Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, they have another dish. I'll bet they'll have another dish.
Speaker 3: With shoes you can't feel where you feed up.
Speaker 4: You're bringing Halfney to the Cutlery Universe.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Friday morning. It's the Christian O'Connell Show. Eight minutes past six. Good morning, producer.
Speaker 3: Rio, Good morning, Christian, Good morning, Patsy morning.
Speaker 4: Do you know what this morning when I woke up and look at my phone? You know sometimes they do. You're too young to be using Facebook. I bet you never got on Facebook, dear.
Speaker 3: No, only for Facebook Messenger.
Speaker 4: It's just use the DM service, yes, butts, yeah, but you live on there. I love it.
Speaker 2: Thould you like Instagram more though? Now welcome to the steering away from Facebook contines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw your post yesterday, just a picture of a random document.
Speaker 2: He was so beautiful, this beautiful big boome. Know he was small, he was twelve weeks old. Harvey was his name.
Speaker 4: And I've wanted one a Saint Bonard kind of sorder, kind of sorder. Pass his new podcast, just as a co dua lipa song. Don't it kind of sorder?
Speaker 2: But he had all that baby furs still, you know, the fuzzy or he was just I could have abducted him. He was just stunning.
Speaker 4: I think the normally seations you could have adopted him. You could have abducted him.
Speaker 2: I wanted to.
Speaker 4: Thank god. We have that on Instagram anyway, this morning, Facebook memories four years ago today, all the photos I remember it so well, so oh my god, I've never seen those photos. We packed up our entire house. I saw my wife and I in front of the the mega shipping container. Everything everything we owned in this giant shipping container, all of these labels, M E, LB. It was just it was just the thing. It wasn't yet a proper thing of us living here. And yeah, everything left four years ago today. We moved out here four years ago this may. But yeah, just all the photos of we think you own in your life shoved into a shipping container. And then we closed the door in the house we lived in for ten years, that the kids had grown up in, and that was it. I still got the front door keys. I couldn't hand I couldn't stand the thought of handing that last thing over. I've still got them at home on a noticeboards.
Speaker 3: Everything that you take a washing machine, right, he did bring the washing.
Speaker 4: The washing machine got smashed up, obviously going across the seas. And remember we'd only been here three days. I had to get an electrician to come out. And I opened the door and this place we were renting, and he just started yelling at me about it. Who was looking to barrat for? And if it was the pies, he wasn't coming in and that's what I was. Oh my god, they're mad about this, flipping footy. This is my first big challenge here, Patsy. All right, let's get into double thumbs up. Patsy, what are you giving your double thumbs up to this week?
Speaker 2: We watched last week Can Turning Red on Disney.
Speaker 4: Plus everyone's raving about this.
Speaker 2: We really really enjoyed it, and you know what it gave. It's a story of a little girl who is maturing and coming of age and reaching puberty, but she turns into a red panda. All the women in her family turn into a panda and they've got to learn.
Speaker 4: How tough isn't it? That journey from any girl into preteens into teenhood and then you're also a panda.
Speaker 3: It's hard enough, just I've never heard it.
Speaker 4: From that perspective, if you know, and then you're a red panda as well. It's yeah, that's a great way to do it.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of fun. But you know what it did for Chris and I, which we we just thought we'd sit down and watch a movie, It actually gave us an opportunity to sit and have a little open discussion with Audrey, just a casual talk about growing older and maturing and her body changing and all the wonderful things that are going to happen. And it was just totally unexpected. And I don't know about you with the girls when they were growing up and at Audrey's age, you know, it's always good. We always like to have a chat to ords about those things in the car because they.
Speaker 4: Can't any time they want a left somewhere. I would always volunteer, Oh will yell quicker than my wife because parents, all the magic happened when you go in the car. I don't know. It's because you're not sat in front of each other, and so they feel it's a bit too confrontational. Not they're being interviewed or something about what's going on. My deepest conversations with the girls have always been either going for water or in the car. Yeah it's good you're doing that. And so many people that are using red pand as well to turn in red. Sorry to do that, because you've got to keep talking about these sort of moments, these transitions that they're going into. It was only last week talking to Ruby we actually had a proper chat about how going to university, because all the chats so far have been about, oh god, I hope it's there, I hope it's here. And last week was the first time I said, are you actually a bit scared about leaving her? As you went, yeah, I am, And so at least we could just start to broaden the conversation. You did a great job talking about audio about it, because you know, it's like they've got no idea, none of us did just about especially for girls, it's more way more intense and boys boys to go through their or their strange changes as well. When you so you decided you to wash your own bed linen, but that's a different that's a different thing. Had a very heavy cold those years. How open was it conversation because obviously all these ages, is this all just does she know everything?
Speaker 2: I've had a couple of little conversations with her, and the first one was a little awkward, and I'm really I don't want it to be awkward. I want to be the sort of mum.
Speaker 4: There's enough shame inherit a shame that girls do.
Speaker 2: Not need to feel that's right, and I wanted to feel comfortable. But you know what, most importantly, and Chris and I have had this discussion, I want him to feel comfortable, her to feel comfortable to go to Chris and discuss it as well. Because he's lived with me for however many years, he knows what it's all about. I wanted to be able to go to him and for their conversation to be free, so all three of us had important Yeah, and I think that's really really important for him as a male role model, to say, you know that she she feels comfortable and open about it and not awkward, and you're so conscious of not making it feel awkward for them because it's kind of it's it's going to be a little strange.
Speaker 4: There's some strange sort of especially when when a parent you see that your kids the strange shame they have about their bodies, which has been around for too long as well. One of my one of the kids, went to this Catholic school and they did a very Catholic thing of having that conversation. I'm not making this up right. They had a bus used to go around to Catholic schools to tell girls about menstrual cycles. It was called the Betty Bus. No seriously. Yeah. It was like a sort of very brightly colored bus, you know, your double deck out, like a London bus. And I remember had a slide on there. I remember seeing so they would tell the girls, hey, spoiler that this is what happens. Hey, it was to go on the slide. I remember seeing Lois's face. It was like it was like what it was at the slide. It was up the conversation up at the top of the bus on the Betty Bus.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds awkward.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, and the other thing I did want to I had a message this week on Insta from one of our listeners. We spoke last week about eighteen eighty three and oh yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: And he's a pretty cool to Yellowstone.
Speaker 2: Yellowstone, Yeah, and he couldn't find it on Stan, which is what we watched it on it and that's because I've taken it off Stan. But you will find it on Paramount. So if you've been looking to see where it is, it's now on Paramount.
Speaker 4: I don't think it was ever on Stand.
Speaker 2: No, it was. We watched it on set.
Speaker 4: Why should we movie all of a sudden, it's only just come out. It was then like weeks of it coming out. Now I've seen it on Apple TV. I think it's also on Binge as well. Do you know what there's stream And also it's like google it. People go LA's as show on the time it took you to email me put it into Google. We're not Google for you. It was never on Stand.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Everything we talk about on Double Thumbs Up Friday was where we go around the team and talk about the things we're until at the moment. You will find if there's any shows that you want to get your head around or anything we'll talk about, you'll find it on our socials, whether it's Facebook or Instagram. Find the Christian O'Connell Show. There, Patsy, the show you were talking.
Speaker 2: About yea earning red and it's on Disney Plus.
Speaker 4: Rio Christian looking after Jack's seat very well. This week you can do double thumbs up.
Speaker 3: What have you got for a privilege?
Speaker 6: I don't want to hype mine up too much, But neither of your lives, the listeners' lives, are ever going to be the same after hearing this. Do you like grocery shopping or do you hate grocery shopping?
Speaker 4: I don't mind it if it's in the evening when it's nice and quiet about you.
Speaker 3: It's a chore. It's the worst part of my week.
Speaker 6: I dread it on like a very deep spiritual level, like I get all clamming things to spiritually hate it.
Speaker 3: I hate it so much, the light of the process.
Speaker 6: And the worst part is I always get lost because I swear they're always shifting the product shifting.
Speaker 3: They do it right like they do.
Speaker 6: They're in one spot, and then next week I'm trying to find my Criscuss and it's not in where the.
Speaker 4: Criscliss was before. Well, there's your mistake. Don't have Criscus. That's why we.
Speaker 7: Argue it.
Speaker 3: But the Coal's app you can make a little shopping list on your app and it tells you like a little secret treasure map. Because the stores don't tell you. They just give you that little piece of.
Speaker 4: Someone like you. Right, you'll be getting more or less ninety five percent of it's the same stuff every week. Why don't you just get it delivered?
Speaker 3: No, I like to mix it up a bit, you know, But then then then you seven dollars.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's pick up. Good opportunity to pick up in the supermarket.
Speaker 3: I'm a man of the people. I like to go through the process.
Speaker 4: Wait, I'm just so we're clear here. Did you mean pick up like pick up people, as in like dates?
Speaker 3: Oh, at the supermarket?
Speaker 4: I tell you, even myself as a very happy married man in the evening, it's different. My lady asked me to get something the other day, right, And I could tell she was checking me out because I reached for it. I gave the arm a bit of a flex, showed the ring. But when you can't have this, you can't. You can't have this. But that's actually just by all means. Take a look at it, basket, it warm your hands on my glow. But I'm afraid I'm leaving R nine.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll keep that in mind supermarket is a pickup.
Speaker 4: Seven o'clock cruising. Okay, they probably called it iling.
Speaker 3: Like the sound of eye.
Speaker 2: So you just download what is it?
Speaker 3: Just download and you.
Speaker 6: Put in what you want and then it tells you where all the aisles are, because when you go inside to the actual stores, you know they've got that little cardboard bit at the end of the aisle, but it's only got like three things on.
Speaker 3: It just makes it even mad about.
Speaker 2: The old story is different too. Their layout is different. Yeah, you put in your I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's done the same hate supermarkets.
Speaker 4: The other day, right, someone overheard me talking someone who worked at my local Woolworths. They went, oh, just you know, so I can help understand your You were English and we have an international aile. So I went to check it out. I was like a packet of sad old gravy. We stand for some sad old packet of gravy or something.
Speaker 6: All right, So the app, the Coals app, It's amazing. Download it would change your life. My second one. I know Christians familiar with them. Patsy, are you familiar with Birkenstocks?
Speaker 2: Of course I'm under a rock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know the biggest brands.
Speaker 3: Seeing I didn't know if they would have gotten to you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the old lady on the show.
Speaker 4: Older people, I think are the sort of we like a comfortable foot.
Speaker 6: Well maybe they started with you and they're coming now to the younger started it.
Speaker 4: They are so comfortable. I've got a pair of us as slippers only that's so. My indoor shoes are Birkenstocks. I literally am missing them right now.
Speaker 3: They're so good.
Speaker 6: I wasn't a non believer because I looked at people with Perkinstocks. I thumbed my nose at them.
Speaker 4: I thought that course looked like and everybody. If anything, I think everybody's done that. Until you reach a certain age, there's like a part of your DNA that gets activated where your feet just demand is.
Speaker 3: This like my is this a shi.
Speaker 4: Two years away from crops? This is how it starts.
Speaker 3: It starts.
Speaker 4: It's a gateway drug are Birkenstocks. Next thing you know, you're in alleyway and you're wearing.
Speaker 6: Rubber ice crops And then sketches yes to the young people listening, get around the Birkenstocks.
Speaker 4: Join the Brigade You O'Connell show podcast for me, this week can double thumbs up Friday. It's a brilliant documentary about a great man, a really great man. Jim Stein's legend of footy on and off the Oval. Actually an incredible story. The Jim Steins story is amazing. This documentary does him and his family service as well. It's brilliant. It's called Every Heart Beats True, which is such a great title actually for his life and what he did with his eyes. Jim Steins bend mine. This is a guy who was very good at Gaelic football, is an Irish guy, never played Ossie rules, moves here and then becomes one of the all time greats. You know, he gets he's got the Brownlow what ninety one? He played two hundred and forty four consecutive games, which incredible record in VFL and AFL. And then what he did for the club as well when it almost went under and right up until his way too early death as well, still serving as the president of the club. We just talk about who he was as a man. The documentary you can find it's actually I just checked it's also on YouTube. I saw it on Fox Sports, but you can see it on YouTube. Every Heart Beats True. I can't recommend you watch a right You do not need to be a footy fan. It actually makes you think about what life is about who you are as a person, not what you do, but who you are. Yeah, it's brilliant, The Jim Stein story Every heart Beats True and then completely different thing. Patsy, You'll love this Camart.
Speaker 3: Oh just came up.
Speaker 4: What have you got on in there this week? Patsy, I know you love camar. I've never ever on double thumbs that recommended anything from came. I brought three things, one for the studio next week, which are surprised you're with on Monday. The other thing is brought my first ever shoe rack. Oh, I love this, assembled it and game changer. In the morning, I sit down front of my shoe rack and it's like a keyboard of all the shoes. Who am I going to be today? I don't know what keys I'm going to play?
Speaker 2: Where does it live? Where have you put it?
Speaker 4: When I say shrack, I was told to go and get one by my wife. My previous system was just a pile like a nest, she called it, of shoes under my desk, Whereas I couldn't even move my feet out. I would just take shoes. I actually just throw them under there a lucky and then it would just take it. Where's the flip another one? It's like going a t K max. This is crap everywhere?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Someone someone's like a snow globe where they just tipped it upside down? You get one one shoe in one pile, and owever other spice racks. There's the shoe. It's like, who is going in here throw around various things? Anyway, what the other shoe rack? And then I've also brought myself a trolley, a three tier trolley.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I know the ones?
Speaker 3: What are you using it for?
Speaker 4: Books? I put the books that I'm ordering before I read them on the three tiers like a librarian, like.
Speaker 2: A lady in the hospital that delivers the books in.
Speaker 4: The walls, or a person that's really or a person that's really into his book. So I now have three tiers.
Speaker 3: Where do you have to move the books? Why do I have to be on a trolley because.
Speaker 4: I could just sort of, you know, just sort of move them around. But I can't stand just putting them away before i've read them. I need to know that they're there. So I can decide which one's around there.
Speaker 3: Very particular about the books.
Speaker 4: Everything to me, books are magic.
Speaker 5: Well, Christian o connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We love all the calls we get every single day on the show from you guys, so we give you one of you one thousand dollars in cash every Friday. Thanks to the team and Mercedes Benz Berrick deserve a well done. They won another big award again for their dedication to excellence with the Mercedes Benz Circle of Excellence Accolade for twenty twenty one. And I do know that isn't the first time they've won that as well. They are if you do want to get a good card, check them out. They are amazing Mercedes Benz Berrick. All right, here are some of the great callers we've had this week.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hello, Hello, Christian O'Connell show. Well, Hello, Hollor of the week.
Speaker 4: We need movie villains bonus prizes for impressions. Graham, Thanks, Okay, Thrung.
Speaker 8: That can't take a joke.
Speaker 4: Very good. It also sounds like Ricky Gervasi's laugh. Paul, good morning, Paul.
Speaker 9: Come, that's my best William's shirt.
Speaker 4: That is solid. We're talking about house rules, Yes, good morning.
Speaker 9: If we have a shell, we have to squeege the after to make sure we don't get any of the scum sitting on there and water droplets. Dright up, one for the floor for the tiles and one for the shower screen.
Speaker 2: Well that's hardcore.
Speaker 4: I mean there are serial killers that don't clean up after it like that, squeeging the floor and the side. It's intense workout for your course, like plants in the shower just round at yours And that's when you.
Speaker 9: Don't want anyone to walk in on you when you're beinging over.
Speaker 4: All right, house rules, Jamie, what is it?
Speaker 10: A muskling mind on his shoes off? I'll take you out through the four screen on the front door, and then I open up the garage door, take your shoes off, You get your own personal slippers to come inside, and then if you need to go outside, to take you indoor slickers off, and then I'm going to shoe right for the outdoor slippers home.
Speaker 4: I find that a bit revolting.
Speaker 10: There's no bit of my slippers. She haven't got doctor and ulster as well?
Speaker 4: I did you like footnocker Collar of the week, Always tough? To pick just one, but the one thousand dollar cooler week is you, Jamie. Yees, get yourself some new slippers for house guests. Get the spare shoes of people coming in going out of the back as well. We love your house rules yesterday. The line I check you out through the fly screen door will live with me for a very long time. I loved it yesterday, Jamie. Very funny, cool, awesome mate.
Speaker 10: Yeah, super excited that wicked man.
Speaker 4: What are you gonna do with you one thousand dollars? Anything different?
Speaker 10: I'm probably gonna buy my wife a new set of golf cards.
Speaker 4: Actually so good, she's pretty good.
Speaker 10: She's she's getting a bit better. But yeah, she's due for an upgrade. So the last sep five years old.
Speaker 4: So I think I'm going to buy a new ship A good man, Jamie. Oh, she enjoys them. And thanks to calling the show yesday. Have a good weekend.
Speaker 10: So easy you two guys. Thanks very much.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: You can call the show, you can email the show. We love getting your stories Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Late late to the party with for your emails. Nothing we ever talk about on the show. It's Kevin left compete ted. You can pick it up whenever you want. All right, some of these emails we've got peacocks, testicles and a drunken one sent to me last night at eleven pm from a very jubilant blues fan and rightly so watched the game last night. It's superb. All right, let's get into them, Las Christian. I had a peacock in my car this week. On the show we were talking about strange this thing you've ever had in your carm. We lived on a small farm and my parents ran a pottery studio from it. They thought would be a big drawer to have a peacock on the farm. You're quite right, it's the marketing gimmicker Disney, I get to you and so. But they were a menace. They poop a lot on everywhere, they make a terrible bird call, and the female is but ugly. So my dad decided to make them someone else's problem. We had a friend who thought they'd be a good idea, so we needed to transport them. We trapped them in the visitors bathroom, which they pretty much painted with their feces. He's up last and then backed up the panel van to it. Thankfully they couldn't get close to us, but yeah, they cleaning up afterwards took ages. Thought you might like that story that particularly actually does. Christian. I used to live on a farm. I was the youngest of seven kids. We have got so many emails about house rules after we did it. Got into it yesterday. I think we might be going back into it to the dish rusher again for a part two today. I was the youngest of seven kids. I had two brothers and four sisters. In nineteen sixty three, I was six months old and my parents were lucky enough to build a new, larger house replacing our original farmhouse. The new house rule was that us boys were not allowed on the carpet. Oh the girls were. His sisters were allowed. We were allowed in the kitchen, dining in the background, our bedroom, and the bathroom, but that was it. The main bathroom was off a carpeted hallway, so that was also a no go zone. The only exception to the rule was when the Catholic priest came to visit. The rule was relaxed when I was about ten years old. Adrian, that is something else I've never heard such a story, Christian. My husband's only house rule is that you are allowed to play ball games in the house. Oh please, can I come round? Football, soccer, tennis. It doesn't matter what you can play. You can play indoors at night. The kids play soccer with him down the hallways, through the bedrooms, scuffing and dinting all the walls. He is British. What does that mean, Carl's I was never allowed to play football in his house at home, so it stands as his only house rule. That is great, Chris. The strangest thing I've had in my cup was my testicle tubes after my verseecuory.
Speaker 2: Oh, it took them with him.
Speaker 4: I didn't know they gave them to you takeaways. It's freaked out some nosy passengers looking through the glove box, aren't they? And then this one came in at eleven oh one pm yesterday evening. Someone's had a couple of shandies at the game. I decided to take a shot at the King Christners. I see here in the back seat of a car, slightly intoxicated on the slow road home. I must ponder the night's perier proceedings. Blew off work early today, had a beer at home before we tidy up and then headed off to the g. Like you said on the show Yesterdays, nothing better than the walk up to the MCG on a game day. We had a great dinner, got to meet some of the heroes from the nineteen seventy two premiership team. Saw a great no, no, great game of footy. This is how people talk when they're dronk, don't they No, it wasn't it wasn't just great. Great ended up we are on our top of the ladder underfeature with great processions.
Speaker 2: It's around one.
Speaker 4: Hero to top it off on one slams of beer. Wow. I'm having a late start of the morning so I can reflect on my mighty Blues win. Possibly watch the replay. This is the line that annoyed me. Can't wait to take on you guys the d's listen, Steve bringing all right, you've had one little win against the former Kings tiger Land which is now very muted. Let's see how you go. But it was a great game yesterday. Welcome Steve and the Blues as well. That's your emails. We call them lates La Party. We love getting them. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 5: But Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Would you like to meet Jack's son Gordon Post? Here he is a Jack has left a message for us all. He's back on the show Monday. Here is Jack Posts, but really starring his son Gordon Post.
Speaker 5: Get a team.
Speaker 11: It's Jack on day six of being a father. We're all back home now, Bianca and Gordon doing well and me doing well too.
Speaker 4: Oh that's great.
Speaker 11: It's crazy. The days is like it feels super busy, but at the same time nothing happens. Like all he does is wake up, feed, cry for a bit and you try and put him down and then repeat, excuse me, I'm trying to leave a message for Christian and that's it, and then you repeat at weird hours of the day, Yeah, weird hours do and it all sort of merges into each other. But then you look at the clock in twelve hours has past. So I am looking forward to getting back in there on Monday.
Speaker 4: So just let say.
Speaker 11: Hello, little boy, good boy, good boy. I'm looking forward to getting back on Monday, putting a bit of routine back into my day and to see you guys again. Bye bye, say Bye, Gordon A good.
Speaker 4: That little new book cry Magical, Magical, magical, couple of things on that right. The way he's talking to his son, It's like, why is he doing that voice? He's talking to a bit their son, little boy? What is happening to Jack? He's still at odds with the whole process, isn't he If we thought there's going to be a huge seismic shift with Jack posts so far almost a week in Little Boy, Good Boy, and I feel so special that I thought, because we haven't actually seen Jack for four weeks, you know, for three weeks before this week. Obviously he's off on paternity leave. He's been doing the show down the line from home. I insistedly went down because I just wanted to do anything that we could to keep him and his wife's safe away from COVID or anything like that. Heartbreaker thought Jack not being able to be there in the birth of sweet So we haven't acually seen him for four weeks. What is he saying? He's just looking forward to coming to get a bit more routine.
Speaker 2: Inane, Jack come on my three early feeds, and.
Speaker 4: You know he's just basically coming in to get a bit of routine I was just like, surely he could have chosen better words and a description of being a dad based to a baby of random stuff at random hours. When you hear play this game, when he rejoins us next week, right when you hear Jack talk about it, it's as if he's the first dad in the history of the world. Anyway, we do miss him. It'd be nice to get a bit more routine back, which act, won't it, you know, old routine post. He's back on the show on Monday, wide eyed. Now he won't be wide eyed, actually bleary eyed and bleating. Well.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 4: Podcast yesterday on the show, it was like a civil war. The team normally standing shoulder with me, unfortunately, was standing surrounded me, pointing at me, laughing at me because of my system of stacking the cutlery in the dishwasher. Knife goes with knives, Fawks are with fawks, spoons are with spoons. That way, when it's dry and you are emptying a dishwasher, which is always the biggest pain, you're simply grabbing handfuls of cutlery that's already it's already together.
Speaker 3: Al wasted time.
Speaker 4: Oh you're putting it in there anyway. You're going to put it in there anyway? What does it hurt you? Which one does it hurt you? Who needs to have that kind of internal dialogue?
Speaker 6: You just see it too, Bank straight in where it goes gratification now at the time, Just Bank get away.
Speaker 4: I'm an early unifier anyway, yesterday, lot of calls as I need urgent support. I's been outnumbered here behind enemy lines, like I often am as a brit here on the show, and thankfully you were there for me. You were fellow believers.
Speaker 12: Not only do I have to have fork and knife, fork and knife, I actually do it in a helix. It has to be fork and knife, then knife and fork, fork and knife, and it goes through there so that none of them touch.
Speaker 7: Sometimes the fork can be substituted with the spoon.
Speaker 4: Are you backing me, dish or char rules?
Speaker 13: Absolutely, Christian. I've got five boys at home and they do freaking head in. Are you common Bogan? Seriously?
Speaker 14: You put it in forks, knives, little spoons, big spoons, and.
Speaker 15: Whoever empties a dishwasher.
Speaker 14: It's so much easier for them.
Speaker 4: I'm still getting emails about this, producer time it's a smart man. So he tried it last night. I found it pain any new habit feels uncomfortable, all right, Any your friends were talking about this to you as well.
Speaker 3: You get a nerve.
Speaker 6: As soon as I got out of the studio yesterday, I was getting messages from it. It's fuming with me, like I was some sort of like horribly person. The words there was, I can't say them on air. They were fired up.
Speaker 4: Now the big thing that people are now wanting to know is are you either raw or a rinser? Now, raw is where you basically you do the scrape and then you just put the plate in straining right or rinsing you're doing that thing. My wife is an insistent rinser, you know. She's like, I can see these because sugar, well you're not the one that has to empty out, you know that mankey little training there with a tried old pasta and peace sweet corn and stuff like that, and it all clogs up and the arms get clogged up as well as well. Are you raw or rinser?
Speaker 2: Patsy, Oh, definitely rinser.
Speaker 3: I've had.
Speaker 4: I only rinse of My wife is about I did this all the time.
Speaker 3: That's what the dishwasher is there for, exactly. We're not living in pioneering times, all right.
Speaker 4: Call in now? Then? Are you row or a rinser? When you're loading up the dishwasher? Did you shove it in like me and real deal? Or you like pantsy? Are you giving it the pre rinse? You might as well just finish it off with wash it if you do.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you just need to get the chunks of it.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I'm a very very good scraper. When I do that scrape into the food pin, it all comes off.
Speaker 2: Then, no, no, no, you get bits of gravy and stuff.
Speaker 3: That's what the dishwashers machine.
Speaker 2: That's barbaric you too, that is oh.
Speaker 4: Very dare you? I said? Good data?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: When you're stuck in the dishwasher, do you rinse the plates basically doing the job of technology advanced technology?
Speaker 3: Wasting water as well?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, of course I've thought about that. Of course you're wasting water? Or do you let the machine do its proud work. You're robbing it of its job. You're either you one of two things. It's very simple. You're either raw or you don't, Patsy, a rinser.
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong with rinsing. You're saving your machine. I guarantee my machine will last longer than yours because running through over.
Speaker 4: Get your hands out of my dishwasher nine four four one o four three. Allison, who do we have here? Are you raw or a rinser?
Speaker 13: Definitely a raw?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 4: Done? History will thank us.
Speaker 12: They will waste too much water rinsing and it's got a filter to catch all the bits.
Speaker 14: What do you need to rinse for?
Speaker 3: And are you the only raw in your family? Allison? Or are their rinses involved?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 13: No, I trained them all.
Speaker 4: Well trained immigration.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: No, this is very excited to hear from you, Allison. Thank you, no worries.
Speaker 9: Have a great day, guys.
Speaker 4: We will. I will with my nice clean plates. Uh, Nicole, good morning.
Speaker 14: Going guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we're good. What are you raw or rinser?
Speaker 17: I am a rare and I'm sorry, Patsy, but I got a new dishwasher a few months ago and the technician actually told me not to rinse it because the filter will catch all of it and you just take the.
Speaker 2: But if you've got a wiz, you've probably got a wizbag.
Speaker 3: Vindication.
Speaker 2: Really well, that that shocks me. That really.
Speaker 7: Shock you.
Speaker 4: Not like global events, but that's going to shock you. That is a revelation, I have to say, revelation, Nicole, thank you very much to call. Let's go to Kevin. Good morning, Kevin, Good morning, Christian. How are you to I'm good, buddy, but I need to know first question, you're a or a rinser.
Speaker 16: I'm definitely a rinser.
Speaker 4: Now, oh, he saw a light. You've had a conversion. What happened the main got you? Yeah?
Speaker 16: I asked my ex wife to leave the house a few years back and decided to just be a roar. And what happen is that little container down the bottom filled up with crap and I didn't realize you had to clean it. It broke and lake water all through the house, wrecked the kitchen, wrecked the floorboards, and I spent sixty one days in the hotel room with two kids. Why they fixed the kitchen?
Speaker 4: Oh my work. This is why wasn't a TV show about That's it be called sixty one days? Oh I am STU give your service in a hotel room with your kids? How old are they?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 16: One day that ain't now on the other one's thurday. But they were like twelve and eight at the final twelve and seven.
Speaker 4: Oh my, what that's so intense.
Speaker 16: Ah, you just when you have to get them to and from school and from their mum's house and.
Speaker 4: Then going on there. So but you just got to clean out the filter. The fault is yours. Yeah.
Speaker 16: The problem was why I didn't know because I was mail and I didn't realize.
Speaker 4: I use that excuse. I got genitals. You'll know how to do that. We're not all like you, numpty. You just know to clean out the filter.
Speaker 16: Yeah. Well, sometimes things are going to be explained to you.
Speaker 4: True, true, Kevin, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Christian Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 4: The big debate rages on, are you a rinser or are you raw talking about stacking the dishoror show with the plates? Do you give her a wastely so wastelely rinsea He just put it in there. Let the dishwasher do its proud job. And from Paul Christian, are you mad? That's not only the says by the way, mad yesterday you're all about similar types of cutlery together. Today you've lost me. I begrudgingly to the pre washed before I stack the dishwasher with all the cuntry together. I used to be raw like you. I had a forced conversion. I love that. Some kind of intervention, did you, Paul, All right, let's let's go to the nights.
Speaker 7: Jake, Good morning, Good morning everyone, Happy Friday.
Speaker 4: Friday, Jake and Jake, you raw or a rinser?
Speaker 7: So if it's a pan, I give it a good scrub before putting in a dishwasher, not.
Speaker 4: Like a frying pan. Tho, Yeah, you should never put them in wrecks.
Speaker 2: The hand or.
Speaker 7: Would kill me.
Speaker 3: My mom would kill you.
Speaker 4: Get together and there'd be a horrible kind of mum punch on. The most deadly of all punch on is a mum on. That's a different.
Speaker 7: If it's my normal, my normal plates go straight.
Speaker 4: All right, buddy, have a nice weekend. Vicky, Vicky, Hello, Hello there, Vicky. Raw a rinser.
Speaker 13: Definitely a raw.
Speaker 8: Patsy is one hundred percent incorrect saying that you need to rinse. The reason is there is a center now in the newer machines that sensors the amount of dirt on the plate.
Speaker 2: Fancy I've got to basically sells.
Speaker 4: Weasel told you that Madam could see only reason.
Speaker 12: That's not the only reason.
Speaker 8: But I googled it because I've been arguing with my house makes for years and I ended up having to print it out and leave it. You're doing the right thing. Sprak the croud off into the bin and the fil detaches everything else and stop wasting water.
Speaker 4: Yes, Vicky, I'm hoping that some of these people like Patsy can listen to reason.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the experts and the manufacturers are now recommending telling people you do not.
Speaker 2: Bring Yeah, you know why because I want to sell more more dishwashings.
Speaker 4: You are your Pete Evans. Here is it Byron I wish I could, Vicky. Thank you very much for being the final word on this and the right word on this. Thank you, Vicky.
Speaker 13: Yeah, tell people to google it.
Speaker 7: They'll be surprised.
Speaker 4: Print it off. I'm going to print it off right now and leave it on Patsy's news desiccated. Sorry, Vicky, we did with a flat earther.
Speaker 5: Here the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Every Friday, we call it knock off Friday because that is the best thing about Friday. Isn't it when people ask you what time are you knocking off today? So you can call me up No. Four one four one o four three, tell me what time are you knocking off today? And then what is your highlight of this week? What have you got on that you're actually looking forward to anything? Share it with us nine four one four three for me actually doing something tonight during the six ticks lovely lockdowns that we had. One of the things that my wife and I used to do with all of our friends, which of these online wine tastings. This company called Armadale Sellers and a guy there called Phil Right. He's a big character. You know, it's all about wine. He's got his great stories about it. And what they would do is she would sign up for the wine test and they send you six of they know, those tiny little bottles. They're not you wouldn't call it bottle of wine, you know, the tiny ones.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I'm holding my fingers.
Speaker 2: Up on the radio or whatever.
Speaker 4: Someone knows exactly watching them. Okay, take your word for it, Drinky lady, two hundred and fifty meals. And then he goes to you do your tasty and you can order and all that. Anyway, so they were on zoom and it was it was great fun. It's just something to do on a Friday night today. It's the one post Covid we can all go to his place. O lovely, you got cellar there, Armadelle, So so we're all going to that. I cannot wait. I'm looking forward to it. It's a sheer ass tasting one tonight, predicting a heavy head tomorrow morning. Patsy, what are you up to this weekend? What have you got to the You know?
Speaker 2: When I leave here today, I am having a remedial massage, which will be painful, but I know it will pay off in the days ahead. So I'm looking forward to that. I haven't had a massage.
Speaker 4: All lovely, what I think, what a great thing to do on the Friday's worse. You'll loose and relax for the week.
Speaker 2: Lucy Goosey. And then on the way home, I have to pick up a mirror that I've bought online for a sideboard I don't have for a room I haven't transformed yet.
Speaker 4: Oh, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: You're a room transformers, like a future project. My husband thinks I'm crazy. I've got this vision for this room, and if I see something that I know is going to fit in it, I'll get it. But it might sit in the garage for a few years before we get around to doing it.
Speaker 4: A few years in his road the boxes, this is so what you stop pinting stuff this ficture.
Speaker 2: Room, because you know, sometimes when you go shopping for stuff, you can't find you know what you want, you can't find it. But I saw this mirror.
Speaker 4: I literally don't know that.
Speaker 2: It's like a third of the price.
Speaker 4: I either want that or I don't. That's all the dialogue is.
Speaker 2: I can see the vision, can see it on the horizon.
Speaker 4: I see transformed rooms. It's pactially sixth sense.
Speaker 2: It's my new show.
Speaker 4: And you're probably too modest to mention this. You're doing this, and you've been invited, as you should be because you're amazing what you do. You're doing this Women in Media Buffet special Lunch at the Langham.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's what That's what this massage is all about, as guests of the Langham today. Stemming from the Women in Media, which was a beautiful event, these really successful, inspiring women and we've got a.
Speaker 4: Lovely little show of which you are on.
Speaker 2: Thank you And in the showbag was this message and I haven't had time to use it. So Andre and the team are looking after me today.
Speaker 4: Is he's doing it? Because I've often thought Dondre's got lovely hands. I'd be very happy if you to give me a rub down.
Speaker 2: I'll say that if you're doing it.
Speaker 4: Just behind reception. You're lying face down there, so I'll check you in a minute. Which is doing the can cause at the moment? All right, so give us a call nine four one one o four three. What time you're knocking off? And then what have you got? What is your massage this weekend? Maybe you've got a happy ending or I mean to your weekend or something like that, you know.
Speaker 5: But Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Best question of the week. What time are you knocking off today? And then we want to know also what is the high night of your weekend? What have you got on that you're looking forward to? Anything? Share it with us now nine four one o four three knock on Friday, Brenda, Brenda. I want to put you on first because you're doing a great thing. You're doing the big shave, absolutely good on you. How can we support you, I'll sponsor you. I'd be very happy to.
Speaker 7: I'd have to.
Speaker 13: Try and share the link. I'm not very tech savvy.
Speaker 7: With all that.
Speaker 4: We don't worry about that. Tell you what we do. After we've had a chat, you stay on a hold where we'll get the details and we'll put them. I'll do them before the end of the show.
Speaker 14: Okay, all right, cool, no worries.
Speaker 4: Are you a nurse, Brenda? I am?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then what time is the big Shave's.
Speaker 13: Quarter past one tomorrow afternoon?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Are you nervous?
Speaker 7: I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm really excited.
Speaker 4: Is it all coming off? You haven't a yeah.
Speaker 13: Then I go on the whole the whole thing, gonna do the whole thing.
Speaker 4: You're going to do the whole thing. All those luscious Brenda locks they're going yep.
Speaker 7: Yep, all of them.
Speaker 13: They've gone a bit gray anyway.
Speaker 4: So so it happens we get to our ages more and more every day you wake up. There's a few more coming through. Brenda. Good on you for doing this. You're doing it with some colleagues as well, not just me. Ah brilliant, Well, please down the line, we'll get your details and then we can worry about the rest of it. How we can tell people I'm sponsored, but I'd love to good on you that as well. Yeah, no worries, Good luck, Brenda, Thank you. I'll speak to board Brenda on Monday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, it.
Speaker 4: Just sounds like she's surprised. I thought he's gonna spoiler. He'd be Bill, Brenda, Johnny moy come on in, John morning, how are you going? I'm good John, And what some of you knocking off today?
Speaker 7: At about eleven thirty this morning, I'm on the way in down so oh.
Speaker 4: Nice early midday? Sure day about as.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do daytime disco programs for the disabled.
Speaker 4: On you and John? What is your highlight this weekend?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm in a band and this is our second gig in now. The original members of the drummer and the bass player started the band forty five years ago, and they hadn't played together in forty years, so they got the.
Speaker 4: Bin you've only done two gigs in forty five years the.
Speaker 7: Original member the original members have yes, yes, So they got the band back together, did the old Blues Brothers thing and decided, look, let's get together and and rehash old times when we were teena so we did all that and they got some of us rizos together and it's our second gig on Saturday. Here I am Scotty Scotty's.
Speaker 4: Garage and where is he in Seaford?
Speaker 7: That's in Seaford in Miles Groves, number seventy one, Miles Grove.
Speaker 4: Great, okay. I hope you enjoy tomorrow night with your buddies.
Speaker 7: Oh we're going to have a board, mate. We'll be bashing out John Cougar over our night winning from Billie Ied all all the hard rock, rolling star and stuff.
Speaker 4: So brilliant. It's to be a great night there in Seaford. You enjoy it, John, Thank you, all right, take care. Let's go to Dylan. Come on in Dylan.
Speaker 10: How are we doing people?
Speaker 4: Good morning, people, be good? People, be good? What's going on with you mate? What time you knocking off?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 7: Three thirty on the money today?
Speaker 16: You know nothing?
Speaker 10: No overtime for us, that's the.
Speaker 4: Fucking And what is your highlight this weekend, diner?
Speaker 7: Well, we have my daughter's basketball match earlier in the morning, eight thirty start or something, and then Saturday, yeah, that's then the the sons later on.
Speaker 10: But in between that me and.
Speaker 7: The life fingers in the air.
Speaker 10: Going on a date.
Speaker 9: We're actually going to pick up our baby toy poodle puppy, which the kids have no idea about.
Speaker 7: So very exciting for the fur baby.
Speaker 4: Are you filming all of this when they we will be.
Speaker 7: The mother's over from New Zealand, so she's going to be holding the camera season on the surprise. So I'm pretty sure there's either going to be tears, screams or what all of that.
Speaker 4: Do you know what we lockdown? Little dog? Reggie's a toy poodle. They are. They are telling you what your kids will fall in love with the toy poodle. They are literally like a toy dog. This thing gags you to pick him up and actually cuddle him.
Speaker 7: I'm a bit of a burly dude, but I could.
Speaker 4: Window we're watching together, you will start cuddling that little toy poodle.
Speaker 7: This it's like a little silky potato.
Speaker 4: That's such cute little dogs. Honestly, I almost wish I could be there. Your kids love that you all were. Actually, it's great news, all right, didn't enjoy.
Speaker 10: Thanks guys, have a good week.
Speaker 4: Thank you and you well you will. That's amazing news.
Speaker 5: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're asking what time we knocking off today and what is the highlight of your weekend?
Speaker 14: Jess, Good morning Christian and Melbourne. How are we.
Speaker 4: A small section of them? But Jess, we're good. And what have you got on this weekend? Mate?
Speaker 14: I fly up to see my son for the first time in five months.
Speaker 4: Oh, I bet you've missed him so much.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I missed Thursday last weekend. Yeah, I'm pretty excited.
Speaker 4: Maybe tell and just tell me. When do you go?
Speaker 14: First thing tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: First thing tomorrow morning, on the first flight out of town. I bet I will be able get to see my mom and dad in at Easter time. I haven't seen him in three years with COVID and all that, so I can only imagine you'll have a beautiful reunion. How old is your boy?
Speaker 14: I just turned twenty?
Speaker 4: Just turned twenty. Do you know what you're going to be doing other than hugging and giving each other a good Yeah, good squeeze and hug. Oh.
Speaker 14: I did ask him to pack a beach town because I don't think tissues will be enough by the time I seen. He called me a lot of names after that he's I think he's planning on teaching surfing wow to the most uncoordinated person in Australia. I think so it should be should be entertaining. So anyone up nearby and bay get down and have a glance at someone really special trying to surf.
Speaker 4: Jess, you're going to have a lovely time. How long are you with him for?
Speaker 14: I have to fly back Sunday night, so I only get one night with him.
Speaker 4: But oh, you still have a cool day. You're not as well. Watch out for those crows by the way, aren't you in a field or someone? They're going to fly away with you, the crows lifting you up there.
Speaker 14: I'm just hoping he wakes up early enough to pick me up from the airport.
Speaker 4: You say that in your mind. There's in any parents mind, there's the fantasy of it all, isn't there? And then there's sometimes the ah, big night last night, momma sleep my America's get some food for me.
Speaker 14: I gave it to him the other day. So mate, don't get to pick me up, he said, MA, I don't think I'll forget. I'll probably sleep in so you know I'm.
Speaker 4: Tired, Jess, have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 14: Thanks guys, you too, be safe.
Speaker 4: We will you be saving those crows and magpies and coming for your jets. Jackie, good morning, Hello Christian, Hello Jackie. What have you got on this weekend?
Speaker 13: Oh? I'm able to finish at three o'clock today and I'm going to have a top gun flight experience that my husband bought me.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Well, I just.
Speaker 4: Say we've got a Maverick on the line here, so tell us about the top gun experience.
Speaker 13: My husband brought me a top gun experience and I'm finally getting to do it with all the restrictions being lifted and everything, and we're heading to first thing.
Speaker 4: It was top gun flights. It was the first thing that Dan went for. To be honest, didn't he normal Mavericks? You know, no Mavericks up there on that hard deck?
Speaker 5: I hope not.
Speaker 4: And where do you go for this?
Speaker 13: I'm going to ocean growth.
Speaker 4: All right? Okay? And what happens then? You do? You get to fly the plane?
Speaker 13: Oh? You want me to slide the plane? I'll be like a passenger. A friend of mine was telling me about it. He did it, and they sit you in the back one and then they have a dog fight.
Speaker 4: That day's lunch coming up.
Speaker 13: I said to my husband, I don't want to eat before.
Speaker 4: Oh I go blimey. I'll tell you what, you are very brave doing that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm a little bit nervous, but I just love all that, that feel of it and everything starts awesome. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: And have you done anything like this before?
Speaker 13: I've done the turn and jump out of an aeroplane, balloon flights and things like that.
Speaker 4: Call, I'm going to start calling you hard care. No longer you Jackie on this show. Anytime you call in now, we'll leave you a hardcores on the line. Another hardcore activity.
Speaker 14: You do, I'll put that as my call out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hardcore and hardcore. What time will's up tomorrow at.
Speaker 13: Nine o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 4: Nine am? Yeah, no break, otherwise you'll have a snag decorate?
Speaker 2: What else is on your bucket list? You've done so much already.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I know. I would like to just travel Australia. No, that's not a tool speaking, but I think it could be, you know, with different things that you can do.
Speaker 4: You know what, my wife and I talk about it all the time. How at some point we want to do it over a couple of months, and you wouldn't even touch it in a couple of months. But we cannot wait for the day that we do go and explore Australia. I've even had a look to r v's that i'd hire, and yeah, I can't wait to do. That's such a great country to go and really explore these amazing places. I'd love to do. It's a great thing.
Speaker 13: I've done a lot of it. But Bridge.
Speaker 4: Hands hardcore. Please, I've just seen the producers have relet what I'm yes, hardcore call us Monday. I want the full review. Okay, what was it like?
Speaker 15: Okay, I'll let you know.
Speaker 13: Can I just also say the previous caller, Jess, is my daughter.
Speaker 4: Doing a moment nor takedown on me? I know, what are the chances of that? You can? Yes? So he's your.
Speaker 13: Grandson, that's right, my twenty year old grandson.
Speaker 7: She's going to say, I'm putting.
Speaker 4: It all together, is it? You must have got tearful here and the emotional coming up.
Speaker 5: Thereof I did or did?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 13: Yes, So I've missed him as well and everything. But he's doing the thing, you know, and I want him to.
Speaker 4: Do yeah, absolutely, tell me this, then you'll get this. Is he going to be there? What do you show up when you pick her up?
Speaker 13: Look at his touch and go. He does want.
Speaker 4: Better be Otherwise hardcore is going to be on the line. You don't want to get the wrong side the hardcore.
Speaker 13: I'll take the pine up there.
Speaker 4: Well, a job fight, all right, hard enjoy tomorrow. Let's all look up above ocean. We're seeing up there and they give us a cool man dad. Love to hear how you got on?
Speaker 13: Okay, I love you guys.
Speaker 7: That's playing?
Speaker 4: Is it hardcore? She's up there right now, Guys, hardcore is leaving the show at a vast rate of knots. We've got to speak to on Monday.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'commells show podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm doing something Thursday for the first time that I really hope some dads will come along to. I'm hosting my first ever dad's group. I've been asked a couple of times if I would do this, especially after my book came out last year, and I've always felt slightly awkward about doing it because I would not consider myself the perfect dad. I would say I'm a black belt in shabby dad behavior. I am very much a very big work in progress. Even yesterday evening I made hims to day I went into sometimes the toughest journey you'll ever go on as a dad is going into your teenage daughter's bedroom. It can be that I, what do you want? That's what I actually was met with yesterday. What do you want? Is everything? Okay? Can I get you anything? This is why are you actually in here? And I said, oh, I actually just want to come and see if you want to watch TV with me? She go, oh, I love you. Why don't you just say that? That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Actually, So get to the point.
Speaker 4: I'll be sharing these tips next week at my phone ever Dad's group, But I genuinely hope that dads do come along and we can swap stories from the front line. After almost eighteen years of being a dad, I have made a lot of mistakes. But tell me, one thing I had been doing paying attention and one thing to transform my relationship with my daughters about two years ago is I actually went to see a parental expert and I felt really sad when I saw, as she said, You're about the only one of the a handful of dads I've ever seen. It's a lot of mums go and sometimes us dads, And I know I've done this in the past. You kind of see it as worse mum's responsibility to do that kind of stuff, and you kind of go a bit mia. You don't quite know how to step into the space sometimes how you need to evolve, You need to really change the different skills that I had to learn when my daughters became teenagers, because I felt like the mode of dad that I've been for all the time before that that wasn't need anymore. They didn't need that kind of dad. They needed something different. So I am hosting a dad's group next week. I have picked a venue A show is a great place for men to talk. It's my local pub. Actually go ind of the day. I've never booked a room for something in my life, and I look around this function room and act to look at the costings of always free next week, and I actually high it's my first ever function room in the pub. As I was leaving, I looked at myself in the mirror. I felt like, sometimes you can be an adult trying more of this. So I'm not a parental expert, but I would love to Dad's to come along and share what it's like to be a dad. I have learned a lot and I am bringing someone with me, the lady that I did go and see two years ago, who's brilliant. I think she's fantastic. She's called Heidi Rogers. She totally transformed and she taught me one thing that I say to any dad. I talked to one thing that is the single most important thing I've ever learned about being a dad. And we'll get into it next week. So it's a pub in Sandringham. It's called Hobson's, about one minute from the station. It's a really great pub. Actually, that's why I wanted to choose it, So come along. It's free. It's at Hobson's next Thursday night. You can show up. You don't need to s yeah, you don't need to say anything. The fact that you're just prepared to show up and listen and be opening a conversation about, well, maybe I could learn some stuff. Maybe you could just have a listen and take some stuff in. That's already amazing. You don't need to pour anything out you don't feel comfortable doing. Maybe you will after a beer. Who knows. It's at Hobson's Pub. It's in Sangega about minute from the stations next Thursday night. I do just need to get a number of numbers because the venue of asked me to find this out. All COVID safe, so you just need to go and register. It won't cost you a buck. And if you use this code word John Wick's Dead Dog, I will shout you your first beer. All right, all lemon linebers what on that? But anyway, just go to if you fancy coming along, head to the Gold website Gold one I four to three dot com dot au. Dad's see you next Thursday.
Speaker 5: Christian no Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 4: What Today Today? Time was stuff pirate bands. It is World Pirate Awareness Day. It has to be aware of them or they got a union together and they want to scare us. It's unionized, decent working wage and regular hours.
Speaker 3: They're striking.
Speaker 4: Actually at the moment, are they terrible? All right? So we're looking for your pirate bands? Are yeah, yeah, shooting a deras the accents of back yes? O? Are Kenny? Oh? Are Kenny?
Speaker 3: God? Good star?
Speaker 4: Kelly me? What the pillage people? God? I on the maiden a maid? You know like a rock band. I on the maiden are more maidens? A creepy bronze Tom Brown, Pilot, Lincoln Lincoln Parrot. They're folding now, aren't they. The accident is enough walking the family over. You've got the bar shimming my timbers lake.
Speaker 3: Justin that's a stewer.
Speaker 4: Plus ah, where do we keep all our plunder.
Speaker 3: In the booty?
Speaker 4: Sorry? That's why they walked funny.
Speaker 18: In the treasure chest dummies instead of the crash test dummies.
Speaker 4: Ye oh yeah, give me your board treasure til only have parrot again? No, what have you got? Them bought and actually stripped my vocal course I've done damage pirate bands. What have you got ship my room? Oh? Sorry? O? Who ah? Have the gold? Very good?
Speaker 6: You put it in the You remember Third Eye Blind from ages ago with that one song?
Speaker 4: Yep? What about One Eyed Blind?
Speaker 6: One Eye?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, and I patch gold as well.
Speaker 3: You're doing very well parrots at the disco.
Speaker 4: Three golds and you take it to a fourth. This has never been done by Jack Post this year.
Speaker 3: Well, in the spirit of Jack Post, I dedicate this one to Jack Post.
Speaker 4: Oh right, you got a bronze fa.
Speaker 3: His favorite brands friends will Rum, silver.
Speaker 2: Man overboard, right shocking.
Speaker 5: What this is The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time to Martha Tye Waster someone winning their way to go and see Chris Rock live Rio.
Speaker 3: Someone will win.
Speaker 4: When you remember that is the question? Right, We're looking for your pirate bands today on World Pirate Awareness Day. You know that was just me getting into two character as we go inside the DJ studio.
Speaker 6: Metallica, Good start, Gold, gm X marks the spots.
Speaker 3: Alrightp Gold.
Speaker 4: I never thought we'd be reading out the name GMx on this radio station. Glennon Lang Warren. That's some skills.
Speaker 18: Peruna a desert island high mister Adam Fleetwood peg leg Oh no, spice rum girls? Where their awful singing Silver.
Speaker 4: Stealing my nickelback? Are you Scottish?
Speaker 3: There we to understand.
Speaker 4: Stealing my nickelback?
Speaker 18: I said, good Gold? Where am I red hot hitty pantaloons?
Speaker 4: Ed Scott?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen them? Uh silver plus.
Speaker 4: Hope the news is starting link need one shoe? What link? Need one shoe.
Speaker 3: Over my head?
Speaker 19: Now we get one of themself to see Chris Rock card Yes, thank you, simply Red Beard, Silver Captain Skyhooks.
Speaker 4: That's funny. Oh Matie Gray, Oh mat Gray, You getting boys super plus? Yeswell on Richie, I can't keep it up much longer. Pain, I am struggling strengthening myself with these boote Springsteen Go, Jimmy Barnacles, Amazing Scurry, Doggy does Silver? How do we end on that one? Black pearl?
Speaker 3: Jam Ey Silver?
Speaker 4: He know it was gold.
Speaker 3: We'll just keep going till you get to we get a gold man. You can keep doing the voice.
Speaker 4: Who's after? See Lover Chris Rock.
Speaker 6: The Cleverest one of the day, Blink one one I needed one, Blinks.
Speaker 4: A great character, you made me break character.
Speaker 3: Now the blink Shoe one.
Speaker 4: It's a horrible way to You've had a good week. Thank you. But this is a just collapse. Where's Jack talking to him? He's back Monday, Jackie Boy's back, and he's back talking about his beautiful young son who was born seven days ago. Gordon, if you didn't know, Gordon is the name they went for on the end, which none of us could have guessed. But a brilliant name. Gordon is a drunk, lovely name. Gordon Post. So here's Jack with some words about how they're all doing at the moment, because every day we get emails and caols thank you for caring about him. He's doing really well and here he is. Get a team.
Speaker 11: It's jack We're all back home now, Bianca and Gordon doing well and me doing well too.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 11: The days is like it feels super busy, but at the same time nothing happens. Like all he does is wake up to feed, cry for a bit and your time and put him down and then again, excuse me, I'm trying to leave a message for Christian, thank you, And that's it. And then you repeat at weird hours of the day and weird hours of the non money back, and it all sort of merges into each other. But then you look at the clock. In twelve hours has past. So I am looking forward to getting back in there on Monday. So just second, hello, little boy, good boy, good boy, say by Gordon a good boy.
Speaker 4: All right, we are back Monday morning. When you wake up, Jackie boy, be with us.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Christian o'crl Show podcast.