Speaker 1: Come on, hello everyone, Happy Thursday.
Speaker 2: Albo Oh, hi, Mitch, how are you going this fine afternoon?
Speaker 1: I'm good. You said that yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well, look we're have a bit of a more serious one today. On this Thursday.
Speaker 3: One of our very own kiss FM family members was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. And it all happened pretty quickly from when she found out to when she was having a mistectomy, and it sort of made us all stand up a little bit and take notice and think we need to be doing more to promote advocacy for checking your own breast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, visit Ali Clark if you didn't get the news, you know, not long ago, but which part of the family here.
Speaker 1: And it kind of made everyone in the company go, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I grabbed my boobs immediately.
Speaker 3: And I have been fear selling them actually probably too much, I mean feeling them to the point where I'm like, now I'm like, oh, is that something am I sore?
Speaker 2: Because I've been touching it too much.
Speaker 3: But it's really important that you understand how you should be doing your breast checks and things like that. So make sure you right now do a little bit of research on how and what you should be feeling.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what we're going to do.
Speaker 4: Every month, We're going to give you a little nudge to check your breast because it's early detection is the key.
Speaker 1: It saves lives.
Speaker 4: One in seven izzy women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. We all know way over seven women that it will directly affect us in our life, and when it's caught early, the survival rate is over ninety percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is literally the difference between you living.
Speaker 1: Or not and what do you feel for.
Speaker 4: It's like, I mean, it can affect men too, but it predominantly affects women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you feel for anything that is different to what you know or anything that feels like maybe it's not on the other side, So you should feel both, Like do they feel symmetric at the end of the day, women's breasts and men's breast but they're filled with a lot of different lumps and bumps. So any rippling of the skin or discharge in the nipples, little spots of blood, anything that you think doesn't look feel right, go and get it checked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Today on the show, we have an ask guncut next, so we're offering some advice to the listeners of the show.
Speaker 1: Britt we're very well informed, the two of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love it. Every Thursday we do it. We help you with your deepest, darkest burning issues.
Speaker 4: This is tricky, and I think a situation we've all been in. You invite someone to an event long in the future, but then the friendship kind of dips and you're not as close as you once were when you bought the tickets. But then the event comes around. Do you still take them? Can you cancel? Can you pull the tickets away from them?
Speaker 2: I have this problem with you in my upcoming wedding, Mitch.
Speaker 1: Is that a ticket at event?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 2: You're happy by ticket?
Speaker 1: Peace for We've got to tackle that issue for a listener.
Speaker 4: Next on the pick up Thanks to Chemists ware House heading today great savings every day.
Speaker 2: We have a fan favorite right now, guys. It's Thursday, Ask Uncut. It's Asked Uncut.
Speaker 3: We do it every single week and we just help you with your biggest, darkest, deepest dilemmas.
Speaker 2: And Lily has called up with a very tricky one.
Speaker 1: Today, A lil what's going on? How can we help hi?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 6: So I've got a bit of a situation. I bought some concert tickets last year. They weren't easy to get waited in lines quite a while, and then someone who was I was friends with at the time asked if they could have one of the concert tickets. I said, yep, great, let's go to the concerts later this year. Since they have stepped into a more senior management session, and they have, I'd say like our friendship has disintegrated and they've started treating me. It's quite unfairly at work now, I'm dreading this concert. It's meantally into state as well. Yeah. So, and we haven't spoken about flights, accommodation, nothing bare. We've barely even spoken about it. But I want to ask for the concert ticket back. She's I technically still have the ticket that she's paid me for it, and I don't know how to go about it.
Speaker 2: Is it just the two of you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just the two of us this trick.
Speaker 3: I would almost think that you're going to have to have a conversation with her and take the ticket back.
Speaker 4: But what has changed? So you guys were close and friends. Has she changed as a person since being a manager?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Absolutely. And I think the other thing is I used to be in her role and I stepped down, and so now it's almost it almost feels like a power play.
Speaker 4: Then you know what, like this is going to be the hard conversation to have, but you're gonna have to sit her down and go, look, do you really want to go to this concert?
Speaker 1: Like we weren't. We weren't what we once were. What she says, yes, then go.
Speaker 4: Then then it's the open chance to say I don't feel the same.
Speaker 1: I just don't. I just don't. I'm not looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: The only other option is if it's not the end of the world for you, do you let her buy the ticket and so you can't go?
Speaker 2: Or is it an event that you truly don't want to miss out on?
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, it's an event I truly don't want to miss out on. I'm talking I waited in a queue for like three hours.
Speaker 2: Well, then you don't want to spend this experience with someone you don't like.
Speaker 3: I think you're going to have the conversation and say, hey, look, I think that you must be across this as well, that our friendship has obviously changed. We don't really you hang out anymore, you know, outside of work, and the dynamic is different. I'm going to, you know, give this to someone, especially my life.
Speaker 4: But you also could think on the flip side, right, Lily, that this could be the moment you need to rekindle the friendship. Were you close? Did you enjoy the friendship before she was a manager?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I did?
Speaker 6: I did, But like it's honestly one of those things she's changed so much as a person, and I'm just worried now that, Like, is she then gonna essentially punish me more?
Speaker 2: Well? Probably if you think that she's going to, she.
Speaker 4: Will also maybe don't go to the show and maybe look for work elsewhere. Like, if you're not happy in this situation, I think.
Speaker 3: Well, this is escalated, bitch. Can you try and get extra tickets? Then just give her those ones and you go with the extra ones. And if you can't get the extra ones, then you're going to have to go with your devil ways.
Speaker 1: Probably you don't want to go. That sounds so cool.
Speaker 7: She just said that her No, she can't miss because it's going to make it worse for it work and you spend so much of your life at work.
Speaker 6: That's actually a good idea. I didn't think of that.
Speaker 2: I rate that idea, Brittany for present, please go.
Speaker 6: Look for another ticket.
Speaker 1: Well, there go, Lily.
Speaker 7: I hope it helps and stop that convoluted advice helps you, Lily, I.
Speaker 4: Reckon quit, but that's that's like sort of scorched earth. You know, let us know if you quit, will hire you, which is like move to please you. If you want to get in touch, you can send us a text with your life issue and we'll do our best to answer.
Speaker 1: At four nine nine four four.
Speaker 3: Hey, after the break, we have a bit more of a serious chat. We've been talking about breast cancer. We're going to be playing something that's very special to Laura and myself. She was a listener of Life on Cutch. She was part of our family. Her name was Chanelle Bryant, and we spoke to her just weeks before she passed away tragically from breast cancer, and the insight that we got from her was truly invaluable.
Speaker 1: We'll play that out next here on the pickup.
Speaker 3: We're doing something a little bit different here at the pickup today. We are making a really conscious effort to try and raise more awareness surrounding breast cancer because we know it is a disease that is very very fatal and very prevalent, and we want people to be checking their.
Speaker 2: Breast morphone and more aware. And something that Laura and.
Speaker 3: I had the absolute privilege of doing was interviewing one of our own lifers from our podcast community Life Uncut. Her name is Chanelle Bryant, and about two years ago, Chanelle tragically passed away from triple negative breast cancer. Now she was a mum of two young kids, she was a wife, and with only a few weeks left to live, she gave us her precious, precious time, knowing she had such little amounts of time left with her family, and she came on and did an interview with us, and the point of that interview was to raise awareness to everyone listening that this can happen to you and to advocate for your own health to make sure you're checking your breast. And we're forever grateful that we got to speak to Chanelle just weeks before she passed away. And this conversation is to highlight the fact that if you can remember on the first of every month to make it here to check your breasts.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's roll this out. This is Chanel Bryant from the Life on cut podcast.
Speaker 3: I don't actually know how to ask. I'm just gonna ask, what is your timeline looking like?
Speaker 5: So I've been told if I don't have treatment, I'll be lucky to see Christmas. So that's weeks away.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Like, what can you do? You know it's it's fucked. But I can't control it. You know, I can control writing letters to the kids. I can control bringing forward our wedding vow and you'll to this weekend as opposed to in five months time. I can control my goodbyas and creating memories and traditions with the kids now, taking videos. So they're the things I'm controlling and you know that's that Mum and me and I'm doing that and that's all that I can do. So then once I do that, I have to let go, Like it's the ultimate lesson in surrender.
Speaker 8: Chanel, you mentioned some of the things that you are focusing on in the time that you have left. The one thing you didn't mention, and it's something that is I think cannot be overlooked, is how much work you have done in creating a community around you with support your girls and advocating not just now but you know, in the last couple of years advocating for breast cancer awareness. What is the legacy that you want to leave. What is the message that you want people to know?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Sorry, out it's so huge. I don't want people to take their health for granted, but I also don't want them to live in fear. Where I drop into this space, I guess is I want people to create a habit of checking their breasts every month. I think creating a habit like pinching a punch first of the month, you know, just just a habit, something that you think of instinctively. On the first of the month, That's what I do. I check my breast and if anything's unusual, I go and get it checked out. So you're not riddled with fear all the time I'm going to get cancer. It's just something that you do, like your period comes once a month, you know, just a normal thing. The conversation stays open. I think if we can create and instill that habit in people, it's going to be nothing but positive. And then I think beyond that, it's just being your own advocate. So if something comes up. A lot of the time the doctors will say, oh, you're young, it's fine, you know, don't worry. Come back in a year if it's still there, that's not okay. You need to be your own advocate and go in there and say, no, this is concerning me. I want an ultrasound or I want a mammogram. You advocate for yourself. I think that is really a huge take home message as well, because no one else is ultimately going to do it.
Speaker 2: What do you want your kids to know about you?
Speaker 3: Is there anything that you just I know that you've written so many beautiful letters to them and you've told them, But what do you want them when they look back to think about you and to know that you did?
Speaker 5: I think for me, it's always been a feeling and where my struggles in this space lie are. I just I just don't want them to forget me.
Speaker 2: They will never You were their whole world.
Speaker 5: I know that, and I'm you know, instilling that and doing everything that I can with that. I just, for me, it's a feeling. And say this to people all time, It's like you don't remember the intricacies of the moment. Sometimes you don't remember often the things you say, you remember, the way someone makes you feel and I just like to make people around me feel good, feel loved, feel supported, feel howled, feel seen. And that's where my focus has been, especially as I've evolved as a woman. And I hope that with everything that I've done for them in setting these things up, and the memories that I've made, and the conversations that I've had with friends and family and community around keeping my memory alive, I hope that that's enough that they can get a feeling of the woman that I was when I was earthbound. And that's all that I want. I just want them to be happy and loved and feel me. Really.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you want to hear the full chat with Chanelle Bryant, an incredible woman, you can search on the life on cut.
Speaker 2: Feed, Right Brett, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: I don't forget.
Speaker 4: Have a squeeze of your boobs, have a feel, you feel something abnormal, go chat to your doctor. All right back after this on the pickup last week on the show, because SHUMEU.
Speaker 1: Listen to every moment of this show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously people know this moment, but in case you missed it, I challenged the girls Britain Laura in my ultimate friendship test. I had a theory that if your friends really love you, they will accept an invitation to be able to view them at all times on Find My Friends, which is like GPS tracking on.
Speaker 3: Your eye the live location thing. Yeah, out of the blue, I got a Mitch wants to know where you are? Do you accept or decline?
Speaker 1: You didn't accept.
Speaker 4: No, I decline law except on the air, and guess what, that night canceled it.
Speaker 2: So she's a for show friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I thought, okay, you guys have a lot of celeb friends in this world, a lot of people in the public eye.
Speaker 1: So this was the challenge. Brittany Hartily Laura Burn.
Speaker 4: I now challenge you to find two friends and to request their live location.
Speaker 1: I reckon, maybe brit you do someone from the Jungle.
Speaker 2: I am going to go Tristan. Tristan McManus from the Channel ten.
Speaker 1: You guys aren't best.
Speaker 3: Were Well, we're friends because we did the I'm a Celebrity Jungle together, so for almost a month we were together.
Speaker 2: But we're not best is like we don't call each other every second day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do have an update though.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, so I was really shocked, but he accepted it pretty soon.
Speaker 2: He accepted it and then he accepted it, and I was like, oh, okay, that's weird.
Speaker 3: And I felt awkward because I was like, oh, he thinks that I just want to follow him. But then he sent me a message later and he said, PS, I think you butt messaged me.
Speaker 4: You know what we should do. You need to call Tristan. We actually should give the number to our producer Grace. You need to call Tristan and just say, hey, mate, I just saw it because you've I've got to find mine.
Speaker 1: I saw you around the corner.
Speaker 4: Let's get it.
Speaker 1: Let's grab a quick cofee. You're two minutes away from me.
Speaker 2: What he says just it's like the ultimate friendship test. I hate this stuff. Whatever would you do it?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't want to because I feel awkward, but he's going to think I'm a psycho store.
Speaker 1: Let's go. I got his numbers.
Speaker 2: Hello, Tristan, it's Brittany. How are you.
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to.
Speaker 3: Thank you the other day for accepting my request location.
Speaker 2: You know I find my friends.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I know. You think I but diled you, but I didn't. It was just sort of because, like I guess, I've been.
Speaker 7: Thinking about you too, so I wanted to see you know, I wanted to keep track of your movements. And I actually did just jump on now and I saw that you are not far from me, so I thought i'd see if you just wanted to get a coffee or something. Yeah, of course, yeah, Oh where are you?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm about four hundred meters from you.
Speaker 3: Actually, if you look down the street and put your head out, you've probably seen me.
Speaker 6: You know, I was wondering what that thing was because it's a bit weird.
Speaker 3: I thought it was pretty normal, isn't it just to like want to keep track of your friends.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, no, you should, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: What happened is I've told you all the time is to just come knock on the door, rock in I have a cookie sea But yeah, yeah I will major.
Speaker 3: Well, I did also see I saw because I obviously just check in on your location every day, so I did see that you have been spending a bit of time in my house.
Speaker 7: I haven't been, no, but you've been around the suburb like you've been in the area, and I just thought, I don't know, like I just I guess I feel a bit sad that you've been around and haven't called like I thought, you know, true friends, true friends would probably follow each other's no, do you know what?
Speaker 5: I just wasn't sure how busier like you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like I keep saying to people, I said, they need to rock into me, but I actually don't do it. You know, Yeah, No, it hasn't been that.
Speaker 2: I just you're You're you're busy always.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be We can't do this too, Tristan. You're on the pick up mate.
Speaker 4: You are the you are the ultimate wingman for putting up with this bull from Brittany.
Speaker 2: Help, Trisan. They made me request your location. I didn't want to do it. I was like, he's going to think I'm a creep, But you actually were so nice about it.
Speaker 1: We forced her to do it.
Speaker 4: We forced her to call you and say she was tracking you, Tristan, and you were the nicest man in the world about it.
Speaker 3: In all honesty. I was stokes that you accepted it. But I was like, hang on a minute, he didn't request my location back.
Speaker 2: Doesn't he want to know?
Speaker 4: I just thought it was a little bit weird.
Speaker 2: You're like, weird, but I'll roll with it.
Speaker 1: I think you are.
Speaker 4: You are the greatest man in Australia, one of the best friends out there there.
Speaker 3: It was a friendship test and we can say, hands down, you passed in the jungle and you passed right now live on radio, you Tristan.
Speaker 4: But I will be safe. I will never be in your house.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Thanks for that, all right, Will? And what are you up next? To drive you homewords down? Everyone?
Speaker 4: You can podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app and we'll see you tomorrow for Friday.
Speaker 2: Goodbye, yeah bye.