Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: So a big weekend in my house and our eighteen year old daughter, our youngest daughter, Lois last one to move out yesterday off to college. And the highlight of my weekend actually was Saturday afternoon. I said I'd like to cook you a special kind of going away dinner, and then she said, look, I'd love to do that with you.
Speaker 3: So we cooked together, we went like listening to music. It was really really nice.
Speaker 1: However, what was also real nice is as we're going to get the ingredients just to have one last big row about something dumb together and she was driving and she starts telling me about how dogs can perform CPR and you know, most of the time has it done.
Speaker 3: I'm very laid back. I don't take the bites.
Speaker 1: I just sort of go, okay, I don't want to sort of man's babite this one. I've got to be honest. I was just like, right, there's just no way. But we got into hey, is you're about to I start recording because I thought she's gonna be going on about this for a couple of minutes. She's not going to back down about she's seen something on TikTok about a dog doing CPR on a human.
Speaker 3: People, dogs can do this. She also started to refer to me as people.
Speaker 1: Recently, we've moved on from do now to just to generic people.
Speaker 3: It's just me people.
Speaker 1: Dogs can do this.
Speaker 4: It would not get enough power into the chest to do CPR.
Speaker 3: Why am I even giving.
Speaker 1: This a serious response about power through the chest?
Speaker 4: People?
Speaker 3: Dogs can do this.
Speaker 4: It would not get enough power into the chest to do CPR.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 5: There's no way I agree that dog could not save someone's life with CPR. However, if you collapse and the ambulance is because you've got something on your wrist and sat pulling the ambulance and your dog starts jumping up and down on you just because it's worrying, Oh my god, Oh my god. You guys like that, Oh my you think that?
Speaker 3: Well, HOPEU. They're gonna get a university. They can teach you about this sort of stuff. Dogs can't do CPR. The kids smart enough to get into the university. And me, I'm do criminology. And then she seen someone on TikTok. She showed me the video.
Speaker 1: When we got to this to the supermarket, and it was someone explaining how this is going to work, and the person who's and the person the trainer says, this person who's going to be the stooge? Right, you pretend to collapse right now, and the dog, if you see, and then she goes right the way.
Speaker 3: You'll need to be holding some ham.
Speaker 1: So the only way you're getting revived the dogs just jumping.
Speaker 3: And go and gimme release that hand.
Speaker 2: If you're going down, to have some cold cats.
Speaker 3: On the way.
Speaker 1: So if you're within crawling distance when you have your attack of a deli, this is great. But anyway she's she's now found an article the.
Speaker 5: Greena I named Leo. I'm going to how to perform CPR for his owner, Emily Anderson. Anderson, who works as an e R nurse and a.
Speaker 3: Doctor nurse, taught the perfectly.
Speaker 5: Trained pup to jump up and down on American's chest and listen to breathing every day.
Speaker 4: He totally amazes me.
Speaker 3: A dog can't do CPR. Start to stick into my guard.
Speaker 4: With you.
Speaker 1: There's nothing more to say as a parent. The amount of things you'll be stunned at you never thought you'd ever have to seriously say in your life. That is another new one, right on the cusp of her moving out. I can't believe much she's saying to my eighteen year old daughter. A dog can't perform CPR. So I just want to double check, though, because I'd hate to be wrong. I'm happy to go and see it today. Go hey, I know you've only me that house. I just want to say sorry.
Speaker 3: Turns out the dogs, But in my mind, there's simply no way they would have enough power to do the chess compressions.
Speaker 1: Sure, but she was adamant she's seen something on TikTok and that's where they get the truth from. So I don't know if we've got any trained first daders or there's any any sort of paramedics listening right now that can please just back me up. Surely a dog cannot I'm saying this, a dog cannot perform CPR.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend, Masha get into a argument with my eighteen year old daughter, which is a shame on the eve of her moving out yesterday. She was trying to tell me with an a dog and that a dog can do CPR, and I was having none of it people.
Speaker 4: Dogs can't do this. It would not be to get enough power into the chest to do CPR. Dog, There's no way I agree.
Speaker 5: That dog I save someone's life with CPR. However, if you collapse and the ambulance is because you've got something on your wrist that sat pulling the ambulance, and your dog stops jumping up and down on you just because it's worrying, Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: You guys like that, oh by you think well, hopefully're gonna get a university they can teach you about this sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Dogs, you can't do CPR.
Speaker 1: Someone has sent me a video Christianity is saying, is it Tony Christian, I was skept school listener this morning. I agree with you, And then I google it and there's a BBC video here, and it's a video of a stocky, powerful little dog running in a irt dummy lying on the ground. It jumps on his belly twice and then just has a lie down next to it.
Speaker 2: CPR.
Speaker 3: It's not getting enough.
Speaker 1: Push those front legs. Guys Christian and the morning think about this. It would depend on the size of the dog. My dog is sixty two kilos and it hurts me. He just steps on my toes. If he jumped on me, I'm sure he could bring me.
Speaker 3: Back for the dead.
Speaker 1: How about Patsy's dog, it's massive, Larry, your cat's pretty chunky.
Speaker 3: That cat.
Speaker 1: If I'm going he's just putting a pillow over my face and go oh and all you can eat buffet lying on the floor at Larry level, he's not doing anything.
Speaker 3: Wayne, Good morning, Good morning? Hell are we Yeah? We're good?
Speaker 1: So Wayne understand used to be a first responder, yeah.
Speaker 6: Correct, emergency response responder, first responder, so he has I'm unfortunately to CPR and a lot of people over my time and bad so with babies, you use two fingers on the chest. So as long as there's a regular feet to the heart until ambulances arrived, it can be done to a human or middle aged person, not a very thick set person. As long as there is pressure put on to the chess cavity in a regular pattern, it is possible.
Speaker 3: You have got to be kidding me. This is going to hurt.
Speaker 6: So I guarantee you. I guarantee you. You are a policy to your door. And the worst thing is my kids are embarrassed. And solicitors and ones in the Department of Justice also right, and it is possible. I have these conversations with my kids and it springs me out. It's not the only dad who has its problem.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that a dog.
Speaker 2: Could in theory is possible, are a weak person except Middle Asia. And how often is your baby going to be in trouble that you go, hey, let the dog take this.
Speaker 1: Hopefully there'd be someone real close to that baby rather than a dog babysitter.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast