Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Get over it.
Speaker 4: I know all twenty six les.
Speaker 2: Please just call me dow No, please call me Simon The Christian o'connel Show Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 5: Three de good. All is good in my wild team, I tell you what, because yesterday evening I had a killer tea. When you have a good tea, all's good in your world. Again, do you know? I have made my best of a homemade chicken schnitzel yesterday for the kids?
Speaker 3: Yuh, what's your secret?
Speaker 5: Do you know? Rio got us that smoked salt for Christmas? So it's a game changer. And it actually is a game changer. There aren't many things I will add now I've had to buy I've had to restock it three times and only got it at December. It is only in the early days of March. I'll put it in a salad that was sure. It quite works, but I like having that tang in that salad. So anyway, you know, everyone knows had to make your chicken snitch. So you got you got your bread crumbs, got the flour, the.
Speaker 4: Egg from scratches. Pretty good. Yes, I still go to the store bought.
Speaker 5: One that stool tastes great as well. It's actually it's actually was impossible to have a bad one, but homemade ones. Try making them at home. You feel really good about it, even though basicly it is just chicken and bread crumbs. You know, it's not heston bluemntole, sort of changing it out of cooking. Yesterday, I actually went up this when the kids came down after five minutes of day it's getting cold. They do this to me every time a minute. I know, they just on their phones on TikTok or anything. I actually went like this, waved my hands over the food I've made. It's basically chicken bread crumbs, and went tala. International Women's Day starts right here with a homemade chicken schnitzel. You your mom, sit down, it's on me. I've got your sisters. Schnitzels are on me. I see you, I am you. Let's eat the schnitzel. So anyway, you get the bread crumbs mixed in with garlic song. What I did is before it goes in the frying pan with the oil, you need about a centimeter. I chopped up a couple of garlic bowls and put that in for five minutes in butter. So I'm frying it like butter. When it goes in, it's really warm. You don't want the garlic going golden browns. It kind of goes off there. It's just melty enough. It's infused. It's diffused into the butter meat. Mister Snitz or three minutes on each side. Bang, you're ready to go a little bit more chicken salt on the top as it's caught.
Speaker 4: Why not because of the garlic. I'm still not doing this low fodmap thing to try and reset my gut.
Speaker 5: I thought garlic was meant to be good for us, good for our hearts. Garlic capsules, right, everything is on there. That's why I have it. No vampires come in here every night.
Speaker 4: Well, the gut's getting better, but the vampires are getting out of control.
Speaker 5: Over because Coburg, you've got a hipster vampire is the worst kite.
Speaker 4: No onion. It makes it flavoring any dish very hard.
Speaker 5: So can you do garlic song onion salt?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Not only for doing that? How many weeks you're doing that? Well?
Speaker 4: I actually you know what, I caved andate toast yesterday, which I'm not well bread, I was going to do it.
Speaker 5: Don't judge yourself. It's still part of the twelve steps, you know. Just accept you've got no power over a garlic and toast. Oh you really relapsed? Sorry, my name's Jackie. Got a problem. Yeah, I had a bit of granary yesterday and I don't feel good about myself. Some toast you are, man, you're kind of slow down suns. There's no way. I was about to say, there's no way you're keeping up any kind of diet restrictions and healthy living when your little lad comes in. But day's Jackie board, because you know what's like when we're really tired. You're not chopping up an iceberg letters? Are you?
Speaker 1: Seriously?
Speaker 5: You actually see that stuff? Way Toast is a really good go to, isn't it? Toast is reliable? So Jackie boy, I know tomorrow is the induction day. How are things at home now?
Speaker 4: Bianca is running out of ways to nest at this place. We're ready, the the everything is ready for him. He's got everything you'll ever need. He's got his nursery, he's got his cart, he's got his nappies.
Speaker 5: Everything.
Speaker 4: So she's now started to rearrange the kitchen. The kitchen was fine, by the way, no problem with where things were. But yesterday everything came out of the drawers. Everything was going to.
Speaker 5: Every two months, always on a Sunday. It's always on a Sunday. Right where she starts to rearrange the kitchen, then snaps right and I don't even know what I've bloody started this, Chris, and I go, I'm just going to go out for a bit, and what the dogs might want?
Speaker 4: No part of this and maybe this.
Speaker 5: You know, when you too far into it, you can't you can't go back. And just once you mentioned the empty out the knives and the forks and stuff like that, like this is today. You can't put this back in an hour. This is the day written off now. So was that bianche yesterday?
Speaker 4: No, I reckon the snap might still be coming. So yesterday she was actually and quite I've never seen so happy. Really, she was so happy that things were going into a new location. You know, the kettle's on the other side of the kitchen. Now that to where the cups are, the spices are weather.
Speaker 5: What about that toaster? So when you had that relapse, you could still find the toaster okay.
Speaker 4: Toasts on the other side. Honestly, this morning was like living in a mirror because my kettle's on one side where it used to be the toaster. But there's still stuff now. The plates still don't have a home, the cookbooks don't have a home, and the pants.
Speaker 5: The exod on the top. There no home for the plates.
Speaker 4: So maybe the snap is still coming. But she, I mean she had a small ear to ear yesterday getting those, getting the spices in the manster.
Speaker 5: And you know what's coming in about forty eight hours time, involving pushing a kid out. That's all grave, isn't it? No wonder you're smiling because you know what inevitably is coming, drawing closer and closer.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Passy, What's going on in your world? What's happening way out west?
Speaker 3: No two words this morning, Christian anal Glens.
Speaker 5: How is your husband.
Speaker 3: Had to take the beast to the vet? Not my husband, Presley.
Speaker 5: It surprised me if you did take him to the vet.
Speaker 3: On the scales I had to take him yesterday. He's got those they call them a jew law, you know, like the doggy thumb them all no, it's called a juke law.
Speaker 5: And we'll get a check on that scene in Oh, thank god, that's what was missing. No, that's where it was. It was lost in translation. It's like there's no way can be got.
Speaker 4: Who knows they're out. They just walk back to the pavilion.
Speaker 5: It's when people goes, well, no, no, no, it's fine, it's fine, it's fine. That doesn't stop. So anyway, the duke claws you as.
Speaker 3: In on the grass in the morning on.
Speaker 5: A lovely winter's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yes, anyway, it's it grows very very fast. And his nails are like iron. You can't cut through them. No, they're very hard. They're very very hard.
Speaker 5: She feels like you've got some sort of werewolf. He's got anal problems and he's got claws. You can't cut the poor old thing.
Speaker 3: He didn't have a good day yesterday, so he had to have the nails trimmed. And then I said to it, what.
Speaker 5: About his ass? He's got all that going on. Some one out giving me a manicure or a petty shot out the old butt cheeks. When he sits down, you're gonna need a rubber ring, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Said, he's been scooting along the carpet, and I thought he must have had throw up?
Speaker 5: Is in his bottom? Funny snail trails? He's down there, so is it? Chris Well?
Speaker 3: I thought he had worms and the vet said no. I said, but I can't. This is a terrible discussion, like it's out of six, I said, I do look at his poo poos and I don't see anything that shouldn't be in there, so I don't know if he does.
Speaker 5: What do you mean you look at his poop poos? Who are your pantsy?
Speaker 3: What's always Chris and ORDI don't you look at your poo? It's always a good indication of what your body's doing when you look at your.
Speaker 5: Poo ocasion, I do you have a little glance? Yes, that's interesting one bit of corn. I think Hollywood stars do that. The next famous personal interview when he's at a number two, he just has a little cheeky plants down and go.
Speaker 3: Anyway, getting back to the poopoo in the word can we thank you? Said no, I don't. I don't think he has. He looks pretty good, but he might have blocked anal glance And I said, what what?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: What are anal glands.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean you can guess what they are around that area.
Speaker 3: What purpose do they serve? And she said, well when they block what they do they put like a fine clear film over their poopoos. It's just like a natural thing. No, but they get blocked and you have to squeeze them like a pimple. And I just watched her.
Speaker 5: Not us it just I know they say they're man's best friend, but I'm not doing that to any.
Speaker 4: I don't know about this film, the cling wrap around the pooh. I don't know if my dog's doing that.
Speaker 3: No, well I haven't noticed it either, Jack.
Speaker 5: But what about all your examinations. You're going to need a new microscope now in the lab.
Speaker 3: So anyway, they get the big gloves on and proceeds, Yes, and it was it was the student vet.
Speaker 5: Of course, it was the guy that owns the practice, who's got the old Bentley out of the back. He's done that years ago, not anymore. Well, Marie, if you want to be a vet, you start squeezing. But it's international Woman's Day, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So she's I said, what's it like down there? I didn't want to have a look, I said, seriously, what do.
Speaker 5: You think it's like horrible and squeezing a dog's ass? How's your Tuesday going? She's ticking goals back here she squeezes it.
Speaker 3: She goes, it's like a bimble, and I said really, and then it just drains off and they've got one either side, so they have to do too. And then he's happy.
Speaker 5: Actually get the phoenish. She could carry off like a pilipbuster for another three or four minutes. She was asking, how are things going out West?
Speaker 1: You know Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Good morning to listener Tyson Wheeln who's just had to turn the show off, but he turned it back on again tomorrow morning, said he must throw up in his mouth. Listen to Patsy go on relent to say about dogs as you need to find us another listener, Patsy to balance it all out.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian know Connall Show podcasts.
Speaker 5: All right, okay, so this week we start a brand new at Z made up of your old band name. So if you used to be in a band, no matter how short lived they were, some of them are that you talked about actually had a couple of albums out here are the ones we had yesterday is it time to no my word, No, we didn't call it.
Speaker 7: We ended up being called Evlynch Bone, Pa Dutch Ovan Loven.
Speaker 8: If I be the Fried Reich band.
Speaker 9: My two brothers they started a band called Grimlin.
Speaker 8: I was in a band called the MBT, Mad Dog, Central Rocking, the Royals, Twist and the Fake Uncle Fister and the mccaulay's.
Speaker 5: Right Jackie Boy. Which one's are wide open?
Speaker 4: So these are the spots to feel if you ever had a band with a name starting with j K, L N, O, p q, V, w X, Y or Z.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: You used to be in a band? What were they called some of these old band names. Jack Bost used to be one called show Pony. Before the end of this year, we will be doing something. I've made a promise off air. Can't say anything too much, but he said too much today. You know, I'm definitely not chat day. I'm not interviewing Robbie Williams. Okay, there needs to be in that's too much speculation already about this. You haven't had the last of Show Pony. That's all last safe for now. Robbi Williams are going to speak him today and get him to join the band. All right, Jackie boy, what are the old There are squeaky bums all around studio right now, Jackie boy, what are What are the man names we've had so far?
Speaker 4: From letter A avalanche, B for bone, lazy, C crude, molasses, D Dutch Oven, lovin E excessive flatulence, F fried Rice band, G for gremlin, H for hoof, hearted, I for ignacius.
Speaker 5: Biscuit, Oh yes, I forgot about that.
Speaker 4: M for mad Dog, Central, R for rocking, the Royals, S for show, pony, T for twisted and fate and you for Uncle Fester and the mcaulay's all.
Speaker 5: Right, let's get some more. Quentin, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian, Jack and Patch. How are you today?
Speaker 5: We're good, Quinchin. How's your week going so far?
Speaker 7: Oh I'm not too bad, not too bad. Nice day today, so it's going to be good.
Speaker 5: All right, k chip off you go. What band have you got for us?
Speaker 7: Okay, so I've got j for you. I've got Jagged Edge. That was a band I played in in eighty seven to about eighty mourn up around the Maljura area where I grew up.
Speaker 5: Wow, and what were you in the band.
Speaker 7: Keyboard and vocals?
Speaker 5: Yeah, original songs. So are you doing covers?
Speaker 7: No, we were doing covers. So we were all in our in our late teens early early twenties with this band.
Speaker 10: So yeah, now what do you do?
Speaker 5: Do you play pubs? We were getting work.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we were doing night the nightclubs. So there was a Carlisle Club, the Settlers Club. We go to Robin vaugh do the Robin Vail Club. We did a gig in broaken Hill and yeah, but we played just about Thursday, Friday, Saturday night just about every week someway.
Speaker 5: Did you love it? It's a good fun, absolutely being a band with your mates. It's like your rock stars living the dream of the weekend.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, it used to encroach on my normal daily work a little bit, you know, come Friday, I was a bit tired, But it's all right.
Speaker 5: And what broke the band? Did? Life just get in the way and you had to just crack on with life.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I ended up joining the Navy, so I still played.
Speaker 5: Passive rock and roll. Story isn't It's what so many mans boke up eventually, you know they want to think about joining the navy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, no, I've played. I've played to take all my Stuff on the ship and played around halfway around the world.
Speaker 5: I love that. Cheer up on the boat, Sorry, what to cheer people up on the boat? All the troops.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, Yeah, we'd have stupid barbecues. You know, we'd go to anchor somewhere and you know, the boys would be fishing. Guys would be fishing off the back of.
Speaker 5: The keyboards, laying down, some little smooth beats in the background. Yeah, missing you.
Speaker 12: Sailing away?
Speaker 13: Yeah, beautiful.
Speaker 5: All right, Quentin, thank you very much. Lovely to chat to you. I have a good day, Yeah you too.
Speaker 7: Thanks you guys, love the show.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Mick, good morning. I'm good Mick. What was the name of your old band mate Paranoid great Now and I'm guessing sort of quite a heavy sort of rock band named after a great rock song. You've got to be a big rock band. And what were you in? The band?
Speaker 10: Was one of two drummers, double drummers steady.
Speaker 5: I remember actually think Abbat on their Australian tour had double drummers. I remember reading a fact about it once they had double drummers. I was like, why would happen? To need two drummers, well the extra percussion, but same with that band. Also your band Paranoid, Yeah, and we were just as popular. Yeah, all right, Mick, have a good day, thanks for calling. We've got p for Paranoid Adam six Adam Yeah, yeah, good morning guys. What's it was? Your band called was my son's band.
Speaker 12: It was king up in the carnival. They started off as a duo, a blues duo, and then they had a couple of other mates come and play, and then a girl come and sing. And actually they had some really really they used to write all their own stuff. They had some good everybody used to sing. Everybody wrote their own songs, so they had a great genre to the to the band, but it was mainly blues. They had, you know, did quite a few gigs residents at the Toe and because it was our son's band, Memoife used to find ourselves going off to setting the alarm and waking up with like ten thirty eleven o'clock to go and catch a giving at fitz Roy That yeah, it was pretty cool, but.
Speaker 5: Not ten o'clock in the evening to go and have a bit of ten thirty that you hadn't earn y that. Do you mean in the morning to set up because you live so far away.
Speaker 12: No, no, no, no, yeah, we'd have a bit of a nap before we get.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of this last orders at the beginning, Mom and dad, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 12: The first gig I think they played at a pubb in Ligon Stray carp and we were at the first gig. And then yeah, they sort of got more more going.
Speaker 5: And look, you sound about eighty of them on stage scene. It's like, okay, fire, they're out numbering the audience. There's only five people watching. The Old King Puppy King Puppy by the way, a blues band, aren't they.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah they are. Look and they used to. Yeah, they packed out the tope when I was playing there. So it was good good. It was good for us because we found places that we'd never been before, you know, the underground.
Speaker 4: Into town, rocking up with your nightcap on.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the olds are here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's great. This is apporting him, Adam, thank you very much.
Speaker 12: And cal As Carla Brighter.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Last few remaining letters, so we try and tick off the alphabet, and today we need your old band names. Jack, what are the letters that we don't have any of our listeners old band names for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we need to feel the back end of the alphabet, LNO, Q, V, W, X, Y and Z.
Speaker 5: All right, let's see what Seal's got for us.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 5: How are you? I'm good, Thanks for calling the show. What have you got for us?
Speaker 14: Juel seen a band acapella band in the late eighties and nine, and we did a bit of motown covered harmonies and it was lots of fun. Just played at the Green Men in High Street, Amena and yeah, it was really really enjoyable.
Speaker 5: Playing in a band with your friends, specially doing something like motown songs. She must have been very good. And what were they called?
Speaker 14: Uh, well, we we did quite a few brisbone blues and then myle Lorraine, that was the song I don't want to give you a couple of tunes on and that it was good.
Speaker 4: But what were they called?
Speaker 13: For?
Speaker 5: Someone to help me out? Yeah, we're trying nanny down here, slipperty old fox. They called of the band called what we're talking about?
Speaker 14: What was the band called?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, that's it. Where lovely? Thank you very much, she called him. That is a lot great. How did you get his takeaway order? What do you want? Uh? Food? Lovely? It's memories.
Speaker 4: Looked at you like you were crazy for asking, and that's the question.
Speaker 5: Now, very dare you Christians on the line? One in Christian? Yeah, I'm good, I'm good, good. And what was your band name?
Speaker 10: Called the queue head with the letter queue and some of the boys just to have a sharehouse in que and that's where that originated from.
Speaker 5: The pad just sounds like a report, doesn't it. What went on at the cue Pad? We'll leave it there.
Speaker 10: No, it was a bit diking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, genuinely meant that. We'll leave it there, all right, Thanks Christian. Let's go to yes. Nancy Attorning on us. Nancy, good morning, Hey, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 16: How are you going going.
Speaker 5: Struggling at the moment, actually struggling. And Nancy, what was your old band name called?
Speaker 16: Okay, well, it wasn't my band name. It's my best friend and brother from another mother over in Canada. He was in a band called zucker Baby, like Mark Zuckerberg, but zucker Baby, and they opened up for in excess back in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 15: Wow, the fame.
Speaker 5: That's incredible.
Speaker 16: And yeah, I can't say that I remember seeing them because that was about thirty some years ago for me, maybe maybe thirty. I can't remember.
Speaker 5: A baby, he's not exactly a Facebook that predates Facebook.
Speaker 16: Let's put it this way. It was back when everybody had hair, all right.
Speaker 5: So zuker baby, Thank you very much. We're wondering. We gotta chick. It's all that is. Thank you very much. What's happened the pranks on us? We'll take one last one then we're reset everything.
Speaker 17: Freddy fred Hey, hey, good morning both to speak to you and you Freddy boy Freddie.
Speaker 5: What was your old band name called?
Speaker 15: Well, it's a bit of a mixer, I should say. Originally back in the late seventies early eighties, we used to be called blitz pop rock. But these days, after a number of decades of not playing, we've started getting together again and just having jam sessions and we relabel ourselves old boys noise. We're all in our sixties and just about once a month we get together and make a bit of noise out here at my place and do the usual things such as upset the neighbors. So it brings back pleasant memories like that. So yeah, Old Boys Noise.
Speaker 5: You're never too old rock and roll, Freddy boy. And what's the average age of the band? What are you in your your fifties, your sixties, sixties?
Speaker 15: Now the youngest one is probably sixty one sixties.
Speaker 5: I love the fact that you're still rocking it and your neighbors are yelling over the face that round.
Speaker 17: And in nineteenagers, Well look, I'll tell you like I said, it brings back we know we're doing it right when we're getting a complaints. So yeah, all right, so the name again, Old Boys Noise.
Speaker 5: Old Boys Noise. Love it all right, Fred have a good day thanks to calling.
Speaker 1: Cheers the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah what a tune when the Lights Go Out? From nineteen ninety eight. In Rolling Stone's Top seventy five Greatest Boys Songs of All Time, it's at number sixty eight. B side is called the Screams Nineties B side is called slam Dunk Dafunk. I had the single me too.
Speaker 4: I remember, I remember slam Dunk the Funk.
Speaker 5: When I one of the first ever radio interviews I did when I started breakfast radio when ninety eight was with five and in the interview, right they one of them said, I can't remember which one it was, right, They were all sort of interchangeable, to be honest, It's just a lot of hair and abs. One of them goes say, yeah, he sort of grabbed the microphoneywhere it was it was English, right, and it was sort of went to a very pop posh school. But he cat like, yeah, yeah, anyway, this, yeah, we did. We're going to give Backstreet Boys Sleepless Nights, thinking that we can't put it in the future, but that ain't gonna happen. Money, that ain't gonna happen. And the history back me on that one. You did not give them Back Street Boys sleepless Nights, but that song is a banger. What how you doing?
Speaker 3: Welcome to the nineties.
Speaker 5: I like to flay.
Speaker 11: I make this look good, Miss the ship Field, because nineteen ninety you care hand on the true go up.
Speaker 1: Her Christian O'Connell's eight of the nineties.
Speaker 5: Yeah baby, all right. The letter this week it's all about letter is letter f Thank you very much. Every week he comes the next ready to do those for us. It's all about the letter F before we get into Furby's and flip phones. The movie that Jack and I watched yesterday, it's about viewing number eight or nine for me, was this seminal classic from the nineties directed by John Woof, starring two megastars, John Travolta and Nick Cage Face Off.
Speaker 18: I've been chasing this guy ever since I joined the Force. He's the most dangerous and brilliant criminal mind I've ever known. And now, after all this time, I finally figured out a way to trap him, will become him.
Speaker 12: Whether way, try terrorism for a hireable, blot some stuff up, it's more fun.
Speaker 18: Plan be Let's just kill each other.
Speaker 5: What a movie. One of the greatest comedies ever made. Only thing is they didn't make it as a comedy as watching it yesterday, seriously, about the eighth of the ninth time, there's so many much what I'm crying with laughter because it's so over the top and ludicrous. It's very clear that they just came up with the title face Off, and then worried about the sort of plot, script, character development, all those proper things barely even wired about this just because it's called face Off. They have a surgical operation. They remove each other's faces and wear them so Jack before we go any further, we're both very, very excited about Face Off. How would you describe to people we've never seen this movie the actual plot.
Speaker 4: Well, try to do it justice. The king of all premises is it's John Travolta. He's an agent, he's the good guy. Nicholas Age he's a terrorist, he's the bad guy. John Travolta catches him early in the film, puts him in a coma. While he's in a coma, he's still got a bomb somewhere in la that they don't know where it is. So in order to infiltrate his gang and his brother who built the bomb, he's got to where surgically remove the face of Nick Cage and put it on his own. And then his own face goes in a little jar by his.
Speaker 5: It's just like, you know, this, this most dangerous criminal in the world, right there's not anyone guarding him. His John Travolta's face is just in a bowl next next to a cage, right in like a like saining solution. He've an to contact lens Us in Cage suddenly wakes up without his face from a coma just suddenly clacks up and then guess what happened?
Speaker 4: It is he he garts John Travolta's He finds John Travolta's face.
Speaker 5: That looks like I'm doing it.
Speaker 4: It's like table. He he puts the John Travolta's face on it, and all of a sudden, now our too.
Speaker 5: Face lips or eyes, and he has a cigarette.
Speaker 4: He's having a cigarette watching the he's watching the vision of John Travolta's face get transferred in the original surgery. And then he gets the doctor in his game, brings the doctor in to do the same surgery on him. So you've got the ultimate premise. You've got two arch enemies looking each at each other, and they've switched faces, and everybody believes that Nick Cage is John Travolta, and everybody believes John Travolta is Nick Cage in Sue, the best movie ever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is one of the greatest movies of all time. And the thing is, John Travolta actually does take on an effect the mannerisms of Nick Cage. Nick Cage doesn't bother or they were scared of him, because when you watch this it's a very heavily caffeinated performance. Well, I think actually they were just like, we don't even speak to him. Why is he in every that he's actually mad in this stage? Is actually mad in this? What about it? When the doctor's explaining what you know? And this isn't set in the future, it's set in the nineties. It's set there right where they're explaining the complex procedure, but something the doctor is so matter of fact about it. It's almost like they're sort of repairing like a hamstring injury or something like that.
Speaker 17: The inside is modeled on your skull, all right, Yeah, the outside exact in and out within a day.
Speaker 1: Then we fit his.
Speaker 6: Face on top, not a wrapper, but the real thing.
Speaker 5: Then we simply.
Speaker 1: Connect the muscle duc centerve d.
Speaker 11: So you want to take his face in mind barrel.
Speaker 4: Incredible And that is crazily not even in my top three of most ridiculous parts of the film.
Speaker 5: All right, so you've got a top three of craziest parts of Face Off. We'll get into the.
Speaker 1: Next Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: We're into our eight s of the nineties. This week, we're up to and into the Letter F movie. Jack and I watched yesterday one of the greatest movies, not just of the nineties but all times, Face Off Tron travolt If you had to pick one movie where Nick Cage achieved ultimate Nick Cage powers, this is it. It's there's no way that he was directed. There are so many bits in there that don't make sense. There's this yelling that doesn't fit the scripts or even the scene. It's a crazed, fueled, fueled performance by Nick Cage. And I can't. I can't, I wouldn't. I can't recommend another movie that would give you so much fun watching it. That's fair to say, isn't it. Jack.
Speaker 4: I saw The Batman this week, a big blockbuster movie, breaking all kinds of records. I much more enjoyed Face Off than I did The Batman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Looking, Yeah, it's like looking in a mirror.
Speaker 14: Not so.
Speaker 5: She got Travolta and Cage. Travolta chasing Cage finally works out away fire. I love it when they go finally have worked out where to get this guy who's been tracking for you. He killed his son. Why do we think of all the time? I mean, they're all over the world, don't they law enforcement agencies. We'll just take his face off his and put it onto my right there, right there. That's simple eye. This is going to change law all over the world, now, won't it. And so they have each other's faces, and Travolter does do this amazing job of affecting all the mannerisms, and he doesn't do an impression, but it's almost like an impression of Nick Cage doesn't He throughout the rest of the movie was Cage doesn't.
Speaker 4: He's just cagege even though it's meant to be John Travolta's character. And also the face which leads to one of my favorite scenes in the film where Nicholas Cage, in handcuffed ready to infiltrate the prison, is rubbing his face against the wall because his face itches after the surgery. Because he's in handcuffs. He has to get his buddy at the force to itch his face for him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And also the doctor said, hey, listen, it's one of the rare movies as well that actually mentions the title in a scene as well, because the doctor goes, they just can't ever get into a face off and start shooting each other. He goes to Travolta, who's now obviously Nick Cage. You know, whatever you do, you just can't get into a fight. Fast forward to he's in the prison, being punched repeatedly like in a UFC fire ground and bound in the face. And then to escape the prison, he jumps, like I'm not exaggerating, one hundred foot into the sea. And what is it about all those sort of action movies where the helicopter like shooting into the sea. He's escaped the buddet somehow, right, And they gave up really quick looking for these evil criminals, didn't they. Once you're in a helicopter, they're going to come up for air. Just stay up there. The heeddicopters has gone point. Once they go in the sea, we never ever find them again. All right, Jack, what are your top three craziest moments a crazy movie? All right?
Speaker 4: Here are the top three takeaways from Face Off and Now. Despite being a violent movie with the crazy procedure of swapping faces, the most unsettling part for me was actually the way that John Travolta showed his family affection by slowly stroking an open hand down the faces of his loved ones. I forget this to.
Speaker 5: His son trying to blow us all up.
Speaker 4: He did it to his daughter, he did it to his wife.
Speaker 5: I've never seen that move from a dad anywhere. And you and Jack goes you that. I mean, I'm a very affectionate dad hung in every day. I've never seen before.
Speaker 4: I tried to do it to be Anchors, like, hey, will this feel nice? And she pulled her head away and said, don't do that. Feel it feels offensive for you to run your hand down my face. Takeaway number two. So the FBI, when they're meant to be the good guys, right, they're catching this terrorist. They go into the bad He's lair and the terrorist son is in there, and John Travolta has to honestly save the son from getting shot to pieces by the FBI. Didn't there's no reason for the FBI to be shooting a little five.
Speaker 5: Year old boy not involved in it in any way. He's just an innocent bystander.
Speaker 4: That leads me to my final takeaway. And this is a spoiler, So turn off now if you want to watch Face Off. John Travolta comes home at the end of the movie. He's got the little boy, the son of his arch enemy, and without consulting his wife essentially brings him adopted.
Speaker 5: We've adopted almost this movie. He comes to the house, Yeah, case, just come in, maute, look what I've got? Like you got a puppy from the pound. And I was like, show me room's h what John? We need to talk about this, right? Who is that?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 11: That is that.
Speaker 5: Him?
Speaker 4: What about? Wait?
Speaker 5: He's in surgery having his face put back on right towards the in the movie for and they keep making a big deal about the agony, as be the stitches, the sutras and all this. Then suddenly right Travolta backs himself just makes his own way home from the hospital. Every time I watched this movie, I'm like, she couldn't pick him up. She knows what he's been through. Right, he's had his face removed, and he's got reattached. He's almost died. He saved the world essentially, Well, la, and what yes? Does this get a taxi? Got to make his own way home? It bugs me every time night she couldn't go and pick him up.
Speaker 4: She looked surprised as well as if he didn't even call to say hey, just so you know, surgery went perfectly and my face is back.
Speaker 5: On you said it Friday. Now I've got Zimber in an hour. Oh, I think there's some leftovers in the Redge rug shot. You said I was coming to get you Friday. Wait, who's the little kid that's our son? Now? My favorite? One of my favorite lines. And there are two great lines in this towards the end, Sorry I killed you dad? To that on the greatest lights in the movie. Ever, how could someone type can we actually say this? And put it on Celiloyd forever? The other one is where they are facing off against each other, these two arch rivals, wearing each other's faces, and they've got guns pointing at each other, and then other people from their rival crews, their sort of backups, all turn up. So at one point there must be a right ten people with guns all pointing each other, and then travolter is Gauge just goes, what a predicament? Ten out of ten? This movie is a ten out of ten.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Day by day, more businesses are announcing their sanctions against Russia, and rightly so. I've just seen that Mackas are closing temporarily all their Russian. No more happy males for you, Russia and Orbit. That is the thing that's going to turn Putin's own people against them. No happy meals. Suddenly, I reckon there could be a revolt. This might be the thing that breaks this all right, So two of the letter F for the ninety whom as these little things ferbiesby really need me?
Speaker 1: And the more you love them, I'll take care you.
Speaker 11: The more they do love you, the may me herby so separately.
Speaker 1: Batteries not included.
Speaker 5: That just that, by the way, that phrase batteries not included. I can't tell you how many Christmas days have been ruined where my wife looks at me. I told you, I did you. It was the only about three things you had to do for the whole day. Get the double a's or those horrible little round sell ones that they needed. You know what are they? Those horrible sell ones? The vault ones are twelve one, the thirty six those But yeah, ferbies were basically in their creepiness up there with cabbage patch dolls. Did you like the furbies, Patsy?
Speaker 3: I did, but I never had one. My girlfriend had one.
Speaker 5: If I had to describe one too, are.
Speaker 4: You you would have been in your twenties, then why'd your girlfriend.
Speaker 3: She was into all that sort of you know, what do you call that sort of stuff when you're in your early twenties You like a kid still, you know you're into.
Speaker 5: All that, all that jack you know that well known word. It's a word, isn't that immature?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it.
Speaker 5: They were like it looked like a gremlain basically with a beak. I don't know how these things became a big worldwide phenomena and it came back a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: It's because they were I remember it very much being a toy of the future in the nineties, and because he was a robot essentially, and he looked like a very soft toy, but he had a toy.
Speaker 5: Of the future would be.
Speaker 11: Midnight what they do Love's pictures.
Speaker 5: In them.
Speaker 4: He was the first robotic toy and he could couldn't he see through his beak or something and watch you and then respond to what you were doing.
Speaker 5: It wasn't the first robotic toy. They were like robot toys before that. Do you think we were just playing with fire and hope?
Speaker 4: He was the first AI type toilet and we know it now, not AI as we know it now, but he could do smarter things.
Speaker 5: To start a history podcast where you just re explain stuff. And how did he work?
Speaker 3: You fed him, didn't you?
Speaker 5: You had to feed him. They were quite sort of needy and stuff like. It was sort of a sort of a baby basically. Was it some sort of obviously AI futuristic alien baby as Jack probably saw it and stuff like that. But for a lot of schools there were banned because they were noisy, they would go off during class and stuff like this sort of banned. So I want to I want to talk to on then. What was banned from your school? I remember, it's going to make me sound like a thousand year old man. I remember when Marbles were a great game, and I thought there was a game of the future. They were AI and I it was a little eye that could see into the future of psyclops playing against other little cyclops, eye the plural. I loved Marble, and I know why. Look about why they were banned because rarely again wouldn't involve a punch on. You know, you would just take on your mates if they beat you. They would always do that. Movie just kicked all the marbles out of the room and then just swing at one of your good friends because he's has taken your beloved cat's eyes or a tom bowler. They might eyed and joy, weren't they cat's eized and the tom Bowler. I don't think I've said that word since I was a kid playing marbles. I still love playing marbles.
Speaker 4: They were also sort of a black market of sorts because they had their different values. A cat's eye is actually at our school were the least valuable of the marbles.
Speaker 5: Tom bona that was a really really good one to get einst.
Speaker 4: Your big boy. Yeah, and we even had we had a whales eye which was even bigger than the tombola.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was right, there's like a wrecking more. There was an art, a fine art at two marbles perhapsly do you have anything band of your school?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we couldn't play the Boys. Couldn't play British Bulldog because too many kids got injured. There's broken arms and everything else with.
Speaker 5: It, but a great game. Still love playing that.
Speaker 3: And Rubik's Cubes in the air and yeah, welcome the Devil not the Bible. Yeah, it's so sick of kid God.
Speaker 5: The Nundo of.
Speaker 3: Excuse under the desk, thinking that the teacher couldn't say.
Speaker 12: It's so.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the question of Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Took my marbles band from your school. Marbles were bound for mine up to about eleven I think it was when they stopped playing it. Still used to play. My girls used to love playing marbles. It was a big thing three of us used to do. After I picked them up from school on Friday. Used to play marbles right an hour. So I love playing that.
Speaker 4: Marbles went through every generation.
Speaker 5: Your still play marbles. You'll play marbles with them, won't you think?
Speaker 4: I think so. I wish I kept my marble bags, keep it going. Actually, when we.
Speaker 5: Sounds like a really wrong phrase is the marble bag I'm showing some online dictionary. We should never look at marble bag. I think we've accidentally stumbled something and my son my marble backs. I don't easy anymore. Anyway, you're playing marbles with your son.
Speaker 4: Yes, When we had marbles band at our primary school, they had one day called Marble Day the day before Is it banned forever? Like I get it out of your system? Which even during the classes that we didn't have any lessons that during the classes we built giant marble rocks and that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: Were the greatest day of his school life, wasn't it When there was marble day? It was leanne, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning. We had click clacks at our school that was banned because you ended up with broken wrists and arms.
Speaker 5: And you must remember click clacks perhaps each remember those school.
Speaker 3: I don't what were click clacks.
Speaker 9: Click claes was like a piece of string with a ring in the middle and a really hard ball on each end, and then you'd hang them down from the middle and then bang together at the bottom and you'd have to bang them and get them going at the bottom, and then you'd flick the string and you'd flick them up to the top, bang together.
Speaker 5: Then the giant click clack noise basically hence the name. These things are lethal, like I'm pretty sure it's some medieval sort of weapon. They used to whirl them around their heads and throw the Game of Thrones there click claps not in Game of Thrones.
Speaker 9: I've still got a pair and i'd pull them out and my kids playing.
Speaker 5: Look Ninja. You know nanchucks. You can use them, and thank you very much and gorm have a good day, No worries by Jessica. Hi guys, Jessica. For some reason, they label the art here Jessica Brackets twenty five the.
Speaker 19: Yeah I love your show, guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, said the twenty year olds were a happening thing, Jessica. What was banned at your school?
Speaker 20: So we had something called a neo pit, which was something you got from Macis and the Happy Meal. It used to be kind of like a pretty long card or a yuyeo card, So you got the little soft toy, these like little aliens, and it had a card with statistics on it, and the kids used to kind of like swap them compete, and then they used to end up in fisty cuffs when people lost, like a really good or really rare one fisticuffs.
Speaker 5: I love that for these fisticuffs. Yeah, I remember anything. You're playing cards, trading cards equaled bolence. Yeah. Yeah, it's like a prison yard. Sudden, then the schoolyard became the prison yard, wasn't it. People being shipped with the compasses and protractors. Yeah, those cards. Why did we go crazy for them?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: Back now is and I don't know it was just a card with some starter on. Prepared to fight your mess mate for one of those, Jessica, that's a great one. Thank you very much to me for your call. No, thank you, Richie. Ye, yeah, good Richie. We'll get band at your school.
Speaker 13: I got moon Rocks band at my school.
Speaker 5: I am drugs. Do you mean what the moon Rocks?
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, well sorry goes that way there the lollies that like explode in your mouth. Oh yeah, and they I used to be able to get them for like five cents cheaper than anyone else in the school. And they come in a little blue envelope, you know, with a with a Martian on the front, and.
Speaker 5: They were actually but anyway, yeah, let's go with it.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Yeah, So I went to school and I had a bit of a syndicate going because I've got murried your mate, and we will sealarise moon Rocks at school. You know. Anyway, it's a long story short of a dragon into the office. The moon Rocks got banned.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but all that and the good days there with your contraband you must have made good money.
Speaker 13: Oh well, you know, five cents a pack. I think I was like fifteen ten or fifteen cents. Back then it.
Speaker 5: Got murrying for a bit of the action and stuff. And it's a syndicate, you know, which is you murry which isn't an effect a sindicate. But anyway, love, thank you very much. I'm a phone tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Small syndicates Room The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Time for this week a business like show business.
Speaker 14: I've wanted down the River with Judy Nunn, who played Al Shor's wife on Home and Away.
Speaker 9: About twenty years ago, my dad opened the Beatles' bank account.
Speaker 1: My mother once cooked for.
Speaker 9: Lee Marbham and William Holden, my humanity teacher, literally bumped into Rianna in Dennis.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell's Weakest Claim to Fame, You.
Speaker 5: Had me at Beetles' bank account, all right, So the lines are open. Goodness knows what amazing stories we're going to hear during the next twenty minutes. And always remember, every week on this no claim to fame is ever two week lucky, good morning, good morning, good morning. And on the way to school, oh yeah, I'm all my ways school, yeah yeah. And what's Wednesday? Good day? Bad day? Boring? Great?
Speaker 21: Actually I have music today, so it's not too bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you singing? What do you like to do for music?
Speaker 21: We're not all loudly everything, and it's kind of it's good because you don't have to really work, but it's a bit boring to you have to do tai chi.
Speaker 4: Music music and.
Speaker 5: Be beautiful. What a lovely school you go to? We did a very vormatite teacher lunch, right, but anyway, we got a British bulldog, but lovely and what's she cling to fame? For us?
Speaker 21: My uncle Paul, he worked on a TV show with Zach Effron.
Speaker 5: Did he wisch TV show?
Speaker 21: I think it wasn't Nature TV show? It was called killing Zac Efron because he wanted to change his reputation from a guy that like was in high school musical to a guy that likes things. And he's like, my uncle's a nature expert. So he was telling them all the information they needed and everything.
Speaker 5: That's pretty cool. So do you get a lot of nature information from your uncle?
Speaker 21: I guess so. Actually, my my uncle lives in Queensland.
Speaker 5: So and how was he at the moment? Is he okay?
Speaker 21: Oh yeah, yeah, he was my uncle's fine. But he when he came down. He actually had a bunch of pictures from the set and from the TV show and everything because and yeah, he had a bunch of pictures of zac Efron.
Speaker 5: I hope Zach was taking those pictures and your uncle wasn't hide him. Mihnd some nature or something in spine on him. Well, enjoy today, my young friend, and thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 9: Thank you, thank you now, thank you for your time, Christian, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Actually we got here now, Annie, Hi, hi, Christin, good morning, Welcome to the show. Your weakest claim to fame.
Speaker 19: My weakest claim to fame is John bon Jovi. Sweat fell on my mum's arm.
Speaker 5: Right here we go. Now we're into it, Okay, So that was John bon Jovi on stage.
Speaker 19: Or yeah, John was on totage and mum was She was climbing over over and to get to the front, and she reached her hand out to grab his and sweat fell on her arms. Then she she lifked it off.
Speaker 5: Harriet Lecter in this story, poor John right through living in a prairie is like I'm moving back security.
Speaker 4: That would put you off forwards.
Speaker 5: Sam. And the fact you know about this, it's not like it happened, and your mum kept it what she's passed it onto her daughter. You must preserve our family history.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's not a shame own it.
Speaker 5: We should all own. That's great. Thank you very much, you call. Have a good day. Thank you too, by my Aaron good. I'm good, Aeron. I hope you having a good week. So your weakest clean to fame?
Speaker 22: My weakest claim to fame would be a number of years ago I share and thought he can eat buffet with Arnold Schwartze.
Speaker 5: In an iither world, we'd have a buffet special right for her weakest claim to fame? Who what celebrity met tomorrow show? Guys, we'll get we'll get back into this. What famous people? I've seen one of the buffet once and they must have gone back three to times. And I know this person's like a multi platinum selling artist. Three three reviews? We all do too, but three? So how much food? Was only because he's a big guy, all those muscles he's got to be not protein? What was he eating?
Speaker 22: Well, he had a bodyguard with him that was twice his size. He got food under his plate, but he actually barely had a thing.
Speaker 5: What does he need protection at the buffet, Arnie, this is where if I was going to get you, I'd attack you at the buffet. The guy behind the omelet counter. We don't know if he's their guy, was going to take you out. We need to be ready. That's incredible. And where was this Aram?
Speaker 8: This is in Melbourne at the Conservatory I think who was out here for a one of his sponsored bodybuilding competition. Yeah, big did his food and hardly had a being.
Speaker 5: That's great, great eyewitness report. Thank you very much. Aaron. Okay, good morning, Martha Christian conn Why we get claim to fame is that I went to Dodney Lame when I was fifteen and I was on a teacup ride in front of Doogie Howser a KA Neil Patrick Harris Doogie Howser m D. My friend, the youngest medical gen in the world. What a great claim to fame.
Speaker 13: That's how he rolled. I reckon, he's on the tea cup.
Speaker 5: And when was this Mark?
Speaker 14: Ah, Well, I was fifteen, so we're talking the mid eighties.
Speaker 5: So it actually was when he was as a Doogie Houser m D.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I think so, he would have been about seventeen.
Speaker 7: I reckon.
Speaker 5: I guess he's got to take the Stephi's go off before you get on the tea cup because always that could it's someone in the face, you know, it's a it's a land and.
Speaker 7: The other sad point in this story is that I think we have matching baggy pants like the mc hammer one.
Speaker 5: What a look you were fifteen? Of course she did. That's amazing. That's brilliant. And was it the original? Tis you land in Anaheim?
Speaker 13: Yep? That was it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been on that tea cup ride with the kids. Good fun. That all right? Mark? Thank you? It is. It is good old classic teacup ride. Mark, thank you very much. You call me.
Speaker 8: I have a good day.
Speaker 5: I love a tea cup ride. Never that's extremes. It likes to get from me. Oh you know a Spinney teacup ride anyway, Matt, good morning.
Speaker 12: Yeah, here you're going.
Speaker 5: I'm good man. Welcome to the show. And what's your a weakest claim to fame?
Speaker 13: My wakest kind of same?
Speaker 15: Our family friend is a hand double for James Spader out of the black List.
Speaker 5: Wow, I just need to say everything down right now. So James Spader's hand double.
Speaker 10: Yes, Yes, that's how much work.
Speaker 14: I get to say.
Speaker 15: When he was doing one of the episodes was the operation and the story he saw was a hand and that was his team that.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to change. Spade was such a big deal when when he goes get the other guy, he has a hand double that this is incredible. How did you find this out about your friend? Were you just casually talking one day, you know, and you having a beer. You've got beautiful looking hands. Well, I don't like to talk about it, but I'm actually James Spader's hand double.
Speaker 4: Oh you're watching the Blacklist and you go, I recognize.
Speaker 13: This because he's been he's been in a few different shows. It's just like a background person.
Speaker 15: And then get the bed that he was doing this and we said now.
Speaker 13: And then we looked at him and doesn't look nothing alike.
Speaker 5: The hands pretty well, anyone else here won't saying, I don't know where he's going? Is it further down the mind shoft? Sorry? Mate. As as he was getting more interesting, it was like a sick games The secret sound.
Speaker 13: Stupid. I hate it.
Speaker 17: That's okay, okay, that's just as he's got really hairy hans.
Speaker 15: I don't know how he got the double.
Speaker 5: Wait a lot. Well for the Plane of the Eights movies, if they need if they have an actor who's got a hairy hand, and they call up your man, don't they. They do the TV shows and stuff that we might have seen you mate his hands on.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he was in one of the episodes.
Speaker 13: There was in the background and they have a.
Speaker 12: Fight in the bar and he's at the bark on them.
Speaker 5: And then yeah, he.
Speaker 13: Was one of the in the Blacklea.
Speaker 16: It was one of the.
Speaker 5: Game guess a lot of work that shown to than James. It's the real stuff, all right, Matt, Matt, thank you very much to give us a call on that phone. Eh.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Thousands of bottles of Champagne Moey No Less have been recorded worldwide after they found to have traces of ecstasy in them. Interesting that I producer Rio saw this story. Champagne Charnie, he's known as widely on this show. He's actually seen on the background of a news report one day chomping on oysters and champagne Meridy, the young boy Prince of Paran No wonder you saw this story. How does one go about getting decent Mowe now paran. All right, so today with this posh news posh bands jacko once you imagine that where there's a festival called posh Fest posh Fest. Yeah, guess who's just been announced? The whom gold the rest Maybe not so. Jim Morrison's playing.
Speaker 4: Did you just rip that?
Speaker 5: No? I was going to do No, No, let's just rip another one up. I'm not riding that one out, just announced. Jim Morrison's playing us right in the doors, in the doors, string of pearls, jam who a string of pearls lovely, beautiful, so expressive, very fancy and indeed very posh silver plus gither you don't understand a string of pearls, Patsy, aren't they beautiful and lovely?
Speaker 3: String Mickey Moto string particularly oh, Mickey.
Speaker 5: Motol Mickey Moto not big brand. Someone's got a fiftieth coming.
Speaker 4: Up, start saving just dropping.
Speaker 5: Can you get those at Levisa?
Speaker 3: Go away?
Speaker 5: Oh that's where I was going to go for your rag off Dixie chic Dixie chek, the Dixie. What about system our system of a down big noisy band, but the posher version of them, that's right, system of a downtown abby Gold and finally, panic at the ballroom. We've run out of cavea Silver. Panic at that ball room, Jackie Boye, what have you got them? Posh bands?
Speaker 4: Oh this this next band coming on stage can be a bit uptight, snooty in the blowfish.
Speaker 5: Yes, Gold, that's good.
Speaker 4: And who's this posh DJ? That's Flashboy Slim. There are some expensive DJ decks. Bronze thought my Lime dropped out for a second.
Speaker 5: No, no, we wish it had. Nope, you're back.
Speaker 4: Ull La Lana del Rey.
Speaker 5: That's Gold plus the Lime strong end.
Speaker 4: And the mummers and the puppa's they were so running the meal. Just that's a common band. But not the mummies and the daddies.
Speaker 5: What they like Ma, Pa, Papa, Mama, Mummy, daddy. No say no, no, Bogans can go my mummy or daddy.
Speaker 4: Bogans aren't using mummy and daddy.
Speaker 5: They are Jack. You just cook back to your boat.
Speaker 3: I will not be the resident Bogan, thank you very much. No way, that is not on No, thank you order.
Speaker 5: Really out of order. I'm sorry about this. Young Avanda show is in turmoil right now, Bronze. For that, Jack, no cookies, get your hand out of the cookie.
Speaker 4: Jar, a bogan who wears a Mickey Moto.
Speaker 5: He's trying to wheedle his way back in. Don't nut in pants? Where's that baby coming?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast, pingcong Gold.
Speaker 5: One on four point three Christian O'Connell Show. Just give away two hundred and fifty dollars worth of ox Rabbit chocolate brownies. All right, time waster is posh bands, fancy bands, you're ready to mark? I am the I own this beach boys Silver, crowded penhouse, civil class. Anthony deserves more. That is smarter a crowded house, but a pen house.
Speaker 4: That's the best I can do.
Speaker 5: Thank you. The gilded doors broms too good for you?
Speaker 4: Two gold.
Speaker 5: You know the singer Christopher Cross, Yes he doesn't, which is why to say that, to make it easy for him. Christopher crossol gold so posh guns and posers silver. He's eats for falling over there, all right, sorry, Champagne, Fountains of Wayne silver. That's good zz top class took you a while, you know, it's only because for some reason the team are put through just a random load of names for me to read out now like my name is Jody and Stephen silver rolling gemstones silver, how beastly boys, Bronze, John Bon jovial.
Speaker 4: Is being jovial?
Speaker 5: Posh, No, not at all, No brands, William idle billy. I know I didn't select these, just a load.
Speaker 4: Of Someone needs to take a look in the mirror over there.
Speaker 5: Bronze, lavish guy.
Speaker 4: And that's better.
Speaker 5: Counting crowns, silver, bling one eighty two.
Speaker 4: That's it gold. Give them the cookies.
Speaker 5: Fuchua fuchia, Floyd silver, that's good. That's parture than pink fuchua uh silver, metallica fuc and spoon. I think having a full and spoon is posh and Australia obviously fastlow. But I love this one though. Radio Head up their own backside. That's sort of thing Dad says, isn't it. I'll give you bloody radio Head ready wed up their own backside. Him and Ai and salt and pepper him halay, And that's been a pink Himalayan. I love my pinks. Golly Parton, Oh gollice, she's golly good, you know, blink through a monocle that they get the cookies. Blink. They're a monocle. Come on, blink through a monocle. That is good.
Speaker 4: Give them the cookies, all right.
Speaker 5: You can have the cookies, all right. Tomorrow's show. Today, we have a load of your footy okay entries. We're asking you to pick a song and then write your own lyrics to that song, but about your footy team, the one that you barrack for. It's a week today. Footy is back a week today, Round one at the g. You've heard that special off. They've got the moment for the next is it twenty two hours, twenty two dollars. It's amazing for a round one game. Awesome deal. So we're asking to pick a song, any song, and then put your words to about your club like these bombers. Fans did this to Jimmy. Jimmy Barnes, working class man. This is my favorite at the moment. This is not a singing competition.
Speaker 1: Watching hard to kick your footy.
Speaker 12: Sheet.
Speaker 23: He's great.
Speaker 5: Big fans, the.
Speaker 23: Carry young, ready for the altogether now Ohnes and do ba all right.
Speaker 5: Aaron a blues fan, he's picked this. You remember this. We are the world the children banger from eighty five. Check this out. This is not a singing competition Queer blue Bloods. So are our children? Love it? Teamar the ones who made a bride day. So let's start winding. That's the stand up of looking for then email me. Yeah that's all they got. I did say thirty seconds guy, not five seconds, Poor Aaron, Email me your footy ok entries. The prize is.
Speaker 4: Jack Huge prizes to be one a sixty five inch Samsung four K Smart TV will sort you out with a Silver AFL membership for two adults two children, which is access to forty matches at the NCAG in Marvel over the twenty twenty two season, plus one thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 5: Well, don okay, you're gona email me your entries, So pick a song, any song, put your lyrics to it. Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au, thanks for listening. Back tomorrow a brighter not.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Christian o'carl Show podcast