Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good Morning Jack, Bonding guys, Good morning Patsy, Morning boy. Huge overnight action at the Australian Open. I see Rio, did you manage to actually weed you away there to see the Jokovic game?
Speaker 4: Well, as they say, sometimes journalism takes a day off, and yesterday I was pretty tired, so I didn't make it to the tennis.
Speaker 3: And then what kind of tennis correspondent ie you for the show where you're tired? The players are out there playing four or five hoursat.
Speaker 5: News never sleeps, my friend, yes.
Speaker 4: Does nothing from unless you're tired. News never sleeps unless you're tired.
Speaker 3: Always running on time.
Speaker 6: Perhaps he eats and Pooh's tired.
Speaker 1: That's right, except for over some of the summer holidays when she was sleeping into that's.
Speaker 3: The only time that shark sleeps and one eye open.
Speaker 1: It's more likely than.
Speaker 3: The boot.
Speaker 4: I also I didn't the Djokovic match sort of came on at about eight thirty and I wanted to.
Speaker 6: Get journalism get a little so I also didn't.
Speaker 7: Stay up to watch the obviously the big match of the day.
Speaker 3: Back. Thank you for being the show's tennis.
Speaker 1: This is where it actually gets more interesting because we're into the quarters.
Speaker 3: I might have stayed up till eleven o'clock. I'm not the show self appointed tennis staying up. I thought that you'd been getting your beauty, sleeping on your pillow.
Speaker 1: He felt the vacuum.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 7: What were you I got?
Speaker 3: I saw him take the third set, and I thought I should go to bed now, and I knew it was getting into the fourth and you just know Djokovic has got this. He just has this what is it? You call it a vintage mode, goes into vintage mode, he just kicks in.
Speaker 4: He's fueled by hate. And when he's fueled by hate, he's unstoppable.
Speaker 3: Do you know it's fuel by hate.
Speaker 7: It's like when he came back the year after.
Speaker 3: We we chumped him in that hotel, on that plane. He's had quite the relationship with Melbourne.
Speaker 8: Obviously got a point to prove, but he doesn't have a point to prove. But he's just doing it anyway just to.
Speaker 3: Get I think he picks pats. I think you're wrong. I think he needs to have an edge. Like if you watch the Michael Jordan documentary, he was constantly picking fights because it gave him his edge.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, And I think the whole of Melbourne now his enemy. And so he really loves like when he came back he beat demon or in straight sets like six love six one sixty one or something straight after And now you can see in his eyes where every time he does something, he like looks at the crowd and it's sort of like stuff you.
Speaker 3: There was a great moment last night because obviously he knew it was going to go late in the evening and the cut to the crowd and his family were there, so the kids down and his wife, his youngest daughter just looks at dad and taps her. Watchers say get on with it. In a week, it might have been ten dressed as a ten year old girl. It may have been this girlspondent Rio.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Djokovitch goes through to the semifinal. That is his fiftieth Grand Slam semifinal. That is insane his record. The other thing I saw is that Andy Murray is his new coach, and they kept cutting during the long this big apic comeback yesterday to Andy Murray for a reaction don't bother. Andy Murray is Scottish, not big reactors. They push it right down. Even at the end when there was joyous scenes and Jokovic ran over to Murray to say, hey, thank you new coach. Andy Murray didn't know what to do because he's Scottish with unbridled enthusias.
Speaker 6: No, no, what do you what do you do with this joy?
Speaker 3: And then did someone never seen before offered up two fists as a double fist bump. It's now very hard for Jokovic. He's holding a racket. Does he throw the racket to the ground to return the double fist bump? Have you ever seen the double fist bump?
Speaker 1: And never?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 1: I don't really like the single no, no.
Speaker 3: No, because it's very hard. It's not a common thing. Is it a fist bump? Right? And so when some one does present one, you really got it. It's hard to get it.
Speaker 1: Connecting right swashed up. Last thing you want in front of the whole TV audience is for any Murray and Jokovic to be like you go up, No, I've grabbed your hand. No, I've grabbed your fist at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's just there's just too much going on. Now, Patsy, how are you as your count down the last few days of the school holidays before Already goes back to school.
Speaker 6: You're in the dead zone exactly.
Speaker 8: That It is the dead sign. She is so bored, so she doesn't go until like next like Friday week back to school.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's been like eight weeks.
Speaker 1: Can you do that thing where you send them out on their bike and come home at dinner time?
Speaker 3: That's that's what was up. That was up. That was my summer holiday. Ever throughout childhood was just like they used to go get out the house, Yes, lovely, do out there, get out the hat, welcome here. Now say you can't stay in the horse all those home? Why not?
Speaker 8: But they do get to a point where they just need to go back to school.
Speaker 3: They also get really testy and fairal She is that point where they're just they're just a bit busy around completely.
Speaker 8: Chris said last night, just after dinner, he said, you know, there's not much at the cinema that we particularly want to see. We can't go and see Better Man because it's a fifteen plus.
Speaker 5: But you know what I.
Speaker 3: Think, stretch on that Mormons at home with Chris. It's fifteen, don't don't dune what would happen? She's probably seen all those clips on her phone anyway.
Speaker 1: But I wasn't allowed until I was fifteen to see any of that, and I turned out just fine. So you're doing the right thing.
Speaker 3: Well, she can't go and see Better Man until she's fifteen years it's a long old way.
Speaker 6: Out on blu ray.
Speaker 5: Would they at this cinema? Yes, they do.
Speaker 6: Babies in these days of cinemas.
Speaker 1: This is interrupting your story, but I will tell you something really sad. When I was in year seven trying to make new friends, first year of high school, a bunch of kids, We're going to see Air Force one for a guy called Darcy's birthday, and my mum didn't let me go because of rated and your kids. So all the kids giving each other high fires on Monday morning?
Speaker 2: How good?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I still I haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: So no better Man, no better Man? So that what about? What if Chris reckon about the did the movie that's out tomorrow? There is some mild cussing in that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it's not out yet, like they went last night.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, what they're going to say.
Speaker 5: So they went and saw my fasser.
Speaker 6: What about better Man? No cartoon animals for you had a lion's story.
Speaker 8: But it's funny because they went to the nine fifteen session, right.
Speaker 1: So an evening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so obviously I did later.
Speaker 3: She's up, she's got more stamina than old real school chuck him in.
Speaker 8: But so I went to bed obviously, but I was still awake when they, like I just couldn't sleep. I was still awake and they were home at like ten twenty and it.
Speaker 5: Goes for two hours.
Speaker 8: So obviously I haven't spoken to them to see what they thought of it, but I think maybe they have.
Speaker 5: So I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: A long movie, maybe too much swearing in drug Yeah, always.
Speaker 3: A badly behaved lion, that shame on. Move faster, come on, we're going right now, young Missy.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell here, my wife has gone to Barley. We've never been to Barley. In our seven years in Australia living here, we've not yet been to Barley. And my wife called me as soon as she landed yesterday. Right, you guys been to Barley.
Speaker 1: I've not been.
Speaker 5: I've been a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where do you go? Where's nice to go?
Speaker 5: It'specially beautiful is usually where we love?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And what's the flight light when he go over?
Speaker 5: It's easy, it's five hours.
Speaker 3: My wife calls me yesterday horrified at the high quota of I just used her words, never seen so many bogans, Chris and I guess. She said, it's it's off peak now, so it's a lot cheaper jet staff flight going to Barley from Australia. She said it was shocking, shocking. There was a family in front of her right, they had two young kids. Mom and dad drink thinking heavily, nonsense, getting smashed with had to limit out midday with the kids. And then there was another family and one of the kids was like kicking the chair of a woman in front, and the woman in front, you know, kept complaining and then complained, and then the family behind told her shut up, bitch face. Isn't that awful?
Speaker 9: Awful?
Speaker 1: This time you're pretty much singing in the upper levels of a Collingwood football match.
Speaker 5: When does she gets a pie or Sarah?
Speaker 3: What have you said? It is a retreat?
Speaker 6: Are you in a training camp? With the pies fast.
Speaker 3: Sarah's actually joined the cheers squad of the pies.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is so aggressive. But what it does is then it's a stale, icy feeling on the rest every passenger on that fly.
Speaker 3: So I said to Sarah, my wife is you know, she's a powerful lady, very powerful, not one to back down from anything, if anything something to instigate stuff. And I went, now, you won't given that old Sarah stinkarte She went, Chris out was smiling and I didn't engage because I was two words. She said this, because I was two word. At any moment, the drinker could easily go into a mid flight broad But you're right, that thing you're like and you can't fully relax because you just don't know any the heavily drinking emotions always raised up in the air. Tell me this, then, what do you think out of any flight would have the highest quota? Is where my mind goes. Yesterday in the evening, I was thinking, what do you think of the percentage? Would it be to the Gold Coast? You'd have a fair whack.
Speaker 1: Now, I flew to the Gold Coast in summer and it was a few Yeah, that's a high quota, but I don't think it would be bart.
Speaker 3: I tell you what I saw a really first hand high quote. It was Australians coming back from Pouquet Yep. A lot of a lot of both legs tattooed and not easily identifiable tattoos where you're like, is that a fat auntie or Elvis? I think when it's like that, put the name on. Whether it's the name that is, we need footnotes, a big old five thongs, sort of bing tang t shirts like that. Lots of bo lots of sweats. You know.
Speaker 1: Rio told me that since starts doing Japan direct flights down Bogans have found Japan.
Speaker 3: No no, yeah, poor Tokyo.
Speaker 4: There was a complaint I think from like the Japanese tourist minister or something about.
Speaker 7: Australians like loutish Japan and they were.
Speaker 4: Telling this to please stay away from the main tourist spots.
Speaker 3: Where else what are the flights you think we'd have a high share then of bog It's weird.
Speaker 1: Which city do we think in Australia going to Bali? I think it can't be Ballei.
Speaker 3: But baby, you can't help. But right now, keep looking at you. And when I say you, I don't mean you Jack or Rio, but I'm afraid are beloved. Can I just say beloved? Producer Caitlin And you are from an area where you grow them?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm from northern New South Wales.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm half bogging myself so I feel.
Speaker 3: Like, no, I'm not judging. I'm merely just in case anyone's thinking, are you having a pop Christian? Not at all. I'm merely looking at this from an anthropological point of view, like Sir David Attenberg is if I was not watching monkeys but actually observing people.
Speaker 10: Just let her know that if she was scared on the way over there, just wait until the way back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get this, k She's going to a retreat, so a lot of harm fully undone on the way back.
Speaker 10: I will be drinking in sadness returning to Australia and.
Speaker 3: Maybe I should stay. So go get yourself a being Town T shirt that is blended. Then you can be one of them in disguise.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Good One into Kelly Christian.
Speaker 3: We went to getting Thailand over Christmas as well, and you're right, we were so embarrassed by the other assies or the flat back and at the airport really loud, awful behavior. Particicating said to think about what flight would have the highest quota of Bogans on What do you reckon?
Speaker 10: It is without a doubt gold Coast to demper Sar is the most Bogan flight in.
Speaker 6: Australia with down Now why is it like a magnet? What's so?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 6: Is it the cheap beer food, sunshine tax?
Speaker 5: It's the people.
Speaker 10: It's like all of Queensland and Logan and all that love going down to the Goldie Jump.
Speaker 6: It's a pilgrimage. It's a Bogan pilgrimage.
Speaker 1: So where you're from in tweedtheads? Are you not counting yourself as? Is that not? I noticed there's a lot of distance here queens.
Speaker 3: She looks like she's about to glassy with that eye there as well, passic Bogan move that classic someone.
Speaker 10: I'm a proud Bogan and Northern New South Wales without a doubt we are Bogans because we're too close to Queensland.
Speaker 5: It's Queensland's fault, right.
Speaker 3: Why did you say you were half Bogan? What would qualify you as a half.
Speaker 1: My dad's side. So my dad was born and raised in West Hardenberg, Bogan Heartland.
Speaker 6: Is it West Heider Works Bogan Heartland.
Speaker 1: That side of my family. I don't think that would mind me saying is more Bogan than my mom's side.
Speaker 3: I think they are going to mind you saying that. I'm surprised that, Pats you've got any Bogan blood in.
Speaker 8: Your Oh you think you always label me as the biggest Bogan on the show.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't, I don't know. No, that's not you, that's old mate, that's Macca though, mate, would you say that's Bogan Heartland? Now? I thought you told us that was the Silicon Valley or and Patsy, hats off to you. I read an article over Christmas where it was talking about the Werriby Corridor and saying it was boom time for housing.
Speaker 6: He called it years ago the Silicon Valley.
Speaker 8: Of Melbourne and big, like there's a big proposed UNI development out there and it's going to be like.
Speaker 3: Teach Bloody would be on the onid. Locals like pats And were thrown rocks at the library. You get that knowledge, you take it out, there'd not be fifteen books in there, Lolita and stuff about magic and that.
Speaker 8: I guess I am a bogain in that I own a pair of moccasins, so that would make me a bogain.
Speaker 3: I think most people own a pair of moccasins. All right, let's get into Late to the party. This is a home for all your emails to the show Late. We begin with an apology from one of our listeners who called the show yesterday and everything was tracking along really well until they made a line about an acid math.
Speaker 6: Actually for your husband.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we all were like, it was chilling. It was chilling, and there was no need for it, right. And I'm pleased to see that Paul, who is a beloved listener who's always on the time, where Sir Paul from coobi up has actually taken the time yesterday.
Speaker 6: I like the fact it was five to four, so maybe before he went.
Speaker 3: Home for the day. It's unfinished business to apologize to the show. Hey, gang, great to hear you back on for the new year. Sorry about this morning's call. My comment about the acid went too far. I sincerely apologize. I have a folder where I keep some of my favorite emails from right many abuse from the early days and still just to fail something. This is going to go in there someone an adult having to apologize about calling your show and the acid comment went too far. Is one for the ages. Poor apology accepted. It's all good, my friend. Yes, in the show, we were talking about your spottings of celebrities by any body of water, Celebrits by the ocean. This comes from James in the UK a podcast listener, Christian. I hope you enjoyed your couple of days off. I saw when he was Prime Minister, the UK Prime Minister David Cameron on a beach in Cornwall. He was going boogie boarding. It's so English, it's not very States like, oh hello, a little bit of service coming in is broken, so it's not too frightening. Kids.
Speaker 1: Perfect David Cameron standing up, belly on the ball.
Speaker 3: Belly down. It was when his daughter had just been born. So I said congratulations to him as he went past. Next thing I heard was him swearing and insecurity guards sprinting down to the beach.
Speaker 6: He slipped off rocks and landed in a rock pole. Eagan is down.
Speaker 3: I just pick him up. Actually it's not the bodyguard. Oh don't forget to get his boogie boards attached to.
Speaker 6: His legs down.
Speaker 3: He's in a rock pol in Cornwall, Christian, I want to take part in knock it into the park.
Speaker 6: Keen to have a red hot go.
Speaker 3: I often get the pits taken out of me by my mates because I beat Andy Murray at school. Come on, come on, come on, it's there's no where to prove that. No, we don't need there's no room for it for you. My friend ask you on Monday when we came back after a few days off, what is good in you in your life? Heather, a wedge tailed eagle stole a thorn and dropped it in our yard, and now I'm a mum to a thorn. Okay, Bobby, you know listener Bobby who entered the competition once for the Jingles.
Speaker 6: Yes, he's after the Grammys.
Speaker 1: What's he doing?
Speaker 3: I don't know. He's after the Grammys.
Speaker 6: As I said, is he singing?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: Have you sing in there?
Speaker 3: Bobby? We need to know more. Brendan first Flemington winner and joined the golf club. You remember of the golf club.
Speaker 1: Yet I am knew its country club?
Speaker 3: Country club?
Speaker 6: Well, we is the boken one they know about your Bogan heritage.
Speaker 1: It actually is very blue collar.
Speaker 11: Yeah, get out of it. Get out of It's an oxymoron. They don't have blue collar right. You're all playing in denim are you? And Ben tanged shirts in the clubhouse blue color golf club.
Speaker 3: And Josephine my daughter having her baby girl the day before new is the best feeling and a great start new year as well as always the email address you need for late Tola party comes straight into my inbox Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot.
Speaker 2: Au Christian o connor Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: So two days time, we are live from the Australian Open. Knock it into the park. We're going to be live from the Key Arena. Jack and I courtside inside the Key Arena, a load of you outside the Key Arena trying to knock a tennis ball into the arena, into the surface box. Whoever does it the first? You're off to the finals this weekend. That's the Women's on Saturday and then the men's on Sunday. Amazing prize whole weekend of Grand Slam tennis for the winner. It's incredible.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I came up with this idea a couple of years ago. I'm not. I just have a rough idea of how it's going to work. That's all you and I need to. But I've noticed the producers don't appear to be across absolutely everything. So I'd like to call an immediate emergency meeting right now. Knock it into the park. But you, si, rio, how's it going to go?
Speaker 4: Okay, you go to the Olympic Boulevard side of Kea Arena and you're serving towards the MCG. You have to hit the ball over the Kea Arena roof, over the crowd, over the net, and into the ad court of the service box opposite.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm listening to this right now. My name is Dave. I don't know too much about that tennis. What's ad court side mean?
Speaker 4: The ad court side is the second service side, So you know how you switch sides? You serve it on one side, then you go to the other side. It's the second side. I actually shouldn't know that myself.
Speaker 6: No, I just so, why can't it be any service box?
Speaker 7: Well, then we'd have to serve from the other side.
Speaker 4: Oh, I s you're playing a game as if you're playing a game, exactly, gotcha?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Nice like it, and then you said it will sail over the roof and over the crowd. How many many members of the crowd will they bear at six am on Friday?
Speaker 7: And Alex the engineer, probably that's a crowd. Theree is a crowd.
Speaker 3: Keep your love life out on this day. And what happens if none of our contestants do this? Suddenly it's like five to nine, what do we do?
Speaker 7: That's when we go, all right, team pow wow.
Speaker 3: Now we pow wow. Now the semi finalist Friday. We can't have Jokovich limbering up. Okay, maybe I wants to have a test hit there at the key or we know, we go and hang on mate, we're just having a pow wow. Yeah, we've got to give the tickets to maybe see you play in the final.
Speaker 7: Okay, if you want to bring have a premature power.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 3: Show has been off for seven weeks. I was told to producers have been back a week before.
Speaker 6: Getting things ready. What else have you got to get ready?
Speaker 4: Well, what you could do is you could have whoever's closest, whoever the two closest shots are too getting it in. They can play off, have a hit and hit off. Yeah, then if one of them gets it in, they win, or if need of them get them in, then we just go whoever's closest closest to the pin, closest to the pan.
Speaker 3: So we're going to be marking where the bull lands are. We suddenly Jack and I got quite to do. Now we're not a fan of this.
Speaker 4: That's why you're in the first in the umpire's chair, so you have a perfect bird's eye view, just like they.
Speaker 3: I have like a small desk for like some snacks and drinks because there's going to be.
Speaker 7: A lot show up the umpires normally have.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to bring my own snacks there because they're missing a treat by the way, umpires have maybe a book when some of the games get a cheeky little king.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this in the umpires chair, you're doing the whole show from up there.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. You know, Jack and I.
Speaker 1: Or am I some kind of like.
Speaker 6: Jack?
Speaker 4: You are a ball boy, so you will be you know, running around, got little fluffy hat, arms in the air, and you'll be you know, making sure you know exactly where the ball lands so we can have the closest to.
Speaker 1: I'm marking where the ball lands.
Speaker 7: Will give you a little cone.
Speaker 3: This is all good to know because I didn't know any of the cone doesn't obviouslyeing golf. It's a very precise thing you put down for where your ball was when you take it away. Sometimes when you when you're putting, putting a ain't cone down? Is it closest to have been? There's no accuracy.
Speaker 4: Very We'll find the most precise cones on the market and we'll bot in.
Speaker 6: Forty eight hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've got a good precise game guy.
Speaker 7: I'll give him a call and he'll.
Speaker 3: Participate in anything else you want to add, mate, how do you see it going on Friday? Have we covered everything?
Speaker 10: We are absolutely coved and we're fine to go. And yes, if we.
Speaker 6: Don't want that.
Speaker 3: You know when a surgeon goes time of death, I'm calling it out six fifty seven. Why would you do that? You're now challenging the radio gods. One of us is going to get struck by lighting. Now, why would you do that? Never?
Speaker 6: Good to go God.
Speaker 1: The last twenty minutes when you came in here during the song, it's like we need to meet.
Speaker 3: This is all we need to jump into a meeting to work out how this is all going to go. I just wasum, we all knew how it was going to go.
Speaker 5: We have a lot of contestants, so we've.
Speaker 6: Got to make sure I blame them.
Speaker 5: We've got the right amount.
Speaker 10: Of people cool to be able to do it, you know, like in a break because we've only got so much time and we want to make sure that everyone gets their two hits and we have an outcome.
Speaker 5: So how are we going to do that?
Speaker 10: I just wanted to kind of discuss those things, a little intricate things.
Speaker 3: Nothing, okay, So Jack and I are courtside add side ball boy umpire guy with snacks.
Speaker 7: Yes again, now we've added where are.
Speaker 3: You are you with the contest.
Speaker 7: With the contestants, making sure you're.
Speaker 3: Like Roman bet get a fash right lean into it.
Speaker 6: Have you got a fake tash guy to go with the precise code? Go get a fake tash to be now.
Speaker 3: Renaming you for Friday for one day on the roaming Rio.
Speaker 6: Who have you got there?
Speaker 3: Oh? Thanks? Christ and be slate hunched over like BC done than bothering people, bothering and doors slamming in your face.
Speaker 1: Adding very little and see now why this is in premature because I couldn't get the mustache on Friday morning around the city looking for mustache.
Speaker 3: Too late, too late, all that miss comedy gone out the window.
Speaker 6: Thank god we had a premature on power Wow.
Speaker 7: I feel so much better now.
Speaker 3: New word for this year, Team our meetings is now going to come an endless stream of premature Powerwells.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show Gone podcast.
Speaker 3: Coming up in an hour's time. There's back for the first time this year. What are the Odds? Very excited. I love What are the Odds? We do this every Wednesday, ey AND's you just tell us your stories of coincidence and chance. You can get them there if you want and text me four seven five three one oh four three. So tomorrow the Bob Dylan movie opens, Complete Unknown, which I saw on Friday night, which is really good. And I love the Robbie Williams movie Better Man. There's a whole slew in three months time the eagerly anticipated Bruce Springsteen movie Delivery from Nowhere, where Jammie Allen White plays the Boss, who I think would be brilliant. Now, so there's a lot of these movies now musical biopics, and I saw it as a Britney Spears one. You actually wrote a book about a couple of years, sold out five million copies, and the same director and writer that did Wicked have brought it up. They're going to develop it and it's a hell of a story, the Brittany Spirits story. So this morning, I want to know who else deserves a musical biopic Patsy, who do you think Bras?
Speaker 5: Oh, well, i'd have to say yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean he's coming out very very soon. I have to say, Brian Adams.
Speaker 3: What would it be called? Because can you change the trend? It's normally a line or a song title title?
Speaker 5: Who would play Brian?
Speaker 3: The producers, I said an hour ago, make sure that you briefed Patsy on that.
Speaker 8: I've got no idea what we're doing, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, please, can you just I'll take a number. I'll take a number, come back like it?
Speaker 6: The Delhi Jackie Boy?
Speaker 3: Who would it be for you?
Speaker 1: I have just recently watched the avicumentary on Netflix.
Speaker 3: I saw it over Christmas. I didn't think that you would be into hardhouse and tech. Note.
Speaker 1: I knew nothing about a beach except for the song sounded familiar. He's most famous songs. Now, I'm all about a beachy story story this guy, So I would make it a beachy biopick because it's all in there. This guy is like form with this incredible talent where he can't even play an instrument, but the laptop is his instrument. He's putting the melodies in and all through his journey in the music industry, he just cares about the music, and they keep trying to like make him play shows, make him make albums, work with this person, work with this band, work with everybody. He just loves the music and he just wants to get back to make a music man.
Speaker 3: It's a great story. Have you seen both the documentaries, because there's the one I'm Tim. I've seen I'm Tim, I come into the other one.
Speaker 6: The other one is his last sets, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know I've not seen no one. I've seen the story that.
Speaker 3: He's seen the story, but didn't see his last ever set.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't expect that to be too document.
Speaker 6: Are you enough with Tim?
Speaker 2: Were?
Speaker 3: I'm out? But I'd pay for a movie for who would play him? And what's it called?
Speaker 1: I think it would be called Wake Me Up. The song we just heard him, and I think it would be Austin Butler, and I know he just was Elvis.
Speaker 3: Wow, listen, take a numberin Butler's back as a vichy me up.
Speaker 1: If you bring up a vechy, you can sort of see Austin Butler bleaching his hair and becoming a veccy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I kind of, yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: I do know what you mean. But do you think it's enough for a big movie, because ultimately you are seeing a guy who's behind a laptop.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can imagine. I can picture this in the trailer. He's trying. The music industry is hearing about him. He's getting really popular, and they're like, okay, what instrument does he play? And then manichesta go he doesn't play an instrument.
Speaker 6: No, no, goose bugs. That's when this summer.
Speaker 3: That's why there's a guy behind a desk chomping on a cigar and someone comes running in, bus I've got him the next big thing. This guy is gonna blow up huge. We gotta sign him.
Speaker 6: Up, all right, what does he lazy singers cheering? Who have you got? He doesn't play any instruments? This summer I'm Tim.
Speaker 1: And then you hear it like the same boss with the cigar, and Lake.
Speaker 3: Doesn't even playing You're never work in this townletop.
Speaker 1: You can see, Oh.
Speaker 3: I could feed it. We're gonna see you at the Oscars, my friend. We need to start developing this and then but then you are going to come down to like So when I saw the Bob Dylan movie, it all centers around this big, famous lambark performance he made at a folk festival where we he went electric for the first time. He risk alienated every single one of his folk fans. The movie two hours building up to it. It's incredible, you building up to a guy going have you got have you got charge? With my laptop just about to play ib I forgot the charge?
Speaker 1: Okay, battery laugh, I.
Speaker 3: Mean the last half got the set? Oh garbage bands crashed?
Speaker 6: Get the VDMI cables all right? Who deserves a musical biopic?
Speaker 3: Nine four one four one O four three and cast it as well and come up with the movie's title so it's either a line from a song or a song title.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Who deserves a big musical movie? A movie about their life and times? We're gonna be getting a Britney Spears movie this year. The Bob Dylan one opens tomorrow. Do you want to go and see great movie? That moment? Jack and I love the Robbie william One Better Man? What about Midnight Oil? Peter Garrett amazing? John Malkovich, God.
Speaker 6: Wow, Glenn Webber. That is a showing no one else.
Speaker 3: If John says no, there's no movie great one. Alice Cooper Christian played by Johnny Depp?
Speaker 6: Is he still working?
Speaker 3: He disappears off you know where? They just remove them from Netflix. You know you don't see any of those Pirates of the Caribbean movies out there anymore on the shelves. Christian? What about an a c DC one called Highway to Hell Billy Joel movie My Life. I'm not sure who playing Danny DeVito. I reckon with him.
Speaker 7: He doesn't never know.
Speaker 6: It's the wonder of movie than have then.
Speaker 3: Now on a built up wedges and stuff like this, he'd be on stilts or something or CG.
Speaker 6: I Jack, he's suddenly a six six foot well, isn't it?
Speaker 3: They can make a monkey believe it was Robbie Williams. Danny DeVito can suddenly be two foot taller and be Billy Joel. Don't forget a lot of movie you sat down behind the piano. You don't see how small's compared to We don't even know how tall is Billy Joel.
Speaker 6: Who else be Billy Joel?
Speaker 1: What about Joe PESHI I'm looking.
Speaker 3: At similar, similar, similar high to Danny DeVito.
Speaker 8: No, he's not that short, is he? Yeah, he's a little man, isn't he?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Are we trying to carve Billy Joel now? Or question?
Speaker 3: Now? See, I'm thinking they've obviously got the Springsteen movie coming out in a couple of months time. I think they what they should do with the Springsteen movie is have different bruces over the ages of and then Ol Bruce, Bobby de Niro, young, Bruce Austin. But Patsy who would play Brian Adams in the movie?
Speaker 5: You're looking for a ranger, aren't you?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 8: I'd have to say, like an edge sheer. So someone with red hair that can sing.
Speaker 5: It's got to be cheering.
Speaker 3: You don't really hear that much, he says. For good reason.
Speaker 6: I didn't know he was.
Speaker 3: I thought he's blonde's.
Speaker 1: Red hair Strawberry blonde.
Speaker 3: No, no, that's not a thing.
Speaker 5: Quite red hair, that's not a thing.
Speaker 3: Straory bond is not a thing. No, what else is strawbry blonde? It is what it is. It just is what it is.
Speaker 6: It's not that, sorry Patsy who plays.
Speaker 5: Bah It's cheering what we need someone?
Speaker 3: You come up? Did you google famous ginger headed people thinking?
Speaker 5: Has not red hair? They can sing really well, it's got to be a cheering.
Speaker 1: The hair is the easiest part to alter for enact. The factual structure is impossible to change.
Speaker 6: So good hair dye you have more people should know.
Speaker 5: That it's summer of sixty nine with cheering.
Speaker 3: Imagine that he goes to see Spielberg and it's thinking on the way that he wants to make my life story actually and so it's about me.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, solid no no. We might see him playing Brian.
Speaker 7: Adams is absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Shearan probably deserves a born.
Speaker 3: Old Canadian.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Gone podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, I just ask co pilot at the Microsoft AI assistant who should play Billy Joel.
Speaker 1: Yep, I've got a good one as well.
Speaker 3: It's told me that AI has said for the younger Billy Joel Elijah Wood and that's good.
Speaker 6: I get it. Older Billy Mark Ruffalo or Michael.
Speaker 3: Keaton, that's good. He's at the over the last couple of years. He's a great act. I was thinking maybe Billy Crystal. But this is what it's going to be like now more and more where the listeners are asking AI to punch up anything they chuck into the show.
Speaker 6: And I'm a fan of it.
Speaker 3: This is actually I think makes an overall better products. Okay from maybe we should be using it as well.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 1: I had to look at Billy Joel in his thirties and forties. He actually, to me looks a little bit Rob Schneidery.
Speaker 3: He does, yeah the eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Up with where Rob is in his life right now, I don't think he's getting anyone know, he's gone into the other zone, you know, and they go into this Yeah he's he's right out in the wilds now so yeah, he's Pete Evans.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, that wild Yeah, yeah, right out there.
Speaker 3: They live in a territory beyond the territories, beyond the territories where there's no five G wake up Sheepaul, All right, So Jack dropped a huge bombshell on Monday Show with you know what's like when you hire a car on holiday, you always forget Suddenly you're always running late when you go to the airport. Especially you got young kids, and you add a lot of families and in laws, so it's a stressful time. You got to get to the airport, and then you have to build in time to drop the high car off. You've got to find the right car park. Where's the little heart. It's a nightmare. And then obviously you suddenly remember, wait, we've got to return it with a full tank of fuel. Then you're googling nearest servo to airport. This was Jack over the Christmas break. But your car. You put the wrong fuel in it right at the pump.
Speaker 1: Put a whole whole tank of unleaded ninety one in it. And as I'm not until I'm screwing the cap on, do I see it says diesel on it. I've never driven even driven a diesel car. I do know somewhere in the back of my mind that I knew that you weren't meant to do that. Yeah, And when I googled it it said a warning warning severe engine damage. These were the kind of phrases coming up. So I panicked, left the car at the BP, gave the keys to the guy behind it.
Speaker 3: Just just just just let that sink in because someone might not have heard Mundo show.
Speaker 6: He left the keys with some random guy out.
Speaker 1: He wasn't random, he was a guy who worked.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know you'll care about getting your high car back? What's he going to do during his lunch break? Drive it back for you? Kind sir?
Speaker 1: I said, I don't know who. He's not the valet, but someone will come and pick up this car. It won't be me. I've got a flight to catch. So then getting all the in laws.
Speaker 3: What was his reaction, by the way, did he was? He like, you don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Mate, No, I wouldn't say. And then I said, could I have your number so that we can contact you? And then he's like, just google the number for the BP. He was trying to distance himself, am from this drama. Yeah, I also had to during this time. I was borrowing, borrowing his iPhone charge because.
Speaker 3: Now, how do you get that?
Speaker 6: I feel I can understand, but not your phone.
Speaker 3: You always charged him overnight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Tell you you know, sometimes when you plug it in and then you wake up and it was a phantom plug. Yeah, So when I'm trying to call the rental car company, I looked down on my phone and then I can't charge the phone in the car because you can't have the engine running because of severe engine damage. So the guy, the last I ever saw of the car was in the parking lot of the BP. Gave the keys to the guy. Then when I landed, I called the rental car company, said this is what's happened. This is where your car is. Since then, haven't heard in you.
Speaker 3: So obviously on Monday there's a big reaction to this. Quite a few of you were saying, then, you know, technically, you know, we all have to sign that contract and they try and wheedle anything out of you to charge you extras. That's they make their money. But a little bit was saying, technically, you haven't returned it because you didn't put it back on the property where you got it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, but I told I was very clear about where to pick it up, very and it was only a three minute drive from the airport and the rental.
Speaker 3: Someone else can do that if.
Speaker 1: You really zoom out on the map then the GPS looks like it's at the airport.
Speaker 3: So Rio you have an up down this now chat was very clear because you said Monday, why don't we call the servo and he didn't want you calling anyone. He wanted just to let the sleeping sort of chances rest here.
Speaker 1: If it's I just want to let you know if it's fallen through the cracks in some way, because this has been three weeks now and the admin hasn't made it back to me, then just let sleeping dogs lie, don't kick hornet's nest.
Speaker 7: I didn't really see it that way.
Speaker 4: I thought, what's the most important thing in someone's life?
Speaker 1: Closure?
Speaker 7: Closure?
Speaker 4: Otherwise, Jack, you've got this hanging over yours. It's been what it was like three weeks ago over So I thought, I'll just give them, you know, I'll give them a call see see what's happening at the petrol station.
Speaker 7: Especially because a lot of the time on the show.
Speaker 4: And people call in, they say Hijack, because I think we have very similar voices, right, So I thought, I'll just pretend to be Jack.
Speaker 1: You pretended to be me. I said, it's illegal, it's.
Speaker 3: Just sort He's learned from a pro It's exactly sort of MOVEEW would do. This is the guy who brought an illegal card clothing machine so you could break into your friend's apartment block and go swimming without permission.
Speaker 6: That is illegal.
Speaker 7: He says.
Speaker 4: If I'm just some random person like what, I just wonder if my friend's car is still there? What you might remember me a few weeks ago. My name's Jack Post. I left my car there. I put the wrong fuel in. I'm just you know, it's been a while. I was just wondering, is the car still there? And he said, no car? Car has been taken away? I said, did you find out?
Speaker 3: When I asked?
Speaker 7: When he said, I said, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I wasn't.
Speaker 6: There's an accent going.
Speaker 3: You don't want to He went to India and then sudden he went there, would come back to.
Speaker 6: Theres.
Speaker 1: You can do my voice, but you can't do everybody.
Speaker 8: Yeah, is it no car as in stolen or no car as in results?
Speaker 4: I did ask? Was it taken away? He says, I don't know. Is my colleague is my colleague? I'm not sure there's no car there anymore.
Speaker 1: That was the energy The guy gave the keys to he really didn't want to his hands.
Speaker 3: Of course, it's just like your mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when I said I'm leaving the keys, like oh my shift is finishing soon, that sort of stuff, like he didn't want anything to do with it. But to me, that's a good sign. It means the car company came and picked it up.
Speaker 3: All is good, but you're not off the one day you're going to be hit with a bill for this their time. And also you didn't return it with a fuel tank.
Speaker 5: Full, broken the agreement.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's a bridging contract.
Speaker 4: And isn't it actually better if the car was still there, because that's just like, oh that the rental cars forgotten about it, whereas now then they're just trying to add up all totals of that's what's taken so long.
Speaker 6: That goes up to head office.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, it would have worried me more if if the car was still sitting there three weeks later than that, if.
Speaker 3: I said, no, it's still set in the front, would you I would have just got on a plane today and just driven it back, pushed it back down the road.
Speaker 6: That way it's done.
Speaker 3: The other thing is have you emailed them saying this is because then someone will reply, and then you put something in writing at the moment. There's a lot of b s in heresaying I ranked some guy did you Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then I can go to the phone history and go call history.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That stands up wedding call, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Judge?
Speaker 1: There you go twelve minute.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be one of your random friends.
Speaker 6: So semi closure, it's never opened.
Speaker 1: Should I ring him today?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, yes?
Speaker 7: Otherwise the bill just goes up. You just ripped the band?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Needy or greedy?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: We're about to open up for the first time this year. What are the odds?
Speaker 3: Where we look for your stories of coincidence and chance still to be one this week on the show and install one thousand dollars if you are instant caller of the week, What are the odds I.
Speaker 7: Believe it or not?
Speaker 1: What are the uds?
Speaker 6: You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 2: Black?
Speaker 4: Were you with Cheryl who married a Hunt?
Speaker 6: Who worked with the Cheryl who married a Hun?
Speaker 7: As well?
Speaker 10: My name is Jody.
Speaker 9: I work in a call center.
Speaker 1: My customer that came through was called Jody, and I had to transfer through to another agent that was also called Jody, what are the odds that I've met a stranger?
Speaker 2: And it turns out that my father delivered him as a baby.
Speaker 14: Making a crumpet last week, standing there waiting for it to pop up.
Speaker 8: The crumpet popped up, slipped twice in the air, and landed in the second flight, took.
Speaker 3: Out that many care one that we had. Yes, at the end of the show. All right, so your story is on nine four one four, one oh four three of coincidence and chance. Now bouncing up and down like an excitable child right now who's had too many fizzy drinks? But you said Kate then literally has run into the studio during the song and said, please can I go first? We're all is what have you got? Mecca?
Speaker 5: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 10: So I have photo evidence to prove this, because I think you won't believe me. But I was on a lovely walk while on holidays, and I walked past his house and I noticed on the number plate it said ARN which is the name of our company, our radio station company.
Speaker 6: Already already the shark is in the water, a story about the company that you worked for.
Speaker 3: Yesterday you would talking about the new color changes to the station's logo, what's happened to you this?
Speaker 10: No, this is fantastic, right, It just had to give a bit of context. Okay, So I see it, says Arn, I'm like wow. And then my dog Henry pools on my on the lead and I turned to look at him.
Speaker 5: I look up.
Speaker 10: The next number plate said three a W another radio stations.
Speaker 6: People meaning out of nothing.
Speaker 8: It's a sign you're in the right place at the right time, and you're following your fate in line.
Speaker 5: That's what I take from messages from the universe.
Speaker 6: Australian Radio Network.
Speaker 3: This is why I came to Earth School shareholders.
Speaker 1: Has a rifle radio station? Does that mean that she's turning towards the enemy?
Speaker 6: I mean, to be fair, they would love fellow radio like that.
Speaker 3: I've got no songs to hide behind.
Speaker 5: That is not feel that is.
Speaker 6: It is back. It's moment.
Speaker 3: Another way, Patsy, it's a sign.
Speaker 5: It absolutely is. I love that, Caitlin.
Speaker 3: I think I thought there was going to be so like a dead body discovered because when it heard your dog was trying to pull you somewhere, he was trying to pull you out of that dulk story.
Speaker 6: Hey, there's a better story just over there.
Speaker 3: Rio. Have you got a story? Please?
Speaker 7: Do you have a please story?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Picture this last week the Big Bash, sixty thousand people packed full house at Adelaide Oval. Liam Haskett a young Western Australian making his debut.
Speaker 7: His parents are in the crowd.
Speaker 4: First ball is ever bold in the BBL goes down smack for six, going, going, going, gone.
Speaker 7: Into the crowd. Guess who catches it?
Speaker 1: The family?
Speaker 3: His dad. That's a story that is amazing.
Speaker 6: What are the odds?
Speaker 1: But you don't want to get hit for six?
Speaker 6: Not a sweet in the rules? The rules bad?
Speaker 3: Actually the worst dad play.
Speaker 4: The dad actually catches it and throws it back quite disdainful. You get it and he throws it back and he's a bit upset because his son has just been tonked for six.
Speaker 1: But what are the chances?
Speaker 5: That's real?
Speaker 3: That's a great story. And you know what, Pats is the sign right place at the right time. That's right doing your job.
Speaker 6: All right now.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, earlier on the show, you're talking about biopics. What about David Bowie One called ground control to Major Tom playing David Bowie, Tilda Swinton.
Speaker 6: Actually it's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Con o' bien has always said, if anyone made a move out his life, Tilda Swinton should play. All right, what are the odds? Your stories of coincidence and chants? Right now? Nine four one four one o four three. Let's get back into the first time this year. Wren, Good morning, Good morning, Wren. Welcome to the show, and we're all it is what's your story? What about coincidence and chance?
Speaker 13: Well, me and my wife had just landed in a line airport and as usual we have a fight when we land and about being in the which passport line we should be in. So anyway we're in the wrong passport line. Me and my wife a blow about it, and there's this man looking at us and we thought he was foreign, so we sort of just looked at him and had a bit of a laugh about him. Four days later, we are checking in for a flight to Madrid for a wedding and we're checking in and the man behind us says, you two still fight him. So the same man in the I was checking in.
Speaker 6: Incredible at the airport, totally totally what are.
Speaker 1: Yds unless he's like Tom Hanks in that movie The Terminal.
Speaker 3: He never left.
Speaker 6: Incredible. Wren, thank you very much, she called.
Speaker 3: Thanks mate, Julie, excuse me, This is Julie Haddock.
Speaker 14: Yes it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And for some reason they've giving you your full name here. I was just like I always like personally, Yeah, is this a new thing for twenty twenty five? I mean to induce all callers with their full name. Good morning, This is Judy Haddock.
Speaker 13: No, I didn't.
Speaker 14: It probably came up automatically because I'm registered with the radio stations.
Speaker 3: All right, you've registered with us. Okay, we're running a dental practice here, fun and its first We just needed for that some.
Speaker 1: Admin circle the body on this form.
Speaker 6: Where Judy, what's your story for us?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 14: Okay? Were still live in Brisbane. My daughter played with the bill around the corner about five hours away. They moved to Sydney. We never kept in contact. We later on at twelve months eighteen months later we moved to Sydney. Two houses being built. Five house is the part both by the same builder. The other people came down to have a look through our house and and behold it was the neighbors from five houses away.
Speaker 15: You are.
Speaker 6: You are kidding? We're back? What are the lo and be.
Speaker 3: Judy Haddock everyone, it's so Judy registered. Oh it's always great to get the haddache on in the morning. All right, Judy Haddick, thank you very much you call.
Speaker 14: That's quite how you have a lovely day?
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Does anyone know how to register with this radio station?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast?
Speaker 3: What are the odds? That's right, we've got Sarah here, so you were still here?
Speaker 16: I am yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year. I'm still going to keep saying this. You know, some people still got the trees up, the decoration. It's time and take me down. I reckon, Sarah, what are the odds?
Speaker 6: You got it?
Speaker 3: Baby? What have you got?
Speaker 16: Okay? So late, ladies, I met the public a group of friends. One of the guys goes off to the bathroom and comes back with a condom. Of course, as you do, he blows it up so much it pops and we're all having a bit of a giggle. And then one of the girls just keeps having a silent giggle thing going on and again, what's going on? So we look across and we looked down at her hand and a part of the condom had shot across the table and enclosed her hand and to drink like a glove.
Speaker 3: Pretty funny, Wow, you were.
Speaker 16: We had to peel it off.
Speaker 6: Quite a sight.
Speaker 3: It's like you doing some sort of sex education displaying ted talk. It makes it change from peeling it over a banana.
Speaker 16: Yes, it's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Tell you what. It's quite a lively group you're on with, isn't it. Sarah? You know I last did stuff like that, I think when I was about seventeen. Well, yes, remember, oh hekind have laughed downt the RSL Sarah.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much, a girl, have a good day, No.
Speaker 16: Worries you two guys, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Very good phone voice. Yes, if I rang with a complaint, I'd find it very hard to get anger with Sarah. Very very warm and friendly guys. Happy New Year everyone, Rochelle, Yes, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Rochelle. Okay, what is your story for us this morning?
Speaker 9: So my daughter, my sister, sorry, had two daughters born twelve years apart, and we went and saw my nana's grave because she passed away when we were younger, and one of the daughters was born on my nana's birthday and the other one was born on the day she died later. But yeah, so they say it's a numbers game. Life's awful of numbers. And yeah, so the two dates are quite significant for us.
Speaker 3: I think that's beautiful. It's the beginning and endings and then turning into the beginnings and endings as well with the new generation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a lovely story. Rochelle is lovely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they say it's a number. Yeah. I love that.
Speaker 6: Rachelle, Thanks you, story mate.
Speaker 3: Have a good day.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You two. All right, we've got time for one more before the news Apatsy Eliza, good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 6: Welcome to what are the Odds?
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 17: I was a junior nurse doing a round on a cardiac ward and I very spontaneously went into a cardiac a rhythmia, which we were able to see on the telemetry that I was actually putting on an older lady at the time, and the head of cardiology of the hospital was doing his rounds at the time and was able to treat me and reverse the arrhythmia.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you had the specialized equipment that you need to read this kind of thing. You had it in your hands and then you're like, oh, yes, it's that's not happening to me, and you put it on yourself.
Speaker 17: I put it on myself and we were able to identify the arrhythmia.
Speaker 3: God, you're lucky to catch it right there and then in that time and place with him around, because that could have been a lot worse to you.
Speaker 17: And he was just yeah, visiting his patients up on the ward at the same time and saw the arrhythmat flash up on the screen and he knew what to do to sort me out.
Speaker 6: You'd like to think, so what the hell are you doing?
Speaker 3: Doctor?
Speaker 1: I know what to do, but technically you're not a patient of the hospital, so.
Speaker 3: You're going to go outside culture for zero, We've got to go through admin saying for everybody, what.
Speaker 2: Rule for all?
Speaker 3: No one jumps a queue? Wow, what a story?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And so now everything all right, you're good, Yeah.
Speaker 17: It's all good. It was just a one off. It can come back, but lucky for me, it was just a one off. But just it was my time on the cardiac word and I had the telemetry out and it was.
Speaker 6: All right, tell me this. I just want to have the telemetry out.
Speaker 3: What is that? Is that? Then? A little measuring advice.
Speaker 17: It's like it's a bit like an ECG, but it's one that you wear.
Speaker 3: The right, gotcha. Yeah that was the patient by the way, because obviously they're okari war.
Speaker 1: Blody digging through the medicine.
Speaker 6: She was all right, yeah, no patience.
Speaker 3: That is good news. It's good to get that up there, all right, Eliza. Incredible story. Thank you very much for sharing.
Speaker 17: Thank you.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Up for grabs today on Today Is that worth time waste? Once more, brilliant streaming service stand for the best in show. You can catch all the action at the Australian Open add free no adverts, live and on demand if you miss because it was late in tonight early this morning.
Speaker 6: The incredible comeback from.
Speaker 3: Djokovic tacking on our Karaci can watch it on the replay and the Saberlenca match as well. Were actually sounded like she was actually in pain being attacked, soone's those are just some of the noises. You can watch again on the Neighbors would think you were on one of Jack's websites that he's always trying to tell me about I'm watching tennis.
Speaker 6: Rio who's in action tonight in the quarters.
Speaker 4: Christian biggest night in Australian tennis since Ash Barty won Wimbledon tonight. We haven't had someone in the quarterfinals since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: It's big, isn't it.
Speaker 7: It's huge.
Speaker 1: It's huge.
Speaker 4: Alex Demonor coming up against the number one in the world, Yannick Sinner easily the best player. His record against Sinner, he'll have to really do something special because they've played nine times. Sinner's won nine times, twenty two sets across those nine matches.
Speaker 7: Twenty one sets.
Speaker 1: So he knows how to win.
Speaker 6: That's what we're doing motivational movies today.
Speaker 3: On the time was.
Speaker 1: Exactly, but it was visibly ill.
Speaker 3: As the theory that he had the squitch.
Speaker 7: I was there with the I was there.
Speaker 3: Perhaps did he write down diarrhea and think I don't know to spend it? I just put he's got the squitch.
Speaker 1: It is difficult world.
Speaker 7: There's word.
Speaker 3: But I was, well, why should there? Were they going to cross to someone outside? The toys going is in there right now just crapping his lungs out.
Speaker 7: He was hobbling like the hobble of someone.
Speaker 3: Who actually had shouted yes, yes, your word's not mine and hard.
Speaker 6: In those white tennis shorts, you.
Speaker 3: Know, exactly the worst colors aware.
Speaker 4: And when they asked him, oh, you know what, what sort of illness he had, he was very sheepish and very embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Vague yes, as would someone would be if they had the squitch.
Speaker 7: Yes, exactly awful.
Speaker 3: Place to get them as well. I mean, there's no ideal place but people wearing white. There's only a couple of you on you're competing for a great.
Speaker 7: It's only what could have been one of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So has he taken some memodium or something upon himself up sexy Land and shove something up.
Speaker 7: There or I don't know what technique he's going.
Speaker 3: It's not our business to be honest, is it. No one's your microphone, it's not you know, I'm just warming up this week by next week. I never would have said something like that. Any who's he motivate a movie? I'm obviously gonna be watching it tonight. I'm just thinking he still looks a little bit squittyish, you know. He looks a little bit like that nervous thing that he couldn't trust the part because it could open up and where he was the other day? All right, my world motivation day to day?
Speaker 1: Yes, good on you.
Speaker 6: Wow, bloody hell so motivational.
Speaker 3: Good on you. Top five best ways to motivate you motivate yourself off in twenty twenty five, according to first mention of them this year Bustle magazine. I'm sure Rio makes this up. I've never been into a newsagent right and seen.
Speaker 11: There in a scaled section online magazine?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I bet it is?
Speaker 1: For what are we guessing? The top ways too?
Speaker 3: You couldn't waste your time. These are all just absolute bis.
Speaker 1: Believing in yourself.
Speaker 3: Turn chores into a workout. I do squats what you put out the washing We're a silly outfit to do. Make the chores more enjoyable. Write your goals and lipstick on your mirror. Dance your way into tasks. Hey, your enemy five dollars every day you skip a day of your goal. What adult has an enemy?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: On the show, I want to hear from adults who can name an enemy? Who has an enemy?
Speaker 6: I mean we have rivals.
Speaker 3: In Radio cool enemy sewer boss does because in her mind we're in a foxhole at war. The enemy is encroaching.
Speaker 1: But I still don't understand what what does it do paying them five dollars a day.
Speaker 4: That motivates you to say, you're my enemy, and I want to go to the gym every day, and I make a pact with you my enemy, like.
Speaker 1: A don't go to the gym.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, negative reinforcement exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you have to be a little bit chummy with the enemy.
Speaker 3: You just have to make that you can chat to them and actually say, formerly, you're my enemy. By the way, that's horrible.
Speaker 4: That would make pats and stuff in war and things like that. You have agreements and you know, come to resolutions.
Speaker 3: So I think we really this thing. To me, we're talking about peace agreements, diarrhea earlier, Okay, motivational movies, Good Life.
Speaker 6: Throw Mama from the Personal Trainer, Silver.
Speaker 3: Love It. Top Gun is a bit miserable, you know, top fun guys, it's fun being a jack.
Speaker 6: The born inspiration.
Speaker 3: Silver snakes on a plane. They need a little pep talk, don't they get these snakes on that plane?
Speaker 6: No? No, quite right. It's lucky to you have have a bronx.
Speaker 3: Batman and Robin that's a great movie, you know, but Batman and Tony Robin Swow can crush it gold and uh, pretty woman to you know, it's a pretty good movie, right, pretty amazing woman. Really, silver Jack, what have you got?
Speaker 1: Uh, Detective Pikachu probably needs some motivation?
Speaker 3: Would you get the old Pickechu reference from Yeah, that well known go to on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, effective Pikachu.
Speaker 3: It lives with get those snakes on a plane, pikerchif.
Speaker 1: Beauty and the.
Speaker 6: Yes yes.
Speaker 1: Glorious bastards. Yeah, yeah, because they were they used to be inglorious. And now I'm saying, I really see you.
Speaker 3: I saw yeah, Bronze. You should have had a motivational word with this, just say you've got the squits.
Speaker 1: And life of Pie or life of Pie in the sky by the sky when you say context needed bye and the sky is like you have hopes and dreams. Other Yeah, other people see it is unattainable, but you you can.
Speaker 3: Believe it's there. It's like a pie in the sky.
Speaker 6: Bronze.
Speaker 1: That's very It must have been the Stroe pra very popular.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show, The Time Waster today, Rosking to motivate a movie.
Speaker 6: For grabs.
Speaker 3: You can win Stan free for a year. There's some great ones to get through, Jackie Boy, you're ready to Mark, let's go all right?
Speaker 6: Motivational movies.
Speaker 3: Tony Robins Hood Silver plus The Life Coach of Pie Gold.
Speaker 6: That's very good, Stuart, well done.
Speaker 1: And many people using Pie in the Sky in there an.
Speaker 3: Not a single one. Twelve Angry Mentors Silver, Tony Robins Hood, Gold, Yoga Bear, Silver, Forest Fist Pump, what sue, dude, Let's go find your car? Come on, mate, ron Yeah, nice trying, Adam, I love this one. Mary Goggins, very good. Nathan, that's very good, dude. Where's my high five? I love about the person Christy who sent us in and put in brackets. Dude, where's my car? Case?
Speaker 6: We're going.
Speaker 3: Eat?
Speaker 6: Praise love.
Speaker 1: Priy Okay, put me a second bronze.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tough one to get because they've changed one. Where's the detective Picachi when he needed to solve this case? Determinator Gold, we un Sue, Sponge Bob, Big Boy, David when I'm David, When Harry met Sully? Yeah, Austin wheel Powers The Hills have kpies. We all have KPIs, Martin, Luther King and I Gold Dash Boost Gold who is on the one, Amanda my left foot up your bum A bit of a strong bit of but we do hear that A lot being yielded us from Sewer Bass actually and she will kick you right up, then, striving Miss Daisy Goggan, what get Uppenheim Timiny Heimer's Today we're at Heimer Overload, John Wicked job mate and Scooby do it now? Scooby do it now? Fron Yeah, okay, tough look Frederick all right, then Jackie Boy, who's winning?
Speaker 1: I really like SpongeBob, big boy pants Davin.
Speaker 6: It's a simple kind of motivational thing, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show Go on podcast two days time.
Speaker 6: We are live from the Australian Open.
Speaker 3: The Australian Open hits different tickets on sale now knock it into the park. We're going to be live from the arena on Friday's Breakfast show.
Speaker 6: A load of.
Speaker 3: You with us, last chance tomorrow morning to get into the mix. One of you will be hitting your way into the finals. This weekend Grand Slam Final is incredible. The women's and the men's final. That's your weekend last chance to join us on tomorrow show for Knock It into the Park.
Speaker 7: Welcome to Ki.
Speaker 4: Arena, Christians, God it ricky game, serve it from the outside in.
Speaker 6: You'll need a perfect dame.
Speaker 7: Win tickets to the finals.
Speaker 4: You'll be a VIP if you can hit an ace mate the city yours for free into Knock It.
Speaker 3: Into Knock it also making all this happen not there's the Australian Open, the one and only racket world a local business. We care a lot about Nathan when passion meets performance. Offering you if you buy anything before the end of this month ten percent off. Just use the special code. Wait for it, write it down, don't leave it so strange you can see it.
Speaker 6: Gold FM s that's just for you.
Speaker 3: How is our man Nathan getting on shifting rackets this weekend? Balls?
Speaker 2: He's great.
Speaker 10: Look no one's coming yet.
Speaker 5: Do you use the goals?
Speaker 3: Keep it up at the end of the show always please No, it's fun, just like you sold twenty two yesterday.
Speaker 5: You know this is a time.
Speaker 10: When kids around Australia are watching all these great tennis stars and going I want to get into tennis.
Speaker 5: If you are go to racket World.
Speaker 3: Chat was trying to bully Real into going there today to buy a racket.
Speaker 6: I think it's a good idea. Actually, in fact, you should go. Keith as well, Yeah, no, pickaball? Does he see our pickable rackets? Does he?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: I need any pickable racket? All right, Nathan Dune, what have you got?
Speaker 3: Let me know? All right.
Speaker 6: So here's some of the people aspot to come and join us on Friday.
Speaker 3: That's here from Seth Christian. My friend.
Speaker 15: My name is Seth, and I'd love to be a part of the Knock It into the Park competition. If you pick me, I'll be a Tours contestant. I reckon at six foot eight and the same size as a legend Gorani I van Izovich, remember him.
Speaker 3: I'm his replica.
Speaker 15: When I hold a tennis racket, Christian, it looks like I'm holding a fly swatter. And that's what this competition calls for. A big unit who can send that ball a long way from one big fella to another. Give me a.
Speaker 3: Chance, Seth, you're in. I mean he's got big lead, isn't it sure he can just PLoP the ball in.
Speaker 1: He's got a giant like that.
Speaker 3: Ooh, put it wherever we want. It's either call thimble for a giant like that, six or eight massive. All right, seth fly swatter, you're in. We have a doctor of physics here, Dr Rob.
Speaker 18: Hello, Christian, it's doctor Rob here, and I want to be part of knocking into the Puck because I love a physical challenge and also a physics challenge. In the physics scenario where a tennis ball weighing fifty six grams has to be hit into Melbourne Park from outside the arena, the equation for this, of course, is k kinetic energy equals a half Envy squared, where m equals the mass of the object and ve equals the velocity. This will require one hundred and fifty seven point five duels of kinetic energy. Failing that, I shall just hit it and hope with the best.
Speaker 1: He's standing the obvious. Really, we all knew that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Doctor Rob coming down and then pro made an amazing video yesterday in backyard.
Speaker 12: Hi Christian, I'm Pru. I'm a mum of two tennis crazed boys and I'm so excited about the competition. I've been practicing using our family home I was able to hit it over our house, all the way into the backyard and into a cup with a wooden racket, so I'll have no trouble at all, clear and kea arena with a proper one.
Speaker 3: So she turns a video. You can see it on Facebook, on Instagram. It is amazing. She does whack it right over the house. It does landed a cup.
Speaker 12: Christian, I need to be there so you can kiss my ace.
Speaker 3: The kids, yeah, the side of the house. They come believe mum has done it. Pro is my new favorite. Okay is the last spots tomorrow on the show
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast