Speaker 1: People do some weird ship.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm Tracy Grimshaw.
Speaker 1: Welcome to a parent affair tonight.
Speaker 2: We're coming to you from my bedroom.
Speaker 1: Some things makable since than the others.
Speaker 2: Hitch is traded in Gymnast One commodore games Goald in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: That his performance on the Pommel Horse India Marcus, grow up.
Speaker 2: Bless yourself for observations you didn't ask for. You are a cheap tramp and a filthy liar.
Speaker 3: This is just I'm still to play a couple of mitches reckon.
Speaker 2: We should include Jenna's name in the opener, tell about a compromise.
Speaker 4: We'll say her name, but it's said in the simlish drap luby perfect Now he michtui and hello.
Speaker 2: God, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hi.
Speaker 1: J don't need to yell Jenna forty one episodes in. I feel like she's just wanting being attacked on the street.
Speaker 2: Whatever. I don't know about you, Jennifer. I'm a little bit pissed what you've just arrived, Mitch. But they've got this new rubbish in our office where it's like, I don't know, trying to improve morale. They put a trolley round full of bloody alcohols during the daytime Tuesday. Clearly I am my mother's son because one champagne and I am tips.
Speaker 1: Like Mitch is in such a good movie. I laugh. I'm not asking for dinner. It'd be fun. It's because you're drunk.
Speaker 2: I've got my feed up in the studio. I'm kicked back. I feel that it's going to be a loose show for.
Speaker 1: Those who are just joining us hi, because there's a lot of new people out there.
Speaker 2: There have been quite a few people joining us. Jenna, our third wheel, has lived multiple lives. There some backstory for you she has. I feel like we need to give context as to who gener is because they're like, wait, who's the woman? Is it Mitchell? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of TikTok comments being like what is that gender?
Speaker 2: I often when I'm making our videos for TikTok, a couple of mitches is where you can follow us ps. Often when I'm making our TikTok videos. If Jenna laughed, I cut to her just so people don't think that it's me. Oh no, when she's not on camera, you could think that it's me making this noise that could easily come out of my mouth very well.
Speaker 1: Could I mean, I've never heard that amount of joy come from your mouth. No, but I'm sure it's capable. Jenna is out. She well when Jennifer started, well, like, Jenna is producer, Jenna, right, And we're in a studio here, surrounded by like four glass walls, and there's a whole deck of computers outside the producer's pit, and Jenna would sit outside and she'd have to buzz in if she wanted to talk. Yeah, right, like it was millionaire hots and.
Speaker 5: Most of the time you just turned the microphone off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't allow you to speak.
Speaker 5: I would be talking to No, she's slowly.
Speaker 1: Progressed inside the studio, so that's generous.
Speaker 2: But she's also been demoted. She was our producer, but then she wasn't lifting a finger, so she's now grounds.
Speaker 5: I didn't do anything, so.
Speaker 1: No, he still don't. No, there was no grounds to keep. In fact, the studio is more messy than it ever was.
Speaker 2: Jenna. I must say, it's been a while since I've noticed you trimmed the bush.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, it takes time to trim the bush.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've seen it. Jennie Jark is a very, very popular segment. We've been in there and so we tell you it needs a buddy mbps. Also, I'm Mitch. That's Mitch. Do we want need to introduce ourselves? Probably not. Well.
Speaker 2: One thing that people who are knew here should know is that we have an update on the You got a hustle? Yes saga, Oh we do remember it was back in Oh god, I'm too drunk to hang on, hang on, hang on you to app episode thirty eight, Episode thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: We were talking about our mission to get some local news coverage, and you've got an update for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, the thing is we all we said was we want to be in print journalism, in a newspaper, something for our grandparents to cut out a clipping to put on their fridge.
Speaker 2: Yes. I feel like that's how they measure success. I could tell them that I've had like four million views, I've gone viral, I've achieved all these things in the social media world, but they don't give a shit about that. They cut out my brother's cricket scores and put them on the fridge. That and oh, he's just the god send you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Even getting on national television, which happened the day after we dropped that episode. Mind you, I'm in our power. My name said, I saw it shilling the vacuum, Like, no, that was John o'comon. She couldn't even watch me on TV.
Speaker 2: But anyway, you've made it happen.
Speaker 1: We have it. Update. We are in the paper and there there isn't an issue. You've seen the article. Jenna's read the article. It's a great article, very good issue. Is there something I need to reveal to you because I did try to stitch you up.
Speaker 2: Apparently you sent a photo to the paper to put in the paper. Yes, and they cotton onto it straight away. They were like, no, we refuse to print this. I still have no idy what it was. I don't know what you were trying to do.
Speaker 5: I personally think it was a.
Speaker 1: Jennifers is a good photo, and it's a photo it is. I will reveal it to you later in the show. That's all you need to know. Okay, So we'll do that in a bit. We will start the show now with a is it just me? We like to call him an idjem? Something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate.
Speaker 2: We do one each We don't tell each other. It's going to be so total surprise. We've only clashed a couple of times. But do you want to go first this week?
Speaker 1: I do? Yeah, yeah, I actually think I do. Let's dive in. Is it just me? Do you also hear the swear word in this very popularly hit song.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting?
Speaker 1: So we're going to discuss before. I've surely heard of BTS, which are incredible.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. BTS have like the most passionate fan base in the world.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 2: I did one tweet about them and their fan base, like the BTS army sent flowers for me to the office, what, like, thank you so much for supporting BTS. Are they k pop band?
Speaker 1: K pop? Yeah, but they preferred to be called pop because they don't want to be coupled into just Korean pop. They just want to be pop.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're definitely pop, like they're global.
Speaker 1: They've been played on kiss FA very good they are. They've released their first English, fully English single, Dynamite, which we play constantly.
Speaker 2: What's this fucking lyrics?
Speaker 1: Okay, so the song is called Dynamite, right, so this is it? Very good? You play it? I'm sure you've heardst me said, it's the thing. Tell me what you hear when I played the hook?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you little fucking thumb?
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen right, little shitty said no, there's no shitty in it.
Speaker 2: She's from w S f M. She's hard of hearing she is.
Speaker 1: It's fucking ready slowed down now. The lyric is a little funky song. So the best part is it's the way that you say it. It's not a little fucking song. It's little fucking song.
Speaker 2: Went full bogan on us.
Speaker 1: Do you hear it too, though?
Speaker 2: I do now that you pointed out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he played at night freak out. I try to press the dumb button because I think I put a swear word on the radio.
Speaker 2: We've done this before, remember back in episode twenty six. I want to say the memory, Yeah, I isn' it unreal?
Speaker 1: Who did we do?
Speaker 2: Sam Smith? Remember I thought that their lyric was saying, say fucking good tonight, and I was like, wow, they just throw on the radio.
Speaker 1: I'm actually saying.
Speaker 2: Love will keep you up to me.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So that's the one that I found that I went on TikTok. Oh my god, there's a huge TikTok movement there are very random parts of TikTok. I called be scrolling and was like, welcome to your cult TikTok. I'm like, why, I know, what is this?
Speaker 2: Have you heard of cottage call lesbians?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That freaked me out.
Speaker 2: Really weird tribes within TikTok.
Speaker 1: Or mishard lyric TikTok exists. So I please don't think I've come up with these or I've heard them, but these are song lyrics that have been misheard by other people.
Speaker 2: I love this shit because I I've never discovered this, this corn of TikTok. But it's like, yeah, when you plant the incorrect lyric in your brain before listening, you can't help me hear it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't unhear it. So this is Roses by Saint John. It blew up on TikTok and we played here at Kiss FM. People think it is I was in a porno with a bag of screaming goats.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: I'm still here, I in the corner with no I.
Speaker 1: Mean, it can be whatever you wanted to be.
Speaker 2: I hear the goat, Yeah yeah, yeah, I don't want to know the real lyrics. Are you going to tell me or no?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you want the real lyrics?
Speaker 2: I almost don't want it, but go on with you?
Speaker 1: If you have prepared it prepared?
Speaker 2: Is it goats?
Speaker 1: No? Goats aren't involved? You get hold on the lyrics?
Speaker 2: Are you haven't prepared at all? I'm having to keep it a mystery. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I got them.
Speaker 2: Oh finally, Oh my god, grounds keeping on the ball for I'm solicited Google. Yeah, what are they oky?
Speaker 1: This is it?
Speaker 5: I walked in the corner with the body screaming dolo.
Speaker 1: Oh. I prefer the other one before the corner with a bag of screaming goats, to be honest. Sean Mendez. The second part people think is chicken farting onto my knees. Listen, you watch me.
Speaker 2: Chi short, chicken farting onto my knees. The chickens fart ground.
Speaker 1: Well, eggs come out of there, so surely something else would chicken? Far so sure? Is so polite? He wouldn't say anything if he was at a farm shooting music video and chicken fart on his knee, like cool, chicken, cool, ch.
Speaker 5: I've got the answer. Chickens do fart, and it's completely normal and expected occurrence, which shouldn't cause you much concern.
Speaker 2: Can you find a sound effect of a chicken farting on YouTube? Groundskeeper Jenna, Yeah, one's popped up here. Someone's uploaded one.
Speaker 1: To the micro chicken.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was a shark.
Speaker 1: That wasn't a fart. That was a kid diving in were pol Oh that was disturbing.
Speaker 2: It's like one of those kids on the school bus that thought they were so funny because they had those little tubs of slime that made fat noise. Finger bashed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, galaxy side remember galaxy All right, here's the last one. I'm ready. So this is feels Calvin Harris.
Speaker 2: So this is the song Katie Perry, Thank you.
Speaker 1: M's a Katy Harry.
Speaker 3: Let me.
Speaker 8: Go?
Speaker 1: People think it is? Do you mind if I steal this kid, sir? I steal a kiss a little souvenir? Can steal it from you? Can I steal it from you?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: That's very over, my laddie, isn't it. I like how they entered it with, sir h Yeah, very nice. Although if someone in a wine van pulled up and sung to me, I'd be more inclined than a candy bar. And my joke on run straight in for that fucking snicker.
Speaker 2: So i'd take me imagine if their was like now, I don't mind, you can have my daughter take it with you anyway.
Speaker 1: If you haven't even heard laerics, send them through, because people once we do this on the show, that people send us a whole bunch.
Speaker 2: That one the other day, actually it was it was a Lady Gargo one, and it was like it was a bad road miss No, it was telephone, and you know how it's like, stop going stop, see if you can find the audio. This is the bad thing about us not telling each other our gems beforehand, because I could have gotten the water it anyway. Okay, someone was saying that, oh Lady Gago was so ahead of her time. It sounds like she's saying, stop COVID, stop COVID.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. It's just telephone, it does.
Speaker 5: It sounds more like COVID than telephone.
Speaker 2: It's meant to be stop stop calling, all right, stop COVID.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: See that's just one of those like yeah, Nye Laurel, Yeah you're thinking you hear really so we're just a bloody meat sacks hear what we want to hear. We're dumb anyway, send us one and if you have it, Jenna Jeviny, any old symphonies, any mozart that you think miss herd lyrics?
Speaker 5: No, I got them all right, right of course?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and you wrote them.
Speaker 5: I wrote them with motar.
Speaker 2: If any BTS fans are listening, my favorite flower are oriental lilies. If you'd like to send more in for the support.
Speaker 1: All right, you're ready, mitt here we go.
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Do you hope to one day be the Sharon in someone's life?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Like, this is a Kathin Kimathan Kim.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you much, kath and Kim. I wasn't sure if you were going to get that, but yes, Sharon the best friend that just rocks up at their house unannounced and it's not weird. Oh no, she just kind of opens the backsliding door goes heh, I miss this do and it's just like, ah, Sharon's here.
Speaker 1: Whatever made Lan's a television show, let's script it, I know, But.
Speaker 2: I feel like there would be people out there who have a they have someone in their life like that where it's totally cool if they rock up whenever or be they they are that person that's allowed to rock up whenever I personally, I can't think of one friend of mine that wouldn't be like Hi, what a surprise? Like they wouldn't be chill and like, oh, Imagel's here now.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm the Sharon of this podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, I yes, you very much. Are we know about an eye for me to come? I just we don't we done? Very true?
Speaker 2: But my friends play so hard to get I feel like I'm always the one having to work around their availabilities. Like Ashland, for example, co hosts the Schnitty Committee podcast with me. Nine times out of ten. If I say hey, do you want to hang out like it's actually so hard to get her in the right mood. You're like, no, I want to be alone today, and she's brutal. She will say it like that.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that honesty.
Speaker 2: I'm on a period. No, it's so rare that I'll just get a I'll be god sure whatever. So I could never just rock up at her house. There's no one that I could just rock up at their house, including you, Mitchell. I thought, as I learned the other day, Jenna, what are we going? So anyone who was watching our Sunday night Instagram live. We do it every week right before the new podcast drops. You would have noticed that rather than us guesting each other from our respective homes, we were sitting together and we added Jenna to the call.
Speaker 1: We did. That was actually very fun. People loved it. We had the most viewers we've ever had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did, actually, And so we said that I would get there at what five thirty, so that we'd be ready to go live on Instagram at six?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I've just finished work. So I was like, yeah, come just before the live.
Speaker 2: And then around four thirty, Yeah, one of my friends was leaving my place and driving in your direction, and I was like, oh, can I grab a lift? Because then I'm like, oh great, I can just have a wine at Mitch's place. I can just get an uber home. It'll be great. And because it was so spontaneous that we agreed to hang out, I figured it would be fine. Oh my god, Jenna, did I copper spray from a fucking tired, hungry Mitchell Cherry.
Speaker 1: He was like, we agreed five thirty and he called.
Speaker 2: Me a shit friend. She was like, no, He's like, I have not done anything wrong and You're the one being the ship friend, not me, And I was like, I'm just coming to your house. I thought it was okay because I was coming anyway, Like, I'm just coming a little bit early. I'm sorry. I had to go and hang out with another friend in Glebe. I went to another friend's house to kill time because I did not have permission to rock up outside of the scheduled hours.
Speaker 1: I even said that I wouldn't let him up up if he entered before five point forty five.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't like a joking bantaway, like he was furious at me dinner.
Speaker 1: He was furious.
Speaker 5: So you had to go to someone else's house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And again this friend was like, what the fuck are you doing here? Myghtenra, I've got half an hour to kill in leeve because Mitch I'm not welcome in his home.
Speaker 1: I wanted to have a nap.
Speaker 2: Well, good for you. I was very angry one day I'll beat the Sharon in someone's life and.
Speaker 1: Just he just sticked to the plan for goodness sake, coming from you. Do you like and follow a couple of I mean, you can at couple of mitches wherever you you know, check your social Feed, Instagram, book, Facebook and TikTok and TikTok. Now, if you like, if you're listening to us on Apple Podcasts, you can leave us a review. You can't do it on Spotify. Should you? Should? We demand and implore it. We actually almost We're at one hundred and eighty ratings on Apple Music. An you body believe that's good. I think it's brilliant that we have a review coming in from cat skiing Matilda Matilda, she says, I can't stop giggling.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: She says. This show is the Bee's Knees, the funniest thing I listened to each week.
Speaker 2: I'm allergic to be things. Thank you for.
Speaker 1: Starfish nine one three. I wonder if that's his Christian name, says new Fabe Podcast. I look forward to every new app. Mitch and Mitch are so hilarious. Sorry, Jenner, I must look like a crazy person laughing to myself when I listen in public. PS more gas lighting, Jenna content.
Speaker 2: Please you never know, Jenna, watch your backs.
Speaker 1: Also, if you review, you'll get a shout out on the pod. By the way, so use your real name, not Starfish. Kramer sixty nine says saw these guys on Studio ten and thought I'd give the podcast to go. You know what, we got one, they said, not too shabby.
Speaker 2: I'm happy with that. Honestly, we have so funny.
Speaker 1: From t Lodge g D. I personally think Mitch is funnier than Mitch. I also think Mitch is better looking than Mitch, but altogether so funny and wish Mitch was straight, very funny. Who would have written that.
Speaker 2: Mate, Tony? She says, she used to work here at Kids. She's actually just started her own.
Speaker 1: Podcast, One Trick Dog or whatever it's called, New Bunny.
Speaker 2: One Trick Tony.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's it. Well, she's got a couple of tricks I've met, be honest, One trick Dog. I'm gonna ring her. Let's ring.
Speaker 2: He's talking about what she said again. I'm just scrolling on my own phone.
Speaker 1: I like Mitch better than that Mitch and this Mitch and shatter?
Speaker 2: Where is that? Where'd it go?
Speaker 1: I've got it here, she says, I personally think Mitch is funnier than Mitch. I also think Mitch is better looking the Mitch, but altogether so funny and wish Mitch was straight.
Speaker 2: I think I'm better looking, you're funnier and she wishes you were straight.
Speaker 1: Second, I think they're all for me it Tony and Tony and I go, do you see what me being better looking at funny?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I see Tony's comment.
Speaker 1: Tony and I go way back. We used to work together at Kiss FM. I've known Tony longer than you have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's still with kids now in Melbourne. We're giving a fucking life story.
Speaker 1: I'm calling t Lodge gd GD stands for good Dog.
Speaker 2: No, it's just she might not answer a private number.
Speaker 5: Lord.
Speaker 1: She works in radio, Tony Lodge. It's witch, Mitch and Jenny. Oh is Jenna is like a cat being skinned my nails? You know that at tiny? How are you great to have you on the program.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're recording right now.
Speaker 9: Sorry, Oh no, I Jim. So that's how it was on my a game. If you couldn't tell, she's very good.
Speaker 1: She's a podcast and she knows. Now one what's it called one the Dog of the House over the Moon something, that's.
Speaker 7: What it's called.
Speaker 9: Yeah, One of the Dog the House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got a real word. Economy is the strength No one trick Tony. I believe on Apple podcasts and Spotify.
Speaker 2: I'm thrilled give started this podcast, Darlan. I've been telling you for years to start a podcast.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know, since we're just young girls dancing at clubs toget.
Speaker 2: Back in the day when you can do such a thing. Oh, honest to God.
Speaker 1: The reason we're calling Tony is because we need to clarify your review. Says I personally think Mitch is funnier than Mitch. I also think Mitch is better looking than Mitch, but altogether so funny and wish Mitch was straight. We just want to clarify if you could just individually, maybe start with which Mitch you think is funnier.
Speaker 9: Well, there's there's both of you. Because there are so many points in the review. I felt like you guys would be able to fight to the death over the ones that you preferred for yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, Mitch's claimed the better looking aspects, and I think, no matter how good I look in the face, the weight will always not bump me down. A couple of spots.
Speaker 9: Literally literally holds you down.
Speaker 1: Yeah literally, yeah, physically holds me down.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous, No, I do.
Speaker 9: Think, Yeah, actually, you're negating how good looking Coombs is by saying that it's just because you're not sin very true.
Speaker 1: Which is very true. Okay, Well, combs can have combs can have the looks. And then I mean it's up to you, Tony, who you award the humor vote to.
Speaker 9: Well, it's obviously wasn't the third Mitch, Jenna, He's not the funniest.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many reviews we get to actually say the contrary. There's lots of people that say Jenna is their favorite.
Speaker 1: I think people Jenna is the star.
Speaker 9: I'm not Jenna. Jenna is writing those.
Speaker 1: Jenna goes to the Apple Store and go all the iPods and writes reviews.
Speaker 5: Maybe I should start doing they.
Speaker 1: Should all right, well I'll take that. Thank you Tony for rewarding And which Mitch do you wish it straight? Both of you?
Speaker 9: I wish that we could go in a three way all together.
Speaker 1: God, imagine that, Tony, you and I almost slept together at a very early stage in my sexuality. Awenness, we did.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: She had a partner, but I was very keen on Tony and she was very sexually keen on me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I mean the attraction was there. Try away it was.
Speaker 1: Like a be to a.
Speaker 9: Fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one trick, Doney Pony, what's it called? Stop it the fantastic?
Speaker 2: We should do a crossover episode with you, Tony. I feel like our listeners would fucking froth you, like we've done a couple of podcasts crossovers before himber Oh dear. We did a podcast with them, and all of our listeners they trusted our recommendation. They all frof them. They started listening to them. We should do a crossover with One Trick Tony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you come on the show?
Speaker 9: Would you guys put your beautiful name to my face?
Speaker 2: One hundred?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: Jenna, I'm I've had it. If she's going to be there, I'm not doing her.
Speaker 1: She has no editorial power. Don't you worry? She has no in the program? Well, what can you know? If we have you on ours? Can we can you? Would you have us on yours?
Speaker 9: The thing is is that One Trick Dog House over the Moon isn't really a guest podcast.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay?
Speaker 9: So I feel like, is there going to be awkwardness if I collab with you guys? Is there an expectation to you know, give a receipt?
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, we can I invite you to my birthday party even be happy that you don't invite me to yours?
Speaker 9: Well, I actually did want to bring that up with you, because you haven't invited me to your birthday party or your house warming party. I know that Mitch Coombs gave you a beautiful tetail and I gave you nothing. But I told you you were gay. I'm a huge part of your life.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: You know what Tony actually did. She looked at me one day and she's like, Babe, drop the you're a gay man. And I burst into tears, and we hugged and we had a grill burger each.
Speaker 9: And then we kiss and then we were very confusing.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you're right, you're right, very confused, but it was hot and heavy. She actually did, and from that day forward, I just started coming out to more and more people.
Speaker 9: If you google two fat girls, our paorner actually.
Speaker 1: Come comes up. It's very short. It's very short. All right, Well, you know you know what I mean? Yeah, you if you don't want to, if you don't want us to have you don't want to have us on the show, I mean, that's your prerogative.
Speaker 2: We can just pop in. We don't have to do a whole like guest takeover one segment or one game.
Speaker 9: You know, you really trying to get in. What about you're not live brainstorm? What if we do I do? Who's coming for a kappa? And maybe the three of you separately, actually, Jenna, three of you separately could pop in for a kappa. We could have a kuppa on the podcast. Please to call it not my cup of tea.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling Tony. I appreciate it. She's dropped out.
Speaker 9: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Sorry out, she's gone.
Speaker 2: We really didn't settle whether we're doing a quick.
Speaker 1: Get anywhere with it.
Speaker 2: She was very rude.
Speaker 1: She's very rudespecial, you know what. I was quite defensive for you, to be honest, just when I was upset with it.
Speaker 2: We go way back, guys, it's fine, there's no one.
Speaker 1: Please don't go go coming to Tony. Tony and I are very very close best friends. And she did tell me I was go. That's very true.
Speaker 2: I never knew that. Sorry, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is very true. Anyway, stand by for the update on Tony Lodge. Right now. We have an update to give you. Come on, baby, you know you got of her, so I actually have an update to give. Wow, what a rollercoaster of emotions this has been.
Speaker 2: It's been quite the saga. Yeah, I think it was episode thirty seven we decided we wanted to get into a newspaper. Episode thirty eight we ended up on fucking television. Me being a stubborn little bitch, I still wasn't happy with that, and I said, I want to get in the local paper. And then you made it your mission, and it's happened.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, it really was easy to get it. And then once I had it, they just would not publish it the amount of edit notes. So that went between me and the forest body.
Speaker 2: What's it called advocate, the parks Champion.
Speaker 1: Parks Champion post and back and forth, back and forth. But it's finally here today, and Mitch, I'm going to award you. Do you remember what you said when you started this entire thing? You said, all I want is to be able to cut out an article to give it to my grandma. Shows you can put it on a fridge.
Speaker 2: Would they would cut it out themselves in their own copy of the paperback.
Speaker 1: Essentially, I've got your pair of scissors. Oh God, I love you to cut it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm going to put a photo of this on our Instagram at couple of menches. But just so everyone knows, I was promised a front page story. We are on page two and we have fallen just underneath an article about a new demountable class room in Parks.
Speaker 1: Get rid of it.
Speaker 2: But here's a plus we're in. We're not one of the shitty black and white pages wearing color.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing, right, so you're cutting it out, tell me when it's cut.
Speaker 2: Okay. Are you going to sit in silence waiting?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I might sick that on my own fridge.
Speaker 1: Can you read it? Because some people didn't actually get to see it, we haven't put it up anywhere yet. So do you want to read it?
Speaker 2: Do you want me to read it out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Read it out one time. I'll give you some some farm life music.
Speaker 2: I'm also going to put in just some editorial notes of my own as I read it out, because there's a couple of things in here that I thought, Okay, I probably wouldn't have written that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would also like to add that it's very weird because this whole article is essentially about me. They're coming at it from the angle of a local boy. Mitchell kumbs this Mitchell Combs that you know him from bogen Gate. But they never once spoke to me.
Speaker 1: No, they're all direct quotes from me.
Speaker 2: They interviewed you about me. I was never once like, wouldn't you at least approach the person who is kind of here it's straight from the horses mouth.
Speaker 1: I offered that I even gave him your email. I thought they would, and they were like, if any in the interview is more about me than it is you, it's very weird.
Speaker 2: Anyway, here it is old Tan Road five second rule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ready get rid of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all the music we have Bogan Gates. Mitchell Coombs is still at his hilarious best, co hosting a podcast that is quickly gaining a cult following Coombs hosts Is It Just Me with Mitchell Churi, and the pair recently appeared on Studio ten to promote their show, Is That All. Both hosts work at the hugely successful commercial FM station in Sydney, Kiss Fm. Coombs on the Kyle and Jackie Oh Joe and Churi as the host of the national night show. You had to throw that in there, didn't.
Speaker 1: You, they asked, she said, she said, I won't put this with say your job title, guit.
Speaker 2: Emphasis, I'm Talented's not even a national show, by the way, it's in every market that kisses nationally.
Speaker 1: They didn't see market there is The sad thing is you know I told them all about you, sir may Let You're worft you out.
Speaker 2: We have a quote. The podcast is something we do in our spare time, and it's absolutely blown up, says Chury. The podcast, available on a number of platforms, gets between thirty thousand to forty thousand listens a month, and it's widely acclaimed by its listeners, rated four point nine out of five on the platform. Now, firstly, we are now five out of five. Very annoying that they looked at our reviews last week yep. And also, where the fuck did you pull that flat? I made them up thirty to forty thousand listens a month. I don't actually know how many listeners we get a month, but I just don't think that's.
Speaker 1: Accurac We are we close to that, sure we would be closed.
Speaker 2: It depends because if you wanted to really factor in reach, like our TikTok videos get thousands, and then we upload, We upload the small teasers for each episode, sample segments. They get their own listeners, and then there's the full show listeners our favorites obviously, and so when you tell it altogether, it would be quite a few.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if that's you. You know what I could have just said between ninety and ninety three listeners and the country listeners would have gone.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't have questioned it if you said six million. Why I know we beat the block.
Speaker 1: Mitchell hosts the enormously popular Joe Rogan podcast Good On.
Speaker 2: Him, Carrying On? Is It just me? Is a podcast chronicling you know? That was the word, chronicling two young adults as they navigate life, taking listeners through the rude shocks one might expect to find in young adulthood.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: We like to think of ourselves as the closest thing to a radio show without actually being on radio, right, Is that what you tell them?
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I said.
Speaker 2: I'm constantly telling you this isn't a radio show, Barb. It's the podcast clinging on to We are the show. The kids are streaming through their air pods in the back of the car while their parents listen to talk back, says Cheery. I like that the podcast drops every Sunday night. Hey, that's that's a secret. We tell our loyal listeners that it's up Sunday night, but we tell all the other plubs that it's every Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Let's give Forbes one thing.
Speaker 2: Although they're not in drought, they're not. Oh my god, you shouldn't see the thriving green past is back home. They had too much rain last night, that the crops were damaged. I was like, there's some irony. Oh god, no, first they didn't grow, and now they've grown, been pelted by too much rain.
Speaker 1: Now they're bruised.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the podcast drops every Sunday night. I read that bit, stream the podcast online and follow a couple of mitches on social media to get your fix of hilarious young adult commentary. There we go, There it is. We made it in all honesty that if that copy was approved by you, you did a pretty good job. Actually the stats are a bit whack, but no worries. They're not exactly doing his harm, are they.
Speaker 1: The only issue is initially it wasn't approved.
Speaker 2: So I've been told and this is this is the the big reveal, because I was mortified when you said I actually sent in a particular photo in the original pitch that they refuse. They knocked it back and they were like, no, we can't, we can't print that.
Speaker 5: This is personally my favorite photo.
Speaker 2: Now, so you're across this ship too.
Speaker 5: I'm across the.
Speaker 1: Approval I needed, and she needed to get me a HDP and G copy because they needed all these dimensions. So I went to generally to help. Now this is a photo publicly available of Mitchell Combs. There's no issue okay about that. It's not ugly photo of you're going, yeah, you're formal, because that's that's a ship gutter comedy.
Speaker 2: On the I thought it was going to be some sort of photo of me wasted.
Speaker 1: Now that someone does to stitch up a mate. We don't do that. Ship here an overshop. We are top not humor. So what I did was the photo that I originally sent and past it you. Now I've printed it out on an a four piece of paper.
Speaker 5: I've printed it Mitchell Coombs.
Speaker 1: This is a photo that they didn't for God's sake, it's of Mitchell Coombs, the famed homosexual psychic to the stars.
Speaker 2: The psychic from the Morning Show has an E in his last name.
Speaker 1: I sent that and they and he said, are you serious?
Speaker 2: Celebrity psychic from Channel seven? He's got the similar features, you know, brown hair, brown eyes, a little bit flamboy.
Speaker 1: What the fin that? It's true, it's so far, it's so, it's not that far removed from what you actually are. Like, well, why did you do me? And said homage? Have you attached the correct image? And then I replied back just saying yes, And then she came back with homage, when we print a photo in the paper, we need to ensure quality. And I was just like, no, it's not him. I freaked out. Hi, I'm gonna give you south. So I tried and tried to get Mitchell Coombs, famed homosexual celebrity psychic, but.
Speaker 2: No, I'm pretty sure they would know the difference. I think Mitchell Kumbs may have actually done some psychic gigs at the Parks Leagues Club. Really, yeah, I'm seeing a poster once when I was a teenager being like, what the fuck that's my name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's I really did try to fall them. Let him believe it. Fucking hell, hold it up, put it out next to yourself. I can't want to get the podcast just for me.
Speaker 2: You can google Mitchell Koomb's Psychic and you'll see the resemblance.
Speaker 1: Randolph.
Speaker 2: Would you like an update on my mission to get you and your newsletter?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Because, to be honest, you have not been anywhere near successful as I've been.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, you didn't get me on the front page, but you did get me in the paper. I've bailed out at this point, you.
Speaker 1: Give it up. Yeah, mind's a newsletter, for God's sake, It's not even commercial print.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know how intimidating your school is why it's a public school? They were so snarky.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, maybe because you gave him a fake name.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing I called on this show, and I was like, Hi, it's Teres Benson, Mitch's manager. And then I had to commit. They gave me an email a just remember, and so I sent them the email with a new account that I made toes Benson at gmail dot com or maybe to Rese Benson management or some shit, and I sent it to them because someone actually called me someone from the school, and I was like, Hi, just following up. What's the Let's just give him a fake name, Roger I don't know. I was like, Hi, can you please give me a direct line to Roger? And they replied, you can reach Roger this address. They didn't sign it, they didn't tell me who was writing.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: Could have just been some receptionists. It could have been the principle I don't know. And I was like, oh, okay, Hi, Roger, I'm just following up on the phone call. Are you happy for me to shoot through some information for the newsletter here? And they replied, we will forward it to Roger once you give us the information. Like they were keeping a bloody barrier between me and Roger.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: And then at this point my conscience was like, this is wrong. You have made a catfish email address and you were emailing an education institute, and so I just dropped it. Yeah, okay, they did follow up, but I just I can't.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that's okay, but I'm not giving up my quest. I want to be featured in something so we can drop the school. I was a star water polo player. You can contact the Southern Shire, Sydney East Water Polo Club.
Speaker 2: What are they gonna do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ex terrible water polo player now on radio.
Speaker 2: But where are they going to put that information?
Speaker 1: I don't have a pool noticeboard. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be really hard to pull those drings. How the fuck do I find out who's in charge of tacking shit to the noticeboard at your pool?
Speaker 1: Why don't I just do it for myself? I can hustle hard for myself.
Speaker 2: May as well, Yeah, I might just leave it to the expert then, because okay, yeah, I like my conscience wouldn't let me take it any further than that.
Speaker 1: So it just followed me the email and I can pick it up from where you left off. I'll be Susan Sarandon, whatever her name is. I'll take it from there.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't use the fake email. That's so wrong.
Speaker 1: You know, Hey from at Mitchell Churing at gmail dot com. I've got a story about a young boy. Yeah, like suspicious. That's fine. I'll take it from me. Thank you for trying, that's fine. And Jenna was still trying to get you into the Equestrian Daily anything. They've denied the request multiple times thanks to listening to the show this week. Thank if you Tony Lives are coming on. It really was a bit of fun. And if you want to leave a review and potentially get featured five stars or why bobble listening.
Speaker 2: Now listen here guys. Next week, very big week on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I was looking at the calendar trying to figure out when our one year anniversary of launching this podcast is, and it is, Oh god, I'm completely forgotten. It's the alcohol the fourth of October. So the episode will drop on that day, but we record midweek on the thirtieth, which is your birthday. It is my birth so it's going to be a double whammy celebration episode. It's going to be our one year anniversary and your birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So just can I just come in and not plan a thing?
Speaker 2: Well, I was thinking I'd sort out the birthday stuff, okay, because I can't do everything. You can sort out the one year anniversary celebrations.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well let's not. You know how you get mad at me when I plan things on the air and I just say things verbal thought, let's discuss it off the air. And next week is going to be a big buddy shah.
Speaker 2: Yes, please join us the celebrations galore. You might get back on the champagne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, that'd be great. Maybe I can be pissed and join in. I turn up with a buddy hydra light. Everyone's fucking drunk the invite. All right, we'll see you next week for a very big shot.
Speaker 2: Forward to it. Thanks for listening, guys, is it just me?
Speaker 9: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app.
Speaker 1: Or follow on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Welcome to a to D Brief. This is the secret segment on the end. Don't tell anyone if you're hearing this, keep it to your fucking self.
Speaker 1: If you do get it, or what else is going on in your life, you have to spoil something. It's like that kid in You three that goes san it's not real James mckewey. Sorry, that's a Clint pent up anger from Brams exactly now.
Speaker 2: So we keep this a secret because it's like, it's just a little bit humiliating, it's bloody, it's not no best work. We go rogue. That's why it's called a d D beef. The ad D is like tension deficit disorder, which I've got, Beau, so I can't focus. And then d Beef is, you know, shooting the shit. So it's completely unscripted, unplanned and.
Speaker 1: In a radio podcast. First activate it's not working, dear, dear, it's not working. No, got it hasn't been used in a while live tweets activated, So what you do is is very hard to organize. We tell people when we're recording the podcast, and they tweet in the hope that their tweet gets read out live on the podcast. When you get it, when we get it. In fact, there we go, we receive in an ocasion, got one. Just then? Hi, Mitch and Mitch love you on TikTok from ksey Lely Chambers. Isn't it nice?
Speaker 2: But the weird thing about these live tweets is that they somehow relate to whatever we're talking about, even though no one's listening live right now. It's most peculiar.
Speaker 1: Is that weird how that works?
Speaker 2: It's almost like it's fucking impossible.
Speaker 1: Dame Helen Mirren, what does she have to do? I think she's tweeted out an image of Christmas cake. She's the season, she says, is it mirrorn? But you went to Epstein Island anyway.
Speaker 6: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's your mother.
Speaker 5: You know what she's saying.
Speaker 1: She bought time to drop me tonight, maybe having dinner or something on the wines. Again, So how drunk are you? Two? What did you have?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I just had like a couple of champagne or two. Yeah, And so it was just like that tipsy where it's like whoa. I'm very aware of because there's something about being in your workplace that really enhances it. Like when you're when you're when you've got alcohol in your system, at a place where you're not supposed to have alcohol in your system, it hits you way harder. So really, I wasn't that drunk. I could fucking if I wasn't home too easy, I could dive.
Speaker 1: It's like having fizzy drink in primary school.
Speaker 2: Are you having a full strength pantome? Exactly? But because I'm here and I'm sitting down at this ready to podcast, I'm like, wow, I'm not usually this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel it's feeling a bit silly.
Speaker 2: Mary.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, we're on in a really good mood today, no fights, no arguments. The only person we fought with was body one trick, Tony Ratshit Barstard. Yeah, she's lovely, guys. It's my birthday next week. I know, can't believe I'm twenty five. I feel like the quarter life crisis is looming.
Speaker 2: Is that when people know it's it's midlife crisis, when they start doing tragic shit? Is there a quarter life crisis thing that people do where they like start making weird purchases and making tragic fashion choices.
Speaker 1: I've been doing that since gosh.
Speaker 2: I was actually talking to your boyfriend about what I should get you, and he made a very valid point, which is he's very fucking difficult to buy for because if he wants something, he just gets it.
Speaker 1: And I was like that. My the new Apple watch came out one about three days ago.
Speaker 2: Call me old fashion, but it looks the fucking same as your old one.
Speaker 1: Now it reads my blood oxygen level, which actually gave me alert for today. It's like mirror mirror. I'm like, what's going on? It's like blood oxygen level low? I was like, what would I fucking breathe into my arm? Like what do I do? Apparently, so measure. I'm going to read it right now, and let's I'm going to read everyone's, but I'm going to start mine.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do this because I don't know what a good blood oxygen level is.
Speaker 1: Can you go, Jenna, average adult blood oxygen level?
Speaker 5: So is it five millimeters? Sweating on the millimeters because it says normal oxygen is approximately seventy five to one hundred millimeters of mercury.
Speaker 2: On my ear and it's me and it's not adjustable. It's silicohen that would go?
Speaker 1: That would what the hell fit your ankle? You can wear that around your neck? Is a choker? Mine was ninety six start three two one.
Speaker 2: Unsuccessful reading, unsuccessful measurement. Glad you fucking spledged on this watch?
Speaker 1: Can I have it?
Speaker 2: Go? Not that I would have gotten you that anyway, even if you asked for it.
Speaker 1: So what have you been talking to? My beautiful partner? Please be ambiguous?
Speaker 2: I was talking to your gay boyfriend about what I should get you for? About that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Fuck, Delta Gudrum's calling? What Delta Goodrum's calling? I have an interview for my shirt.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you were doing the life Delta kid?
Speaker 1: Can I talk to Just have to cut this out.
Speaker 2: I'll fast thought through your radio interview. But I need to tell us something. I'm serious, No, I need to tell her something. I'm serius. Think I can't miss this opportunity to let me talk told.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll do it the very end. I can do the chat first, say hi, shut up, yeah, if you need, if you must, Hello, Hey, Delta, how are you? I'm good?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm so good? Hey, I love you. There's someone else who loves you. He's on the team. I just really want to quickly do this. His name is Mitch as Well. Funnily enough is that if I put him through. He works on the team at nights. Yeah, Mitch, Hey, Delta.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm very well. I'm so sorry to bar Jin. Mitch just mentioned to me when I happened to be in the room, Oh I'm chatting at Delta goodroom, and I was like, I can't miss this opportunity to bring something up that happened a few years ago, A near miss. If you will, do you remember in twenty thirteen you were a coach on the Voice and your finalist was Celia Pavey, now known as Via Blue Blue. Yeah, yep, yep, so do you remember visiting her high school by any chance, Yes, of course. So I went to that high school all the way out in the middle of nowhere, in Forbes Red ben Catholic College, and we were told that's right. We were told Delta Goodman's flying in and out.
Speaker 1: This would have been a little dnny plant.
Speaker 2: I was beside myself because for context, being a Delta good Room fan since I was like five, maybe even younger. But guess what, as luck would have it, Delta I was on a bloody excursion elsewhere. Oh no, I can't actually put into words like reliving it now. I'm remembering how shattered I was. This ship doesn't happen in the country when you live in the middle of nowhere. Your favorite celebrity just arrived at your school. I was devastated that I didn't meet. This is your excursion? Where did you go to?
Speaker 1: Do you remember that dish or something?
Speaker 2: It was a religious retreat at a sport and rec camp in Wogga Wogga. So many things in that sentence.
Speaker 1: So we didn't get to cross paths on that day.
Speaker 2: No, you bloody played the piano and sang it assembly. They tried to skype us in at the Sport and Rec camp. But as you know, the country internet is, we couldn't even connect vire Skype. It was just devastating. I got back to school, got off the bus and I was like, I'm breathing the same air that Delta Gudrin breathed. It was just the worst. Oh me, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm happy to you to speak today, and I'm sure with running in and out of KIS, I'll be able to come and give you a big hugg at some point exactly right, elbow and elbow bum please my natural, that's fine. We'll have some gloves. Well. We love you, Thank you. She's finally vented that the amount of times he's told me that story.
Speaker 2: Closure, Thank you, Delta.
Speaker 1: He can sleep easy at night, camera running the camera, running the camera. He's me but slim and got long hair. Ready, Look up there, Hi, Hello, We love you, honest to god. We we'll spin solid gold.
Speaker 2: As much as I wants to stay high.
Speaker 1: I'll produce Jenna quickly say hi you time. Delta's got a business schedule. I'll hold on Delta. The cleaner. Sam wants to come in. Absolutely God, Delta's gotta go. We love you. Solid Gold guys is out now, go stream download you'll hear at twenty four to seven here at Kiss Fam. You're a star. You we can't wait for what's next. And thank you for constantly bringing positivity and light and energy into our world. You're You're incredible, So thank you, thank you, thank you. All Right, we'll talk in a bit, Okay, all right, all right, be good, we'll sweat.
Speaker 7: That was cute.
Speaker 2: Julia Morris made that same joke Mitch Squid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have we missed that opportunity for potential branding?
Speaker 2: No, because I'm pretty sure that was like the first thing you ever suggested to me when we were toying with the idea of a podcast, and I said, nope, Yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 3: You're like, I got it.
Speaker 1: I thought long and hard, long and hard square, I've got the name this is.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to fucking start hanging around this studio more often. The amount of interviews we've gotten by accident. We've got Julia Morris and Delta Goodtram.
Speaker 1: Now Paul Haydenly, this will be so jealous every time I've got an interview at home, because I've got the home studio too. He's like, can I come and talk to Marshmallow?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Fuck off. Also, Hayden is very upset. He really wants to be on the podcast on now Yeah, and I say, well, oh well pictures an idea. Yes, he gets upset. Especially we've had Sam on. Who's you know? I've had Sam on to play. He played his dad's vinyl? Remember his dad? He came on a play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's been Father's Day. Do you reckon? Sam's played his dad that?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Oh look in the system. If you're a new listener, there's a guy in our office. Sam. We brought him in because he found out that his dad used to be a Paris chart topper decades ago and his music is just nowhere to be found. He's somehow managed to track down this vinyl in an old antique shop overseas, managed to digitally restore it, and then he played it to us on the podcast, said that he was going to play it to his dad. Have you found the song?
Speaker 1: No, it's not in here.
Speaker 2: Fuck. I think it was called I wrote me a song.
Speaker 1: Would you have written that? Or would you have written.
Speaker 2: I've called it? Did Jim Grab? I might have made it something ambiguous. I don't fucking know.
Speaker 1: Oh I found it fair I think is this it? Yeah? This is the one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I didn't actually have headphones on. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: So this is the song. Sam's dad may went top ten allegedly and it just disappeared.
Speaker 2: He had no way of listening to it, and then he tracked it down, digitally, restored it, and.
Speaker 1: Then for Father's Day he was going to play it to him. So that event has happened. How selfish of me.
Speaker 2: I have never asked for an update.
Speaker 1: He did you go and find Sam?
Speaker 2: I've been here the whole time.
Speaker 1: Should we go and find Sam?
Speaker 2: Can you open that door and I'll just yell I don't want to get out, I'll get up. Hold on opened the door Sam. Yeah. I was happy with our method, just quietly.
Speaker 5: No, I think he would have quit my round there.
Speaker 2: Could you hear it yelling say there we go, some child yelling we were.
Speaker 1: We need an update.
Speaker 2: We were just talking. I don't even remember how that came up. That's what AD briefs about, isn't it. We were just talking about the fact that this, Yes, Mike's not on what number that was three? By the way, someone in our Injurant Idiot's Facebook group wrote, get Sam one more often. I love the accent. It's just such a nice voice.
Speaker 1: This song, this song, oh yeah special.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I remember you were talking about how Hayden's jealous that he's never been on the podcast we had Sam, We drag.
Speaker 1: We never got an update on the Father's Day gift.
Speaker 2: Has your father heard this song?
Speaker 3: He has a fun fat Before I heard you screaming, I was literally just on the phone to my he well he was fine, of course he was. And uh, this Father's Day I went to Coffs Harbors specifically to give him this song. I wanted to go the extra mile and maybe like get a like USB printed or something.
Speaker 1: I didn't do that.
Speaker 3: I just gave it to him on like a flash drive.
Speaker 2: I imagined you like getting some really like fancy copy, may like a CD.
Speaker 1: I looked into that.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to spend the walking onto.
Speaker 5: The plane with this big yeah, ready.
Speaker 1: To perform life.
Speaker 2: But you have a vinyl of it, right, that's how you restored it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I did finally play this to him and how many.
Speaker 2: Years had it been since he had heard his own music.
Speaker 3: I think it was maybe thirty eight I think so. Yeah, yeah, thirty eight years since I heard it. Now, my dad has a community radio show, because of course he does, of course he does. And I decided, because it was going to be content, I had to reveal it to him on his show, So live in this tiny, shitty mud brick radio studio in my hometown. The station it's two triple B FM FM. Yeah, okay, yeah, it's the Balancing Chire is number one community station, I'm sure because it's the only.
Speaker 1: One that there's no number two.
Speaker 2: That doesn't fucking matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I played the tilm on air and made the whole thing of it, played the whole song on air, and Little missed the eyed and got all chuffed and couldn't put a sentence together like I can't now, and it was just yeah, I just warmed my little heart.
Speaker 1: He was chaffed, he was very chaffed.
Speaker 2: But he does have a copy that he can actually listen to again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now he has it.
Speaker 3: It's on his eye tunes.
Speaker 2: Fuck. I can't imagine that. Wow, hearing that something. I imagine someone pain playing our podcast in thirty eight years. Yeah, happened long without hearing.
Speaker 1: It, you'll be like, oh that makes me miss me after he don't hunt in that tornado twenty seven, I miss him? Do you have?
Speaker 2: I don't suppose there's like a podcast of the radio show. Was there a voice memo by the same or something.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, my dad has it, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's going to be like fetch I want to hear this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd have to get the whole three hour file and I have to find it with time. Yeah you can, Yeah, sure.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thanks for coming in, Sam, Thanks very much.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be on Spotify or anything like that? Are you gonna upload it?
Speaker 3: No, well we don't know who has the rights, so we have to. It will be a whole thing, so I have to sort it out. I'll put up on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Are you going to get us suit now because we've just podcast probibly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gonna be the thing that brings down.
Speaker 1: And the kind of Gray fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thanks, no worries.
Speaker 2: I just needed enough date. Anyway you got you got miss the Idle love it.
Speaker 3: That's very nice.
Speaker 1: So nice see Sam, Why hang on?
Speaker 2: Just say something sensible for that one listener that liked this.
Speaker 1: Do you remember her name would have been a Gabby or a Becky.
Speaker 3: Let's say it's Gabby.
Speaker 2: I'll look it up on Endurance.
Speaker 1: Just search, just search, Sam.
Speaker 3: Do you have any Saxon music that you got in the background.
Speaker 1: I've got porn music of.
Speaker 2: Course on hand. Back in March, Brianna Saunders wrote, Sam needs to be a regular member of the podcast, just so I can listen to his stunning voice every Monday. Love Heart Eye.
Speaker 1: That'll have to be approved by management. The fourth co host. All right, I've got poor music playing.
Speaker 8: Hey, Rianna, I just saw your message on TikTok. I just want you to know that I've been thinking about you too, and yeah, it's all okay bye, that'll do.
Speaker 2: Get that up here, Banna Sensation.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful. Thanks Sam. How you are? Why don't you try a match? You give some something sexy.
Speaker 2: Again, a topic that we've covered on this podcast that I don't think I'm very good at talking dirty or sounding.
Speaker 1: Sexy very trip saands left. That was his whip. I didn't play, so it would you get? A tweet before? That was from Columbia Records. They're sending a cease and desist as much very nice.
Speaker 2: Can I do dirty talk?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So who?
Speaker 2: But Troth, for those who don't know.
Speaker 1: Is an Australian icon. She's a media conglomerate, a media mastermind, and.
Speaker 2: She was the founding editor of Cleo magazine.
Speaker 1: Correct. She also now is the chairwoman of the ABC, the Australian broadcast right company.
Speaker 2: She used to be a co host on Thudeo ten.
Speaker 1: Actually I'm gonna get a little audio grab up of Ita because I just want people to have a reference.
Speaker 5: She was also the ambassador for Alister.
Speaker 2: With Australia, but she's forgotten about it. Look up, look up, ask iter.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember.
Speaker 2: This is my favorite segment on We're Just.
Speaker 1: A Real Studio Tenie. Apparently if COSI saw this and he's like, I don't like me, here we go. This is ask eer.
Speaker 10: Our first question this morning comes from Dannyello, who is horrified by the behavior of a mum at her daughter's ballet concert. She says, dear writer. Straight after the show, one of the moms told me that my daughter is flat footed and should consider it tap so as not to let the ensemble down. I was gobsmacked. Now I am fuming. The children are nine, What should I do?
Speaker 1: Danniel? That was appalling.
Speaker 7: I was appalling behavior from the other mother.
Speaker 2: You know, I think you need to be very direct.
Speaker 7: What I want you to do is with a smile and making sure that your little girl and her daughter and all the other little girls cannot hear you. The only way to deal with this is my father once told me there was time and a place to use the F word, the poor letter one. And I think you should just say to her, smiling f off.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a weird example, because usually she gives really profound, like sensible advice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, what's the other airword, the four leather one? Fridge?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I's actually gonna say fridge. Okay, well, forget forget Eider, Butter's dirty talk. Let's do let's do ask Ider.
Speaker 1: But I'll be her.
Speaker 2: So you just give me a random life problem.
Speaker 1: What should I do?
Speaker 9: What should I say?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: All right, you can write in at any time on our Facebook couple of mitches and you can ask i'd a question from Liverpool. James says, I'm interested in anal play.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: We're on live television, idem when you're.
Speaker 2: Ready, Well, James, what's stopping you. Just because we're adults, James, doesn't mean that we can't play too. Everyone likes to explore different things in the bedroom. I don't know your circumstance. Perhaps perhaps you have a partner, perhaps the paths your thing. Or if you're with a partner, you can just say to them, hey, that there's a thing that why don't we give it a go? You know what their response to that might be. But if you're single, it's an interesting sensation. I would suggest that you you practice on your own, use something to enter that space so that you've become familiar with the sensation. Or if you do have a partner and you're not comfortable, if you know, diving in the deep end there to speak, you just wait for a time when they're not home and they just have a play around so that you know that you won't get a dreadful shock when they first enter.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: That's genuine that I just fucking dive on the deep Guys, You've got to be familiar with the sensations.
Speaker 1: So you're like, wow, I'm shure we have Lacille. She says, I killed a man on Thursday. What should I do? I still haven't disposed of the body.
Speaker 2: Well, Lucille, I would suggest that you can feel the body and have it remained a mystery for decades, and then in years to come, you start a successful podcast investigating the circumstance of the death. It'll blow up. The true crime podcasts are really quiet, trending at the moment, and they won't suspect a thing if you're the one hosting it.
Speaker 1: Chokers, I just want to jump in there. If you've killed a person, I I don't think it's the same thing who admitted not to be And I couldn't sleep at night look at myself in the mirror and think that I didn't do my job as a radio host, a television hosee. Sorry, I'm getting choked up.
Speaker 2: Found it to me like you've got a guilty conscience, Joe.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's just my two cents worth and I'll side to back next week. Let's go to Let's just go to the news. I'm overwhelmed. Stop bashing the desk.
Speaker 2: We'll die, okay, And if you'd like to send in ask a quest things of your own, hit him up, hit us up at couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: God, my hands are sore. Joe Hildebrand FYI replied to our message last week, fucked what did you not see it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Well, he so obviously messaged in with the message, and he replied with the most kind hearted message ever. Oh no, Mitch, thank you mate, exclamation point, love you see you soon and love to the other mitche too, and that chick in the background. Then there's like a hundred kisses.
Speaker 2: But okay, So at the time of record, I have not yet posted the video of us leaving Joe that voicemail. I don't want to fucking break it to him that we were taking the pits because he must he'll think that we weren't being genuine and that we didn't mean those words.
Speaker 1: Can we block him from it and hold on?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: You know what did you see? He liked a video today in the come one too, so he's a real follow. Yeah. Yeah, we can't do it. We can't post it.
Speaker 2: Actually, I just haven't posted it on Instagram and it's place where he sees it.
Speaker 1: The two thousand people to see it.
Speaker 5: They no, put it up. He referred to me as the chick in the background. I think put it up.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think we should.
Speaker 5: I think we should.
Speaker 1: So we really did get off topic. But it is my birthday next week. Hayden is mad that I don't. I haven't had him on the show, but I literally say to him every time, I'm like, picture's a segment. We don't just bring anyone on. Oh dear wanted to come on because they wanted you know, our audience.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll get it. I'll figure out a way, don't you worry.
Speaker 1: I think he wants to do it. Not come on and talk about team up with the next story.
Speaker 2: You're what with him and said, I'll team up without tag team. That makes it happen.
Speaker 1: Good. You can go for it. So what if you planned for my birthday?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to tell you that fair enough.
Speaker 1: You have to find out next week on the show.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Is it going to be something or it's just going to be we're celebrating Mitch's birthday.
Speaker 2: So there's there's a thing. Like I said, I'm not sure if you'll like it because it's me pushing my gender on you. It's something I feel that you need.
Speaker 1: Are you going to make someone come in my face?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's not my agenda.
Speaker 1: True true? True? Do you want to drain me of amine?
Speaker 2: By the way, can I tell you what a fucking epic response I've gotten to that?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? The amount of I put it on my instant story, the amount of gay men that have written to me saying thank you. Really, it's not just me. I feel like, as a gay man, I'm supposed to enjoy semen, but I hate it. Its growth, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Babe, I'm with you, I get it.
Speaker 2: It sucks that that's part of the deal.
Speaker 1: Did you get any of the opposite of people being like, how dare you? It's your job to suck come?
Speaker 2: I've got a couple being like, I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you at all, and I'm like, fair enough. But then I've got a couple of people being like, actually there was Can I play it? Those this one person who I feel quite bad now because I fucking I went hard.
Speaker 1: You tore him a new one, so to speak.
Speaker 2: Turn the music off. Sorry, I always get up you for rambling doing the close us eating my words. We're not closing anymore.
Speaker 1: Fuck what was his name? Hold On?
Speaker 2: So he said to me, what kind of gay man doesn't like semen? And I didn't take that well, apparently, because I'm like, excuse me. Everyone has different tastes in the bedroom. Some gay men don't even like you know, anal like, everyone's different. It doesn't make you less gay, And so I fucking let him know in no one certain terms. I was a bit savage. I feel bad now because he was very apologetic, and I was like, I probably responded more hearty.
Speaker 1: That you're probably his bloody idol. You know, probably started you in Hsia as we're running. Everyone does in the country. Here we go.
Speaker 2: What kind of gay doesn't love?
Speaker 1: Come?
Speaker 2: And I wrote, I said a voice message, yeah to.
Speaker 1: Someone you don't know, Mitchell, I'm all right, here we go. See.
Speaker 2: It's people who say shit like that that are the reason that I came out and so boldly admitted that I think it's vile. Do you want to know how many gay men have messaged me today and been like, oh my god, thank god you said it. I've always been too scared to say it because everyone thinks as a gay man that I should love it. I'm here to tell you, Chris.
Speaker 1: Not everyone does.
Speaker 2: So before you go fucking depositing yourself in the face of someone who doesn't specifically said that they want that, just letting you know. Some people think it's fucking found.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so oh dear. Anyway, anyway, when can we fuck? Shit? Why did you say back?
Speaker 2: Can I just say? When I recorded that, I was being like half sarcastic, like, you know how you and I fake bicker? But then I realized that he and I don't really know each other, so that could have really fuck And he was like, oh my god, I'm so sorry, honestly, thank you for calling me out. Blah blah blah. Any he was like he was like taking back with he said, and I was like, oh shit, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. He was like, I genuinely feel bad.
Speaker 1: I was like, whoo, some young kid. You probably were his idol. You have a lot of people that you know, like we said, they study you, James Cook, Hitler, Mitch KURMBS, the Big Three? Yep, are you talking about the Big Three and in apparently Australian rubrics. What did you learn about you?
Speaker 2: I mean that my classrooms get shown my voguing at video correct correct.
Speaker 1: But maybe it's negatively. Maybe they're like, don't end up like this boy. No, one's actually told us. No, one's clarified.
Speaker 2: Actually, they show you car accident footage and go, don't drink drive you know.
Speaker 7: What I want.
Speaker 1: Actually, if you're listening to this and you're one of those poor I kind of speak, it's because I wasn't shown the video in English to prave children that were shown that. Can you please reach out to me because I want to talk to your teacher and I want to see exactly where this is coming from.
Speaker 2: What is Just go to the comments section on my TikTok. There are a bunch of teachers that commented, I've shown people, all right, Well, if you guys shown my class, my year elevens loved it.
Speaker 1: But I want to get a teacher on and see what they say.
Speaker 2: I know I'm helping you achieve that. Go to my comment section on TikTok.
Speaker 1: All right, I also want I want them to teach it to you, because very rarely do you get to teach history to the person that it's about.
Speaker 2: Great idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirteen one, six five are you giving that number? Just of course I have it. See next week I'll be twenty five for me next talk.
Speaker 2: Can't wait. It's going to be a big shot.
Speaker 1: I'm trying Hello fresh, and I'm just trying to pissy off by going on a new tangent at the end of the episode. You should have seen that straight and be like, I need to get how I'm done and the cat's gonna die. I need it snappy top again.
Speaker 7: With the
Speaker 1: For a big wads hi