Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week. Thereby, Hey guys, welcome back to TV Reload. I want to thank you for clicking and downloading on today's episode with Ursula, one of this week's eliminated Australian Survivor players. This is the third week of Brains Versus Braun two and we did see another Braun player get booted, and we are going to get some hot takes on why Ursela was eliminated and what she thinks of this week's gameplay. Ursula will talk about her relationship with Nash and how that affected her game overall. Ursula will share what she thinks about Noonan and what she has to say will shock the average viewer by revealing where their friendship is. Now let me say it is not where you think it is. It is a little bit complicated. I find out about why those buffs were dropped early and what was actually happening on the Braun camp that wasn't welcomed by Ursula. You will get everything from Ursula's takes on the eliminated players this week, concluding Max what she thinks of that epic fase self challenge that we saw getting tied and who deserves to come back next year that's actually going to really surprise you. So there is actually so much to talk about. As per usual, guys, I'm a massive Survivor fan, So sit back and relaxes. We unpack the wonderful world of Australian Survivor, which is back this Sunday night, and let me tell you Week four. I am ready. How are you good?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm very well, you know, I'm I'm kind of shocked by your game plan. I'm just going to get right into this because when I saw you in the cast, I was like, she is a weapon. People are going to be so excited to have her because you just bring the strength. And then almost straight away it's like people didn't see that, they didn't see you for what you were worth. Did you feel like that?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I mean I was targeted from the start, so yes, I did feel it.
Speaker 2: I did see it, but I.
Speaker 3: Fought for eighteen days, so I wasn't going to let it affect me.
Speaker 1: Now, you fought for eighteen days, like you survived. Yes, you were put up again and again. Does this happen to you in your real life? Because I'm looking at you right now and you look like so sweet and lovely. You do not look like someone who should have a target on their back.
Speaker 3: No, listen, I have copped it a little bit in my life, but you know, I just get up every day and I do what I need to do, and you know, it.
Speaker 2: Is what it is. Who cares.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to let anyone kind of bring me down, just not how I roll.
Speaker 1: Really, people in the forums kept saying that you played to emotionally. Do you think that there's any truth to that, Like, I don't see that as me reading you out some troll comments because I don't think that that's what it is. But I think I didn't see it like that when I was watching it. But then on reflection, maybe there's some truth in that for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I think, particularly in those last two days, I was playing emotionally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's because there was there was a lot going on that.
Speaker 3: Wasn't shown, particularly how Noonan was treating me. So that was ultimately why I wanted her gone, and it showed because the public are also seeing it as well.
Speaker 1: I have to get into this noon and conversation, but I feel like just one beat ahead of where I need to start.
Speaker 2: With with some of these informations, we can wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll do a separate podcast, the Noonan Podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh poor noon I feel like you.
Speaker 1: Go to sleep at night time and you'd be having nightmares about her. But Nash. People kept thinking about your relationship with Nash. If Nash wasn't there and he hadn't sort of orchestrated a relationship with you, things might have played out differently.
Speaker 2: For sure, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: He really advocated for me, and watching that first episode, I did not know. I mean, he tells me what he said, and he told me that he advocated for me, but really he can say whatever he wants because I will never know until the show is and I didn't, and I saw that he advocated for me, and I was just shocked by that. I really did not know, And I'm so blessed to have had him do that, because had he not, would have been me.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: You're not regretting that relationship with Nash then, oh absolutely not. Do you know what's so weird was when I caught up with him, I full disclosure. I found him quite polarizing on the show. But when I caught up with him, I really brought into his energy and who he was as a person. You think there was some kind of a disconnect between Nash and who he is versus the personality we saw on the show.
Speaker 2: For sure, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: You know, even when the cameras weren't around, he made us all laugh. He kind of Anyone would say that all I did was crack up at him. You know, he'd make these one off comments or one line as while we're all laying in bed together, and I would just crack up. So he's definitely a little Nashy. I'll call him Nashi Pear because he's, you know, round in juice.
Speaker 2: He like a Nashi Pear. So you know, he's got all the goss, he's got all the laughter. That's what I call him, Nashi Pears, So you know that's exactly how he is.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like, then we need to step into this doing and thing really quickly, because you know, we've only got twenty minutes, and I feel like this Bible X twenty minutes. But what do you think was the biggest problem with your relationship with Noonan, Because it really did set itself up for this ongoing rivalry.
Speaker 3: I mean from the start, and I would say this all the time, particularly to Petere and Kristen. She's just fake and that's fine. She can go into the game being fake. If that's the game she wants to play, then that's fine. That that good on her. But it really shined through while she was playing the game, and it's shined through on the TV.
Speaker 1: Well. I just want to say, fake is a It's a big thing to throw out there, sure, because like you know, for me, I see her as maybe the younger sibling of some more dominant personalities, and over time she may have learnt to be loud to be heard, and I think that that still can be who you are. Do you think that you're saying fake in those terms, or do you think that she was fake in sort of misrepresenting herself.
Speaker 3: She would say one thing to me and then say another thing to someone else.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, we saw that.
Speaker 2: Yes, So that's what I mean by fake.
Speaker 3: If we were all in a group, she would act a type of way and then act a different type of way when she was with others, And.
Speaker 2: I think that that was mostly only with me.
Speaker 1: Do you know what My theory on this though, is for you is that I think can secure people in social situations picked the weakest person in their mind to sort of mock in a weird way them be elevated. And I wondered whether or not that's something that Nonan was doing with you, was that you were probably the weakest link out of everybody in an obvious way, so it was fine for her to elevate herself by pushing you down.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Oh yeah, for sure, Okay, for sure. I mean I didn't have this.
Speaker 3: I didn't have those connections straight off the bat with people.
Speaker 2: But as the days.
Speaker 3: Went on, the role reverse, so I really started gaining some real relationships. And I mean the alliance that she was in the kind of pushed her out a little bit, just prior to tribe swap, and she wasn't all what she made out to be. So I mean, I love her.
Speaker 2: You know, I've had friends in the real world.
Speaker 1: Are you talking in.
Speaker 2: The mill like I've had her at my house?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, did you poison learn to get the mushrooms out to secretly poison her?
Speaker 3: No? But honestly, since my elimination, there's it's been a bit rough because obviously she hasn't had very good feedback from the public. But as I've said, we go into the game knowing that we're going to be portrayed in any way, shape or form. You went into the game being that type of person, so you have to accept the backlash.
Speaker 1: God's a lot to swallow for her, though, do you know what I mean? Like, Yeah, it's a really hard thing going on reality TV because it isn't as straightforward as this is a true mirror about yourself, and she is lovely. So you're saying she's fake on the show and then you found her to be real in real life. This is interesting.
Speaker 3: Oh no, No, I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 1: Because you don't have a camera to play back what she says when she leaves your house, thank you exactly.
Speaker 2: I have tried to do the right thing.
Speaker 3: I've invited her to my house, I've made food for her. But you know, I still feel the same way I felt on the show.
Speaker 1: But I would say that you knowing that you had such this is how I would play the game, and who cares what I think? But I wonder whether or not having such an outstanding beef something that's going on, shouldn't you just tidy it away, like that's what I think i'd probably do.
Speaker 2: I tried, and I actually tried on several.
Speaker 1: Occasions, and you were like, this ain't happening.
Speaker 3: No, she just kept on lying to me and saying, yes, yes, yes, Sola, let's do this, yes, yes, yes, you know, but it never happened.
Speaker 1: Well, we should talk about that lying, because was she lying when she said Karen's name, Because you scoffed very loudly in that tribal council when she threw you under the bus, and you'd thrown her name up lying again.
Speaker 2: Then okay, I'll tell you the full story here.
Speaker 3: So Paulie actually came to me and said, hey, this is what we should do, and told me that whole story. And then Noonan came over separately, and then I relaid that story that Paulie gave to me, and she made it out like it was mine. We've all spoken about it since the show. Paulie admitted it at my house that it was his idea. But apparently I'm hearing that he's he's.
Speaker 2: Saying no, no, no, I didn't. I didn't. That wasn't my idea. So you know whatever, let him have it and let them have it. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I just love this. This is it's still going on, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: This is absolutely If they want to choose to believe them, then that's fine. I've been known to be a truth teller, They've been known to lies.
Speaker 1: So let's all lead to believe we're all just maying ourselves right now.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: But you predicted all of this so accurately. I mean, I don't think anyone's ever had an exit interview that goes for thirty seconds that sums up people so accurately, Like did you for off over yourself when you said all of those things? Because you ticked a lot of boxes. You're like, Noonan's not who she says she is, Paul's not who he says he is, and AJ's controlling the camp.
Speaker 3: Goodbye, Listen, I always say, and I say it all the time, people's true colors will always shine through, regardless how fake they're being. And for those three, I've picked it, and you know, I think I picked it right bang.
Speaker 1: On the money. I wonder whether or not this series is setting up this is all fresh cast of newbies. I wonder whether or not this series honed in on some rivalries happening to bring you guys back, because do you think there's any truth in this? In my theory, Kent and Max Kent Burt Max's hat, they're definitely coming back. There's a rivalry, come on, and now Max is gone and Kent's gone. You know that's what it is. You have this rivalry with Noonan. So I feel like the four of you could easily come back for another series of Survivor called rivals. Could we be onto something?
Speaker 2: I mean, give me a time, a date, and I'll be there.
Speaker 1: Would you go back so easily? Because it's a firstful environment. You know, I have.
Speaker 3: Said, I've said this to Noon and I've messaged her and said to her, this is not over. If they ever want to the police rivalry or if they ever want us back on, it's on.
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm ready. I mean, it's not over. She got me in the end, but we'll see how long she lasts. I mean, we'll see how long she lives.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like maybe that it might have been too early to drop the buffs. I don't know if the buffs Maybe I'm not as big a Survivor officionado as I think I am. But it felt very soon, like very early in the game. What's your theory as to why that happened so early?
Speaker 2: Yes, so it was definitely early on in game, and I.
Speaker 3: Think that's because there was just not much gameplay going on at all in the bron Tribe. It was really hard to There was a group of six Alliance and it was really hard for myself, PD and Kristen to ruffle any feathers.
Speaker 2: They just were not budgeting and that's a boring game. Let's face it.
Speaker 3: Who wants to watch six people singing Kumbai behind a camp you know around it?
Speaker 1: Well, not on this show.
Speaker 3: No, you go on there to play a game, to be controversial, to stab people in the back.
Speaker 2: Why else would you go on the game?
Speaker 1: Well, they're different shows. I mean like the Jungle I'm a Celebrity is a bit like that. You know, everyone goes into the Jungle to win that game. You need to sit around and tell your sad story and relate to people and you know, get along. Where with this one, it's on the box, it's on the tin. It's like live chat and steel and you.
Speaker 3: Will get absolutely, absolutely absolutely I am one hundred percent on the same page, And I said that sometimes we'd all be sitting around the campfire and I remember pulling these faces and I'm thinking, what am I doing here listening to these people rap and sing and playing clapping games.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Well, and you're like, what show did you guys sign up for? You know, then going home early. I wonder whether or not the dynamics of what was planned for this show got thrown out of whack because he was, you know, presenting himself as to be quite strong. Do you think that there's a possibility that, you know, early on, if someone leaves, they should try and replace them. Should they have a couple of spare survivor castaways ready to replace someone like that so early on, because it did feel like, you know, having him have his accident and then fall out, that it kind of upset the dynamic a little bit. I mean, it could be just me.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could have some castaways on the side ready to go for me. I mean, I was upset that he'd gone out the way he did, but at the end of the day, I was at the bottom, so it was one less person I had to convince to kind of, you know, be on my side. I hope he gets another chance because he was gone way too quickly, and I really think that he had so much more to give because he was He actually even had quite a similar gameplay to Nash, except I think he was a little bit more calculated and he didn't show that side of him that much.
Speaker 2: To most of the cast members.
Speaker 3: So I think he would have done really well had that not have happened.
Speaker 1: And it really leans into the ongoing debate about challenges on Survivor. I'm always like, make them really hard, you know, make them really stressful.
Speaker 2: But unless you have to go one on one with me, then.
Speaker 1: Shit, I mean, I'm going to tell you. I'm going to tell you. So I was watching you in that challenge with the music and everything, and I it was so intense, Like, you know which challenge I'm talking about is that the challenge with Karen holy Manoli. I was like, this is like you know when you're stumbling across TikTok or Instagram and you see of like two snakes fighting where it's like I don't even know who's going to survive this. That's what it was like for me.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's what it was like living it and watching it. It was unreal and I didn't actually know that it went for that long. And I suppose while we're there on that platform, you don't realize that we're fighting, that you're fighting for that long. The thing is is that we're both as stubborn as each other. We were not going to let either win. So but I think it's going to go down in Survivor history as one of the biggest and the best challenges.
Speaker 1: I'm going to co sign on that one. I'm co signing that it was for sure. He was so epic. I think I watched it twice and I just was like both times I had the same reaction. It was sort of jaw to the floor. Before we move on and I lose time with you, we need to talk about the two other people that I've left this week, because everyone will want to know your perspective on that. With Rich, I've heard on the grapevine he was a bit disappointed with the fact that he's come out. But with Rich, do you think it was a bit rich that he said in his exit interview that he was just about to get spicy, Because that sort of pisses me off with reality TV people when they're leaving and they go, oh, I'm sad that I've gone, because you know, I was just about to get spicy, you know, like.
Speaker 2: You should have already been spicy.
Speaker 3: But I saw him already being spicy. He was a bit of a snake, and I kind of get why people didn't like him.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, that's why we go on the game. We go on to be spicy, we go on to be a certain type of person, and he was that certain type of person. Maybe it wasn't as spicy as what it could have been had he been there a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: The thing is is we all want to get to Merge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you do.
Speaker 3: Downplay it a little bit. And even that was my game plan too, Okay. I wanted to kind of be quiet and lay low, and unfortunately.
Speaker 2: At backfired because I just wanted to get to Merge. Come Merge.
Speaker 3: I would have unleashed, and I think I did start to unleash there a little bit with mernin It's just.
Speaker 1: For me, Like if I was to order some hot spicy chicken from KFC, and the piece of chicken I've eaten was then to say I was going to be spicy, I'd be disappointed.
Speaker 3: But sure, absolutely, But at the end of the day, we also want to get to a certain point in the game. And that's for Aj too. He hasn't been spicy up until now. It's just like the draw really, and.
Speaker 1: Then we've got Max. You'd be watching Max and you'd be looking at sort of this week he all of a sudden became like Jim Kerry Ace Ventura, Like what I mean, great television, my friend, and for sure so entertaining, but way to blow up your game a little bit, don't you think?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? And unfortunately he went on with an idol. He should have used it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he really is like that in real life too, because.
Speaker 3: He's just that really loud bubblea kind of you know, ready to go attitude. And I think he did have so much more to give. I mean, as I said, it's just like the drawer. Unfortunately, Yeah, I hope he does get a second chance, because he really was coming through.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was very entertaining. I got to say that, like, you know, I was really shocked for them to even for him to.
Speaker 2: A bit popular with the girls. They love him.
Speaker 1: Yes, do you know, I know this is a terrible thing to say. I'm probably gonna have to cut this out of the podcast, but I thought he was gay and then when I I found out that he's no straight and he's going out with someone who's like, he's like an older lady or something, and I was like.
Speaker 2: He does do you like the older girl too? Yes?
Speaker 3: Actually originally from Cambrian. When he came here we ended up going out together. I'm like, oh, I can see why the girl's like him.
Speaker 2: He's charming. He's really just yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm charmed. I'm charmed. I mean he could be a little bit too much for me.
Speaker 3: And he looks even better with his shirt off, just like Kaylin does.
Speaker 1: This is a different podcast now. I am so loving chatting to you. But the last question I ask everybody that joins the podcast is what is something from behind the scenes, something that we didn't get a chance to see? And I thought about asking you this question when you did your exit interview. Do you get did that just fly off the cuff for you? Did you just say that? Like how long are you recording that for? Because that is the best thirty seconds of Survivor this season just now there on to the wall.
Speaker 3: We don't even have time to think because we're eliminated.
Speaker 2: We're gone.
Speaker 3: We've gone from tribal counsel to a chair and then to that exit in you and it's just like lights everywhere, cameras everywhere, and you're just like, oh, I don't even have time to process my emotions because I've just.
Speaker 2: Been voted out and here I am being blasted.
Speaker 3: With questions, so you don't have time to think that. It's just becomes naturally to me to just be.
Speaker 1: Like that, I love it.
Speaker 3: And there that's the entertaining Ursula that that really didn't come out or play out on the screens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how I was. That's how I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm ordering a second serving of Ursula. So thank you. I'm up for it. I'm here for it. I'm not just saying that to you because you're on the podcast. I genuinely have put on my bingo card that Max Kent Ursula and Nonan are definitely kind I hope so.
Speaker 3: And with all the drama that Noonan and I have, curiously, I do love her and I would one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Go back on the game to get in you The feud.
Speaker 1: A sequel to your storyline is like the sequel to the Wizard of Oz Wicked A four hour two part one bring on two movies. Amazing. Thank you so much for being so generous with your time and chatting with me today. I've had a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate it.