Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show Yeah podcast.
Speaker 2: Last week Jack told us about his new passion, which is chess.
Speaker 3: Yes, I watched The Queen's Gambit and then downloaded chess dot Com app where I can play against people all over the world. And I have been playing up to seventeen hours a week on the chess app.
Speaker 1: And this is amazing because chess is a very hard game.
Speaker 2: It's a game of strategy and skill and subterfuge and co oh, yeah there's subterfuge there as well. Yeah, And so seventeen hours a week, it's something you will enjoy as well.
Speaker 3: I every bit of spare time in the day I will get on the chess app. Bank is starting to hate it because I don't do I'm doing way less chores around the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can imagine you do it seventeen hours a week, seven days a week. We can all do the maths here on the plates and like dust and.
Speaker 1: Everything, every part of up.
Speaker 3: And it's one of those things if you're playing somebody live in a different country, you can't stop the game because then it's unfair to that person.
Speaker 1: So once I'm interested you played recently, you know it might be barrying as well.
Speaker 3: I've played someone in Panama yesterday.
Speaker 1: Wow, and what do you know? Just their code name? Like the Meister General.
Speaker 3: We all got code names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's yours?
Speaker 3: Mine's Greg Internet. If anyone wants to look me up and play against.
Speaker 1: Greg Internet, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: No, there's got to be I know you you cank it all through.
Speaker 1: But it's not Internet.
Speaker 3: It's not a clever name.
Speaker 2: It's just well, we know Greg Internet. Right anyway? So I asked chat last week, what do you be up for if I was to find someone who's equivalent standard for your first ever live game.
Speaker 3: Yep, you get like a handicap almost. You get a rating. You start at twelve hundred and then you either go up and down whether you're a good or band. And I've moved down to about a nine hundred to one thousand player.
Speaker 2: Right, I found someone same level as you for your first game in here tomorrow morning. So last week I mentioned this and I got a load of emails from people who were up for doing this, and I've kind of sort of forgotten about it, and the next day show came along and I just I just forgot until on Thursday I got an amazing email that really brought.
Speaker 1: This back into our life.
Speaker 2: I've even set up a secret, covert WhatsApp group with the other producers so I could share it with them. I created the WhatsApp group to share this email. But you, Siria, was the first respond I could see all the others you know this, see the little ghost thing with their writing, writing right, but everyone's so excited.
Speaker 1: He actually said, I can't breathe.
Speaker 3: So so exciting. Can chess be something you hate?
Speaker 2: To stay with it? Jackie boy? So your opponent yesterday we played this out to Jack. Okay, this is this is who's coming in tomorrow morning to play Jack his first game of chess.
Speaker 4: Hi, Jack, this is a chess challenger. I'm ready to go toe to tour with you. Your ranking is modelist at best, so maybe I shall be leaning in. Come start training your forty eight hours. When I'm done with you, all the chess horses and all your chest friends won't be able to put jack posts together.
Speaker 1: Chilling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I gave you a riddle at the end of yesterday's show. I said, they say in chess, the hardest opponent you can ever face is yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which made me gets my brother or maybe my dad, but you said that that's not them.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you ready to meet you're new, first ever real life chest nemesis.
Speaker 3: I am ready and excited.
Speaker 1: Okay, your nemesis has a brand new voicemail for you.
Speaker 4: Hi Jack, this is a just challenger in tea most twenty four hours. I'll be on a rook to work with you in a good old fashioned game of chess. I'm gonna show no mercy, so I hope you've been practicing because you're going down. So good luck. Jack, get ready to.
Speaker 5: Be beaten by a twelve year old I'm Jack traffuck Milne. It's Jack versus Jack. Get ready, rocks rumble.
Speaker 1: You like.
Speaker 3: I'm going to play a child.
Speaker 2: Now you understand the excitement of that. I can't breathe on an email from a twelve yard boy, cool Jack, So you will play Jack.
Speaker 3: And he's already trash talking. Yes, I feel like you've already got a psychological edge on me.
Speaker 2: So now let's hear it back without the voice disguiser.
Speaker 5: Hi Jack, this is a chess challenger. I'm ready to go toe to toe rook to rook with you. Your ranking is modest at best, So maybe I shall be lenient. Come start training your forty eight hours. When I'm done with you, all the chess horses and all your chest friends won't be able to put jack posts together again. This is Jack get ready to be beaten by twelve year old I'm Jack Drapak Milne. It's Jack versus Jack. Get ready.
Speaker 1: It is rumble, it is.
Speaker 2: It is on my Friends tomorrow morning. It is on when Jack will play Jack.
Speaker 3: Rooks will rumble. Not want to lose to a twelve year old.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes yes, tomorrow morning, seven am the Rook rumble only I'm going one O four point three and we have a theme June start to sing everyone chess club altogether. Now just come just come party.
Speaker 3: Hey, I gotta be honest. I'm not looking for any like happy ending to the radio show and let the twelve year old win. I will be trying to kick his butt tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 2: Bring it, because he's gonna try and take down.
Speaker 3: A man I really really want to win.
Speaker 2: Oh, I so hopey beats. Jack will play Jack tomorrow seven am.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Twelve year old Jack is coming in to take on thirty two year old Jack Post and don't forget Guys Club altogether. Now that gets Let's go party tomorrow morning, seven am. Be there ain't no party, Guys fact.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast