Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboom Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development.
Speaker 2: No matter where you are in your journey.
Speaker 1: We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life cast you by, then you're in the right place. Hey guys, welcome back to the potty. We have a very fun episode for you today. We are talking about how to get out of the slump, how to get the motivation back for the next six months.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe we're.
Speaker 3: Midia, no need can I crazy? This year has gone so fast.
Speaker 4: Don't you feel like.
Speaker 2: We said this every year? Every year, I'm getting.
Speaker 3: Faster on it.
Speaker 1: I honestly believe as you get older it does, Oh my god, because I remember being a child being like.
Speaker 3: Funck, time is going so sright.
Speaker 2: It were just in like grade six for ages like ten years. So we chat about that.
Speaker 1: And also, guys, just a reminder, we currently have our end of financial year sale. We never do sales, so this is never very exciting. There was so much goodness there, so go and check it out on our Instagram or you can go straight through the website.
Speaker 2: Just make sure you add anything into your cart and the discount is automatically.
Speaker 1: Applied, so you can check that out. It's such a great time because obviously we are midyear. If you haven't reached your goals, if you want some help and direction, that is what our courses do. So it's such a great time to do it. And like the whole of rn C who wanting to do do it for your future self course are all doing it together in the Facebook group, so it makes you come join us in there. We start July third.
Speaker 3: And I'm so excited for that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: It's just so cool the fact that we've all done it in January, well most of us, and we're going to do it again and just like see that evolution of ourselves, which I do get into in this episode, but before we get into the show a tire.
Speaker 4: How's your week being pretty good?
Speaker 2: Not bad?
Speaker 3: I what do I do? I went to a comedy show on the weekend, which was really fun. Oh my god, who did you say, Michael McIntyre.
Speaker 4: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I think you'd know his face. He was just so funny and I literally spent two hours crying. He was that funny. I did not stop crying every joke. I was just like laughing so much. And it's so nice to go to a comedian that like doesn't take life too seriously. Like it wasn't any controversial topics. It was just really lighthearted humor.
Speaker 2: That's nice. Yeah, how good is laughing? I know, it's just so.
Speaker 3: I was like, I wish I could just do this every week because it's just so therapeutic, and like everyone in there was so happy and laughing and oh so nice.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's incredible.
Speaker 3: I love that for you, and it was the Entertainment Center. So that was literally like fifteen thousand people just laughing there ourselves.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what like what good vibes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what a cool.
Speaker 4: Frequency to be in.
Speaker 3: Highly recommend How about you? How was your week?
Speaker 2: So good?
Speaker 1: Me and Tim had a little stay ca this week, so it was really cute. We never do it and it kind of just like worked out that we'd take it during the week and yeah, it like his parents looked.
Speaker 2: After Ivy and it was just so nice. I think.
Speaker 1: A big thing and this is actually I remember writing this when I was doing you know, my goals and how I wanted my year to look like when we would do it for your future self in jan and a big thing was for me and Tim to have time together either like a week and away or just.
Speaker 2: Like date nights.
Speaker 1: That was such a huge thing for us, and to make sure it was monthly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so we.
Speaker 1: Actually, like I look back and I'm so proud of filling up that bucket and doing that because I feel like we've really stuck to either going away or doing date nights and it's been so incredible for our relationship. And it's funny because sometimes I like think back, I'm like, I think me and Tim are so much closer now than even like when we were, you know, before Ivy, because we've kind of had to be like you've had to be so predictive with that time together, yeah, and really carve it out and fight for it. So it's made us so much more I guess just.
Speaker 3: Like you value it.
Speaker 5: Valued.
Speaker 2: Yes, such a good word. And it's just it's really.
Speaker 1: Cool to look back and be like, yeah, I've really made that a priority and that was something I wanted to do. Like Tim and Ivy were my biggest priorities and my biggest goals for twenty twenty three. And I can like confidently say I was, like I've done.
Speaker 3: That a hundred Yeah, you definitely have.
Speaker 1: That is like, and it's it's just really nice because you know, as a as a mum who also works full time and has a lot on That was something that I remember saying to Tim at the start of the year. I just don't want to get through life and look back and just think, fuck, I wasn't present during my life. Like I had a good life, but I almost didn't live it because I wasn't present. And I can be so forward thinking, and I can really live for future things, and I can be so driven and I can be so forward thinking, and obviously that has got me to places and that's an amazing skill.
Speaker 2: But also you can miss.
Speaker 1: Out on life a bit, and you can. I'm the person who I'm happy to forfeit pleasure right now to have something in the future, which again that has served me. But then also sometimes I go without right now a bit.
Speaker 2: Then it's like right.
Speaker 3: Now is all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's been one of my biggest things that I have had a realization of and being like, fuck, I don't want to be forty and have this realization. I want to have it now and actually do something about it. So I feel really proud that that was one of my biggest priorities and one of my biggest AHA moments. And I truly feel like I have honored and valued that.
Speaker 3: I love that Timuch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so my week was good. Anyway, let's get in the.
Speaker 1: Episode, all right, So let's get straight into it. Obviously, if you want a full in depth audit, fully like I need my energy back, I need to get unstuck. You're going to do the do a few future self god, So let's just be honest. Only it's only seven days, and oh my god, the clarity and the focus that you're going to unlock from this. Just look at the testimonies from the start of the year. It is incredible. But let's just touch on some thing sitia. Yeah, so, and this is really coming from a personal space of I think it can get mid year and we can be maybe a little bit upset with ourselves if we go and check our original goals in January, or we can just feel a little bit behind, like time has gone in the way. Maybe we weren't a focused as we thought. Other people are ahead. All these thoughts and downloads of doubt and.
Speaker 2: You know, I haven't even reached my goal. All those sorts of things come in and of course, and I think this is very normal. A lot of people feel this, though, and they just feel like shame and guilt and like those feelings.
Speaker 1: I personally also feel this, but I use this as such a great This just means I need to check in with myself and I need to realign.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get the same when it gets to the middle of the year, and it's almost like a bit of disappointment in that me at the beginning of the year, when you have that strong New year energy, all the good vibes and every excited You're so excited, and it's almost like that reality of like six months have passed, you had this list, what if you actually worked towards yet? Yeah, and you're like, oh.
Speaker 1: So instead of feeling like that, though, I think this is a really exciting time.
Speaker 2: To check in with yourself and being like.
Speaker 1: How do I need to realign? Because all that has happened is you're here.
Speaker 2: Wait you can't see me ins a podcast for the video.
Speaker 1: You know you're here at the start of the year and you have this goal over here. Yeah, you kind of go a little bit to the left, and that's fine. All you need to do is realign because amazing thing about humans is we do change, we do evolve, and maybe the end goal isn't what we thought or what we actually wanted, and maybe we needed to go through this six months of little hurdles of little nudgets to be like, oh no, wait, I want to do this, or this actually feels really good for me, this is actually what I want. So the biggest thing I want to say first is do not go into shame and guilt, stay in awareness, and just be like, what has this last six months taught me? Where can I learn from myself? Because the worst thing you can do is compare yourself to other people? And I like, I love, I'm really like feeding into this saying right now where it's like, comparison is just distraction.
Speaker 4: I know it's slipe chaining.
Speaker 1: Comparison is just distraction. So I'm not fucking looking around. I'm not like, I'm not doing that because that's literally just distraction. I'm not sitting in shame and guilt. I'm like, cool, what have I learnt about myself? How can I refine myself? How can I you know, shift things? Because obviously what I have been doing maybe isn't getting me to where I want or I need to change this, or what have I learned about myself? I'm not gonna lie. I went back to my do It Few Future Self booklet and I read all over it and it was really incredible to see so much evidence of me achieving what I had set out to do and feel into, but also the parts of myself where I really went.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I've evolved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm actually in a different season. I probably jumped timelines and so I'm actually over here. So I know I had those goals that they actually don't make a lot of sense for me anymore.
Speaker 3: That literally happened with quite a few of my goals. When I looked back, I was like, oh gosh, like I don't even want this.
Speaker 2: Do you love that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I look at that some goals. It's so funny because I used to have an iPad and I just didn't use it. I randomly bought it because I wanted to literally draw on it, and I just never used it. So I gave it to me ca our graphic design up. So I had to go on and reset it and I found myself.
Speaker 2: Because I had one of those pens.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and I used to.
Speaker 1: Write and it was I think it was twenty twenty one, and it was actually the year I fell pregnant.
Speaker 2: So I think the goals I made in January there wasn't a lot.
Speaker 1: Of correlation because that was a moment we were trying to conceive. But I fully surrendered, and I feel it was like, I'm not even gonna go there. I'm going to focus on other things. And truly that's why I believe I manifest ot a pregnancy because I like finally surrendered. Yeah, and I created other goals. But one of my goals was like run five gay and under thirty minutes. Just shit, like random shit.
Speaker 2: And I like, look, why would I even want to do that?
Speaker 1: But I like, I love that and put it on there because you could have seen like my mentality and like I did not.
Speaker 2: Do that because I'd really pregnant.
Speaker 1: But I love looking back. And this is why I'm so big on journaling and documenting your process. And this is like, this is why in doing it for your future self, I get you to write it all down because even if you have it accomplished or got to where you want to be, it's such like self reflection and self refinement is one of the greatest tools if you know actually how to utilize it. Yeah, and so that's what I really did. And so that's something that you can sit down and think, Okay, as I created at the start of the year, maybe you didn't create goals. Maybe you're just like what I wanted at the start of the year or what I thought would happen. What's happening right now? Check in with yourself, how do I feel, do I still want the same things, and I'm still passionate about the same things. Where have I maybe lost passion? Where have I lost spark? Where do I want to.
Speaker 2: Add things on? Like literally, just sit down.
Speaker 1: And most of the people are listening to this, you're probably thinking, oh my god, this is so simple. But I trust me when I say, like, until you actually do it, you don't understand how life changing it is. And you'll sit down and you'll start journaling, or you'll have some proms and you're like, oh, wow, yeah that's what I want, or like I hadn't even like registered that, And but you've got to take time for yourself. You've got to sit down and refine because otherwise you're just on this hamster wheel and you're going going going, like to where.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so true, I got really.
Speaker 2: Passionate them, all right, So realign your energy. That's our biggest tip.
Speaker 1: The next thing is like, be very honest about what do you want the rest of the year to look like? And I'm talking six months, So six months is not a lot of time.
Speaker 3: No, especially the end of the year. I feel like halfway through November, after that you're pretty much a rider.
Speaker 2: You've basically got four months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's not a lot of time. And what Jamie has been saying a really great quote lately that her mentor has told her, and it's most people overestimate what they can do in a year and underestimate what they can do in three.
Speaker 2: Whoa, and she's you know.
Speaker 1: She then goes on to explain, like, you've only got six months, but you like want to run a marathon.
Speaker 2: You want to run it. You know, like you've got to dose big things. And I think it's.
Speaker 1: Really important to be realistic. And yes, I'm a manifestation coach and I'm telling you to be realistic, but have a look at like, Okay, I've got six months, what's the one feeling I want? What's the one thing I want to feel, and what's going to match that? And don't create this big list of just like random things. Be very intentional and somewhat realistic with like what I want to do in six months, like what.
Speaker 2: Could that look like? And feel like.
Speaker 3: I almost say to myself, like who do I want to be at the start of next year?
Speaker 2: M that's powerful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I find that's a really good way to check in with myself of like how does me at the beginning of twenty twenty four, show up and use that to then almost re like re engineer backwards what I need to do now.
Speaker 1: I love that, Like, yeah, how do they show up? What habits do they have? And just start literally just basic ground. If you have a savings goal weekly, break that down into a habit or daily, break that down into a habit. Think about what your routines are like, and then try and habit stack your and create your new routine so that at the beginning of next year you've got that routine. I think like that much. Yeah, break it down into as small pieces as possible.
Speaker 3: And it's hard because it's almost delayed gratification because it is a very slow approach to making change. But you have six months, and if you break that down into weeks, it's like twenty four weeks. That's twenty four habits you can have by the twenty beginning of next year. Yeah, yeah, that's I love that a tier.
Speaker 2: And it's not a lot of time, but it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's like it's a weird, unique piece of time. And I think especially because it is like when you think about it, in six months will be in a new year.
Speaker 2: Well close to a new year. Yeah, Like that's wild. So the next thing I want you to do, and this is.
Speaker 1: Really about coming back and connecting to yourself because again, I feel like this time of year, if you maybe aren't on the timeline you want, or haven't achieved half of what you want or that sort of thing you're not on track, people can really go into like shame and guilt and almost the well, I haven't got.
Speaker 2: To where I want, So what's the point?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we'll just start next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll just start next year.
Speaker 1: We've got six months and we're not doing that here, Like, come on, So I think to get out of that place, it's it's going to be hard for me to be like, you know, you've got to have some goals and this and that. So the place I want you to start is just getting really fucking grateful. So anytime you want to shift, it's like, obviously the highest vibration is gratitude. So whatever vibe you're in, I want you to think about the last six months and just think about what what are some actual really cool things Like maybe it hasn't been that great, but you've learned some great life is about yourself, Like maybe it's been a bit bumpy, but you're like, oh, wow, I've learnt this, or maybe it's even like I've learned what I don't want.
Speaker 2: If you get a really desperate yeah.
Speaker 1: But like most of the time, I truly believe this is what the universe does. It's like I can remember which episode we said this in a tear, and it's like, you know, you say you want this.
Speaker 2: Is such a good example.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you say you want to manifest you know the man and he's like all buff and sexy and I don't know whatever you're into.
Speaker 2: And then you manifest that man. But then he's like.
Speaker 1: He goes to the gym all the time, and he's never at home, and he's never at home and he it's really healthy, so you never get taken out for dinner and it makes feel shit about yourself and you're like, fuck, I don't actually want this man because it's not a vibe. Yeah, the universe had to show you what you didn't want. So then like the next man who's like, maybe not like that, but he's like there's a really beautiful balance of what you want.
Speaker 2: You're like, yes, this is it. Because my fan sees out of the window because I realized.
Speaker 3: It's like it was silly so true.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm saying is like, use the last six months, like what lessons have I learned?
Speaker 2: What has the universe showed me? What I don't want? And how fucking epic is that? Like no time is wasted.
Speaker 1: You need to go through this life where you're learning different things and going through up ups and downs, and I.
Speaker 2: Truly believe they shape you.
Speaker 1: And like bad things happen, happening to you or not so great or not what you wanted, They're these beautiful experiences if you accept them.
Speaker 2: And allow them to realign you.
Speaker 1: So guys, get out of the victim mentality, get out of the poor me. I haven't achieved anything. We're not doing that here, we're doing What have I learned?
Speaker 2: What am I actually really grateful for?
Speaker 1: Like maybe you didn't get a career goal, but you made a really incredible friend, or you started a really incredible gym class that now has.
Speaker 2: Made you fall back in love with your movement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like focusing on what actually has happened in the last six months and I'm really fucking proud of or even I remember me and a Tia were talking about how like the last six months she hasn't had any drama. Yeah, and she's like life has been pretty boring. But I said, you know, to the universe, I any wanty drama. So it actually makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Exactly, so you would sit in there.
Speaker 1: Oh, actually, this is really incredible because now I have evidence that there doesn't have to be drama. Yeah, and I can actually sit in that. And that's actually I want that internal peace more than I do. I want a bit of you know, fun in so true drama I don't know, and gossip. Yeah, and that's what you've realized, and you know it's taking you six months, but you're like cool, amazing, put on the gratitude list.
Speaker 3: So a little things, the little things.
Speaker 1: And I have even noticed that just if I think back to the last six months, and even I looked at my FO Future Self book and I love how there's like I printed mine out and I really filled it in and I did all coloring and highlighting, and so it's like so fun to go back and look and like I said, so many parts I'm like cool, I fucking nailed that, and then other parts I'm like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm a different person.
Speaker 1: I want different things, and I don't go oh, I didn't achieve what I want. I'm just like, that's really cool because I can actually see myself evolving and I can see an evolution and how cool is that?
Speaker 3: I do love that and that's I did mine on my iPad, but I still hand wrote it, and I went back and looked at vine and like a lot. I was shocked at how many of my goal I was like, I don't even care about this anymore, and also how many of them were made based on I guess, external circumstances that I thought I needed to do even though I was trying to make goals that I didn't think I should do, but they were still should and not once. Yes, and hindsight's a beautiful there it is it is. I was like, gosh, I've grown a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's really cool to be like, oh that was from a huge ego place. Yeah, and now I'm like I don't feel into that, and that's like such an evolution of itself.
Speaker 4: For like, oh, I don't even fuck with that anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So definitely, guys, sit in gratitude.
Speaker 1: You can be grateful for like anything, and the more grateful you are the better.
Speaker 2: Trust me on this, all right, guys, So the next thing I want you to.
Speaker 1: Do is check in with your buckets. So this is actually into it for your future self one of the days. So it obviously goes into a lot more. But the basis of this is Cooper actually brought this in in a podcast. Let's actually just snippet it to your so I don't have to explain it and they can get the vibe.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 5: I have I think about seven metaphorically buckets in my life, and I prioritize what I have in my life and then so it's like kids, wife, business, adventures, holidays and those sorts of things. So I like to and I don't feel in flow.
Speaker 4: I like to have a look.
Speaker 5: At my buckets and see what's empty, and then I like to work on them. And then you prioritize until that bucket is nurtured.
Speaker 1: So what I want you guys to do is if you haven't done this exercize before, if you've done do it for your future self, you will actually check in and be like where am I lacking? Where do I need to make goals? But in a well rounded way, not just twelve carrier goals and like one fucking personal goal or like, you know, you've got all these goals that are not unrealistic, but you haven't made it in a well rounded way. And I think that's what's so beautiful about my goals. At the start of the year. It was a different way I had, like made goals. Yeah, And it's funny because like I achieved a lot of my buckets that I don't don't usually make goals for, and I think it's because I actually had focus on them for the first time. I love that and that was really really cool to see. So guys, check on your buckets or you know, start doing your buckets if you don't, that's like one of our famous tricks from Cooper.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, the last thing I want you to do is again, look what happened in the last six months and just decide what you're not available for anymore, so you know, instead of going, well, I like, I'm not clear on what I want again. If you want clarity, do they do it for your future self? Course, because it's incredible for clarity. But if you're like I don't know what I want, I don't know what to, you know, put my energy towards for the next six months. Is I bet you have an idea of what you don't want to do and what you're not available for and what hasn't served you in the last six months and what is a no? And this is actually something at the star out of the year, I was like, if it's not a hell, yes, it's a no.
Speaker 2: And I reckon, I've probably stuck to it eighty percent of the time.
Speaker 3: That's really that's a good percentage. Yeah, it's not amazing.
Speaker 2: No, but it's definitely not a hot word.
Speaker 1: And I can really I can see that, but like so much better then how I used to be. And I'm really proud of myself for that, and I think it's truly life changing when you're clear on what you're.
Speaker 2: Not available for and what's not serving you and you kind of being.
Speaker 1: I don't really believe in the world's selfish, but it's like you being like selfish on no, this is what I actually am going to accept and this is what I'm available for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do like that because I think half the time you'll say, I'll just do it this one time, but I need to make sure I put the boundary in next time, but it's like you need to start now. Yes, there's no next time, yes, and it's just this time exactly.
Speaker 2: So that's like a huge thing that I feel.
Speaker 1: I also feel like too midyear, you kind of to the point where you're like, you're not taking shit. Yeah, you know, I don't have energy, you don't have the energy. I've got another six months and you're just you know, it's such a great time to lock into. Like I don't know, for me, this season feels very like internal and it feels like, oh, I'm like I've now gotten clear, I've had some lessons, I've achieved, some things I haven't achieved, some things I'm realizing like where I'm at, and I can really lock into what's serving me what's not and like let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how it feels to me.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: And then what I think I said the last one, but another last one. So again, guys, if you're listening to this and you're like, oh, I just I can't relate, Like I'm just like I'm not clear.
Speaker 3: Everything's foggy.
Speaker 1: Everything's foggy. My best thing to say is like disconnect to reconnect. So just like an iPhone, it's not working, it's glitching. You turn it off for a while, and then you turn it back on and she's good as new. Yeah, And we are like that as humans. And if you're not feeling clarity, if you're like just not feeling the vibe, if you're like motivation is low, you're like not in the alignment.
Speaker 2: That you want.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you. Sometimes it's we're just so plugged in. We've got so many like energy cards to our work and our friends and this drama and that drama, and when you take some time to just disconnect, and like, for me personally, that has meant I can't really remember the last time I did like a social thing, yeah, like with friends or just like I've just spent so much time with like Tim and Ivy and doing like work stuff, and it's just such a season to me where if I do have spare time, there might be like you know, the random thing for someone's birthday, Yeah, but otherwise I'm spending time with myself because it really feels like a season that I'm like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I need to disconnect, to reconnect.
Speaker 1: And you know, if you can't take a weekend off social media or even a week, or if you can't take time to yourself, it's like, you know, can you find a bit more time for meditation, for no like no screen time, for a low time alone time, like can you take a Saturday off, don't take your phone and go to the beach or the forest or go on a walk and just disconnect. Because I truly believe like, if you're feeling overwhelmed, you're like, I don't know what to do and I've got no clarity and I should be doing.
Speaker 2: That symbol blah blahlah blah.
Speaker 1: You need to like cut some energy cords and you need to let go. And the thing is like the answer, the next step, the motivation, the you know, the thing you're looking for, the universe is like it's ready to give it to you. Yeah, but it's like trying to tell you, but you can't hear it because you're so caught up in your own thoughts or social media or what's happening to this person over there. And you need to get back to having that clear channel to the univers source whatever you want to like you know, talk about because you're getting intuitive downloads all the time, you're getting down like you're getting guided.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So if you feel.
Speaker 2: Unclear, it's you. The universe is not fucking mucking around. It's like, dude, I've been trying to tell you that many times you're so up in your head or you're so not connected to yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that you're you haven't got a clear channel, and that is your responsibility to be like cool, Can I actually clean my daily rituals up?
Speaker 2: Can I clean my weekenoud? Can I clean my energy up?
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be for a long amount of time, but it's like, if you're feeling like this, like I guarantee you clicked on this episode cause you're feeling like this, Yeah, it's time to clear that channel.
Speaker 3: I love that tip. I think that's so important and it's so interesting you say that because I think that's such a big thing. Is you need to disconnect so that you can be present and not stuck in your head. And it could even be as simple as booking in a long weekend maybe and using a data relax a day for self development and then a day to reset and just take it in small chunks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's it's so interesting because you know, everyone talks about feeling stark or not motivated, but it's like they'll just continue the exact same things they do on a daily and I'm like, bit, what do you mean You're expecting a different outcome? You're doing the exact same things. It's a definition of insanity. It's like, I want to feel motivated, I want to feel this, but like you're doing the exact same things.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, clearly something needs to change.
Speaker 3: Literally, that's something that I love from the do it for your Future self course, because I think I benefited most from like the routine audit. Ah love that's stay six so I'm pretty sure. Yeah, And it just like totally changed my because I was like, I kind of have routines, but neither of them actually aligned to any of my goals or how I see myself. And that's genuinely something that I've spent the last six months sort of slowly working on and I definitely am still working on it, but reflecting it where I was at the beginning of the year versus now I've already come so far.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love this, And even that's definitely something I've noticed with you a tear like, for example, would you thought at the start of the year, you'd be getting into work at like.
Speaker 4: Six point thirty.
Speaker 2: No tear is like the first one here. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it when you start early and then I can get out early and I can do my things, and it's like, even looking at that, I've been like, oh wow, I've actually changed my daily routine. And again, I think it's sometimes there's this like separate thing of not realizing. The biggest thing to take away from this episode is like where you focus energy goes? Yeah, so currently, where are you focused? Like is your routine?
Speaker 2: Focus your goals? Is your mindset? Focus for your goals?
Speaker 1: Is the way that you know you talk to yourself internally focused for your goals, like do an audit of everything, because if things are all like jumbled and you're like.
Speaker 4: So weird, I'm not achieving my goals.
Speaker 2: It's like so weird, I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: You know, like it does matter and it seems so simple, but we kind of just we need to do these audits. We need to go oh, okay, I remember now.
Speaker 3: I might end this reading a story that we had shared in the Facebook group from someone who did do it for your future self at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 4: Okay, amazing shower with us, so she.
Speaker 3: Said, this is a long one, so sorry in advance, but I did do it for your future self. At the beginning of the year. I'm also an RNC project Gal. We love that, and she said she got so clear on what her dream life is. Looking back at what she wrote, she's actually achieved almost everything she wrote down, including passing and graduating from my PhD. Officially adopted out, got offered. Yeah, how cool. Smarty pants got offered my dream job, which happened so unexpectedly. I've been there for a month now. Long story short, but I was unclear on what I wanted for my career post PhD. I had so many limiting beliefs about how hard it is to get stable employment in academia. Last year, out of the blue, I was approached for a position which logically and on paper seemed perfect. It offered me a lot of what I was looking for, but for some reason, it wasn't a hell yes for me. I had some other work commitments which would have made things challenging, but I just had a feeling that it wasn't right for me. So I followed my intuition and trusted that there was something coming that was right for me. After doing the do It for your Future Self course, I got really clear on who I wanted to show at, but show up as what I desired and what mattered most to me for my career bucket. I still remained unclear on what my dream job was, but I knew I wanted to feel super supported, be able to work from home. It lit me up, offered stability, and was relevant to my life's purpose. A couple of months ago, in a meeting, I connected with an acquaintance from UNI who was now working in the industry in a non academic position, and I thought, Oh, my gosh, how awesome is that. I had the thought to look at on their Twitter and see what they were doing since completing their PhD. I saw they were I saw they shared there was a job opening at their workplace. I clicked the link, turned out the job advertisement had expired. I then had this strong feeling to do a search and see what current job ads there were. One of the first job ads was for my dream workplace. I opened the ad and realized it was so fitting with me, so fitting for me, with my qualifications and experiences and literally ticked all of my boxes, so I applied for it. Several weeks went by, we went on a holiday, then then I got I hadn't heard anything, but trusted that life happens for me. First day back after having been sick, I got a phone call from the workplace saying they were still reviewing the applications for the job I'd applied for, but in doing so, they saw my application and it stood out to them. They thought I would be perfect for another position they wanted to fill but hadn't advertised it yet and wanted to know if I was interested. I was shocked but said yes, did an informal interview, and then the following week got offered the job. Have been in the role for a month and it is literally so perfect. It's everything I wrote down, and I couldn't be happier than the next stop point that was just one of them. In two weeks time, we are moving into our first home we've bought, and it literally has everything I wrote down that we wanted. At the beginning of the year, we've been saying for a while, and we've been saving for a while and working towards buying our first home. But I had so many limiting beliefs due to the economy and housing market, Butie decided to just go for it, and you know, we were surprised by how easy it was for us. The next one is she's so much more confident within herself. I love that as a goal. Her second, third, one, fourth one. The next one is she has an incredible marriage and connection with her husband. So beautiful. And then the last one is she has so much abundance. She said, she feels so aligned and in love with life. She just keeps leveling up. She's truly living her deem Light dream life. And she's so grateful for the RNC team, oh podcast, the project, and the do it Few future self course, because she's quantum leaped so much. I'm actually shocked me too.
Speaker 2: It's so incredible.
Speaker 1: I just love our community so much, I know.
Speaker 3: And I just love how she had a big career goal, she had a big money goal, but also her other three were just like so well round, so well rounded about the relationships in her life, and they're achievable and it's not like overwhelming or anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also love that she got offered something, but she's like, oh, I'm just gonna trust my intuition and the like the next perfect thing came. Yeah, that's like And that's the thing though, if you're someone who's not creating co creating with universe, and someone who's not locked into your intuition, you probably would have taken the first.
Speaker 2: Thing out of like scarting and lack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, oh well there's an I know as well take this. Yeah, And so it's.
Speaker 2: Just incredible, like how that turned out. I know, Ah, that's incredible. Guys.
Speaker 1: If you want to do the do It for your Future Self course along with the rn C community, we are all doing it for mid year on July third, we're starting all together and we currently have.
Speaker 4: A little eofye sale I know for do.
Speaker 1: It for your Future Self, so you get in her really at a good price, so make sure you check that out. You have to add the course to the cart in order for the discount to be applied, but that sale does end literally in a couple of days if you're listening in real time, so makesure you check it out. But guys, I hope you enjoyed this episode. And like I said, if you're if you're not vibing, this is such an incredible place to be, So follow these points and have the most incredible next six months, because it really can be better than you could have imagined. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conker Podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community.
Speaker 2: We're an independent.
Speaker 1: Podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, and look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.