Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: How's your week going so far? Tell us about it in six words? Text them into four seven five three, one oh four three, Good morning. Andrew his week so far wet, cold board, frustrated, constipated, delirious, A lot going on there, various stages of life, Jody six words while deer eating my apples? Girl, where do you live? Well, it sounds like a beautiful place. Wow, Dear got Rod Stewart's tickets. Woo, that's some Kylie. I am not about menopause, Linda. Quite a statement there. We didn't say you were twelve twelve dollars kmart backpack just broke. Send it to Patsy, should take it up with them, Patsy, what's your six word week so far? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Half priced Mexican night last night. We have not gone to our local Mexicans since Oh Jae lockdown, I reckon.
Speaker 1: This used to be a regular thing with goldfish, bowl of a margarita.
Speaker 3: Yeah, half price on a Tuesday night. We've got an.
Speaker 2: Awesome survive without you guys.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what they've changed.
Speaker 2: That's a problem, isn't it. At a high level they're having board means to go. We need to talk about the Newman situation.
Speaker 3: It's not half priced anymore. It's quarter price.
Speaker 4: That's a better deal than half price.
Speaker 3: There's a white there's a whiteboard at the front of the restaurant. Oh oh, it's not a half priced Well, you know what, it's hard for business at the moment. It is, but we laugh at the manager. It's a lovely local family that has it. But the manager is a bit basil faulty, and he looks like he gets annoyed when you when you turn up. But the food is remarked.
Speaker 2: You mean, there are certain places, right, I love to go to where the owner is obviously been in it too long, Paul and seen it all, and actually appears to hate you when you walk here.
Speaker 4: It's like going into any guitar shop when you're in there.
Speaker 2: Because they didn't make it into lead Zepp and we're paying the price.
Speaker 3: He's really funny. Chris went to pay the bill and he didn't look at him and just put his hand up and said, I'm busy. Just wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that kind of I've seen that seen in so many restaurants.
Speaker 4: But it's comedic.
Speaker 3: It's it's almost like it's a theater restaurant.
Speaker 2: It's part of it. Yes, it's hard vibe, is it with it? It's a tax you pay for the food. Is it's part of the ex should do a phone in one day about grumpy owners of places that you still go to. There's a cafe, we go to it. I actually get quite intimidated going in because he is the vibe. He gets off that he hates all the vanguard.
Speaker 3: What this one's like. But the food is great, and it's always a great night. And hey it's still it's not half price, but it's quarter price.
Speaker 2: Jackie boy, what's your six word week?
Speaker 4: Stuck at the shopping center boom.
Speaker 2: Gate, Oh no, in a circle of hell.
Speaker 4: I was trying to exit the car park and they had that new technology which is meant to scare number so there's not even a ticket that you put in the machine anymore. It's all automatic. And I'm waiting at the front of the Boomcate and it's not going up, and I'm pressing the buzzer and there's nobody.
Speaker 2: I cold. Your blood turns to ice in that moment, and then you see the rear view mirror and study the car. Car car coming up behind.
Speaker 4: With each cart joins the line, the harder.
Speaker 2: It is pressure.
Speaker 3: You can feel it building up.
Speaker 4: So I had to go to the back of the line and say to the last car, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And you know what's everyone hates that guy? You do you blame the person?
Speaker 4: Well, there should be a hand signal to say it's not me, it's the machine.
Speaker 2: But I wouldn't even trust the person doing that new s O S non emergency hands signal.
Speaker 4: So I had to send everybody individually.
Speaker 2: Marshals. And then of course, are you're going to press that magic button to a little person that lives in the machine?
Speaker 4: Wasn't there? I'm pressing the lunch break. Nobody on the other round at the food court. He's missing. So I sent everybody to the other exit. And then, of course by the time I say everybody to the other exit, than Boomgate decides to come back up again.
Speaker 2: Someone once told me, but they that they're not in shopping centers, those people. Someone told me this one of those conspiracy theories, that they're all in a giant town in India. I was like, what like Boomgates of the world, I like flashing going off Vancouver. There's just one central place.
Speaker 4: Whoever's man?
Speaker 2: I want to believe that conspiracy theory. Christian Connell's show podcast, Tim had enough of Lanina now so new leader Tim Impackingham. He speaks for all of us. I love this one apartment. What's up? Drama? Neighbour courts, smoking, he's putting brackets here. Just let me know. It's how side of the six words jurisdiction. It's banned in the building. Oh scoundal. I love this one. We had date night at Buddings. How did he come? What a great is that? Second or third day? If that's a first date, that's a red flag. I think my six words so far is looking for practice walks in Victoria. So this weekend, my daughter and I we're going away two weeks time. As soon as we finished for the year, taking her away for a week. We're going for a year dad's daughter bonding thing before she goes to leaves us all go to university in Febrard. We're going to Queenstown, so we're doing a lot of hiking there. The first three days we're doing six to eight hours a day of hiking, probably hiking, yeah, yeah, probably hiking and everything. One of the days we've even got a guide because going quite deep into the Routeburn cannot wait right, really really excited. However, this eighteen year old needs to get needs to get her sea legs ready. I was yesterday she was lying lying down on the couch, stirring revision.
Speaker 1: I was like, two weeks friday, we got to get ready, Okay, we are going to Queen States, like serious hiking.
Speaker 2: It's a hiking holiday we're going on. She's like, oh, we ready. I'm like, no, no, we got to get this. So we've got to get a walking boots and all wet weather gear and that. Because it's New Zealand, it will you can wear in first time on six So I actually started googling practice walks yesterday. She was like, we don't need I promise you. We have to start walking next week, all right, because now she's got free time after today I last exam. I said, you know, after the radio show, you can go and pick me up, and then we need to start doing a couple of hours a day. So if anyone in all services does have some recommendations, because you know, sometimes you go on Google and there's too much information, right, there was lots of various guides and walks and stuff like that. But actually the more I look, the less I sort of understood about where are the best ones to go on? You want personal recommendations for coming from a really.
Speaker 4: Good walk if you're willing to drive out of the city anyway, the one we used to go to is kid Kids with Loaded her Gorge A great walk along the river.
Speaker 2: Is that beautiful? Yes, Patti, where would you recommend? I'd go?
Speaker 3: What about the one thousand steps on Dennos would be good, because yeah, it's really high and be good for the old size.
Speaker 2: We've done that one. That is a beautiful one. Yeah, we've done a couple out there. It's really nice out there's beautiful. If anyone's got any recommen nations, I generally do need them. Well, she needs and we need them. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast