Speaker 1: Welcome to them. Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We get four songs and their song titles and we put them on a wheel. Whatever song it land's done. We're try and do a phone in with you guys based on the song title. My favorite one we done. Two favorites were a baby did you remember? Baby did a bad bad thing? I begged, I begged you not to go with that one, but we did and we actually got the lines were jammed.
Speaker 3: Of when you did a bad thing as a baby. Baby did a bad thing to you.
Speaker 2: And then there was a song song as well. All right, here are the four songs.
Speaker 4: It's a nasty.
Speaker 2: Any idle white wedding Baby for wedding stories. Also this hous done things. This is the third one one done. You know what, I try and train these little elves to make a radio show with me. Sometimes they go over the wire. Scotty doesn't know when I query produce a real what the hell is this noise? He goes, You know from the movie euro Trip, that's google it two thousand and four and that.
Speaker 5: Narrowly missed out at the Oscars Oscar Dodger euro Trip.
Speaker 2: This is the fourth song. Metallica ands Sam Man, Where have you falling asleep? All right, let's put all those songs together on a really horrible sounding kind of kaleidoscope. Yeah, like I said, oh you gotta hangover this morning? Get that song off. I don't know I like it. Yeah, you don't go. Scotty doesn't know how many calls one? If we get one, we've won the week.
Speaker 3: How about we do both phone?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, are they going to get a call about.
Speaker 3: Scott's who don't know something?
Speaker 2: Do you have a friend? Will Scotty? Are you Scotty and you didn't know something? Enter sam Man? Where have you fallen asleep? Yeah? Where have you fallen asleep? Let's see what we get.
Speaker 1: Let's roll the dice Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Tonight, Where have you Fallen Asleep? I'm also doing this one. Scotty doesn't know no idea what we're going to get from this. Are you called Scotty? Did someone surprise you once? Do you know what? We have the nicest listeners in the world. You're always trying to support whatever we do. Rio just took a call from a guy who is called Scotty and was just trying to work out how he could help the feature. It doesn't have a story going to hey, oh dank, Scotty, did you ever not know something? I A think? So Scotty just called it, responding to a cry from out from us, going can I help it? Anyway? I'm called Scotty. So we have had a call from a Scottie. All right, let's go to lines. Peter, where have you fallen asleep? Guys?
Speaker 6: I actually yeah, I'll asleep a couple of times on that jury g Now, jury member to keep getting in the rid baking up.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I was like the defense case, I got a real problem. But you're a number. You know, what do you? How do you guilty? Or a few times.
Speaker 3: That's amazing because it goes on for days.
Speaker 2: He was someone to liberty. You know, justice is in your very hands. You can't stay away during that. It does look very boring, isn't it? Okay, Peter, thank you very much and call no worries.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Justin? How are you I'm going justin? Welcome to the show. And where have you fallen asleep?
Speaker 8: Well? I'm forty now, and this is happy. This happened when I was about eighteen. I went to the footy one day. It was the big day at the footy, if you know what I mean. I went to catch a train back, went to the wrong platform, fell asleep on the train, woke up in Adelaide.
Speaker 6: How's this right?
Speaker 8: Didn't have no money, didn't have no money on me that the reverse charge. Called my parents and my dad thought I was actually joking. He goes to your epan joking, ain't I said, no, I'm eating pretty much Adelaide.
Speaker 2: You woke up in a different state. This is amazing.
Speaker 8: Yep, there, I say, the old VH Commodore wagon, Mum and Daddy driving up to Adelaide to pick me up, and it was the most quiet trip.
Speaker 2: All the way home. This is incredible. You get to hear.
Speaker 8: Every cricket on the way back from Adelaide. And then when it was paid, Mum and Dad were knocking at the door for petrol money and food money and obviously danger money because you know, heading in the VAH commondold with Adelaide that's pretty dangerous.
Speaker 2: Justin That is an outstanding story. Thank you very much mate, a great weekend.
Speaker 8: I'll try mate you to thank you.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's got a tie, how's it go? I'm good. Thanks going the show, mate, I hope got a good week. And where have you fallen asleep?
Speaker 9: I fell asleep on the stage build for the police gig.
Speaker 2: So which bit of the build were you? Were you up high?
Speaker 9: No, we were we were on the ground. We were just local crew. Three four four twelve hour days. On a third day, sort of halfway through the day, I sat myself down on a big concrete pillar and proceeded to fall asleep.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. When you're that tired, sitting down, that's it. You just catch a little bit of VERSI how long were you sleep for?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure.
Speaker 9: I woke up to one of the boys pouring a bottle of water down my throat.
Speaker 2: That's nice. Yeah, all right, tight, Thanks you Cole. I have a good weekend you too, mate. But Jared, Hello, hello, Jared. Off you go? Then where you.
Speaker 10: I was at a heavy metal concert an little band called ex Attack, and like the previous speaking, we're dealing with drowsy and put my head down for a minute, and I was told about two hours later that I was actually asleep inside the speaker.
Speaker 2: Had a heavy metal concert? You mentioned me, not just fall a sleep? Not not off, but for two hours, two hours the hours there to.
Speaker 3: It, and you crawled inside a speaker like a cat would crawl inside the engine of a car.
Speaker 2: You can do that if you were tired at heavy metal gigs, crawl in the speaker the vibrations, and that would be evil. The worst place to be inside the speaker a metal gig. I can fall asleep anywhere many This is amazing. It's certain new Friday feature. We can't get on fall asleep. We try out in various places.
Speaker 3: Send him to different work site to call across the city.
Speaker 2: A right, I have a great weekend, mate, Thanks you cool.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'commells show podcast songs this week.
Speaker 2: Then I told them you weren't here. Yes, I sat down on the team and said, listen so many songs that you guys are putting forward. There's nothing to get. What are we doing? I want it that way when you were selfish? What are we doing with this? They put here in brackets weirdly specific food orders. It wants to hear that I have chicks, but I have the mayonnaise on the side. Hey, I have a thousand dollars for our corner of the week. I pray. There's a land on that ever break, So I'd rather hear the song than do the phone. And that is our Friday banger. Okay, things getting stuck? Yeah, all right, I can't go for that. Brackets, No, can do end of Brackets team.
Speaker 3: What's their suggestion for that?
Speaker 2: What have you been banned from? That's the songs about being banned from something that.
Speaker 4: I actually like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't go to Bunnings anymore. I gotta be honest. I'd just rather hear that whole of oat song into Bank Street Boys. Okay, all right? And then they this one. This has been hanging around circling in the plughole for a couple of months. Who've been talking about when is the Friday? We're going to do this one for backside stories. Let's spin the wheel, see what it lands on. Just give us twenty seconds. It sounds terrible, Just give you twenty sept a Friday at especially you're in a blender, isn't it? They said, you're fair? What's that right that spins you? Oh? Backside stories?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Backside stories? Who has had something happen? I mean, with great asking this, who has had something happen to their back.
Speaker 3: But remembers the wheel that chose. We didn't want to do this, the wheel chose.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, thank you for committing to it. Do any of us have a backside story? I sat on a metallic hair brush this week.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 2: It's painful. It's for the one of the dogs, the German shepherd dog. And the kids have just left it on the couch, you know when they say and it's solid to get the fur out. It's like, really, it's like a medieval torture device. And you know, I was sat down to watch the TV with the takeaway the other night and I sat down at great speed, and I was, he goes right. The spies went right up into my left well top and I said, I said, why would you leave it like that to the dogs? All right? Jack, have you got a backside story?
Speaker 3: Yeah? When I was in high school, I wanted to be a drummer for a little bit, borrowed the school drum kit and used to put songs on really really loud and drum to them. And I was pretending to be a rock star. So I stood up at one point in the song from the drum.
Speaker 2: Stool to do like a what do three four.
Speaker 3: In my bedroom? Didn't realize I'd pulled off the top of the drum stool and it had fallen off while I was going two three four, and because I was so loud in there, I couldn't hear it hit the floor and sat back down.
Speaker 2: On the pole of kind of like self impelled.
Speaker 3: If it didn't hit me in the left button. But it could have been a lot lot. Wow, you've got think what could happen?
Speaker 2: That's a phone in next week. I shiver to think, shiver to think what could have happened?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Maybe this was a mistake. I guess. If you're going to ask people on the radio, has anything happened to your backside? You're going to get stories you really don't want to hear. What about Larry's one who does that in the middle of an Italian restaurant? Anyway, all right, that wasn't the worst one. It wasn't the cyst on. I saw that one part there, So no one needs to hear about a cyst on someone's bump. My heart goes out, thank you for service. Anyway, let's go to these backside stories because the will landed on. All right, my, you're up first. What's your backside story?
Speaker 9: Great?
Speaker 11: Well, Christian, I was running in cross country in high school and I ran past this cute little dog who decided he was going to have a nibble, runs up, takes a big bike, his blood all running down my leg. Dog realizes, oh goodness me, I've done something really terrible, so it just sat down and looked up at me like all apologetic. So I couldn't even get angry at the dog.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, And I love that you think the internal sort of dialogue for the dog is oh goodness me, I was a King Charles Spaniel or something like, oh goodness me. I didn't mean to draw blood. It was a fresh wound.
Speaker 11: I'm pretty sure it was something different, but it's probably not radio.
Speaker 2: Friendly, right, Okay, thank you, Mike, have a nice weekend, and bye bye, Mike. Fine. Uh, Debbie.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 12: One day I was riding my bike and I stopped a red light and another cyclist came down off a hill behind me, didn't look up and see me stopped at that red light, slammed the back of his bike straight into my right hand buttock and I ended up with a bruise on my butt the size of my hand.
Speaker 2: What I've never heard of someone sort of rear ending someone on a bicycle. Yep, ye, only in the world of cartoons, bender bender. Also when you're on a bike, what do you mean that he wasn't looking up? What else is there to do? Flagrant about how they ride a bikey, we have a book.
Speaker 12: He was looking at his front tire.
Speaker 2: Great detail around, Jebbie, great story, well told me. I have a lovely weekend. Thank you for calling. Thank you, Jadeen.
Speaker 4: My wife got bitten on the back side by a tiger and a monk monastery.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on here, my friend, the monastery. We've got a pet tiger there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, back in back in the day when you're allowed to go to the tigers at the monastery in Thailand.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, we paid to.
Speaker 4: Go into the little cub enclosure. And obviously they're they're a little bit playful. And my wife's got in between two and it just lunge at her and it put its two paws on her hips and just pitched down on her right.
Speaker 2: Butteck, yep, it thinks it's snack tied. You know there was no Jaden. That's a great story. I have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Thank you too, you guys, Thank you by Kim Trustan, who are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? But Mom Portney, how was your backside?
Speaker 7: My back's good now. But when I was about eighteen years old riding roller skates, they just the street I lived on, they just put fresh bitchamon and it was a down hill run and I thought it was a great idea to get on a roller skates and squat down and go down this hill absolutely flat chat and decided halfway down the hill, how am I going to stop?
Speaker 11: So I just great, great, right.
Speaker 2: Right usual Bama's a kind of rudder anger drop an anchor.
Speaker 7: Absolutely at the worst part about it destroyed the destroyed the baths all.
Speaker 2: Was wearing, oh, roller skating and bathes as well? Hell of it?
Speaker 5: Look wow wait okay, look out Kim, Wow, what a see its roller skate.
Speaker 2: Awesome came great story mate, We send your price. Have a top weekend, my roller skating friend in bathers.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o' carl's show podcast.
Speaker 2: To see what we've got tonight. Smart well, we mind that weirdy jumping Friday, Friday, knock on Fridays, the show whiffs of it right now, all small things who come into me tonight. But just a rio said, maybe when you've been airborne, what's the wish if you got skate punks? Because they always some class about they pulled a three sixty? Do they even call it? That? Is there a three sixties? A three sixty? Thank god for that. I would have sounded really old when you were blue, when you made a terrible song. And this one's still it's Nasty's how this one's on every Friday. It's not the modern rock in this feature. It's always there. You can't get rid of it. It's a nicety, all right. That's spin the morning, a horrible kaleidoscope of sound for your ears. Make it STARp.
Speaker 1: Nasty for a white.
Speaker 2: Oh no airborne doing do not call in when you pulled air on a quarter pipe? Okay? Because yeah, wow, we still got it baby, all right? So in the air tonight? What is in the air tonight?
Speaker 3: The other idea was to do what got thrown at you? So it's coming in the air tonight, it's coming through the air at you.
Speaker 2: In the night or just anytime.
Speaker 3: It can be any time.
Speaker 2: Just keep it broad, right, was it seven pm? Hang out? What's after six? All right? What got thrown at you? All right, let's give it a go. Also airborn, Well.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know what that means.
Speaker 2: When when when you when you're in the air, you might have been like you got launched into the air.
Speaker 3: What rock from like a catapipe, shot out of a cann or a catapult?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, she was trying to help me about like a catapult. We're always getting those calls. We go not today if we're not doing that yet. We've told you before about this day. Stop cudding in with that catapult. It's an amazing story.
Speaker 3: It's amazing, you said, but please not today?
Speaker 2: All right? What got thrown at you? And also when you were airborne?
Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We just spun the win of fotunes and the phone in we're going to be going with tonight is Phil Connin's in the air tonight. So what got thrown at you? And also when you've been airborne? Who do we have festival? Matt?
Speaker 6: Christian Matt, So I was airborne?
Speaker 2: Yes, Jackie the old in he heard his cutes call, Matt, when were you airborn? What happened?
Speaker 6: So I don't recommend doing yourself, but we had an inflatable raft set up in our pool. A friend of mine was on one end. I jumped off the verandah onto the other.
Speaker 2: Summon cartoon and our physics kicking. What happened? He got catapulted up in the air and got airborne.
Speaker 6: Well he only went top pool maybe a meter or so, and we're in the pool, so he was straight into water.
Speaker 3: How old were you, Matt?
Speaker 6: Early twenties?
Speaker 2: This is amazing. That's what you do is early twenties. And what's being involved before this? Uh? You knowskw yes, yes, yeah, drinking? How I be involved? Matt? That's a great one. Thank you very much. You cool have a good weekend.
Speaker 6: No thanks.
Speaker 13: So justin Christian when I was sixteen, I decided to take on a big hill with my skateboard. Halfway down, I knew I was in trouble and while I didn't have a speeder, I reckonized. Going about sixty kimeters an hour. I got the speed wobble here the cemetery and I hit a bump and I reckon. I went about forty meters in the air.
Speaker 2: He was at post too much, and then we landed in the grave.
Speaker 8: Did you I landed.
Speaker 13: Next to the cemetery I had. I had a chocolate shape from McDonald's. I kept it trump with shake, but I ruined my shoulders.
Speaker 2: I almost felt that there were judges there that gave you all tens, all tens for that the perfect dismount.
Speaker 3: You all got the stars if you have a fifty meter arct, that's from the fifty meter arct to the goal square.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that milk shake fake, Those didn't spill a drop and he was doing sixty. Let's not forget at least Justin great Colt lovely. One of my favorite weeks about Justin Jackie Boy, was ho, when we get stories about what got thrown at you? I was, I don't know why, but I thought we might get stories about when you were airborm And as you appreciate, when when any radio stations does a phone in, there are some calls that are sometimes we don't quite believe them, are a bit too ott, and those are weeded out. Jack just ghost him is he politely declines the corner wait to get a load of this BS tells me a story and I go get a back. I believe it, saying no way.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, Donna, tell it is exactly as you told to me.
Speaker 2: Tell everyone what happened to you.
Speaker 14: I went to a game and it was the dime minutes of the game, really wet day. The ball hit the top of the post, came down, hit me on the back of the head, actually knocked me three rows back and alls knocked out, ended up in a break for two weeks. And the only cool thing about it, I woke up in the sub rooms after the game and Alls I would get the phase autograph.
Speaker 2: Wow, we actually one hundred percent believe this. They believe me.
Speaker 14: The ball was so heavy it.
Speaker 2: Would be you know, it's just physics.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, a ball coming down, how does it make someone get AIRBA would's wise.
Speaker 2: We get calls on those people who saw it, and they've actually they've actually seen people cancer folded from level one to level two. You're having your beer in a hot plae. Oh, Donna, I'm not laughing a bit about the neck brace as well. What a story? And what year was this?
Speaker 14: Donner would have been in the late eighties. Yeah, and such a wet day and the.
Speaker 2: Ball was so water probably would have hadded to the power of the kick. To be honest, the water, you know, if it had been a dry day, maybe only a row or two. But the water, you're looking at a three rower. As I Donna, you're a good sport thanks according it might have a nice weekend. Let's leave it there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast