Is this a me thing or them problem? Who does this reflect on? And why can't single boys be doing this? Would love you to digest this because I'm just at a moot point. Much love XX, to which I said, oh my god, yes, can discuss all.
Speaker 2: Caps, can I just before we get into it?
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 2: I just changed it so everyone can reply to my stories that what you have, Yeah, because that's given to messages. People can message me anyway.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the issue is. I just know I've sent you many a screenshot to confirm that there is in fact an issue, one that you can deal with at a different time. We're not live on radio. Thank you so much. Put it down screenside down. Oh okay, so this person has a problem, we're only coupled men. Crack it on her. Is it a her problem or the real epidemic. I'm going to go out on a limb here. You're not gonna want to hear it. But it's not a you problem, babe. It is. It's a thing. It's definitely a thing everybody knows, or I don't know if everybody knows, but I in my peepers see people who are coupled. No, let me clarify. I think that if I see a man and he is happily taken because of his proximity to a lovely woman, I view him as being a better person, true, and like a woman is co signed for you in some capacity. Therefore, I'm gonna respect that you must be a better person in my eyes right now. I think that men are aware of that fact, and also the fact that there's a gray error in flirting. People like to me, they still have it, and so they test the waters and rely on what plausible deniability to engage in scenarios that can be perceived as just being overtly friendly when they're in fact flirty, because they can fall back in fact.
Speaker 2: That I have a girlfriend every bloody time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can a lot of the post breakup men um, which unfortunately it's not great, it's not ideal.
Speaker 3: But it's also like you, you were thinking of me, your first stop to cuff the rank.
Speaker 2: At the minute that someone is being flirtatious but I know they have a partner is a massive turn off. I absolutely hate it, and I don't condone it. So if you've got a girlfriend or a boyfriend and a person, a person go away, simple as that.
Speaker 1: Flex and ference.
Speaker 3: A couple weeks ago went to the Arias for me and I went. We were not going together. Unfortunate late.
Speaker 2: You hit the carpet quite late.
Speaker 3: I did hit the carpet quite late, which is surprising to me. I don't know why, because I had to get there the same time as everywhere everyone else. I was a guest of Channel nine, naturally, guest of honor. I had only one agenda for that night, and that was to be best stressed. And that did eventuate for me, thank you very much. I was seeing on a few headlines and some front pages. So the work was done, and the work was done well. Shout out to Disnea Top to toe runway. Look now, I will say I got there at five pm. And what I hate the most about any kind of production is the hurry up and wait. Everybody has to rush there, get there at the same time, be in traffic just to get there, and then have nothing to do. And when I say nothing, I mean this was like a well stocked event. There was like heaps of food trucks and like champagne red rooster people milling about. But unfortunately for me, I am an extrovert who doesn't want to talk to strangers. I just don't care. And I think it's like a nicer dip your toes and every now and then to like get a gag going. But just in those situations, people have not figured out the art of small talk. Let's get in, get out, get in and get out. Everyone likes Salinger to get their photo for the cloud. The mingle, I'm like Babes, less just relax these good people to mingle with mingling. But I think again, there's an art to it. And I think I don't know if it's COVID, if it's lockdown, if it's whatever it was. But I'm like Babes, this is not a well oiled machine in terms of the mingling. Let's it's a dance. And the thing about mingling is you need to be It's like you know, when you're running right and when you get to a traffic light, you don't just stop running, you stop jogging because you're in an anticipation of what's coming up next, which is a green man There was a lot of green manning in that two hour period. The actual show was sick from my end. I sat down for a bit. I was yelling, cackling the moment someone's on stage. Wow, Wow, Everyone's turning back like I'm a Yahoo who doesn't know how to People thought I didn't have to callum. I said, what about you people? You don't know your role as guests here? Everybody was so quiet. I'm like, step it.
Speaker 4: Up, step it up.
Speaker 3: I will say it the podcast towards.
Speaker 2: Someone came up to me afterwards and said, you in Flex brought the house down.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm saying. Being a Woo girl is a very thankless task because you don't know what it's like to not experience the benefit of willing. Because we won't stop, we do not needs to be done.
Speaker 2: Of course, I want to ask you Bookie's experience, But before that, I just want to say I met Kroshelle g Flip's partner yes of selling Sunset.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she was the best.
Speaker 2: And I hung out with them at the after party and they're both full lit.
Speaker 3: Wait, so you you were going to introduce Brookie and then stop to do a subtle and then now you're going to take it back to Okay.
Speaker 2: I did want to send a Flex, says Rock.
Speaker 3: You had your twenty five minutes interrupted? What's going on?
Speaker 4: It was the first year that I went, so I was almost like a new like puppy, you know how they were like curious and like looking around. I feel like that was smelling literally, and it was just like one of those things where I hadn't seen a lot of people for some of them years, and then you run into them and that's exciting. But flex are totally in the same like Randoms. It's just like, don't even look at me.
Speaker 3: Well, like I think there's like the wires meet and you connect. You're like, this is amazing, It's quick, what's your name? How you going? How's your night next?
Speaker 4: But there's always the few that kind of linger around and it's like this conversation should be done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yet I'm gonna walk away. It's that kind of.
Speaker 2: Then you see them again and again and again, or when you're like I'm.
Speaker 4: Heading that way, like me too, you just do the sut away from around the corner.
Speaker 3: Highlights and low lights, though of the r experience, highlights obviously mingling. I do love seeing everyone look their best. There's something about it. Everyone's in their little heels, they're breaking their ankles. The men are in suits, they're sweating, and it's super low lights. The stairs, the bathrooms being downstairs and like down like twenty steep steps.
Speaker 2: Oh, super scary, separate bathroom in the dressing room. So okay, cal amazing bookie highlights slow lights.
Speaker 4: Highlights probably just like mingling with people. Yeah, and I guess just seeing everyone I know.
Speaker 3: Low lights.
Speaker 2: Definitely the bleeding.
Speaker 1: Blisters you got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so sorry, brand new shoes. Shouldn't have done it. Yeah, be serious?
Speaker 3: Okay at that point, self inflicted highlights lowlights.
Speaker 2: For me, highlights was hang out with the famous, the many famous friends of mine, friend of the show, friends of the show. That's it, jkjk. My low light was getting roasted by you two in this segment. So e m A is what I'm going to say to you. I don't know what that means, beat my ass. But isn't as bad as the roasting you got online?
Speaker 3: Oh honestly, what I will? I do?
Speaker 2: Actually want to circle back on that the roasting was from three tweets that news stock coom dot au compiled everyone else like it was one article. Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: I think the issue is people shouldn't watch award shows in full because then you see the shambolic nature amalgamated.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms on Kada.
Speaker 3: You need to know one thing and one thing only through me has a communal toothbrush that she keeps in her carpet when she has guests over, and she allows them to use them and does not replace. It's like an annual replacement. Would you say, what am I gonna do? What are you gonna do? Two options.
Speaker 2: I use a bamboo recycled toothbrush and they don't come. They are premium costs.
Speaker 3: They are and that inspired this amazing person called Imagen to DM me and to reveal that they experience the same image. Says, hey, FLEXI just responding to the potty about partners who share toothbrushes. My partner and I are avid toothbrush shares. Exclamation mark. It is convenient and economically thrifty with inflation and whatnot. Yes, yes, uh. The only cons, I repeat, the only cons are awkwardly waiting next to each other for a go of the brush, and the fact that he brushes his teeth so aggressively it flattens out brushes much more quickly than I alone would, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I said, oh, oh my god, oh my god, Oh my god, oh my god. Imagen, please send me a voice note with additional context because I'm obsessed naturally imaging. Did hello Flex and ferns?
Speaker 5: In my message I just sent to Flex, I expressed that my partner and I are avid toothbrush sharers. I will die on this hill. And I really do not understand partners who are against toothbrush sharing. I can you know, I can see having your own tooth brushes, But what you're telling me if you forget your toothbrush, you don't have your toothbrush.
Speaker 2: You are not.
Speaker 5: Using their toothbrush. Do you even like your partner? For my partner myself toothbrush sharing. It's convenient, it's economically friendly. You know, we don't have the funds to be out here buying what two toothbrushes, one for my house, one for his.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: The only con of this method, I would say, is when you're awkwardly waiting for each other to finish using the truth brush kind of just standing there rushing each other. Another con would be he is quite an aggressive brusher. I think this is a nail thing, and it wears out my toothbrushes quickly, and it has caused fights, and I could get my own two things.
Speaker 3: I also was called out by my dentist, who called me out for being an aggressive brusher. Also, yep, because I do brush quite aggressively. It's just how I was raised hard toothbrush, aggressive brushing. I've only recently moved on to medium bristol, and I still feel weird about it.
Speaker 2: I'm onsoftoo, very very soft.
Speaker 3: I'll get there now. I said two things, actually I did. The second thing is I love when people die on hills more. I want really launch opinions, mostly on things that don't matter, So I'm really obsessed with that.
Speaker 2: Even if I disagree it's fun. This is one of the grossest things I've ever heard. I feel physically ill. I've been in my vomit a year lately, and this one is inciting the same pre bomb feeling in my stomach in my mouth.
Speaker 3: It's a shame.
Speaker 2: You could not pay me to share a toothbrush with a partner unless it was in extreneous circumstances. I g we were about to go out an event and I've eaten a lot of garlic even then, and even then, this is a gross this is absolutely you pay me.
Speaker 3: I'll take a fee for a fitty No one k no.
Speaker 2: How much would you do it for?
Speaker 3: I'm talking five, I'm talking five minutes. Look, I wouldn't do it. I think it's gross.
Speaker 2: I really do so gross.
Speaker 3: But I think a context in which I would do it. If it was like a couple's therapy situation, if it's gonna like bring us closer together, I'm not interested.
Speaker 2: I'd rather be extremely single.
Speaker 3: I just feel like a lot of Okay, let's start with what I know for sure. People are fundamentally gross, and there are a few things we do every day to mitigate that.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: You might show once today, twice a day, three times a day. I've been to the gym. I will, I will. You might brush your tongue over scraping, you know. You might wash your hair really frequently. You might use yoga, and you might not you know. But I think that the more someone does to mitigate grossness, in my eyes, the better.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Correct. So if in this case you don't find me gross and you want to share it too, brush with me. Great. I love that. I however, still finds you gross in any capacity, so I don't want to partake. What I also won't share is, you know when people eat yogat with a spoon, like a metal spoon. That is so gross to me. And I have viscerals. Hold on, hold on, I have visceral experiences and memories from high school of those little like snap yogurts, you know, in the little tubs, you snap them off the skiet of lights, and then you put your little, your little metal tea spoon in your lunch box and you have a little and then the look of you pulling the spoon out of your mouth with like the yogurt residue, and then the smell of the yogurt sitting on the metal spain so disgusting.
Speaker 2: If you're using a spoon to consume anything that is like yogurt, you need you, Yeah, take everything off the spoon.
Speaker 3: I know I will use my teeth on the spoon. I don't want to do top lip to spoon.
Speaker 2: This is really the most rankors thing ever. I don't know a lot of people don't floss, and the idea that you're like scraping out stuff that's on the bottom lining of your tooth that you need to floss out and then it's putting it into my mouth. But yeah, also a little fun tip, use a soft toothbrush or a medium toothbrush because you're brushing away there enamore if you go to high.
Speaker 3: But I will say you know how. I also don't advocate for farting in relationships of any kind.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: This is because I personally think it's gross, but I do respect and appreciate people who are able to open that floodgate. It's not for me, but it could be in a different universe, not this one, never this one. But I do like what it symbolizes for a couple. It's sweet.
Speaker 2: So sorry, really quickly. If a partner was gonna fight around you that syn issue. Absolutely has anyone ever done it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, as a problem every time? What do you say, Oh, I kick up a stink? Do you know what's the worst thing about dating me? Because I will be like, be comfortable around me. I'll create this environment. We're like, tell me how you feel, do what you want, be yourself. And then you start I'm like, yeah, I mean my personal health, that's you're bad. Don't date a youngest, youngest child. It was never gonna be you.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms last week.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's like a couple of weeks now, who knows. Don't worry about dates and times. It's confusing anyway. But I was talking about bidet propaganda. I revealed to you that I think toilet paper is a huge scam by big toilet naturally, because it doesn't make sense pitture this right, mm hmm. You spill something on your kitchen countertop. Let's say it's beef strong enough curry. Visually, you know a curry something. Do you just get a paper towel and wipe it up? No, you might start there, but at some point moisture goes onto that spill, preferly antibacterial, and then you clean it up thoroughly. Now, if you think about what happens when you go number two, you're just doing the teepee to curry on counter and not going in with something that's actually gonna get out.
Speaker 2: And you just look and this is a porous counter. This is not a marbletop.
Speaker 3: Situation, I'm saying. And so I thought I was on my own with the day propaganda. It turns out I'm not starting a revolution as we speak. And thankfully for me, we've got some celebrities on board with my campaign. Drake has gone ahead and bought DJ kahled for Toto Bidet toilets. If you've been to Japan, you might have used them before. And it's really awesome to get number one, some support from the big dogs for my campaign. But number two, it's really amazing that my message is spreading so far and wide. So Drake, of course you're listening. You know where you heard the information from. Thank you so much for that, and I will say, if anyone else at home wants again involved, pay it forward by your friend.
Speaker 2: The day now. I was also trying to figure it out because my cousin is a plumber, and after your Bida propaganda, I was converted. Yes, so I messaged him asking whether or not I could install my own. What I realized was that if you do that, you can actually fudge up the whole system in your building, including the tap order.
Speaker 3: Worth the risk, right, I have already living on borrow time. If you really think about it.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Frooms on DA.
Speaker 3: If you weren't convinced that freeb is in a different tax bracket to you. She is carrying a two hundred dollars water bottle. She bought it, not on a whim, actually has quite a considered purchase. She sat on it for I would say a few weeks, if not a month. Bit the bullet, I assumed it was a good purchase. I assumed it was a functional, anesthetic purchase. I assumed it was a purchase that did not have even a hint of buyer's remorse. Unfortunately, I did see for people in my DMS oddly enough kind of inferring that the bottle is looking a bit sad.
Speaker 2: And that's not really up to scratch, a bit worse for wear. What would you say to this? So, just to backtrack, about three two or three days after I got the bottle, it started coming away from the SEMs.
Speaker 3: And so it's got like it's got. It's like sheathed in a coat of Diamonti's yes.
Speaker 2: Run stone, Diamontes purple ones with a pink star. It's an incredible bottle, like I said, had been pining over it for about a month. With the bullet, two hundred.
Speaker 3: Dollars including shipping, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: Two hundred flat from kleaner strata. No, it was like included. I don't know, so the bottle isn't tw hundred dollars No, the bottles too, I think I think it was free shipping. It was like one hundred and fifty US day continue now, yes, it started coming away from the seams. I felt very upset, as you know, I am a Karen. So I did send an email straight away asking for a refund oh off the dome, yeah, which I get angry before I even hear back, because I always imagine people are going to say no. They said, yeah, sure, we're going to send you out a replacement and a refund. No, just a replacement, okay, didn't give me the option. And then, of course in the meantime while I was waiting, I left it in a cab at one point had to go about an hour away from Sydney to pick it up again. Whoa, and yeah, now I've just had it that I'm gonna put an air tag onto the top of it. I think, send it to your right address. Yeah, I got it. I actually got the new ones come. It came last week.
Speaker 3: Oh amazing.
Speaker 2: But I'm just gonna keep that on the back boner for when I lose that. Whenever I inevitably lose that bottle, I've also used some stuper glue, so it is going to stay intact. Now. Do I regret purchasing it? Honestly? No, I never really treat myself and so I'm happy with it. And would you recommend others by it? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, there it is and there it is.
Speaker 2: You know, Frank Green Bottles is like seventy bucks, So is it really that much more?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think there's there isn't a cap on what you pay to feel something, I guess so. Yeah, so if it makes you feel something good, then just do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I probably think most people have cumulatively cumulatively culmlatively calm, No, I'm not sure spend their money on worse things anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, true. I didn't want to look at my bank statement. I don't want to bank look at my bank statement after last weekend. Don't reckon, folks.
Speaker 1: A big one fleck and frooms.
Speaker 2: I went to Karugaban the other day. Karugabin it's a three piece from Texas, Texas. You went, Yeah, I went saw them at the Sydney Opera House. Oh okay, it was a fantastic concert, beautiful lighting. They did a lot of covers of Australian songs, which I think is very ingenious and muchly appreciated for the Australian audience. I went with my pregnant friend. It was her baby's first concert in situ in. Her and a partner were dancing and he had his hands on her belly. Did you get footage with them? Yeah, thank goodness, I'll show you later. So I really enjoyed myself. I'm a massive Sydney opera house fan. The architecture is to die for. I can't believe it was made over fifty years ago. It doesn't make sense. The bathrooms in particular beautiful. They kind of give me schedule like.
Speaker 3: They've been renovated recently though. Yeah that's lighting, sure, that's not giving nineteen seventy.
Speaker 2: I think it was built in the thirties. You said fifty years ago. Alas I was leaving the venue, and I must admit there was some hooting and some hollering for me.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: Theremies, naturally, it was quite a young crowd. I'd say it was like General Ages twenty fourth, same as us. But as I was leaving, I was sitting down having a little perus in my phone because I'd done like a story about how good the toilets were. And a chick comes over to me, and she says, this is not a chick? What else I call it?
Speaker 3: And a chick comes over continue it.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I've gotten to the point in my life where I use chick on. Ironically.
Speaker 3: If we're here, I'm Taylor. I'm getting a bit flustered. My name's Taylor.
Speaker 2: If you give me a shout out, oh get real fluss and tingly for you. Why does it sound like Brook It doesn't anyway. I just wanted to give Taylor a shout out.
Speaker 3: Shout out, Taylor, our work here is done.
Speaker 2: She was lovely, she was with the BF obviously had a fantastic time at Karugabin, And yeah that's on that and Taylor shout out. Hope you have the best night afterwards. I know I did. Stayed up till five am.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune in to cater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.