Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian no Connel show podcast, Look.
Speaker 2: Of your Stories, What fed off? And I over seventy with a job. How many more golden kettles have we got to give away by nine o'clock this morning? Mike can is six more to go, six one a go. Okay, Good morning to Sue Cartmel, who is at work right now. This is an amazing wow woman, Christian, I'm emailing already at work. I just had my seventy first birthday on Saturday. I'm a full time lad technician despite having cancer. I would love a golden kettle. Please, I drink gallons of tea my poor old kettle. News replace Sue. I'm very sorry to hear that you've got cancer, but I'm inspired by how you're still going to work and showing up. I think there's something remarkable about that you can. Yes, you can definitely have a golden kettle and also give you We've got a pair of tickets we had Cinema's Gold Class as well. Go and see something nice on us. But Sue, that is a great thing you do. Thank you very much. Margaret. Good morning, Margaret, hen How are you today? I'm good, Margaret Sender what's your job then? What do you do?
Speaker 3: I drive a school bus and I picked kids up before school, taking them to school and then drop the home afterwards.
Speaker 2: That's the job, and insist on that. They are real sticklers for they'll pick them up, but you must bring them back, Margaret. We can't have you just taking them off for the day. We've spoken about this, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's incredible. How long you've been doing that, Margaret.
Speaker 3: I've been driving the school bus since thirty years.
Speaker 2: Wow. Not the same route, I hope.
Speaker 3: No? No, different different runs, yeah.
Speaker 2: Mix it up, makes it up. I pick up rand Rando there. It's like a happy hour. They don't know where they end up, not necessarily the right school. But that's the fun of it, you know, it's the fun bus.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but that's that's when we do sport runs and you never know where you're going to end up.
Speaker 2: No, no, but you need to you need to you some of those kids start there on the back. They've been lost for twenty years. They've grown up, adults go on as kids.
Speaker 3: It's good when you see you when I have grown up, because I remember you for all then things you've done for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirty years, been doing that. You must recognize a lot of kids that them become parents.
Speaker 3: Here when you go to weddings and see new babies and all the rest of us are good.
Speaker 2: Oh that's lovely. And what route you want today?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm out Frankston Way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh lovely? Oh yeah nice? And would you like your golden kettle? Match?
Speaker 4: I love one?
Speaker 2: Well, have one? Thank you, Thank you for what you do. I bet you're great with the kids as well to sing to them.
Speaker 3: And I'm not quite there, but we do a lot of talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you have the radio on? You stick this on? Oh? Yes? How does that go down there? Turn it off?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: What is this old person's music?
Speaker 3: I like some of the songs.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. What about the best that we leave it hanging in the air. You're having that kettle? Now, send you one old one from the office. I love you too, lovely, Margat, I will send you a golden kettle magic yeppl. All right, remember, drop those kids off, let them go, Margaret.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian my cousin lost her leg below the knee. One day. We're walking around the shopping center and artificial legs fell off. The two of us were wetting ourselves laughing, but people are horrified. That's from Mark Kim Christian Sue Cartmel. He just read her email out. She is a true legend from one of the science teachers she looks after every day. That's awesome. Amazing story this week about a passenger at Darwin Airport getting a three thousand dollars fine after trying to smuggle in macas from Barley into this country where McDonald's is widely available. Literally everywhere is there an airport in the world where donald isn't it. I've been to Darwin Airport. They've got a maca is there. Mate. You didn't need to smug it at all. It's expensive happy meal. Ever, it was a sniffer dog that discovered this as well. I'm sure as a dog went. I've never seen one of those dogs where they go brazilk It must be quite a scene. Actually, you know normally that they sort of this, this sort of go around. It's sort of came out. I've never seen what it must be like. When would they do they bark or roll over or whatever they do. It's real tall react what you do? What were you trying to bring into the champagne Charlie. You know those always says he loves so much. They sit down next to you politely and then politely they're very well trained. They're coming, they'll sit down. How do you know this, I've seen it happen really. Yeah, well they would just sit down. Yeah, they come and then surely so's just going to run off. If the dog does that and they're like start getting I'm going guys, they might have them to go for the colprit's throat. They're beagles though they're not German shepherds, but they need they need to. They just just sit down. They just sit down next to you and then you go, who you God, damn it. Darndest thing happened today at the airport. Peter Itch and I love doing this new story yesterday is the hitch Zinta.
Speaker 1: The sniffer dog made a meal of a returning traveler's contraband McDonalds. A domin airport. Two egg and saucing to munkmuhuans hotcakes and a ham clussarn't were detected in the suitcase of a passenger coming back from Bali.
Speaker 2: As the cross on as well plus all that food's gonna it's gonna be cold, right, Macas is fine. However macas when it's cold cold egg McMuffin, that is wrong and unpacking all your holiday gain. There's a cold McMuffin in there. Why so anyway, today then we want to know what have you snuck in? What have you tried to smuggle in? Whether it's stuff to the cinema or whether it's to a gig, trying to get booze into a festival. Well, whatever it is, we want to know about it. Nine four one four one o four three. And can you also, I do not believe that the dogs just sit politely next to you. I think Rio just made it up. Has anyone seen one of those dogs, as Jack called it, get activated when they've caught mister peg.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: The hottest thing in town to win right now, one of these golden kettles who knew good on too, Julie Christian. We're our family, big tea drinkers. I'd even take my own grateful teenagers and a cup of tea in the morning to start their day. It's a less argumentative way to wake them.
Speaker 6: Up.
Speaker 2: It is our old kettle's on the way out. Though the water level is stained, looks like it's half full. The kids never flip back the lid to check if there's any water in it. When I hear it on, I know there's no water, and I race like a mad woman yetting tear it off. It sounds like a rattling freight train that's going to explode. If there is a gold kettle spare, I'll be thrilled to give it a new home. Julie immer Rappan, you have been an early supporter of the show. I recognize your name. You're always down the time wasters. Absolutely you can have a golden kettle. Thank you very much. All right, well, looking for your stories of smuggling. So you've got a story not smuggling, but smuggling out.
Speaker 7: I always smuggle out. Already calls it my food purse, which is my big handbag. What a phrase out of the supermarket.
Speaker 2: I pray we never have to hear you toke your food separate gain. I feel a little bit sick now.
Speaker 7: Whenever we go out for dinner, I usually smuggle the little salt and peppers and sugars. Sometimes the mini butters. They come in very do. They come in handy at a picnic. I stash them away and they're tasted. You guys going on quite regularly in the summertime, but they're brilliant. I get what you're stealing. The pepper one shoe. Now, I've got a bit of class.
Speaker 2: He must have gone the last twenty four hours, all right, So smuggling in or like Patsy's smuggling out. Okay. And Rio told me that the dogs when they become activated, when they sniffy, sniffy, sniff and there's something dodging in your bags, they will sit down politely next to you. I don't believe that. Surely they must start yelling or dogs called it bucking this guy on me, Matt, Hello, Matt.
Speaker 5: Hi Christian made. I can confirm Rio's story. They do just sit beside you because it happened to me. Wow, mate, I was coming back from a trip to Tazzy, been to the Cabri factory, had in my bag a little bit of chocolate in the bottom. Were not a little bit of a fair bit of chuckling in the bottom of my carry on bag and they late night last fight in from Tazzy back into Melbourne and the dog's there and I said, oh, no big deal, I've got nothing. I've done nothing. And he came up, sniffed my bag and sat right beside me, and the guy said, can you step out of line first? So I stepped out of line and he checked everybody else and they came back and he said, anything in your bag. I said, no, nothing in my bag. So they sniffed it again and the dog sat again. He said, mate, we're gonna have to empty the bag. So they emptied my bag and they got to the bottom and they saw the layer of Cabri chocolate and the guy's face looked at the dog and he looked at me and he goes, I'm really sorry mate. We've been training in with chocolate tree.
Speaker 2: And that's an incredible story, Matt. I love that you've got. You've got to have one of our golden kettle's. That's a great story.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Matt. Great story, well told.
Speaker 5: Thank you a good day, guys.
Speaker 2: That's prettiant. Michelle coome Onning Good Christian, how are you today? I'm good and I hope you will. Michelle faster joining the show, and you've got a story of snucking something in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my mum was coming back from Maria several years ago, and she came back from America and she came back to Tallamarine Airport and she decided the smuggles and salami in her handbag and.
Speaker 2: Smuggler.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So she come back through Tallamarine Airport and through customs and one of those little doggies came up to her and sat down right beside her. That's true, ut down beside jess all salami?
Speaker 2: You get salami?
Speaker 6: Don't fine?
Speaker 2: How much was it?
Speaker 6: I can't remember. It was about six years ago, saying a couple of hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: Can they? Can you keep SLAMI though?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: What they do with all that? Kid? They're eating that? Aren't they? That chocolate? And they're having all that stuff out out of the back. Great place, Great day today, guys. Let's chopami.
Speaker 6: The next thing issues a vegitarian do.
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: What was she like a salami meal? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think so.
Speaker 2: All right, Michelle, thank you very much the story. I have a good day.
Speaker 4: Did you buy Danny more than Christian Jack and Patchy? How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We're good. So you know a bit more about the old drug dogs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, look, I've got a breeder or of the drug dogs for Australian's customs. And it is quite true though they're trying to just be very nice and plot and whatever they're trained in sniffing. If they sniff it out, they just sit right next to you.
Speaker 2: And do They do different things for what they think is in there. So if it's explosives or money, they might do a like stand up on one poor or something or.
Speaker 4: Not quite one poor guys. But yeah, look it it's true that they're they're bred in Victoria and they're they're sent all over the world or people from different customs.
Speaker 2: Right now the only place in the world.
Speaker 4: Not the only place. But we've got such a great program. They're flying twice a year. Yeah, they're flying twice a year. And they still up dogs. Yeah, still our dogs.
Speaker 2: And this government does nothing wake up people or their dogs. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So they're bread for you know, they're bread to sniff out divers, currency, drugs.
Speaker 2: A whole lot of a cadaver like a body. Yeah, you know, I've got a tools so I didn't see it on the list bar salami. But yeah, there's a there's a leg in there.
Speaker 4: Actually in South America. If there's an earthquake or something like that, they if our bodies or.
Speaker 8: They Yeah, and we've we've got to breed about our dogs bred nineteen pups.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we're well and truly entrenched in the program.
Speaker 2: It's great, quite incredible they can be trained. And is it mainly beagles or they still use the German shepherd dogs No labradors.
Speaker 4: Labradors now because they're a familiar face, they're not scared. A lot of the tourists are petrified from some countries that dogs, even though.
Speaker 2: They breed they all criminal. Mastermind, he's still going to respect that the labbador that took him down.
Speaker 3: Beagles, I mean, librador's no friendlier than a beagle.
Speaker 2: No, they are no FRIENDLYSS dog in the world.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's probably easier to train though, because if you train them with food. Labradors are very food oriented.
Speaker 2: If I was going to get rumbled anyway, it was an international drugs impendive, it's a lampador that brought me down. I wouldn't mind that, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lad can give you a very nasty lik.
Speaker 2: Danny, thank you very much. You cool. Do you want a golden kettle?
Speaker 5: Oh look.
Speaker 2: Dog breedings, Dick the kett On. Have a cup of tea.
Speaker 4: I'll share it with the dog.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, nasty lick. All right, Danny, thank you very much you call. Have a good day.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast