Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more gold podcast playlists and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 2: That ain'ything good.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. It's a chemist warehouse and.
Speaker 1: Save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day. Hey, pod squad, My new book Unscript, The Radical Actor Being Yourself is now actually out, which actually means you can buy online or in your good independent bookshops, and also the audiobook which is voiced by me, and also you can get the kindle as well. So please as you're reading it in the book you'll realize I've got my personal email in there. Please let me know how you get on with it as well. I hope you really enjoy it. Please check it out Unscript The Radical Act of Being Yourself and now today's show.
Speaker 3: Enjoy a Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Come on in, Patsy, good morning, Rio morning and is he in? Is he out? Pete? Are you with us today? In turn? Pete?
Speaker 4: Hello, good morning everyone?
Speaker 1: How are you Yeah? Good? How are you feeling?
Speaker 4: Look, I'm much better today, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Actuate me know I left three messages for Pete yesterday didn't send me a text or didn't let me know how he was.
Speaker 5: I've got a new Bona phone, to be honest, I was going to address this at some stage, and I'm getting WhatsApps on What'sapp messages on some phone and some on the other.
Speaker 4: If that makes sense, because I've got a.
Speaker 1: Whole No makes literally no sense. What have you got going on? Where you need the Bona phones? Only pimps do? No, You're right, turn Pete.
Speaker 5: Well, look you know we filmed things. We've got that now connected both Apple accounts to.
Speaker 1: Filming nothing for the show this week it said more yet more lies and mystery from a mystery man on the show.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, but I'm here. I'm feeling much better. I'm a little bit gutted. I don't know whether I'm going to run.
Speaker 6: The City to Surf in Sydney this week.
Speaker 1: You've been doing this the last couple of years. It's such a big iconic thing, this.
Speaker 4: We gues this was going to be my fifteenth City of Serf.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah.
Speaker 5: I walked it one year with my mother. We had a beer on the way and she doesn't alcohol. That was a fun way to do it, and I've run it every year once even with a broken back. I even did as well. So this was going to be a bit of a moment for me this weekend. But I'm just not sure if I can do it or not.
Speaker 1: So oh no, you must be gutted, Yes, absolutely so.
Speaker 6: But there's still a chance. There's still a chance you might do it.
Speaker 4: I will walk it either way. I will do some version anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, Nowison, I've got a challenge for you, and you have to turn on that old phone of yours. Obviously, Pete, you are incredibly I would say you're more well connected than anyone else in radio. You know all those years with the kJ Show getting all the big guests. I need you to use that skill. The Pope has coming to Australia in two years time. I really would love to interview Ike Dike. I don't know if you've got the direct line to his EA or his PA at the Vatican, but you've got two years to make this happen.
Speaker 5: Okay, October five, he's here. That's the NRL Grand Final day.
Speaker 1: And another way that the only way Australia could actually convey the news that the Pope has coming to Australia is that someone works out clashes with the NRL.
Speaker 6: Final put it in terms of NRL for us to understand.
Speaker 1: The only way we can understand the context of him coming to Australia. So Pete two years time, I really want to be interviewing the Pope.
Speaker 4: Okay, couple top one thoughts. The Vatican would be my starting point.
Speaker 1: Oh well, how you do this? Thank you? Oh my word? No, no, I think I just said call the Vatican.
Speaker 4: No, I might call them.
Speaker 1: I don't know if to have Yes, this is why we hired you, this is why you were the hot property. Well you came on a free transfer.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: I mean, if we could isolate this audio at six nine am on the sixth of the eighth through twenty twenty six, I will get the Pope on the Christian o'coll show.
Speaker 1: Wow on that on that date, my friend. Here's what I want to do is be starting the show. You're in that beautiful powder blue your mum's old card, the Commodore. You're outside the hotel where every staying, okay, and you're getting ready to pick him up to bring him to the show.
Speaker 4: I can do this.
Speaker 5: I'm starting to manifest it now. Perhaps you I can see your face now going, oh, I don't think this is going to happen.
Speaker 7: I actually think women with a good chance if anyone can get it.
Speaker 1: Two reasons why I'm I'm the person that could probably land this as well. One, I am a Roman Catholic, admittedly at a very very lapsed one. But I've got two years to brush up, you know, go back and look at the Bible and go and do go back, have a couple of confessions and stuff like this. Let him know. My confirmation name is Mike, and after Saint Michael as well, and in the name Christian true Suddenly someone gets a bit confused and thinks it's an actual Christian or But I really would love to get him on the show when he's here.
Speaker 4: Just amazing to talk to you. The stories he could.
Speaker 1: Tell, well you'll laugh about this, right so you kind of think, my god, he's a very progressive pope as well. You know, he's really saying what needs to be said right now. Normally they don't get involved in politics and warloight. Over the last couple of months he's really called out Putin and Trumpet's actually quite rare for him. To know. He's a brilliant speaker as well. Yesterday, Pete arthurshell, we're talking about this, we're getting about the Pope coming up. Be great to see if we could get any time with him or something. But you said Kate last she says, you actually threw a pad dash right, you wanted to be the Pope Ben When she first started on the show, she was really trying to push the honey Badger on me and I I'm not remotely interested in chapter honey Badger. The posters she actually backed me up. She actually said, what are you going to chat to the Pope about?
Speaker 6: You talk about?
Speaker 1: Well, the NRL ground final, Who are you blessing? Who are you cursing?
Speaker 6: That's the famous person in the world.
Speaker 1: He is a What are you going to chat to the Pope about?
Speaker 6: I guess maybe put him in at six oh five again?
Speaker 1: Can I can I just recommend the honey Badger?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I know you turned.
Speaker 1: Him down four years ago, but what's the temperature right now? Anyway, two years time, the Pope will be live on The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 3: Take for Diary The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Yesterday's show something amazing happened. We were doing our normal what are the Odds? And during the next forty minutes we start to hear from a lot of people called Alison Clair. I still can't work out what happened yesterday. It was a bizarre turn of events. It's like a full moon or something. Yep. So it all came from last Wednesday, when we were also doing what are the else would you do? Every Wednesday we have this call my.
Speaker 8: Mother in law I only had boys, but always wanted a girl, and if she had a girl, she was going to call her Alison Claire. My husband and I got married and I am Alison Claire.
Speaker 1: And then a week later we get this call yesterday what are the Odds?
Speaker 9: So I got into the car this morning your show came on, there was an Alison Claire talking about her mother in law who wanted to name a daughter Alison Clair and gets what my name is?
Speaker 1: And then a couple monutes later, who.
Speaker 10: Are you Alison Claire. I only turned it on and heard the last caller. I didn't hear the original one. So when you kept repeating the name Alison Claire, I was like, what's going on?
Speaker 11: This is so bizarre, but there was one more and Alison Claire as well. Actually I was actually listening to the other to Allison Claire's, but I heard it a couple of days ago on the radio as well, and now listened to you all the time, and I thought, oh, what's the coincidence with that?
Speaker 1: Now I don't meet you guys. My fingers are crossed that we just get even just one more. We're at four Alison Clair's at the moment. Can we get to five? By nine? We've made this remix for this?
Speaker 10: What are the odds?
Speaker 9: So I got into the car this morning and gets on my naming.
Speaker 10: I only turned it on and heard the last caller. What's going on? This is soaperfar?
Speaker 8: My mother in law I only had boys, always wanted a girl and if she had a girl, she.
Speaker 10: Was going to call her on.
Speaker 11: I listen to you all the time.
Speaker 10: What's so coincidence with that?
Speaker 8: Gets on my name is Alison Claire?
Speaker 1: Wow torus of Allison Clair's. I love it? Can four become five? This morning? Are you called? Alison Clair?
Speaker 3: Christian no Connor Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Seven o'clot tonight doing something never done before from my home to your I said to everyone who's going to be pre ordering my book as a thank you for pre ordering it. It's out now. By the way, my book unscript that I would do a thing where if you send me the receipt, we do a special thing online, part book club, part whatever. Is going to happen tonight after seven o'clock. So everything sets up my end, and it's it's going to be on zoom and running it. And this is why I'm a little bit tense when I work up someone like bloody Eyep's off six stool. And then I heard his back in turn, Pete, Yes, yes, yes, what do you like on zoom?
Speaker 4: Zoom? Not my strong point, however, I have been doing it suddenly.
Speaker 1: At home with It's going to be very tense.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Eric, the CEO of Zoom, who I have emailed yesterday asking for a little.
Speaker 1: Bit of email, like you know, oh, Tim Cook, going, there's a problem my notes isn't firing up on my iPhone.
Speaker 5: Well, there's a couple of major chases on at the moment. One is to get the Pope in twenty twelve years and then hopefully Pete say this way, you've got some big place in right.
Speaker 4: Now I've got a lot of balls in the court.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's what you did with your day off, I guess, to.
Speaker 4: Be truly honest, a little bit anxiety for me.
Speaker 5: We've got about twelve or so hours, I think, right until we do the big event tonight live. So if there is a zoom expert out there that could give me some tips.
Speaker 1: Wait, you really don't know how to use it because you're going to be the guy at the back end sort of. You know when people are going to zoom, they're in that waiting room and the host knows you're there, and then you're gonna have to, like one by one, let them in to go.
Speaker 5: Behind the curtain a little bit. I did do a dress rehearsal with a few friends yesterday. When I say friends, Abby from our online department, and also Caitlyn, the executive producer of the show.
Speaker 4: Caitlyn didn't know how to use it.
Speaker 5: Abby's done a great job sort of researching some bits of things, but they've.
Speaker 1: Left me in the first five minutes I think about home with Christian are going to be yelling at Pete. There's going to be no one. They're all just going to be in the waiting room. You're gonna have to put me in the waiting room to do it home with Christian.
Speaker 5: Now, because you're the star of the program, I've written out a rough age.
Speaker 1: Can you be a star of something? On Zoom? He was a very big star on Zoom. Once you get in that waiting room, you just he just works his magic. You think it's acount the radio. You wait, you see him after a couple of wines on Zoom.
Speaker 5: Astray as number one Zoom broadcasts where your old mate Carles.
Speaker 1: Doesn't he start next Monday? You're right?
Speaker 5: So I've got so this is my rough agenda six thirty. All a r N staff to join them when I say our and stuff. That's the internal team. So Patsy, get ready for six thirty.
Speaker 1: Didn't come to the book launch last week on your phone, but the team have told me you've stolen three books here I have. Yeah, absolutely, you were seen.
Speaker 6: You were seen straight on eBay. You didn't sign.
Speaker 1: Them though, can we get more money that way?
Speaker 5: So we've got the guests arriving at six forty five so they can come in.
Speaker 4: So if anyone has any.
Speaker 1: Ticket, they're fifteen minutes before and we'll be coming home for work. They might be getting the dinner ready or whatever. What are you going to get there fifteen minutes perform?
Speaker 5: Okay, So there's some really nice people who have also not us zoom.
Speaker 4: So we've got them coming into the room.
Speaker 6: I actually imagine some of them.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there is a lovely lady by the name of Helen who's joining. She's seventy four years old and she's never us zoom. So her daughter's coming over to her house. Love that as well, So we're we're very much.
Speaker 1: She's now the VIP. Okay, we've got to take good care of her.
Speaker 4: And then I've got you arriving.
Speaker 1: I actually think the seventy four year old she might be better running the back end of the cit.
Speaker 4: Now I've got to read my own handwriting here.
Speaker 5: But I've got you arriving at a special time of seven five.
Speaker 1: Or why am I going? It's I'll be there at seven. I'm always early for stuff. I'll be there before. But i've got five got to be long enough. And where is he?
Speaker 5: Well that was a bit of a buffer room or above got in brackets or when I text you when we're already, which means everyone settled. Everyone's so one question for the room right now. I can control to mute and unmute people, right so when they have questions or whatever it is, or do we just trust everyone?
Speaker 1: I did someone like this before with three hundred. Yeah, and I've still got a photo of me. It's a man literally not you don't you don't need to know the story. You know that someone struggling right now. Okay, So my family just started to leave me in the house. They were like, this is actually uncomfortable to hear you, Sharon. Can you you can have to meet your microphone because you know something, We've got stuff going on the background. They're like, can you give us another wine? And we could all hear it? So, you know what.
Speaker 5: There's a couple of spaces left right, So this is for people who have pre ordered books there. But I guess if you've booked the brought the book already, maybe emails us one.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of little spots there if you want to allow anyone else.
Speaker 1: To laugh, ideally, especially if anyone doesn't know, how do you do? So?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm looking for someone specifically, people that run the hundred.
Speaker 6: Isn't this exactly?
Speaker 1: Texan who is it? Who does this?
Speaker 3: Is it you?
Speaker 5: And call any maybe it can help us for sure, that's where we land. So if someone can sorry was bringing Indie Lee by mistake?
Speaker 1: If we can, I've now got tell you what. Like I said, anything can happen. This night's hi, the time is it? Mate? It starts at seven and I'm leaving at seven seven.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast Christian.
Speaker 1: The waiting romanzoom can be set up in the settings of a meeting. You can also do it as a webiner. Hey listen, Irene, this is all great, but unfortunately this is going to go in one ear out the other zoom of intern Pete. Hey Pete, yeah, I've just had a look at the image that you've just posted on our producers group chat.
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So for the last five weeks we we we've been calling this, you know, at home with with Christian. Pete's renamed it a night with Christian. Sorry, which is a very different, very indecent proposal. I have been saying, part book club, part anything goes Now it's so just re bind his book. Notice that I know when you start on the show you got my name wrong. And now I've never seen it spelled like this, basically christ Stain A night with christ Stain. I didn't have any And also, do you need to write down here on this list six thirty to turn on if he didn't have written down, I'm just talking to myself for tonight.
Speaker 5: I guess in the media landscape we always have like run sheets and stuff like.
Speaker 6: This is not a.
Speaker 1: It's like what's his name did in the movie Memento.
Speaker 5: I'm really now I'm super anxious about tonight because I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to know. Okay, guys running it doesn't have the name of it and doesn't have to spell my name, christ Stain.
Speaker 4: We do. We need a zoom There has to be a zoom expert.
Speaker 1: You got that seventy four year old deer coverage. You can help. So it's not a job to be a super spots. Let you go on air tasker. All right, there's no way this runs smoothly tonight, Absolutely not. I'm know. I'm sure it runs tonight anyway. Look, I'll be there. Hopefully at some point people will work it out and let you in. Okay, extra time, the time waste. We're looking for your toaster movies up for grabs is a toaster? What are the ants? A Brevel Smart toaster? Thanks to Harvey Norman shot the Brevel Smart toaster perfectly Toaster results every time in stain online at Harvey Norman. Now go girls from yesterday, Ash had the Brevel Toaster's Smarter instead of Dever wears Prada.
Speaker 6: That's a right.
Speaker 1: I was confused. I read that out and how do you get gold? I'm thinking Jennifer Han Bruce Vegamighty, the Crumpit of Notre Dame from Sarah, meet the Ficutsias from Darren, Beauty in the Yeast from Christy and look who's forking again? Hit that w speed you can't slow down, no hesitation. Now someone isn't happy with the mark you gave them yesterday.
Speaker 6: Okay, happy to revisit.
Speaker 1: And they've actually texted this morning at half six walking a full day later. Sure from Jess, because I'd like my answer of no crunchy for cold bread to be reassessed as I don't think either you were reappreciated how clever it was, and I believe it is more than the silver than Rio gave it. I'm happily accept a double pass to Red Hot summer as a form of apology. Now, no crunchy for cold bread is like no country for old men?
Speaker 6: Get nor what does it mean by no crunchy exactly?
Speaker 1: I actually I couldn't believe you gave it a silver, so I think you should reassess it. I think it's more bronze.
Speaker 7: Cold bread is crunchy, Yes, crunchy for cold bread.
Speaker 1: So yes, you're right, it's not a silver. It's a bronze, all right. So it's the time which there's toaster movies shorn of the bread, gold, Red Poets Society, Silver, crusty business, gold flutters for teenager movies? You ever do that? And one last one ace Ventura crumpet detective. Sure, I'm still thinking about Yeah, yeahs business alrighty. If you know what have you got toaster movies?
Speaker 7: Judge spread excuse me, Judge dread gold.
Speaker 6: Where's Anderson loves the savory toast?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, the French toast dispatch?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. You're down with Jess bronze.
Speaker 7: Hannibal Lecter laves a bit of strawberry jam.
Speaker 6: He said, s.
Speaker 1: That's literally one I had yesterday.
Speaker 7: And what are those felons having right up in the air as they're flying away.
Speaker 6: Conserve air a little conserve.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's smart, that is smart. I appreciate the smart. So that's a gold flat.
Speaker 12: The Christian o'connall Show podcast, Good Mornings to Christian O'Connell's show, Extra time, waister, we're looking for your toaster movies.
Speaker 1: Bectal show you in a brand new smart toaster, a bevel smart toaster. Rio you ready to mark, Let's do it? Dawn of the Spread Silver was Russell Kloe the gladiator or what he gladiate toasts is genius?
Speaker 4: Gold?
Speaker 1: How do you think of that? Well done, especially this early as well? Uh, Kyle, well done. Toasty in the pussy Cats, Yes, toasty, very good reference. Oh butter, where aren't.
Speaker 6: Thou Silver Brun's movie?
Speaker 1: If I had bread, I'd cook to move?
Speaker 6: Oh we had your movie? Sorry, cold cold, I got thrown by Josie and the Pussy.
Speaker 1: Gay right hard gold pop Upenheimer gold as well done, Tracy than the teleprofessor Silva. I'm not sure if you're going to spread honey or jam. He gonna call you got it? My friend? Toastbustersson, good gag there ever ending toaster. You know, sometimes you are waiting for ages at a hotel. That the show is toaster in the world. Brevella's in the mist gold well done, Yeah, Harvey will like it. Peanutty Professor silver bust all right, who is winning?
Speaker 6: Glad he ate toast, carl.
Speaker 1: Sred, You're the winner.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Time down the show for small thing that gives you big joy. Last week we heard from and Tom when you get a complimentary marsh mallow with your hot chocolate storm not putting it in the drink. Christian when you order a risky cocktail but you end up nailing it. It's very grown up one. That's a very grown up one. Mark when you go to a tod at a restaurant, comeback, your food is there waiting for you. Alison Coffee Canoi's on a Sunday. That small thing big joint for Alison. For me, there's a couple. I had one last night putting leftovers in the tupperware container and I got the ultimate where you get all four clicks first time.
Speaker 6: Oh, well done.
Speaker 1: It's rare, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Is this the right lid.
Speaker 1: Tuck in clip.
Speaker 6: Well, I've never had that much satisfied.
Speaker 1: It was really satisfying. When you get all four, it's like four green Knights. Clip clip clip clip. Normally there's one that just that and you can't you don't feel it's completely air tight in there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's because do you put your lids in the dishwasher? Yes, yes, same, I think it warps. You're supposed to only put the bottom in the hand. But who's got time for that?
Speaker 1: What did it take that long to hand? What's what's happened to us? Who's got time for that? Also the other one yesterday it was binda yesterday the bin bag. The new bin bag went in first time. You know it sticks to itself. Yeah, and it's so intently trying to shake it freed to open up to get in there when in first time. Well, you on and roll yesterday and I'm telling you now I have a new Maybe you should talk about this on the show this week, your new addictions. This here is a Jakeman's throat suite. I don't have a sore throat, but when I was in the UK, I went to a chemist and they recommended these things called Jakeman's. They've been going since nineteen oh seven. I love the taste of this honey and leaven flavor so much I brought eight packets back with me. How right it could open up my own independent chemists warehouse. I'd love these throat sweets. I don't have a sore throat or a chesty cough, but I'm getting through three or four of these are day now. I love these things. They are so nice. You can't find them, no, no, no no, there are some websites you can get them.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 1: I might start being an importer. It might be my side hustle, seeing me at local markets at the weekend, sell them out my car boot. That's if there's any left of my secret staff. Real what is it for you? Small thing? Big joy?
Speaker 7: We're doing a watch of the Hot News Show at the moment, friends, and do you.
Speaker 1: Have going back from great idea? We did that during Lockdown Family. So many great jokes as well. You forget, there's so many classic episodes.
Speaker 6: It's actually aged so well. It's so fun.
Speaker 1: I now, I don't know. Some of it is a bad yeah, a little bit. I watching my two militant feminist feminist daughters, right, and there's a lot of stuff that does not age very well. Right, It's constant sex jokes. Yeah, at the time, we didn't. I kept saying this. At the time, we didn't know. Time, we didn't. I didn't, I didn't know.
Speaker 6: And they do this thing that no one does anymore. At the end of the show.
Speaker 7: They run the credits and then there's a little extra treat for you at the end where they do one extra little scene, a little tag, a little something for money, with a.
Speaker 6: Little gift with purchase. And I get really excited about it every time.
Speaker 1: One of the greatest comedy sitcoms, comedies ever that every episode is always very funny.
Speaker 7: Yes, And you know what, there's something about cameras. Back in the day, everyone was more attractive. They're not as you know these days, they're like everything shows.
Speaker 6: Too much, the lights really bright.
Speaker 1: It's very clary, these these these high resolution cameras. And worst of all, now it's our TV screens. I was watching someone the other day. Now you really notice that when an actor, male actor has to wear hair dye for character, it's always this real like Janana's hair dye. It's like it's purple, it's a strange brown or something. Watching with the Great David Tennant and it was like, what have we done to your hair.
Speaker 6: That soft lighting of the camera. Everyone looks good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is there a filter we can get on our cameras? I want the friends filter, Patsy, what's it for you? Small thing? Big joy?
Speaker 13: How's this sausage sizzle on a Wednesday? I pulled up to our local supermarket yesterday just that unmistakable.
Speaker 1: Waft, sneaky midweek.
Speaker 13: Sausages with onions. And it was the local Ritary club doing.
Speaker 6: Mondays.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 1: That's a perfect little nice pick me up on a Wednesday, middle of the week.
Speaker 13: You know, cold Winter's day. Is it the weekend? No, but it's the next best thing. It's Wednesday because there's sausage sizzal.
Speaker 1: And our and were the people getting one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: They were?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think everyone was taken back.
Speaker 4: It's like, hang on, it takes.
Speaker 1: That's all it takes when you come to Australia. Listen, Pope, if you listen to this about your visiting to his time, don't pack the hat. All you got to do is bring some sausages and snacks. Mate, you're attract a crowd. You won't have to even turn water into wine. Just actually put some sausage in a bit of bread. You'll get a big following, a turnout.
Speaker 6: Possible census question.
Speaker 7: Onions on a sausage sizzle on top of the top, top to Australia.
Speaker 1: Any other way you get that that sweet crunch of the onion first thing.
Speaker 7: But you have, Yeah, you eat it quickly, you put it on the bottom and then it's not spilling out all of your hands and your wrists.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I love about the sizzle on Saturday? You know all the Roytrey clubs outside Bunning's right, it's always Dad's hanging around. It's like moths to a flame, isn't it. It's just Dad's like making small talk, crunchy small talk with each other. Yeah, it's like a men's cup.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Small thing, Big Joy, Christian. When you order two potato cakes that you look all fish and chips, owner gives you three non nom menzo. You're right, Christian, Small thing, big joy. When he toast pops up with exactly the right amount of brownness, no more xs or thirty seconds Christian. My weekly phone call every Thursday with my BFF while I wait for my daughter to finish tutoring. That's from Tania. I envy. Sometimes the sisterhood is very powerful. Honestly, some I hear my wife should out to her friends. Within thirty seconds, They're deep into what they need to talk about. It's incredible. There's no booze needed leo there. It's with men to try and dis lodge the deep inner loss that they're feeling that they don't talk about immediately. Sometimes I hear a crime within thirty seconds, laughing a minute later. She's pro hyper meta processing all emotions in a matter of seconds and minutes. It's incredible to see. The sisterhood is a real thing. It's strong.
Speaker 13: There a lifeline girlfriends. Yes, I speak to one in particular every single day, do you yep, and it just is strong.
Speaker 1: An old friend like from childhood.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, we used to work together. Oh when we're like nineteen and I never we never miss a bait. We just have to touch base, so our day is better after we've spoken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my wife is stalled like that with a friend. She's as as a teenager. You know. We now live here in Australian she lives in Canada now as well. They're in different parts of the world, but within seconds when they talk to each other, they're back into it. Yeah, and so the brotherhood needs to take a look at the sister. Yes, yeah, it's not it's really it is really important. So I get that Dania, Why that you're our phone call every Thursday while he went for your or to finish tutoring. That's your you time. It's like therapy, Christmas moll thing big joy walking into the gym uh to finally two people in there. See this is this iss good as the Brotherhood's going to get a good day from man is when there's not many other men there to feel intimidated by. Christian. My big joy was today I got every green traffic light on the way to work yesterday. It was all read, so it's balanced out by the way. Just what ed Sharon's song was on was I'm about to screw up a piece of paper and I made something I haven't done since I was a kid, a paper airplane with it? Did people store make paper aeroplanes in?
Speaker 6: What do you mean.
Speaker 1: That's not a great one? I bet you were good at them. I could never make a great one. I make one now?
Speaker 6: No, No, I'm so bad, so bad.
Speaker 1: At school. This is this is before you had smartphones. We were making paper aeroplanes. I remember our school had an annual competition, really to encourage engineers. I think that's how James Dyson started.
Speaker 7: I went to a Ben Folds concert where everyone got a piece of paper on the seat, and then.
Speaker 1: I watched that one online.
Speaker 6: Buy it down to Ben on the Stag's.
Speaker 1: Such a great idea. Maybe we should hold a paper aeroplane competition. Seriously, It's like an old that looks that isn't going anywhere. You and I allowsy at it. No, that's not that thing's not taken off. Musk isn't hiring you John work on those SpaceX rockets. Just Kaitlyn, what is it for you?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 1: What is the small thing? Big joy?
Speaker 14: This happened to me yesterday. I picked up my drink bottle and I thought, oh, no, is there going to be enough water in here? I opened it, I sculled it because I was thirsty as the perfect amount of water was in there, and I didn't have to get out of my desk to go and get more.
Speaker 1: You told me she had a good one.
Speaker 6: I said, she has one. I said, she has one.
Speaker 14: That's fun perfect amount.
Speaker 1: I didn't have to get.
Speaker 3: Up unsubscribed Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian Small Thing, Big Joy When an impatient driver illegally overtakes you for doing the speed limit I mean only to get stuck behind another car a red light. Said, yes, Jared, it's the best, the best the universe. Christian little Thing, big joy, call or whatever you want, of course, that lightweight feeling after a big pooh, it's real, it's the thing there. You feel enlightened, not just physically spiritually. Christian small Thing, big joy. Picking the right train carriage that arrives at the destination you're at the escalators slash stairs. Yes, Christian thinks you joy getting into bed with fresh sheets. Worse thing the world when you come back and your partner's stripped the bed and they're not there is the worst. Why why you were the divorce lawyers? Why would you do this to me?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: No, One of the worst things is matter, isn't it.
Speaker 7: I've had that after a night out and you put it in the dry and you've just forgotten about it.
Speaker 1: And it's going to take so many calories to sort this out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh no, what can you.
Speaker 1: Get someone there to ask you come and do it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, Now, I have a new idea and it involves you, Rio and something that people always say to me, what a unique part of the show is, And there's no other show that has this gift that actually you give, which is the jingles that you sing and make for the show are incredible.
Speaker 6: Thank you people.
Speaker 1: Coming up to last week at the book launch, No they weren't. They were talking about it. So Rio makes and sings, you know, all the jingles for the show, and they really are quite incredible. They're fantastic. So over the years he's done this you versus News and a quiz against Patsy You versus verse You would be good fun. Actually that is good. Also this what's the year? Again?
Speaker 6: What's the year?
Speaker 1: My friend? And this You're then done? As I was going through all these I found something that we never did. What's in your bowl? What's in your It never came to air? I don't sung it.
Speaker 6: What's that in your ball?
Speaker 1: Never made it to air?
Speaker 7: Oh brand or Uncle Toby's I remember this now.
Speaker 6: Yes, we were going to just ask people like what they have for breakfast?
Speaker 1: All right, well let's do that tomorrow because you've made it. Then it was tiny trades and they built it this now, this want to hear Psycho sisters. I did ask for stories about Psycho sisters. The stories we got were so dark and horrible we we never put any of them on air. But a good thing too.
Speaker 7: Psycho sisters, watch out they're crazy. Story is the story Jim.
Speaker 1: When we found out about that woman that used to work in this building, we invited her in. She was turning one hundred lillion.
Speaker 3: One hundred years of lilion.
Speaker 7: She is also well again to ride an elephant one hundred years of Lilian.
Speaker 1: Quite hard chat though you remember she wasn't giving you much. She gave me no unders that had a huge go at me because we got her on earlier and we said she was really aboun hour afterwards. Then there was Irene Gold.
Speaker 6: Oh she is old, Irene Gold Gold. She is a hundred years old.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorites and parts.
Speaker 6: Born and she just had her birthday a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred and three amazing, right, so we know you can sing. It's a gift gift, Oh, good gift freely. I don't want to have this singing canarian a cage anymore that comes out occasionally. No, no, no, no, I've written some words here. We've got to imagine now that this is actually happening. This feature Rio can sing. You've heard him every week he's singing something on the show, and now we're putting him to work for you. Once a week. Rio makes someone special a song, not just any song, their song, their favorite song, the one they bailt out in the car, the one that was on at their wedding, the one they've been murdering at karaoke for twenty years, same tune, same big chorus, but with new words about them, all the stuff they do, all the stuff we you love them for, all the stuff you take the mickey out of them for. And then we play it on the radio across the country. Their favorite song, but it's about them coming through the speakers and into their hearts. We make you a star. Who's it going to be? What do we call this simply your song? Oh?
Speaker 6: This is your song? Yes, this is your song.
Speaker 1: So it's their favorite song. Right might be born to run if it was to me. But we find out about them using our d team of producers that will do research about the post, and then we surprise them. We call them up and go, hey, Maureen, this is your song.
Speaker 6: I love this. You know what this reminds me of. Do you remember the show This is Your Life? I love that you love your life? Yes, and they were, but this is a song version. Yes, I'm on board.
Speaker 1: So what a great gift to surprise somebody with.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's like.
Speaker 7: Those you know, you get, like those books of your life your mom and dad.
Speaker 1: Questions the musical the musical version of this. Actually, they've got a gift. Not that will surprise them in the moment, but they can replay. They're immortalized in songs.
Speaker 6: They could play it at their funeral if they wanted.
Speaker 1: All right, let's keep it on the right side of the dial. I didn't think about the uniogy aspects of it. Yes, it's called this week's unogy, Earnie y some of our lot. Actually I would love to do. Yeah, well, it wasn't a question.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, I need to know what the tiny trades was used for.
Speaker 6: I think we actually did that.
Speaker 1: Did we actually do it?
Speaker 4: We did?
Speaker 13: Kids came into the station.
Speaker 1: Remember this is what we used it for. Jennifer Trady, they built it Ti Tradies, Yes day, that was it. Kids doing flat pack exactly.
Speaker 6: They were really good.
Speaker 1: They were very very good. They were a lot better than some of the grown ups actually on the show. All right, So can we starting a new feature where you tell us about someone that you'd love us a surprise? I'm calling this your Song, where you would tell us about their favorite song. We find out a bit about them that you told us, and then we would put brand new lyrics about them to their favorite song. Michelle, you up for doing this?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: It sounds like fun.
Speaker 1: All right? So who would you love us to write a song about?
Speaker 15: My wonderful daughter Kristen?
Speaker 1: Now how old is she?
Speaker 15: She's thirty five?
Speaker 1: Yep. And does she live near you guys? So she moved Now she's moved.
Speaker 15: They've moved to Queensland.
Speaker 11: In December, you get to see her Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she's moved. Straight.
Speaker 6: It's the great building blocks.
Speaker 1: Of a song that's a heartbreaker and also a heartmaker. That's right, all right? So give us a few details. Money, What does she do? What does she love doing?
Speaker 15: She's a wonderful mom to two beautiful girls, and she's a wonderful wife to her husband Dean, and she's a fur baby mum to Nala. She loves being out in the sun.
Speaker 1: Sunshine baby, or your daughter who likes being out in the sun. Just so we don't start singing about the wrong thing.
Speaker 6: Any any hobbies, Michelle.
Speaker 15: Yes, so she swims. She used to play hockey. She's currently a lifeguard at a local pool.
Speaker 1: She sous incredible, she does so much. And listen, what song would you want? This? The bespoke song written to the tune off.
Speaker 15: Guns n' Roses Sweet Child of Mind.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, this is a tear joker. I love this. There will be a dry eye in the cars of Australia when we do this one.
Speaker 6: Testing the old vocal range.
Speaker 1: Frustrating act Rose, you struggled with Cisco. We love it, Michelle. Okay, stay there, let's get us soon now. Good morning, Sue, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Good morning Christian. Oh my god, I am so happy I got through. This has me written all over it for my husbands.
Speaker 1: Oh, Britt, tell us about your husband, Sue.
Speaker 2: My husband's name is Rocco. It's coming up to our twenty ninth anniversary of our wedding, which he actually chose his favorite song for our bridal dance, which was our songs. And he's also turning sixty this year. So I was like, oh my god, this is me.
Speaker 1: We have to get this so much to write about in a feature that I called after the Out and John's song your song. This is he brilliant. So in the Cots time you might twenty nine year is being married?
Speaker 2: Yes, in November where it's our twenty ninth anniversary. October is he sixtieth. We've got our son's twenty first is this weekend? We have so much going on, and I was like, this is me. He's a die hard Footy fan. He's a die hard musician. One of his favorite things at the moment is to write speeches and put he going snippets of songs to them to relate back to the people. I'm always like, come, we don't have time.
Speaker 7: He's like, no, no, I can do this.
Speaker 2: I can't very well.
Speaker 1: Such a sweet story.
Speaker 4: You already get it.
Speaker 1: We already get the fell for this guy. Roco sounds amazing.
Speaker 6: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Rocko is the best dad. He's a great bloke. He's so chilled and laid back, but we'll do anything for anyone. We met at the Bourbon and Beef State nightclub in the day. I know it's a strategic right, our kids.
Speaker 1: It's not how it's not true. This is how people used to meet in nightcaps.
Speaker 2: I don't Our kids are like, please don't tell people that, Like it's really we have four Keith, it's just yeah, he would, he would absolutely love this.
Speaker 1: So you're going to be the first one. We have to do this. We have to do this. This is incredible. What or just and also just just after almost twenty nine years of hour just to clearly hear how and love you both there as well. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: We are He's a good he puts up with me. Can I tell you I'm song's twenty first I'm like a crazy woman possessed this week getting ready and he's like, take it easy on you, take it easy.
Speaker 1: I'm like, don't tell me that. Make it easy all right. Roco is going to be the first one. Yeah, we're going to do this one. All right, so we're be in touch. Why hopefully not hopefully make suggest six years. Can't afford to lose any listeners. Yeah, so you're going to be the first one. Thank you so much for calling up as well. Thank you And did you say this you got the birthday, someone's birthday, this weekend, someone's twenty first, my.
Speaker 2: Son's twenty first weekend, have.
Speaker 1: A lovely weekend.
Speaker 3: Thank you speak.
Speaker 1: So that's amazing.
Speaker 3: The Kristin O'Connell Show podcast yesterday.
Speaker 1: This time yesterday on the show, we were doing our weekly Wednesday feature we did with you guys called what are the Odds? This is when we look for your stories of coincidence and chance. Last week on that feature, we had this call my mother in law.
Speaker 8: I only had boys, but I always wanted a girl. And if she had a girl, she was going to call her Alison Claire. My husband and I got married and I am Alison Claire.
Speaker 1: Right. So it's an interesting story. We loved it last week, and when we were setting it up yesterday saying it's time for your stories of coincidence and chance, we replayed it this lady, here's it calls in what are the Odds?
Speaker 9: So I got into the car this morning your show came on, there was an Alison Claire talking about her mother in law who wanted to name a daughter Alison Claire. And guess what my name is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alison clap And then it didn't stop there.
Speaker 10: Who are you Alison Claire? I only turned it on and heard the last caller. I didn't hear the original one, So when you kept repeating the name Alison Claire, I was like, what's going on? This is so bizarre?
Speaker 11: And then guess what, I'm Alison Claire as well. Actually I was actually listening to the other to Alison Claire's, but I heard it a couple of days ago on the radio as well, and now listened to you all the time, and I thought, oh, what's the coincidence with that?
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're counting, We're up to four listeners called Alison Claire? Are there anymore? Will we get another one by nine or by the end of the week. Anyway, we made this remix.
Speaker 11: What are the odds?
Speaker 9: So I got into the car this morning and guess up, my name is?
Speaker 10: I only turned it on and heard the last caller. What's going on? This is so bizar.
Speaker 8: My mother in law I only had boys, always wanted a girl, and if she had a girl, she was going to call her.
Speaker 11: Now listened to you all the time.
Speaker 2: What's the coincidence with that?
Speaker 3: Guess on?
Speaker 9: My name is?
Speaker 1: My favorite was the email we had towards the end of yesterday's show, who's someone whose solicitors are called Alison and Claire? All legal firms are always so and so and so and so and so and so, aren't they. They're always double or like a band of them.
Speaker 7: And we have to be very clear about the name because I've noticed you're also getting some emails.
Speaker 1: Ellison and Ellie. No, no, no, we have to be very strong on this. It's Allison Claire. If you're another one, please contact the show asap. We need to speak to you. And then number thirteen fifty five twenty two. All right, big thing happening next tuesday in this country. The Australian censes is back. I mean, it is odd. Hell they're asking us questions when they've already got all the information.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's not pretend like you do.
Speaker 1: We have no secrecy anymore. When people moan about sort of government intrusion and suf of that, we share, overshare everything.
Speaker 6: Just ask us.
Speaker 1: They know scret our apps have everything. They know what we're looking at, where we are, where we are, what we're buying, what you're thinking about buying. They know everything. This question here we're doing next week is pointless.
Speaker 6: It's a great point.
Speaker 1: But anyway, we all will be doing it. A lot of you already done it as well. However, the morning of the census, ungly doing our own alternative census on the show. I'm going to ask seven questions and we're going to compile them together. So it is your chance to put your question to the nation, and we're all going to answer at the same time, one new question every half an hour. On the day after next Wednesday. We go through the answers a lot quicker than the actual census. I think it's a year later.
Speaker 6: It takes the process.
Speaker 1: It apparently it's a year. We're knock it off in a short twenty four hours, all right, some of the ones we've had so far, genuinely, this is the most popular one from you guys. Toilet paper over or under? This is a great question. What did you last cheat on? Now I'm not looking for this is about partners, anything horrible about that, but other stuff. What did you last cheat on? What's the weirdest thing in your freezer? What is the best shapes flavor? I have really told your chicken crimpy? What was your favorite age? I also want to put in R you Ellison Claire, did you meet in the nightclub and are you still together? And also what was the name of the nightclub as well? I would love that one some stranger ones we've had. I don't want to be asking the country do you scrunch your fold toilet paper. I don't want to be asking them who owned a Victor lawnmower? Or do you put milk in first when you're making a hot beverage. However, I've got another question thinking about give it to me. What did you send away for when you were a kid. Do you remember you'd all and you'd have to wait weeks to get it back? For me, it was X ray specs.
Speaker 6: So I actually don't know what you mean.
Speaker 1: No, you wouldn't because you're a lot younger than Patsy and I. So years ago children were easily encouraged to send money away for stuff. Was always a huge letdown and it was almost like become a spy. It'd be like James Bond. Hear conversations so much who one hundred meters away? There's crappy, but something came from China. You put it in this probably so they could spy on us. Twenty years ago, and you heard nothing.
Speaker 6: Right, So you posted money to them and they would send you some.
Speaker 1: They would send you tap before there was timuh, we had this. I remember sending off. I think about twelve bucks of my pocket money from my paper around for X ray specs. I genuine believe to eight that I better see through people.
Speaker 6: It's a good deal with twelve bucks, just.
Speaker 1: The plastic, crappy glasses. What did you send away for as a kid. But Kate, and you've got a possible question as well.
Speaker 6: I have to okay the first one.
Speaker 14: Do you face the shower or face away from the shower when showering?
Speaker 6: Who faces? I face away from the shower. I don't face towards the wall.
Speaker 1: I face towards the wall.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. That's crazy. No, only in movies and rom coms is anyone ever facing away. It's mean when they've had a breakup, they slum down. They just cry sat on the shower.
Speaker 7: So you stare at all in the showers.
Speaker 1: In a prison, you know, I like it. It's like.
Speaker 6: A prison because.
Speaker 1: The hands, all of this, you know, the WRS is coming down to me. I'm cleansing, I'm cleansing, so much regret and remorse every morning before the show. That's inside, I'd lost the right way. What are you looking out into?
Speaker 6: You're getting blasted in the face.
Speaker 1: Face, Wake me up. It's like a caffeine. It's like caffeine for my body, my skin.
Speaker 6: I didn't know anyone in the world did that.
Speaker 1: See which way you facing the wall? Really we're going to oscination this all right? So participating, that's a great one. What's the other one you got?
Speaker 14: Okay, what's your go to entertainment while on the toilet?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, what's this obsession with what they're up to? Break? This radio is very immature in this country. We don't need any more people like scrunching and folding and now, like, what do you do when you're in there? I don't want to think of our listeners squatting over a toya. So it's unbecoming. So what if produced a Tina doing by.
Speaker 14: Our Aircom's stuck on again, so we can't say anything otherwise.
Speaker 3: We'll go to air with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we are being observed right now by a media reporter. Can you make out that he knows? Just pretend nothing works here so we can write this up. So the company becomes so embarrassed they give us a They give us a new studio. Chains Manning, can you say that I broadcast in a hovel entirely? I need it?
Speaker 12: Is it is?
Speaker 1: There are community radio stations have better give than us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are.
Speaker 3: Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Let me describe the scene at the moment amongst the producers through the window. You remember when you took your driving test, you did an impersonation of the world's safest driver. Tend to t feed it. That's what the Chuckle sisters, Caitlin and Tina are doing right now. We are being observed by a media reporter today and they're doing an impression of two professional producers. They came in just now, and we're presenting some possible callers to come on air as if they were in a fine dining restaurants. Starters there, madam's dishes, their complimentary waters. There, your wines are on the wine I went, I listen, I'll play along with it. You won't be able to keep this up. You will not be to keep this up for another half an hour.
Speaker 6: Spot, don't fade all right, We're looking for your.
Speaker 1: Alternative census questions this morning, so we're gonna be doing this next Tuesday morning, Christian. My question to ask the nation next Tuesday morning. When getting dressed, you but you're left or right leg in first for pants? I think it's whatever, it's your dominant leg, yeah, on that strong posting leg first. Exactly, get the easy one first, especially when it's early in the morning, Christian. I rotate in the shower when I'm washing my face, putting shampoo my hair, and washing the front of my body like you on facing them all. But when I'm rinting my hair and washing my back face out, why do you not rotate? That's my question? Interesting, Christian? Do you say goodbye to your pets when you're leaving and tell them what time you be home? And I love that, Christian. Want to ask the nation, when you think of the days of the week in your mind, Monday to Sunday, what do you see? Are they in a straight line or a circle? Oh? Straight line? Straight line? Yes, straight line, Christian. Everybody faces the wall in the shower. Who the hell looks out way? And it's me and you facing the all together. Christ Someone asked the nation what do they think my toast movie time? When is to deserve to go? Just just leave it two hours. Crucially, I read some stats a couple of weeks ago. Apparently women are more likely to face outwards and men are, overwhelming me more likely to face inwards when showering.
Speaker 6: As well.
Speaker 1: You want to know what I sent away for when I was a kid like you, I got conned boat. It's the sea monkeys. Oh yes, I saved up for these sea monkeys and what arrived was bacteria. These are great. This takes some calls right now, Kirsten coome on and welcome to the show. Hello, hell are we Yeah, we're good, Thanks for Corlin. What is your question for the nation next week?
Speaker 2: There's a huge debate in my house if you should eat your McDonald's fries before your burger or your burger before your fries?
Speaker 3: What a huge first?
Speaker 1: Really get too cold if you if you wait, they do get Does anything get colder quicker than macas fries?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so always I have them afterwards. I think it's like the dessert, like a little before you get dessert. Though, these are important questions that needs to be asked to the nation. Kristin, that's a great one, Thank you very much. Cold and have a good names. Good Len, good morning. Hello. This is not looking good in front of that reporter. Lin, then welcome to show. What's your question for us?
Speaker 2: My question is do you do shoe, sock, shoe, sock or sock, sock, shoeshoe?
Speaker 6: Surely you couldn't start with shoe. You haven't got your stock on.
Speaker 1: French?
Speaker 10: Do you mean you sorry?
Speaker 2: Do you do sox, shoes, sock, shoe or shoe.
Speaker 7: Sock, sock, shoeshoe, sock, sock, trousers, shoeshoe?
Speaker 1: For me, I'll tell you something. First thing I'm put on in the morning is a pair of socks.
Speaker 7: No, no, actually sick behavior. It's just standing there naked in your sock.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I'll tell you why. I'll tell you why. The most vulnerable you are in the morning is when you first get up, you're naked. If suddenly intrude comes in, I could like sliding around in bare feet. I know, if I've got socks, I've got grip attraction, but wlipping around. So tell you what, you warm the feet, you warm the man. That's my theory. Yeah, no, I love that. So as soon as as soon as we get in the dark, nah, I think it's a good mental waking up thing in the dark. I'll have had my two fresh socks already on the floor, ready like Wallace and Grommet for me to slide into and then make my way to begin interesting the rest of it begins. It begins with the socks. Oh, we're going to ask the country next week. Let's get a Dean now morning Dean, good morning. How are we going? And we're go Dean, thanks for corning. What's your question? Mate? Well, I've got a question, but I've got a partner who is too scared to speak.
Speaker 3: Alison Quay no way. Yeah, he was really scared.
Speaker 1: To talk, so and I was like, do you want to talk?
Speaker 3: She's like no, no, okay, I'll call on your behalf.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 1: We can't include her in our search really for Alison. Clare's until we hear from her as well. But I do have a question. Yeah, what's your question, Dean?
Speaker 10: Why is there a d in refrigerator but not fridge?
Speaker 3: Wise there in fridge but not refridger rovers?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Good, not really a census question, but fascinating.
Speaker 1: Claire. Let's hang on a minute, Hang on a minute, You're not really Alison Clair.
Speaker 11: I'm Alison Claire.
Speaker 1: Jet it. We have number five. Alison. Alison, have you had friends saying you've got to call the show or were you listening?
Speaker 11: No, I was listening last night and went way home from work. I thought this is so weird.
Speaker 2: My son got home from UNI, I said, this is really weird story.
Speaker 7: On the radio.
Speaker 4: I told him.
Speaker 11: And then this morning I'm listening again, I go, what is going on?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We heap, we keep hearing from more of you, Alison Clare. So now we're up to number five.
Speaker 10: Thanks to you, that's so weird and wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is. What a great name. Well listen, number number five any more than a number to us.
Speaker 6: But thank you very much for calling in, No worried, lovely show.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Have a good date. Now listen chuckle. Sisters you need to call Dean bat we've got it here. She could get us up to number six.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we're calling.
Speaker 1: Back right now.
Speaker 14: You can hear Georgia in the background talking to Day that the.
Speaker 1: Best person put on it. Yes, we're busy to me nice.
Speaker 6: She's nine, she's very very good.
Speaker 1: She's nine, she's a child. She's paid about buck a week. This is all getting in that article. It is going to you thought that you thought the demise of K and J was pretty bad, You wait till we read this article about the makings of this show. How she's not a child she's paid ten million a year.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: To down the time waster for the best in show Double Bass. You go and see Brian Adams live early next year when he's back in Australia February and March. Whether's roll with the Punchers Tour Frontier Touring dot com is your place to get your tickets and for the best in show Today with your seafood songs on National Seafood Day Team, what do we think is in the top five most popular seafood here in Australia.
Speaker 6: Well we do good prawns, don't we Yes?
Speaker 1: Number one? Oysters number four he loves an oysters And don't start saying about the Sydney mu has been better than Mountain Your start a civil war.
Speaker 13: I bet I know what's not on there, which is the old seafood extenderm Yes?
Speaker 1: What was the places to still do that?
Speaker 13: It's a rubber to bulk it out because it was so expensive at.
Speaker 1: Christmas time a five bar Mundy oysters are at four, tuna at three, salmon at two, and prawns is at number one. I'm thought the Morton Bay bug might be in there.
Speaker 7: Delicious adition out for Moon Wednesday.
Speaker 1: All right, seafood songs? What are the fishermen and the fisher ladies and the fisher people listening to Chub Tropicana, silver fluss, prawn to run by Bruce Springbreen god gold another one, but it's a crustacean re ton of the mackerel silver. I want to hold your clam chowder. And Shakira loves her local chippy when she's there while she's waiting for them to be done, and extra se vinegar. These chips don't lie. Come on, I wasn't there yet. I'm taking a long way round to the punchline. What if you got real your seafood songs?
Speaker 6: Roy Orbison's a pickI eater.
Speaker 7: Yeah he's eating only the avalonely okay, silver.
Speaker 6: Outcuster in Barcelona. They're ordering Hey, yay, yeah, yeah, that's good cold. I'm morning, Morning and morning again.
Speaker 1: These are all gold. You love your seafood and.
Speaker 6: The black eyed peas are watering as well. They're saying pump it chowder.
Speaker 1: They're not, they're not actually, no, no, no no. That's the extent of you Bronze.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I don't think any of you really realized that often this is a very hostile environment for me to try and broadcast in. I'm very much a frontier DJ here trying to do frontier radio work, and we are being observed today by a media reporter and producer. Caitlin knows that she has to do an impression of a good producer. Sometimes that language towards me a little bit blue and salty, and she doesn't want to do this today in case it gets ends up in the article. She's guys, she's just found out where there's a spot here down the you know, the corridor Patsy in between our two studios. She knows that James the reporter can't see her there, and Rio didn't see her mouthing swear words, mouthing square words at me before I have to address the nation obscenity obscenities I did in the article. James, get the typewriter out. I don't see the Olivetti James crank up the ribbons. Okay, once my We'll do my best to remain professional in these circumstances. Okay. Seafood songs, Brett has scenes from inside the tank at the restaurant, not seeing from an Italian restaurant. Gold Breams Dreams Silver plus, k Sandy Crab bronze, but Donna would like a sturgeon silver uh, lots is Paradise silver plus. We didn't start the fryer gold hat Tuna Matata gold plus. Wow, that's very good. Kenny Thompson, well done, Christian. Not these days by powder finger, but these craze by chowder fingers a doubler. What aren't Tim Prowse you, oyster know? Alanis Morrissey very good gold plus. Christopher Davis were done for you, oyster. No flake on me silver prone to be alive silver plus. Sitting on the dock of Morton Bay bugs gold. I'm happy with that, Brett. I don't like Barrel Munday's Boomtown rats Na silver clam. I wish I was your lover silver prawn this way, Lady Gaga silver God is a dj silver faithless clam on Ileen instead of gang Plankton style. That is winner. That's your winner, Leah, you are the winner today instead of Gangham style Plankton style. That is very good, Leah, you are the winner. You off to see Brian Adams Live. We are back tomorrow morning. If you have any more alternative census questions, we'd love to get them. You can email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com. Today you and at seven o'clock tonight, I will hopefully see some of you. We'll see full details tomorrow on the show. Take care, I have a great day. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell Show podcast