Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week.
Speaker 2: They might welcome back to TV Reload. My name's Benjamin Norris, and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors, and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screens. TV Reload reloads the shows that you are currently watching and gives you a better insight at our television industry and streaming services today. On the podcast, I have the very handsome housemate Joel, who this week exited the Big Brother house. The Channel seven series is starting to churn and burn. This year's contenders and the challenge Beast with the body of a Greek God has been booted by his fellow housemates. I had the privilege of hanging out with Joel and his girlfriend the night of the Big Brother launch, and so I was aware of his cheeky laugh and his bold descriptions of his time on the show. Joel isn't afraid of the tough questions and he is actually quite wi It's beyond his years. So I think you're going to enjoy today's chat. Yet, a competition like this does not go well for people who are the strongest in the house. Very early on, Joel seemed to size himself up against the competition, and he bravely stood right out in front of the pack. This would ultimately be his downfall, but not without a showmance and plenty of drama before his elimination. Today, we'll talk about everything from fluffing in the Big Brother House to what he really thought of Alisha. I will also get him to break down his secret plan to eliminate all the ogs, and we'll find out the order in which he was planning to get rid of them, which can I say He's going to shock and delight fans right across Australia. However, let's get started with today's guest. I'd like to welcome Joel Big Brother's latest to vic D to TV reload.
Speaker 3: My play was to put up Reggie, Dave and Tully.
Speaker 4: This year it's my twenty first birthday.
Speaker 3: No, they were definitely playing under the radar and I've.
Speaker 4: Invited housemates both new and legendary.
Speaker 1: Just so you were clear right, I'm gonna get rid of Sam. You're going to get rid of a leisure Yeah.
Speaker 4: Will experience be enough to take on the next generation of housemates?
Speaker 1: She just doesn't really want to watch me knoling with someone else on TV and.
Speaker 4: The new contenders Our Grid Big Brother Royalty.
Speaker 3: Everyone knew this is the one opportunity that they had to get rid of me this Big Brother.
Speaker 5: Hey Joel, how are you hey?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: Going good? Going good?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: Congratulations on your epic Big Brother game. Was this experience like how you imagined it?
Speaker 1: No, I had no idea what to expect going to the Big Brother House. I think I had plans going in there, and as soon as I got in there, I had.
Speaker 3: To throw those straight out the window.
Speaker 1: Is you know, expect the unexpected and just really breathe into the spontaneity of the show.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest misconception about being a Big Brother housematee? You know, we all have an idea of how it's going to be and then it becomes something completely different.
Speaker 5: But for you, what was what was the most obvious?
Speaker 1: I probably saut the timing of a lot of different things, like the what time you.
Speaker 3: Go to bed, because you know, even though.
Speaker 1: Outside area we close off at a certain time, you don't know.
Speaker 3: What time that is. There's no time of reference.
Speaker 1: There's no routine in the house, and that's something I'm very used to, is having a structure time I get up, time I go for breakfast, all that sort of stuff. So going to the house and not having any routine and just kind of waking up whenever and going to bed whenever, Yeah, it just messed with me something chronic.
Speaker 3: I just didn't think that it would affect me that much.
Speaker 1: I'm very regimented in my sleep pattern usually, and going in there just kind.
Speaker 3: Of like flipped.
Speaker 1: So I wasn't sure if I was getting enough sleep, and yeah, you weren't.
Speaker 3: No, No, not at all, definitely not at all.
Speaker 2: I remember thinking, I'm not sleeping, I'm not eating, I'm not myself. And then I spoke to them afterwards and they were like, yeah, you were only, you know, surviving on about four hours sleep at night and we barely fed you. And you went in weighing seventy two kilos. You've come out weighing fifty nine kilos.
Speaker 5: And I was like what. I was like, where have I been?
Speaker 1: And the food was crazy, Like I was literally for breakfast, I have half a tinn lentils and a tomato with a bit of salt and pepper, and you know, on the outside is you have like avo toast and then like a thick shake and then a coffee and you know, double down on the food. But in there I had nothing and that started getting.
Speaker 3: To me pretty heavy too.
Speaker 2: Well, not something I was going to say to you, but the Big Brother experience can do different things to your bow movements as well. And I remember one housemate said to me, if you go to the bathroom and just fuck do you need to wash your hands? I think you need to go to the bathroom. But you go there and you just be like, oh, I guess nothing happened because you ate nothing for.
Speaker 1: Days literally literally, And I'm kind of glad that it didn't make it on the show.
Speaker 3: But there was a lot of toilet talk, a lot of like, oh have you gone yet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I haven't. Oh okay, no either of I Yeah I haven't either. We haven't haven't managed to have a movement yet. But I'll keep you tune, like, stay stay tuned.
Speaker 2: I didn't go to the bathroom to do anything for three days, and that was because the state of shock that my body must have been going through as well as you know, the food rations and everything else that's going on, and the thought that are these cameras watching me go to the toilet, like is.
Speaker 5: What's going on with me?
Speaker 1: And they are like I swear like it's you know, it's unnerving, especially when you're kind of like having a piss and you're kind of looking out there and being like, yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Should have fluffed this up a little bit or something beforehand.
Speaker 5: We're going off on a terrible tangent here. We're gonna put we're gonna rain this back in.
Speaker 2: So, you know, you started off as the biggest threat in the competition, like you were the fiercest challenge beast, you're the best looking housemate that's in there. All of these things makes it look like you could win the competition. What goes wrong when that happens, though.
Speaker 3: Oh, you just become a huge target. That's playing simple.
Speaker 1: I believe that a lot of the game in the new format is you know, you're gonna be middle of the pack. You really can't be a front runner because then you're just a huge target. And that's essentially what happened. I couldn't help myself but in that first challenge, go helpful ever and take out the win, and then you know, stepping into the next challenge, we had Josh who was like, you know, started gunning for me.
Speaker 3: So then I had to win that one. And then you know, the.
Speaker 1: People are like, oh, he's won two for two now, and I'm going, oh, like, I've put myself in a pretty rough situation here. But then I thought, you know what, I'm going to continue playing this game style and tyres car reward. But you know, if I can pull it off, I can put off. But you know, unfortunately I slipped up and got the acts. I have been seen as quite a big fasils by the house.
Speaker 3: And that's the reason that I was dominated.
Speaker 2: And to time, I wanted to text you, but like it's cruel to text somebody about something that's already happened. But I wanted to say, on the second time you're up for a challenge, throw this in. Throw it in. Don't let these people think you're going to keep winning these challenges. Pretend you've got a wonky h make up a lie that you've got a wooden leg.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, I know, I know, but I just knew.
Speaker 1: I just I knew that Josh was coming for me, and just before the challenge, he came up to me in the kitchen and he was like, you know, if I win, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Put some big players up today.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, oh, well, any possibility that I decided to throw this, it means I'm going home, and I'm not going to go home by throwing a challenge. You know, I didn't feel safe doing that. So I was like, you know what, stick to the original plan. I'm going to go out like a Bullygate, and you know, I give it everything I have. And then yet in the challenge, I had like a really good technique. I pretty much relaxed the entire time. I just locked my arms in and engage my core for short periods of time. And yeah, as you can probably you can see in the show like I barely broke a sweat and it was all just that a technique.
Speaker 3: Really, that's all it came down to.
Speaker 2: Well, I got muscles from just watching it because I was so stressed that I was clenching. And then I'd finish watching these challenges and I would be like the Hulk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, perfect, perfect, get a pump on having to sit down.
Speaker 2: You know, the divide between the ogs and the newbies to me felt like this really obvious and somewhat flat storyline. Did you think it had to be that way? Was there ever a chance that we would have seen a different structure of how the housemates were going to compete against each other?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I reckon that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, initially, that's how it's been framed, and that's how it had to be.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just like when an intruder were to come into the house in like a couple or you know, a three group or whatever, like they would be locked together. You know, it'd be hard for the breakaway and in part of the bigger group. And that's what that's essentially what happened when the Ogs came in and there groups of four and five or three, you know, like they've already formed a bond in either the sewer or in the main frame, you know that type of thing, or they know each other, like when Tali come in with Tim and Drew. You know, so that was pretty evident.
Speaker 3: But I knew like part of my plan was to then break apart some.
Speaker 1: Of the ogs and take them on my side by using that strategy of I'm actually quite a strong physical player in here.
Speaker 3: And if you do want to be safe, well you got to you got to back me.
Speaker 2: And yeah, which is a really good question to ask you, and I really want you to work with me on this one. If you have to eliminate the ogs inner order, what order do you think if you had the chance to do this, like you want a big brother twist pass and you then could choose the order of who you got rid of, as in who you thought with the biggest threats, what is that order?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, sweet, Yeah, I've definitely thought of it this times. Well. So my latest play in the in the house, right, I made a deal with Tim and Drew to get rid of Tully. So Tully was going to be first, but hold on, not yet. So my play was to put up Reggie, Dave and Tully. But I was going to swap out Tully for Tim, so I was going to go yeah, so that would squeezed him out.
Speaker 3: That was step one. Step two was to go for Drew.
Speaker 1: And the deal that I made with Drew and the information he gave me, I was going to use that as leverage. I told Sam, I told Tarras and Alicia and you know, sorry plant those seeds to Sam so that she would lose confidence in Drew. So we'd go Tim first, then Drew. Then after that, I knew that we would have open slabber.
Speaker 3: If we could pull it off.
Speaker 1: I was going to go for a Stelle next, because although I was trying to keep things amicable with her, and I didn't even know that she's.
Speaker 3: The most housemate and I put her up at the start, I.
Speaker 1: Told her that I wouldn't put her up, and just before that last challenge, I even told it to her, I'm not going to put you out.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to vote for you. And then Tully. I think i'd keep Tully in there for a little bit because she'd caused a bit of drama.
Speaker 1: But then we also won a challenge together and we did bond over it for a certain period there, but it was a difficult sort of setting because she had.
Speaker 3: Her alliance with the Ogs. Sure, then I would go for Trev. I'd probably want to keep him in there for as long as possible. I loved his energy and his jokes and all that sort of stuff. And then who had left.
Speaker 5: We've got David next. That's the last of it.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, there you go. I'd probably just hopefully keep those into the end. Really, if I could, I'd take them to the.
Speaker 3: Top with me.
Speaker 2: A lot of people were talking about while the production was happening that the newbies were terrified to even touch Reggie. Did she have like a god type status inside the house that made you all afraid to even contemplate the thought of trying to remove her from the show.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, She's the queen of the Big Brother, you know, So to try and take someone's crown like that, you're playing with fire. And but the main thing was she she's with such a good cause. You know, she's losing her eyesight, her son's got cystic vibrosis. Like, it's a pretty sad situation, and you know, we all felt for her, and it was very hard, you know, to want to put her in a position like that, to take that chance away from her, you know what I mean. So, but at the same time, I was going to use that to my advantage. You know, I was going to use Reggie because no one's going to vote for her, So I was going to use her to squeeze other players out, you know, So especially with Dave, like he has he was in there with the rough Track.
Speaker 3: Kids, such a good cause, it's amazing. He's such a good guy.
Speaker 1: And using those two players who are essentially untouchable, you can use those to squeeze out the person you actually want, such as Tim or Drew or Tully.
Speaker 2: I think they might have been underestimating you. I think even I at this stage, whilst you're explaining this, I think I was underestimating you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that that was interesting because like I talked a lot of strata in the house, but any show steppers, and like I understand your twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, there's you know, heaps of housemates.
Speaker 3: And then we're going to compress that into an hour and a half long video.
Speaker 1: So and it's not going to show about Joel either, it's about it's about the whole game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that a new TV show, A big job. That's the extended version.
Speaker 3: Oh that's it. You're guessing one cut shower scenes as well.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people I'm not saying me, but I have my hand up with This is a podcast, so people can't see, but there'd be a lot of people out there that would sign up to that but away from this mountingness, you know you sort of touched on this. Reggie, Dave and Trevor are not really shown as much as Australia thought. You know, there's a lot of people talking about this online. Is that because their strategy was to fly under the radar or are we not really seeing how they were inside the show?
Speaker 1: No, they were definitely playing under the radar, Like you know, watching the show back, I'm shocked at Reggie, like I love it. You know, she's wanting to make these big plays and you know they're not going to take my crown and I just couldn't imagine her saying that at all, Like that is insane, And I love it because she played such a good game.
Speaker 3: They were playing right on the front of the radar. You know.
Speaker 1: Even Trevor came to me and he said, you know, the reason I'm in here is to help you guys with some big plays.
Speaker 3: And I was like sweet.
Speaker 1: But then you know as we see we watch it and he goes, no, no, we'll get rhythm, like he's a threat. Well we'll get rid of that guy, like you know, this is our one chance to take it, And I'm like, what, you know, I thought we were mates there, Like I thought you were going to help me out, and yeah, definitely playing under the radar.
Speaker 3: But good good for him, like done, Well.
Speaker 2: There's nothing like getting in the way of a former reality television contestant and their screen time. They might be the nicest person in the world, but they will throw you under the bus for just two more minutes exactly.
Speaker 1: And you know what, Well, maybe if I get a returning, you know, call them ten years time, Well I might do the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll leaving the house. Where can you see the biggest feud for me?
Speaker 3: Oh? Probably Tim and Tully. I reckon that they like even in the.
Speaker 1: House what I experienced, like they are so at each other all the time. And you know, I even made a deal with Tim to get rid of Tully because he was sick of her being in the house.
Speaker 3: So you know, I reckon, Yeah, I reckon, that's got to be on the cards.
Speaker 1: Like I'm keen to see what happens next to because yeah, after I left the house, I was really wondering, like Tim and Tally was that actually a play? Like I was always second guessing that, like are they mucking around? Are they trying to look like their enemies. But they're not actually, but I think they actually are like to a degree. They definitely going to on each other's nerves. But Tim loves doing it too. He loves doing the pot.
Speaker 5: What makes someone like you apply for Big Brother?
Speaker 3: The challenges?
Speaker 1: Like, I just love the physical, you know, and mental challenge of the whole the whole game. You know. I've always enjoyed putting my body to the test and testing the limits.
Speaker 3: Really, and you know.
Speaker 1: When I have watched the challenges in previous seasons, like, I've always broken down the challenge and been like, this is how I would approach it, this is how I would do it, and I would. I was just keen to give it a go, you know, and then I proved that I could do it as well, you know, like jumping into those first first challenge, I looked at the knots and I was like, sweet.
Speaker 3: How would I untie that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: What's the tactic?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 3: Would I slide on the top even with the rope ladder?
Speaker 1: I knew that on a rope ladder it's going to be moving about when I climb up, So I put both hands on either side and slid them up the rope because I knew that if I had take my hands off and then back on and had to try and catch the rope, but hands on the side, you could slide up. I was just break compartmentalizing everything, breaking it right down to its base elements, and then making a plan of action and then executing.
Speaker 2: See, I'd be planning a social game, so be rewatching Survivor where you just watched James Bond and Mission Impossible movies, and that is how you became a challenge based you know, we have to talk about this show Man's because it was a huge part of your storyline. Did you go into the house thinking that there might be a love interest for you?
Speaker 1: I definitely knew that there was the potential for that, and that was something that I wasn't too sure if I wanted to enter into, because then I would you know, that can be used as a weakness, you know, if I did have a girlfriend on there, then they could use that as all right, we're going to start attacking her to get to him, you know, if I'm untouchable. But it was a hard one to have one to pick because it's like, do you want to go down that storyline and does that want to be what you're known for on Big Brother as well. That's another thing that's lingering in the background, because I really was focusing on the challenges and the social game and the strat but then all of a sudden, you are now mixed up in this like little relationship and it's a hard one to you know, get out of once you're ended as well.
Speaker 3: And that's what.
Speaker 1: Happened, right so after we split, you know, when our separate ways, then people started playing us against each other, and then you know, you feel segregated, and essentially what we really wanted was to just for the house to go back to normal. We don't want to have to be in these awkward encounters in the house, and you know, if I go to the spa, she doesn't want to go to the spa, or if I go to the living room, she's avoiding that, or vice versa, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, it was it was tricky. It was tricky.
Speaker 5: Did seem to play itself out like an unrequired romance, and the audience was continuously tweeting and wanting to know, were you ever really interested in Alicia?
Speaker 1: I think I was for a short period of time, but then the game kind of set back in, you know what I mean, And like I went in there to for myself to prove to myself that I could push my body to limits and see the new heights that I could reach and that type of thing, and I guess with the relationship side of things, it was.
Speaker 3: A bit of a wild card.
Speaker 1: Like I did know it was on the books, it could happen, but I didn't want that to take things over.
Speaker 3: So I think that's a big part of why I was holding back a lot.
Speaker 2: There's a bit of a bittersweet taste in the mouth of the Australian audiences watching the show over the kiss that you have with Alisha. Some people thought that that was a desperate scramble for you to get her vote, which that's not how I read it, because I kind of felt like you knew you already had her vote without the kiss.
Speaker 1: I'm worried. I believe I could be going home. There's something I need to do, and I think that if I don't, I feel like I would have regrets.
Speaker 5: But how do you read into that?
Speaker 2: Do you think it's fair for the Australian audience to believe that that kiss was just manufactured or orchestrated to keep yourself in the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely didn't see it that way, obviously because I lived at hand. But another big part of it as well, like they've only showed one conversation that we've had outside of that, you know, on the other side of the breakup, right, So we had so many conversations with each other about what we're going to do next, and how we feel and that type of thing. So, you know, I think it was just a lack of information, a lack of knowledge that you know, people can junct to these conclusions and say that, you know, I was using that as as leverage, but you know, she also made up her own mind and she was backing me in the scramble.
Speaker 3: And even after we did break up, she was like, look, we're still mates.
Speaker 1: I still wanted to go back to normal, and she was still on the OG side, I mean, on the newbie side, and she wasn't going to go to the OG side just because we broke up. She still knew that I was a good player and that I still would have her back.
Speaker 3: I never for one second said that I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I have to ask not just for you, but for Drew as well. The telltales sign that boys aren't necessarily into their girls is where they go on a camping trip and say, let's go home and kill our wives. So was it strange severe what have you called severe analogy there? But was that a telltale sign that maybe Drew didn't care for Sam as much as maybe Sam cared for Drew.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I was shocked when Drew came up to me with that proposition.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you something right now, there's something I definitely could never do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that I would not also do that you would also not do. Yeah, but I can do your thing, you could do mine.
Speaker 1: He just gave me a proposition that he would take out Alicia down the track if I can get Sam the victims and didn't show up. But I actually had to reiterate to him. I was like, just so you were clear, right, I'm going to get rid of Sam. You're going to get rid of Alisia? Yeah, And he was like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: And I was sweet good because I wanted to be very clear because then I knew as soon as he started talking, I was like, all right, he has given me so much ammunition.
Speaker 1: Right now, I'm going to be hit and in with everything, you know, I was like, all right. As soon as she started talking, I was like, all right, Joe, you've got to listen to this conversation. But at the same time, I'm planning the next five steps ahead of this. So I was like, all right, I'm gonna tell Alsha straight up. You know, she needs to know that this is what's going on. I'm going to tell Taraz to back me up. So there's two people, and then the two people I'm going to keep close. Right then I was like, all right, well, then I need to get Drew on the chopping block and how do I turn the numbers, you know in the house? And as we all know, the floaters hold a lot of power in the house because we have two big sides, and Sam was a floater, you know.
Speaker 3: As she started leaning towards.
Speaker 1: The og side, I was like, well, is she you know it gets winned that her boyfriend has made a deally get rid of her.
Speaker 3: She's not going to be very happy. She's not really going to have him in the house.
Speaker 1: So I was like, cool, I'll use that to play Drew and then they'll be going.
Speaker 3: So that was that was my play.
Speaker 2: I think the term is pulling the pin. I think you pulled the pin and threw a grenade as you left the show, and everyone online was talking about this move from Estelle last night. Getting the J crew separated is a big move. I think that the ripple effect of what you've just done with pulling the pin in this scenario will have more long term effects than even removing and separating the J crew.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, Like you play with fire, you're getting it burned like I was going out with a bang, That's for sure.
Speaker 3: It's a smart play by a Stell as well.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, absolutely she had to do and she you know, everyone knew that this is the one opportunity that they had to get rid of me.
Speaker 3: You know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like I definitely left some fires burning in the back of the walls, and you know, they were still in the living room and there's nothing on fire in there at the moment.
Speaker 3: But the river come down soon enough.
Speaker 2: I can say, knowing Estelle as well as I do and knowing her love of rap music, she understands that you've got one shut what's.
Speaker 3: The one shut? One opportunity?
Speaker 5: Way, I'm moving on, moving on very quickly.
Speaker 1: Little stab, little stab she did get rid of me. Okay, I go to my little jabs when I can.
Speaker 2: She's fantastic television to watch this series, so, you know, and I think it's just starting to get more and more interesting. Is there anything that you would do differently?
Speaker 1: You know what, As silly as it probably sounds, no, Like, I had such a good time in there.
Speaker 3: I gave it everything I had, And if I.
Speaker 1: Could do anything differently, I would have just stayed up there for a little bit longer.
Speaker 3: That's about it, I think. So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew it was a high riskireward game and I was playing to the best of my ability, and then I lost the challenge and now mount So yeah, but it was great.
Speaker 3: It was great, like the experience was.
Speaker 1: It was amazing, like lots of highs, lots of lows, Like I learned so much about myself and how to operate and all that sort of stuff, especially coming out.
Speaker 4: Of the house.
Speaker 2: So You're reunited with your ex girlfriend now in the real world, and I've met Victoria. She's wonderful. How have you gone watching the show together? Has she found it hard to watch with the Alicia storyline? Has she found she been a bit critical on how you know you could go?
Speaker 5: Has she been?
Speaker 2: I can imagine, knowing Victoria now as well as I do that she'd probably hit you and say, well, what's going on here? How's it?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 3: Watching the show, it's very fiery as she is. But it's great. I love it. It's good. Now.
Speaker 1: Victoria's been good about it, like she's been watching the challenges and the strat and that type of thing. And then you know it's to kind of look away from the TV when I'm cuddling up to Alicia and that type of thing. But yeah, she's fine, she's supportive, and yeah, she just doesn't really want to watch me knoling with someone else on TV, which I totally get.
Speaker 2: You just have to say, what does Sandra Bullock say in Speed? You know, relationships based on extreme situations never last.
Speaker 5: That one.
Speaker 2: That's what happens with Big Brother. All of these relationships that happened in the house, they never last. Never everyone's in the house.
Speaker 5: I love you?
Speaker 2: How come I met my soulmate on Big Brother? And then new Idea of Woman's Day Everything relationship got put.
Speaker 5: You know, yeah for TV Week, which gone don't miss out on TV.
Speaker 3: Week that's you guys, get in there.
Speaker 2: Have you made any lifelong friends? Because the Big Brother experience is quite interesting. Inside the show, you can have very extreme connections with people, then after the show the bonds can shift. You know, who have you walked out of the show and what might surprise Australia to know is your your lifelong friends?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Trass, for sure. I caught up with him last night.
Speaker 1: We watched my eviction together and like, he's such a good guy, Like I love him, I reckon you know, he's going to do pretty well with the challenges and his social game that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Like I'm keen to see what he does in the show.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he's just an awesome guy, super supportive when you know when we've we've caught up recently while the show's airing, like where he's talking about the different pros and cons and like the little conversations that were missed and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he's awesome and he lives like twenty minutes from me, which is so crazy.
Speaker 2: A lot of fans are also discussing online about the series and what improvements they want. If you could change any element now that you've actually played the game. Is there anything in the Big Brother Game you would like to change?
Speaker 1: I reckon that they should like incorporate the weekly voting with the nominations challenge.
Speaker 3: Right, so if you were to win the challenge, you know, you have three.
Speaker 1: Housemates go up, Australia could vote and save one of those, and then the housemates would vote on the last two. I think that'd be good because that would incorporate a social side of the game as well, not just purely challenge based and becoming a big threat and that type of thing. Because if you were able to actually show that you're a genuine person, you can people can connect with you, and that type of thing like that shows through a lot more than just winning a challenge that you know, like if it was me Reggie in a tug of war, well, you know I'm going to win that. But you know, if she were to change, and people who looked at my personality versus her personality, people might fall in love with mine and hate hers or vice versa. And that way it would be a level playing field that wouldn't purely just be all right, you win challenges, let's attack this guy. You know, Okay, you've oh, you won this one and you've nominated my friends. Well now you're going down. It's more of an Australia to look and be like, oh, well, you know that was a smart play. We want to back this guy, or no, we don't like his play. He's playing dirty, you know. So it's I think that make it better having the two part element of the voting for nominations.
Speaker 2: I think I think all of the super fans of Big Brother or the purest of Big Brother are hoping for that live element because yes, there's a lot of talk about the challenges and how different that's made the game. But I think ultimately the missing piece of the puzzle is Australia's involvement on the control of the house. There needs to be some of that now. To celebrate twenty one years of Big Brother, I've dug out Bretel Colleen's questions that she asked every housemate for six years that she hosted the show. She had a top ten questions that she would ask. We're going to fly through these, so these are sort of you don't need to go into as much detail otherwise we'll be here all day. So we're gonna go Are you ready?
Speaker 3: I am? Let's get it.
Speaker 5: What did you miss the most inside the Big Brother House.
Speaker 3: I missed the beach. I like, I love going to the beach every day I can.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I just missed going to the sunrise of the morning, get my coffee, watching the sun come up, and then startying my day.
Speaker 3: That was That was it? Hardly.
Speaker 5: Who was your favorite person in the house?
Speaker 3: Trass?
Speaker 1: He was cool. He was just mad on every front. He was quirky, he was funny, he had good strategy. You know, you just you can't not love him.
Speaker 5: Who was your least favorite person inside the Big Brother House?
Speaker 3: Oh? Least favorite?
Speaker 1: You know what I think is it'd have to be Gabby. Unfortunately I did probably like that here and this, But you know I tried to pull some big plays off, and she kept floating between science and you know, as you can see. At one point in time, I you know, told her that you know, trust is a currency, and you know, if you don't have trust, and what.
Speaker 2: Do you have?
Speaker 5: Who had the most annoying habit?
Speaker 1: I think it had to be a Stelle, Actually she had. She kept asking people to be mindful of the like the power usage in the house, and you know, it's an odd thing to ask when there's hundreds of cameras going, there's hundreds of lights going, there's led strip turning on and off down the hallway, and she was asking us to all, you know, put out, not put our clothes in.
Speaker 3: The dryer, but hang them up on the line.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if you can see the line, but there's something about four lengths of you know, space, like there's this is only enough for her for about six towns.
Speaker 5: Who was the laziest person in the house.
Speaker 3: Oh, the laziest person.
Speaker 1: Look, I didn't really see it because I was always she's kind of in there doing stuff.
Speaker 3: But apparently, like at least she didn't really do a whole lot. When it came to the cooking and cleaning.
Speaker 1: She definitely tried to give it a go, but I found her evading a lot of things.
Speaker 3: But yeah, maybe even Gabby as well.
Speaker 5: What was your greatest regret?
Speaker 3: I think the threat to Gabby.
Speaker 1: I think that could have been done a better way. So in that.
Speaker 3: Situation, what actually occurred was I had.
Speaker 1: Drew circling me during that conversation, and then I had Tim sitting only a couple of meters away, and I was just trying to get my point across in the most concise direct way possible. And what I wish I did was remove myself and Gabby from that whole situation and speak to her outside, you know, because I didn't want to give up my entire plan, So I had to give the short, sharp, sweet answer, which came across pretty harshly. And then as a result, Gabby was the swing and decided.
Speaker 3: To keep Drew.
Speaker 5: Who will be the next person out of Big Brother?
Speaker 1: I thought it'd be Tully or a Stelle because you know, I'd hope that the j crew would be straight onto a Stelle, you know, as she's put all three of us up and then I've left. But then also with Tully, like the deal that I made with Tim and Drew, I thought they would still want to follow through with that. But so yeah, I reckon one of those two would be going.
Speaker 5: Who do you think is going to win Big Brother twenty twenty two?
Speaker 1: Oh look, I've always said this and I'll continue saying it. I reckon tras like he's just such a good guy, fun loving and as you see, like in a lot of a lot of challenges, is not too far behind. And I think that as more brant runners to get picked off. He's just gonna be able to step up. But yeah, Like I remember the first eviction ceremony when we had the option to either keep the eviction and go ahead with it and see someone go home or save everyone. I remember sitting there thinking myself, like, how I answer this is how I'll be seen on TV?
Speaker 3: Right? But then Tarrass gets asked a question by Sonya, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: And he said, this is something that probably goes against the grain for everyone here and how everyone wants to be seen and all that type of thing, but this is coming from the heart, and I believe that this election.
Speaker 3: Should go ahead.
Speaker 1: That was just so crazy to see that he didn't have like he wasn't worried about any consequences at that point in time. He was just speaking his absolute truth. And I just thought, this guy is amazing. He is just the coolest dude for doing that, and I admired him, and from that day on we really clicked and became good friends and we still love.
Speaker 2: I love forever friendship out of Big Brother House. I have a few of those myself. I just want to say, before you go something, I ask everybody something I ask everyone who joins the podcast gets this question. That is, what is something from behind the scenes that we did not see from your Big Brother experience? We won't see sort of a behind the scenes secret about the Big Brother experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no ceiling.
Speaker 1: There's actually a lot of light boxes and air conditioning ducts and stuff like.
Speaker 3: That, you know, all the really good lighting that makes us hopefully look good on TV.
Speaker 2: So no ceiling, just beautiful lighting. A lot of ring lights for all those ladies.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, the whole ceiling which is coming in rings.
Speaker 2: Really mate, I absolutely have loved watching you on the show. You're a very memorable player for the twenty twenty two series. I've disappointed you're out because I think that you would have definitely shaken up the game. But thank you so much for joining us on TV Relo today and good luck with your post Big Brother experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cheers, Thanks hes Ben, thanks for having me.