Speaker 1: There's Go.
Speaker 2: My name is Brady Drake.
Speaker 1: There's Go. She is massive on TikTok, over eleven million followers, named the Australian TikTok Creator of the Year, and she is Brady Drake. We have a live in the studio now.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning, Oh my god. I have so many questions.
Speaker 3: First of all, I know it can get really hectic and overwhelming, but.
Speaker 1: Amy is also an influencer.
Speaker 2: No are you in the grand scheme of things? Even million crazy?
Speaker 3: And I can't even go to a local westfield without being stopped, mostly by mums because it's a lot of mum content.
Speaker 2: Well it used to be. I can't imagine. Can you even walk down the street without being stopped?
Speaker 4: Actually not really anymore, which is crazy, Like I can't even comprehend it. I just because I'm a girl from woy Woy and I'm like, what people actually watch me?
Speaker 1: So Central Coast, New South Wales. Tell us how it all started? Then? I mean, eleven million followers And it wasn't on purpose, was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was it just organic. It just happened accidentally.
Speaker 4: Back in twenty nine, I just posted a video and it went viral and I got hooked. I love making videos, so I turned my hobby into my career.
Speaker 1: When it was the first video, I was.
Speaker 4: Me and my best friend Jinny, and I kind of lied in the video, probably shouldn't have. I was like, she's from South Korea and I'm from Australia and we traveled the world together.
Speaker 2: She lived an hour away from me. But it went viral so good, and it was like my career was built off a line.
Speaker 4: And I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: I had I did a video and same thing probably around twenty nineteen as well, went viral, and it was literally like me taking the piss.
Speaker 2: It was this thing that I had thought up of, like why don't you dress really nice at home? Because obviously I'm a home.
Speaker 3: With three kids under the age of four, so I look like garbage every day. And it was just me taking the piss out of like cleaning the toilets and bringing.
Speaker 2: In the washing but dressed up. And it got like nineteen million.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's just so good. Random videos just go viral and then that's it. You put on the map.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you can't really pick it right.
Speaker 4: No, I just brought my personality into every video. And people were like, oh, she's kind of cool. Sometimes it's so real and relatable. Yeah, I've how to look at your videos.
Speaker 3: And then didn't you kind of get even more traction when you started doing up old homes?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I went to the outback Broken Hill and started renovating homes with my dad twenty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so why outback Broken Hill?
Speaker 4: Well, my mum is actually from the outback, and so I did a little trip out there and I was like, I love this place. And now, funny enough is like I go out there to retreat and to like rEFInd myself because like city life gets a bit too hectic sometimes, so I'm like, Broken Hill is my safe place.
Speaker 3: Did it ever start becoming a little bit too much? Because I know when you do grow so quickly and rapidly, and all of these offers and these opportunities come for you and you want to kind of jump on them because you're like maybe they won't come around a second time.
Speaker 2: But then, did you ever feel like pressure to constantly show up online? And did that have a toll on you at any time?
Speaker 4: It wasn't necessarily like pressure to make videos. I love that and I'll do that for the rest of my life. It was more so I got a lot of anxiety through it because I didn't know how to handle it. I feel at home by myself with my phone, and then I've kind of just been like shoved into the spotlight and I didn't know how to handle it properly, and so I got a lot of anxiety from that.
Speaker 1: Was that the comments and dms and stuff. Is that nasty stuff you were getting?
Speaker 2: There was?
Speaker 4: But I also have the best online community in the world, so I just stick to my own followers on like, I'm not reading anyone else unless they know me.
Speaker 2: It's just like going everywhere and being recognized.
Speaker 4: I felt like I didn't know how to handle that at first, yep, But now I've kind of I've kind of got my grasp on it, and I love it. It's the best thing.
Speaker 3: Tell us about this docu series that you're doing with Stan What is it? Just? Is it about your life and what you've got going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called pure average.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much behind the scene, look onto how to navigate a world that I kind of got shoved into in the best way possible. So it's behind I just let people in a little bit deeper and closer, and it talks about self worth and body image. And you know, I go through a little bit of a heartbreak on the on the show as well, and you don't see his face. But then directly after the show finished, I met a lovely, sweet, beautiful man who I'm dating. Now.
Speaker 3: Okay, so my key has a few videos that he's been putting up on his socials, right, we just want to get your feedback on how he could potentially improve.
Speaker 2: Does he have what it takes to become an influencer.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've been a radio guy in my life, right, so this this stuff doesn't come naturally to me. This is me swimming.
Speaker 2: Fisherman and he's been caught. Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 4: I think you're the next You're the next big thing.
Speaker 2: To him. I need your autograph before I leave. Please that it's terrible.
Speaker 1: I love your lies, Brian. You can see a being herself. No lies, pure average is out now only on stand.
Speaker 2: Thank you for coming in, Thank you so much for having me