Speaker 1: Everyone, Welcome back to the Mason Cock Show. We've got a big preview episode today with all the games coming up over the weekend. We've got Collingwood versus Port Adelaide Colinwood coming back off a buy. We've got Carlton versus j WUS two teams in form looking to maybe get JUS off the undefeated streak. And then we've got a blockbuster on Sunday afternoon, North Melbourne versus Hawthorne. Ladies and gentlemen, it's gonna be an epic one. And don't forget we've got your fan questions at the end of this and Braden roasts me for what I'm wearing. Yes, you're gonna want to hear this. It is a lot in this episode, but thank you so much for tuning in. We're gonna get straight into it. Okay, legends, welcome into the show. Now, we've got the preview, and also we've got some fan questions at the end. As always, Braden, you're gonna give me an all time roast on what the hell I'm wearing. Apparently right now you got to listen to this whole thing. It's gonna be an all time But we're gonna start off with the preview. We've got Saint Kilda versus Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium. Oh, you've got this as a fraud watch game on this sheet. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome to the lab. I feel like Kingy and Lee Montagna. I'll be Kingy.
Speaker 1: Oh just talking about nothing.
Speaker 2: This is yeah, one hundred percent for odd watch. I think I can trust Saint Kilder. I feel like I can trust Saint Kilda. I feel like maybe Bulldogs have more talent. Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Really killed the last by one point. To Julia, youer boys last week.
Speaker 3: Read into that what you will.
Speaker 2: I am picking Saints in this one because I need the Bulldogs to prove to me they can get these games across the line.
Speaker 1: You know, Brandon stuff you, I'm going Western Bulldogs. I've got this. I've got this, I've got this. They lost, but they're back. They're going to be back. You know, you got the big fellows in the middle are going to get a million touches. He's going to look make everyone look stupid, and Bulldog's gonna win this.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if I look back at the scripts from previous years, it's going to have They probably do win this. The Bulldogs come out and win this, and that will add to the frustration because it's like, well, where's this every other week?
Speaker 1: So well, they're played at home games. Essentially, they're both play it more of all the time.
Speaker 2: I feel like they need to win this because it's it's I can't, I don't want to say it, but it's.
Speaker 3: People are swirling around Bevo. It's been talked about for years. He's got the teams. He's making statements at selection like yeah, the people one, yeah, but they're yeah, they're.
Speaker 2: Just dropping players, playing players as subs that I don't know that they're taking their young kids out to. It's a weird selection headache down there at the kennel.
Speaker 3: But we'll see where they're at.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into Adelaide versus Essendon at Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 3: Now, this is a crazy game.
Speaker 1: I'm so interested in because a couple of.
Speaker 3: Weeks ago they were junk.
Speaker 2: They're scoring thirties and now two amazing performances at the same time.
Speaker 3: Are they on the up? Was it anomaly? Was it a blip? What is.
Speaker 1: At Adelaide Oval? Adelaide versus And I think I've got Adelaide actually winning this one. I think at Adelaide Oval bit at home Crow they just want to see a W on the board. At home Essendon, Yeah, I don't know. I decided still yet to figure out exactly where Essendon's sit on this whole kind of thing. Different oval, different size. It's going to be an interesting but I think I think I've got Adelaide winning this one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think even if they both show the exact same amount of promise going into this game, I probably have Adelaide. It's just an Adelaide home game. Hopefully they've figured it out. The shackles are off. They did score one hundred last week.
Speaker 1: We know how big that what happens when we score a.
Speaker 2: Hundred, So if they can score a hundred again this week, I reckon they probably win. That's a big, I don't know, a big statement.
Speaker 1: Talk about big statements. You're saying that the Bombers are on finals contention if they win this game. Is that right?
Speaker 3: When did I say that?
Speaker 1: That's right here on the stage Finals on the cards of Farmers statement?
Speaker 2: Because I definitely wouldn't be saying that Bombers.
Speaker 3: I don't know Bombers are a fringe team.
Speaker 1: For me, They're a fringe team.
Speaker 2: I love their pressure, I love their pressure. I love what Zach Merrett's been able to do this year. And he's taken them boys with him, and is in particular Jake Stringer because I don't think I've ever seen Jake Stringer layer tackle and the tackle that he put on Liba last week killed him. Now I'm probably like, maybe don't take a seat because you're a risk to all the players out there, but Barrel love to see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm probably on the Adelaide train.
Speaker 1: One thing that's going to go against our Adelaid prediction here, the Crows have not beaten the Bombers since twenty seventeen. That's pretty well, that's not good. That's not a good statistic for us, the Crows.
Speaker 2: I feel like everyone's beaten the Bombers, not the Crows.
Speaker 1: The Crows about a little bit of time to get him in that we've both got the Crows on this one. Move into Colin versus Port Adelaide at the MCG you happy to be back, happy to be back at the old home ground, not traveling this week, which is nice, you know, and playing port, which is a good game. You know, we beat him just barely last year at Adelaide Oval game was an intense game, rain and everything else. And it's going to be you know, both teams. I feel like, you know, they've got the pretty similar you know list from last year, and they're going to go into it and bash bash each other, I guess. But I'm excited for a little rock battle.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Who you got the Newport ruckman over.
Speaker 1: There, the Newport ruckman, Newport ruckman?
Speaker 3: Solder?
Speaker 1: Oh, Solder, Newport? What is Newport? New Newport? I was thinking like Newport is in like a town Newport? Okay, yeah, sorry, yeah, tell me that one Newport Oval. Yeah, you've got me and that whole thing. Yeah, Solder. I'm excited. Solder. He's got the heck of a just hair and mustache on the man. He's an absolute legend. I'm excited to go against him.
Speaker 2: Thorney managed to get a plumber against Solder, which is pretty wild because the week later Soldo came out and just towed it up. So yeah, you reckon, I reckon. Set that challenge for you. If you fall short, you still hit the moon. What's the saying? Came for the stars?
Speaker 1: Shoot? For the moon. If you don't, you land in the stars.
Speaker 3: But the moons before the stars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you shoot for the so you keep going past it.
Speaker 3: She's that scary?
Speaker 1: What else are we looking at this game?
Speaker 2: That reminds that Sandra Bullock thing where she gets stuck out in space scary times.
Speaker 3: Don't let's not shoot for the moon. That's scary. Let's just aim high. Let's just stick with a high.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you've had a whole heap of really close battles with port. There was that one a couple of years ago because I went to the they had like a singles dating night function at the MCG.
Speaker 3: Got myself a nice ticket.
Speaker 1: Got that blind.
Speaker 2: Obviously I don't reckon, I don't reckon, I talk to anyone, but I throess I remembered you one because everyone is getting up on each other's shoulders and dancing to the DJ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I still left single.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Just a few tips after seeing last week, don't fire up Charlie Dixon, because we know that's what makes perform. Well, get out there. Maybe Horny Frank Pully sucks down or something. You got to do something to get in his head. Because horn Francis butters Rosey incredible, scary, scary they do.
Speaker 1: They are a very very good team. It's going to be a tough game. I think it's a pressure game. This is going to turn out very much a pressure game. Ball Team's value pressure highly. So that's definitely going to be a statistic to look out for on the day.
Speaker 2: What brought your pressure back? Because they were talking about this your pressure from class schools and so you just didn't.
Speaker 3: You just decided not to tackle in the first couple.
Speaker 1: Of rounds of focus. Man just made it a focus. Tackle counts definitely up and go on. They have like a statistic, it's like pressure number of pressure. Pressure, like you know, into the pressure game is just like no clue. But if it's around two hundred, it's good, which you want it to be in the green. You want to good red bat. Let's all you need to know about.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's for all the teams out there.
Speaker 1: If you tackle well, if you kill it under it and you get around two under the pressure, I can Almos guarantee you're going to win the game, which is crazy. He wouldn't believe it. We'll move into the next game. Carlton versus gwis this is going to be an interesting one. Now it's over at Marvel and this is one of those games Carlton coming off of last ye wis type win against Saint Kilda. They are, you know, two the teams that are in form right now. You could say they're going to go go off again. So who do you have in this one?
Speaker 2: I actually I don't think GWS are scared of any Oval, like they're not scared of really well, they'll go anywhere versus anyone at any time. I mean, you've probably got to line it up with the fixture. You can't just be rocking up to Marvel at two o'clock on a Tuesday. But I reckon they've got Carlton's number because now I'm a bit question marks about.
Speaker 1: Carlton after losing the outlay just by two points. Yes, maybe it was at Marvel though, so maybe there's a maybe there's an issue of them being at Marvel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe Carlton hate Marvel. We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: I'm still trying to figure it out because we've been wrong a lot. So now I'm just trying to go like branch out and just have different theories about anything, because I think everything that we've predicted so far has been incorrect, So if we could just start to maybe throw some stuff out from the.
Speaker 1: Do not place bets on our predictions.
Speaker 3: Helena, definitely don't.
Speaker 1: So you having this one Carlton, So I'm assuming it's stupid GWS. Yeah, you know massive out will be Sam Taylor massive. He would just blanket one of their four and they need that with with trolling out there. Yeah, it's it's going to be interesting. We're able to find someone else to fore that have good replacements their back line, Yeah, solid back line. I do have Carlton winning this game. It's gonna be the first loss for WUS mid It is going to be a midfield battle. Was going against it and he killed it last week.
Speaker 3: But he also killed it and they lost.
Speaker 1: True, But yeah, it's going to be interesting if Carleton loses two losses in a row and then I think everyone's kind of go all this hype around them at the moment. Obviously they're a loss of the weekend, so maybe the other team are pretty happy about that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I agree with you. If they lose to in a row, they could really capitulate, I think, is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: The whole thing. It's like, you know how the media works, It's like you have two losses all of a sudden, you know, it's like everything's gone wrong. Well maybe we just lost two clos plus he's lost the boys. Yeah, it's something bullshit, they'll make up. Okay, we'll go to the next game. Brisbane versus Geelong at the Gabba.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, Fagan lost the boys, but now they've they've won them back, so that he's got the boys back.
Speaker 3: Brisbane Geelong.
Speaker 2: See this is one where it's like Geelong get tested because they've been versus in the north of the league and undefeated. So now they go up in their verse Brisbane at the Gabba. Hopefully Brisbane lost at the Gabba's figured the Gabba out because they couldn't win at the mcg and now they can win there and they can't win at the Gabba, so they've flipped it.
Speaker 3: But let's see how they go against Geelong and a.
Speaker 1: Few inns for Geelong. Also, you got Danger and Hawkins are going to be back.
Speaker 3: Why their kids coming through now, they.
Speaker 1: Don't think those are going to be kids. Reckon, those are.
Speaker 2: People the suns by Now how old those blokes are, but yeah, they're going for six and oh surely there's there'll be a stat throughout the week come out if you're six and oh you're guaranteed to win the next two Grand finals or something, because we always hear those ones. But yeah, if the Lions are without Charlie Cameron, is that what that says up there?
Speaker 1: Suspend?
Speaker 3: It could be oh he has those he had the little.
Speaker 1: Figure it out. Yeah, but it is gonna be interesting one Geelong, I don't have winning this game. I think Brisbane now has found a little bit of the groove now getting the ball rolling. I think they don't get to win at home and whose fault?
Speaker 2: That was North Melbourne? What North Melbourne gave Brisbane their first win and then they remembered how to win and then they now they're winning.
Speaker 1: Thanks North Thanks went over to Melbourne at the mcg like, so now they're unstoppable. It would be it would blow my mind if this was, you know, Geelong just absolutely blowing this out of the water.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's gonnappen. I think Brasin is gona win the GABA. Who do you have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to Brisbane Brisbane at the Gabba Gabatoire.
Speaker 1: They're back all we got the next one. West Coast Eagles versus Free outoptis over. What do you'all call? This is the showdown?
Speaker 3: The Derby or the Debby Derby.
Speaker 1: Derby or Derby I'm not really too sure, but it is the w a Dabby Derby.
Speaker 3: Do you say Parma or Palme?
Speaker 1: Parma? Parama?
Speaker 3: Me and Harrison say Palmo. We're trying to make it happen. Hell, we're trying to.
Speaker 1: Can we stop? This is just ridiculous, trying to bring Palmo in. No, just just full stop. No, you're not doing it, sounds not doing bring Parmes on the West Coast.
Speaker 2: Don't get fooled by West Coast performance last week. They're still ship So Freo is gonna win this one. This is my patterner bring up the graphics, Q sound effects, the cocks luck of the week, the cock lo.
Speaker 1: BC lock of the week. Can we go with the week? Brandon?
Speaker 2: Give them the couple of the clamps. Put it on them because Freo win this game. They got the midfield, the forward line, the back line. Harley Reid. I don't know who are they going to talk about? He's going to get don't argue I don't even know this week.
Speaker 1: Good luck, good luck. Yeah, I've got Freo winning this one. I don't think Frio is going to have a high scoring match. I don't think they're one of those teams that scores a lot. The tough to watch the times, but it is working for him. Yeah, So it's one of those things. They've lost a few games, yes, but they have been close games that they've had an opportunity against good opposition too. So I've got them beating West Coast at after Sobal, after Stadium. But yeah, it's going to be one of those where we have the win of West Coast last week, we see, you know, if they can build on that momentum and try to get another win on that.
Speaker 2: I want to see him be able to, you know, take the shackles off and risk risk a score to get a score like get to one hundred.
Speaker 3: Let's do that two hundred, which they did a couple.
Speaker 2: Of times, like people are talking about, like they only score sixty earlier in the season. They've got a couple hundos or like one hundred and thereabouts. Let's jump into Sydney Gold Coast Sons. Now your boys are up against it for this one. Sydney fresh off the buye. They're coming in mint condition, so.
Speaker 1: The old Gold Coast is convincing. Winn against Hallforn. Don't tell me this is just going to be a blowout. Wow, I've got to go with my boys, don't get me wrong. Tough, tough choice. Swan's at the SEG. But yeah, the Sons have been looking pretty dominant.
Speaker 3: It's not that big a trip.
Speaker 1: It's just to road. Same. It is an interesting one though. Obviously Sons have had a pretty hot start to the year, so it's going to be tested against one of the best teams in the league right now with Sydney who's come off a bye, like you said, so they're going to be fresh for this one. From a home crowd, I have to go my team. But if there's a game that I'm gonna be going all, this is unfortunately probably not going to go on our way. It's it's probably this game.
Speaker 2: This is rough because you have to You're on the Suns every support and they're just not gonna win. They're just not gonna win every week. But gws, I'm on, I reckon they could win every week. I'm giving this to Sydney, the other Sydney based team. They're just good and they need to be winning these games. They're going to be that the top four. They're a top four team. They got to get up and in there. North Melbourne versus Hawks.
Speaker 1: Fuck you.
Speaker 3: Do we have to watch this? They should?
Speaker 1: You know, you wouldn't believe it's a Sunday afternoon game.
Speaker 2: Let's just let's just not broadcast this, so one will throw it back to the old school. They just do the if you haven't seen the game, look away now and they just read out the scores on the on the news because we don't need to watch this.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is a game we don't need to go. Versus Mitchell just bonanza.
Speaker 3: This is the punch on in the in the goal square and that determines the winner.
Speaker 1: Just like he's a minuce. He fight to the death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dahn Mitchell is just he's the same he's got he's a scrapper.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just have to go youth. I just have to.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So who's going to actually win this game? Besides the whole fist fight and the goal, This is.
Speaker 2: The one I want North to win like, I want North to be winning this. What right does Hawthorne have to be winning this over North's list? Their list is like, arguably Hawthorne's list is only just starting their rebuild kind of phase. They're like maybe two years into it. North is like freaking like six years into this rebuild and we're still like in first gear. Get it going, come out, beat Hawks, celebrate, remember what it's like to win, and then just keep doing that.
Speaker 1: North Melmourne this one, yeah, North, Yeah, I want to choose North on this one too. The first win on the board North ball is going to happen.
Speaker 3: The problem is both coming off that loss as well. So but maybe that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe it'll be a real good game because they'll both be cracking in low skill, high pressure.
Speaker 1: To watch Sunday afternoons and then after that we've got oh no, there's Melbourne and Richmond both have a bias, a bit of a refresher for both. Then we talked about them, you know, maybe needing it with a few injuries on the list, it's going to make them better for the long term of the season. But that is it from the games this week coming out now, this is one of the parts where we blossom. Right, this is a footy questions as we get back to the community. This is the reason why we're here. We want to give back to the people are listening to this podcast.
Speaker 3: Love this, love the fan questions to death now rely.
Speaker 2: Like we talked about, this means we don't have to do as much work because the fans do half the heavy lifting for us.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 2: I feel like Patrick crips after Sam Welsh came back into the team. I just get to chill out for a week.
Speaker 1: Jeesus, that just subtle.
Speaker 2: That makes it seventeen minutes into this podcast and he hears that I am fucked.
Speaker 1: That's so good Luck.
Speaker 3: Fine, now questions, let's jump into this one. This is for Luck. This is from Lucky to you. Who's the goat, greatest of all time? And that's all it said.
Speaker 1: So I say every sport whenever he talks about this, and I can't go past Serena Williams. I think you look at the total championships, the total amount of wins and everything else, like had the kid in the middle of it, a bit of why not you know you MJ, you know, had the baseball you know, little blip. I guess that he went and did in the middle of his career. Obviously won a lot of championships, But if you're looking at numbers statistics, it's tough to say it's not Serena Williams.
Speaker 3: How's it not Novak Jockfit.
Speaker 1: He's getting there, he's not finished yet. You can't say he's the goat. Yeah, he's already the goat.
Speaker 2: He's better than the other guys that were considered to He's better, like he's flogging Federal.
Speaker 1: I will say that. The amazing thing is, yeah, he did it in the industry, sorry, in a part of sporting history where there was other gun tennis players that were playing. So I'm still going Serena.
Speaker 2: I still think it's a dope sport that it's like, that's hard anything that's one on one you and your brains. So I would just capitulate. What else were we got it from Jayden? Probably Stevenson. No, it's not Jaden Stevenson, but he wants to know who's your favorite Akos brother.
Speaker 3: It's got to be one favorite son.
Speaker 1: I love them both, let's be honest. That doesn't matter now I'll go no, I do love them both. Absolute legs. But I probably played midfield a bit more with with Nick, so I probably see a bit more of him in the in the center like Josh does playing in the in the midfield, but he plays on the wing, so you don't probably see him in the contest as much. So I probably interact with Nick on the field a bit more.
Speaker 3: Toup that Josh hate.
Speaker 2: And he's been around the club longer, you're not making an effort to get to know the boys. On to the best midfielder in the comp from Dan Walker all the.
Speaker 1: Time, and Pelly had a slow slow day last week, wasn't as much as his previous weeks, but I'm still saying that's one of the best in the comp. His abiliting is to move around the way he does at the height he is and the way he is is so impressive. He can go down and take a clunk, he can absolutely just smash their people and get out of tackles and break break whatever is in front of them. But he's one of those is just so multifaceted in there in their midfield. It's tough to go past him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to think of some but nothing got nothing this one. Would you rather kick a sick goal sharkers or take a huge hangar from Mountie.
Speaker 1: I actually think it's the hangar because if you look at like what people remember more, it's a hangar. Yeah, sick goals get kicked every week, let's be honest. But a hangar that just lasts a lifetime or But the thing is is like whenever I jump in the air, it's not really that impressive. So not getting off the ground as much as you know Jeremy Howard and stuff like that, where like if I got on someone's shoulders one hundred and ten killers, they collapse. They don't hold you up. Yeah, they just far from underneath you, so you don't really get that nice look and just clunk above people's heads.
Speaker 3: I'm going to run with a couple of that you've taken.
Speaker 2: So obviously there was the big chair ride that you got against Essen in that time where you looked like you were sitting on an invisible seat just hanging that.
Speaker 3: It was very It was odd goal. I feel like my fa like.
Speaker 2: The running bounce gulls are always hilarious, but you did one against Richmond not in the twenty eighteen prelim. It was like in a normal game and you walked around like three Richmond players and like snapped the goal and it's like where that I was?
Speaker 1: I was confused. I was like, where's the handball? Did someone come and take the ball from me?
Speaker 2: It wouldn't from like forty that was wild, I reckon, that's probably my I was more surprised.
Speaker 1: I think they went through after you could see in my face of like, holy shit, actually went through the post.
Speaker 2: So was that one like a stock standard like from the pocket? You kicked that snap like last year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, from versus n that was wild. That was pretty fun.
Speaker 2: It went through perfectly. Let's jump over to the general life questions.
Speaker 3: We do love these.
Speaker 2: This one from Beckmac what has surprised you about Ossie culture? I read that so slow because the font is small. After that, sorry, what surprised you about Ossie culture?
Speaker 1: I would say one of the weirdest things is the bread for sausage rolls. Sausage sizzles the whole, like the white bread. It's so weird to me. Like I understand the Sunday at Bunnings, you get it, but like the fact that you don't have just like a bun for a hot dog that is like in a very meriative thing. Right, we have hot dog buns in America, And like whenever I came here and saw a slice of bread used, and I told someone this week and I was like, it was as if you had nothing else in the pantry. Yeah, and you're like, what can we put together here? Okay, we'll throw some even hundreds of thousands butter and bread. We'll just put that together. We'll slap it on and feed our children with it. And it is one of the weirdest things. But I think the multi of what y'all use for bread here is just like there's no limit to it. Anything. You can just slap bread on. You're like, yeah, that'll be good. We got sourdough and shit like do it fancy bread to it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have good bread. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I say the food. The food here, Tim Tams a few the things and VEGGIEMI we're not going to go there.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're picking out food because you guys are that obase over there.
Speaker 1: Like sugar and everything. I'm not saying it's better, I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: It's different times. I reckon, we have got you guys that far covered breakfast.
Speaker 1: It's not wellut doubt and coffee obviously, but we'll move on the next one. What did you do during the bye week? From a Laurel twenty second.
Speaker 3: I'll answer that, would you asked?
Speaker 1: Because we were all sick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I did a lot of work. We got a flat out week, and then I've been setting up. We've got a studio tour, We've got a couple of tours's got a couple.
Speaker 3: Of new podcasts, starting.
Speaker 1: Up Businesses podcast over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we did.
Speaker 2: We did a six hour live stream of UFC three hundred, which is pretty wide time jeers. But yeah, it was basically setting up for that. In between just flamming it up.
Speaker 1: Loving that she was great, delicious. I was so tired all week. What about you? I had a very wholesome little weekend. I went to the markets, got a new plant. I'm very much a planted guy. My house is like and it's that they're thriving. I'll be honest. Real plants, real plants. Everyone says they're fake, but they're real. Green thumb's get a lot of light in your apartment. Enough, yeah, enough, I'll open the windows every morning for it. Just to make sure my babies are happy. It's the only responsibility to have. I don't have a girlfriend and don't have a job. Sorry, I have a job, so I don't have a dog, so dog it's a very little responsibility. So I you know, my plants are my my biggest care at the house. But yeah, just went around and had nice coffee, chilled out some friends I haven't seen in a long time, and it was nice. Nice at the weekend. Nice.
Speaker 2: Now this one, this will split the nation from Zach Matthews. Jocks or silky boxes or full briefs like silky boxers.
Speaker 3: Who's silky boxes?
Speaker 1: That's that's a present from your your wife or girlfriend for sure. Silky boxers.
Speaker 2: Silky boxes flashbacks are like you think you're Hugh Halfner. Flashbacks are like high school where the guys are like wearing the silky boxes and their pants fall down and like the silky boxes mushroom out of the top of the jeans.
Speaker 1: Freak.
Speaker 3: I don't know what girls were looking at us, going like fucking hell, I gotta be attracted to one of the and boner territory gonna say, silky boxes. I don't like them.
Speaker 2: Jocks I'm not going with those triangles like when I was a kid. Maybe when I was a kid, No, thank you. It's box of briefs, like the fool briefs, like the bike shots. Almost yeah, I got those of the bamboo ones.
Speaker 1: Three step one.
Speaker 2: I swear they must think that I have like stocks in step one because I tell everyone, And that's the only gift I ever get from my family for every occasion, Birthday, Christmas, I just load me up with step ones.
Speaker 1: There's nice litt nugget for you.
Speaker 3: I had about four hundred of them.
Speaker 1: They're the best. That's absurd, Okay, the best jox is the answer. I think silky boxers is fairway down the list.
Speaker 3: No full briefs.
Speaker 1: Is that what jocks are? Yeah? Just the triangles. The jocks are triangles. I kind of thought they were. I am the brief skuy, but yeah, couple jock boxes, but eight out of like jock MATI we just called bhity tidies back. I think the skid stains on the back would just cramp everything up too much, wouldn't it. It's just it's a lot of real old man really secure. We don't need to dissect.
Speaker 3: Really secure, but way too tight.
Speaker 1: Wa way too. Let's move on to the next big your favorite bet you just love that.
Speaker 3: You've got plenty of updates to this one stacks kids.
Speaker 1: Do I want kids? Brighton? I would love kids. Can you imagine pop out a kid? I've got a few contracts. I think I've verbally signed with a few people are over six foot? Where if I don't, you know, have a kid before like thirty five? You know, you just have a kid with them, push them off to the NBA, make a bit of money, and just see the financial benefit.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's slavery a little bit, but it's okay. But yeah, so everyone wants to know about the father son. You're eligible for father son a hundred games?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Uh?
Speaker 3: What will you be seeing a eight foot Mason around.
Speaker 1: Without a question?
Speaker 3: Have you thought of kid names?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: My middle name's Troyce. Maybe Troy Troy's a strong name, strong name. If I did have kids that I put in the basketball early, that's what I would do. No offense AFL, But yeah, I wouldn't mind. Kids are one day one day? What else were out there? What did I put on my hinge? What do you put on a hinge? Profile?
Speaker 3: Do you have a voice prompt.
Speaker 1: I feel like voice prompt are a bit weird.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, every time I listen to one Kraane, Yeah yeah, I need to remove.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something that's funny, something I'll engage conversation. Isn't that the point of the props. Yeah, it's hard. It's hard. Google it, Google it?
Speaker 3: What the best one for anything?
Speaker 1: You did? Chat GPT.
Speaker 2: Everything, every email I've ever If you ever received an email from me, and it doesn't sound like an eight.
Speaker 3: Year old wrote it, chat GPT because I am dumb.
Speaker 1: Bro, I would say.
Speaker 3: You can't say yep, you're pretty. Have you been on any dates.
Speaker 1: Like man, I have actually recently. Yeah, it's all about it right into a guy with amazing cos date. No, I didn't take a guard day. I actually did. I did have a bro date the other day. The plant. No, well that was this is a this is a couple of weeks ago, and we're sitting there and like it was just us in this back into this restaurant and this girl comes in to like order a drink and she's got a little kvoodal and the dogs aren't allowed in the restaurant, and she kind of said a few few shampers, and she kind of walks over and like kind of looks at us, you know, and gives a look to our table of just two dudes sitting there having a nice, nice dinner. It just drops, the dog drops it, but like puts it down, does it? Puts the dog down, just puts it, like puts it on the floor. Let's go with that. Yeah, floor, And the dog, obviously, being a dog, like looks around for the next human being to go run to, and like we're the only two people in the actual place. So the dog sprints up, you know, jumps on one of those Yeah, your dog is nuts, that's all. That's scary that your dog scares the ship out of me. But this dog runs over to us, and it was like the ultimate opener, you know. It was very but it was so obvious though that we both kind of chuckled about it. And she was so she had quite a few trains that you could tell. And then the lady that we had made friends with that was working behind the bar saw this whole interaction and come straight over and was like, miss, you need to leave. It was like, you need to you need to leave. This table kicked her back outside.
Speaker 3: Line did you drop your dog?
Speaker 1: Like? No. But the weird thing is, on Friday night, I saw her in line at this speech that I went to speaking gig and she was in the line getting the water behind me, and I don't think she even knewho I was. It was just like had no clue. I was like, yeah, I reckon, she's had one too many drinks that that's for sure, doesn't remember anything that happened. And asked her at the end, I go, how's the how's the dog going? I said the dog's name? She was like, freaking the how the hell do you talk about asking about my dog? Yeah, but you get the man, that's it.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're lying to us.
Speaker 1: But something else.
Speaker 2: I went out to the bar like I went out on Chapel Street, which is why I got sick. Yeah, because I shouldn't ever leave the road that runs between my house and the studio.
Speaker 3: And it serves me right.
Speaker 2: But I feel like this girl was trying to chat me out because she was watching the footing and she was like, oh, I put a tip on like the bulldogs to win by this much, and we're like we're watching it and that, and I was like, ah, you're fuck this up? Yeah, stuff this tip tips are ship And then I just kept dancing and I was like later, I was like, oh, she's probably like chatting.
Speaker 1: To me, She's trying to get an open conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just shut it down.
Speaker 1: Someone told me the other day that Australian men don't approach Australian women. Is that a thing? Well, men are afraid to approach women here in this country. I don't know. I don't know. I don't Maybe when we put this out to the to the world, is that the truth women? Did men not approach women in Australia? Is that's an issue?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But like I think we've been through it, but I reckon It's like if you if you're ugly and you go up to a hot chicken, you're like, hey, how's it going. It's like, oh, this creep came up to me and started harassing. And then it's like if the same person came up said the same thing, but they were good looking, It's like, oh man, this, how do you fucking try to know?
Speaker 1: Also versus the situation right, like, what for a male is an acceptable place in time to like start conversation with a female? It is? It whenever you're ordering drinks at the bar, I feel like that's the time to go and kind of be like standing next to someone you're kind in the same faceny, like what are you getting you now? What do you what's the drink of the night.
Speaker 2: Or if you chatting someone up at the bar, you're looking for a different thing. It's not I'm not thinking married my wife and had kids.
Speaker 1: Because everyone to somewhere, well that or what your hinge profile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much, either that or the hinge Like, yeah, I don't know, I don't know. We don't approach.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it's I think it's approached the bar or you're sitting next to him. It's got to be some kind of like in the vicinity somehow you kind of cross pass. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Another side note from the Chapel Street trip was I went out with gas and he got egged on the way home and then he was like, I.
Speaker 1: Got in the car.
Speaker 3: No, he was walking home.
Speaker 1: He got egged.
Speaker 3: Someone walking leaning out of the car threw an egg.
Speaker 1: At him, and that's the new like milk into the and we were like he was just.
Speaker 3: Text me about it and we're like, oh, that's wild.
Speaker 2: And then he was on TikTok and some girl was like, I don't know if it was just me, but I got egged on the walk home from Chapel Street. And then in the comments everyone's like, I got egged on the walk home from Chapel Street.
Speaker 1: It wasn't just a baker's, doesn't It was more than.
Speaker 3: Cereal egger going down Chapel Street just egging people.
Speaker 1: Godly, that would be a rough thing to go from like one bar to another, get egged in the head and you're sitting there and covered in egg juice going into the next place trying to hit on someone.
Speaker 2: Like the girl on TikTok was like, oh, yeah, I went in, got into a place, washed it off and went home immediately because and all that's not a deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not fun. Whoever's doing that stuff also eggs top egg. I would feel like it would hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this ship got drilled in the back of the head, not where you want.
Speaker 1: To get hit with an egg. If it's like one of the smaller Now this.
Speaker 3: One, we can move on to this one. Best outfit choice for first dates.
Speaker 2: Now, Mason, if you're only listening to this, let me describe what Mason's wearing.
Speaker 3: And he has no idea that he's doing something terrible.
Speaker 1: Is it that bad?
Speaker 3: So he's wearing black jeans, and obviously his legs are four k's long, so they're not that long.
Speaker 2: It's not like I see a lot of ankle, and I can see a lot of ankle because he's wearing ankle socks. He's wearing ankle socks, runners and black jeans. White ankle socks.
Speaker 1: They matched the white shoes.
Speaker 2: Now no one wears ankle socks anymore. And I feel like there's only a certain thing that you can get away with ankle socks. It's got to be like I don't know, I feel like it's an ick.
Speaker 1: Are a lot of games, so what's allowed. It's either no show a long side or long side, but you can't be wearing It's pretty hard to get away with white socks and black jeans too.
Speaker 2: We're talking off air. I feel like a bit of Michael Jackson going on. If you if you're doing that, I think, so, yeah, you gotta get You can go with the black socks, but they've got to be long side.
Speaker 1: White long socks. No offense because you're wearing it right now, but I don't feel like they look good.
Speaker 2: See that's there's not many people on the planet Earth that think like white lung socks. They're fine, they're good.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe maybe it's ready. It's a red flag to wear white. I'm looking at show so.
Speaker 3: Much ankle right now.
Speaker 1: I feel ankle. But I mean it's sixteen, you know what, big flippers, big flippers.
Speaker 3: So would you wear that on a first day? Shorts on a first date?
Speaker 1: I would wear this on a first date. Or a leather jacket out the other night, that fine statement. Yeah, I felt like John Travolta, did you pop the color? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well it was it was too small the day and you're like, I forget about it.
Speaker 1: I had to crash an ak. I gotta tell this story actually walking the street that day. It's one of my friends and it's like before we had a few drinks over the weekend and there was this party on this top of the roof of this building next to my house, and I was like, oh, I wonder what's going on there? You know, just big disco lights, there's people parting out of the back. Oh this movie. It's like some little house party or something so kind of like waltz in and you see it's an event space, and I'm looking at my friends at all we go out? Should we just crash the party? Just check it out? I don't know, that's the kind of fun thing to do. Just walk in. There's no way of like knowing who it was or what it was for or anything. And so we're sitting there looking at we find O it's an event space, and the elevator comes down. We're having this conversation where not we go and crash it? And then the elevator stops and people get off and we're walking next to him at the same time, and I was like, before they get out of there, I was going, oh, I guarantee you we could walk in. No one would say anything. We just get through a foot tall bro yeah no or someone whatever it is. And the people walk out and it's like four like seventeen or eighteen year old girls and like two parents. And I look at my friend he goes, yeah, I don't think we're gonna go. The girl's like, oh my god, I've got to take the fun. I was like, oh, what's going on upstairs? Like an eighteenth birthday party? I was like, all right, cool, we're gonna go, We're gonna leave this, We're out of here. We'll see you right now. And I thought it was like a business event. I thought it was gonna be good fun. Yeah. Maybe so I was like thirty years old or something. But it was in eighteenth So that's glad. I didn't hit the button to go up in that elevator a little bit a rude awake and be like, oh, floor seven, now must be floor five. I was trying to get.
Speaker 3: That's where you're at. You're like, oh, business party, that could be fun.
Speaker 1: It was like a business building. I totally misread the situation. It was an eighteen year old's birthday party.
Speaker 2: Now speaking eighteen year old, just show up now, speaking of misreading the situation, goodbye.
Speaker 3: Kiss on a first day, yes or no.
Speaker 1: He depends how well it goes. I don't think the first day is what I find awkward. Is you know, whenever you drive someone home, when you're in the car and the whole lean over the middle console kiss. Yeah, that's always weird. Yeah, that's always a tough one. Yeah you said that, and I was like, he does do that. In my mind, I was like I can see this.
Speaker 2: I've had the We got feedback over the you Smell Good thing, which was actually a joke last podcast when I said it it was a joke, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got some good feedback. The kiss on the cheek.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I reckon it just depends on how many drinks you've both had. I want to make that clear, because if if you've had a ton of drinks and she hasn't, don't that's criminal spirits. I had gone in we both had kisses, drinks, kisses. Well, yeah, we shared a kiss, we both had drinks, and then I went the kiss reciprocated, but then got a weird look after it, and then.
Speaker 3: I know straight away every time where it's like never see you again, Like it's more one way. It's like them looking at me going like why am I here?
Speaker 1: Do you think? They look at the mole and they're like either you like, you hate?
Speaker 3: That's real split and like that's the benefit of having the app. I think they see it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if i'd recognize you if you didn't have the male Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now I'm scared to lose it because it's like, what do I look like under there?
Speaker 1: A child like white skin? Like sun Tan has seen the sun in ten years scenario.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm going to do this as well, because I reckon, I'm in that bad shape, like all those questions. I haven't been on a date lately. I went on that last day that was a car crash. So what I'm going to do is like I'm a soldier, right, tell me what to wear, I'll wear it. Tell me what to do, I'll do it. Tell me what my hairstyle should be, tell me where I should go. I need advice down to the teeth. So jump on, jump onto my insta. Dude, go to Brydon dot Cox.
Speaker 1: You're giving me and everyone else full control.
Speaker 3: Tell me what to do, because like this is what I do.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I go to the same guy to get my haircut, but unfortunately he was fired. So I walked in there, I said, I said, you'll do whoever. The guy that he had scoliosis so bad. He looked like a question mark. And normally I wouldn't point out someone's to the podcast. Normally I wouldn't point out someone's physical flaws. But he fucked my hair up, so screw him, and he's like bent ask fine, So and then I just go into Uniclo and I dropped like six hundred bucks on fifty of the exact same T shirt. And then I just wear the same thing every single day because I'm just I'm doing the business thing and I don't have time to think about the other stuff. So I need you to go for all those like I need girls. I don't need guys to come across and tell me what to wear because they don't know. So girls, this isn't a creepy ploy. Come over to my Instagram, DM me be like, wear this, where that?
Speaker 1: Go here?
Speaker 3: First date? Here?
Speaker 2: Tell me what to do because I have no freaking idea and I'm not taking advice. I'm not taking advice from Mason Cox who walks around with his ankles out.
Speaker 3: I need good advice. I need good advice. Where's the first day?
Speaker 2: Because I just take them to the one same spot and eventually the bartender is going to be like, oh, you're here last a week with you talking about just it.
Speaker 3: Just I don't need that.
Speaker 2: I need some options, I need some clothes. I need I need I'm starting to scratch. I'm starting at the bottom. Hands hands up.
Speaker 3: I need help. I love that first first step admitting you have a problem.
Speaker 2: Second step getting help, getting help, not getting help from you because you're single and alone forever.
Speaker 1: Thank you, I appreciate that's very kind of you. We're going to end the podcast.
Speaker 2: So we'll taking advice from Harrison either. I see him laughing away behind that.
Speaker 1: He's the only one that's actually on the missus here. We're going to end the podcast on that. Hopefully everyone enjoyed the preview and a bit of the fan questions. Thank you for us as always for putting him in. Appreciate that. It's always good fun to connect backed with what everyone's interested in about our lives, about football and everything else that is included. But a massive, massive thank you to everyone that's involved. Hopefully you have an incredible weekend ahead of you. The footy is going to be incredible and we'll see how it all pans out. There's a quite a few little interesting matchups over the weekend, but it's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 3: You'll smash, so you'll smash it. Plumber.
Speaker 1: Tom will tell everyone thank you so much for tuning in, and we will see you next week. Dan