Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Oh, hello, Hello, say everything. Mitch.
Speaker 3: I have a new trend that I have found that has come back in.
Speaker 2: It's doing the rounds.
Speaker 3: It's been about fifteen twenty years since it was very fashionable.
Speaker 2: Why did you aim mistress at though I'm not in fashion.
Speaker 3: Huh you'll know when it's well, no, you're not, but you'll know what I tell you because I think it's something Mitch should give it. Well, okay, the ballet flat, the shoe is making it. Yeah, is making a proper comeback. But not only the ballet flat. They have this one ballet flat that's going viral that's like, I don't know if you've seen it. It's it's black lace. The flat like it's like mesh. So it's it's almost got no soul. I feel like it's like something Kanye West would we don't have you. But it's nothing. It's just a bit of mesh. It's not a shoe. It's like you accidentally slipped at the fishing market and got a net on you and then you got stuck in deside to keep walking.
Speaker 2: That's what's making this comeback.
Speaker 1: I can't get them.
Speaker 4: Think it's going to be good for me. The amount of tinia I got on my feet. They might air them out and actually.
Speaker 2: Fixed me out, doesn't I mean, I haven't seen these mesh ones, but I mean I remember being at Uni and wearing ballet flats every day, and they stink and they're small, and there's no adult that should be walking around in a pair of ballet flats.
Speaker 4: Ballet flats Awakening, I'll put my sister's block ballet flats on a prance around the house.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's how I know.
Speaker 2: I've had a picture for you. Do you know what else is back in fashion? Wearing dresses over pants off the back of Barbie. It was a real nineties thing, and I've seen it back again. And all of these things when they come round for Rown two makes me just feel so old.
Speaker 4: PSA to the nation where the higher fashion. The three of us put down the ballet flats.
Speaker 2: I haven't type.
Speaker 4: Don't just step away joining us on the show today, Ossie. Superstar Conrad Soul is gonna be here.
Speaker 1: What a man.
Speaker 3: I love Conrad so much and he does so many good things in the world, doesn't he.
Speaker 4: He's got such an amazing story. Yeah, we'll chat to me about it. Next, Conrad stil joins us. Plus we've got a thousand bucks up for grabs on the pickup ladies. Our next guest is a genuine Ozzie superstar, one of our biggest exports, with over one billion streams across all his music. He's got Arias coming out of the wazoo. He's got number one aria albums. We had him on the show in March for Precious, his latest album. But he's he now to talk to us about a very good cause. He's teamed up with Conrad Saul is here. Hi Conrad, Hey.
Speaker 2: Guys, are welcome back.
Speaker 3: We are good now. Hey tell us what are you doing? This musician's making a difference? Mma D what's this all about?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: I found out about these guys, the Mad Boys I call them, years ago, probably about like six years ago. I started doing some stuff with them and they were hanging around the Sony offices and they had a bunch of kids with them, and I went in to one of the studios and they were sort of doing this thing and they told me a bit about the charity, and it was pretty much as they work with the youth, like you know, kids that are going through you know, you name it, from depression to addiction to just you know, just generally you know what it's like growing up. It's it's some of the hardest times. You know, some people go through it way worse than others. And these the mad Boys pretty much come into their lives sort of give them a community of people and try and help them, you know, a lot of that. A lot of the time it's through music and like giving them you know, if they're interested in music, you know, putting them in studios or introducing them to two artists and sort of making them feel like they can well they can do anything, you know what I mean, and putting a bit of hope back into their lives.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 6: So, you know, I just from from time to time wherever I can, I help out, and you know, whether that's you know, mentoring or going in and seeing the kids and telling them my story. I mean, I've definitely, you know, struggled with addiction and things like that in the past myself, and generally have a lack of self love and are wanting it, wanting to please everyone and people. So I feel like I can relate to, yeah, a lot of what they're going through. So yeah, so I think, you know, they have this day and just you know, creating awareness around what they're doing, and they're just a great bunch of lads that run the charity.
Speaker 2: So Conrad One, musicians are getting involved in this. I mean, I know that you're there sharing your story and you're being a support, but are the other musicians who are also involved.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't on the top of my head, I don't know exactly who is. I know it's sort of sort of Sony got behind the Mad the Mad guys a long time ago and you know, offered their studios and so I think I think through that they've just met a lot of artists that are signed to Sony And I don't know who's put their hand up for me. It just personally resonated with me because I don't know, I just feel like when you're that when you're young, especially in like those young teen years, like you know, you'd even like eighteen nineteen twenty, there's not really like people that you're looking up to or people that mentors, you know what I mean, Like that can sort of shine light in a different direction other than just going to the club and partying with your friends that are pretty much clueless as well, you know what I mean. So I just feel like, you know, we need people. We need more people sort of stepping up and teaching, you know, teaching men how to be men and vice versa with women.
Speaker 2: But also, comrade, there must be something that's really inspiring from seeing you come in and speak about your story. I mean, you said that addiction is something that you struggled with. For so many of these kids who may be on a similar track or maybe dealing with it themselves, to see someone who's made it on the other side of that and is successful and has got their life together, you know what that actually means for them? How is it for you sharing your story with them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I really I get a lot out of it, you know. I mean I feel like, I mean, don't get wrong, I mean, I'm a work in progress myself, and I think that I think it's more about people. I think it's more for for kids hearing that, like you could you can come from anywhere, or you know, you could you could be in a really dark spot and it can get better or you you know, some of these kids, a lot of them like love, rapping and stuff like that. But they they probably look at it like I'll never be able to do that, you know what I mean like, and they just feel like it's not possible. And then they hear they come in and they hear a story about for me example, like a kid from Brisbane who ended up getting signed to Leo Cohen who sign Kanye West Roman and it gives these kids like what that can happen? That can happen to a kid from Australia. And then all of a sudden, someone who's like you know, dabbling in drugs or you know, doing things in the streets thinks that he can then you know, put something into something more positive and starts putting it, putting that energy into music. So I think, yeah, like I said, just inspiring people and you know, I think we just need more of that, like some you know, people telling telling stories about people making it out you know, out of Australia and things.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Good what I love comrade though you're doing this. So M M A D day O twenty. If you dedicate a song, all you have to do is tag MMA D Australia actually MMA D Australia and.
Speaker 1: Hashtag this song is for you.
Speaker 4: You can dedicate any song MMAD guys, you can get some more info. Want to have a Google or On October twenty tag MMAD hashtag this song is for you. Dedicate a song. Comrade Buddy, great to chat to you, a great cause. Thanks for hanging out to gate.
Speaker 2: Thanks legend, Comrade soul.
Speaker 1: Everyone.
Speaker 4: Hey, Lifeline is there and always available as well. On thirteen eleven fourteen, if you or anyone you know is struggling, all right, stand by everyone back after this here at the pickup.
Speaker 3: So we had the Big Life on Cut Podcast live show. We're in the middle of our tour right around the country, but last weekend it was in Sydney at the State Theater, Beautiful theater. Now, Laura and I, it's our show, Mitch, you or the MC. You're very heavily involved, very funny, just had to live doing a great But something came up at the show that sparked a pretty fierce debate amongst the audience and the results because we've got the audience involved about what they thought and the results were not what I thought.
Speaker 6: So I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Have another little discussion and really like work it out.
Speaker 1: The question was.
Speaker 3: Can a man or a husband go and get a vasectomy without consulting his partner or wife. Now, I don't think this matters so much if you have kids or you don't, because I think the discussion around is going to be pretty similar. But we're all for body autonomy, right, you can do whatever you want your body. But does that still stand when it's talking about procreating which affects two people is a.
Speaker 2: Permanent of you can reverse it, but like it's not advised to go and get it done if you intend on reversing temporary Okay, I think I disagree. I think it is important the context. So the part of this question was that the couple already had two kids, and the woman wanted a third child and he didn't, and he had made that aware, and he hadn't gone and got the vasectomy yet, but he had booked in for the appointment without telling her. She discover it, she yeah, so he was going to go ahead and get it done. I think the reason why I related to this so much is because Matt and I are currently I mean, he hasn't booked himself in for a sectomy.
Speaker 1: You're like, I.
Speaker 2: Canceled the appointment, but we're in those discussions, like we're in the discussions around do we have a third child?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you've got two, Laura.
Speaker 2: We've got two. I've had a four year old, I've got a two year old. We always said that if we were going to have three, we'd have them very back to back. But our two year old is almost a three year old, like she's she's well out of the nappy phase now, she's out of the baby phase. And Matt always really wanted three kids, like he was hell bent on it, and at the time I wasn't so sure. Now he's changed his mind. Matt doesn't want any more kids, and I think I am, like, my feelings have changed so much in the past six months and I want a third Do you.
Speaker 3: Think your feelings have changed because he's have changed, Like you know when someone pulls something away from you, like, hang on a minute, maybe I want that.
Speaker 2: No, my feelings have changed because so for the for the very reason that Matt doesn't want to go back to having babies is the exact reason why my feelings have changed. Because I'm out of the trenches now with having babies that I've had, I've come up for air and I feel better about myself. I feel better about my body, so you want to throw I feel like I'm okay with my work again. I can see myself managing it again with a third Whereas when I was in the trenches, I couldn't possibly add another baby onto those trenches, like it was too hard. And now it's really hard for us because I know he doesn't want to have a third child, and so we're having those big conversations about the fact that we're not on the same page with it anymore.
Speaker 3: So then, how would you feel if, knowing this now, you found out he had booked him for ever second without telling you.
Speaker 2: I think I would feel very betrayed, Not because I mean, I understand that you know my husband's body, it's his body, he has his own autonomy, but I would hope that there's still a discussion around it. But in the same instance, I respect the fact that one of the big things he said is is that he feels that if we were to have another child, it would impact our relationship, Like there comes a point where when you're so busy with work and you're so busy with your other children that you can't prioritize your relationship as much and our relationship for the past couple of years, especially when you have young children, has come second to having young children often, and I think he's at the point where he's like, well, can we not get back to a place where our relationship is number one priority? So why do you want to add more stress when we're just coming to a place of being great again. It's a hard discussion, isn't it? And I know it's I mean, I understand it's a privileged discussion because there's so many people who struggle to have any children. And we've had our own issues in terms of miscarriages, and we've had our hard times with fertility as well. But for some reason, I'm now dealing with the acceptance that maybe our family unit having three kids is not going to happen, and we will just have the two beautiful kids that we have.
Speaker 1: Interesting lots of chats you have to have to.
Speaker 3: Unpack still, but you're not on the same page. There's the phone because they're still practicing. They're still undecided.
Speaker 2: Egg su essential family crisis is going on at the moment.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 4: Next on the show, we got a thousand dollars up for grabs. Children of Australia listener, No, no, This week on the pickup, we are going Oprah. You get an LCM, you get an LCM, We'll give you a thousand dollars worth of lcms. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is probably the one time in life that it actually pays for your children to be embarrassing totally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we want your embarrassing kids stories up next here at the pickup all week every show.
Speaker 1: We know you're in the car.
Speaker 4: We know you've got empty lunch boxes and the boot and those backpacks, your kids and their big old backpacks full of empty lunch box.
Speaker 3: It's also if it's not in the back, it's like even in the back of the seat and you put the rubbish all over the ground and like you know how you under the seat of a mum's car.
Speaker 2: Is like twenty five rappers of music bars.
Speaker 3: And when you say that car a lot, Laura, there's a lot of in there.
Speaker 4: I have been in Laura's car and I swear to God I sat on an lcmbar and ate it.
Speaker 2: I mean fine, it would have still been perfectly edible, preserved in a show.
Speaker 3: It wasn't even the pack yet, it was out at the back roler had half not.
Speaker 4: On the side of it, well, every day on the pickup. This week, we're giving out one thousand dollars to fill your kids lunchboxes with as many lcms as they like.
Speaker 1: Like you get an LCM, you're getting.
Speaker 2: Lzum're going, that's a lot of lcms to give to your kids.
Speaker 4: It is light up their day with lcm's available in near a supermarket thirteen one o six five.
Speaker 1: We just want to know, what did your kids say that embarrassed you?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: Kids say terrible things all the time. Every single day. I feel like every single parent in the car, wherever you are, your child has done something or said something that was humiliating. Because that's just part and parcel parenting totally.
Speaker 1: Melissa in thirteen one o six five, What did your kids say? How'd they embarrass you?
Speaker 7: Yes, So it was my grandpa's birthday and she succeeded to ask how old he was and I told him it was ninety and she said, wow, he's almost one hundred and I'm like, yeah, I know, and she says that's old. How come he's not dead yet? And now I'm there to tell that to him at the restaurant to his face.
Speaker 2: That you should be dead.
Speaker 7: Yes, and then he asked what happened? Whill you die? And I said, no, he go to heaven and you know, it's really hot up in the planes. It's just a really magical place, nothing to be scared of. And she goes, it's they're unicorns and faeries and I told her, yeah, you know there is, and then she said, I really want to go, but I don't want to die and started like crying.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have.
Speaker 3: Told her there were the unicorns there.
Speaker 2: That's when you made it too good. You sold it.
Speaker 7: No, no, not just that. Then a couple of weeks later, one of her friends at school, she just started school as well, and one of her friend's grandpa died and she said, Mum, something happened to Rosa's grandpa. And I said, what happened, said the mom? She passed away, And I'm like okay. She's like yeah, but you know, me and Rosa were talking about heaven and then she said there's only fairies there, and I said, no, there's not, there's unicorns and faeries. My mom's older, she knows more than.
Speaker 2: You, Like you're an ages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you proper. Melissa Jody on thirteen, one sixty five. What did your kids say?
Speaker 7: She said to her child care worker. She was sick one day and he said, you have to go to the doctors because nan started in the car.
Speaker 2: That would probably make her sick. Maybe that's why she thought she was sick. She's like, someone farted around me. I've got to go.
Speaker 4: There's something different about a nan fart, like a like a sibling fart is okay because it's like kind of the same as you.
Speaker 3: Especially for like a nan fart post like Curry totally drink.
Speaker 1: Tea and they have arrowroot biscuits.
Speaker 2: It's like the stay Yeah, a bit savory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bit gross.
Speaker 2: How many nana farts have you guys been swapping?
Speaker 1: I've been to your house.
Speaker 2: That's sorry, very descriptive from the tour.
Speaker 1: I've been in a car with you.
Speaker 2: I'm going to make you feel a bit sick as well. Definitely, I'm not a nana. I know you think I'm old to get off it.
Speaker 4: Last while, Lauren, Hello, what did your child say to embarrass you?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, just to paint a picture on a burned nurse an occasional that we do have to restrain our patients to the bend for various reasons, delirium or some type of behavior of concern. And recently, just at the local basketball training with my seven year old kickboard to all the parents and all the kids for his mum likes to tie people up to the bed.
Speaker 2: He shared your kings to the people squad. Maybe you do, and that might be the other reason, but you know what, let's not share it to all the kids in the playground.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so funny, and I reckon, let's give you a thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can have it there.
Speaker 4: You go, get as many lcms as you want, fill the kids lunchboxes, light up their day with lcms. You're so fine, available near a supermarket. We'll do that tomorrow. We got all this class it.
Speaker 3: I love just being like, you get some money, you get some lcms.
Speaker 2: I also just love hearing all the embarrassing things because my kids have done so much stuff over the years where it's almost to the point now where they do things and they say things and it's not even embarrassing anymore. So it's kind of nice. It's embarrassing, well for you, but for me, it's so commonplace. I should be embarrassed, but I'm not desensitized. But it's so nice hearing it from other parents as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll do it tomorrow. We'll see you guys.
Speaker 5: Then.
Speaker 2: I can't wait see tomorrow, See you guys,