Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the pickup Follow Australia.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hi guy.
Speaker 2: Into our chemistry house today. Great savings every day. I just thought I saw a Hickey on Britney Hockey's next like a.
Speaker 3: Boyfriend lives in Scotland FaceTime.
Speaker 2: Can you wonders these days? You have that phone on your neck for a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's a heat that's doesn't anything on my neck.
Speaker 4: Mixt you're trying to make something. There's nothing on my neck.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Britney Hickley, Brittany Hickley.
Speaker 3: Stop it. There's not a single thing there I could have.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Hockey Hickley, My my sister Sherry is staying with me at the moment. She's on she's in transition. She's moving overseas for the next two years with her husband Jay. So they've crashed in mind for a while because at homeless. But this morning I witnessed something that I just thought was absolutely hilarious, something you've probably done, Mitch. We were unpacking the groceries. We have grocery shopping. You know, you can get different nuts and chocolates and stuff in the little plastic bags and you put the barcat on the scoot mix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the help yourself so.
Speaker 4: You can have this huge bag or small bag. Anyway, Sherry was unpacking the groceries and she went healthy leather into the scoop bag to pull out what she thought was a coconut rough chocolate. Oh yeah, nice, Well it was, in fact, which she learnt very quickly, I had gotten Delilah some pure liver treats raw liver tree because the dog trees also have a help yourself scoof pix. So she put this whole giant liver tree in her mouth, projective on to straight into the ground because it smells like pure awful.
Speaker 5: But guess how silky smooth her hair is going to be beautiful, very She's very shiny.
Speaker 2: I'm more offend of the brit said Mitch. This is something that you.
Speaker 3: Might which is also confused. You don't strike me as a dog food eat No, no, not to.
Speaker 2: The fancy feace cat section.
Speaker 3: No, you've eaten dog food.
Speaker 4: You've told me.
Speaker 2: Let's start the show. Listen, the dating game in this country has gotten so bad. Imagine having to fly over to the US to meet a pen pow that you've been talking to who is serving time in a federal prison.
Speaker 3: Oh look, long distance is bad enough, but that is just grim.
Speaker 2: It's on the way here at the pickup around the country. If you want to go to the King's Coronation in the UK as well your tickets to fly to London in the next fifteen minutes. It's the pickup with Britt, Laura and Midge Thursday RVO. If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift chemist warehouse, have you covered with big brand fragrances at the host prices chemist Warehouse They've got great savings. Every day.
Speaker 5: Ask Now, Ask Guncart is a segment that we do every week on Life on Can't. It's where you guys ride in with your deep you're dark and you're burning questions. But we actually have someone on the line today who has called in with a real dilemma.
Speaker 2: Hi, you're needing our help. What are you hi?
Speaker 1: Guys, Yes, hi, Hi, I think bring me on. I definitely need some advice and your help. So my boyfriend and I are just sort of going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment. Basically, when I started seeing him, I was a bit of a gym rat going every day really into my body because I haven't had the best self esteem, and he's just been I haven't been going as much lately because I've just been doing uniful time. I put on a little bit of weight, and he's actually been quite critical of my body and the fact that I'm not going to the gym like as much as I used to. So I'm in a real like weird.
Speaker 3: Place that how long have you guys been together for We've been.
Speaker 1: Together for like two years? Just about what's this.
Speaker 4: When you say he's being critical? What are we talking here? Do you have an example?
Speaker 1: He so basically saying, oh, like what, why why aren't you going in the gym as much? And is Yeah, so he's asking me and if am I getting too comfortable like in the relationship. So I'm like, oh, like no, I'm just quite stressed out trying to just basically live a busy life. So he's just sort of made little sly comments about that, and then also like, oh, you don't look you know, it's not what I signed up for.
Speaker 5: Basically, get at has he made any comments about your physical appearance more so than just like, oh, you know, you're not being as active recently? But has he made any comments that like directly a criticizing the way you look, you know, the fact that you put on weight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I've got like my favorite like pair of jeans, but I you know those genes that just make you look so hot. Yeah, I've worn I've worn them basically since the day I've met him because I'm like one of my staples and I'm basically struggling to get into them and you know, I'm just sort of hanging out of them a bit. And he made a comment about that, like, oh, you don't look like they don't look that good. Should you get maybe new genes? And I'm like, oh, like, what's that true?
Speaker 2: He needs to go? She has?
Speaker 4: He has?
Speaker 2: He has he made any other comments like directly towards your way?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has. He's basically said, I'm not as attractive to you as much as we started dating, and he's like, it's kind of obviously put on a few kilos and.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's been brutal to say the least.
Speaker 4: Well, firstly, I mean, I hope you don't take that to heart, because that is really shit on his behalf. And like we all know we don't base our worth on if we fit into our favorite pair of jeans anymore.
Speaker 5: But also everyone fluctuates, what is he gonna think You're gonna stay the same size for the rest of your relationship.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the thing. I obviously didn't know what I was signing up for, and him being so critical.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not signing up for anything. It's a relationship, but you're like not getting a car Loan. I'm assuming he's the picture of health and he's got a six pack and he's fully obviously Jason. Yeah, of course, I'm sure he's it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, he likes to work out and be active, but he doesn't have.
Speaker 6: A sick like he's not.
Speaker 1: He's not the fittest guy in the world. So I think that's where I struggle with it.
Speaker 4: It has a changed physically, in the chemistry and stuff like that, Like do you think he's back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, but that's disgusting.
Speaker 2: No matter what's happened. You need to leave him. I don't. I don't know. You need to get out of that relationship. She needs to be with someone that can respect her, regardless of her size, big or small.
Speaker 5: Do you know what Shelley, how okay where you are in terms of this conversation with him? Because I would love to I mean, I would love to speak to him. I would love to kind of understand whether this is something that he thinks is a deal breaker in your relationship. But also I kind of want to tell him what we think about this and how outrageous it is for him to have control over the way you look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's kind of scary because i'd But.
Speaker 4: Are you happy for the Pickup'll be very.
Speaker 2: Why don't we talk to you off air. Let's get his number and then we can.
Speaker 4: Call him after the break.
Speaker 2: If your comfortable, Shelley, let's come back and let's give him a piece of piece of our mind.
Speaker 1: I think we've got to do it.
Speaker 3: What's his name?
Speaker 1: His name is Jack.
Speaker 3: Your name's Jack, and you've got a girl friendnamed Shelley.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll return with that next Here the pick up. It's the pick up Thursday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitch headed to chemist whare House today. Great savings every day. If you're just tuning in, we didn't ask guncut moments ago on the show where we let our listeners write into us a question, an issue they're facing in their life, and we give them advice on the air. Sometimes it hits, sometimes it misses.
Speaker 5: Now we have Shelley on the line as she called up because her boyfriend has been very critical about her weight since she's stopped going to the gym. You know, life gets in the ways sometimes and you can't be as active as what you used to be. And it seems as though he's been giving her a bit of an ultimatum in terms of her weight.
Speaker 2: Well, he told her he's not as attracted to her anymore now that she's bigger.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, So we did what any normal person would do when we decided to call him.
Speaker 2: Shelley's here. Hey, Shelley, Hey, guys, just want to make sure you're okay if we patch Jack through and we asked, what's going on? Where is the heads at?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay. I'm a little man, but I think no, it's.
Speaker 4: Good, all right, all right, hold on line Jackie there. Yeah, Jack, Hi, we are from the pick up. We have been speaking to your partner, your lovely partner, Shelley, live on the air, but you are live on air.
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Well, you tell us because Shelley has just said that you have a bit of a problem with her gaining a bit of weight lately because she hasn't been going to the gym too much. So we just thought that we wanted to get your take on what was happening.
Speaker 6: Look, you know, like when you sort of, hey, Shelley, look, when you sign up, come on, hold on a minute, when you sign up for a relationship, you sort of you think you know what you're getting and then things sort of just change over time, which is like fine, but maybe just it'd be nice if a little more effort be put in, Like jam Jack.
Speaker 5: Can I just understand Is it the fact that Shelley's not going to the gym as much because it's from an exercise perspective and like getting out being active, or is it purely because she's put on weight.
Speaker 6: Well, it's just like sorry, baby, you sit at home and you're like, oh, it looks so fat today, and it's like, well, do something about it, like I do, like you know, and I just like, can we go easy, guys? I just encouraging that maybe she just get off her ass and like exercise.
Speaker 2: Okay, go easy.
Speaker 4: I need to get back to the start, why do you love Shelley? Do you love her because of just her body when you met her, or do you love her for who she is as a person and what's on the inside.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying is like this doesn't excuse that, like my feelings for her like I do. I can't even believe we're sort of talking about this like this, Shelley like a bit extra, don't you think? But of course I still love you. But just like if you want to make a change, make a change, otherwise things will change.
Speaker 5: As I'm saying, well, Jack, that's the reason why we wanted to call was because of the thing that you said. When you say, look, I'm not as attracted to you anymore, it does make it an ultimatum. So if Shelley wasn't to lose weight, if she was to stay at the weight that she is now, or god forbid, gain more weight, how would that affect your feelings for her?
Speaker 6: Well, what would you do if your partner just got fat.
Speaker 3: I'm happily married. He can get as fat as he wants. He's wonderful.
Speaker 5: And because I think when you sign up a relationship, you sign up for it knowing that you love that person, and also that they may not stay the same weight for forever.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking the only person that's leaving here, Jacket Shelley.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Jack, you're a pig of a man. How can you wake up every day and talk to your partner in this way and on live radio and not her nor feeling and know it's hurting her feelings. You have no right to tell her how her body should look in any way, shape or form, and you should be attracted.
Speaker 6: I didn't didn't make the phone called to the radio station, dude.
Speaker 4: But that's how upset she is.
Speaker 6: Jack, I've been catfish Sosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you know what she You catfished her with your personality. Personality catfish Shelly.
Speaker 3: How does that make you feel?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Pretty devastated to be honest, because he knows from the start, even when I was going to the gym, I had the worst self esteem and I struggle with it daily. So it's like it's yes, stab in the chest for sure. I just don't know if I can. I don't know if I can do it. I just I feel really disconflicted.
Speaker 5: Will when you hear Jack speak like this and also know that so much of like his want to be in the relationship is also based on the way you look.
Speaker 3: What do you think is the outcome for you? What do you want?
Speaker 1: I mean deep down, I just I know it's not going to work, and I know I deserve better, But it's so hard when you've been with someone that there's been so many good times and you love him so much, and it's like, I don't know, I just know.
Speaker 2: I think we need to let this doesn't have to happen on airshow. You need to talk to Jack off air, But I think you need to be with someone who isn't as disgusting and low life as Jackie. Jack will find an equally as disgusting gott a swamp out there that it's perfect for him, And there is absolutely someone out there.
Speaker 5: You need to find someone who loves you, regardless of who loves you and a few extra kilos you put on, who cares.
Speaker 2: Totally piss off. I've turned him off. I couldn't listen to that voice any Yeah, what a graph.
Speaker 4: He was about to go on a tangent too, I could hear it.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: I think that's what you signed up for.
Speaker 3: Don't be in a relationship with someone who makes you feel worthless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll patch you out through the producer Toney. If you need anything or if you need some help or support, we got you, Okayshelle, thank you? All right everyone. If you want to get advice like that or a Jerry Springer moment.
Speaker 5: Into such a do you not want to be doing that on the rate, let me just say that's the first time and ask on cuts have ever gone that road?
Speaker 2: Yeah, DMS the pickup and we'll get you on the air, all right. Next Biking I Love. This is the next on the show. A couple that could potentially be the first couple to ever meet via prison pen power.
Speaker 3: No, it's not the first.
Speaker 4: Really common mech people are in relationships all over the world with prisoners.
Speaker 2: There's an Australian girl who found the dating scene in this country so hard. She's going to meet her new partner in prison in the US and we will talk to her next prison.
Speaker 3: That grim Prinda.
Speaker 2: It's the pick up around the country, Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here I head into campus warehouse today. Great Savings every Day Girls. An Aussie woman, Savannah Pheifer, has fallen in love with her American prisoner pen Pow. So she's a fly and flyout worker over in Perth. She's really busy, can't really lock someone down and fire love. So what she's done is she's just gone and flout out to Nevada in the United States. Let's cross over to Nevada now because we actually have Savannah joining us. Hi Savannah, you're not in the prison right now while you're at home.
Speaker 3: Hi Savannah, I'm.
Speaker 7: Not at the prison.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: Hi Samana. I love that Mitch just said.
Speaker 4: You've flown over there to speak to someone you've had correspondence with. But it's your boyfriend, isn't it Alex who is in prison in Nevada? Is your boyfriend?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: And so how did you get, Like I have a billion questions, Let's start from the start. How did you get to the point where you were at penpal with someone in prison?
Speaker 7: Going back through about two and a half years ago, I saw a TikTok of a girl who was doing something actually for like a university course. She was writing a penpal and he was really good at art, so she turned his art into stickers, sold it on Etsy. Was making him money like a release fund, basically help him when he gets out. So I kind of wanted to do the same thing. I wrote to somebody through Write a Prisoner, which is a website, not Alex, somebody else. They wrote me one letter. I wrote them back and I never actually heard from them again.
Speaker 3: A prisoner pretty much.
Speaker 7: But turned out to the best thing really, because he is actually friends with Alex and said, well, he started speaking to somebody else and he found a connection, so he passed my details on to Alex. And at first I was really mad. I was like, how like you just what? I obviously received his letter. He didn't attach a picture to it, but it has got what's called their badge number, so I can look up their badge number within the divided justice system, and it shows you their like mug shop. It shows you all the crimes that they've ever done. It gives you their height, their weight, their hair color. So I knew everything about him.
Speaker 4: So, Savannah, what did Alex do? Why is Alex in prison?
Speaker 7: So he got done for robbery, assault on battery with a deadly weapon causing so their bodily heart okay, and so.
Speaker 3: Was there any part of you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that a bit like ooh, I don't want to date someone like that, or well, how did you think I'm gonna love it.
Speaker 7: Well, not really, because all parties involved weren't innocent. Like, it wasn't against women and children, It wasn't some little innocent person in a shop or in a corner store that was like held up with a guy. It wasn't anything like that per se. So everyone involved there were no innocent parties involved in Obviously, the circumstances surrounding the situation had a lot to do with his upbringing and the situations he sort of was put in.
Speaker 3: What was the first contact line tell us everything?
Speaker 7: So because his prison is actually what they consider a camp, so it's minimum, so he managed to work his level from a maximum to a minimum to the point now where he's like the lowest pretty much of custody. So they're a lot more lenient with certain things. So I was the only person in visitation. You meet the correction officers, they walk you into the room. Alex was already waiting there with like all the snacks and games and everything set up, and then they just walked out. Oh yeah, he sucks that connect four. I'm totally winner.
Speaker 3: Oh how long is he in for?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: How long are you going to have to do this?
Speaker 7: Long?
Speaker 5: Distance before you're able to actually be in a relationship on the outside world.
Speaker 7: He expires in January twenty twenty six, so he can actually parole in July twenty twenty five. But due to good behavior, he's been able to get a lot of time reduced off of a sentence, So for every month that he's in camp, his sentence actually gets reduced by ten days every month that he's in Do you.
Speaker 4: Get to like kiss, be physical.
Speaker 7: In certain prisons? Yes, but now there's no glass. It's literally just him and I in the whole room. So yeah, whole hands, the whole time.
Speaker 2: Kiss and yeah whatever. I'm a conjugal I'm not I'm not being critical. I genuinely want to know. Was the dating pool just so bad in Perth that you had to resort to a prison pen power?
Speaker 7: I woulded sarily say, is that bad? Because I can't really put my experiences on everybody else, but the lack of effort and the lack of emotional connection things like, for example, I work first, I work in the poolbra Desert. Alex got a bunny rabbit made like a Teddy beit in my favorite color, and he shipped it to my job in the poolbra Desert, so when I got there, I had something to remind me of him and the present just for me to be there from prison in a different country, whereas men in Perth can't even take.
Speaker 3: Good morning. That's very sweet, that's very sweet.
Speaker 4: But also he's got to put in a bit more effort because he is in lockdown.
Speaker 3: Like this is true, and he has plenty of time on his hands.
Speaker 5: Okay, my worry is and do you not have the same one that he may commit a crime again.
Speaker 7: I mean, it would be be naive of me to sit here and say that he's going to come out and be an angel, it's going to all be perfect, because at the end of the day, mistakes happen every day. People end up in jail for you know, crashing their car or doing something wrong. So it'd be a naive of me to sit here and be like, yeah, he's perfect, He's going to come out and be a model citizen. Do I hope for that, of course, because I'd love to him for him to come out and have a normal life. But in saying that, you never really know you're good.
Speaker 2: Human works out. Yeah, all I know is that we have an MC for Savannah if she ends up marrying Alex and that is in the form of Brittany Hockley, because she is giving us out her little take at a wedding introduction. Next on the show. She's been asked to mc her brother's wedding. We've put it. We've challenged her to write a little wedding intro for the wedding of Laura and myself.
Speaker 3: You're great at talking. Let's see how you go married.
Speaker 4: You know how hard it is to write wedding vows for you too, to marry each other.
Speaker 3: Why we live? I have a beautiful couple of mes.
Speaker 4: What something together is coming off?
Speaker 3: After the breakin?
Speaker 2: All right, it's next to the pickup. It's the pick up Thursday afternoon, britt Laura and Mitch. Here. If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift, chemist Warehouse have you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist Warehouse have great savings every day. You may have heard earlier in the week Laura and I are getting married.
Speaker 5: We are love each other and finally we're going to make it official. Don't tell Matthew Johnson.
Speaker 2: No, oh, my partner.
Speaker 4: Hay very confused by the Okay, this is what went down. So I want to be happy and I want to do it a part of me, but I just feel like there's immense amount of pressure.
Speaker 2: Britt doesn't know if she wants to MC her brother's wedding.
Speaker 4: It's just a lot of pressure. Of course, I love my family and you know, I'm very honored that they've asked me, but it's it's so much pressure.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they can do it.
Speaker 2: Well, have you come to the table with the intro to the MC, because that was the challenge right at EMC introduction for the wedding of Laura and myself And.
Speaker 5: Maybe once your brother hears this, he'll decide whether or not he actually wants you to be the MC or not. He might call us and say, sorry, you got at radio, but it's not strong.
Speaker 2: Let's role play. So babe, the wedding is about to start.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I love you so much. I hope Britney says wonderful things about it.
Speaker 2: Shall we consummate ever, have some quiet?
Speaker 4: It is time to start doing. Most of us have gathered here today for the same reason, and that is the buffet. But for those psychopaths that don't love and all you can eat and are here to actually celebrate the wedding of Mitch and Laura.
Speaker 3: I I welcome you.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you are all as confused as I am, but this by this union.
Speaker 3: But hey, if.
Speaker 4: There's one thing I've learned from these two wonderfully chaotic humans here, it's well, actually, come to think of it, I haven't learned a lot, but let's just roll with it.
Speaker 3: I'm not feeling the love yet.
Speaker 4: These two have so many similarities that make this union today absolutely perfect.
Speaker 3: We both like men.
Speaker 4: One of those shared similarities is their stubbornness and determination that they really do go above and beyond to ensure success in all aspects of their life. Nothing stands in their way, no matter how big, small, or gay. They had a deep understanding of each other's needs and desires, and they work together to make each other's dreams a reality. Their love is a shining example of what true love can be in.
Speaker 3: A fantasy world.
Speaker 4: Okay, and the only greater thing than their commitment to each other is their commitment to content creation. It truly is an inspiration to everyone. And I am so honored to stand here today and wish you both a lifetime of happiness and no sex.
Speaker 3: Hi to be the MC at our imaginary wedding.
Speaker 2: I will just say, as someone who MC's wedding for a living, I get paid to do it. You had lightness, you had love, you had humor. Towards the end that was actually really for.
Speaker 3: A moment there, I was like, wouldn't this be a beautiful wedding speech?
Speaker 4: The last sentimental part was AI, but the rest of it was me.
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 4: Challenge to write the sentimental part because I just don't love you guys enough, but I could do the piss take good?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, what I've gone on Dunny's I don't know. Brit doesn't know this, but we've got Danes, Britt's brother on the line. Hi, Dane, thanks for joining us on the pickup mate.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 3: Dane?
Speaker 5: Dane, I feel like you've actually made a pretty good choice here. I firstly was going to say, I don't know if Britt's MC will be up to the up to the match, but I'll tell you that was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Dane. Did you just hear that? I didn't know you're on the line.
Speaker 8: That was a right?
Speaker 3: Okay? Sorry? Do you have a higher expectation of me. Do you still want Britt to be the MC?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well I was. I could have gone the way, really, but I figured she's public speakers I am, and I can't really am my own weddings. She might as well have a crack at it takes the pressure off me. And I'm giving you enough carry over the years that it's probably Tom you gave me time back in return.
Speaker 5: But absolutely right, Dane, can you tell us why did you choose Apart from the fact that we all know Britt can speak underwater because it's literally her job, why did you choose Britt to be your MC?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well, Sharon's death and she can't really do.
Speaker 3: It just because she's deaf. She can still speak and speak.
Speaker 8: The old man had just talk about freaking Dan Joe.
Speaker 6: Patterson, that's true.
Speaker 3: He recited a poem.
Speaker 2: So we need to get to the point. So, Brittany, you need to decide now whether or not you want to accept Dane's offer, which kind of was taken back, but also now it's back on.
Speaker 3: The sound like you're the best of a bad situation.
Speaker 4: Really, Dane, you have put me through thirty six years of absolute hell. We we thought we kicked, we screamed, but I would be honored to be a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, happy ending Dane.
Speaker 3: We love Congratulations day. It's all the big wedding.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 8: You're invited if you want to come.
Speaker 3: So love a free buffet.
Speaker 2: Well done.
Speaker 3: I think that's it from us as well.
Speaker 2: We need to get out of here. That's been a show and half, hasn't it. We will see it tomorrow for the last show of the week. We're back from three o'clock. Everyone will and Woody are up next to drive your home, so you go, so uh