Speaker 1: Plead, Flex and Frooms, Flex and Fromes. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: There's been a meme, or what I would like to call an original moral dilemma floating around the internet since at least I don't know, Freeman is better with dates than I am, but I tiny twelve. I want to say twenty twelve, if not longer. And I don't think it was intended to be a joke, but I think that's what happens a lot of memes. Someone's being earnest and then they're taken out of context and then we make fun of them. Would you rather five hundred thousand dollars cash in your hands right now or dinner with jay Z?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: For most people, the answer is obvious, or is it not? It has been alongside is the dress blue or yellow or orange and silver?
Speaker 3: Whatever the thing is.
Speaker 2: It has been one of the most contentiously debated pop culture topics ever because it kind of unearths all of these undercover boy bosses who really believe that if they could get in the room with jay Z, they would be able to extract so much value you that what they would do with that value would supersede the five hundred thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 4: I would love to know what they think about jay Z's gonna tell them.
Speaker 2: Maybe, what do you think jay Z's going to tell you over dinner as well? Like, let's say it's a long dinner, it's a nice three and a half four hour session.
Speaker 3: What do you really think he's going to share with you?
Speaker 2: In particular that you now have the access and the resources and the time and the energy and the support to do anything with that information. Regardless, Let's take the question seriously, what would you pick for me?
Speaker 4: Do you want to guess on my behalf? Do you wanna make do you wanna make I guess?
Speaker 1: Set me up?
Speaker 2: Just imagine like, of course it's like okay for me's gonna take the cash. But I don't know Formy's commitment to a bit. I think she would take it further than the average person. And I can just imagine on a random, you know, weekday afternoon, early evening, popping up on Instagram and seeing from doing a zero point five.
Speaker 3: Walking him down the street to Sydney in.
Speaker 1: To Cafe Freedoms. Honestly, that would kind of be priceless.
Speaker 4: Not gonna lie what I've discovered in my years across the time is that when you have a dinner with anybody, what you're going.
Speaker 1: To soon realize, especially when you respect.
Speaker 4: Someone quite a lot, is that you're just gonna be wanting to come across as good to them. I'm listening with one ear, but the other year is thinking is my facial expression correct? Am I giving them enough? How do I say of a glow? Or am I trying to impress them? They're not going to be impressed with me. I'm just another I'm just another girl. Yeah, so I think my own desire to be quote unquote chosen would supersede any kind of benefit that.
Speaker 1: I would get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like real value add And I'm not gonna lie Like my favorite Beyonce moment occurred twenty one years ago when she was in Austin Powers and I don't think I can really speak to that time if I've been completely honest.
Speaker 2: Stacey's like, I've done a lot generally, and all you want to talk about is Beyonce twenty one years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh, not the Lift episode. I'll leave it.
Speaker 4: I want it to be a beautiful dinner. I don't want to have to get into the nitty gritty. I don't care for the tea FLEXI what would you do?
Speaker 3: I'm taking the cash.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: I just honestly, I was thinking about what kind of person you would have to be to take the dinner with jay Z and you take, Hey, you need to be a super fan number one, or somebody who has aspirations to be where jay Z is potentially, or somebody who really understands the value of networking. But with all of those things, it requires you to be perceived as someone worth sharing information too. And I can imagine for a lot of people information sharing is really transactional. I will share the nitty gritty with you, so I get the nitty gritty back. And I don't know if jay Z wants anything from me, let alone you. You know, like if for some reason I was in a room with jay Z, he'd be under duress. He doesn't want to be there for Now that he's there, imagine I start asking him questions. So I just want to understand, like, you know, when you did that contract with Sony, Like what did that look ridiculous?
Speaker 1: Sick?
Speaker 2: And I'm always very surprised of the value people think they can extract from other people without offering anything, because in this moral dilemma, You're like, oh my god, a dinner with jay Z incredible, Like I could get so much from that, But like, what would he get from that?
Speaker 3: Why would he do that?
Speaker 2: And even if he if he got to the point of actually going to a dinner with you, like you think it's gonna be like an open book.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's gotta be some level of he agreed to dinner and he's he he's.
Speaker 1: Getting the five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: So like this is simply an appearance to me moment. I really want to know, if you ask someone who's listening and you would like to have the dinner with jay Z, you please tell us in Instagram, DM flex and frooms because I'm very surprised if there's one person that would pick jay Z over five hundred thousand dollars today.
Speaker 3: There are plenty. Maybe if we changed the celebrity in question.
Speaker 1: Brittany Fears, now we're talking now, I'm considering, really considering.
Speaker 3: What are you considering.
Speaker 1: Hanging out with Britty Suit for five hundred thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: Like you're forgetting what the knives?
Speaker 1: Not the knives?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would maybe consider that for a MILLI second, and.
Speaker 3: You would still take the five hundred.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not sure I need to sit on it. I need a whole nother brain. Just think I could get stuff out of brittany.
Speaker 4: 'd be like a wall.
Speaker 3: There'd be nothing but pretty happy like he okay, babe.
Speaker 1: And she likes its hard.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: See, I would just love to thank her for her up.
Speaker 3: Talk about the robopants.
Speaker 2: Wait, are you going to position yourself like a longtime fan or more like a peer like for respected person.
Speaker 1: Both definitely have been none rs in certain times.
Speaker 4: No, I would just be a fan, okay, but try and keep it on the down like, not overwhelm a woman, but rather try and meet her halfway, of course, respecting that I'm not an equal, I'm simply a fan. I'm gonna try chum chum with Brittany Bloody Spears. Brittany Lynn Spears.
Speaker 3: You're gonn ask for a photo at the start of the end of the dinner.
Speaker 4: Definitely the end, Yes, and it'll be respectful. I've had such a beautifime with you. You can totally say no, but I would love.
Speaker 3: Not that you can say no.
Speaker 1: Biked up. I just want one angel.
Speaker 2: You're taking her glass for fingerprints, selling her napkins on.
Speaker 1: You've gotta get the money back somehow. You're sick.
Speaker 2: Thank you for sharing, though You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 4: For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.