Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: Just hosted a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Ye are you yourself for the rude shocks of young adultsthood in high school?
Speaker 2: I thought compulsory. I meant you had a choice. So my year advisor, Missus Moyman, went on a Mitch Math's compulsory. I went fantastic ches of drama. It is Mitch, Julie and Mitchell kus.
Speaker 3: Hell.
Speaker 2: Are you you know missus Moyman reached out to me after that?
Speaker 3: Oh, the Maths teacher? I know, the year adviser.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, she was my year advisor. Yes, she reached out and was so chuffed that at that moment, and she said, can I share this clip on the Woolware High School Facebook page?
Speaker 3: And did she?
Speaker 2: I blocked her. Don't you dare message me on my personal account?
Speaker 3: So your old teacher's actually listened to the podcast.
Speaker 2: No, she follows it, so she saw because we put that clip up when Kate Lanbrook co hosted, and she she loved it.
Speaker 3: You know what I've always wanted to do on this podcast, I've had an idea. I don't think I've been told you about it. I want to like reunite with our favorite teachers, like I'll track your favorite teacher down, and you've tracked my favorite teacher down. Yeah, and then regnite with them because, like you know, in high school, you can tell even though they're a teacher and it's inappropriate, you would vibe with them. Yes, but now we're both at don't.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they're all flighting back. I had about I'd say there were three or four that I really gelled with. I had such a good relationship with my crafts teacher.
Speaker 3: Now you've got to pick one. Who's your favorite teacher? Go, don't think missus Norfolk? Okay, missus Norfolk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she taught me like the Island, Yes, just like the plan. Yes, she taught me a modern history.
Speaker 3: Why was she your favorite?
Speaker 2: She was? She just got it. And I think she knew that I was a bit you know, I was il I think she might have been for the ladies. Okay, maybe maybe really, but I think maybe she just she got that I was also on that vibrating on that frequency.
Speaker 3: Does she still teach at your high school?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm friends with her on Facebook. She added me on Facebook.
Speaker 3: Oh that's easy, I'll be behind her.
Speaker 2: I wasn't being groomed.
Speaker 3: Mine with missus Hasselnglish teacher.
Speaker 2: Was she a hassle?
Speaker 3: No, not at all, but yeah, she managed to get me from being like because I was not studious, I was undiagnosed ADHD. Yeah, of course, and with her help, manage to get number one in English.
Speaker 2: So, oh, congratulate. I didn't know you were number one in year.
Speaker 3: It wasn't top my EU level.
Speaker 2: Oh congrats.
Speaker 3: I make the same joke every single time I say I topped English. You're like, oh, I haven't met this one.
Speaker 2: Haven't met English.
Speaker 3: I thought his name was jac.
Speaker 2: It's a good gag. I remember we had to ask permission to piss and they could say no, and they often would No, you just went Mitchell.
Speaker 3: I remember one of my teachers having a full tantrum at one of the kids because someone asked to go to the bathroom and he said no. He goes, you've just come from recess. No, you're not going to the bathroom already, And one of the girls in the class, who was actually our school captain, goes, so if a girl asks to go to the bathroom, it might be you know, kind of hinting that it's ladies business. Dude, like, just let her go, and he slipped out at the chick that was jumping to her defens being like, don't you back to it? And like started he picked up her books and was slamming them on at I'm like, whoa, that was such a disproportionate reaction. I forget.
Speaker 2: Some of my teachers were absolutely unhinged. Unhinged.
Speaker 3: Actually, here's a good one. Here's a fucking good one. Who's your least favorite teacher?
Speaker 2: Oh? Mine completely flipped? Mine was hated me, and then in year twelve flipped and apologized and rectified his ways. I apologized for what being an awful person to me. He was really mean, he believed he would like actually point me out, I think again, because I was a bit.
Speaker 3: Fruity, right. I don't think I'll ever get an apology for my cow of a least favorite teacher.
Speaker 2: Man or woman woman? Oh really, mine was a man.
Speaker 3: Oh mine was awful and subject was I won't say that maths, of course, yeah, of course. Everyone everyone noticed that she had absolute favorites and absolute least favorites, and I was one of the least favorites for no reason, Like I was no trouble in maths just because I was shit at It didn't mean I was disturbing the class or anything. Yeah. So no, she was a real cow. But can I tell you what happened the other day? I went to get a spray tan before Mardi Gras.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 3: And as I'm there basically wearing nothing but a hairnet and the gy the chick giving me my spray tand goes, did you go to Red Bend by the way? And I was like, oh, my god, have we met before? She gets Yeah, I was in year seven when you were in year twelve, and I was like, holy shit, now here I am basically.
Speaker 2: With my balls.
Speaker 3: And so I got all the goths and my least favorite teacher gone.
Speaker 2: Did no left left left?
Speaker 3: No, she's just without work.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll even better. Have I told you the story about my math teacher that in the possum in the wall?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Have I told you her?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Oh no, missus Brown. She was an unhinge. She was so unwell mentally, and she was a math teacher. And this is so sad. Shaley Higgins, who was like the delinquent of the year.
Speaker 3: The delinquent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was bad. She was bad. She was trouble. She was the trouble girl in the class. The class grunk, the class exactly, the class gronk, and I kind of like gravitated towards the class gron But there was also the teacher's pet. It was a weird economy.
Speaker 3: I can just picture it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was real suck up school captain, both primary and high school. Anyway, Shaley would sit in the back corner of the classroom and she goes, Missus Brown, it really smell up here, and she'd goes, Shaley, you shut your mouth, and Shaley would shut her mouth, and the next day Shaley go, miss I can't breathe. She goes Shayly Green slip.
Speaker 3: She thought Shaey was just love to the sound of her own voice star in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yes, And it would distract the class and she'd go it stings like pooh and everyone laugh and laugh, and missus Brown would slap the protractor on the table.
Speaker 3: What's with teachers slapping shit?
Speaker 2: I love to slap things. If they could slap last legally they wo. Anyway, then we got to summer, the heat of Australian summer at school in a demountable with no air conditioning, and ceiling fans, and I'm sitting at the front of the class teachers pat and I'm going na, miss I can actually smell like Shaley's.
Speaker 3: I can smell something's under side.
Speaker 2: He's under something. And the teacher goes, no, no, she's not. And we all look at the back and there's like an oil patch down the back of the wall. So missus Brown goes up to the wall. She goes, there's nothing in it, and she kicks it and her foot goes into the dry wall and inside was a possum.
Speaker 3: Possum was prime Boss, the corpse of prime Ploth that had.
Speaker 2: Gone to sleep for the last time, and it was rotting in the wall. And Shaley, for the better half of two terms, was sniffing deceased possum every day and we weren't. No one believed it.
Speaker 3: Why I could only Shaley smell it. That's the weird thing.
Speaker 2: I think she was from the You know, she had a rough upbringing, so she had a real cent for disgust.
Speaker 3: Right now, she got to be numb to it. If she had to wrap up.
Speaker 2: I don't know if she was right my launch she was, she was my siblings. She was right next to it. That's why she anyway, it's the girl who cried possum. That's that's the that's the little pull my story. If it is your first time listening, welcome to Is It just Me? Every week we start the show the same way with something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. There are gyms minch doesn't know mine and I don't.
Speaker 3: Know mitches and is it just me? Each Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Also, we're gonna hear from you later in the show. We've got is it just you? Primed and ready show? We kick off meach for this week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you want to go first?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll do it. I'll kicks off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go for it, chick?
Speaker 2: Is it just me? Should we all start saying today like retail workers.
Speaker 3: Do in what context? Like they'll go with it in a center?
Speaker 2: Okay, So you go to mac. As you go through drive through, you'll get you nuggets in a sprite and chips and I'll go Is that all for today?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 3: What can I get for you today today?
Speaker 5: You go?
Speaker 2: Yes, like you know, I'd love to just go. Oh, I'm warring the odorant for today. This is my deodorant for today today.
Speaker 3: How are you? How are you today?
Speaker 2: How are you today? I brush my teeth today, like I love it so much.
Speaker 3: They used to always tell us that MAC is to say today in the drive through and stuff, or even you know, any customer that you're talking to about the front.
Speaker 2: Well, you're trained to say today.
Speaker 3: Yes, because you'd think it wouldn't be that hard. But the amount of people that would say, what can I get for you this morning at fucking nine pm? Like people's brains are just on autopilot. The perfect example of the autopilot customer service is I went, as you know, went to Boosters to buy a pro to.
Speaker 2: I'm still not convinced you're not getting cash on the side for now.
Speaker 3: I'm not. But the chick serves me, takes the order, gets the protein, or hands me the bag and goes here you go, won't be long. I was like, I'm not waiting reduce, so I've got everything I need. I know it won't be long. I'm out of here. Autopilot, auto pilot, And so we just had to say today in case we accidentally fucked up the time of day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I fully get that now because you've heard me and you've even mentioned to me when you hear my radio show, I not. I do two fucking daily shows. You can tell when I'm on autopilot when I'm on air, even Hayden the other night we did I was Live from Oxford Street for Mardi Gras, and we finished it and he was like, yeah, that was a real autopilot show, wasn't. And I'm like, what do you mean? He's like you kept saying from all walks of life? I'm like, what he goes? In every single segment, I'd be like, we're here at Oxford Street, people from all lots alive. Yeah, Like I just get a key phrase. I latch onto it because of my brain's wanting to run at fifty percent capacity, so it goes. That sounded fucking good. Let's run with that every single break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like one are the odds of people actually noticing you say that over and over? Apart from Hayden obviously you've pointed that out.
Speaker 2: No, I know, but I actually quite liked it because it knows that he knows me so well that he knows that I was phoating. What would yours be? Do you have any like in your lot of work? Are there any like rattles that you hold on to I don't know. I always say I noticed no Kyle sanderlands from Kyle and JACKIEO. So always says good luck.
Speaker 3: Yeah he does. Even it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make it just a good luck. It's just a thing that he throws off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll be like coming up next Jackie's own, he's good luck everyone. Yeah, I know, like, why do we need luck? I know what you mean, though, do I haven't?
Speaker 2: He I, well, you think I've got one minus stand by? And my EP of my night show says, do you realize you always say stand by? And I go, I don't so I'll congratulations Casey, you've won the tickets to Pink all right, stand by next. Yeah, it's like just a bridging term while I find my words. I used to say it in the drive through. Wait, you mean I thought I was so cool? Or you thought you were a pilot on a quantus fight what.
Speaker 3: My manager said? And I was so insulted because, for example, there was only one drive through lane and I had to take the order at the speaker box and then get the money off them at the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if I was in the middle of getting someone's money and someone put up to the speed. I've just been like, we'll goo to McDonald's stand by. I won't be a moment.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: And then they were like, why do you keep saying stand by? This is my manager. I've been like, stop saying that. You sound like an idiot. I was like, I think I found really greedy. Oh I thought I sounded like I was on radio.
Speaker 2: No, I was gonna say, because you used to. You grew up watching channel. They say that the morning show as well. Stand By Megan Trainer joins us next at sunrise?
Speaker 3: Do I think I want truly saying stand by in the driver.
Speaker 2: Melissa Oile, that's who you thought you were?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So do you have any now?
Speaker 3: Do you think I don't know?
Speaker 2: What about your stand up? When you're right? Do you think, oh I throw I say this too much? Or do you use Is there words that you throw around?
Speaker 3: I feel like I could finish a sentence normally without having to throw you know what I mean on the end, But I do that a bit. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. If you cut you know what I mean off the end of the sentence, it still makes perfect sense. I don't need it there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good call? I also say does that make sense? When I know it makes sense? I just want to make sure that I don't sound like I'm I'm getting something like, because obviously I've got a team now that like?
Speaker 3: Does that make sense? It's so much more bitchy than you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Does that make sense?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: Can I get you to get that task done for me? Does that make sense? I always say that to make it sound less intense.
Speaker 3: Nah, it makes you It makes it sound like you have no faith in the person you're talking too cool, because if it doesn't make sense, Actually, maybe they won't ask you for clarifications. Some people don't like to do that.
Speaker 2: No, you're exactly right. If it doesn't make sense, they will ask a question because it doesn't make sense. Yeah, so I don't need to ask.
Speaker 3: I always ask for clarification because you don't want to fuck it up.
Speaker 2: Eh.
Speaker 3: That's that's my fucking go to h Eh, that's my what did you call it? Rattle?
Speaker 2: Rattle?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Little rattle anyway. That's that's so I got that off my chest. That's all I wanted to say.
Speaker 3: Am I allowed to do mine? It just me now?
Speaker 2: Or yeah you go ahead? Yeah you got for me? Yeah? Yeah? Is it just me? Do you reckon?
Speaker 3: There would have been a huge surge in people buying themselves flowers after Miley Cyrus released that song. Oh you know the lyrics. Obviously I can buy myself flowers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, hold on this one.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's the one. Of course, I love this song flowers. Maybe people have never thought to do that. Now they're like, fuck it, I'm going to do it.
Speaker 2: I can buy my own flowers.
Speaker 3: I did it the other day, the roses that Sean got me for Valentine's Say, at Wilton. They were looking a little bit haunting in my house and I thought, you know, I'm gonna bloody do it. I'm gonna buy myself flowers. And I did. They gollgeous.
Speaker 2: Oh I think that's a bit. That's good self help. You got to look after yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you?
Speaker 2: Can you hold your own hand?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Look?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are easy? And we know this answer. Can you talk to yourself for hours?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: In fact, do you know what I realize as I walked in here, this is one of the perils of living by yourself and working from home. As I walked into the office today to record this podcast, I said higher the receptionists, and it was so croaky because I realized I had not uttered a word to anyone all day. Your voice walked in and I went it was the first time I'd spoken all day. God, it's a bit lonely, you poor thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could live alone. I have to talk.
Speaker 3: You couldn't.
Speaker 2: The NBN technician came today and I made him a coffee. Didn't even want one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my fucking air con repair guy. I offered him a coffee and he goes, no, mate, I can't. I became severely addicted when people kept offering me coffee. Ended up having twelve a day. I've had to cut back.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fucking funny. I saw a TikTok from a plumber that was pouring a tea down the sink at like seven jobs you went to because people always made him tea and he just has to pour it down the sink, but he always left a little bit extra in, so the client thought that, yeah, okay, isn't that sweet.
Speaker 3: That is sweet, But can't you just say no, no, it's rude. I just would have felt rude making myself for coffee and not offering it.
Speaker 2: That's what I made. Yeah, and then you know what he said, said can I your toilet? And I went yes.
Speaker 3: How do you know because he was.
Speaker 2: In there for I mean, either that or he's got a massive bladder on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, but people probably assume that I'm shitting all the time. But honestly, even if I'm doing a number one, I'll be in there for agents.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, how much weed do you have?
Speaker 3: I just need a bit of It's not even the whole time spent pissing. It's just a bit of a just a bit of time out, you know, sit down on the cubicle tsp yes, jet me phone, and then I've got to hum hair obviously of course of course, sometimes restyle it all together.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then they're like, Jesus, you were gone for ages, and I'm like, yeah, you're right, it was. It's been fifteen minutes. I just trying at number one.
Speaker 2: I've never noticed that about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't really go places together, so.
Speaker 2: No, we don't not anymore.
Speaker 3: Have you ever bought yourself flowers? Is the question?
Speaker 2: I have not I've bought Hayden flowers. I buy people flowers, but I don't think I've know I have been bought flowers.
Speaker 3: That's all right.
Speaker 2: I've never bought myself flowers.
Speaker 3: I bought my dad some flowers for his birthday, just because that's my my go to.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love getting flowers, even though it feels like a lazy gift. You just you can't beat it, No, you can't. You know, it's a win win situation. And then he goes, that's the first time anyone's ever gotten me flowers. This man's like fifty something and never been bought flowers, And I'm like, that's just sad. Every fucking year I'm doing it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting flowers a man.
Speaker 3: People don't buying flowers.
Speaker 2: He could grow his own as well, buying some seeds.
Speaker 3: Oh that's true. He's never bought flowers, but he's bought of canola feed. Does that count?
Speaker 2: It's definitely the opposite. Why don't we call her florest and see if there's been an increase.
Speaker 8: A surge and people buying themself flowers. A flower surg since Miley released Flowers, Because.
Speaker 3: Like that song, when I first heard it, I was like yeah, I like it. But I've always loved Miley and felt that everyone else has slept on her for years. But now it's been number one for like six or seven weeks in a row. It's blown up massively. Very happy for my girl Miley. So maybe a lot of people around the world. It's front of mine buying flowers.
Speaker 2: She is. She's doing very very well for her self. Yea moment I was shocked. Me honest, let me call I'm going to call cheerful flowers. What a name.
Speaker 3: It's the same energy as caring funerals, tearful flowers.
Speaker 2: Okay, where are they?
Speaker 3: Tiefle flowers in what suburb?
Speaker 2: Cheerful flowers in Macquarie okay McQuary Park.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good afternoon, cheerful flowers. Jackie speaking, Oh.
Speaker 2: Jackie, my name is Mitch. I'm here with Mitch as well. We're recording an iHeartRadio podcast. We're doing an investigation the song Flowers by Miley Cyrus. You know, I can bar myself flowers that song. We were wondering, has there been an influx in the sale of flowers since that song was released?
Speaker 7: No, not really. I don't think it's changed anything. Maybe for another flooris, but not us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we kill We'll call down trodden flowers. Thank you, thank you, bye bye bye.
Speaker 3: Well that's not the answer I was looking for.
Speaker 2: No, I swear hold on, not very cheerful either.
Speaker 3: She was, she was, but she sounded a bit defeated. When you ask the question have you gotten more thaut that? She goes, no, no, no, no, hang on, look at these I just googled and low cost retailer Little L I D. L. Liddell what's that?
Speaker 2: Never heard of them?
Speaker 3: Experienced a stunning fifty two percent increase in flower sales. You're kidding, two weeks after the song came out. So there people are, at the very fucking least getting cheap serve by flowers themselves.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 3: Should I come we call Little who are Little Little Great Britain? Is that the family that adopted Stewart Stuart Little? I mean we could try in the UK?
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, oh it's three am now, a little of a giant corporation, they could. They've got a twenty four hour a little hotline.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to make international calls, so good luck I do.
Speaker 4: Thanks for calling Little Customer Service. Our offices are now closed. However, our voice recognition system Leah can help with store information and little plus queries.
Speaker 3: Oh god, okay.
Speaker 4: Please note we record these calls to help train her.
Speaker 8: Do you.
Speaker 9: I'm Leah, your little assistant. Sorry I didn't get that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hi mate, Just wondering, Bob, have you been selling heaps of flowers since Miley put that song out? I've heard that sales had gone up by the fuck load.
Speaker 2: Leah.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah.
Speaker 9: Please tell me your local area or postcode.
Speaker 3: Mcquarie Park two one three wonder.
Speaker 9: I couldn't find anything for Mcquarie Park two one three one. Please tell me an area, street or point of interest.
Speaker 2: The globe, Buckingham Palace.
Speaker 9: I've found too many stores in Buckingham Palace. What please narrow this through a local hot.
Speaker 2: What there's a little store in Buckingham Palace. That's what killed me?
Speaker 3: Hang up on the pitch.
Speaker 2: Is it just me? That's enough of these two? Now let's hear and is it just you? You'll turn out to get on the show DMS at couple of inches? And is it just you? Your chance to have an edgem of your own?
Speaker 3: Or you can shoot at the text. Oh four one two seven one, two oh nine two.
Speaker 2: That's great. Who do we have today? This wasn't a text, was it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you picked the ether just me?
Speaker 2: That was more me ment asking that out loud for myself. It's Peter on the Sunny Coast.
Speaker 3: Hi, Peter, Hi, oh Peter, A woman?
Speaker 2: Good eh, female Pete. Good fellas. Imagine if it was just their animal rights group, like thirty different people, the whole board going hello, Hello, Hi Peter. How are you Peter?
Speaker 5: I'm good? Thank you? How are you guys?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not too bad, all the better for hearing your voice, bab.
Speaker 2: How long have you been listening to the show, Peter?
Speaker 5: I started listening probably a few months after you guys started, but I have gone back and listened probably two or three times.
Speaker 3: So, oh, good girl, you've been around for ages now.
Speaker 2: I love that. I can't get how people do that? Do you forget what we say?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: Is it kind of like listening for the first time again?
Speaker 5: Sometimes, like certain things in the episodes, I'm like, oh, yeah, I remember this, bity, Oh there's a funny bit coming up, you know that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, It's like when I rewatch one of my favorite shows, like I've been rewatching Offspring recently, and I'm like, I've watched this whole series more than once, but I have no fucking memory of this thing ever happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I guess when you're watching something like you kind of just check out, right, Peter, like you're on your phone, you miss certain scenes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I can put it on and like do chores around the house or you know, I listened to it a lot when I was moving, so like packing boxes and stuff and just had it on in the background.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and sometimes we probably bore you in your mind, wanders I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, nothing worse.
Speaker 5: But comfort food, you know podcast?
Speaker 2: Is that a fat joke? No, I'm just joking, all right, Peter Bradley. Or can't you in then hit us with you? Is it just you? Okay, no worries? Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Should bathrooms, specifically toilet have some sort of cooling aircorn or fan?
Speaker 3: Oh duh, you've got no idea. My new bathroom in my new place, it's one of those ones that has the washing machine and dryer in there. If I put a load of drying on, holy fuck, it's a thorner in that bathroom.
Speaker 5: It's hell, that would be awful.
Speaker 2: I know what you mean. I sometimes in a fully you know, I don't know the dryer or the air con in there, but I'm on the toilet and I can be sweating like it can be. Oh yeah, well process.
Speaker 3: As we've established, I spend quite a bit of time in the bathroom when I go, and so, oh god, I feel I come out like a pig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I swear I used some toilet paper on the on the brow, on the lip, like it's tough. Are you sweating to Peter.
Speaker 5: Yes, So that it came to me a few weeks ago when I was hangover as fuck and was literally like about to pass out from the hangover. But also I was sweating bricks because it was a billion degrees and I just thought these two things together, the heat and the hangover, they just don't go.
Speaker 3: Oh god, absolutely not.
Speaker 5: I remember there was a stand or an air corn or something.
Speaker 3: That's right. I don't know many bathrooms that do have an air coorn in there, Like the exhaust fan doesn't actually take the temperature.
Speaker 2: I've just googled it. I've googled it. Right, Ducting in a bathroom doesn't happen it's against regulation for most counsels.
Speaker 3: Stop that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the thing that happens in the bathroom should stay in the bathroom. The last thing you want is pressurized air pushing it out to the rest of your living here.
Speaker 3: Well, I'd love to see the councils try and stop me from dragging a sunbeam pedestal fan into the bathroom. I can do it, a bloody one in there.
Speaker 2: God, it's a bishy No, they're right, because because how aircom works, is it like just pushes air right around. To explain that to you, but if you like shit, then pooh particles are in that air, which can have.
Speaker 3: Imagine having a really stinky shite. The air con just kind of circulates it throughout the house. I mean, it wouldn't be good.
Speaker 2: Having guests having a dinner party and then your meal hits. You've got to go shit upstairs, and then the poor guests get the stench through the air convent.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, no to air con Peter, but yes to fans, I reckon that should be a normal thing.
Speaker 5: I can just think back, you know, the last ten years, you know, as a female getting ready, sweating the makeup straight off. So now I've just got a little desk fan that I keep in the bathroom on the bench, and it is on every time I'm in there.
Speaker 3: Does it help much?
Speaker 5: A little bit? Sometimes I pick it up and just hold it right in front of my face.
Speaker 2: I can imagine. But it is a bit odd, right that we have heating in the bathroom. Yeah, we don't have any cooling.
Speaker 3: Do we have heating in the bathroom or is it just naturally that's what happens when I have a hot shower.
Speaker 2: Because in my Yeah, I've got the normal light switch in the yeah, heat lamp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's light. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think cooling lights everything. I'd love them to be, mind you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd kill for a heat light.
Speaker 3: I remember when I was like heavily, heavily addicted to vapes. I used to if I didn't want to vape in front of anyone in the house, like if my parents were over or something, I didn't want to vape in front of them, I do it in the bathroom. That's the worst place for a nicotine head rush because you're already hot and sweating in the bathroom. Add that to the equation, and it's like whoa, I feel disgusting and like boiling hot. It wasn't good. It wasn't good.
Speaker 2: Peter. I've got a bath in my new place and I had a bath for the first time night. Oh my god. I stood up and like, I haven't had this feeling in so long. That rush, you know when you stand up out of a bath too quickly and you're really hot and you cart the head, the head rushing. My heart was racing. I'm like, oh my god, this is the end of me in a bath in a brand new hat.
Speaker 5: Happened to me many times and I've had to lay down on the cold floor completely starkers and just wait for my body.
Speaker 2: What a mental god.
Speaker 3: You know you've had a big night when you find yourself finding solace in the freezing cold bath tiles to make yourself feel better. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, well, Peter, thanks for your rich jim good contribution. We all agree.
Speaker 5: No, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: I forget to hit up price. Keep it, Jen Rshill hook you up with something cute as a little thanks for coming on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll send you a price.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, Love you, Peter.
Speaker 2: Thanks loving down. Also, if you want to get in touch a couple of mitches. Send us a DM on Instagram and we'll feature you on the show and next week.
Speaker 3: Now, there is one thing that I constantly constantly see in my four you page on TikTok. Do you always get those montages of pop culture moments that live rent free in my head? It'll just be a mashup of X Factor things, Wendy Williams all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I get them all the time yet yeah, Ellen de generous moments, So yeah.
Speaker 3: And I'm kind of sick of seeing them in a way. But also I always watch them so surprise, surprise, That's why I always see them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get them all the time. I'm currently also getting the movie scenes you get, like seen from a movie and then it goes part thirty seven, and then I've ended up watching forty different parts and I've watched a whole movie.
Speaker 3: And then the top comment is always what the movie is like? Watch this film please?
Speaker 2: It's always I don't know how what TikTok is now just Netflix, I know it is, But the pop culture moments that live rent free in my head, the sort of thing I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: If you don't see that in your TikTok feed This is the sort of thing you might see.
Speaker 10: Don't make unnecessary journeys, jn't take risks some treacherous roads, and don't swim in to see.
Speaker 3: How do you know what's good for me?
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 3: She's an icon, she's a legend, and she is the moment. Now come mine now. Yeah, just like memorable memes that you always seems, celebrity stuff that you might have forgotten about. And every time I see these things, I'm like, oh God, there's so many things to bring in to mind. There's so much pop culture shit that lives in my head rent free, and so I'm like, we got to do a segment about this. Yeah, I've got a great one for today, just so you know, a pop culture moment that has lived rent free in my head for years. Are you familiar with the friendship I guess between fee fee Box and Russell Brand?
Speaker 2: No, really, fefee Box is in Australian radio and media personality and Russell Brand is in the British comedian that was engaged to Katie Perry.
Speaker 3: Correct, that's him and so Fife. She used to be the entertainment chic on Sunrise. She did all their celebrity interviews and stuff, and the first time Russell Brand and Fefee Box met, they couldn't even air the interview because it just went so off track. He was flirting outrageously and it was so inappropriate that they couldn't even air it. And then they've met many many times over the years and it's just so funny when they come together because they remember each other. He remembers her. He absolutely ador was fiefee really and so this is the first time that she interviewed him for Sunrise back in twenty ten, and they couldn't even air it because like he got on her lap and stuff. There is part of me that thinks, I mean, it's funny, but also this wouldn't fly today. Oh it went viral because it was like massive. At the time, it was so funny, and now every time they reunited it's a big thing. So this is the first one. Again it hasn't aged well, but at the time it was kind of funny.
Speaker 11: Okay, fiefe Box, then what is your porn name other than being called Jezebel, Vagina pussy glare even, I mean, this is femininity exude.
Speaker 12: Thank you for that, Russell I appreciate that, and I want to talk about the movie again because you've got me thinking about Jenner Talor and that's not a good thing.
Speaker 13: Okay, I'm going to stop you. In my case, it is a good thing. When you laugh at that. It makes me know what you sound like when you come and I like it is this morning, Telly.
Speaker 2: You can't put that out seven am.
Speaker 6: People.
Speaker 10: Just hey, that's what Foefe sounds like when she comes.
Speaker 3: Enjoy your breakfast, your perverts.
Speaker 12: Once again, you've done.
Speaker 6: It's come on.
Speaker 3: It's everything I want to know. I want to know what's come over.
Speaker 2: There to you.
Speaker 3: It's now sitting on her.
Speaker 7: Oh well.
Speaker 13: Come on, oh well, okay, everything, okay, it's going to be all all right.
Speaker 6: I'm just releasing the spores. There you go.
Speaker 3: Ohef you Box is pregnant? Now, well good, that's very nice. That was so lovely, see what I mean where I'm like, I don't know if that would fly these days.
Speaker 2: At first it was funny and then it got creepy. His spores. That's great.
Speaker 3: I know that that is so icky. But this kind of flirtation ship between Russell Brand and Fefe Box has been going on for years. They've reunited a few times at Sunrising on the project as well. So this next one I'm going to play. This is when they interviewed Russell on the project. Yeah, he wasn't in the room. It's one of those satellite interview things. And you know how he said, oh, Fiefe Box's pregnant. Now, so between that interview and this interview, you're about to hear she actually did have a baby, not to him obviously, but I.
Speaker 2: Remember when she had that baby. It's a big moment.
Speaker 3: But he remembered her and just started a rumor that he was the father. So like they're just it's an in joke now that first interview when he got her pregnant with his spores, it's been a running joke for ages.
Speaker 2: To carry on. Next interview, that's funny. Okay, all right, here it is Russell, one.
Speaker 7: Of our hosts.
Speaker 3: Here is feefee Box, and we understand.
Speaker 2: You you're joking. Where is she?
Speaker 10: Tell her I want to see my kid.
Speaker 7: I can see the magazine being printed as it was, so can I.
Speaker 3: So fortunately we've got to wrap up.
Speaker 12: You know, he's a great guy, very funny answered the question where is the kid?
Speaker 14: Where is the kid, it's not.
Speaker 2: That's so good now, that's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then they actually did reunite face to face on the Project Desk a couple of years later. This is how that went.
Speaker 10: How do you feel the mother of your child is going with mother?
Speaker 7: Ring?
Speaker 3: That woman?
Speaker 10: Fiefe Box for me exemprovised all that is great about Australia. She is fun, she is frivolous, she is beautiful. It's ubant, full of life, plucky, can do spirits, she's unstoppable. I adore her.
Speaker 3: It's kind of sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's lovely.
Speaker 12: I didn't actually expect that answer, Russell, Why no, because you aren't you actually aren't. This a beautiful person and you've been a very dear friend to me, and when people were perpetuating those rumors, I want to have petraate it a bit.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't perpetrate you that.
Speaker 7: You're going to stay with us for a whole other segment and be just as funny as you were.
Speaker 10: Still Fifi and I have a twenty five year old child's until it happens.
Speaker 3: Far out and so this has been going on for years these two.
Speaker 2: That's so good. I just say that like in you know, this in a situation where you're interviewing someone and it's a celebrity and you kind of have a moment like that, Yeah that is someone expected and really good. You just roll with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much, because it got like millions of views, that first one, the one that they couldn't even air on Sunrise. That's so funny now it's just been a running joke for ages.
Speaker 2: So that lives rent free in your head. Oh, absolutely, all right, if you have a pop culture moment that lives rent free in your brain.
Speaker 3: Because we always do this. It's like every gay house party ever is you just watch random shit on YouTube all the time and be like, oh my god, you remember this. Do you remember when fucking Chloe Kardashian was hosting The X Factor and called out Demi for not saying which one was the ship one in Little Mix or whatever that was called, What was the one that what's the girl group that Camila Cabao was in Fifth Harmony? Fifth Harmony? Yeah, Demi Levado said, one of you was great, the rest of you was shit and Klovera Kardashian's like, dummy, dummy, which one was good for you? And she didn't want to say, but it ended up being Camilla Cameo.
Speaker 2: Is that real? Can I get that up?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 2: I've never seen that. This is what you've never seen that. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Just look up Chloe Kardashian X Factor. It's such a weird moment where Kloa Kardashian, Demila Ato, and Camilla Cave when the same scenaria. And that's when you guys really shined. But I feel like tonight there was only one person that shined, and I really it didn't click for me tonight.
Speaker 2: Well thank you Demi. Who was the one that clicked for you? Demi?
Speaker 5: Well, next up we have my final contestant prey group.
Speaker 2: Demi, who was the one that clicked for you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm they should figure that out on their own.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say it right now, And.
Speaker 3: I think they should know so they know how to work better together.
Speaker 2: I think that they should just all figure out you, Okay, how'd you want it? Took a little interrogation.
Speaker 9: All shined Camella.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think I think you guys should all learn something from her.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean I was saying that Kylie went in. I think we all Kloe I think we all shined.
Speaker 3: Oh, Camellia, I think we all shine.
Speaker 2: I think we all shined. That's That's another pop culture moment that lives in my head. Brindt Free when they interviewing the cost of Victorious, Yeah, what is she saying? And she goes another they go who sings most backstage? Behind the scenes, and everyone said, Oriana Arianna, I think we all seeing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. That's a perfect example. I think we all That sort of vibe is what we're going for. I shouldn't have blamed me Live with the Camilla Cobao.
Speaker 2: That one's really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so many X Factor ones live in my head rend for all.
Speaker 2: The top comment is Chloe was trying to expose the fact that Demi didn't know their name because she did she said that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hayden quotes fucking pop culture moments all the time, all the time, some that I don't even understand. I just laugh at.
Speaker 3: I love it when you realize where a moment came from, Like you hear a quote said over and over again, like for example, my friends used to quote Real House Lives of Melbourne all the time. Yeah, I didn't really understand the joke. But then I watched it and I was like, oh my god, that's where it came from. Can I spock things like that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: And when it finally clicked, I'm like, oh, that's where it's from.
Speaker 2: That's really fun.
Speaker 3: And I swear half of my dad's vocabulary comes from Seinfeld.
Speaker 2: My parents told me they never liked friends, never liked Seinfeld. What did you guys watch?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like, what else is there? Fucking sixty minutes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why they they watch the news. Mum speaks like Tracy Grimshaw.
Speaker 3: Oh god, stand by, that's where I got it from. Yeah, that's it you're listening to? Is it just me?
Speaker 1: The rude shocks of young adulthood?
Speaker 3: All right now, Mitch. You know who we haven't heard from in quite a while?
Speaker 2: Jennet. She hasn't been here all days? Are you no?
Speaker 3: We heard from last week even longer. I'm talking about this guy.
Speaker 15: Hello, ro hit Roy, no fizzy drink for me to day, the fizzy drink guys from TikTok So if you're not familiar, his name is Roe hit Roy.
Speaker 3: His TikTok is all about his addiction to fizzy drink and he posts daily updates, telling.
Speaker 2: Us Hello, he's such a sweetheart.
Speaker 3: I know, and it's been years since Roe hit Last had a fizzy drink. In fact, he's just hit a massive milestone in his quitting fizzy drink journey. Should we get him on to celebrate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it. Get him on, Daniel, please.
Speaker 6: Hello even more for me today.
Speaker 3: Here he is row hit Roy. Welcome back, Hiro here.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Oh pleasure, Mitchell. Have you noticed he's got to glow up. He's got a brand new iPhone, he's got air pods in. That's a ralphlaur En polo shirt. His picture is clearer than ours.
Speaker 8: I'm so impressed, totally absolutely also probably healthier than ever.
Speaker 3: But now tell us row Here, you've had a big milestone with this no phizzy drink journey. What is it? What's the milestone?
Speaker 14: I have completed a thousand days of my no fizzy drinks journey last Sunday.
Speaker 3: One thousand days no fizzy.
Speaker 2: Drink, row here, not even not even a sip or a lick, not even a drop.
Speaker 3: Wow, God, I'm no good at maths. One thousand days What does that equate to? In like years?
Speaker 6: Two years three months something like that.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's crazy, my god.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you even crave it anymore?
Speaker 14: No, I don't crave it anymore. Before I used to have so many phizzy drinks for thirty five plus years. For two years three months is still a short period of time as compared to that.
Speaker 6: But still that's a very big achievement for me.
Speaker 3: Oh totally.
Speaker 2: Have you actually noticed a difference in your health? Like have you dropped white? Do you feel better? Have you actually gone to the doctors and had your blood drawn and gone? What is the actual reason or the fixes that have happened.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, of course, Like even for a substantial change, you can see it without even going to the GP.
Speaker 6: Like when I started my No for the.
Speaker 14: Drik's Journey and weight loss journey, I started going to the gym. I lost weight as well, glow on the face physical and mental as well, like I can sleep better in the night.
Speaker 6: So everything happened.
Speaker 14: When I started my journey, I was one hundred three hundred four kilos something like that, but today I am eighty nine or ninety or something. Wow, it's a big it's a big difference.
Speaker 3: Well, good on you. I remember last time I spoke to you, you said that you had an addiction to phizy drink. That was the word you use because you know it is an addiction. And when it comes to over addiction, how long did it take for you to stop craving in the first place? Because my kryptonite is nicotine, I will say, And every time I found that, the first day or two without vapes, it's actually surprisingly fine. But then later in the week the cravings start to creep back in, and that's when the actual struggle happened. How long did it take until you didn't even crave busy drink at all?
Speaker 14: See, with addiction or stop cravings, there's no like a written rule or something like.
Speaker 6: You know, so you might have heard people saying if.
Speaker 14: You do it for twenty one days continuous, it becomes a habit or something like that, But it all depends on person to person, like every addiction is different, every intensity is different. So I tried putting to the drinks so many times before, even before you started posting videos on TikTok and everywhere else, but.
Speaker 6: Every time I failed. But then when I started.
Speaker 14: Posting videos on TikTok, I got so much support, so that support actually helped me getting rid of my addiction. And it was instant, like I didn't take even a few days.
Speaker 6: Like in the first.
Speaker 14: Video, I I will try to have one Phil drink every Sunday. If you remember the first videos I said, because I wasn't even I wasn't even sure at that time whether I can leave it for all the every day. But then that that never happened. I never had filter drink even on a Sunday.
Speaker 2: Well, Rohit, I know you told us when we first had you on way back when, but what was what was your crypt tonight? What was it? Full strength coke? What was it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was like all sorts of father drinks.
Speaker 14: I used to have any Figit drink and they are readily available everywhere, so any phyzy drink, because if I'm addicted, there's.
Speaker 6: No excuse, like I can find many excuses to find my item anyway.
Speaker 3: You know absolutely, I know exactly what you're talking about. That's where I went wrong. I should have jumped on TikTok and been like hello everyone, no nicotine for me today.
Speaker 2: That's what I've got a problem. I've got a problem. Well, you know what's funny, Rohit, you were like in my mind in this country, one of the first big TikTok viral sensations.
Speaker 3: I think so too. Like when I first downloaded the app, you were one of the first faces I saw.
Speaker 2: What has changed in your life from that same I mean, I'm sure you've had I'm sure you weren't doing interviews like you are now, like with us three years ago. So what else has changed? If you had a nice bit of cash on the side, do you do an influencer work?
Speaker 14: Not much cash? Like not many people give cash. I was the ambassador for w W wait Watchers for some time. Wow, So that was a big step as well.
Speaker 6: They helped me.
Speaker 14: I was using their program to lose weight further and all that. But the biggest change, which I will say because I became father nine months ago. Yeah, so that's the main biggest benefit is now I can look after my baby because I'm feeling healthy.
Speaker 6: So I can look after my baby girl in a better way.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I remember last time we spoke to you. It was October twenty twenty one, I think, and that was when you just announced that you had a baby on the way. So tell us about your little girl. How's she doing?
Speaker 14: Yeah, she's doing good today. Just today she turned nine months exactly. And when the baby was born, you.
Speaker 6: Know, the first days are very hectic in terms of waking up a few times at the middle of the night.
Speaker 14: But that's what I I compare myself with if I was if I had a baby before the start of my now visitings journey, that would have been so hard because.
Speaker 6: That time I was addicted, fat and lazy and all that.
Speaker 14: But since now everything changed, that's the biggest accomplishment I have.
Speaker 3: I remember you were also telling us about your daily meditation practices last time. I imagine it might be a bit harder to fit in the daily meditation and you've got a bloody baby to take care of.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I have mentioned this before as well, that I like doing meditation every day, even five minutes or ten minutes. Yeah. But I did mention that as well, that meditation is not just sitting and focusing on breathing.
Speaker 6: That's not just the one way.
Speaker 14: The other way is and that's what Buddha said, you know, Buddha, that's where the meditation came from. And he actually said that if you can't just sit and do the counting of breathing or focus on breathing. Even if you're doing something, just do it with full focus and concentration, and that becomes the meditation, you know what.
Speaker 3: I remember you saying that, and it stuck with me every day. If I think she han't a time to meditate today, even if I'm driving, I'll be like, oh, what was right? HiT's advice again. Just you know, whatever you're doing, kind of have a moment, take breath, throw of him in the shower, focus on the temperature of the water, little things like that. It really helped, actually, so I really should thank you for that.
Speaker 6: No, thank you.
Speaker 14: I do that actually whenever I hold my baby, and obviously baby is very important anyway, but I have just made a habit from the very beginning if I'm handling the baby, no mobile, no phone, no books, no TV, nothing, one hundred percent focus on the baby. So that becomes a meditation again because my full focus is on the baby.
Speaker 2: Oh, bro, that's beautiful. Out of all the things you've achieved in the last three years, it's his baby girl that is the biggestness. Yes, isn't that cute?
Speaker 3: And will you be giving her fizzy drink at any point in her life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she can have.
Speaker 14: As many phizy drinks as she wants or whatever she wants to do. I don't want to impose my routine or my journey to her, so it's up to her whatever she wants to do. All I will say to her is don't get addicted to anything. But she can try everything.
Speaker 3: So I'd be giving her any red fuzzy drinks to go feral.
Speaker 2: I wasn't allowed row hit. I was a non I was a cordial boy growing up, and that shows worse.
Speaker 3: That's probably worse to make you.
Speaker 1: Go, Carol.
Speaker 2: I know it was. I know, and it will listen your journey row here. Thank you for coming back on the podcast. I'm sure we'll get you back when it's you know, two thousand days and your your seventy five kilos.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I'm going to start some new journeys as well, So when I will announce them, I will not yet. I'm going to India very soon, but once i'll come back from India in April, I will announce.
Speaker 6: Some new journeys and maybe we can have a cat again that time.
Speaker 3: Of course, I'm curious about that. Is it another quitting something.
Speaker 14: I don't have any other addiction to quit, but it will be more related to.
Speaker 6: The weight laws and more healthy regime and the protagra.
Speaker 2: Here is perfect. That was that was his one floor, the pizzy dreams, and now he has he's reached his reach perfection. I can't wait to see Rowhead. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be keeping an eye out the TikTok handle to follow with Roe Hit Roy.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Great to see you again.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Great to catch up.
Speaker 6: Say row here, thank you. By all right.
Speaker 2: We should go, let's get out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 3: You know we were talking before about my maca's training in the drive through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we were always.
Speaker 3: Trained to say if someone orders a meal like meeting big backmeal, our training was to say coke for the drink, so people like ro Hit would be there like nap. Oh my god, so true, because apparently that speeds up the process rather than saying what drink would you like? Because then they am a R and go maybe. But if you'd just say coke for the drink, they'll just go. That'll do.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I assumed it was like a sponsored thing like Coke for the drink was paid for by Coke.
Speaker 3: Now it's just the most popular by far. To be honest, really, I would people always bite back though, if you say coke for the drink, they'll go no Sprite.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm that kind of person, Like I never said that.
Speaker 3: Coconut sugar please no A large caramel frappe a please?
Speaker 2: No? No Sprite no sugar is may now go to drink. I'm obsessed with it.
Speaker 3: You know my feelings on these, I know, but I'm hooked.
Speaker 2: I told you, I think it's like a fucking streaming service, the whole, all the different Spripe varieties that have been a lot of Spripe plus Sprite now Sprite on demand. I'm obsessed with Sprite no sugar. It tastes like it actually right video, especially with Sprite with ice in it. It does taste like full strength Sprite.
Speaker 3: I'm in my can era. You can't beat Sprite or anything in a can.
Speaker 2: Oh. I'm with you. I love a can.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: It's the best feeling and you get it all out of a can, like you just get every last drop from a can. Very satisfying.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, anyway, we should go. We're rambling on.
Speaker 2: We're waffling. We will see you guys, next week. Give us a five star review if you love the show and hit us up on socials if you've got an is it just you of your own and we'll get you on the show next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, catch you next week.
Speaker 2: Bye, bab see you guys.
Speaker 3: Is it just me a podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit fullow on your podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to add Deprief. This is our secret segment. On the end, we pretend that the show's over and then we just keep talking. Nothing is planned here.
Speaker 2: It brought structure whatsoever. You brought me another protein ball?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not the boostoice ones that just popped over the road to the cafe.
Speaker 2: Even know, something really random, desicated coconut doesn't exist in the United States. When no does it?
Speaker 3: Does it? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Well, you know the coconut flakes that we get desicated coconut, Yeah, it doesn't exist. When I lived in America, I wanted to make I don't fucking no ice vovos or some bullshit. I couldn't find.
Speaker 3: Any week ice vovos, So I was making.
Speaker 2: Something that needed Oh no, it's little crackles. It was, you know, little cracklings. Yeah, yeah, anyway, I wanted to desicate a coconut. It didn't exist. Doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: But you also claim that an apple has the same caffeine as a full one of coffee. Like, are you going to google this and be like, actually, no, you can get desicated coconut in the US.
Speaker 2: I've gotta google it desicated coconut Walmart. It's not real.
Speaker 3: Maybe they have a different word for it.
Speaker 2: Actually, you make a really good point. Why and Noah? Is it just me on the fly or are there no other desicated products? I want dessicated carrot?
Speaker 3: What if I just google desicated and then see what comes up on Google?
Speaker 2: Okay, what is it? I'm imagining it means shredded.
Speaker 3: Desicated coconut, GMS, disk liver tablets.
Speaker 2: Ew Okay, Like I imagine going on a grinderdate, going on on a grind a date, and I desicated that butt. Oh.
Speaker 3: No, desicated means having had all moisture removed.
Speaker 2: Dried out, oh, dehydrated.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you had a desicated possum in the wall of your classroom, lacking vitality or interest.
Speaker 2: Oh, I desicated?
Speaker 3: History of ideas.
Speaker 2: Because a Jenner is a desiccated person.
Speaker 3: Because she's dry and Hagen the nuns desica. Oh no, I won't say that.
Speaker 2: Desicated coconut. Wow, I had no idea.
Speaker 3: This means it's dried out.
Speaker 2: Give me something else and I'll see if it can come in desiccated form.
Speaker 3: M I've currently got a desicated lily plant at my place, and but how much I fucking worter it? It will not grow dry as.
Speaker 2: Fu desicated beef.
Speaker 3: You don't want dry beef. Yuck, that's jerky. Ah, didn't you have.
Speaker 2: Like a weird period where you're obsessed with jerky?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Am I thinking of someone else?
Speaker 3: Who are you thinking of?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I had a friend that was obsessed with jerky for a period at.
Speaker 3: All, not me. Never. What if instead of saying that my parents are going through a drought, they're like, we've got desiccated land. It's so dry out here.
Speaker 2: Mitchell Comb's known for his desicated wit. Walmart doesn't have desicated coconut, so I stand true.
Speaker 3: What about bucker it. I've run out of milk, so I've got no milk to put on my wheat pish. I'll run to the shop and get some. No, it's fine, I'll have them desiccated desicated wheat pics. Ew. I remember, I can't think of anything worse that would kill your throat. Trying to swallow a desiccated wheat pick.
Speaker 2: Would desicate your throat.
Speaker 3: Oh god, yeah, sounds like defecate defecated cocaine.
Speaker 2: No thanks, Well that be me in about four hours after his protest moves through. I had a neighbor growing up who had her dad passed away, and I remember when they moved in, We're like, oh, you know you have a dad, and she would no, he's deceased. And I had never heard that word before, and I thought he I thought it, man, he was decapitated. Oh so for years, I'm like, my neighbor's dad was decapitated.
Speaker 3: And you just never saw him because he couldn't leave the house. Is that what you thought?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh no, no, I thought he died. Oh I thought he was decapitated. I mean, I don't think you can live through one.
Speaker 3: Oh you meant like I had a limb removed.
Speaker 2: No, not like head removed. Ah, I thought like he had his head chopped off.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a fucking way to go out.
Speaker 2: I know that's what I thought. I thought, God, she's pretty happy for someone whose dad was decapitated.
Speaker 3: I remember being really scared going to quet the Coon and they had that guillotine. The guillotine, yes, and obviously it wouldn't actually decapitate a child. That's a bit fucking whack. You can't do that. Yeah, but you're just going this guillotine and the blade would stop right at the back of your neck and then do of wind. So you felt it. And even then I was too scared to do it. What a little bit I do it now? Obviously I do it now.
Speaker 2: Hayten and I were at quest A Con a month ago.
Speaker 3: Tell you that you were a grown ass adult. What were you doing a question con?
Speaker 2: If you would not go to Quester Coon if you were in Canberra.
Speaker 3: I did, but it's because I had a friend from the UK visiting and I was like, watch some really daggy tourist shit I can do while he's here. Obviously going to Questicona camera. It was one of them.
Speaker 2: It's shit now, Questa Conn was not the same. I did enjoy it, though.
Speaker 3: I used to fucking love Camber. I still do in a way. I could easily live there. Not now, but like you know, later in life, because it's a short drive slash flight to Sydney if I want to get amongst it. It's gorgeous, but it's a gorgeous, well laid out, calm city.
Speaker 2: I loved Canberra, and maybe it's because I'm such a Sydney boy, but I said the same when I came back from Adelaide, I was like, I love Adelaide. I think any city that I go to that is just different to Sydney. I'm in love with no.
Speaker 3: But most people are like no, I just love the hustle and bustle of Sydney. It's too quiet and Adelaide and Camera. I'm like, what the fuck is good about hustle and bustle? Also Sydney hardly has it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good call. Sydney is a bit.
Speaker 3: Drab, especially the CBD. Oh the CBD, it's so desiccated. It makes sense.
Speaker 2: Catered of life and culture.
Speaker 3: Have you got something that lives in your head? Rent free, don't do it now?
Speaker 2: Pop culture moments. Oh, I'll think of what I've got. Plenty great love a Wendy Williams momenter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her face, that sort of thing. Votress, did you fink?
Speaker 2: Caress?
Speaker 3: Just fainting that that stupid costume James the Statue of Liberty. Yeah, death to all of them, Death to all of them. I just remember when when again we're blowing our load here. We should have been saving this for the segment. But remember when Wendy was announcing the judging panel on Massinger Australia and she just opened with so lends it's got a new job. And then she was saying all the other people, She's like, you've got radio DG Jackie, Oh, you've got Kylie's sister and Steve Steve Hughes Hughesy. Yeah, and I'm like, imagine being called Kylie's sister.
Speaker 2: Fuck, that's funny, was it, Denny? I forget that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kyi's sister.
Speaker 2: This is my favorite. It's six seconds. It'll never make the segment. This is the best from Wendy Williams. Ready have you heard? Oh she passed away. Oh yeah, she moves on. She passed away.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, that's good.
Speaker 2: Oh I love it.
Speaker 3: No more, save it for the segment.
Speaker 2: Oh oh all.
Speaker 3: Right, now anyway, forget it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fantastic. Wendy's not will help the moment. Have you seen the tiktoks of Wendy. No, she's not well. She's she's on a psychiatric recess.
Speaker 3: Oh I knew that part, but I haven't seen her recently.
Speaker 2: She's in a conservative ship. Oh for fuck, I know, haven't we learned.
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: I know. It's really sad. She's not she's not mentally well. There was one of her walking through the street and she' said come coming back to TV. I'm gonna be back on TV. And it's like, you click your way to ever go back on TV. No, that's not fair. Hopefully she gets back on TV.
Speaker 3: I heard that Kara Delavine took herself off to rehab because she thought that video of her just like walking so erratically around the airport.
Speaker 2: You know that video, I've seen that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, n She apparently she saw that hat footage back and went, oh shit, actually you're kidding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know that. Is that new news? New news, the old news, the whole news? Interesting? Well, I Mitch got a new TV inspired by you because I went to your house and I was sosed with your picture quality. I set up, we moved anyway. It's one of those fantastic it's a smart TV. But my old TV was like standard English smart. But this new TV is advanced English smart.
Speaker 3: Almost too smart.
Speaker 2: It's almost so intelligent. I logged it in and it's got AI like at the volume adjust to what's happening in the house.
Speaker 3: Oh, I hate that.
Speaker 2: So I'm cooking dinner and it will get louder because it knows that I'm doing things that that are loud and obstructing my hearing, so it'll make the TV louder.
Speaker 3: Nah, I don't like to relinquish control to the technology like that. I'm like, no, you're still wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it annoyed me. Hating and I were watching drag Race and we both laughed out loud, and then it was like, oh right, ladies, time for the next child. Oh my god, keep it down, Shut up, RuPaul, keep it down.
Speaker 3: Is that right? My smart TV is anything but smart. There's no point in using these things to try and make your life easier because in the time it takes you to make it work, you could have just done it yourself. I'll be like, okay, Google, can you please turn the light on? And she'll be like, I'm having trouble connecting to the line. I could have just fucking hit the switch.
Speaker 2: At this point, I always I've got the Phillips Hugh and I'm like, hey, Siri, he turn my bedroom lights off? Hang on a second, working on it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, ah.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 3: She didn't hear back from your devices. Course she didn't have you even plugged them into the new place yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got a lot of boxes, got half dining table, got our fridge delivered yesterday, and then we don't have a new fridg Yeah. They got an ice maker, fuck gos ice make out, a filtered water machine.
Speaker 3: I really wanted all that, but my fridge hole isn't big enough, so I had to get I had to measure the hole and then get a fridge. Accordingly, it's tiny.
Speaker 2: Tell what you call Seawan's Did you do you have a tap in the bag? Like can you plummet? No? We didn't think we could, And then we looked in and there was one, and we both danced around the house. I know, it's really bougie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know if you put like wine in there instead of water, you can just get cold wine whenever you want. Actually that doesn't interest you, does it not?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: None of them had love it. Oh God, I think I want to start getting back into one red, one red, one red or one white.
Speaker 8: You know, I say, one red will put you to sleep. If that's what you're after, that's all I need. But do you know, like just one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm familiar with the concept, but I have not practiced it. Yeah, just one, And I.
Speaker 2: Don't want people to think.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: The thing that's annoyed me about when going I've been going to heaps of events and people are like, oh, do you want to drink? I know, I don't really drink. Oh what happened? Okay, people automatically assumed that I lost control of a vehicle and ran into a preschool. It's always so, oh wow, what happened to you? Someone said to me at Mardi Gras. Do you mind me asking why?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Now, I don't fucking mind. I just don't like drinking. Is I think the culture in this country is drink get wasted.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, drinking to get drunk is a problem that's some people, a lot of people actually, of course experience. But it's annoying for me because I'm drinking way less than I used to. Yeah, but on the days that I don't drink at all, I'd be like, oh, I'm going to thank myself for this. Later, I'm going to wake up feeling so clear minded and amazing because they didn't have a drop of alcohol last night. And then I wake up the next morning, I'm like, I still have a headache. Yes, he wasn't even rewarding having no alcohol. I could have had a wine and woken up feeling exactly the.
Speaker 2: Same and just fucking adults. Now, Yes, I wake up and a crack an ake. Oh it's hellish aging. I'm twenty eight this year.
Speaker 3: Ah yeah, yeah in September.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're twenty seven very soon.
Speaker 3: Not too soon, no not, I thank you joking. It's a joke, not too soon, but it will creep up on its twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're twenty six now. Yeah. Fuck, we're getting close to thirty.
Speaker 3: I've heard everyone in their thirty say that life is better in their thirties. I hope they're fucking right.
Speaker 2: I interviewed Michelle Vassage from Rippo's Drag Race yesterday, and she said the best part of her the best moments in her life have all come from forty.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think I think I'll make a fabulous forty year old.
Speaker 2: You'll be a grea I've already got the.
Speaker 3: Energy of a forty year old. Likes. Once I'm actually there, it'll be perfect.
Speaker 2: Do you think that when you get forty, your energy will be sixty?
Speaker 3: Probably I'm just twenty years ahead of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why our teachers like just growing up, because we had old souls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably true.
Speaker 2: Let's try to get those teachers on.
Speaker 3: I wrote yours down. You might have to look me at face as Wench hasle.
Speaker 2: I'm going to google.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know what it was that has had this feeling in my clip that she's the sort of person I could take gay clubbing, you know, like even though she's my teacher and we can't. Like, I just had this feeling. I was like, yeah, no, she's she's a lit bitch.
Speaker 2: Catherine Norfolk still friends are good. Look at a isn't that the face that you'd come out to?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Actually, I was picturing someone way way older than that. Really, you know, you're based off your description, she looks like fucking one of those annoying brunette fresh outer UNI teachers that you would see on summer high time. You know, that bitch that was always picking on Jonah.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about this. That's my year adviser that.
Speaker 3: I met, Missus Moyman. No, that's exactly what I pictured. Yeah, my career advisor, Missus Allen. I remember her trying to help me decide what avenues to go down. Yeah, and she was looking at my report card and going subject by subject like okay, science, maths, English. She goes, you, no, there's no clear answer to me, because you don't excel at anything. Oh and I was like, thanks, you don't excel at anything. I just had average marks for everything. None of them were above average until missus Hassel came along and maybe an excellent English student.
Speaker 2: Well, all careers advisor is paid off by the trades union because for folk. No, they never I said I want to get to media. Don't do it, mate, Now get your trade, get an apprenticeship and you'll be right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Why were they always pushing trades on me? I'm like, don't be ridiculous, Missus Allen.
Speaker 2: Just because you could be the never be the weather man on Sunrise, mister b doesn't mean I can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Missus Allen told me that, Oh, there's no point in even trying to get into media unless you have a double degree to separate you from the rest of the crowd that just have a media degree or a journalism degree. Goes you'll have to do a double degree in media and law, and I was like, fuck that.
Speaker 2: Can I just say not one person that I've ever worked with has any of that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm really annoyed it actually because fucking missus Allen had me prepare this like portfolio. I think it's just a folding it with the plastic sleeves in it. It was a fold up full of all my certificates, my resume, references and stuff, so that any job interviews I go to, I could, you know, sit down in the room, just go here's my portfolio if you'd like to have a look a little flick through. No one's ever asked for it, and it's absolutely gorgeous. I worked day and night to make that thing beautiful. No one's ever asked to see it.
Speaker 2: Do you still have it? I'd love to probably, could you bring it in. I'd love to Readah, it's.
Speaker 3: Got my like I said, my resume, all these written references. There's even one for ben Fordham in there. You're kidding, no one ever?
Speaker 8: Kids?
Speaker 2: Do you know what we should do for next week. We should both bring in one of our reports. Just try to find something because I want to read the note, because the note was always what my parents cared about. The marks were terrible, but the notes were always Mitchell is a star student.
Speaker 3: If Mitchell applied himself for once, oh that's what I always got. I'm like, oh, well watch me.
Speaker 2: Not if Mitchell stopped gossiping with the women in the class.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I wasn't even doing that. I was just sitting there like a vegetable, going what's going on?
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love to chat. Anyway, Let's bring our report card in next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I'm just messaging my mother right now.
Speaker 2: Oh, my mom will have it, mamill have it framed. Why you know my parents supporting anything. I do a solid shit and I get a fucking gift card.
Speaker 3: That's so true. They'd have a barbecue to sell. Break you're having a solid stool now.
Speaker 2: We went to Sea Level, the local seafood restaurant in the Shire, or anytime we succeeded. And then Hayden got his job at TikTok and they went, let's take you to Sea Level. So Hayden got a sea level dinner. Even he knows. It's the metric of success in my family.
Speaker 3: See that's nice. I didn't have any of that shit. They would obviously say, oh, well done, we're proud of you.
Speaker 2: But you know I wanted a party, you know, yeah, come to sea level sea level?
Speaker 3: Hold on the.
Speaker 2: Problem with it is it is sea level. And whenever there's severe floods.
Speaker 3: Well, sea level at what point because the tides changed?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, good call.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I see that looks pretty fuck it looks xy. Must be nice.
Speaker 2: It is a little We always get a seafood platter. It is sea level. Yeah, they flooded. It was awful. I think there's footage of them actually at sea level. They should use that in their marketing. That's quite funny.
Speaker 3: They've got one of those tornado signs. It's like, yeah, three hundred days above sea level.
Speaker 2: Since all right, shall we go?
Speaker 3: Oh if you want us up to here, well, oh all right, then let's head home. But we hope this podcast make you feel at least three percent better. It's all just three percent, so we do.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you for filling in the plane.
Speaker 3: I had to. Yeah, Jenna ditched us again.
Speaker 2: She had some sort of. Jones and Amanda Athon. Yeah, Jonesy's getting it, Amanda's getting a hit replaced.
Speaker 3: And Jann's donating.
Speaker 2: Jenna's given her rotator cuff because she was born with three. All right, we'll see you next week. Thank you for listening. Oh please five star reviews if you can. We love you as always.
Speaker 3: Just give us.
Speaker 2: You don't have to write anything. Just hit that fast out if you want, if you can.
Speaker 3: Apple Podcasts up to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we'll see you guys in a week. Love Yard Is It Just Me?
Speaker 3: A podcast by a couple of meches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast. Suff