Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload, the podcast last week that might welcome back Guys to TV Reload. As you may know, my name is Benjamin Norris and this is your podcast to get all the inside goss on the popular TV shows that you may be.
Speaker 2: Watching from around the world.
Speaker 1: Undeniably, our TV sets are a major part of our home entertainment, and yet very little is known about how our favorite shows get made. So each episode, I've been finding the guests that want to dive just that little bit deeper into the shows that they're currently making so that you can hear all their exclusive stories and gain access to the biggest names in Australian television. I want to thank you for downloading or subscribing to this podcast however you've found me.
Speaker 2: I love hearing your feedback.
Speaker 1: So make sure you leave a review or a comment on your chosen podcast platform. On today's podcast, I have Luke, Wesley and Ben who are Network ten's latest bachelors. All three had their hard launch last night on Network ten and Guys. While a lot of viewers had lost their love of this franchise, I'm here to tell you that this season is better than any other season I've seen of this show before. Our bachelor's all joined Beyond the podcast last Friday, and while there was a couple of issues with the record, I'm sure you will enjoy meeting all of these boys unfiltered and ready to unpack their time on the show. Luke the Lumberjack is a proud self proclaimed softy. He wears his heartily sleeve and often wells up at the slightest sentimental moment. Not the usual ex football player. If I can say that, while Bachelor Ben has traveled the world as a successful model in the past, it is his work now as a sustainable entrepreneur that has his feet firmly on the ground. I personally am mildly obsessed with Ben, and no doubt he's going to have a lot of fans after being on this show.
Speaker 2: Finally, we have Wez, who has a dig.
Speaker 1: Commitment to finding true love and upholding the values that he was raised with throughout his dating life. Wes has moved from Brazil to Australia and he is trying to move beyond that initial phase of trying to establish a lasting connection with someone who shares his vision of being the one boiler alerte Wesley has never had a girlfriend, which is really bizarre if you ask me, but you can hear that in his storytelling today with his lack of confidence. We will talk about their reservations signing up for The Bachelors, if they called their exes, and if their competitive nature got in the way of their dating. Whilst on screen, I'll ask about Osha Ginsburg and what he has liked to work with, does he offer help, does he give advice, and why he makes a good television host. We will find out more about the boys as I asked them all, who would most likely go on OnlyFans sign up for another reality show, and who would be most likely to marry a stranger. Plus, we will get plenty of exclusives from behind the scenes at The Bachelor's which, as I mentioned, has started on Network ten and you can catch up on tenplay if you've fallen just that little bit behind. Anyway, guys, let's bring the boys into the podcast. And while I hope you enjoy getting to know all three bachelors, I do have to say right at the start there was a bit of a technical issue, which means you're kind of joining the chat. As look, Luke is talking about his rationale of signing up to this series post his football career. Sorry guys, the recording just stopped for a second, but I'll just keep going.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, So what made you want to turn you back on the footy?
Speaker 4: Oh well, I had needam while I was playing the NRL and that sort of end of my career, and then went home, and you know, I was sort of probably struggling personally in that time.
Speaker 3: In who I wasn't what I want from life.
Speaker 4: I just went back working with my old boy in the family business and sort of I suppose grounding yourself a bit to a point where I wanted to bring something stress in my life. I want a family. I want to be married and have kids and everything in the future. So just seeing like that, that time was upon me and I suppose the footy days and the young sort of party and lifestyle was yeah, well and truly behind me, and yeah, I want it more from life than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I can tell you right away that in the first episode is a good shot of you chopping down a tree. And if you don't find any chicks, you know, with this show, I think that you could definitely put that on your gram and I think you'll be fine. Yeah, I paused it, so, yeah, I'm in trouble. I'll put it in slow mo and I won't be the first and I won't be the last doing that.
Speaker 3: You know, did the.
Speaker 1: Producers find the right women for you? Because I think the women all look quite expensive this year. I mean some of them still have fillers, but they all still feel more real than some of the women we've seen on TV before. You know, having those chats with the producers about who you were interested in, did they get it right?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: All the women there were beautiful. It's obviously it's obviously very hard when you know you have a limited number of women and time as well.
Speaker 3: But I think you know everyone was there for the right reason.
Speaker 5: They were really genuine girls, a really beautiful or bought something different to the table as well, so you know something there for everyone was absolutely Yeah, So I think that, you know, without without obviously knowing the future, I think they did the best job that was was possible for sure.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I love about these shows as well?
Speaker 1: I don't know if the girls were dehydrated and that's why it looked like this, But Wesley, when you came out, all the girls start licking their lips.
Speaker 2: They literally look like wolves. Maybe they'd made them dehydrated to make them do that.
Speaker 1: Like you start coming down the stairs and all of them are that.
Speaker 3: Who's this average guy here? That's what they've been Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not at all. I was like, this Brazilian guy is off tap. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe they gave the girl some money, don't wait before they came on South. What you know when you were approached to do this show, Ben, you know, was there any hesitation about doing something like this?
Speaker 2: Did you have any questions when they started talking to you about it?
Speaker 6: Obviously there are some some risks involved that you think about a little bit, But you know, I was just I was a really disappoint in my life where I'm really ready to meet someone and really go all in.
Speaker 5: So overall it felt like the right time and right place for me to pull the trigger. And yeah, and it's one of the best experiences I've ever had.
Speaker 3: So I'm over the moon.
Speaker 1: Look, do you know if it doesn't work out, if you a romance and the other two like, what's the connection been?
Speaker 5: Like? Yeah, absolutely, I was like in the middle getting out everyone.
Speaker 1: What is the romance like between the three of you, Like, what kind of camaraderie have you guys managed to muster up?
Speaker 5: As it was saying, Yeah, my kids asking us if we found love, and like the answer is yes, and that's with each other.
Speaker 1: So what's really funny was that I was driving down Chapel Street in Melbourne about three months after the last Bachelor's and I saw two of the bachelors sitting there having a drink together.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were still hanging out, and I was like, there was no women there, and I was like, it looked like they're on a date.
Speaker 3: So probably probably contracted. They probably still couldn't say anyone of them.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping it's more of a siblings type relationship between the three. Yeah, Wesley, what about the competitiveness between the three of you? Did you start to worry about you what happens if I don't? What if they find love?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: Was there any competitiveness between the three of you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess you would have seen in the first episode.
Speaker 3: It was there was no.
Speaker 8: One owned anything, no one owned anybody, so it was like fair game for all of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 8: That was definitely competitiveness. But it was also like a it wasn't genuinely if that's a word competitive. Sorry, I'm still learning English. But yes, like I'm a big believer in what's meant to be is meant to be. So if someone is learning to you and somebody else is meant to be you know.
Speaker 3: So did I answer your question? No?
Speaker 1: No, no. Look, when you don't know English that well and you look as good as you, it's just all very sexy.
Speaker 2: It's all very Brazilian, So you.
Speaker 8: Know, gonna be honest with you, I generally don't find myself attractive, so when you see that stuff, I find so funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we're going to need to have that. We're going to take that conversation off the podcast, but you need you need a talking to my friend. Look what about Asher though was here? Are you able to form a relationship with him as the host? Like do you get to spend some time with him? Is he helpful throughout the process?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, Like obviously that when we first came in and like they're off the bat, sort of helping us in and having a conversation with us and settling us into everything and make.
Speaker 3: Us feel comfortable because I know and I'm sure the other boys are too.
Speaker 5: Like I was, yeah, you know, nervous as yell in there, so I just was areos to come in? Had laugh, help to sue and yeah, it was there sort of, you know, for the difficult parts of the journey when you have to and goes home and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's done this for however many years he's done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the fresh though guys, like you know, he still looks like it's his first season every time, like it's a good quality for him to have that every time he turns up, he treats it like it's the first time, you know.
Speaker 5: And he's very good at asking asking the right questions to kind of to help us, help us really open up and let the audience know kind of who we are and what we're thinking.
Speaker 3: No one can see the obvious as good as him.
Speaker 2: He's been writing the show, Wesley, that's his job. That's what he's pay.
Speaker 1: Rok walks into a room, is the first person to say, that's a frock, you know, and that's what's good about it. Ben, did you get worried about if things got too steamy what your family would think of this? Like, were you worried that maybe this is not good content for your mom or you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mom, yeah, yeah, there'll be there'll be a couple of scenes. I'll make sure mom's busy on those nights.
Speaker 5: Those episodes I've got to bear marked and like, Mum, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll skip this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they've pulled that one. They're playing sport tonight instead.
Speaker 3: I swear that wasn't me, Mom. They must be editor, you know hows like.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's the thing that I'd always be really worried about.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, I don't know if I could go on a dating show because I would just be the whole time thinking about my mom.
Speaker 2: But I guess you really shouldn't do that. It's not sexy.
Speaker 5: Moms want us to be happy, so things like when they when at the end, like when they see how happy and how much we've grown, it's yeah, that's that's the that's the real real win.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, we're going to see some drama with the fact that you've got all these ladies together, and are they get across the streams? Are they going to start with one and then maybe look at the other, like there is that going to be what's going to go down this year, because like when you put all those ladies together and three handsome men, I mean in the first episode, some of them don't know where to look.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's the beauty of there being three bachelors, is that the we're going to get a chance to choose as well. So it's not just us, but so you know, we did we need to put our best book forward just as much as what they're trying to do as well.
Speaker 2: I love this format.
Speaker 1: It's like the Neapolitan ice cream is the way that I like to refer to.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh gotcha.
Speaker 1: If you don't like vanilla, that's okay, because we've got chocolate and.
Speaker 3: You know what, definitely chocolate.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Wesley, if you could be chocolate. But that makes it sound like we're not being very politically correct. But anyway, if your chocolate, what Wesley, If your chocolate, what are the other two?
Speaker 3: Oh that's that's the hard question. Hey, Well, because Vanila has vanilla has.
Speaker 2: The kind of an additional like boring, Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: If my English is correct, that's.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wesley. They won't mind just tell them.
Speaker 3: Which I think they like cookies and cream.
Speaker 2: You know, he doesn't want to answer this.
Speaker 1: He's now onto, he's onto a different flavor altogether.
Speaker 3: We're all going to a bit of a special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have to. I'm aborting that.
Speaker 1: I'm aborting all ice cream chat now the special Solaus has been mentioned. Ye, what's the hardest thing about dating? How many girls are there? There's like thirty, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, how many people?
Speaker 3: Twenty four?
Speaker 2: What's the hardest thing about dating twenty four women?
Speaker 5: The hardest part was giving everyone like a good amount of time to really you're very much like trying to get to know who they are very quickly and kind of straight in, straight into it, and if there's no sparks straight away, it can be quite tricky, which can also be unfair because then it might not hit it off straight at the start, but then later on and then you notice something like down the line and that, oh I.
Speaker 3: Didn't see that. No one but everyone's dealing with nerves.
Speaker 5: But you're trying to speak to twenty four different ladies, and it's like it's really difficult.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no else in the freaking world I would do that, you know, Like I'll say that the boundaries off.
Speaker 3: We all here for a reason. We've all signed up for this, So do I see something Betty normally date's like only fifteen exactly.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm laughing at. Wesley.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, I mean, you could have your own spin off show back in Brazil and you'd be dating thirty women, right.
Speaker 8: I appreciate there is no Batchelor in Brazil, but if you know someone in Brazil.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'll call the producers.
Speaker 3: I'll just have a few friends to recommen No. But I think the hard thing.
Speaker 8: Was to kind of like get in this headspace of Okay, I'm going to be when I'm with someone, I'm fully here, I'm fully present, and I'm not.
Speaker 3: Thinking on anybody else.
Speaker 8: And if I kiss someone, that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm cheating on somebody else, because well, we've all signed up for this, you know.
Speaker 3: So that was a very freaking mindset again, just walking.
Speaker 9: That line of respect like you obviously every single person, I want to be very respectful of everybody, but you also you also want to invest and connect with people. So I was, yeah, I think it's a difficult one to walk, but yeah, I'm actually really confident.
Speaker 3: That you know, we did it really well? Yeah, so too?
Speaker 2: Is this a spoiler to ask this question? But which out of the three how does it end? Okay? Great? I know kisses.
Speaker 1: The most amount of girls out of the three of you.
Speaker 3: I think I don't kiss and tell, so you have to?
Speaker 2: That just reads like you lost count. That's all that reads like.
Speaker 3: Remember, Mum's going to be watching this. I had to keep it somewhre pg.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I want to ask you just a few quick questions which I think will help people get to know you guys a little bit better. First, one bit racy, which one of the three of you is the most likely to do only fans?
Speaker 3: That's gonna be all where don't you see me twoking?
Speaker 1: Okay, great, all right, I'm looking forward to that. And also put in slow move which one of you is more likely to marry a stranger?
Speaker 3: Stranger? What do you mean?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Does that mean like really quick?
Speaker 2: Like just yeah?
Speaker 1: Which one of you is the most likely to you know, put it all on the line fast?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: If there was some alcohol involved, absolutely these two are pretty close married.
Speaker 1: Notting to work that out. It feels like we're falls a crowd, right, now Benning. But maybe fans are out which one of you would be the most likely to go on another reality show after doing this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's just.
Speaker 3: Dancing with the stuff. Yeah, I could show some some.
Speaker 2: Wesley. You could be the new Ricky Martin. Maybe in sing too?
Speaker 3: Actually is a triple threat.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it's definitely him. He's definitely going on another reality show. Let me tell you if you can sing, he could, and the rest of you can go into the jungle or whatever it is that's left after that. Who's most likely to be the last man standing on a night out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, trying. I'm never going home.
Speaker 1: A good one to ask you as well? Maybe I'll get all three of you to do This is what gives you, guys? The I like Luke, I will start with you when it comes to meeting a girl.
Speaker 2: What gives you out?
Speaker 5: I don't know whether you even call it an ick, but I just like I can't stand when like someone has like they won't eat a lot of foods that they're like, oh, I only eat this, I only eat that, like because I'm like, I love you, I love you heaps different foods. So like a girl's like got a very specific by to requirement. That's sort of like a yeah, bit.
Speaker 2: Of a no from me, Yeah, Ben, what gives you the ick?
Speaker 3: A lot of likes like and I'm live all the time.
Speaker 5: That kind of winds up a bit. But I think, like like just bad manners. I like, you know, if we're out, then no phone. I like someone to be present. If I'm there and I'm giving you everything, I'd like to get.
Speaker 3: That in return.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're all going to now be really conscious of saying the word like.
Speaker 2: I think you just used that in the sentence as you said it was your ick.
Speaker 3: Like when someone's like.
Speaker 1: It's when you say that to people though, you know, like back in the day when they used to audition people to do reality shows, they do these casting calls, and that was the thing was that producers wouldn't cast people if they use the word like too many times, like that would be like a veto so, but then you'd say to them trying not to say like, and then it populates the conversation.
Speaker 2: Anyway. It's a very long, boring story. I'm so glad I told it, Wesley.
Speaker 7: For you.
Speaker 3: What gives you the ear?
Speaker 8: I think when a girl complains a lot you know, like I'm like, life is too good to be true. So someone is just like always complaining. By the way, there's raining. You're like, oh yeah, that definitely gives me the because yeah, I think life is too good.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have no complaints, right, zero.
Speaker 3: Zero.
Speaker 2: Well, this show was filmed.
Speaker 1: Like a little while ago, and I was going to ask you, like, how do you keep the outcomes of this a secret? Like I mean of these girls wearing like mustaches and Fedora hats and meeting you in you know, the back of parking lots, Like if you've all found love and we don't know if you do, you know, how do you keep this a secret?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Do you just not see the girl for a while.
Speaker 3: I'm really going to keep the secrets.
Speaker 5: It's just that people I tell who can't keep.
Speaker 1: Like organized a night in a hotel, like you know, if you found love and you've then got to wait like however long until you can go, and.
Speaker 3: This is all it's all very confidential behind the scenes stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, I feel like that's I feel like that's not a proper answer. But anyway, you know, if all of you're on like the verge of becoming kind of insta famous from being on a show like this. Are you worried about losing your anonymity? Like, is there anything now that people know who you are? Does that make you get concerned about the way in which you normally would live your life? Does it make you change the way in which you go out at night?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think I think there's going to be pros and cons to everything from you, which is I think is definitely something that we weigh up before before coming on to show up the Bachelor's But I think at the end of the day, like our friends and family and closest to us definitely know so who we are, and that's the combetti opinions that we're going to really hold on to, and that will be important, you know, coming up when we're dealing with whatever we're going to deal with coming up.
Speaker 10: You know, the only thing that I really wanted this show to change was my relationships that so I don't think yeah.
Speaker 3: Effected so much to it.
Speaker 1: I always wonder whether you guys were going on a show like this, would talk to your ex'es before doing something like this, Did you guys try and have like a conversation with any of them to get some advice on you know, what you should a relationship, or to let them know that you're doing this show with their conversations with exes.
Speaker 2: That you guys felt that was appropriate to have.
Speaker 5: I've been seeing for five years now, but it's just still out of respect. So I just so you know, I'm going to be taking because especially since it's been a long time, like just so you know, I'm going to make a move now to really try and move on and lock in, you know someone, specially in my life.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to be caught out.
Speaker 5: I wanted to be gossiped about and you hear from someone else, i'body you hear it from me.
Speaker 3: It's been about a month through everybody girlfriends and they.
Speaker 2: Only got five second phone calls.
Speaker 1: He was just literally sitting there, I'm going on the Bachelor, and going on the Bachelor.
Speaker 2: I'm going on a Bachelor.
Speaker 3: Group text man.
Speaker 5: To be honest, I actually didn't, you know, I didn't reach out to any of my axes, you know that sort of there all things their relationships I'd put to bed, and I didn't really feel you know, I was on very good terms with all of them, and I didn't really feel it was really that needed of me to reach out to sure them that, you know, I was very respectful of them all during the whole process.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I didn't know that didn't reach out.
Speaker 1: To to be really disappointed when they see that AX chopping scene. I think that's where they realized, what is the X chopping scene?
Speaker 3: To watch?
Speaker 2: You have to wait to watch.
Speaker 1: Honestly, anyway, how many times how many times of this podcast? I feel like we can't move past this? So you've been single for five years? What have you been in Antarctica where there's no ladies?
Speaker 2: What's going on? How have you been single for five years?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Quite deep when it comes to falling for someone, and I struggled really to I think I've struggled to really open up for.
Speaker 3: A while as well. I got my heart broken, so I've been quite closed off. So it's really it was hard hard for me to kind of open up.
Speaker 5: I have my heart broken a few years ago, so it took it's taken a while for me to kind of learn how to break down walls again and be opened or be ready to be in another relationship.
Speaker 1: Didn't if you reach out to other people that have been on shows like this for advice to reach out to previous bachelors, because I think what I'd find interesting is doing a show like this, you'd have to still trust your instincts and not the producers, you know what I mean? Like the producers, I guess you could have conversations with how things are going, and they could influence things like what sort of advice did you get from anyone before coming in and doing the show, especially when it comes to stuff like should you trust your instincts or should you trust the.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I didn't get in any vice beforehand, mossibly because I haven't watched it, but Jad from last season due to reach out afterwards and very kind of him just offered every support and whatever he can do, because only when you go through something like this you understand.
Speaker 3: So yeah, very very kind of him.
Speaker 2: He's a good guy. I met him in a function.
Speaker 1: He was actually really lovely, very generous person, So he's a good one to touch. Before you, guys go, I want to ask you something which I ask everyone who joins the podcast, and that is what is something from behind the scenes, something that we probably won't see on TV, kind of like a behind the scenes secret of what it's like to be a bachelor on The Bachelor's.
Speaker 7: Wow there is I would see, well I heard, and I could say that we try to save everything for the camera so that the viewers can see everything for real, what's happening in real time, So we're not behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: We can't we can't like practice anything, we can't like script anything. It's like what you're see is very much what you get when the when the cameras are rolling, So we can't.
Speaker 3: Talk to each other. That's why we get together. We're like, oh, that's why they're look, it's a good conversation.
Speaker 10: Probably the only thing from behind the scenes, like I'd say, you probably missed a bit of like there was times where we usually boys a been yeah, and you just sort of like had like small talk and we sort of found some really funny moments to enjoy each other's company that none of that would sort of be on camera.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that was you know, that was sort of like little mind away. That was really enjoyable film.
Speaker 8: One of the best parts for me from behind behind the scenes were actually the crew that we got to work with.
Speaker 3: Everybody from APU styling.
Speaker 8: Camera sound like we're incredible people that actually want to be friends with forever.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that was something that people never get to see.
Speaker 8: But everyone that would behind the scenes were incredible.
Speaker 1: Or human means, do you use them as sounding boards as well? Like do you try and talk to them about what's happening with the girls, and do you the makeup artists, like you know Karen over there, Actually Karen's a bad one to choose.
Speaker 2: That not they're not allowed so they're not allowed to but they agree.
Speaker 5: And just.
Speaker 1: Really I'd be asking them. I'd be like, look, I've been on this date. I don't know where Karen keeps coming out, but Karen or Tracy, these these women sound terrible. Sorry Karen's and Tracy, But I'd be like wanting to fish for advice, like you were able to use your phone and call your friends, like you.
Speaker 2: Know, talk about it.
Speaker 1: It's locked away with a contract, guys. I just want to say good luck with this ride. I will probably not get a chance to speak to you while it continues to and when it starts to air, but I just want you to know get ready because I feel like this is a real reboot of this franchise, and I think people are going to be talking about you, especially with that acts for a long time, which actually talking about Ben. I'm going to have to take a screen grab of this photo with this partner and send it to you offline.
Speaker 2: No, I'm only kidding, but.
Speaker 1: Guys, thank you, thank you for being so generous with your time and and good luck with the experience.
Speaker 3: Great speak