Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Panny Panic Panic, I want a girl with a short skirt and a grand hacket.
Speaker 3: Goose's back, Shady's Back.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Four point three Friday Morning Team, Good morning and Happy Friday.
Speaker 4: Happy Friday.
Speaker 3: What is everyone looking forward to this weekend? Patsy? What are you up to?
Speaker 5: What am I up to?
Speaker 2: Chris is away for the weekend.
Speaker 3: Actually one of those heavy drinking weekends, is he quite possibly? Yes?
Speaker 2: No, it's the by annual cook up, the fry up, the snow cup, drink up.
Speaker 3: I think that's what that is. Yes.
Speaker 4: Is he still trying to record a podcast when he goes away on these drunken weekends.
Speaker 5: No, they've they've tweaked it.
Speaker 2: They are still doing podcasts, but there is no alcohol available, but they are.
Speaker 3: What are they doing on their weekend? How many go?
Speaker 5: I think there's about a dozen this time.
Speaker 3: Is it all schoolmates?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Actually their men that He's worked with colleagues in the past and they still get along.
Speaker 3: Ros like former colleagues assemble. Hello David, how you got Are you still at office works?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, not anymore.
Speaker 4: No, no, you are part of men that I've worked out.
Speaker 3: I'm now at my tent anyway. Cheers all right, Jackie boy, what are you up to or big weekend?
Speaker 4: You know who's getting on the plane in the next hour. Is my in laws coming from Florida.
Speaker 3: The Venezuelans are on their way, very loving grandparents.
Speaker 4: I won't be there for the airport picked up tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: I bet you I would usually get another plane. He went into their place. I look after the Venezuelan mansion. Why not?
Speaker 4: What's your I will take Gordy to swimming lessons, will pick them up from the airport, and then for the next two weeks we'll be hosting her mum and dad.
Speaker 5: So they're staying at yours?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, they are? They staying in the Airbnb closer.
Speaker 2: Were hardly hosting if they're not staying.
Speaker 3: In the sights and say with Jackie, I think the best hosting is at arms leand hosts from Afar.
Speaker 5: What's first on the agenda?
Speaker 3: What do you do Langham? I think he's taking them to the Langham for the beautiful buffet. I'm sure they do.
Speaker 4: You do a great buffet there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we've actually got planned Oh my word, what you tend to Frank your personal trainer session with Jack even.
Speaker 4: Hang Bianco, I'm sure has some things planned. I have seen a lot of calender lunches.
Speaker 3: That's shocking, shocking, Patsy, he has unbelievable They your son's grandparents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually I have organized the days that they're going to look after Gaudio and what I'm going to do with my three time.
Speaker 5: You are shocking.
Speaker 3: We've got a big day tomorrow. Youngest daughter turns seventeen. Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, she turns seventeen tomorrow, and uh yeah, we're all going out for dinner tonight. Are you just the family? And yeah, we're all super excited, super excited. I can't believe that our youngest daughter is actually turning seventeen. And you guys are met. Lois looks like she's twenty seven. She's been an adult all of her life, to be honest, raising me at times.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Double Thumbs Up is where we go around the show me Jack about so we share the things we're into this week. Patsy, what have you got? They've got some.
Speaker 2: Couple boxing I have, but just wait, can I also give an honorable mention? I'm on the tiktoks now, or rather ords is on the TikTok.
Speaker 3: God, that was awkward. I'm on the tiktoks, that little thing. I'm on the myspaces anyway.
Speaker 4: What kind of stuff are you doing on there?
Speaker 5: Just looking at videos? Isn't that what you do?
Speaker 4: So you're not making content particular, I'm not making no, missus.
Speaker 3: Harris goes to Paris. Yeah, you're not doing news talks.
Speaker 5: Death, murder, mayhem, pilgrimage.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I saw this awesome thing at the Terror which is at the raw Botanic Gardens in Melbourne where they do on a weekend beautiful cups of fresh strawberries with chocolate. It's just like over the summer period and what.
Speaker 3: What It's just the way you look at me. You just discovered the world's not flat. Yeah, okay, well you can put some stories in a capell anyway.
Speaker 5: We love it. Gay right to the box, right, let's to the box.
Speaker 3: And I'm just so excited you show me. Is that from the ank? It's the anchor corroboration.
Speaker 5: Yes, this is the latest Ancle discovery.
Speaker 3: Judging by the way, it's been attacked. Instead of opening a wo you don't open it like that?
Speaker 5: Do you sent it to me?
Speaker 4: And this is not brand new?
Speaker 3: You get out that scape out the front of the building. What you got, Hobo Johnson?
Speaker 5: I reckon someone has returned it because.
Speaker 4: There was that.
Speaker 5: Toubo Jammys thirty nine.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen them since, like they were huge in the eighties.
Speaker 5: Remember you get your mom a footspaf on Mother's Day?
Speaker 3: The back feedback?
Speaker 4: Are we feeder back?
Speaker 2: People have still look at this, Jack, you were talking about get rid of the box, can you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, no, you were talking about this demonstration we're getting now.
Speaker 5: No, you were talking about this the other day.
Speaker 7: Jack.
Speaker 5: You were using Gordy's little baby bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for a footsake, which is.
Speaker 5: Just really not practical, is it. Have you put in the skip the foot bar?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, that can be used for another baby.
Speaker 5: This is thirty nine bucks, Patchy.
Speaker 3: You're aware that this is actually going out as radiook content. You're okay with that. We actually get we get it. You put your feet into.
Speaker 2: The little massage bit better than the one in the eighties, which so.
Speaker 4: Good on infomercials were those ones where they have to kill about ten minutes of talk.
Speaker 3: Every week on this basically so still going on Christmas.
Speaker 5: Thirty nine barks footspar came out. My money on there, like eighty or.
Speaker 4: Nine strawberries first of the potetic guns.
Speaker 3: She's throwing shade on Amazon, double it on Amazon. Where do you even get those facts from?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I had a look on Amazon because I was looking for some and they're like, seventy eighty bucks are the cheapest ones. This is like Ancho thirty nine bucks.
Speaker 4: He's still used once by somebody else, but.
Speaker 5: Look it's still in the plastic.
Speaker 3: Also that at thirty nine bucks, that's got to be their mote, that's not their rolls Royce. That's got to be their most expensive item, and go do they can't do anything over fifty dollars?
Speaker 8: True?
Speaker 2: True, so true to get one nine bucks, I'll give you this one, but I'm going to have it.
Speaker 3: Going great stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Double thumbs up, But we talk about the things we're into this week, Jack, what have you enjoyed this week?
Speaker 4: I want to trade out my last week's double thumbs up for a new one. We were watching lessons in chemistry. It's just too much nineteen fifties nos for me.
Speaker 3: Looks a bit too jolly in place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything feels like to watch it. When Marty McFly goes back to nineteen fifty five, it's that but all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, love it. So my wife loves stuff like the dar RULs and that kind of golden happy glow TV.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone's smiling.
Speaker 3: The neighbors are on pushbas Johnson. The roses are looking lovely like Stepford Wire. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so banker sticking with that. And I've joined Slow Horses on Apple TV.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is a great show.
Speaker 4: I've heard you talking about it before. I thought it was some kind of Western because horses and horses Eastwood on the back of a horse riding to.
Speaker 3: A red it's a rescue center for old ponies and horses.
Speaker 4: No, it's current times about spies and stuff. So far, so good.
Speaker 3: You enjoying it? Yeah, yeah, a couple of things. This is late Lapati. Have you've seen Sex Education? Oh my god, what a brilliant show on Netflix. The kids been talking to me that Sat and I should watch it for ages, not with them. Now we're watching it and it is somebody well kids these days, teenagers. They've got all these likely four amazing TV shows, really well made that actually January reflect what it's like to be a teenager. Wouldn't have any of that kid just grassy high that I wanted. I want to watch stuff like that. Just gave some shiny version of it sex education. It's very very good. The other thing is one of my favorite podcasts, Sixty Songs that Explain the Nineties is now book?
Speaker 4: Is such a brilliant Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Very very funny. Rob half Villa is the host of that. Sixty Songs That Explain the Nineties is a great listen if you're looking for a new podcast anyway, Look, it's now a book, So if youre looking Fridays to Christmas, get that. The other thing I'm still enjoying even though the new season isn't great. Do you watch Morning Wars? We wanted to shut me down?
Speaker 5: No, I just I don't get as much time as it looks like.
Speaker 4: You've watched that My mum, your dad every night.
Speaker 3: You've got plenty of time.
Speaker 5: I really haven't.
Speaker 4: But is it good?
Speaker 2: I've heard it's good, but you're saying that, Why are you mentioning it? If this series isn't as good because.
Speaker 3: It's still got enough going on in there. Yeah, and actually you'd like it because it's about It's not Brandfort Radio, it's morning TV. But a lot of the characters Patsy, you know these people drive Sarah nuts. Can I go? They don't know how true that is?
Speaker 4: Which one am?
Speaker 2: I am? I?
Speaker 5: Jennifer Aniston?
Speaker 3: Oh no, No, there's an elderly woman on the board who's seen off lots of young pretenders. That's you. That's you.
Speaker 1: Christian know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much to everyone who's continued to donate so generously since the end of yesterday's show. If you don't know what we're talking about, yesterday morning, I said how we really needed your help, and I felt bad asking for that help because the reason why this amazing charity, Backpacks of It Kids, are struggling this year to raise the money they need. They are I mainly on donations and volunteers. They are called Backpacks of It Kids, and all the children that are placed in protective care for their welfare and safety, they give them a little backpack. And this Christmas they're trying to get these center packs and each one costs them about thirty five dollars to put together. The thing is, if they don't get these Canti packs out to the kids, which is going to be around six thousand, Sally, this Christmas won't be at home with their families. We'll be in foster homes and places like that. They don't get any Christmas present, and they charity backpacks of it kids. Sally, who works for them and runs this place with their amazing team, she called me Wednesday night and they'd actually run out of money and she was desperate. She didn't know what to do. So yesterday morning we had nothing and this morning I'm in awe. It's almost ninety seven thousand dollars that you guys have raised, and I'm on the page right now. If you go to the Christian o'connellshow dot com dot au you can find out more on where you donate there. There's even one of our listeners who listens to a podcast in Germany who's paid for a couple of these Santa Give packs, James Tyler, which is just amazing. So to everyone who's giving, this means a huge amount. I think it means as about two and a half thousand children who will get a Christmas present this year that weren't going to get one just yesterday. Yeah.
Speaker 4: At the current amount raised at ninety four hundred seventy nine dollars, we've paid for twenty seven hundred and fifty six of the center backs.
Speaker 3: So please keep it going. Whatever you can give, where it's thirty dollars twenty dollars, head to The Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. Leave your name in the message as well, and any message will say because we're reading those out this morning and thank you. So please keep it going because the more we can raise means the more children that are going to have a Christmas present this Christmas. The Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au thank you all right right now? Then knock off Friday. Well, we ask you the best question all the day. What's are you knocking off today? And then what is a highlight for your weekend? So it's the house ready for your in laws of Venezuelans coming tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Definitely not, but that is today's job as well as a round of one round of golf.
Speaker 3: Bank you get down the skirting boards are still filthy. Where are my tailor mates?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: And a little. Bertie told me that you've got some very nice golf clubs.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do have some tailor aids the scratch.
Speaker 3: Someone that hasn't played. You've got actual custom made shaft.
Speaker 4: Yes, they fitted them to me.
Speaker 3: Andy Lee helped you help yep. And are they making you play better?
Speaker 4: Definitely? Not actually, as he was fitting him because he said, well now we can. He watches you hit in one of those virtual golfing booths and he's saying it's tracking all your movements so we can change the clubs slightly to improve your hitting. But I said, I haven't even had one lesson yet. You're going to fit them to somebody who can't even swing properly.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: What a way for you to begin your weekend. Unwind, enjoy the weekend. Every single call of this morning on the show. I think we've got about forty nine of these left. Raid OCX bath salts, muscle soothing, soothe away the week. Whatever's happened to you this week? Nine four one O four three, Patsy, if you managed to go grab one.
Speaker 5: No, not yet, but I will. I shall might have a bubble bath this weekend.
Speaker 4: They're not. They're not bubble bar no.
Speaker 2: No, but they like like joom up the bath, don't they'll go all soapy.
Speaker 5: With the jets on.
Speaker 3: Sometimes. What I hope from exchange with you is it just a little bit easier?
Speaker 2: What's so it's going to be it's closer to your bath salts yep, But doesn't it foe much?
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 5: I'll still be nice.
Speaker 3: Though you've all watched. Thank god you're here this weekend somehow work yes? And so if I asked Hamish Blake, have you mutually get your boss? So if he would have gone yes, and I'm looking forward to it now, I haven't messed to get one yet. I won't play any improper of you question on the radio. Please watch some all right? So nine four one four one o four three? What time are you knocking off today? And what is the highlight for you this weekend? Jamien, good morning morning.
Speaker 9: How are we team?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good Damien. I hope you had a good week. So what time are you knocking off today?
Speaker 9: One thirty? And then on Sunday I'm going to the biggest long shop in the Southern Hemisphere at high Point Tom's confection everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen that that that's like a big candy supermarket.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 3: It's biggest in the Southern hemisphere that gets trotted out from time to time. Doesn't it like it's a real flex You know what's we got down here? Antarctica? Yes, how makes your lolly shop Antarctica? So it's a high point and it's the largest in the southern hemispheres.
Speaker 2: It just opened, yeah, I think it was like a week ago or something, wasn't it. And they've got like freeze dried lollies and stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, open one hundred if ye old budget, I can get close to that.
Speaker 3: Exciting times. What actually got going on this weekend, Damium. I'm getting to.
Speaker 10: Roller shutters installed tomorrow in my house.
Speaker 3: Coming into this is huge. No mention of that you should have left with that. This is a big moment in any middle aged person's life.
Speaker 4: Get the lollies, then shut the world out.
Speaker 3: Secure the parrice, protect that horse, protect your stash, Damien. Have a nice weekend mate with any of the soaks.
Speaker 8: Thanks very much.
Speaker 9: Take it easy.
Speaker 3: Maria. Good morning, Maria.
Speaker 7: How are we good?
Speaker 3: Maria? Happy Friday? And so what some are you knocking off today.
Speaker 7: I've already knocked off, heading to Melbourne Airport. There you heading to Launceston.
Speaker 3: Oh you off to Tasmania? And what are you doing in Tasi?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Hopefully visit some breweries, some wineries, catch up with some friends, go.
Speaker 10: For some walks.
Speaker 3: Beautiful. Yeah, I'm going over there in a couple of weeks time. I can't wait. Tausy's gorgeous. And how long are you away for? Wait?
Speaker 11: Till Monday?
Speaker 3: All right? So what we do is we'll send you these there. I should arrive Tuesday and then it'll be ready for you to soak away all those aches and pains for your walking in Tasmania. Sounds great, all right, Maria, have a nice one, enjoy your weekend in Tasi.
Speaker 12: Thank you, cheers later.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'cyl show podcast.
Speaker 3: This time yesterday morning, I was wondering how would we do? How much money we could race for back packs of it kids? And I was mostly wired about not getting the money that these poor children of Melbourne, and that Sally and a volunteers backpack for IT kids who just run out of money. How much we could get. When she called me Wednesday, night out of the blue, she runs us. She's part of this amazing charity that one of you told us about about three years call called Backpacks of It Kids, and sadly a children that are placed into care for their safety and wellness. They give them a simple backpack to make them feel a bit less alone. They put a few things in there, and this year they're trying to do a smaller little backpacker center pack. Basically it's a Christmas present and I didn't realize how high the numbers are. You're talking about five to six thousand children this year who may go without a Christmas present, who are in foster care all over Melbourne, and Backpacks of It Kids have managed to get about sixteen hundred of the around it's going to be five to six thousand kids who, if we can't raise the money, won't get a simple Christmas present this year. It actually breaks your heart when you think about a kid is already goodness lies what they've been through and now is in care for their safekeeping and there's nothing under the Christmas tree, not one single present. So blessed Sally and a team that actually try and do this, so they just run out of money and they've got to about sixteen hundred. So yesterday morning at eight o'clock, we were asking whatever you could give. Each little Santa pat they call them, cost thirty five dollars, and so we were just hoping that we could raise a couple of thousand DeMarce. We set a target that during Patsy's news yesterday, Jack and I thought was actually wildly optimistic at thirty five thousand, because the reason why they've run out of money is simply because people aren't donating so much this year. Everybody's wired about the high interest rates going up. You're looking after your own families. It is a couple of weeks away from Christmas, you've got summer holidays going on. This city's really suffered, you know, coming out of COVID. There's like another pandemic. A lot of people that haven't been able to get onto save financial ground are really really struggling. Some families are way beyond struggling right now, so they're not getting their donations. And so we didn't know how much money you could give. It's not that you'd want to, it's actually could give. So this morning to be looking at it, and it's a I can't actually believe in saying this. Ninety seven thousand, five hundred and forty nine dollars is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's two thousand, seven hundred and eighty seven of those center packs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so over two in our thousand children will get Christmas this year thanks to your generosity. So I hope you can still donate if you are able to Thank you very much, head to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au tononate and find out more. Every thirty five dollars is another present for a kid. I'd really love us to be able to get to one hundred and seventy five thousand. Now it seems like a steep target. The reason is that would mean five thousand kids getting presents, and that would hopefully be almost enough. That's selling our charity need. In the new year. There might be some money, might be some money left over, but the money doesn't just the money doesn't get top back up. They have to start again fundraising. But the big thing they want are those Christmas presents. So if we can get to by Monday one hundred and seventy five thousand, it'll be amazing. You've done almost one hundred thousand in almost twenty four hours. I really think it'd be amazing if we could do that. So just some thank you as you go on the page heads of The Christian O'Connell Show dot com dot au, leave a little message. We are going to be reading out all your messages and saying thank you as well. Thank you very much to Homer Simpson.
Speaker 4: That's lovely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I think you know some guy and then he's kind of to actually buy two of those Sounta packs, So thank you very much, Homer Simpson and the guy yesterday who was kind of to buy two of these packs, but also take the time to let us know he doesn't particularly like children.
Speaker 4: That was such a funny mind.
Speaker 3: Got to put that on the record there, just to let us know you don't put the choice of language doesn't particularly But.
Speaker 4: Despite that for the children's.
Speaker 3: Buy a real life screwge still shouting out and getting two of those center backs. So whatever you want to put on there, thank you very much. As long as you're donating heads to the Christian O'Connell Show dot com dot au, thank you very much to Vicky and Kayden Christian. I'm a single mum, things are pretty tight for us. Off to listen to the show yesterday, my ten year old son said we have to help. He's putting seventy dollars of his own money second and I said I was match it. So thank you very much, Vicky k Carrie Freeman, thank you very much for your donation. James Tyler listens to the podcast in Germany. Hugsom Germany. He's brought to Thank you very much. Kathy Jones Christian no chance to go without a Christmas. I've got three. I wish I could give more. Thank you very much. We've been doing that. Robert Sutherland, Christian. Mom and dad always used to fill up pillowcases and they weren't big owners, so I don't know how they did it. We were lucky to have anything. A child going without this Christmas is heartbreaking. Happy to help. Vanessa Fairchild Felicity one Santa sat from Riley thirteen from her pocket money for the last two weeks and wants to donate and thank you very much. Jay and M Accountants. If you're a business you want to donate and you want to do it privately, you can do it anonymously. You can send me an email if you want or if you want to plug Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com dot au Chackieboar you've got some of there as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some more businesses that are coming on board. Ten packs from hire A, Hubby, Dru and Turadin. They say the story breaks our heart every year. We're again very happy to support this amazing charity. The admin team the Good Guy's Melton store, So not everybody at the Good Guy's Melton, just the admin team at the Good Guy's Meltain Store. Merry Christmas to all the children. Hope these gifts put a small on their faces. Thank you to Sarah Trinda. What a wonderful organization. My heart goes out to all the kids in need. Thank you to David B who said, from me and my two kids, we remember what it was like to need the kindness of strangers. We hope this makes a child feel very loved and remembered.
Speaker 3: God beautiful messages. Thank you very much to Phillip Dixon and all the team are Asset Flooring for donating ten Santa packs. Thank you very much everybody. If you want to keep this going and please do head to the Christianconorshow dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good morning to producer Kaitlin's dad, Gary MacArthur's just donated. Now I'm gonna have to wait my dad back up in England. I don't want to look bad here. You need to get John Post Patsy. You're gonna have to get your dad to donate. We've started a new trend now the parents of the team all good to donate. Caitlin, what has your dad done? Gary, thank you very very much for doing that, very kind and thanks to honors just donated John Higgins and Soree Penny as well. Siren and Donnah. Thank you very much for your huge generosity. It's beautiful The Christian O'Connell Show dot com dot au.
Speaker 4: And if you donate in the next couple of minutes, you could be the donation that takes us over one hundred thousand dollars currently on ninety nine four and seventy four dollars.
Speaker 3: All right, So, yesterday an amazing news story about a plane that had to turn around. It was going from Belgium to New York because a horse had got loose. Have a listen to this This is actual commentary from the pilot.
Speaker 6: I guess we are a cargo plane. We have live animal horse on board the airplane and the horny managed to escape this ball.
Speaker 3: What do they do? I mean, a bloody great horse going nuts, just kicking and stamping and stuff like that. What does does a plane get wonky and stuff like that as it moves around and starts running and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: I do believe we need at least error, Mary, and I guess you call it?
Speaker 3: Did the banter, isn't he? And what do they do? Are they going to fire him up to try and land on the plane like Tom Cruise? They're going to fire on the side there some vet with his little vets bag trying to like shoot fire and blow out into the horse through the window or something. What a need the vet when they land? It's like they do. They have them hanging around the airport along with the fieries there they got vets as well. So this morning on the show and then with the horse getting loose on a plane, we're looking for your stories of what got loose.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: You've raised now it's over in just the last twenty three hours one hundred and one thousand. These are gifts for children and need this Christmas, which means Jackie Boy. If each one is thirty five dollars, how many children who weren't going to be getting a Christmas present this year will get one hundred and one thousand divided by thirty five thists.
Speaker 4: Crunch those numbers, two eight hundred and ninety nine Santa.
Speaker 3: Pack every thirty five dollars. It's another kid who will get a Christmas present this year. Thank you very much. If you go to the Christian O'Connell's show dot com dot au, Laney Douglas has just done that, Christian. I have donated four ctipas. There was a time when I was a single mother with four children and I really needed help with Christmas. Now they're all grown up with the children of their own. Everyone's doing well. But I always remember the kindness that was showing to us every Christmas. I'd like to do the same thing, Larnie, what beautiful message. Thank you very much to everyone who's still donating. The Christian O'Connor show dot com dot au. Right now on the show, then what got loose? A horse got loose on a plane yesterday.
Speaker 6: I guess we are a cargo plane. We have live animal horn on board the airplane, and the horny managed to escape this stall.
Speaker 3: Whoever didn't put that bolt across, because that's all it takes sometimes is genius of the week and early contend. We'll be doing that after eight this morning. Lucy, good morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning to you.
Speaker 10: How are we good?
Speaker 3: Lucy? Now, Lucy, what got loose?
Speaker 10: Well, my horse and four donkeys got loose from the conjuring inevitude.
Speaker 3: I saw a Christmas player, so I followed the star of bethleet him. Made it all the way to Jesus. Was furious.
Speaker 12: Yeah, made it all the way to exhibition buildings in Carlton. And we actually made the third page of the newspaper.
Speaker 10: I don't know what was on the front page, photo of a policeman feeding my horse in Apple.
Speaker 4: So that the horse and the donkeys made it to Carlton or just the.
Speaker 3: Hork, now all of them, and it was the horse leading them.
Speaker 10: It was during the night.
Speaker 3: I was asleep.
Speaker 10: I got the phone call the next morning.
Speaker 3: So they went from they broke out of this convent in Abbotsford. Yep, they made it all the way to Carlton, the exhibition, the exhibition buildings, because the trams obviously not running, so I couldn't wait for the traans. We wouldn't have the flipping my key that We've got to go and find a news agent. How to get the bloody mikey guys passing down the jam? We have to walk it now. So how far did they get? How many? How many meters?
Speaker 10: Is that?
Speaker 3: Is it cop cave?
Speaker 8: That's a good cheer kilometers?
Speaker 4: Yeah, three point seven k's that is yes.
Speaker 3: I love that, Lucy, that's a great one. Thank you very much your story. Have a nice weekend. By Sharon.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Good morning, Christian and team.
Speaker 3: Good morning Sharon. What got loose?
Speaker 10: Well, we lived in a small country town in rural Victoria, and when the circus came to town, the lion got loose.
Speaker 3: So what happened?
Speaker 10: Well, I think he was a bit grumpy and my dad was president of the Lions Club at that time, back in the mid seventies, and he was asked to step into the lion's cage. So I don't know if he made the lion grumpy or he was just a bit off centered, but yeah, he got loose when they were taking him back to his trailers. So he was reigning the town and nobody knew where he was for a while.
Speaker 3: How do you miss a bloody great line? I mean, surely it just goes. There's areas where there is no line. Then suddenly there is a massive, grumpy looking line who's hungry.
Speaker 10: Yes, indeed, but they eventually found him. We were all asked to stay in the big.
Speaker 6: Top and not.
Speaker 3: Oh. I would have loved to have heard that great tannl announcements of our time. Everyone, please stay in the big Top. We can't find the lion.
Speaker 10: I don't know how long we were there that eventually they found the line in the ladies toilets of the chake.
Speaker 3: I love the idea of the clowns and all, like you know, trapeze artists, the ring master, all in their hiding as well with you.
Speaker 4: Guys heading out, Peanuts and.
Speaker 3: Sean. That's a great story. Thank you very much. Give us a call. Have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 11: Yeah you too, thank you.
Speaker 3: By the way, have you calling from a pond or something? What there is that ducks and geese in the background.
Speaker 10: Oh, I think they're just the birds. I'm sitting outside.
Speaker 3: Oh, lovely sounds lovely wherever you are well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show.
Speaker 3: Podcast Time for this week's and Naked Hour, where we strip away all the music from it. You pick all the songs. The show becomes one big giant jewbox.
Speaker 13: We just give you a theme, Christian, We've got no songs for the whole hour on Nick Nig nig Nick Nick nig Naked Our Naked Hour.
Speaker 4: Oh, nick nig Nigga Ni Nig Naked.
Speaker 3: Our Naked Our Last Hour. The showder and You're in control of the music on nine four one four one o four three. The theme this week is the Majesty the power of the voice. Anything you can do with the voice that's mentioned in a song title will be played this morning from a so for example, shout, whisper yo, well well yeah yeah, sing mumble talk, I am talking, Patty? What else can you do with your voice?
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, shoush? What about yodel? What about your leg?
Speaker 3: There we go, there we go, Thank God you're here all right? So well, Patsy, what song you're going for?
Speaker 2: Funny that we speak about shout because that's my song, Tears for Fears and shout good chum.
Speaker 3: At that little news case so that you a weekend.
Speaker 4: You're not quite sure you're doing something else with it?
Speaker 6: She is.
Speaker 3: Said something else, it's not how it normally is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, funny thing jack of writing news as well, like you know, maybe that's the other thing.
Speaker 3: Sure, twenty one minutes you take you to write that.
Speaker 2: Boy, I invite you to come and have a look at my work.
Speaker 3: Shots and make sure you've got that tab up that says herold sun dot com A you good song, though, good song.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know that Roland and Kurt actually like with mates since they were five, since they were little tackers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they had a terrible fallout and now they're back together, united through music and the majesty of the voice.
Speaker 4: Lovely, what have you got, son Pepper, let's talk about sex.
Speaker 3: Clever talk. We didn't mention that one in our list, didn't we Someone's a bit lively this morning. The hips were moving then when Jackie Boy heard this song.
Speaker 4: Because I'm always working, and I never even when I'm not at the radio station, I'm always thinking about this radio show.
Speaker 3: I'm always thinking about so please share those thores with us.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, even as I was running errands. I was thinking, what song can I do for my naked hour? And what songs do you use your voice? I thought talk and I was getting waiting for my side ball, and I pulled up Let's talk about sex. And then I couldn't turn down the volume on my phone because like drissing down, down down, volume, volume down.
Speaker 3: It's a creepy vibe during the day to have this playing out, it feels like a ring tone that you've assigned to somebody as well. Also, when are you going to win those? Those are side balls that you have. The nutritional value is mine? The help you're giving them energy? Who powers themselves up? I remember I did an intervention. I thought in the first couple of months here, when you were struggling, hours went these are siety balls? Are not doing anything for you?
Speaker 4: I thought it was a scientifically proven super food.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm going to go forty Feet've gotten over them, careless whisper all right, songs anything to do with the voice has to be in the song to O this morning, what have you got?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: From at some More. Then the show turns into a giant juke box you're picking all the music the theme today for the naked How then if you can do with the voice and it's in a song title, we will play it today. Songs like Sarah wants to Hear this and Spice Girls say You'll always be there some of the greatest rappers ever Ye girls, fact, that's enough. Uh Aretha Franklin, I say little prayer. It's a bit like an air pressure in a room where hold would smell just well that Spice Girls had Aretha coming? And who remembers this banger from the nineties Dr Auburn not a doctor, I believe sing Hello Lujah. All right, let's say some cools what songs they pick in this morning chat. We've got Mark Morning, Mark, Good morning, Christian Gang.
Speaker 11: You know I've got uh do Rebel yell where.
Speaker 3: Big Friday song from Billie Idol Rebel? Yeah, Mark, thank you very much, have a good weekend.
Speaker 6: Thank you you too.
Speaker 3: Paul of Coo, we rot fame.
Speaker 13: How are we gay?
Speaker 3: We are very good. If there was a mount rushmore of awesome listeners, your head is being carved first of all, Paul.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you. And of radio presenters, you guys are up there too.
Speaker 3: What a beautiful mount that is as well some twin mountains to the Easter Islands terrifying and thank you and Paul, what's the song for us?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm going to go Anna regial but still a banger. You're the Voice by John Farnham.
Speaker 3: I think we're getting rocks open the window if we don't play this, maybe we start with this. It is such a brilliant song though. Oh, thank you very much. Have a lovely weekend, mate, Always lovely to hear from you. We'll see you in half an hour in the time wast so try and have a good one today. Please, I'll do my best. Thank you, Paul. We appreciate them. Steve, good morning. What song do you think we should play? Yeah? Yeah, there go you ain't on? No hey, yes Steve, what you got for us? Buddy?
Speaker 9: The song by the hottest and of the world Shot out layup by.
Speaker 3: I love this song, Steve. We might play that till the next hour. Have a great weekend. Thank you. If you called Mikayla, good morning, what do you reckon? We should play.
Speaker 12: Morning Christian Shout by the Ley Brothers.
Speaker 3: A bit of Icy Brothers today. You know you make me roll up? Oh, Yeah, this is rock and roll. I think this is out of ator prop. This is how we start the Naked Out this week. Brilliant song, Mikayla. Thank you very much. We're going to play it aight, Okay, thanks so much, Christian. I love your show less show. I love you and joined the show and being part of it as well. Have a great weekend you, Andrew. Good morning. Hello, Hello Andrew, and what are you going for? Mate? What do we have to play this morning?
Speaker 11: I'm going to go with a song that featured on Fearst Fueler's Day Off, Twist and Share It by the Beatles.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Early on this week. You're trying to help me out with my rice situation. Very very excited to share with you. Last night cookes rice again, which method did you go? The one knuckle? I went for the one knuckle of water above the rice line. Worked a treat, best rice I've ever made. Now the teenagers have still said a little bit not quite as we it, but huge leaps, huge leaps in the kitchen. I just wanted you guys to be the first to know my very very exciting news. All right, so genius in the week. This is well on a Friday, you can just own whatever dumb stupid thing, like we do every single day of our lives being a human. What have you done this week? Share it with us, own it before the weekend, cleanse it. A's a cathartic release.
Speaker 1: Genius Smart Einstein, Genius of the Week.
Speaker 10: I couldn't find my mobile phone, So what do I do?
Speaker 7: I read it from the house phone and answer it, thinking someone was calling me.
Speaker 10: I was getting petrol in my car.
Speaker 7: I was wearing a hoodie with ties, and when I shut the petrol cap, the ties got.
Speaker 10: Stuck and I was stuck to the car and Sudy to see me.
Speaker 6: I drove to the shop and walked home.
Speaker 9: Beginning I had a car.
Speaker 3: Nine four one four one o four three. What have you done this week? For Genius of the Week, MICHAELA.
Speaker 11: Coome morning, Good morning, I'm your genius of the week.
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 11: I got into somebody else's car.
Speaker 6: The picture station.
Speaker 3: Now understandable if it's exactly the same color maker model of yours.
Speaker 11: No, but not make a model I got in. I even had a friend in my car. Didn't realize that my friend wasn't sitting in the sea. I went to start the ignition mind buttoning the other guys was a key ignition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was, Yeah, you really won't for it as I tried to drive away. And that's incredible, Mikayla.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And I looked up and was like, where's my button? And then I looked I looked to my to my right, and I thought I saw my friend in.
Speaker 4: My car, going where where's my friend in somebody else's car?
Speaker 3: That's strange city. Then, Mikayla, you really are a genius of the week. Thank you very much for sharing that with Usmoke.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Looking for your nominations. Why are you a Genius of the week, Christian? This is from Nicola lang Warren. I was making some donations to Viny's on Tuesday and the kind young man thank me for my donations, gave me a twenty percent off voucher for purchases in the store. Trying to say oh thank you, but I actually said I love you. The polka just stared at me. I hung my head in shame, just walked out there without even trying to spend that voucher. That's the best in doing Nicola just take off when we have a moment, not that I've done that before. And I went to try and say cheers and thanks to somebody, and I just went chanks. And the guy went to government, sorry what and I went, yeah, bye, I can never come here again. Never been to that so again, They'll never see me there again because oh chanks. Pauline, good morning, Hi Christian, I am your genius of the week. What did you do so at WORF?
Speaker 14: I were a lanyard with my keys on, and I raced to the bathroom and you know, not to be geographic, but as you finished, you kind of have to bend over the tidy yourself up. And there was a loop on my key ring which attached to this little bow at the top of my undies. And as I went to stand up, I couldn't move. I was I was attached to my underwear, by my.
Speaker 3: Keys, by your own petard literally traps and yourself human fishing.
Speaker 14: Yeah, basically basically. And I had to just end up ripping the bow off because I could not release it.
Speaker 3: Lanyard is one of the top five work words, isn't it a lanyard? Absolutely yes, Pauline, Well, done. Thank you very much for story mate. Thanks for sharing. That's a great one. I have a nice week ot, Chris. Good morning, Chris, morning morning, Chris. What have you done this week? Then? For Genius of the.
Speaker 6: Week, drove all the way to the airport from Ringwood from the Easter suburbs.
Speaker 12: To wait two hours for a plane that never showed up.
Speaker 3: I got the day wrong. Oh no, that's a nightma. It's not the easiest place to get to part No. Oh no, that's horrendous.
Speaker 8: So my prize was the next day.
Speaker 11: I had to go and do it all.
Speaker 3: This She had that dry run, you know, good idea, scout it all out, Chris, bit of it felt like a bit of a genius. Yes, one hundred percent genius behavior. Thank you very much, Chris. Have a nice weekend. Okay, good morning. What have you been up to?
Speaker 9: K Hey, Christian, I am your Genius of the week. I moved into a new house on the weekend and I had my son and my daughter in law in the car behind me. And when I drove into my new property, I couldn't figure out why the remote control the roller door wasn't working and going up and I was swearing and cursing, and I couldn't figure out why they were laughing because I was in the wrong property.
Speaker 3: This is great, Servilus. My wrong house, wrong day at the airport, wrong property? Can we can? We can get wrong boat? What else is there?
Speaker 1: Wrong?
Speaker 6: Jet?
Speaker 3: Skis? How can we keep this going wrong? Skis? Amazing behavior? K Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Have a lovely weekends well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, last few Genius of the Week nominations. What have you done this week? Tanya?
Speaker 9: I locked?
Speaker 12: Well, first of all, Christian, I have to be the caller of the week because seriously, I locked a customer in the sitting rooms at a large rootail stop or and she had to call the store to get out.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what a scene. So where do you work?
Speaker 12: Well, it's a very large retail store. I poblicly should not name it because I've been waiting for the complaint to come in.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you could lock them from the outside. What's the point of this?
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're running a little prison there at kmart. Wherever you work?
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, so we had to lock the door and there's no customers. So when the customers come, we have to unlock it and let them in. But I let like three in and then I forgot about the last one and locked it and went off because on lot of the moneyers. God, and she was banging and screaming like are.
Speaker 3: You what were you doing that you did?
Speaker 12: The commotion was early in the morning, and so she had to call the store and say I'm locked in your fitting room because somebody let me out.
Speaker 3: And to call any store now there's about an hour long message where they go, just buger off and go to a website and stop bothering.
Speaker 4: If you're locked in one of our stores, press for.
Speaker 3: All the options.
Speaker 12: Again, we don't enter our phones.
Speaker 3: Now tell me this that Why though, do you need to lock the changing rooms when they're not being used because.
Speaker 12: People take stuff in there and steal it. You can seal it, so we have to keep them locked all the time. Otherwise, only the only unlocking when people go in.
Speaker 8: Gotcha, I forgot about her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, genius in a week time. You thank you very much, you call. I have a nice weekend.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Raisann rasann yeh.
Speaker 7: Been racing around running away from a from a vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 3: Okay, everything right, everything right there?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes.
Speaker 7: Now, I'm down in the corner, hiding somewhere away from the vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 3: Why is the vacuum cleaner chasing you?
Speaker 7: I mean, I mean I'm in an age KM and the guy, the cleaner, he's been chasing. He's been using a vacuum clean I've been running away. He kept coming in my in my direction. So this is funnier than my story.
Speaker 3: Actually, I would saying.
Speaker 4: Goodbye now, then it's not as scary horror film.
Speaker 3: I'll keep it short, Okay, I think Rose.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have a small flat. I'm very tidy. Everything is place place for everything. And I thought one morning, I get dressed, looking to my tracky GK everywhere, couldn't find them for about fifteen minutes, looking everywhere, where are they? I looked down as I was thinking, and I was wearing them.
Speaker 3: Genius of the weeks, Roseanne, thank you very much? She cool, have a nice weekend.
Speaker 7: True, thank you? Bye bye?
Speaker 3: Was she was right? She knew it. She called it Catherine, good morning, Hey Christian.
Speaker 7: I think I'm your genius of the week. I threw out my colleague lunch yesterday.
Speaker 3: Had there been annoying you during the week and you just thought you're not have an a lunch?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well I thought it was mine and then been there for quite a few weeks.
Speaker 9: It was really heavy, so I just tossed it.
Speaker 7: And then she came in and said, where's my rats that I made fresh chicken?
Speaker 3: It takes time to make a rat.
Speaker 7: And I tossed, so I had to share their lunch.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, well that's a very kind thing to do, Chatherine. Thank you very much your story. Maut have a nice week.
Speaker 1: Can the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: You can go and see the brilliant king of comedy Standard comedy. Jerry Seinfeld is back in Australia next Year's coming to Melbourne in June Saturday during the twenty second and he's doing the Sunday as well. Tickets go on sale today at Tickeer Tech. If you love standup comedy, go and see one of the very best to ever do it, Jerry Seinfelder. You won't be disappointing. He's amazing live and still want the pre prime of his powers as well. Someone about eight or nine years ago. It was just a masterclass in observational comedy. Doesn't get any better. You can win a pair of tickets today. Then on the time waste stuff. How are your material I'm very happy with one. Mine are so material based.
Speaker 4: I've been to every corner of the textile shop.
Speaker 3: Wow, we habit ashery post. All right, so we're looking for on World Fabric Day, we're looking for your material movies. What do the habit asheries love to watch? Jack Tango and cashmere silver dancers with wool? Gold? He's jute? Not that into you?
Speaker 4: You know, I loved you.
Speaker 3: He found out yesterday what jute was. By the way out to ask the team what is jute? Now?
Speaker 9: I know?
Speaker 3: Silver plus and black hawk down jacket. Yeah, yeah, rightly, so I knew it. Jackie boy, What have you got?
Speaker 4: Sergeant Silko?
Speaker 3: Oh, very good, Sergeant Silko, Silver plus, raging wool, raging war was very very good.
Speaker 4: Gold Edward good scissorhands.
Speaker 3: The good scissors, Gold and duty and the Beast. There you go. We've got a duke one in gold.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, there's a lot coming through. Who knew so much comedy? Or is there immaterial movies cheaper by the Hessian Silver plus?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Nick? How did lose a guy in ten phrase gold, Lauren, that is very good. A crilic elliot, so the Billy edit a critic elliot slow, hot tub, sewing machine, Silver, dirty cotton, scoundrels Oh gold, Yeah, along came Polyester Gold Sonia, Donnie Denham Gold, different movie, just that one word, Donny Dennim, World Aunt, Sharpie Gingham in the midst Silver. He's just not taffeta into you, not quite. The Shawls Shank redemption Shawl Yeah, Gold, Yeah, very good, Stephen, I know what you are. Last summer Bronze Cottenheimer Gold was great to watch, a big Christopher non movie, but the guy ended no spandex or old men Bronze, Willie Wonka in the sheet set Factory Bronze, Chiffon in sixty seconds Gold, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Loom Gold. The hipster word to me, isn't it? But there's hips and Brunswick. I've got a loom, a working loom, tartan legend of the Apes, Gold, Honey, I strike the kilt Silver when Harry needled Sanny Bronze, the hyper color of money. Silver, Dude, where's my call? Droy Silver jute mange that one yeah, Flannel Gump Gold, the Polar Fleece Express Gold. These are very good.
Speaker 4: Arm A Denham, Oh that's very good gold.
Speaker 3: All right, that's the last one from Sam. Tough to pick one just to be best in show. Some crackers there, but who's off to see Jerry Seinfeld.
Speaker 4: Let's give it to Nan.
Speaker 3: Well done.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christiano Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So since saying yesterday more and then, so many of you been pledging whatever you can today and whatever you can for every twenty thirty dollars. It is all added up. Literally thousands of you have responded when I told you the alarmingly high numbers yesterday how many kids are going to be placed into care over the next couple of days. I don't think any of us really know just how high the numbers are. I got a phone call from Sally, who's run the amazing team. But she runs an amazing team of amazing volunteers that do a lot of incredible work that none of us even really know about. And I appreciate that lots of other small little charities like hers, who live at hand to mouth existence to align on donations and this year, because of just everyone's feeling it you know, it's the high cost of lipping higher interest rates, and the city that got really smashed with all the lockdowns, and many many families haven't fully recovered, just aren't able to through no fort their owns. So it means that basically charities like Backpacks of It kids are struggling to get donations. And Wednesday night Sally called me and she was awkward, she was embarrassed, she did not be asking about but she didn't have anywhere else to go. They need money, they'd run out of money. So since a situation they were in, they want to get each child that's going to be in care and is between sadly five to six thousand, they wanted to give each one of them what they call a Canta pack. It cost just thirty five dollars and it's got gift in there for these kids. If they don't raise the money, those kids are going to be in the situation. It's barely believable to say that in a city like this are not going to get a simple gift this Christmas. It's heartbreaking. So yesterday we asked could you give anything? And I was hoping that we might with your generosity raise a thirty five thousand, which means that a thousand children will get a present Jack. What is the target right now?
Speaker 4: Current total in twenty four hours is one hundred and eight eight hundred and ninety five dollars, which equals out to three thy one hundred and four of the center packs.
Speaker 3: This is unbelievable, honest See yesterday I didn't know what we'd get because I know a lot of you are those people that are talking about are having a tough time at the moment. So every single ten to twenty thirty dollars is unbelievable. I can't believe you've raised that much. Before we get Sally on from the charity. I just want to say huge thank you. Sometimes thank you as an overused word, but it's actually humbling for us on the show. I was so worried yesterday morning before I even said anything. I didn't want to be asking you for money before Christmas. We tried to raise them some money two months ago. It's while we did the live show. Was try and raise money so that we gave you something. But it's unbelievable. The generosity that you've given to the children of Melbourne is a real gift and we're getting these lovely messages. I hope over the weekend we can continue to raise money for these kids. Cameron Johnson, our twelve year old son has adopted. We couldn't love him anymore. We helpe one day understands how lucky he's actually been, as he potentially could have been one of those numbers, Christian. The numbers under care and or department orders an intervention are nothing but horrifying. The smile this pat could bring his prices, Cameron, and so many of your messages, thank you very very much, and let's get Sally on here. Sally, Hey, Sally morning, Christian, Hey Sonny, you must be just you and your team must be just in awe of how much money people have given.
Speaker 8: Absolutely on Wednesday afternoon, our team, we're all into is thinking there's just no way we're going to be able to respond to the orders that we had that day, and we're trying to work out, well, who's going to get gifts and who isn't because we simply can't.
Speaker 3: And now.
Speaker 8: Now we can, we can meet all of the requests that we receive, and it's just absolutely amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, I've got some extra good news, so Jackie boy, what did you say the money was at the moment? What's the grand total? And fifty's gone up to one hundred and nine just now, just while we're talking now, well, someone has actually just messaged me Adrian Rocky's won the directors at a Chemist's warehouse and he's going to donate personally. This is from him, not Chemis's warehouse. He wants to donate fifty two and a half thousand. He wants to personally pay for him and his family for fifteen hundred children to have a present, which is Agent Rocki at Chemists Warehouse. Thank you very much. That's a personal donation from Adrian, he messaged me ten minutes ago. What does that take us up to job?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Goosebumps?
Speaker 4: So that takes us to a total of one hundred and sixty one, eight hundred and eighty five thousand dollars, over four thousand and six hundred of the Santa Pax four six hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 8: Just to go from nothing to that in two days is absolutely incredible. One just so very grateful to all the listeners as one or four point three who have literally saved Christmas for thousands of local kids. I can't speak. I just want to share. We've just had a grandma who is kinship care of four to grandchildren. There are one from one family and three from another family, so they'se four cousins who live with her and she had to quit work to look after them and provide a safe, caring home. And she came to pick up the gifts and I said, what does this actually mean to you? It just you know, it's just a few small gifts of looking a soft toy. And she said, well, this means this is I don't have to worry about Christmas. Now, I can go ahead and organize an activity that we can do together, and I can be with the kids. To be able to reach now and give to so many children who literally would not be receiving anything at all is amazing.
Speaker 3: I tell her, it's amazing, right. The reason why there's been so much money raised is because of you, Sally and this charity. Because actually, if we don't know about what you do, and you don't actually tell us about it, because a lot of the work you do, none of us know anything about it. It's amazing. People just carry on that it's not about them, but they don't shout about it. We don't know and about it. I could tell when he calls called me Wednesday night. You were reluctant, you were you were embarrassed, but you didn't have anything. You were trying probably everything anybody who could try and help. And the only reason all these people have donated is because of the work you do telling people like us about it that there's so many kids who are going to be taken into care that actually won't just get a Christmas present this year, and all the work you've been doing over the last couple of years. People want to help you, to help these children.
Speaker 8: It's really overwhelming for me. I never never planned to build a charity this big. I never I never thought that there would be so much need and so many requests, And in our crisis packs, we've got over seven hundred of those on order. At the moment, we're just trying to keep doing, just trying to keep doing and doing and doing that shout out and finding people to come on board and help us is actually really really hard. It's the hardest part of it all. Actually, for you to provide this help and support is really incredible.
Speaker 3: Oh well, everyone, I'm speaking about everyone who's donated money. Everyone is in awe of you and your team, and I really really hope that the next couple of months that actually you get in a position where but someone finds out about you guys who's got a lot of money and wants to invest it to set you guys up properly so you're not in this situation every couple of months where you can really build something of lasting value to the children that you're trying to help. The children in need of Melbourne.
Speaker 8: Oh, that would be incredible, because I'm not stopping this and we'll keep going for as long as I possible.
Speaker 3: Weekend, Well, thank you, honestly, by half, all those poor kids. We've got no idea how scary it must have been in that situation where you need to actually be rescued from an environment, your home, which is supposed to be safely in a loving environment, and how scared they must be, and then just getting some small gift let them know that some people somewhere actually care about them and they do matter. That is It's an amazingly beautiful, simple thing that you guys do.
Speaker 8: So thank you, thank you, thank you to everybody, thanks for your support for feeling in love thank you.
Speaker 3: I hope you are. Yeah, we all are in awe of the work you do for those poor kids. So Sally, I wish you all the best. We catch up again Monday. I like you probably be hitting refresh every single out like I was yesterday, looking at probably been reading all the messages like we how from people as far away as Germany all over the world who are supporting this and are being moved by these children, are trying to get them a Christmas present this year. It's an amazing thing to be part of. But it's all been generated by you and your team, So all of you volunteers, thank you very much for this vital work that you do. I wish it wasn't so needed, but it is, and thank you.
Speaker 8: Thank you Christian, thanks so very buddy.
Speaker 3: All Right, Sally, thank you very much for what you do. Everybody who's donating, thank you very very very much. We'll be back Monday, and I'd love to really get Sally back on Monday. Just say it's one hundred and seventy five thousand. What that means that target, It means five thousand children will get a Christmas present. If we can be part of that, then I think We've done something pretty special with Sally this year. If you can help, thank you very much, head to the Christian o'connells Show dot com dot au. We'll be back Monday.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast