Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts playlist and listen live on the free iHeart.
Speaker 3: App Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Every single day on this show we make the show with you guys, your text messages on the time wasters, and your stories and I already hope you the next twenty minutes we get some great stories because in this country there's a lot of wild, crazy animals, some that you only find here and some that sadly, people from my home country have.
Speaker 1: Chucked here over the years.
Speaker 2: I apologize, okay, but I'm looking for stories of when an animal took a dislike to you. This happened, And the reason why I'm doing this is actually had this wild story yesterday on the show about a a cat that took a real dislike to Pats and her husband Chris.
Speaker 4: Yes damping. So it was my it's my brother's care and we stayed at their house on Saturday night. Took great exception to a staying in the spare room. Not only did it get the runs halfway through the night, but it also vomited on my husband's pillar.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, it really really was having a prose treatment.
Speaker 1: Pussy perch, you and chrease, don't stay.
Speaker 4: Again, do not come past, go do not collect two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: That is rough, So and pats. Listen. New listeners will never have heard.
Speaker 2: The goat of actual goat stories. Norio, Come on, no, come on, gather around everybody, it is worth let's make some smase. This is the goat of goat stories.
Speaker 4: When I was eight years of age, I went out to a farm that belonged to a friend.
Speaker 5: Of my dad's.
Speaker 4: Happened to be his account. Anyway, we were collecting mushrooms in the paddock. I was eight years old. I was with his wife, and I was absolutely taken back by a massive goat with horns who just picked me up out of my gum boots. Didn't hear it coming from behind. All I heard was and then all of a sudden, I was lifted up off the ground. My gum boots literally flew off my feet, and its horns actually left a little pierce mark in my buttis the scar of which is still visible today. And that is my farm goat story. It was terrifying, utterly terrifying.
Speaker 2: To show us a Part two to this when you got air airborne because the last time, the first time we heard this, I think Raya. Wasn't it that she was propelled in the air by eight to ten feet.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of distance on it.
Speaker 4: There was distance.
Speaker 5: It was weird, glass was wet.
Speaker 6: Boots stayed in the ground. You know, fine, I'm another state, especially when it came.
Speaker 4: From behind and like I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Even expans a ram.
Speaker 4: No, No, it was a goat, billy gate.
Speaker 5: It was a gat, yeah, strong goat.
Speaker 3: Terrifying.
Speaker 2: All right, So Ria, you've got a story about when an animal took a dislike to you.
Speaker 5: Yes, I used to live with a racist cat.
Speaker 1: What do you mean.
Speaker 5: I was in a sharehouse. There were four of us.
Speaker 7: There was Michael and Kathy who had this Burmese cat, Leo, and there was me and there was Anthony. And Anthony was Italian. I'm half Chinese now. Leo the cat was very affectionate with all of us. Couldn't be nice, I couldn't be sweeter. For whatever reason, he hated Anthony, kissed claw him, didn't like when any of us went near him. We thought, maybe it's just a one off, Maybe he just doesn't like it then and his family came over once for dinner, and.
Speaker 5: This lovely Italian family, and anytime, I that's.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I know, I know we love Italians, but.
Speaker 7: Any other, any other people that would come over, he was so kind, so affectionate, even if it was a complete stranger, he'd come up, he'd curl up, he'd nuzzle next to your leg.
Speaker 5: But then any time, and we had one. We've got one.
Speaker 7: Other Italian friend, Vanessa, who came over and I hated.
Speaker 5: Her as well. So it was that's one to do.
Speaker 7: At least four Italians that Leo took a dislike to, and I think at that point you have to call him a racist cat.
Speaker 2: Oh we had I was sad to say this, but we had a racist dog, Niche German shepherd dog.
Speaker 1: And when I used to take her for a walk.
Speaker 2: I won't go into details, but certain, okay, it's atain type of certain type of human being that dog would go bersirk was it.
Speaker 5: Was racist of his learned behavior.
Speaker 1: Christian wife, how.
Speaker 2: How tell you all right, Alex So, I mean you were raised by by the old friends, that lonely chine over yours?
Speaker 8: Yeah, out a farm, so many animals hated me growing up, and I had then back.
Speaker 1: We had Bruce the Ram.
Speaker 9: Of course he used to take us all out, which was he was an absolute psychopath. But we also had this horse called Dottie. He was also a psychopath. Beautiful white horse with gray spots. But I say beautiful, beautiful inside, she was not. She would chuck me off exactly the same spot every single time. She throwed me off at this orange tree that was covered in this mesh kind of protection and had all the wire sticking out of it, so I'd be scratched up from that. I'd be scratched up from the orange.
Speaker 1: Tree and I ran.
Speaker 8: I'd always land into this massive bunch of bindies, so I'd be picking the bindies out. And she did it every single time. She'd sort of flicked me right at that moment, and I'm like, I'm ready for you this time, Doddy, I'm not going to come off this time, and then bang over, I'd go bang under the ground.
Speaker 1: It was just and I swear I heard a laughing one.
Speaker 2: It supposed about another episode of Alyssi's farm Town. All right, how do we unsubscribe?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: It's your stories, your stories, animals, that took a dislike to you. Lines are open out thirteen fifty five, twenty two. Welcome to the show, Patrick, Good morning, Good morning, I'm good Patrick. Thanks you car on the show. So, Patrick, what was the animal that took a dislike to you?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 10: Well, my grandma had this rooster whenever we were at the in the Blue Mountains on holidays and just absolutely hated us, to the point where I had to wear jeans when I was going in the backyard because they were constantly at for me on That's.
Speaker 5: Why you need that, Chuck Norris reinforced gusset jeans.
Speaker 1: Absolutely for the occasions.
Speaker 2: Up the shadow, hang up the old George Patrick and go full down and full leg exactly.
Speaker 11: And it came so much of a pest that it just mysteriously went missing when we came to the holidays. I don't know what happened for.
Speaker 2: That great big backyard in the sky.
Speaker 1: Patrick, thank you very much for your story.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 1: Have a good day. There's got a Karen Now, good morning, Karen. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Hi, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Karen. So what I all took a dislike to you?
Speaker 12: Well, well, you can't get much more. Ausie than a kangaroo. So I took my girls to the Corumban Sanctuary Park on the Gold Coast many years ago and into the enclosure to feed the kangaroos, and there was quite a big one there that was sort of arcing up, and so I stood between my daughter and it, and I didn't get like that very much, so decided to start to pull my hair and pull me down to the ground. My husband's stand there videoing, laughing, thinking it's quite funny. And it was some stranger lady come up and she started to try and calm it down pull me away from it, but it took all bit of time and here I am prouched down on the ground almost with this kangaroo. Well, yeah, my husband still filmed it and we still laughed to it about it this day because we've still got on video somewhere. But yeah, just to say that I don't really like going in those qui anymore, is yeah, not from.
Speaker 2: The places in Australia we could go and feed the kangaroos.
Speaker 1: Yeah for animals.
Speaker 12: Yeah they are, and it's quite big and my daughter's running quite young, like around about nine to ten, and yeah, I was very being protective mother, and you do, and thought I would stand in front of it, and yeah, just didn't didn't like that at all.
Speaker 2: So did you see videos of them like, you know, like Queensberry rules, like boxing somewhere?
Speaker 12: Yeah, thank god, I didn't do that. But I decided he was going to pull my hair and dragged me down to the ground. So luckily this life kind lady decided to jump in and give me some assistance because my husband wasn't.
Speaker 1: Going busy video in it. This is going to go and he.
Speaker 12: Still raves about it today after about twenty years.
Speaker 1: So yes, Karen, great story. Thank you very much for shouting with you.
Speaker 12: Have a great day, guys, take care.
Speaker 1: The squeeze one more in Dean, Deanne.
Speaker 3: Dianne, Hi, how are you Christian?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Is this your name again?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 1: It is? Yeah, what's that like Diane?
Speaker 12: And no, no.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's the not d I. Everyone gets that wrong. They always called me Diane, but no, it's the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I thought I said to them, all right, Dan, Okay, what animal took a dislike to you?
Speaker 3: A turkey? A terrible terrible animals.
Speaker 2: I know what we do to them at Christmas. I'd be pretty paid off, to be honest.
Speaker 3: No, theyn't asked the animals. Like, my grandma had a pet one for like four years.
Speaker 5: And I've never heard of it.
Speaker 3: I called it Terminator because my grandma called it Turkey because he would chase us every time would pull up and us kids would be in the back searching for this turkey and run for the back door.
Speaker 2: Before the internet, we didn't have mobile phones. Chased by turkey. It's a good afternoon for a.
Speaker 5: Couple of hours, that's right.
Speaker 3: And like my sister runs for the back door, and I got out the passenger side of the car, and the turkey spotted me and chased me. So I got I had to jump in the goddamn damn to get away from this turkey.
Speaker 4: It's like they can smell your fear, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hate turkeys to this day.
Speaker 1: And I'm like I was, only they can be vicious.
Speaker 3: They can, and they puff up when they're chasing you. Oh yeah, their severs go out, they go bigger. They're very very scary.
Speaker 1: What witness account that, Dean?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, And I'm glad that it got its head chopped off for you. If I was so happy that Grandma.
Speaker 2: Decided to stay once more, participating the strikes again. All right, well, listen, Dean Deane, thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I let her go before she could tell more the story.
Speaker 1: The damage was stumb mate, Where were you?
Speaker 2: You know, normally you're a little bit frisky with that trap door at the end of the cause you could have pulled that trap door, hell of it or quicker you could just chow with the moment, she said, said, I was so happy when it. Maybe dead friends with her, maybe became that turkey.
Speaker 1: Anyway, farm life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, strong lesson for the kids right now on the school run
Speaker 12: Christian O'Connell show on podcast.