Speaker 1: People who go on these shows are just normal people. Some people might watch the show and we completely horrified that they are the villain. Like they might just have said stuff that you know, sounds completely normal, but when you put the music behind it, or you cut it up or I don't know your zoom in's the eye rolls or whatever it is, they're like really shocked, and I don't feel like there's enough support. There's a lot of alcohol, as you can imagine. Producers love it when you drink because your filter goes and you know you don't care what you say. There's no sex on the show. There's no sneaking out, there's no where to go. You're like locked in this apalgion. I actually got off the show and did not use social media before. In a harder.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to a special edition about Spoken. You're joined by journalists Sophie and Amy Torbuth. Have you ever wondered what it's really like to be.
Speaker 3: A contestant on The Bachelor?
Speaker 2: Well, today we've been given an all access passed by former Bachelor contestant Ali Hammert, who appeared on Blake Garvey's season of the Bachelor. Ali is a successful lawyer, but was introduced as an intruder and top fashion blogger on the top rating program.
Speaker 3: On today's episode, we discovered just how.
Speaker 2: Much control the producers actually have, how the drama really unravels, and how you're treated once your fifteen minutes of fame is up. Well, officially, welcome to the show. I'm so excited for this chat because Sophie and I are tragic fans of The Bachelor and I feel like there's going to be a lot of tea spilt in this episode. So thank you for joining us.
Speaker 1: I was super excited to be here now.
Speaker 2: You appeared on the second series of The Bachelor with Blake, also known as the Dirty Street Pie.
Speaker 3: What was it that enticed you to apply for the show in the first place.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, a lot of my friends at the time This was six years ago, so this was the second series in twenty fourteen, and a lot of my friends at the time had just been on a reality TV show randomly, So I had a few friends who had been on Australia's Next Top Model, ends have been on The Amazing Race, and I honestly just wanted to experience what it would like to be on reality TV show'd obviously watched heaps of shows as a viewer, but onced you experience it from the inside and see what really happened. I also actually didn't apply for the show. I randomly got an email one day saying, would you like to be a part of a TV show? And I had no idea what it was for. And I caught a cab from work, went to the meeting and they said, do you want to be an intruder on the Bachelor? Like? What? Sur random? Like I thought people applied for this. I'd heard like rumors that you apply and you go through it. I don't know, weird anyway, So yeah, and I remember calling my mom, and my mom is the most private person on the planet and like the last person that would ever if I would to have made like hometowns for instance, have appeared on a show like that. So she was like, are you crazy, Like it is the worst idea in the world. Do not go on that show. But I always knew I'd be in it for a very quick time, if I'm honest, wasn't I guess in there for the right reasons because I went on there to promote my blog to experience it, and I guess if I found love, that would have been great. But I think you know, anyone who applies to the show like thinking they're going to find love, well, I don't know. That's great, and many people do. Many people are successful families out of it. It just wasn't really why I went on the show. If I'm completely well.
Speaker 2: It seems a bit unfair when people do question some of the people's motives because, as you say, you didn't even apply, you were approached.
Speaker 1: Exactly, so how could anyone say, oh, you're in here for the right reasons? Because I quite candidly was known as the fashion blogger. I quite candidly told the producers like, well, no, I won't say that, I'm not sure, but I mean, very quickly after the show I met my now husband and married with a kid. So were my intentions one hundred percent to find the love of my life. I guess if I found the love of my life, it would have been great, But it was more about promoting my blog, if I'm honest, and just experiencing it. I just wanted to be in the house for a really short time and see what really goes on and come out and six years down the line, like now, be able to say I've been on a reality TV show and watch TV with a very different lens.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you do.
Speaker 2: So you said you'd wanted to find out what really goes on. You actually kept a journal, So does that sort of does your journal give a good insight into the reality of reality TV?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's pretty random. Like when I first started speaking to you guys, I went to my parents' house and dug up. I remembered I had this journal, and I remember all the girls the intruders wrote in this journal, and I kept it while I was in lockdown. So actually two days prior to going in the house, I think it was at the Star City Casino from memory, and you go into lockdown and that was like the weirdest thing in the world because you felt like a fifteen year old kid again. You had like a producer with you all the time. I guess the idea behind that that two days was around finding out well, first of all, like fitting fitting you and seeing what dress you're gonna wear, and getting your hair and makeup tested out, all that kind of thing, but also interviewing you, finding out if you've got any phobias, anything, you're scared of. For instance, like Lorena, as we know, she likes like fine dining, and I guess this dirty street par example, like was her ultimate worst nightmare for a day, and they would have known that and obviously put out for that day. Or for me, I have a fear of heights. I actually didn't tell them that because it would be my worst nightmare to jump out of a plane.
Speaker 3: You're too clever.
Speaker 1: I'm a lawyer. I remember, they didn't tell anybody that I was just a stupid fashion blogger. So yeah, the journal was interesting and reading back on it made me laugh and maybe cringe a little bit because it's quite Yeah, I don't know. My experience of the show wasn't experienced definitely, but something I look back on and think, like, I don't know, like why did I do that? It's a bit weird that that you put yourself in that position and give up all control and sign a contract away that basically you're signing a life away. You're giving the producers to the opportunity to make out whatever they want of you. So yeah, I came in as the fashion blogger you know, however, and has the little title. I made it really clear to the producers that I'm a lawyer. I was working on a huge global law firm and wanted that to come out. But I guess there were so many I think there were two other lawyers at the time, and one of them was an intruder. So I just got you know, the fashion blogger.
Speaker 2: And in your diary you spoke about how you couldn't believe how emotionally invested some of the girls seemed. On the first night. What was that initial dinner party really like cocktail cocktail party?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, yeah, that was completely eye opening for me. I guess as an intruder. We came in I think two to three months in. These girls had been in the house for a really long time, and when you go in the house, they strip you down of anything any contact to the outside world, like pretty much you get a roundom call here and they're back to home. But you don't have access to newspapers, you don't have access to calling people around on the social media. You know, you can read a book and you can sit around there, but you have what's called a voxy every morning, which is like a two hour interview. I guess with the producers are two hours well really long. I don't feel like ten hours. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because they obviously only take snippets of such a long chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, but yeah and everything. You have to answer everything in full sentences, so you know, for an example, if they say are you attracted to Blake, you can't say yes. You have to say I'm so attracted to Blake, or yes, I'm attracted to Blake, or I think Blake is amazing, because obviously they can't use yes in a show. So I guess when you're sitting around a house and every morning you're being asked about Blake and all the girls are talking about Blake and the only topic of conversation is Blake, and Blake is amazing at that time because he's wooing you and he's dressed nicely and he's taking you on dates. So everyone's just becomes so obsessed with him, and having come in fresh, I wasn't obsessed with him at all, and I was just so shocked. It felt like they were so brainwashed, and it was so like it felt so genuine that they were actually in love with this guy because you're on a TV show thinking about him and he's like the one who comes and like, if you're lucky enough, you get time with him. So I was quite shocked that, Yeah, it wasn't that they fell in love with him the first night because I was an intruder. They'd been and there ready, But I was shocked at how emotionally invested they had grown to be over the course of the two to three months. I'll never forget Sam Frost. I think it was either Sam or Louise, but I'm pretty sure it with Sam Frost had just been on a single date and was really really threatening to leave when we came in because she was just so distraught that like the new people would come in and they all felt really territorial, and the girls were so lovely, like they were nice people. I just think being in a house and not having that contact outside, well, like you know, you're not working, you're not doing anything, you're just sitting around thinking about Blake. It felt like they were really invested in him, and that shocked me.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was the producers who were fueling that, Like do they tell you sort of on the sly, hey you know, Blake said this about you?
Speaker 1: Or do they try it because no, I mean, of course they have these people in there who I didn't even know what they call it. I guess producers, but they sort of live with you in the house. They don't like go home at night, and they feel like you're best friends. Of course, they like tell you all these week things and and they're actually really nice people, like, at the end of the day, this is a show, it's going to be They want it to be good, and they want the girls to be invested. I mean, have you ever seen a contestant ever walk in and say like, oh, this guy's not for me. It's not really it doesn't happened of them, so so yeah, I mean, of course it's manipulated a little bit. It's not all reality. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you also spoke about you kind of termed it that you felt like a puppet for TV ratings in your journal. Just how much control do you think the producers did have in the final edit over what you said?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 2: Was there something that you said that got totally taken out of context?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent? So you know, the filming goes for hours. Like to give you an idea, my Row ceremony, So when I was an intruder, I came in, we met Blake we walked down the aisle as if it was the first night, same same as you would on the first night, and met Blake and then you know everyone had they won on one time, and then there was a road ceremony that actually went till four in the morning, over two nights, same hair, same makeup, over two nights. Like you saw that episode air and I don't know, it looks like an hour or something that these are really long. Yeah, the filming goes on for a long time, and you're exhausted, Like half the time when you when the camera focuses on someone rolling their eyes and a rose some or anything, you're just really exhausted or your feet hurt from wearing heels founding around, but you're just over it, like you might not even want a rose. I don't know, but yeah, you've got to remember, like there's hours and hours of filming and the boxes that I spoke about earlier. You know, you might be speaking for two hours or one hour or whatever it was at the time. I actually remember, but it was a long time and they might just take one grab of what you've said, So yeah, they can make out of it whatever they want. And when you speak, they can put music on in the background, or they can focus in on your licking your lips or rolling your eyes. I don't know, but they can really create the picture of you whatever they want. Of course you have to say the stuff, but they can also keep asking it. And it's not like that you're locked in a room for the boxy. But until you really give them what they want, I mean, I don't know. You can get it done a lot quicker if you just answer the questions in full sentences and cooperate.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and is there a lot of alcohol flowing at these cocktail parties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually don't drink, which is I never drink. I never taken a drug in my life, so I am also someone who loves control, so I made the decision obviously drink on the outside world, so I didn't drink on me in the mounsion. But yes, there is a lot of alcohol. As you can imagine. Producers love it when you drink because your filter goes and you can say, you know, you don't care what you say. You sort of forget about the cameras, Like I remember telling myself that my own brain like, oh my god, you're being filmed. Watch what you say, you know, don't say anything stupid, but really quickly it gets to be the new norm and you forget about the cameras and you just you just do say stuff, even though there are cameras everywhere. I imagine, like the girls are whatever. Months like, you just get so used to it. I don't know, so alcohol definitely was flowing. I don't know now if they've got limits or anything, but yeah, they loved they loved offering you a wine and they were a little weighted. Who came up?
Speaker 2: And how much time do you actually get to spend with the batchelor. I know you're an intruder, but if you are in there for a while, did they actually have enough time to grow a significant relationship with that person?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a really good question. Like, look, I wasn't there for long enough to tell you that very little. On a cocktail party, as I mentioned, like that would be film till three four in the morning sometimes and it's really long because Blake would go into a room and he'd have his boxy interviews and they'd interview each girl. And I mean, when let's say my private chat, that was probably fifteen minutes or you know, when I walked down the aisle and I said my little spill to him in the beginning, like it's five or ten minutes. The girls would be waiting around for weeks between, you know, if they didn't have a single day. I don't know that there's not that much time, So not a huge amount. Unless you're there till the very end and you've done hometowns and you've had single dates and you've done many group dates. It's really not a lot because there's so much that goes on in between that. Yeah, there's not a huge amount of.
Speaker 3: And on the same kind of topic.
Speaker 2: For instance, in America, I feel like they've got the fantasy suite and I feel I don't know, I feel like they must spend a lot more time with that person because all those relationships seem a bit more genuine behind the scenes. Is there time for girls to sneak out and go and see the bachelor or spend time with him overnight?
Speaker 1: Okay, like absolutely not. I don't know as well, like my series was a long time ago, it was twenty fourteen, but completely not. I think the US one is, Yeah, there's no sex on the show, there's no sneaking out, there's no where to go. You're like locked in as a bouncin. Definitely not.
Speaker 3: I was gonna.
Speaker 2: I just had a thought with the producers. I did hear a rumor a while ago that they had baby monitors in rooms so they could listen.
Speaker 3: To what is true? Would they go to that extent to.
Speaker 2: Find out what you guys are talking about?
Speaker 1: I never saw a baby monitor as such. That would be great advertising. No, but no, I never saw that. But you just got minders who hang out with you all day and they listened to you. I'm not I remember feeling really anxious about keeping my journal in case someone would go through my bags and find it, Like I filtered what I wrote sometimes, So I remember that feeling of like there are people everywhere, there are cameras everywhere, everybody is listening to you all the time. Like let's say you're hanging out with the girls. The producer would come up to you and be like, oh, guys, can you talk about like today, how you felt when you came in and this person went crazy, you know, or whatever, and they like give you conversation starters kind of thing, and then they would film it. But I don't know about the baby monitor things. I think that's the rum. There are real cameras.
Speaker 2: Do they stay in touch with you guys after the show or is it sort of as soon as you're gone, they're gone.
Speaker 1: It's pretty degrading if I'm honest. I mean, you're chucked in it, like when you don't get the rose and the music comes on, do do Do? Do do do? You're walked out, shoved in a car, you're asked how you feel. I mean it is there's a camera like shoved in your face, Like the cameras aren't fat like you literally you know, you're in a car. So if you can imagine someone to producer in the front seat being like, oh, you're upset you didn't get a rose, like you know, if you say like, oh, you don't care because you weren't attracted to Blake in the first place, then you just look like a you know, like you're just upset and you look silly. And if you say, how do you win? Like you can't win on these showscuse matter what you say, you just look like an idiot. But I guess you've got to realize that going in and no matter how much like you think, you might get portrayed, well I think, I mean, how many people on the show. How many girls you watch on man you're like, oh my god, she's so cool, Like there's it's not that many. You're always like an idiot or a villiant villain or there, well hits really nice girls on the show, like they're all Some were smart, some were great girls. But I don't know. I don't think you can really come out winning. Some ross was great. There have been many examples, but I don't know, just been should be mindful when you're on these shows, Like you think you're going to be really cool and you're gonna be yourself, but they can just make cut it and edit you to be whatever they want, and it's not going to be an interesting show if you're just a normal person. It's going to be an interesting show if you are dramatic and you are emotional, and you do get emotional and dramatic because you've been stuck in a house for weeks. So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, that's such a good point. I think that's important for anyone listening that might be thinking of entering. There's been a lot in the news recently, I suppose, with the tragic death of Caroline Flack, although she wasn't on a reality show as a contestant. It's brought up obviously Sophie and Mike, who committed suicide after the show. Do you think there is enough care in place for people in Australia who have been on reality shows.
Speaker 1: It's so fascinating to me because you know when I went on in twenty fourteen, you know how now you get instant fame. I mean, you get off the show or even during the show, they're posting heaps on Instagram, they're tagging you. Really wasn't like that in my day. I already had a following from I mentioned my blog. That's why when I'm a show, to promote my blog one of the reasons. But yeah, back in my day, like we didn't. It's not like they tagged you on Instagram. You got this instant following. So I really when I got off the show, it was just it's went back to my normal life. Like as well, I wasn't on there very long, so but yeah, I mean people who won the show, what went hometowns and were more memorable, they need a lot of care, like especially now that that news of Caroline Black is horrific and it just shows you the gravity. Like people who go on these shows are just normal people. I know it's just the host, but the contestants or whoever you are, they're just normal people. Like they don't have any idea that after the show that some people might watch the show and we completely horrified that they are the villain. Like they might just have said stuff that you know, sounds completely normal, but when you put the music behind it, or you cut it up or I don't know your zoom in's the eye rolls or whatever it is, they're like really shocked, and I don't feel like there's enough support. I don't know. I find it fascinating as well, because I watched these girls come off The Bachelor and all these shows and like interact with the fan so much. I'm thinking, like why just like ignore it, just block your comments. I actually got off the show and did not use social media for four and a half years. I completely it was the end for me. It was like the tipping point where I'd been blogging and I'd been in Miss Australia, which is a joke. I'd been on The Bachelor done all this stuff which was just superficial, and when I got off the show and met my now husband, who absolutely hates all of that stuff, like the fact that even had a date with me that I after I'd been on the Bachelor. It's like the biggest joke because he just despises all these fake situations. So I really feel like, yeah, just get off social media, like, have a cleanse of it. I know it's really hard, but far out if anyone. If anyone couldn't do it, it was me, and I did it for four years, So I don't know engaging with it all and reading the comments, just like the people who write this stuff are so low and I don't think they understand the gravity of what they're doing because yeah, I mean move Islander's Testament to that, and you wouldn't say them in the real world, Like no one would ever come up to these people in public and say this stuff, so why they're writing it online? But there needs to be so much more care. We had a psychologist on the show who apparently we could reach out to after, but I always got the feeling like maybe this was wrong and maybe I was just paranoid as mentioned with my diarial, scared that that would be found. But they told us that we could always call the psychologist after and you know, but I don't know, you feel like it's so contrived that you're a bit worried to do anything. It's like, well it's rather papermones colleges if I needed want because I don't know what they're going to feedback or I don't know. It's just when I got off the show that that was it. I think I bumped into one of the producers once after Westfield and I actually lived with my room at the time, was the silist on the show. Yeah, so I had a bit of like, I mean, you're not allowed to talk about anything that goes on. I didn't even over won it, but yeah, my situation was a little bit different. You know, you see all these girls like after band together and they become really you know, they go out together, they build their followings and whatever. I took a completely different route. I was just over it. I'd been blogging for seven years already before this, before Every Man and their Dog had a blog. So my my reaction was probably pretty rare because I just was like, whoa, I'm done with all this stuff. I don't speak to any of my friends who've really been on reality TV shows anymore and just got married and had a kid and went back to my work life. So yeah, but more care needs to be taken. It's pretty scary how emotionally unstable you can see now as well with stories, things like that didn't exist when I don't think stories existed yet twenty fourteen on Instagram. But it's just scary to watch the contestants get so constant because at the end of the day next year, they're going to be forgotten and there'll be a new match. I don't remember who I am. I walked down the street. I mean, I wasn't a huge part of the show. It was on a couple of episodes, but I don't know. I think I feel like you think everyone's going to care, but no one does, just being part of a show like so, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's so true.
Speaker 2: And when we're going to see that, you know, with the Maths contestants this year, everyone's going to forget about Jess and Martha and we've got I mean, it even disturbs me seeing how some of the people have been portrayed. I don't know if you're watching it, obviously your husband's not a big fan, but it is that whole it is that whole kind of disposable aspect of the show. And as you were saying earlier, you're a lawyer, but you also used to write a blog. Do you feel like they really wanted to pigeonhole you into what they probably deemed as it somewhat superficial job title.
Speaker 1: Of course. I mean they had two lawyers on the show. One of the intruders, I don't. I think one other one I kind of remember, but yeah, it was the fashion blogger. I was pitched up against Lorena to be like the one who's got to come in, and like, it's just they just paint you whatever they want to paint you. And I like, my blog was a huge part of my life, don't get me wrong. Like I ended up quitting law and actually doing my blog as a business. This was well before even anyone knew what a blog was. People like, what are you doing? They couldn't understand why I was posting this random stuff. But yeah, they just they make of you whatever they want, and I really feel like they decide that at that very first meeting, you know, when I went in there and I caught a cab from work and I met them for the first time they said do you want to be on the show? They knew already, Like I believe then they would know they'd cast you in their brain. They're very good. They're amazing the producers. They produce a really popular show. I mean, The Bachelor is a very popular show for a reason. It's funny, it's hilarious. I still watch it. I don't watch maps, but I do watch The Bachelor, and it's sort of addictive and funny. And even I fall into the trap of paying out the girls or like laughing. And so many times I sit with my husband and I say, like, why would someone go on this? Any woman going this? That is like fab you did. But I just have to remember these people going it for a reason. It's I'm sure many people have the dream of falling in love unless they get the dud Vauchelotte like I did. Just like it was just the worst Bachelor ever, Like, come on, if I'm doing this, give me someone good.
Speaker 2: We're touching on your blog, it's pretty impressive because you worked your way up to work with the Kardashians.
Speaker 3: Can you tell us a bit more about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, So I had a blog for about seven years. It was kind of something. I started it just as like an online fashion journal. While I was at UNI. I was kind of bored studying commerce law, and it was a creative outlet for me. My dad has always been in fashion I so I get a lot of clothes from all the supplies that he would sell to, and then very quickly built up quite a large following. And I literally used to get shoes and bags and accessories and everything just landing off on their doorstep from every single PR company. They would I've got a photo, I have to dig it up, but like piles and piles of stuff to liver to my door and people would expect me to blog it. And I was made. This was like what I was doing for work at the time, and making quite good money out of it. And I'll never forget. One day, the Kardashian collection arrived. The whole bunch of stuff that was about four pairs of shoes and three hand digs or something. They arrived on my doorstep, and they called the PR company. And it didn't want to sound bitchy or anything. There was just like, hey guys, all this stuff's arrived on my doorstep. We didn't really talk about it prior so idn't select it, and my blog was quite genuine, very genuine, and I wanted to ensure that what I blogged was stuff that I liked. So I just kind of called them, was like, hey, what is this stuff? And like what am I getting out of this? Like if I do choose to post it, like normally get paid for this kind of thing. So I sent them my kids and whatever. Anyway, So a couple of days later, after I'd posted it, Chloe Kardashian actually posted it on her Instagram and my webs I just went crazy. I've got a million hits to my website in a couple of minutes. I was actually in a meeting at the time, and when I got out, like I just remember, so many of my friends like messaging me like holy shit, oh my god, have you seen this? Oh my god. And I didn't know what they were talking about because they didn't screenshot or anything, and they didn't mention Chloe or anything like that, so I had no idea what was going on. And then I went on my Instagram and just saw it completely explode. And that's when I saw that Chloe had posted that. I mean, this does not happen these days because she would probably get I don't know, two hundred thousand dollars. We like promoting someone or you know, a brand, so I was pretty rare that I don't know. I was shocked and I called the PR company. I was like, whoa, thanks, like you guys organized. This was pretty cool for my business and I was inundated with other brands wanted to work with me, and that's kind of how my blog really took off. So that was cool. And then after that I just started blogging for the Kardashian Collection on Instagram. That yeah, I would they would send me stuff, I would photograph them, and then they would use the content and post it about it and they would tag me, so it was pretty cool. There was no money involved, but it was a really cool collaboration where for a few months they would promote me and I'll promote them, but normally, you know, you're kind of featured on their site as well, so it was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: So how many extra followers do you get when one of the kut ashy and shares your post?
Speaker 1: It was crazy a watch. Yeah, as I mentioned, like my website completely crashed. I actually ended up, like as I mentioned, stopping my Instagram for four years, but a lot of many thousands back in those days. She I think Sally had like only but I think she had like one point five million followers or something, so it's not now like she has twenty five million. This was years and years ago, so it was way before The Bachelor. This would have been like when Instagram was not fresh, but I don't know, probably eight years ago now, so yeah, to give you an idea, Yeah, she had on one point three million followers or something, so I got a fair few thousand. But yeah, after The Bachelor disabled it all and kind of annoys me sometimes I wish I kept it because well that's the other thing actually, when you go on a Bachelor, As I mentioned, I went on there to promote my blog, but it ended up doing me a really bad injustice because I actually signed a contract saying that I wouldn't post anything until I was out of the mounsion and from the time that you go in the mounsion till when it's released, sorry to when it's released, I couldn't post till when it actually aired. Wow, that was several months. Yeah, so I think it was about seven months of not posting anything. And as you can imagine, a blog relies on like new contents. People come into my page and it was just nothing there. I remember I put a post saying like, hey guys, I'm I'm not going to be around for a little while. Like I couldn't I couldn't close anything because it was just like, hey, I'm taking a little time out. It never came back, like six or seven months. So The Bachelor actually was the worst thing for my following because the whole thing in those days was to just keep on, you know, putting content out there. So it didn't help me at all. But yeah, the Kardashian definitely did.
Speaker 2: Does the does the contract say anything about dating? Are you allowed to continue dating when the show's on?
Speaker 1: I can't remember. I definitely did. The second I got out of that house, I called my now husband. I was like, I'm an idiot. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: Never have gotten that cop on that show. Please date me? So did he we went on a date? Because did he? No? He said he never did. I don't know. I don't think he did. Honestly, he's just not interested in that stuff. Like I dragged him to watch The Bachelor now, but he hates it, so I honestly don't think I was portrayed pretty like an idiot on there. I don't think he would have dated me if he watched it. Watched it nothing too bad, just like a superficial blogger, which there is a lot more depth to me than just fashion which if you see me now, I've got a kid, I've always got like milk all over me. I'm not very fashionable. It's not always what you see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now I've got to ask, because I was a huge fan of Blake series of the Bachelor, and of course it ended quite controversially with him proposing to Sam Frost and then dumping her for Louise.
Speaker 3: Did he propose to him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he proposed to Oh no, it was a third season with the ugly ring, but yeah, she did propose to her. Do you have any inside gos like was that a huge surprise to you and the other contestants when all of that happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have inside gos. I was completely shocked. I remember watching it with my roommate, who she's a stider that she obviously knew, but she's completely couldn't say anything, but I was shocked. I don't have any inside gos. I honestly put it down to the fact that you know you're on this show. You've always got cameras in front of you. Everything's all amazing. You're normally going on fancy day, it's really nice. You know you're being filmed, so you're just not you got one hundred percent true natural, like you're not seeing the bachelor on the couch in his unbe kind of hanging out, you know, and like this setting that is glamorous and lovely. So I don't know. I guess maybe when camera's off and stop rolling, I don't know who knows what happened. And you know, when you break up with someone, I guess you always think like, Okay, well I had this really great bond with Louise, for instance, maybe I can stir that back up. I have no idea what happened, so I can't comment, but I guess it's just one of those things that maybe it didn't work out with them. And yeah, if you ask me if it was like all predecided. God, I hope not that level of like manipulation. I don't think so, but I can't comment. I don't know. To be fair, I was shocked.
Speaker 2: To be fair to Blake, it seems like they don't actually know each other that well, so you could kind of see if the one relationship wasn't working.
Speaker 3: Again, if you don't know someone that well, don't propose to them as well. Ye, you get very true.
Speaker 1: You get like I totally agree that you don't know them that well. For sure. You do not know them in a natural true self in the natural environment. You know, sometimes they're not even living in the same state, so it's really awkward and you're like, Okay, now what with like to move in with you? Like, how do you even do? It? Is the long term thing, but the producers definitely, Like I remember the first time I met Blake, he had an earpiece in his ear, and he knew a lot about me, like details like I don't know I mentioned when we were in the lockdown at the Star City Casino before I went into the Mountaion. You're interviewed and you tell them everything, like like you I told him, I've got a teeny tiny little dot tattoo literally on my ankle, Like Blake knew everything like he had it, because how's probably expected to even remember everybody's names, you know, there's five or six new intruders, like I wouldn't remember five people's names, and another twenty in the house. So like he's got a microphone, he had an airpiece, like you don't know. Yeah, it's I don't know. My best piece of advice go watch this show on stand called Unreal. You will knack your head off. I mean it's a little bit traumatized. That definitely don't go to that extent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean there were no drugs though, but yeah, it will give you a t and I'm sure you guys can imagine, like they stay like, oh, why don't you propose?
Speaker 1: It will make for such great ratings or I don't know, maybe they had a sponsor with engagement ring that I have no idea, but they definitely you get swept up in it all. I'll say that much.
Speaker 2: And apart from watching Stan, what would your last piece of advice be for women who are applying for the show this year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it's different nowadays. I know a lot of people want the fame, or they go in there to promote the business or to just have the experience, and all those things are fine. Or if you go in there to find love like good luck. I don't know, like it's an interesting way to find love, but it has worked, so that's another valid reason. I guess it's the premise of the show is to go in there and find love. But just remember, like after, you know, you think you're gonna be like husually famous, and they are very There are people who come out there big followings that you do. You can become an influencer. That's your dream, But I don't know, there's a lot modern life than just being on a TV show. And I had a great experience and I love being on the show. It was funny. I wasn't in there for very long and it's a story that I always have. But yeah, just like you know, you've got to be pretty mentally strong as well, and not everyone's going to like you on the show. You might not come across what you think, So yeah, I wouldn't get too caught up in it after and just don't replied all these trolls just to get off Instagram. Why waste It's such a waste of life, Like, go on there. I'm on that. I'm back on there now because I've got a daughter I'm super proud of and if you're so cute, and I enjoy a post like real things that happen in my life. But just be mindful. You're signing a life away. And when you go on those shows, you have to remember that the idea of the show is to get ratings and to get people watching the show and enjoying the show. And if you're happy to be a part of that, and you don't mind how you're portrayed, go on it. It was fun. I loved it. But you're not in control of how you are portrayed as much as you feel like you can be, or that you might not drink alcohol like I did, or you know, you can still be portrayed in other ways. And there's nothing damn drink to me. I don't care how was portrayed. It was, it wasn't here, looked more there. It was fine. But just be really mindful of what you are going into. And also it's a huge commitment, like you've got to quit your job or put your life on hold for potentially several months, you know, like it's not unless you go in and as an intruder. Oh that's pretty fun, do that, brather, because I don't think intruders ever win, and you know the bonds have already been formed. So going in as an intruder I guess, but yeah, I mean, be prepared to experience things that you've never seen or you'll be battled. Keep a diary, it's really interesting to look back on it later.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for joining us. I've had such a great time chatting with you, and I know Sophie has two.
Speaker 3: I loved all the thank you with us.
Speaker 1: Oh no, column, We do hope.
Speaker 3: You did enjoy listening to the show. If you did, please leave us a review and as we said, just be kind out there. Thank you so much for stay