Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime.
Speaker 3: Was he not intentionally trying to annoy me?
Speaker 4: It's more of a vibe to it.
Speaker 5: That's how the Cohunins do it.
Speaker 1: Who are we to get in the way of that Christian O'Connell show, Gold one oh four point three Show one two hundred and sixteen.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Welcome to the weekend. It's a Friday show. Good morning Jack coome morning guys. Happy Friday. Patsy too? Is everyone looking forward to the weekend ahead?
Speaker 5: What have you got on this weekend? Jack?
Speaker 4: We've got a big night out. Actually, Bianka and I babysitter tonight. We are going to see the Rubens at the North Wow. Yes cool. I met the lead singer of the Rubens, Sam Margin, at the Mick Fanning golf Day and then he jumped in my dams and said come along, come backstage. So we go on backstage.
Speaker 5: How awesome. See some life music. Patsy, what are you up to?
Speaker 7: I am catching up with a group of girlfriends who are newsreaders as well. It's Newsreaders Unite. We catch up every few months and we haven't been.
Speaker 3: Able to do it for what a lovely thing to do. It's lovely, you know.
Speaker 5: So what are you going to have a big long lunch?
Speaker 7: We just have a nice lunch and what started out as just you know colleagues have actually turned into the very best of friends and we adore each other.
Speaker 6: Story coming out of a Lady Patsy's are Ron Burger?
Speaker 4: So will you be taking your news towards to lunch with you and put them on the table.
Speaker 5: Just accidentally poking out the handbag? Oh that thing there? Sorry, in't got to out yet. Yeah? Yeah, And so what are you going to winery or no?
Speaker 7: Actually no, We're going to a lovely cafe where we have been before Wolf, which is awesome.
Speaker 3: They do a beautiful scudery board.
Speaker 6: I'm off to tomorrow in a group of afternoon breath work a Currawong Bush Park. I've never been there before, but apparently it's like fifty eight because it's absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 5: So I'm doing that tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait for him? All right? So after the song we get into this week's Double thumbs.
Speaker 2: Up Chris, you know Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Let's do Double thumbs Up.
Speaker 6: This is where we go around the team meet Jack Compatsy about the things we've enjoyed this week.
Speaker 5: Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 7: Well, today, boys is World Menopause Day all across the globe, and it aims to raise awareness on perimenopause and menopause. And it's obviously been in the spotlight really the last six months, which is great. Everywhere people are really talking about it now. It's so exciting.
Speaker 5: You've been part of that with your podcast podcast.
Speaker 7: And it was lovely the listeners on Wednesday nights some of the ladies and the men said that they were into the podcast halfway through it and some of them had completely listened to it on the iHeart platform Rage Against the Menopause, which was such lovely feedback. When you get it in the wild like that, it's like, yeah, it's really made a difference and help people. So there's a lot of great books that I've pointed to in the podcast that are just really great self help guides. And this is by a doctor Mary Clear. Have I follow her on Instagram as well. She's an American obstetrician kind of cologist, and she's brilliant and she's just so personable. She feels like she's talking to you on her Instagram post. She does, and it's called The New Menopause and it's wonderful. You can get it through Penguin Books. The section I really liked was the latest research into menopause hormone therapy, because it's a really gray area, so if you're looking at going down that path, you want to know the latest research and factor it in for yourself.
Speaker 2: I've loved it.
Speaker 7: Through Penguin Books, The New Menopause, and it is a New York Times bestseller.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's brilliant.
Speaker 5: I found it really helpful, Jackie boy, what do you enjoyed? This week?
Speaker 4: We watched this movie There was a hard sell to my family called Robot Dreams. No talking in the whole thing, hour and a half.
Speaker 5: No sign it movie.
Speaker 4: It's a cartoon, so all you hear is music and then these two characters, a dog and a robot who become best friends. I said to Bianca and Gordios, I think it will be a great thing to watch with him as a kid. And I just read this ray of review about you can't believe how touching a movie can be without any dialogue at all. And it's such a sweet film about two friends, this dog and a robot living in New York in the nineteen eighties, and they get separated and trying to find their way back to each other. It's on STAN, so there's no dial there's no captions, nothing, no captions. No, they never exchange words. There's only music and give this a go the expressions between the two characters. So it makes it a great even though it wasn't made for kids, it makes it a great one to watch for kids as well because Gordy loved all the cartoons. But such a sweet movie and so the wat an achievement without any dialogue at all. That's one awards Robot Robot drains it probably has. Yeah, yeah, yeah, amazing film that's on STAN. And then the other thing that I highly recommend. I've been telling people all week take your kids to karaoke. We had one of the best excursions we've had with Gordy on the weekend. It was just the three of us K box cafes. Where we went is in a Beckett Street in the CBD.
Speaker 6: And I.
Speaker 5: Bet it because kids will love it and I have noise and.
Speaker 4: They just love that reverb on the microphacee. So already they like, they like speaking into it. But then as you get there, like you get their favorite songs up. And then Bianka and I got carried away with it.
Speaker 5: We had a great for Gordon just to hear his dad's voice.
Speaker 6: I mean, we have a voice on Jackie Boy, not even that reb and lift that.
Speaker 3: Glasses smashing on the bar.
Speaker 4: Well, there was some points where Gordy got a little bored and this was one of them.
Speaker 5: And then the anchor in the pair of you do a duet.
Speaker 4: What makes it so funny is there is no pressure on anyone to be a good singer.
Speaker 5: You're quite right, You're quite right. You're quite right. So where do you go again?
Speaker 4: K Box? It's in the city. K Box Cafe a Beckett Street.
Speaker 8: All right, we'll take an ab break. I'll come back with my double thumbs up The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 6: We're doing double thumbs up to one of the things we've enjoyed this week for me brand new season, second season of the Awesome It's on Apple TV called Shrinking It is great. They sent me a preview so and a couple of episodes. In first episode dropped this week. It's called Shrinking. First season you can watch the whole thing is outstanding. Same team that did Ted Lasso.
Speaker 4: Is it the Harrison Ford one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's so.
Speaker 6: Great and it's so amazing. Jason segu as well, very very good. Shrinking is a brilliant show. The other thing I want to recommend, and Phats was talk about her podcast, is your episode that is out now of a brilliant podcast called The Imperfect Jack. So much courage, the impact you've had, emails I've had from people just wanting to say to me, to tell you what a brilliant, really honest, powerful chat that was in The Impuppose. Well done, thanks for saying man. And I've been honestly overwhelmed by the response from Monday's podcast. It's been hard to get back to everybody, and I'm trying to get I see everyone's messages coming in. Thank you if you've you've come to me through Instagram, such lovely stories. I feel the connection, I feel the love, I feel the support. Thank you to everybody who's writing. And I'm trying to get back to everybody. And isn't this completely different from where you were? I called you Sunday.
Speaker 4: I'm so worried about the part of me wanted to call them and say, you know that podcast we did, don't worry about it, just I don't want it out there because you just have no idea, being so vulnerable, how people are going to react to it. And I couldn't. It couldn't have been more of an opposite reaction to what I was expecting. I don't know why I expected some people to react negatively, but it has been nothing but positivity and connection.
Speaker 6: I can't recommend it enough. It's called the Imperfecse of podcast. Wherever you get your parts, you'll find it. There's the Jack's episode is out this week. Well done, all right? Coming up next, we've got the news and sport.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Midday Today Oasis tickets go on sale again for the third and final show Marvel next year. So if you weren't lucky earlier this week, Love Today at midday Livenation dot com dot Au. Oh my god, I was catching on a friend of mine back in the UK. I haven't seen him in a year and a half and so we were doing like a face something and this guy I've known him maybe seventeen years, has always been bored.
Speaker 5: We go on FaceTime and I first thought, this ain't is this the same friends? This is Allan.
Speaker 6: He's got hair and new teeth, And I went, An, I haven't seen it, but you've got your now head. You've never had hair, and then you've got hair and you've got new teeth.
Speaker 5: It's a new head. Where's Adam? And I went, wherever you going? He goes Turkey. Apparently Turkey now is the place you go and you can get new.
Speaker 6: A new heads who have an advertising campaign come to Turkey get his head.
Speaker 4: And was a convincing new head. It's just very I guess you knew him a lot, but it's.
Speaker 5: Got the pendulm's gone so far the other way.
Speaker 6: It's the biggest thickest head of hair you ever seen on a human being, where you're like Alan Board, I've only even known him bald. I didn't even know what he looked like with hem and I was like, at first, I thought, this is have I called the wrong person?
Speaker 4: Allen's able twin.
Speaker 6: Now talking about appearances a couple of days ago on the show on Wednesday Morning, Actually you and I were talking about did the listeners need to be told how to dress for to come to Tina Tina turned the musical we're talking about for dinner and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: You were concerned.
Speaker 4: I just wondered if we'd told them to dress nice for the theater. He sometimes we've done events with listeners before and they don't mind coming in board shorts and a single.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 6: Now, myself, Patsy and the team we all dressed very smart. I was in a suit, Rio was in a suit. Patsy was glammed up in a beautiful cocktail dress. And you made assurances on Wednesday show.
Speaker 4: Well dressed nice. I will dress nice.
Speaker 6: Let me just now just read some of the comments from people who saw the video yesterday.
Speaker 5: Of Wednesday night.
Speaker 6: You we dog Jack dressed up capitals, not Tom, I thought you asked people to dress up. Jack's got a bloody white T shirt on scruffy get These are their words, Jack raw a T shirt, Make an effort, buddy, Emily. Good to see drag chess for the occasion. Nice to see that Jack wore his linen suit. Not where is Jack's dress, hoodie? Good to see that Jack dressed up with a white T shirt.
Speaker 5: These genuinely are from the.
Speaker 4: Comments I had a pair of suit pants.
Speaker 6: On, but you had a plain, old white T shirt on, and this guy old dress nice.
Speaker 4: I will dress nice.
Speaker 6: I just get my finest white T shirt.
Speaker 3: A jacket might have been sufficed.
Speaker 5: Honestly, tell everyone's breath away. We're like, is then what he's wearing?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 4: Honestly, my plan was to wear the jacket over the top, which sometimes you see a nice white T shirt under a suit about the eighties that used to be in Yeah. And then as I was leaving the house, I thought it was warm this week. It was too warm for a suit jacket. It didn't didn't need it.
Speaker 6: The shabbiest tresperson there was not the listeners, they were all very smart. It was you, my friend, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: I was your yesterday, Patsy. What do you get up to?
Speaker 3: Well, guess what.
Speaker 7: I was at the supermarket, standing in front of the meat section, trying to get inspiration to jump into my brain as to what to cook for dinner last night?
Speaker 6: My god, isn't it the worst question for every day of being a grown up?
Speaker 5: Why is she doing for dinner tonight?
Speaker 7: And it's always the same stuff. And then the family says, oh, we had this last week.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you're right. It is always that, not this again.
Speaker 3: This must have been on special.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but didn't we just have this?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: One of the staff members they know me at my local woolies. They're a lovely team at Woolli's wind and Vale. Hello, they'll be listening hello girls and the dilly and but.
Speaker 6: They're all like, shake him on. Is that was it a threat? Or come on?
Speaker 5: He has two more?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 7: He realized, we must have realized that I didn't know what on earth I was going to choose.
Speaker 3: Now, it's not like that.
Speaker 7: And he said, you know what about some corn beef? And I said, well, I do love all corn.
Speaker 5: Sorry, have the Germans invaded again? This is like that's what I had you in rations and the.
Speaker 4: Black You didn't even know you can still get it.
Speaker 5: You had that strange cairn, didn't it.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, this is like fresh you know, in the plastic wrap and.
Speaker 5: You it's sweaty rat.
Speaker 3: No, it's delicious. Anyway, it's all cool again apparently.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, it's not cool again. It was corn beef has never been cool.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's he's just saying that some.
Speaker 6: Bug eye, confused housewife who doesn't know what to do, and he's like, oh, corn beef's cool. Here, we've got loads of we haven't sold since nineteen forty.
Speaker 5: Three, since the store open.
Speaker 3: No, it's very invog.
Speaker 6: Gwyned Paltrow sitting down having a sang and made of corn beef.
Speaker 3: And it's delicious.
Speaker 5: There's vaulty.
Speaker 6: No, it's beautiful cold bully beef as well, or salty beef.
Speaker 5: It's fat.
Speaker 3: Maybe that beef you used to get over in the UK.
Speaker 5: Corn beef is.
Speaker 4: Right, I've never actually honestly had it, Jack, Is it just very salty beef?
Speaker 6: But it looks like it's actually made from ground up human skin. Perhaps to look at it's like that bits of boney one is it?
Speaker 7: You just haven't cooked it right? So I put in the slight cooker. I've got a jar of Campbell's honey chicken sauce.
Speaker 3: I think it is melts in your mouth.
Speaker 5: Throntrina jokes.
Speaker 3: I'm going to cook yourself. You will permeate.
Speaker 6: I don't know anybody who actually likes to taste of corn beef.
Speaker 5: You never you like in Caitlin? Do you like it?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Love it?
Speaker 3: No way with the white sauce. You put the white.
Speaker 10: Sauce on.
Speaker 6: Some old Nana food, you know that stuff at the b of the banktery and like it was to me, it's twinned with spam. Yes, they're like brother and sister are sweaty meats.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Especially Onime with Patsy love corned beef. Patsy, please send me that recipe. I think it was just corn beef plus some sloppy sauce.
Speaker 3: It's easy.
Speaker 7: Just put it in the slow cooker, get its campbells in with like the chicken tonight in that aisle.
Speaker 5: Are you in codes with the Cambells?
Speaker 4: Not at all.
Speaker 6: A month goes by, you're not hawking some other sort of wonder liquid of cambells.
Speaker 7: No, and it's honey mustard. It's honey mustard sauce. Just put that over. Just a little bit of water in the bottle to get the.
Speaker 6: I love a bit of water, but when you water down, oh my god, add water to meat and it is the best.
Speaker 3: The dregs in the bottom of the b s.
Speaker 5: LT's bacon and then water.
Speaker 7: Well, so the boss has just texted me I've cooked corn beef twice this year, and I love.
Speaker 3: It, So there you go. It's official.
Speaker 6: It's offecial because Sue the Boss likes corn beat.
Speaker 5: Now you might be getting a silk pillowcase.
Speaker 4: It was recommended to me because I have a problem where when I wake up in the morning, my hair's all frizzy and I come in here.
Speaker 5: Everybody though they get badhead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but don't you think mine gets extra volume? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Over the last couple of weeks, yes, every day it was getting bigger and bigger, where I actually start looking like Marge Simpson's actually what you'd have to duck.
Speaker 5: Your head because of the big half of you his hair.
Speaker 4: And I don't notice it until in the house I watched. But it's something's different, honestly about what I see in the mirror and then what I see on the Instagram videos of this show, and I see it from a side aggirle, It's like, whoa, that's a there's a lot coming out at the top of there. So then I get to the point where I start wearing a cap. Then you guys make fun of me and being a little bass boy ball baseball boy. And I was saying this to somebody on Wednesday night at the TENA event, and she said, oh, you have to get your self a silk pillow There's something about the cotton that disturbs the hair during the night, but the silk let's the hair seit nicely, doesn't agitate the hair, and you'll wake up and now it was just like it was the night before.
Speaker 6: So I know some of them have silk pillowcases because I believe it's also better for his skin. You don't get wrinkly skin if you have a silk someone's recommended to me, and I was like, I'm fifty one.
Speaker 5: That's a lot. Like it's too late.
Speaker 6: All the silk worm in the world can't whine about this cock anymore. The damage has been done. Give me a cheap of cotton pillow case. It's okay, Caitlin, what do you know about if you've got a silk pillowcase.
Speaker 11: I do have a silk pillow case, and I got it for exactly that reason. The hair and the skin. So silk doesn't like taking the moisture, so no moistures held in it.
Speaker 5: Where does it go?
Speaker 6: No moisture is held in this pillow case overnight, it goes into Patty's corn bed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what do you mean though? Tell me the science.
Speaker 11: So, silk does not absorb moist like cotton does, meaning it helps keep like the hair and all the natural oils in the hair rather than on your pillow. And then that if you've got a cotton pillow all of that moisture, then over the day that you're not laying in bed, it kind of creates all bacteria and then you can put your face back on it again the next night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you convinced me that is it.
Speaker 6: I'm going to cane hot today. Silk pillow cases.
Speaker 3: I believe they do.
Speaker 7: But if you go to like a bed bathroom beyond, I've been meaning to get one as well. You can also get a bonnet all these sleeps, because she's got here like you really curly. You can get like a Florence Nightingale bonnet.
Speaker 5: This is the thing.
Speaker 6: Will happily buy you a bonnet if you wear it in one morning on the show.
Speaker 4: This is the other thing that this Kerry who told me about the silk pillows mentioned the bonnet. She said it's like a swimming cap made out of silk. Yeah, and then Rio over standing with his he already takes a sea pat machine to bed, wrapping himself with a silk bonnet as well.
Speaker 5: He's actually dressing up to go to bed.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian just hear he hearing Patsy talk about corn beef. I'm transport back to the eighties and the horror opening up my pack lunch at school, finding that that day I had the dreaded corn beef sandwiches. These things sky you for life. Corner Patsy and a man in Wyndham Vale on the supermarket. It's cool to have corned beef.
Speaker 5: Now. This is an interesting story.
Speaker 6: After the Olivia Rodrigo concert, a couple got passionate, had a cuddle in a stairwell and accidentally dislodged a sprinkler that caused the flooding for two stations. Flagstaff and Melbourne Central.
Speaker 9: Police are on the hunt for this pair after two city railway stations had to be evacuated because of flooding. They're accused of accessing a stairwell connecting platforms, damaging a water pipe and a fire sprinkler, the flow on effect causing significant delays.
Speaker 6: I mean a lot must have I mean the emotions must have been very big at.
Speaker 5: That Olivia Rodrigo concert.
Speaker 6: And then the Victorian Transport Minister had to do this press comments because at first they thought it was vandalism and then they've obviously someone's job. They've been watching the footage of this and seeing that wed a minute, these aren't vandals, these are lovers.
Speaker 12: Initial reports were that it was an active vandalism. I've been advised that it would appear that an amorous couple you know, steerwell dislodged the spring cloth PEPs a sea where may not be an a perfect place to find yourself at the end of a you.
Speaker 5: Know, please are investigating what are so?
Speaker 6: Perhaps what would the police be doing? Will they prosecute them for an act of love?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: What the charge would be caught for an act of love?
Speaker 7: Would they be done for criminal damage? Because like it was really bad.
Speaker 3: They had to shut down the people trying.
Speaker 5: To get home also from the same concert.
Speaker 3: Diabolical.
Speaker 4: But can you put your hand up and say it was an accident if you're in the throes of passion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, or would they be up.
Speaker 4: For Yeah, you're probably not allowed to do it in the stairwell either are you.
Speaker 3: Would you do it like?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 6: Also, I just kind of think, no matter how how amateus you were feeling. Stairwell in one of Melbourne's stations danks smelly, so whole.
Speaker 4: So echoey.
Speaker 5: It's an open one. Yes, what do you mean like the other people come?
Speaker 7: It wasn't like, you know, the center of a building where there's doors and it's sort of hidden away. It's like you could walk around the area and this it was kind of like under a staircase.
Speaker 5: That was.
Speaker 13: That was.
Speaker 6: I've seen the cc TV if youve seen the footage they go on. They go under the stairwell, right. They're there for a short one and obviously then the springs again in October. The first thing sees like gushing water everywhere. Then the old mate takes off real quick.
Speaker 4: He's out of there quick is that?
Speaker 6: Then she's like a couple of seconds behind her, but he is out there looking absolutely terrified.
Speaker 5: It's an incredible story.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: And was in year twelve.
Speaker 6: She started her first VC exam yesterday and today is her last actual day at school.
Speaker 5: It is muck up Friday, and yesterday we heard the chat.
Speaker 6: I was like, you've come so far, put so much money into this edu, please have a good day. She was like, oh, we might have a class champagne for we go to school or so everyone else is doing. I went, you've come so far, please And obviously it's just I know there's gonna be a lot of excitement today. And some boys go real like ruined their education two years ago at her school. I think two kids actually got thrown out school. You're in the last few weeks. I had to go to another school and repeat year twelve. Did something really really bad, and I get everyone gets a bit carried away. And so she had five her mates staining last night and they were loved actually, but I was like, just enjoy yourself.
Speaker 5: But you're almost there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're almost.
Speaker 5: You also got exams to do as well.
Speaker 4: That was the threat. That's why they smartly put the exams after the last day of school, was because they had the threat of well, if you do anything on make up days, you know, coming to sit your school.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so there, so did you have You must have had my cup day in that where you allowed.
Speaker 4: To houses so watered down because of that. You heard heroic stories of years gone by. But by the time we got there, all we did was dress up date.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well though some football clubs that's problematics.
Speaker 5: Did you have make up? Yeah, we didn't have.
Speaker 7: That fan had a massive one and it was actually really bad because a group of the boys had gone to yeah, had gone to the local car wreckords and got this body of this you know, burnt out old Ford Falcon and made it. It had like a front end collision and made it look like it smashed into our common room and like they take a kind of Yeah, they went to so much trouble and they really got in trouble for soaring off the goalposts on.
Speaker 3: The over.
Speaker 5: Eighties teen movie.
Speaker 3: It was wild.
Speaker 6: I mean it was taking ages to saw off one of those gold yeah and Fraten somebody that falls.
Speaker 5: The wrong way?
Speaker 14: Wild?
Speaker 5: You were trying to soar anything. It takes ages to Blake gets jammed in it. Also what Yeah, you're right, what is the actual.
Speaker 2: Point The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 6: Podcast, Christian, I don't want to I'm sad to you today, but my schoolar muck up Day one. The guy who's got a pig's head from the butcher's sister boys, isn't it and hid it in the school's roof over the summer rotten the next year when they got about those maggots everywhere. I actually think I know my daughter pretty well, Shane getting a pigs head and doing that very squeamish, oughtly she wasn't squeamish, not saying she wouldn't do it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Let's get into this week's Naked Hour every Friday, the last hour the show.
Speaker 5: From it, you pick all the music, we give you a theme.
Speaker 4: Christian, We've got no songs for the whole hour.
Speaker 15: O nig.
Speaker 16: Nick nig nig naked our Naked Hour. Oh nick nke egg nig nigg naked our Naked Hour.
Speaker 6: This morning on the Friday show. Then a whole hour of power big songs with you in the title.
Speaker 5: Jack, will we also accept your.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think anything and your mule.
Speaker 5: What a lot about you?
Speaker 4: The abbreviation of you will thank you for the heart duel as in the Christmas Christmas.
Speaker 6: Your time Log just as well, Otherwise some of them would get confused.
Speaker 5: Nine four one four one o four three song titles with you or your in the title Patsy, what do you think we have to play today?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, get off with Inexcess, Need you tonight? You know that's been covered by country singer Bonnie Rait. I can't say it was a bit of version.
Speaker 3: However, I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I've been covered by twenty ray.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not worth looking. As I listened to it last night, it was dreadful.
Speaker 6: Bit of a sad old swipe and us Sarah's come on a pop.
Speaker 4: Anything nice to say anything all.
Speaker 7: We're not missing anything by not listening to that off the Kick album twenty million, twenty million copies.
Speaker 6: I remember, buy my copy that brilliant album as well. Awesome, awesome, bad Jackie boy, what are you going for with you? And the title I've gone.
Speaker 4: For the dandy warholes Bohemian like you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, my yeah, great bad for the late ninety two thousands, good live as well.
Speaker 5: You never heard the Osaya cover this? It's such a god life, you ass.
Speaker 6: I love this album Thirteen Towns from Bohemia.
Speaker 5: I think it was.
Speaker 4: This is a great, great song.
Speaker 6: This is a I saw my friend. I'm not sure whether this is a Friday song or a Sunday song or a seven day week song.
Speaker 5: Milli Vanilli girl.
Speaker 6: You know it's true. You listen to that remix.
Speaker 7: That was such an exposing extravagance, and when they came out.
Speaker 6: And it was an exposing extravagan.
Speaker 5: So I thought an exposed was a bad thing.
Speaker 6: You have like an Easter extravaganza, don't you, but not an exposed Remember that though.
Speaker 4: The lip syncing, I thought everyone lip thinks.
Speaker 5: Now they do? They do? Patty does it every day with the news.
Speaker 4: Bonnie Ray didn't really do that.
Speaker 6: There is no Bonnie raids a I uh. And also listen the Kinks You Really Got.
Speaker 1: Me Christian O'Connell show Podcast Songs with You in the title that's who We're looking for to play a whole Arrolvum picked by you from eight this Morning on.
Speaker 6: Nine four one four one o four three see Lo Green and the radio version Forget You. This is a vert as is love really hurts without you? Billy Oshan, What do.
Speaker 5: You want to hear this morning from A or nine four one four one o four three with you in the title good morning to Brenda.
Speaker 15: Good morning guys, Happy Friday to you all, and.
Speaker 5: Happy Friday to you Brendon. What would you love us to play? Mate?
Speaker 15: What about the anthem by Queen we will rock you?
Speaker 5: Big song.
Speaker 6: Screens Friday. I love it, Brandon, great song, good idea, Thank you very much. Have a lovely weekend you two Bye bye, Liz, Good morning, Liz.
Speaker 17: Good morning, good morning, Happy Friday. Love you guys, pleas I've got you took me all night long by a day Yo.
Speaker 6: Great song, Lizzie, Thank you very much. We might be playing that unil next hour. Let's go now to Steve.
Speaker 5: Morning, Steve, good morning game.
Speaker 15: May I be the first to say Merry Christmas to all?
Speaker 6: No, No, Steve, this trend we do not need.
Speaker 15: Sorry you mentioned you mentioned it once before, just a little bit beforehand. Christian, le are you make me? Doesn't get played enough?
Speaker 6: What a great I love this, Steve, great idea.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. Have a lovely weekend. Lia good morning.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello.
Speaker 13: How are you going? Alica?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: And what song can we play you?
Speaker 10: We've got the world's best karaoke song.
Speaker 13: You give love a bad.
Speaker 6: Name, reverb like Jackie bon that very good pipes.
Speaker 5: Love it, Thank you very much, and let's squeeze in. Marcus. Good morning, Marcus.
Speaker 18: Morning, Christian's jacko.
Speaker 5: Are we all good?
Speaker 6: Can. I did say, Marcus, it's lovely that I've actually been allowed to speak to you because I think you called the show two days ago and Jack bard you for having a story that had too much mayhem in I heard.
Speaker 18: The follow up on that one.
Speaker 5: Christian. He's very direct, he's very done with this Fema. I'm going to rename you mayhem. Marcus.
Speaker 4: Make you agree it was a chaotic story. We've don't I'm scared you're going to start telling you now nice time is alive.
Speaker 5: There's nothing you can do. He's broken free from the bouncer. No, it's all good.
Speaker 14: It's all good.
Speaker 18: But I was calling up just to say, are you going to be my girl?
Speaker 5: By jet? Would be good? Be my girl.
Speaker 6: Has to be played. This is a print track Marcus. Thank you very much, and enjoy the mayhem over the weekend.
Speaker 18: Thank you guys, you too.
Speaker 2: By the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: In about ten minutes time, we're making a phone call to somebody whose life will change. In that phone call, we all get to hear them try and process the life shattering and changing news that they've just won a five point eight million dollar brand new, fully furnished home in Camberwell, they're winning the big Royal Melbourne Hospital home loss with grand prize. So it's five point eight million dollar brand you fully furnished home and fifty thousand dollars in gold. There's no way you can process that in a couple of seconds. There's so much confusion. Denial, I think is the most thing we and week first of all. But anyway, all we have is that a name and a phone number. I was just saying, a jack right now, whoever this person is that we're Are they at work at the gym? Are they doing the school run? Right now? The whole course of their life is about to alter in one phone call that we it's kind of amazing that we get to do this, that we all get to hear somebody's life change. So anyway, make sure you stick around ten minutes time we're doing that. Before that, we need some songs for the next hour. Songs with you in the title, like never going to Give You Up? Rick Assley, you get what you give New Radicals.
Speaker 14: WHI or without you?
Speaker 5: Cardie Simon, You're so vain? Are all Bregan Simons?
Speaker 2: Your song?
Speaker 6: And then someone who's coming in on the show, actually he's playing vic racing as well.
Speaker 5: Ronan keating were the look on your fist and tug me love.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's not the clip that's me, no, no no. When he cues in, I'm hoping that we can become the two Ronans.
Speaker 19: Me.
Speaker 5: You remember this and that's a great song.
Speaker 6: Don't show you man, wedding a wedding when beautiful road, Oh my god, it takes it to the breach pro Simon, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: I've got two of them for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: The first one is.
Speaker 15: Don't You Forget About Me?
Speaker 19: I simple wines, good hate song.
Speaker 5: This is a big Friday song. What's your other one?
Speaker 4: On?
Speaker 5: Simon? You got two? There?
Speaker 15: The other one?
Speaker 1: Who is emty hammers?
Speaker 15: You can't touch this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 5: Thanks mate, that's the one. You gotta make it. Thanks. They give us half a little pounds back. Thank you very much, Boss Simon. Have a lovely weekends. Let's go to work Greg, Greg, what do we have to play here? I am I thank you? Greg?
Speaker 15: Damn you better you better you bet from the who.
Speaker 5: You better you bet? You say?
Speaker 6: We have a show of these songs you Bradio band.
Speaker 5: Great song as well. Greg, Thanks you calm. I have a great weekends, all right.
Speaker 6: Then when we come back, we begin the Hour of Power Songs with you in the title picked by you, and we make the phone call that changes somebody's life.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: No Idea. What's about to happen?
Speaker 6: If this goes well, someone picks up a phone and we tell them that they have won the five point eight million dollar grand Prize and the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home Lottery Big Draw and they get fifty thousand dollars in gold. Jack, do not let me forget to tell them about the gold and might get caught up the whole five point eight million dollar fully furnished Matt's a home.
Speaker 4: Do you want some sort of symbol for gold bags?
Speaker 5: No, don't do that.
Speaker 6: That's side cans of gold. Like I said, we don't know what's about to happen. Everyone's very excited. You should be excited. We're excited. Or we have is a phone number and a name. The rest of it we're about to find out. That is if they pick up. So if your phone starts this is live. If the if your phone starts ringing right now, it could be us with.
Speaker 5: A phone call that is going to change somebody's life. Jackie, boy, are you ready?
Speaker 4: I've triple checked the phone number. You're ready for me to press style?
Speaker 5: All right, let's do it. Let's change somebody's life. Here we go, no answer?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hello, Hello? Hello? Is this Julie? Yes, it is Julie.
Speaker 6: You're live and gold. My name is Christian O'Connell. Hello, Christian, Hello Julie.
Speaker 5: Julie.
Speaker 6: Do you remember entering the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lottery draw?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've won a prize.
Speaker 10: Okay, that's lovely.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's lovely to win a prize, Judy, isn't it?
Speaker 10: It's lovely to win a prize.
Speaker 5: Have you ever entered it before, Julie.
Speaker 10: Yes, my husband and I entered. I sometimes entered on my own and sometimes my husband interests without telling me.
Speaker 6: And have you ever won an the prizes before? Because there are loads of different prizes you can win. There's like thousands of different prizes.
Speaker 10: Ah. Yes, we've won a little digital camera or something many many years ago.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, hell, it's lucky to win a distal camera. That's great. Well you've won You've won a great prize this time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, Okay, you've.
Speaker 6: Won the big prize. You've won the five point eight million dollar home.
Speaker 10: I don't believe you're no, no.
Speaker 5: No, yes, yes, yes, you are the big winner.
Speaker 10: My gosh, I feel seek.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 10: Oh my husband's not even here.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, don't tell him, don't tell him. Just move out.
Speaker 10: Oh my god. We looked at that online and said, oh my god, that's so so beautiful, so beautiful at a beautiful home.
Speaker 6: It is right, Julie, Jack and I have been there your new home. It is amazing.
Speaker 5: It's you're huge.
Speaker 6: It's a beautifully fully furnished palace. You got the eternity pool, this huge kitchen that's about the size of the mcg. I think there's two ovens. They're a massive fridge. It's like a walking fridge.
Speaker 4: Don't forget about the gold.
Speaker 5: Oh, you'requite right setting me. Oh and you also won fifty thousand dollars in gold.
Speaker 10: Christian. This is this is just this is just not real. I just can't believe. I can't believe it. I know I'm on radio.
Speaker 5: And you're doing very well.
Speaker 6: It's it's it's Judy, it's a it's a huge prize. It's it's life changing. There's always going to be you before this call you and your husband, and now whatever you do next, it's incredible new.
Speaker 5: So how long you've been, guys, been married? You've been together a while?
Speaker 10: Oh, yes, twenty years. And yes, I'm just about to go get ready to go to work. And I said I was going to be a little bit late because of the rain. But I'm still going to go to work, of course.
Speaker 6: And Juliet, if you don't want to know, you don't have to, because obviously there's a lot going on right now.
Speaker 5: What is work for you?
Speaker 10: What do you do, Julie, I'm I'm a consultant. I work pretty much part time.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I.
Speaker 10: Work for a lot, a very beautiful company, very very beautiful. And you know what, I still will continue working because I really really love the people and my job.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But what I don't have to worry about anymore is that that mortgage.
Speaker 5: Yes, and a very different Christmas.
Speaker 6: You can buy all the presents out of your fifty thousand dollars worth of gold. You can buy buy the Christmas presents in gold.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes I can. Yes, my daughter will be disturbing the moon. I don't know how I'm actually going to tell them.
Speaker 6: Really, it's going to take you all quite a long time actually to process this, Christian.
Speaker 5: The most important thing is congratulations.
Speaker 6: You genuinely are the winner, and so you win this five point eight million dollar Matt Say Home.
Speaker 5: You've already obviously had a look at the video.
Speaker 6: It is a beautiful, fully homes fully furnished time and you get fifty thousand dollars in gold, and you haven't even told your husband yet. I've just realized. So only only you know right now.
Speaker 10: Only I know, yes, and many parts of more than I would expect.
Speaker 5: Right away. There are people leaves dropping right now.
Speaker 6: But congratulations, thank you. I love the fact you're still going to keep up your job that it means that much to you. That's lovely to hear.
Speaker 10: Yes, it is. People need to have a purpose, Christian, So this will not change from well who knows?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, that's how you feel right now. You only found out three minutes ago. We call you. In a week's time, there's been some change.
Speaker 4: When the alarm goes off Monday morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you now own that consultancy company. You are a consultancy company, all right, right, yes, hey, listen, Julie we'll let you tell your family now, but congratulations. Thank you for being a great winner, and thanks for speaking to us as well.
Speaker 10: Thank you very much. Thank you everyone, The.
Speaker 8: Christian Connell Show podcast Christian Want a Lovely Lady.
Speaker 6: Congratulations to Judy for winning. I'd entered it wasn't me, but I loved hearing Judy. Hello to Judy. Judy is having a heart operation tomorrow. Do you remember a couple of weeks ago she called the show, was You're in the finals? Mad Bulldogs fan? Her dog who died eight years ago, came back as a Facebook memory. She thought it was a sign that the dog is going to win and you one of the washing machine a couple of weeks I remember she has her big heart operation tomorrow. Just taking moment today in the hospital, getting ready for tomorrow's big operation to Tay.
Speaker 5: Congratulations to Judy. Judy, good luck.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow as well for your big operation, and I hopefully we can hear from you next week.
Speaker 5: Jack saw a legend yesterday.
Speaker 4: Speaking of football players, I saw Dyson Heppel in the flesh.
Speaker 5: The Jackie boy is a big Bombers fan.
Speaker 4: Huge Bombs fan. I respect what he did for that club during the hardest period in the club's history, during that drug scandal, and he stuck true with the Bombers. Never got us to a final, never got us to a finals win, never got us to a.
Speaker 5: Great he still showed up.
Speaker 4: He showed up, he was gave everything his heart and sould to that club. Now, I don't have a great track record for when I bump into somebody I like a love. I find it hard to find the words.
Speaker 5: But on, so, have you ever seen famously before? And we've got a bit of the old Bobby mumble. Yes.
Speaker 4: I saw the lead singer of a band called The Vines who I love my teenage years, and I said, I went up to said you're the lead singer of the Violence, to which he said yes. And that was the terrible oprah Jack and I wish I had said, well, I loved your band, and I didn't get a chance to thank him. I was so proud of what I said today. Yesterday I just walked up to Dyson and said, hey, Dyson, don't want to bother you, just want to say thank you for your career at Essenon and then I said goodbye and shook his hand.
Speaker 5: May that's such a classy thing to do. You would have made his day.
Speaker 4: I drove away thinking, you know what, I didn't bumble my words. I didn't hang around too long and make him have an awkward conversation with him. I got what I needed to say, thank you, and departed.
Speaker 5: What did he say?
Speaker 4: He said thanks? He said thank you, thank you for the thanks.
Speaker 3: You should have got a selfie.
Speaker 5: No, she happens the moment.
Speaker 4: I didn't. I wanted it to be. I didn't it hardly wanted him to. Wasn't about moving, he was crossing a road. I didn't even want him to lose any time in his stay.
Speaker 6: What you did there was far classier than ask him for a selfish, because you'd always remember that story. If it was a selfie, you then think that was a pain. Actually, you know, and they not see you look at that selfie. You've seen their eyes. They don't really want to be doing the selfie. Okay, so this morning, want to know, speaking to famous people, what did you say? Nine four one four one o four three. You ever gone up to anyone you really, my Patsy, anyone's famous. You've seen out and about and said anything?
Speaker 7: I did, Well, I went up to I went to some theater event and John Wood from Blue Heelers was there, and I really regretted going up to him because he was he was not happy.
Speaker 6: This is a second what i'd called sour story from ago. You were moaning about a musician. Now it's a poor old legend. He didn't like silver Stream. Maybe he just having a bad day. He might have been having a really bad day patch.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was. But I got the eye roll, and I said, I'm sorry to trouble you.
Speaker 5: That's eye roll, Patsy. You're lucky don't get a front kicked to throat.
Speaker 3: But I felt, I know what you're saying, Jack about the selfie.
Speaker 7: It's like, I really regretted doing it because you do feel awkward.
Speaker 5: You probably said hey, I.
Speaker 7: Just said, hey, John, I love your work. And he really didn't want to be bothered.
Speaker 4: He just it's a lovely thing to have, he said, an event like a did you say it was in the red?
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on, you're bothering him at a home or doorstep in him.
Speaker 7: I don't know whether he expected me to shove a mic in his face and say why didn't you win the gold Line Drop?
Speaker 3: No, it was not. It was only half time.
Speaker 4: We haven't heard John side of the story yet.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 6: Podcast time wasted coming up in five minutes time right now. Your encounters with fame with celebrities, what did you say to them? On nine four one four one O four three Jack did a classy thing yesterday saw Dyson Heppel Jackson Mega bombs fan and actually just thanked him for his time at the club.
Speaker 5: I think that is a lovely thing to do.
Speaker 4: Goddim while he was walking. He didn't even have to break stride, shook his hand, thanked him. Goodbye.
Speaker 6: Uh Leanne. Who did you meet? Where did you meet John bon Jovi?
Speaker 13: I've met him?
Speaker 19: If he's times?
Speaker 13: Were actually on a cruise in the Bahamas with him?
Speaker 4: Is this before he's famous?
Speaker 13: And nine in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: Was he playing on it? Yes, John Buncho used to doing gigs and a cruise.
Speaker 6: You'd have thought he's coined enhing did not have to slum it on a cruise doing three gigs a day to the old timers there half cup playing coits.
Speaker 13: Yes, No, he did two cruisers and one went to the Mediterranean and one was to the Bahamas.
Speaker 6: Wow, And so would you see him like on the cruise ship or was he in his own private.
Speaker 13: Quarters like a meet and great as well? Wow, no co And of course I had had a couple of cocktails because it was you know, Paul, And when it was time for me to meet him, I had actually had bongs on and it broke when I walked up to him and I said, John, I broke my tongue And what.
Speaker 5: Did What did John say to that?
Speaker 13: He just said, You're from Australia, ain't you.
Speaker 4: I've met your life before.
Speaker 5: Lene.
Speaker 13: Thank you very much your story name I thank you John.
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 18: Yes, good morning.
Speaker 6: John, welcome to the show. What's your story about me to someone famous? What did you say?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 18: So I was doing an extra work on a Robin Winning movie called Father's Day. It was a small film with Billy Crystal.
Speaker 5: I've seen the movie.
Speaker 18: Yes. So we were doing a VIP section scene and he was around and I just pulled out my hand and I'm Greek and I just I don't know what came over. Move And I said in Greek tikkanis meaning hello, and he responded in Greek saying hello, buddy stool.
Speaker 5: I love this story. He's the master of improv. He rolled with it, he.
Speaker 18: Wrote, and I was lown away.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 18: I was so nervous, and he responded, So I was away.
Speaker 5: What a great what a sweet story you've got there, John. I love that.
Speaker 18: It's a good party started for all my friends.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Wow, the parties with John.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's the Robin Williams on again, John, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast Heavy Friday.
Speaker 6: On the show the last hour of the Hour of Power, you pick all the songs, we give you a theme we call the Naked Hour. Today I've been picking songs with you and the title you two with or Without You. Christian O'Connell show on Gold on the Time Waste today. Pair of tickets go and see Kai even know she's back bringing her Attention tour to Rod Laver Arena February early next year. Thurstat the twentieth and Friday the twenty first. Tickets are on sound out Frontier Touring dot Com.
Speaker 5: Today, I'm a time wasted. I'm actually worried how this is.
Speaker 18: Going to go.
Speaker 4: You've been giddy today.
Speaker 6: I'm giddy, but I'm very protective about my king. Whereas you locals are he's hey, he's our king too?
Speaker 4: Wow, king too?
Speaker 6: Is he showing some love? All he's getting is a slide show on the of Sydney Harbor. That's what he's getting, the opera house and probably some booze.
Speaker 5: Can Charles flies in tonight.
Speaker 6: I bet he's landing at night, safer for him.
Speaker 5: I feel like telling him. They don't.
Speaker 6: They don't want you to turn around. You're gonna have a tough couple of days. Are you excited about him coming? Patsy not really really going down a mood today.
Speaker 5: He's actually making you happy.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not at all. You asked me a question. I don't particularly No.
Speaker 5: Have you been working on that banner?
Speaker 6: You know everyone's been encouraged to go and say hello, and Tuesday Patsy's going to go home and take the other stinking palm Christian with you.
Speaker 7: If it was the Queen, I would be. If it was Diana or I absolutely would have been.
Speaker 5: She's passed away something.
Speaker 4: But for the episode of the Crown yet sorry spoiler alert.
Speaker 7: But Charles and Camilan, No, I mean I'm a bit dark on the fact that she's Queen.
Speaker 6: Need you just went all three w it's not sour pus f M. Five surprising facts about King Charles. I can't get the vibe bubble game. These are made up lies. Really shame on you, Rio the Republican. One of the callers calls you that yesterday, Rio the Republican, the king sleeps in the news.
Speaker 5: How do we know someone bursting at night pulled out the covers and got his naked.
Speaker 7: He would not be naked. He'd have like satin pajamas with a little bonnet on his head.
Speaker 5: Eric right, okay, and sour mate.
Speaker 6: Someone in a pub that's always he loves eggs and used to host whiskey and eggs parties.
Speaker 5: These are just this is made up. He must say he's got two left feet, he's got no eyes back with another egg one.
Speaker 6: It's very particular about his eggs, and allegedly asked for seven sop all eggs to be served.
Speaker 5: So we can pick us two favorites. And he's a big great day. So he got a little player says he for the fly over.
Speaker 6: Kings walking away from Australia and ungrateful Localskay.
Speaker 5: In my bed tonight naked anyway, today's time wings. So we're looking for royal songs.
Speaker 6: Royal songs, kings can only get better. Oh that's good gold, the winds are beneath my wings. Oh very good gold, seven Coronation Army, Silver, not girls on film, Earl's on film. And what a great song, Christopher, Lady in red. But of course when it comes to oyals, lady and bread.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jack, what have you got to move on quickly?
Speaker 4: Daft punk are excited about the king coming? Yeah, get Chucky's gold, sweet throne Alabama, No bronze. Then you weren't like better be thrown soon.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not bad.
Speaker 5: That's not bad. It's the wrong kind of softballed egg.
Speaker 4: And the sex pistols and anarchy in the UK. Monarchy in the.
Speaker 8: UK you knew Christian Connell Show podcast, Christian Dos King Charles have a limit on duty free alcohol we can bring into Australia.
Speaker 6: And thank you very much. All right, started down the time way, sir. We're looking for your royal songs.
Speaker 8: Smells like queen spirit gold, but don't carry kinging in the name of.
Speaker 6: Glenn, I love that one. You can stand under my Camilla Illa Amy Prince.
Speaker 5: You've been gone gold. The first egg is the softest Adam. That is really good.
Speaker 4: He loves eggs.
Speaker 6: Gold Man, I feel like a baron promised getting Lizzie with it.
Speaker 5: Gold Own, That's very good.
Speaker 6: Eugenie in a bottle, Silva, who let the Corgies out?
Speaker 5: Wolf Wolf Gold, Earls just want to have fun.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 6: I'm Melinda, Kelly grug Marder's hip. I see you baby shaking that palace. Gold justin, well done, crazy little king called love Gold. Everybody wants to rule the Commonwealth. Goldhead of world, very good. Richard smells like king Spirit Silba. I kissed an earl and I liked it. Gold plus well done, melt some very good royal songs today.
Speaker 5: Who's the best? Then? Who's off to see? Currently?
Speaker 4: Let's give it to mel well done. I kiss the earl and I like this.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Tell her to Lynn.
Speaker 6: Listen to us in Ireland right now on the iHeart platform, Christian. What are the Irish Odds? Good evening from Ireland. I'm in bed, listen to you guys on the app and my all time favorite you two song comes on with or without you?
Speaker 5: What are the Irish Odds? Shoes Jack, it's hues.
Speaker 6: You know it maybe might not drawn on you right now, but I guarantee suddenly at two am this morning, like bloody, he was right, Irish man, what Irish the Irish odd slantcher Lynn have a great weekend, all right, so Bloody Yeah, we've run out of time. Sadly we hear mart this break to talk about the differences between a lord a duke and but let's banck that for Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 6: It's always good to have to look forward to on the big show on Monday. You know, when you wake up Monday, you're like, oh, oh, duke Lord Chat.
Speaker 5: Is going to be on Monday Show. But we have with some good news.
Speaker 6: We always give away one thousand dollars thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick proudly Melbourne, family owned and operated for the best caller and story we've have each week, and it's actually going to be Rob.
Speaker 19: Hello, Christian, how are you Rob?
Speaker 5: We're giving you a call of the week. You win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 19: Oh my god, thank you so much. It was a bit of a blast recounting that story and thanks to Gold FM and the rest of your crew, that thousand bucks would come in handy thank you.
Speaker 5: It's a very funny story.
Speaker 6: We're talking about street parents and your sister snuck out to see David Bowie without telling mom and dad, and they reacted so strongly they moved you five hundred k's Was it away to a different place?
Speaker 19: Yes, yes, And in the meantime it happened around school holidays. I was working for my uncle in another town. I just got the phone call saying, don't come back to Wellington, we're moving to Taupo. So we moved to Calpo and then I my friends thought I was dead.
Speaker 5: This story. We didn't have this part of it the other day.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 19: And it wasn't until like New Zealand's equivalent of schooling and they tuned up and cowfu and saw me, you know, like holy shit, your.
Speaker 1: Pets from the.
Speaker 5: Well Rob.
Speaker 6: Congratulations, thanks for sharing your story with us and enjoy spending your one thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Mate, have a nice weekend.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you too, have a great weekend. Thank you.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast