Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything Good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, if you listen to our show, you're already one of us. But why don't we take it a step further? I invite you to join our exclusive bright Siders Platinum Club. You might have noticed I'll started calling the show the bright side of the Dial. It's our way of letting you know what are shows about, what we stand for. And the bright Side is Platinum Club is our very own inner circle. So come and join us. What do you get when you join the bright Side is Platinum Club? You get your own membership card. You can also get access to our private inner circle. It's a private Facebook group. In there are first alerts early ideas before they become anything on the show, which means you can outshape the show and also say no before something becomes ad idea on the show. You get the time wasters the day before when Rie and I come up with the ideas of the time wasters, you'll hear them before anybody else. Also, every Friday, dropping into your inbox a unique private message from me to all the bright Siders, only the bright Siders, not on air. So if you want to join us, the only thing I need you to do is text the word bright Siders to oh four seven five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: I look forward to seeing you in there. And now enjoy today's show.
Speaker 4: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Coome Morning, Pats, Welcome back everyone.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Alex Side morning, Hello, good morning Rio, Hello, Hello so nearveryone. Have a nice Easter, Patsy. How did you get on with the teenager?
Speaker 6: Oh well, yes, it's all right, it's getting there, But you know, I think it's a bit of a freaky Friday situation.
Speaker 2: In our house.
Speaker 6: It's like we have reverted roles because it's me, not the teen that's getting up at like eleven in the morning.
Speaker 5: It's been absolutely glad.
Speaker 6: What do you mean getting I've been like rolling out of bed at ten to eleven, five to eleven five past eleven.
Speaker 7: It's almost dark again.
Speaker 2: That those sort of grim Netflix documentaries you know about mum, that's just gone crazy. I think always the voice over then is caught creas and then they started to get up at mid day, and then how it starts?
Speaker 1: Who can sleep in that lake as a grown up?
Speaker 7: It's so good.
Speaker 6: Everyone goes to bed, and then I've got the whole TV to myself, which I don't normally have because I go to bed at like seven thirty eight.
Speaker 5: So I've been watching all.
Speaker 6: Of my picks and then going to bed at like quarter to twelve, so it's out of.
Speaker 7: Body for eleven hours. Mama, bed break through the night.
Speaker 5: I just like go right through.
Speaker 1: Like, so, what was your daughter during the school holidays that mum? Please? Can you go and play with me with just that hoop out in the yard.
Speaker 6: She's old enough, she's fourteen, she can get up and look after herself.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, fourteen the old latch key kids. That was our generation, not.
Speaker 5: Brill It's been so lovely just to fall out of routine. It's been wonderful.
Speaker 2: Has anyone seen Alex. I think you've already seen it project hell.
Speaker 1: Mary, Yes, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Guys, Go and see at the cinema. That is a proper old fashion Go and see at the cinema. It's a feel good movie. It's just what the world needs right now. They're even extending it for a longer run in cinemas around the world before it goes to streaming, so if you're waiting to watch it at home, you we waiting for another couple of months. It is fantastic. It is so good, Alex. I think that's one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen for years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I describe it as interstillar Mates, Guardians of the Galaxy.
Speaker 1: It's somewhere in between. It's that kind of space.
Speaker 2: Fun space gen this winter in Australia, anyone out for space fun.
Speaker 1: I've been describing it, Alex.
Speaker 2: It's because it's hard to describe, is it because I'm not We only went to see it because my wife's I've read the.
Speaker 1: Books and I hope they stray, they stay faithful.
Speaker 2: To the books, and my wife is a massive sci fi fan. So on holiday we went to see it to keep my wife happy, and then I left having cried and enjoyed it the most. Oh my god, it's so good. I've been describing it as et for grown ups.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Put down the posters, guys, Gosh, you can have that space fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, grown ups, it's it's brilliant. I tell you what.
Speaker 2: Ryan Gosling is just about the most effortlessly cool, funny and he can do series as well, like Blade Runner. It's a fantastic movie. One you really need to see it the summer.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he gets he doesn't get the pundits he deserves because he's attractive. Yeah, and I think people underrate how good of an actor he is because he's hot.
Speaker 7: But he's actually a very very good.
Speaker 2: App But what they've done this time in space, because he's going through some tough times up there, it's just him and the crap that he befriends is and I've changed my vision board as well. For the rest of my life. I want to now live in space forever with Ryan Gosling. You know, when you really get actually what you want from your life. I'm like, God, damn it that it was there all along, Me and Gosling, just together.
Speaker 1: Just us, just us wake up to Ryan every morning. Yes that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, it's you'll be glad you went to see it in a cinema. You cannot regum enough. And I think also what's happened is it's created this hue thing appreciation of space because Artemius too. Now, i know this happened a week ago, but I'm gonna play a song when we come back. I've got I'm really enjoyed watching the whole crew up there, the four of them thrown at the moon. It looked like set on fire. And now, after everything they mean through for like ten eleven days, was the only way they could get them out of that little tin can to drag them out, put them on a winch and chop of them across an ocean, dangling there, dangling there, undignified. Why couldn't they put them in any of the nineteen boats?
Speaker 1: The floatilla that was around them.
Speaker 7: Just sort of swinging in the breeze, taking.
Speaker 1: A cup of champagnes, getting them onto the boats.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Pat's gone back to bed, keeping on today, always keeping on her, but today especially so. Who else then found themselves getting heavily involved with the whole mission with those four amazing I've never seen astronauts and the NASA did a great thing with the Artemis two mission. They showed us more than we normally see, you know, the deal they did with Netflix, and even just how they shared everything. We've never had so much access to all of it. Okay, And and what sorts of different sign of them is more as human beings. Not there's these incredible engineers and high performers. They are really got to do something like that. And so the more you saw of what they were doing up there, and their personalities and just what good, decent kind souls they were. The bit where one of the guys who's a single dad, they they surprised them by aiming one of the creators after his late wife who died six years ago.
Speaker 1: Was that watching a movie? Yeah, And they were the best of us up there, weren't they?
Speaker 2: So did no one else find themselves surprisingly addicted to watching just whatever they were up to? Is that Big Brother? Yes, that's early days when it was really interesting. Just nothing's going on, but you just check it in or what are the.
Speaker 1: Floating right now? Some are out there in deep deep space.
Speaker 2: It was just it was mesmerizing. Was I'm trying to work out, Padi, why do you think it just appealed.
Speaker 1: To so much?
Speaker 5: I think you're right.
Speaker 6: I think the access to them, we all felt like we're so invested in this trip, I think and it was just it's been so long. It's been like, is it fifty years or something since we've had such a massive mission. But it was just you couldn't take your eyes off the screen and they were you know, there's very few news stories across the ages where you actually stop what you're doing and just want to watch it on the telly or listen to it on the radio, and this was one of them. Like coming back coming back to Earth and lashdown and it's like we were meant to go out and meet friends. It's like, hang on, no, you need to tell them that we're going to be late, because we just couldn't tear ourselves away. It was absolutely fascinating to think that they can put four people in a ship and go to the moon, and the pictures were so engry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the thing we all we ever see is that sort of almost just the black and white images of the moon, don't you And then he sort's got all this color and contrast to it. It's completely not what we thought.
Speaker 6: It was amazing and we had also just seen Hail Mary and so it was it just was perfect timing. It was just like a whole new fascination and you know, seeing Audrey take it all in as well. It was just amazing that we can actually put people up there and do what we've done.
Speaker 2: I think also it was a welcome relief from the other news story. Definitely, it showed us something else that there's still good people and it wasn't just a four of them in that tiny little tin can.
Speaker 1: That's what looked like to me. You know, when they landed and they're like, God, that's been nice of them. That sure is.
Speaker 2: Actually it was just a welcome relief, and it wasn't just them, It was all the ground crew that was so invested. You know, it takes a lot of the ground crew there, but there was an old guy, Richard, who was doing the narration for a lot of it as well. He's done about eleven NASA missions over the years. You've seen on there so many times. And also thought what was great was at the end a couple of days later, they all got up and spoke the four mission specialists. This is a bit of Jeremy Mission specialist Jeremy Hanson, what he had to say. Have you listened to this, It's incredible.
Speaker 10: We have a term in our crew that we coined a long time ago. The Joy train sounds like I saw a lot of joy up there. We're not always on the joy.
Speaker 4: Training this crew.
Speaker 10: There are many times we're not on the joy training, but we are committed to getting back on the Joy train as soon as we can. And that is a useful lay skill for any team trying to get something done.
Speaker 1: The last one is love.
Speaker 10: What you saw was a group of people who loved contributing, having meaningful contribution. What we've been hearing is that was something special for you to witness. The reason I had them form up here with me is because I would suggest to you that when you look up here, you're not looking at us. We are a mirror reflecting you, and if you like what you see, then just look a little deeper.
Speaker 1: This is you so much in a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it felt out the Secrets approach at Hell. Mary, Yes, just sort of speak that well after going through an incredible ordeal like that. And then this is Christina Cook what she had to say as well.
Speaker 11: What makes a crew a crew is people that is in it all the time, no matter what, that is stroking together every minute with the same purpose, that is willing to sacrifice silently for each other, that gives grace, that holds accountable. A crew has the same cares and the same needs. A crew is inescapably, beautifully, beautifully linked planet Earth. You are a crew.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I found listening to them afterwards they were more like philosophers than astronaut's. Actually, it was extraordinary. The other thing that blew my mind is they're all middle aged. There's two forty seven year olds and two fifty year olds. This is hope for all of us middle aged people. Actually got my pedoton at four am this morning, and I'm like, I reckon, I'm only a couple more pedals away from getting into space and seeing my beloved moon.
Speaker 4: Christian Color Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning to Amanda Armstrong, Christian artemist too. My I didn't know and in a space geek came out. I think it came out in all of us, and the NASA YouTube live stream was on twenty four to seven in my house. I didn't realize how much I became in vested in. It was amazing. All right, we do a thing every Monday on the show. We called it three word Weekend. What have you been up to this weekend? How would you tell us the story of your weekend. You've just had three words text me oh four seven five three one oh four three what's it for you?
Speaker 1: Rea? What did you ever? Easter break?
Speaker 9: Not my holiday would be my three word week. We did a whole family trip to Tasmania, so me, my parents, my sister, and my two little nephews, Xavier and Cedric, who was seven and wonderful.
Speaker 7: It was lovely.
Speaker 1: It's a lot going on, though it was.
Speaker 9: It was very different to the holidays that I've become accustomed.
Speaker 1: To because you're not the star of it.
Speaker 7: I'm not the star.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: We don't have any kids. It's me and my boyfriend. You know, we're going to the Greek Islands in July. We'll be off Gallivu.
Speaker 1: Tasmania would have been for the kids.
Speaker 9: This was only you have no control whatsoever over any decisions that go on in the holiday.
Speaker 7: It's like you've got two little dictator.
Speaker 2: This is what you've done, is you've taken a peek behind the curtain what it is to be a parent.
Speaker 7: I know, I didn't like.
Speaker 5: From this point.
Speaker 9: You're just a spectator in the whole holiday, and every decision even like oh I guess, I guess we have dinner at five now, yep, and like instead of looking looking in.
Speaker 1: Broad chat near the kids tava as well.
Speaker 7: I'm the kids table. I'm not looking at the Good Food Guide or broadsheet. We now do they have a kid's men? You's like, no, this is a nice restaurant.
Speaker 9: I can't take them there seat You'll kick up a stink and be screaming the whole time.
Speaker 7: I said, when do I get? When do I get what I want?
Speaker 12: On?
Speaker 1: The great Tasmania is beautiful?
Speaker 9: Tasmania is stunning and just such beautiful produce, lovely.
Speaker 1: People, great wines.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, the pinos, the save Blancs beautiful.
Speaker 7: The oysters my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but those are those nephews. You'll love those oysters today. Some oysters before kids un Coreo's got your sword of their not quite some of the have in Sydney, but it's good enough at ale Bit Grainy here in the Tasmans.
Speaker 7: That was my one grace. I did get my oysters on the holiday, which was lovely.
Speaker 1: But what was the best thing you did?
Speaker 7: Or brune Island.
Speaker 9: If you ever get the chance to go to Bruney Island, it's like it's like Tasmania's Tasmania.
Speaker 7: It's a little island off Tasmania.
Speaker 1: Eat teeth for grown ups. It's space. It's space fun alright, Tasmania in space.
Speaker 9: Only six hundred people live there and all there is it's just dairies, breweries, whiskey distilleries, and you just sort.
Speaker 1: Of they've got it now, haven't they? Sure you what?
Speaker 7: Jees and booze, it's the perfect island.
Speaker 9: So you just drive around and you just drink and eat your way through the island and it's stunning, absolutely stunning.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what was your three word weekend?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Well mine was far less exciting. A urine test, so we were unfortunately.
Speaker 7: Confused.
Speaker 2: I've only been off the show for two weeks. Can't come back like this in the first half. For now, let's take a break on the news. I don't want to hear the.
Speaker 4: Rest the Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 2: How was your weekend? Tell us about it in three words? My three word weekend is basically, when I'm about to play you killing the buzzer. Anybody else got a washing machine or a dryer, which when it does, it's basic dumb job. Just wash the clothes, dry the close and shut that hell up. Decades your your generations before you have proud washers and dryers. Didn't start singing a dumb little flute song while I'm trying to wash the game finished, I wouldn't mind have been just said it once is then I've finished.
Speaker 1: Give me some.
Speaker 2: Attention, and my wife has given me the impossible job now of apparently you can go online. You go on YouTube, you find videos, you can have hacking two secret options no wow wow seven failure to launch attempts on me, And just when I thought I had it done, yesterday I proudly started doing a victory lap around the kitchen. I said to my twenty one year old I've done it. I sit down, start watching the game yesterday afternoon, and then this noise is were in my weekend. Twice. I tried to hack into it to turn it off. I'm sorry, I don't have an engineering degree, Mela. I'm sorry. I wasn't part of the Artemis two crew or ground control at NASA. I'm sorry, I'm not Rocky or Grace.
Speaker 1: I can't. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Does anyone out I've watched so many videos, I've downloaded the Mela pediaf.
Speaker 1: Why would you have secret options? Why did they just read the secret?
Speaker 2: People just want it on and off that buzzer like the secret mac is who's appeal in this world? Who suddenly wants a buzzer that doesn't turn off? Letting you know the clothes dry?
Speaker 7: So it is yours? Do you want no buzzer?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: Oh well I.
Speaker 1: Say how that systems worked for year? It's real.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've got a Samsung one which is probably a thirty second song which draft me crazy, and yeah, he's yours.
Speaker 7: Just said did you did? You did?
Speaker 2: And then what it does if you don't go three minutes? Every three minutes, it keeps singing a song.
Speaker 7: Oh like like clean meat, clean meat, clemia. Yeah, that would drive.
Speaker 2: It sounds a bit. Don't ever do that again. Yours might have a very secret, Alex. Let's move on, Alex.
Speaker 1: What's your three word? Weekend? Pub?
Speaker 8: By myself? There's something special, there's something blissful. There's something amazing about a man going to the pub, sitting at the bar watching footy, having account of lunch, no interruptions.
Speaker 1: Just beer and footy. No, I'm with Alex. No, it's where you get to know this is where you get to do. This is a dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you what you just you just had Father's Day? Did you enjoy my father's Day? That's the greatest Father's Day ever. Just some peace and quiet sort of.
Speaker 8: Luckily, another another bar person was a North Melbourne fatty that he does there.
Speaker 2: She just puts any old shirt on, just get she gets some free drinks.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love the old ring rang ruse, the old hornets. He's plain, is it?
Speaker 8: Well? Luckily they and they turned the TV onto the team that I wanted to watch, which was good North Melbourne Kangaroos, and I just sat there it was It was just wonderful.
Speaker 1: Because the kids away. The guy from channel so yeah, I don't google him. Oh the one who got let by let go by car. There are a couple of looks. Is he working here? Are there are other people with him?
Speaker 7: Tell me?
Speaker 6: Do you talk to like the other people in the bar? Or you just fairly solitude?
Speaker 8: I'm fairly solitude because I'm zeroed into the.
Speaker 1: Football on the well done.
Speaker 2: Because you often go into a bar, don't you, writ when the game's on, and there's often some guy, middle aged guy by himself who is an aggressive friend searcher. Looking around, he started, well, don't I look to Ice is coming over? She guys up to today? Huh fans for long?
Speaker 7: I've impressed because I get really self conscious.
Speaker 9: Even if I'm there before my group, I'll make sure I get extra glasses so people know.
Speaker 7: Oh this guy's not by yourself.
Speaker 2: People don't don't care about what you're up to. I love going to Yeah, I'm past that. And you've got your phone as well, so he's a look down on your phone.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you've got a real good mate.
Speaker 2: There are you put a phone in the seat opposite you, just talking to the phone.
Speaker 4: The phone is Wilson, a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning too, great Christian, my three word weekend, best birthday ever, Christian. Why not just get off your ass and empty the try It's Greg. I'll tell you why. I don't want to rush to do that. In my house. I share my house with three women. I then got to sort out all their clothes. Oh my god, God, it's a nightmare.
Speaker 7: That shouldn't be up to you. You don't have that.
Speaker 1: What year you come from?
Speaker 6: Not up to christ when he gets here and sort your clothes out.
Speaker 7: I am a man. You do your own.
Speaker 2: The old Sorry, I don't know his correct term.
Speaker 1: Everyone, I don't follow him.
Speaker 5: I always end up with Audrey's nickers. She ends up with his, and he ends up with.
Speaker 1: I do that on purpose.
Speaker 2: Then they go, just don't worry about this, put them on the pile. I could spend the next minute and try and decipher it all, but I don't bother this.
Speaker 1: Oh I saw. I didn't realize. Oh, you don't wear your mum's nickers to uni. Oh I see?
Speaker 2: So sorry me. Yeah, we were talking about washing machines and tryers just now. And they have too many settings, don't they? Just kat and you were just saying there's any two you really need?
Speaker 13: I will.
Speaker 2: By the way, have you just come from the set of piky blinders? Have you seen he investigate this?
Speaker 3: This is a new top.
Speaker 7: You look at bit like a librarian.
Speaker 14: I'm wearing a beautiful woolen vest with a long sleeve white T shirt.
Speaker 1: You d gone too that winter wardrobe? Real soon. It's only twenty one degrees out there, mate, I just.
Speaker 3: Got back from Vietnam. It was thirty five.
Speaker 1: We haven't known. In the last hour of NonStop Vietnam stories.
Speaker 7: I've come.
Speaker 2: I went out there just now to go and chat to the producers. Nor one I heard was literally Vietnam stories. I just skulped back into the studio that She was like, they the locals there, you pay them nothing.
Speaker 1: They fold your clothes up every day, That's all I heard.
Speaker 3: No, you actually pay them a lot. I spent two hundred and fifty dollars on washing.
Speaker 7: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: It was great. Is that our hotel?
Speaker 14: And when you do it at your hotel, it is the dumbest thing you do. But them was just like, I can't be bothered, and so we put out washing it.
Speaker 2: How do I opt out of whatever this is you're talking about? Now, there's only one thing we need to talk to you about, producercating. I made a big mistake Friday. I came back into work. They trapped me. They said, come into our work for half an hour. We just need to talk about a few things. I left after three and.
Speaker 1: A half hours. Oh no, no, no, I tell you what was hard. Rea.
Speaker 2: I have a safe space here, and I hope everyone does in their workspace. I've called it the treehouse the company. Years ago, I said, could I just have a small office is somewhere from and the team to meet and where we could just hide away. And they were kind enough to give us a little space. They hidden. It is a hidden room. People don't know it's even there. They see the door open sometimes and me come out of it. People, I thought there was a storage room. That is that's the treehouse.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: And anyway, we've got new bosses and if you google them, been busy over the last couple of months. But anyhow's he the new bosses saw the conditions of my secret room. Okay, And it's got a very it's got two old fake leather couches that every time you get off them half the planet sticks to yes. But I'm just kind of used to that. It suits me.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: They say, hey, we're going to give you a small budget. Let's let's get you some better furniture in here. I was our house.
Speaker 1: Very kind of you.
Speaker 2: I never heard anything about it until they ask one of our team. He I said, hey, by the way, I was meant to get some allocation to pick out furniture for when I come back after East. Oh, but just a Caitlance organized all of it. And well, that's nice of her. She doesn't want to bother me with stuff like that. She's got a good start. And then I came in Friday too. In fact, Patsy, can you walk to the treehouse right now and then come back. I'll carry on talking. You need to see the horror of what that is?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it is.
Speaker 2: I rang Rio yesterday and just to catch out and talk about the show. But half the call was before the show. Rio, go and see what's happened in the treehouse.
Speaker 9: It was the first thing I did when I It looks like the before you know, like a home renovation show. It looks like the before shot instead of the after shot. But it's actually the after shot.
Speaker 2: It's the after shot. And it's also like a cheap therapist's office. Let's just talk about the world's most uncomfortable couch. A tiny, tiny two seater that's more like a love bench, and then a random one seater. So now the team when they come in and we have meetings in there, hardly any of you can sit down.
Speaker 9: No, there's about seven or eight of us, yes, three, and it's it's a concrete slash.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't know they made couches.
Speaker 1: So then they'd have a max security supermax prison.
Speaker 2: In America in solitary confinement, caramel covered and then a rug which is completely unrelated to random dark puce.
Speaker 9: It's green rug, horrible, horrible green, like almost what have you done.
Speaker 1: To the treehouse?
Speaker 14: Okay, I was only given two thousand dollars to read.
Speaker 3: Couches are a lot of money. These ones are on sale.
Speaker 1: For nine one shell.
Speaker 14: I thought we would just get a couple of couches, now I did.
Speaker 2: Actually, well, there's only one. There's a one tiny love bench and then a one seater.
Speaker 3: I requested its three ster and a two seater, so.
Speaker 1: I got one. I tell you what happened.
Speaker 2: I reckon, you got ripped off and that wrestlant money is what you've used in Vietnam to get your clothes washed like that?
Speaker 6: Okay, on back pats, Well, it's actually literally taken my breath away.
Speaker 5: It's like a stick.
Speaker 6: When I walked, I went, oh my god, it's like a set of madmen.
Speaker 1: Yes, only I'm not Don Draper.
Speaker 6: It is this baby poo colored leather. Just just a two seater and just a one seater. We couldn't afford the other one's theater and there's two cushion.
Speaker 1: Cushions, two cushions, it's just two empty backs. It's the khaki.
Speaker 6: Green with the tang and a horrible round green mess.
Speaker 2: It looks like a mad bogan has got into interiors. Well, well that's what's happened here.
Speaker 7: There's a lamp with no globe.
Speaker 5: Yep, you're incomplete, I would say.
Speaker 3: I So I ordered all of this before.
Speaker 2: I left to go on Ready Rushing Together out in Vietnam, and it.
Speaker 14: Was delayed in delivery, so I didn't have enough time to get in there and make.
Speaker 7: It all up.
Speaker 2: That's not the issue. I'm happy to make it up. It's the measurements. It's tiny furniture, and actually half the team can't get in there. Locke and I were sat on that love seat together and our knees and thighs were rubbing together. We're now moving in together.
Speaker 7: I've lost my wife.
Speaker 2: That is not I tell you what. I can't have another team I but sat on that two seat to couch with me. It's not a work safe environment. I'm sorry my fight could accident encroach on somebody, our team members.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not something needs to change.
Speaker 2: It is your biggest priority this week on the show is fixing what you've almost I was about to swear fixing that.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, I got four kids. We have a system for working out whose clues are who's. We put permanent market dots on clothing tags so anyone can sort the washing out no excuses. One dot for the eldest, two dot for next, three for next.
Speaker 1: I love the system. I am not a dots Christian. If clothes get handed down to a sibling, we add the dot. You've got it. Now, this high level adulting. Best thing I've did. Congratulations, that's great. So we, I mean the team.
Speaker 2: We've all been on our Easter break only had a lovely Easter break as well, me me a family.
Speaker 1: We all went away, which.
Speaker 2: Is always quite a rare treat now because our daughters don't live at home anymore, so we're all together for a week. We hired a place in the airbnb up in a magical place for Australia called Nooseville. Never been there before. It was fantastic. However, when you hire a holiday rental Airbnb whatever, they always are wherever you are in the world. They're always the same right, only give you that one dishwasher ta for eight days, you get eight days worth of money from me. You think we're only going to have a couple of plates, family in four just one er into that, but loved dishwasher. And also they only have like either one wine glass or sixty two.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, none of them, that's true.
Speaker 2: YEA two new roles where you're like, guys, take it easy, polease, do you.
Speaker 1: Really need to use it? It's got two to get through eight days. Four of us walk into the sea and rinch yourself. Do not use this.
Speaker 7: We can't spare a single don't wrap it around like.
Speaker 1: An oven mat.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all they've left us is wear maroons. And there's no shops nearby where we just get more of the stuff. But this morning, want to talk about what is always in every single holiday rental mbab. There's always the mysterious locked cupboard, isn't there? Yes, several of them.
Speaker 7: We had a mysterious loss.
Speaker 1: Is not the first thing you always do, Just give it a rattle. I don't know what I always do. It's the first thing I go and just give it a little rattle.
Speaker 9: We had one I was on a family trip to Tazzy over the Easter break, and.
Speaker 7: We had a locked cupboard.
Speaker 9: We ran out of olive oil because they only give you this tiny, little more amount because God forbid you actually are able to cook something there. And so Mum goes, oh, I reckon, they'll have some in this cupboard.
Speaker 7: And we're like, whoa, you're not.
Speaker 9: You're not supposed to go into that cupboard that's locked for reason, and she pulls.
Speaker 7: Out her bobby pin. Because mum very street smart, she undid the lock to the locked bobby pin open.
Speaker 9: There was thus like it was like ninety It had everything you possibly dream of. We had gallons of olive oil, toilet paper, sold, pepper, condiments, jam, everything you could ever need. Everything that gets rationed out into one little supply get.
Speaker 1: Did you get extras of everything? Yes?
Speaker 7: And we had opened the whole week.
Speaker 1: Rollers you want.
Speaker 7: We were living like kings. It was incredible.
Speaker 1: You get a dish tablet, you get a we.
Speaker 7: Did three cycle stop.
Speaker 2: That is high level limit parats. What do you think is always in every holiday rental?
Speaker 6: Definitely, there's always a Holy Bible in like the master bedroom drum.
Speaker 1: Ever seen that in hotels? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The B and B staying in a church in church reading before You Go Classic Gideon.
Speaker 6: Then another place we stayed at had the oldest vegimi. It was about fifteen years.
Speaker 7: Out of date.
Speaker 5: Old Vegimily it never goes out of date.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of Australiers presume it doesn't go out of date. Somehow, the yeast yeast, you can't go off year.
Speaker 7: She's like molasses.
Speaker 5: We threw it out.
Speaker 6: And then there's always the board games where there's like a puzzle with two bits missing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my god, that's so true. Pats, Yes, yep.
Speaker 6: Or I remember remember we tried to play a game of mouse once and the actual mouse trap or mouse.
Speaker 2: Trouse around the team going a little game.
Speaker 1: I love think she meant with a live.
Speaker 2: Mouse mouse if we can have it for dinner, you put it on the jefful toaster.
Speaker 6: Anyway, the red mouse that was actually missing. It was the quickest board game play.
Speaker 9: It's it's the most unsatisfying game mouse Trap, because it all builds up to and then instead of being like this dramatic, it just slowly goes like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many children were devastated on Christmas Day?
Speaker 1: This is it? Three hours it's almost like a metaphor of life.
Speaker 4: This is it Christian Color Show podcast.
Speaker 2: One thing I've learned over my is to break Picnics don't really work to they.
Speaker 7: Just as a concept.
Speaker 2: Go on, just wait, the family organized one for my birthday, bless them. That's actually really nice. And then you know, you get the rug out. You're on the ground. It's not trying to get comfortable. No one's comfortable. You're shifting around, you're not comfortable. And then the flies start eating your food and stuff like that, and everyone's slightly irritable, and you're thinking, picnics don't work for reason, and also, you know, just cross the nice restaurants. He thought, you know what dad would like. He does it eat on the ground.
Speaker 7: And you can't ever like.
Speaker 9: Put any food together or anything because it's hard. Nothing's like cut, nothing's level. You've got sticks under your butt?
Speaker 7: Awful?
Speaker 1: Can you just cover that? Can you just cut? Can I just who's put the knife in here?
Speaker 2: The idea of it is so much better idea reality your reality.
Speaker 7: Same with kayaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Sure the messages were getting at the moment, people saying what are you always seeing every single holiday? Rental where it's in airbnb rend towels like sampaper was zero absorbency. You're right, those real old fashion ones.
Speaker 1: Aren't they all the size of two towels?
Speaker 7: Like they're really small.
Speaker 1: It's another thing.
Speaker 2: They're always a set. People have set rolls, don't they. When you all to camp into a brand new holiday rental, I will go and rattle those locked doors. My wife will go counting the towels.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, because girls, girls, how many of you on your om? Okay, Chris, we've got two here.
Speaker 2: Yes. She always wants to know where the towels are. Must how we can't sleep at night. It's in a towel allocation, Christian a washing machine, but know where to hang the washing Out's true? Yeah, I think that's in that lock room as well, Alex. What do you think is always in a holiday rental?
Speaker 1: The compendium?
Speaker 8: Now, the compendium is that bonder, that plastic barner that has all the things to do, the places to write.
Speaker 1: It's always a plastic thing from office works, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Favorites, It's all recommendation fish chips.
Speaker 2: I always I always go, don't trust any of those pre getting some kickback from that dry cleaners, deep fake Christian most Airbnb, it's always got the outdoors setting covered in spider webs. Yes, yeah, Christian real basic Internet adsl plus at best one make hour.
Speaker 7: The teenagers complain why.
Speaker 2: Christian Honley Rentals always have the worst most blunt knives ever. It's barely a knife. It's barely a knife.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: What about the random mug selection. There's no coordination. You get those clay, random colored ones, and then some other ones that have been left there as well. Now, this here from Shanty is an interesting message. Whatever we are talking about the show, there's always room for whatever you want to add into that, right, That's how this show works.
Speaker 1: Now, Shanty sent me a message. She needs help.
Speaker 2: She needs help with this feels like the old times in newspapers when you used to have the missed connection, Jim of that you were the gentleman in the bowler hat.
Speaker 1: Maybe not here in Australia.
Speaker 2: This is my old life in London, you and then gentleman in the bowler hat. In a briefcase, Christian need help with a digital misconnection. I press match with Alex He's thirty six virgo Hinge. But the app glitched and logged me out at the right moment. I went to match. Now he's gone, Christian. Can you help He might be listening to the show right now. Someone knows him. Alex works in tech. His main photo is him on a boat with a giant watermelon.
Speaker 9: Rare photos it is, it's unusual.
Speaker 2: Why would someone pick that one? What is it saying about the personality of this person?
Speaker 7: Watermelon is coat?
Speaker 2: I was hoping that no one would actually fill that gap. I left there for decency. Rio, Can you help me find watermelon boat Alex? Is that what we're calling this guy now? Watermelon boat Alex? Chanty be careful now, why are you going to get a lot of desperate men going I'm Spartacus, I'm watermelon boat Alex. By the way, I'm not supposed to talk about this, but I just will quickly. While we're up on holiday famuel together. The first night, we're having a lovely dinner, and the waiter who's serving us clearly takes a shine to my eldest daughter. He's twenty one so and so he gives her his phone number.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, that's confidence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that night, you know, I go back. I leave her and her sister at the restaurant's wife goes, hey, that waiter is he's taking a shine to Ruby. Why don't we just leave them alone for five or ten minutes and you come back and walk them back to the apartment. I'm like, yeah, fine, okay, I go back and get the girls and Ruby. Sure you can find them up on this guy, she goes, hey, he wants to meet me tomorrow, you know in his van. I went that ain't that ain't happening, wow, I said, And he's picking me and you both up and I'm in the van. There's no van collection approaches a soccer team van. I said, now, that's not happening. You're meeting him in a public space, right and for coffee. So they meet up the next morning in a public space for coffee. She comes back about two hours late. It's a lovely time, right, nice for her. And she goes he's thirty ah, And I'm like, right, okay, that is the end of that. A thirty year old isn't like a young man. That's a man, yes, And I said, I don't want to be that voice. But if he's done that move once someone up here on they pick you up in the van. Here's a phone number. He's he's got form and you're not. You're not falling into that. That was the end of that.
Speaker 7: Yes, he's like Leonardo DiCaprio, but with a van instead.
Speaker 4: Of the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, every holiday rental always hands the milk pods where you need at least five of them to get one measy cup of tea.
Speaker 1: Brody so true, Mick, Christian.
Speaker 2: The back has always fallen off the remote control or there's this tape round it keeping the battery in Airbnb, always have the Ikea artworks around the whole place. It's like an Ikea art gallery. Well, Dean Sydney was right. It's the Highland cow.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know exactly the one, that big one, isn't it.
Speaker 9: There's that and the zebra is the other one.
Speaker 2: Then there's the giant lily as well. Yeah, I presume that's the flower. I think it is a lily. It's that big white whatever it is is a big giant white orc. I think it's an orchard or a lily. Anyway, we don't need to get into a to the flowers. No one's showing at the radio. Get it right, man, it's an orchid, not a lily. And Ario you went to see a retro band over the Easter break, he did you see?
Speaker 9: Yes, we were very excited. We went to see disco Legends bony M. Yeah, the final curtain to us, so last time doing a big both.
Speaker 2: Their final curtain, that's the one before you go to the other side.
Speaker 9: The final final curt Okay, it's funny.
Speaker 1: So it's like a crematorium.
Speaker 2: Well, just bone to them.
Speaker 9: Interesting you say that because as they come out for the first song, expecting you know, we've seen the film clips with the whole band, they're doing all the dancing, incredible.
Speaker 1: Great spiuchin. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also they must be knocking on a bit now, I mean they were like middle aged in the seventies.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, there they as we've learned beyond knocking on because only.
Speaker 1: You beyond the grape.
Speaker 2: Well we had live expecting the full band, the guy with the big hill all coming out.
Speaker 9: Just one band member comes out for the for the first song. We were like, oh, there must be maybe this is just like they built by around. It was just this one woman and a backup singer and then I sort of recognized her and they're like, oh, maybe the rest of the band comes out, maybe a few songs later, they get through more more of their set, and it's very clear that it's just.
Speaker 7: The one member.
Speaker 1: What they had a fall out or we did some googleing, gone too soon?
Speaker 9: Well, yes, members have left this world.
Speaker 1: It was so sad for that one remaining.
Speaker 2: Remember just talking, just doing it, kind of wet round to say, oh, that's really so Yeah.
Speaker 7: It was the gear change.
Speaker 1: Were they good? Though?
Speaker 7: Incredible heavy lift, the work of form.
Speaker 2: Old you know that suddenly you got to do like four backing vocals, you do an end sharing with the foot pedals.
Speaker 1: It's a lot for an old timer.
Speaker 9: They had a full band, she was working and she had she had a bit of help from a couple of backup singers.
Speaker 7: But she was incredible, I've got to say, but.
Speaker 9: It wasn't the full spectacle that we had gone there.
Speaker 7: Sort of very s then.
Speaker 1: Also you could googled put someone on the poster.
Speaker 2: Yes, and to bony and Brackets. It's only one of the dead and it's not like you shouldn't be surprised it's bony am it's publicly available.
Speaker 1: In their forties in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 9: It's not that a good It didn't. They didn't trick us, I guess, but we were. We were going in with very different expectations to what we ended up.
Speaker 2: You see this a lot now where either there's been a legal dispute or they're you know a lot of these bands from the eighties, nineties and who are touring again now, But then the couple aren't in the original line up, or they go it's one of the original lineup and a couple of randos they got And you don't really know. This happens a lot now because you're a tina. Who did you see where it wasn't the whole lineup, it was some of them.
Speaker 14: Yes, so I saw the band five, which is meant to have five members, but I only saw them with three members.
Speaker 1: Please please tell me. Do you remember do you remember? Was it abs spelled ab z abs.
Speaker 14: He was there and he got so puffed out during one of the songs he had to lie down of gospel?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Bony him is still doing it your late forties abs as he still got the abs there is he blowed up.
Speaker 1: You need some of that blow teas crusoes, blow tea.
Speaker 7: It's kind of.
Speaker 1: Flat, aren't they. They're here next month in Australia.
Speaker 9: All five and you know what all the posters say, very specifically all five.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I was in Sydney a couple of months ago and wherever they're playing. I was doing the talk and it Shibision Center and five of them and in bock doors at the.
Speaker 1: Bottom went featuring all five.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're like collectibles, all the la boo boos.
Speaker 1: And Aby said it was the other one, Richie Neville.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you live in a show for a little bit.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 9: They're not quite as memorable as you keep on moving in the bang up.
Speaker 1: What do you get now?
Speaker 2: Yes they are, and they were. They changed the spelling of their name. This is when bands did it in the sort of ninety two thousand, so they became how did they spell it?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 3: They had the like the number five and then V.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 1: It was the two thousands. That's what we did back then for fun.
Speaker 2: All right, bands you've seen where it's only some of the original lineup. This would be this show soon. Oh, I saw the Christians going on the show. It wasn't even Christian, it wasn't it wasn't real. It wasn't Alex, it was worse. It was producer Caitlin. It was three hours of stories from a honeymoon in Vietnam whilst she's wearing a peaky blinders Hesse and SACKFZ.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Not the original lineup ever gone to see a band of various reasons, death, legal disputes. It was a very very, very big and they were huge here as well. British band in the eighties. Four of them, Bucks Fizz right, making your mind up? I think they had. I think they won Eurovision twice. Anyway, about ten years ago I was doing a hosting an Awards do and Summer Bucks Fizz were there and so before and I said, so, okay, I'll introduce you and then you'll do these three songs. When no, no, we can only do one of them. We've had a split up and legally we can't do those two songs. I remember, those are the two biggest hits.
Speaker 1: What you gonna do? They did?
Speaker 2: They did some B sides. Who's got who won't they where he can do them? He's doing his own bucks. They've got two rival Bucks business. Oh no, you can't sing that song. That's my song. All right, there's there's like breakfast shows when they fall out. Anyway, let's go to Ben now, good morning, Ben christ I'm good. Welcome to the show, Ben, thanks recording and so you went to see you too.
Speaker 13: That's correct. Yeah, back in about ninety three summer at the City Football Stadium. But I was doing his second character as Macfisto, which is pretty weird. Anyway.
Speaker 1: That was the one with the horns and the gold jacket.
Speaker 13: Yes, it was calling the post yess it called Dame the Everage. At one stage, just have a chat on stage.
Speaker 1: Everything Ben is saying, this is what mcphisto was.
Speaker 2: What what? What's like a play on the devil. It's hard to explain.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: It felt like, okay, that's who he's a He's not the fly anymore.
Speaker 1: He's mcphisto. Yeah.
Speaker 13: But anyway, the bass player Adam, who was real ladies man, just happened not to be on stage that night. He said, such a binder in Sydney on Friday night two hungover, I couldn't make the stage, so that the bass technician rocked up and pretended to be Adam, and Evermon's going, that's not Adam. But anyway, he put on a great show.
Speaker 2: I saw one a few times where you two played and it wasn't the actual lineup, that's.
Speaker 13: Right, Yes, one of the thousand apparently something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ben, thank you very much his story. Did you enjoy the show though?
Speaker 13: I saw it was my first show of a few and the guitarist the ag was on fire and as a band that were great, loved it, great memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ben, thank you very much for calling mate. Have a good day, thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Cheers, Paul, good morning, Paul. Yeah, all right, not the original lineup? Who did you see, Paul?
Speaker 12: Welcome back, by the way, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Great to be back actually, and Paul, I've had a lovely Easter break as well, Paul. Not the original lineup? What was the band?
Speaker 12: I went to see the Animals but the English group the Animals from the sixties and stuff and half of the Rising Sun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big big band back in the day.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they brought out some great music. But where it was advertised to have the original singer Richard Burton and all the band members, and when we went to see the show, the only original band member was the drummer.
Speaker 1: I think he's some guy called Mick. But he's not he's not He's not the animals, He's just he's just the drums.
Speaker 12: The lad singer was like in his late thirties. He wasn't wouldn't have even been born. They put on a great show when the drama stood there and spoke for ten minutes telling us about a gig they played with Mick Jagger and stuff. But he was the only original band member.
Speaker 1: I love it. This is fantastic.
Speaker 2: One of the animals, at least animals the night on stage an animal.
Speaker 12: Advertising with Richard Burton. But they should have said with the original drama child but not what we were expecting.
Speaker 2: No, not at all, Paul, Thank you very much. The story mate, have a good day too. No, you don't need to go to Google. The lead singer of the Animals was Eric Burden, not the actor Richard Burton, who was married to Elizabeth Taylor, made movies and also had a big hit with Out of the Writing Sun.
Speaker 4: You are Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're talking about going to see bands, but it's not you end up seeing not quite the original lineup, Kathy, Christian, I know what exactly we're talking about. Went to see the Village People a few years back. Little it was actually just the village person only the lead singer policeman store the original.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I guess let's to travel with let's outfits.
Speaker 2: It's lighter to travel just carry on luggage rather than all the Elvis.
Speaker 1: You gotta take it with you. That's my favorite one, Kathy, thank you very much. All Right, we're back down. It's time for your brand new, brilliant misheard lyrics.
Speaker 2: It's just another misshard Monday, Christian O'Connell's miss heard Lyrics. We do this every Monday on the Christian o'connells Show. Whenever you miss here a lyric, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com.
Speaker 1: Do you on a Monday?
Speaker 2: We play them back if we would agree what you think you're miss hearing, if we don't hear it, and if it's a really great one. Hall of Favor now Peevis Hall of Famous, Fred had this sme Elton John Crocodile Rock, dreaming of my Chevy and my oubergine out a very proud aubergine Grower Award winning.
Speaker 1: Actually she sounds a bit brude, didn't it.
Speaker 2: Some things are not meant to. They can ober jeans. Sandy has been corrupted from innocence by emojis. Yes, yes, yes, it's a sad thing. A lot of people listening right now who compete at local fairs and such compete about their their massive Ober jeans. I've said too much. I love this Hall of Famer from Phil We had a couple of weeks ago Black Fingernails, Red Wine by Eskimojo, who just just doesn't understand the point of fingers. All right, let's get into your brand new ones. What do we get over the easter break. Andrew has been listening to Cracker Island by the Gorillas. They taught themselves to be a cult they them? Or did they teach themselves to be a bovine?
Speaker 1: A cow?
Speaker 11: They These instructional videos now on YouTube are getting better and better.
Speaker 1: You can learn how to be a cow they taught them.
Speaker 2: It does sound like it co in his lyric anyway, Peers Chappelle posh name Peers, I didn't know we had a peers listening to the show spanned about a chant number one. I don't need this pressure on great song. Or they take a look around a restaurant. They don't need this restaurant.
Speaker 1: Pressure.
Speaker 2: Maybe Tony's had a couple of wines or something of the house special in his restaurant. What we're back, Vanessa's got can't stand the kids, sorry, can't stand by kids in the kitchen? All right, old man trying to get it said around the new bands. Caught in the crossfire, burnt my tanger or is it caught in the cross fire? Burnt my chicken? Yeah, burnt the chicken.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Matty Deacon has been listened to Tam and Parlor and not My World. Oh, I can't stand sounds fun.
Speaker 1: Oh a cat's dead, No wonder, he's down, No wonder. What makes this genius is easn't just saying a cat's dead. He was like, oh, a cat's dead. I'm sorry, come on in, v I P you rush through instance Hall of Favor cats. Wait what.
Speaker 2: Peat's be listening to? He's been smashing Calvin? How are sweet nothing? I'm living on sweets nothing, origin, I'm living on a sexy gurkin. We began with the oubergine, we end with the gurkin. It's not as a gurkin, it's a sexy gurkin. Pegu sexy gurkin. Come on in Hall of Favor. Wait, what's happened to the cat?
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Sure you miss her lyrics?
Speaker 2: As always when you miss hear them, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We've been talking on the show today about going to see bands, but it's not the complete original lineup for various reasons. This guy, I'm actually jealous about the replace to me in Christian, I won't see the Pogues in Boston. Going to see the amazing Pogues in Boston, big Irish community there would be incredible. For Christian seaemer Gown wasn't touring with them, but was replaced by Joe Strummer who leads sing.
Speaker 1: With the Cash. That would be incredible. As with this one, Christian, I went to see his years Janine.
Speaker 2: Sorry, the EMUs was come in. Christian went. We were in New York. You two were doing a free pop up show in Times Square as part of the World at Age Day. Unfortunately, Bono had fallen off his bike in Central Park on the day of the Geek Chris Martin stepped in his front what he shared it with They swapped her at halftime with Bruce Springsteen Get out of Town not mean funny, I Love You to the ground, but it's a bit of an upgrade getting the Boss song. Did he sneak in any of his own songs? And not just that because the MC introduced them? Was Bill Clinton show? Imagine his rider backstage?
Speaker 1: Anyway? It's none of my business, is it? All right? Let's get in a late to the party, late.
Speaker 2: Later party the home of all your emails to the show. An if you were talking about the show, we never completely move on. You can pick it up whenever you want. A recent show. We were asking you, how do you lose the tooth?
Speaker 1: Steve?
Speaker 2: I was playing kiss Chase, Christian. I'm sure that game is not allowed anymore. The phrase chase in the kissing and the chase, the chasing. It was the earliest appearance of the manisphere of really, christ I was playing kiss Chase and just as I was about to kiss my intended target again Edit edit these, I mean I tripped and knocked out my two front teeth. That will learn you, Steve Ray, my older brother yanked the tea towel I had in my mouth. I didn't want to know why the tea tawl was in your mouth and the two top front teeth flew out under the oven. We couldn't get them out, so I had a huge gap for three years, then later shattered the top left tooth on the edge.
Speaker 1: Of a swimming pool.
Speaker 2: Alay, fame in the family. We're asking you for a you go any fame in your family tree? Well, this guy has Christian. My dad wrote the burger is a better at angry jacks, No way. Our listener's dad wrote, the burgers are better at heck hungry jacks better at angry jacks. Christian, It gets better. He married the sister of former Miss Australia and Sarah, the century model Judy Green, who is married to Richard Norton, kung fu movie star who is on movies with Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan Before he was ABBA's bodyguards.
Speaker 7: Oh what a reunion. Imagine that family.
Speaker 1: This is throwing shade over everyone's fame in the family.
Speaker 2: Uh and Christian, this one comes from Yan came in over the Easter break Christians listening to the show whilst You're off, and they played the story about your daughter having a T shirt eat Yo Greens.
Speaker 1: For about two years.
Speaker 2: My daughter does t shirt eat yo greens, and whenever I'd wash it and fold it up, was like I must have been like an ironic thing about, you know, getting your five portions of green today. It's only when she left home and had closer look at what I thought was a broccoli stemp and realized the old man had been taken from my buying that and letting her wonder about in public with me wearing that eat yo greens with the giants marijuana leg I stupidly thought a broccli.
Speaker 7: She Boddy loves that broccoli. Eat your broccolies.
Speaker 1: It reminded me of my father daughter. A weed story of me.
Speaker 2: Oh we love one of those eight thirty five weed story. Years ago, my ex husband built a greenhouse. I can already see where this is going into the greenhouse. Years ago, my ex husband, we know what it's an ex is he serving time? Years ago, my ex husband built a greenhouse where we lived out on the sticks, where my parents came to visit. I probably showed Dad all the plows, which I thought were tomatoes. You think tomatoes, I thought broccoli greens. Dad said the leaves looked unusual but healthy. Later when my husband got home, I said to him, I showed my dad your greenhouse. He went sheet white. Eventually admitted those old bloody tomatoes and marijuana.
Speaker 1: A friend brackets.
Speaker 2: A friend asked him to grow them. Patsy's husband, Chris or magazines a friend the older kid made me do it. Yeah, yeah, I told him to get rid of them, but I didn't need to worry. A few weeks later the police raided the property after the same mate to me, you enjoyed my story, great edition there later to the party, as always throwing your emails any stories, we love getting them. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com tod are you you are?
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Team tomorrow, Let's come back to this.
Speaker 2: What do you allergic to? I just remember one I was up there Noos. There was a couple and I could tell they're having a discussion about a body of grass and the other side of it. And I couldn't help, you know what, I've got to get involved, And I was like, everything, okay here and the guy goes my wife. They're in there's six sees she's allergic to grass and she doesn't know how to get to the jetty to get the ferry, and I found her a path that she could get down.
Speaker 1: But I never heard of anyone who's allergic to grass.
Speaker 7: I'm a little bit allergic to grass. Yeah, the pollen in the grass.
Speaker 1: No, she said it wasn't that. It was if her skin touches it.
Speaker 7: Oh, I've never heard of that.
Speaker 2: He's an allergy, isn't it. It might be the pollen, but when it touches her skin. But I didn't want to say, you're wearing shoes. I did offer to help with her husband carrier over the grass, but they were like, that's weird.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go steady for ten minutes. You can't getting on the boat if you don't hurry up. Today's time waste.
Speaker 2: They're asking you to make a Movie's make a movie eighties.
Speaker 1: It is world. No, it isn't make a Movie's eight eat anyway for grabs great price.
Speaker 2: A five hundred dollar Hijinks Hotel gift guard sounds like a hotel. It is called the Hijinks Hotel. It's where Fun checks in and Mordem checks out. Search Hijink's Hotel. There actually is a game venue where every room's a different challenge. So if you want to do it, family, friends, your team at work, it's on us for the best in show today.
Speaker 1: Make a movie eighties? All right, make a movie eighties?
Speaker 2: What about Shallow Hall and Oates, Gold, catcha Goo Goo Goonies, Mad Beat, Max.
Speaker 1: Forrest, Crimp. You went there in the eighties. Everyone was crimping there. Yay, Patsy, you would have been crimping back in the day. Everyone Blue Light with.
Speaker 2: My Honey, I shrunk the cabbage Patch kids, Gold Slinky's on a plane.
Speaker 7: That's bronze.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's solid. God, rub that bronze off. What's underneath? It's natural gold? Rio. What have you got? Make a movie eighties?
Speaker 7: Shoulder Paddington.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that is straight out the gates Gat Gap.
Speaker 1: That's gold Gnarali and me.
Speaker 7: Isn't what you guys always used to say? Oh that's nahl.
Speaker 1: You haven't ever said that. What's worse than bronze? This mud?
Speaker 7: Cassetta Blanca.
Speaker 9: Goal and rip Rambony m oh very good?
Speaker 1: Another gold, three golds. Well done.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every day on the show, if we give you a time waster today, make a movie eighties? Best in show five hundred dollars, go and do something different with your mate. So family hijinks, Hotel, gift card, make a movie eighties, Ri, are you ready to Mark?
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: A pac Man called Otto silver plus Edwin.
Speaker 1: Blue, whose Bross? That's very good.
Speaker 2: James Chatfield tabow and that's smart. My left leg warmer silver, that's very good, Amy Perms of Endearment.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 2: Joe the hypercolor Purple Silver twenty one jumpsuit bringing back I saw the NASA Team of rocking than the jumpsuit, Bring back the jumpsuit. Danny Power love that tw make one jumpsuit one Flurro The Cuckoo's.
Speaker 1: Nest Silver, Flass Twister act. Oh god, Christopher, that's very good. Mullets in the midst Silver.
Speaker 2: Madonna Darko, not Donny Darker, Madonna Darko, Go Lee World done, Bob Hawk down O, gos stew it very this is great. These are all you taking movie title and making it eighties. Flight of the Commodore sixty four silver. If I had leg warmers, I'd kick you.
Speaker 7: Topical.
Speaker 2: Oh very good, Will Don Lauren The Choose Life of Brian Silver plus Mullet and Commander silver Breakfast with Tiffany, the eighties singer Tiffany. That's fair World none GF Gerard fantasy. What about old Flanney mc fee That shirt on.
Speaker 7: More nineties at.
Speaker 1: Eight, it's very good.
Speaker 2: Into Skeletal, Into Stellar, Skeletal. Horton, he's a boombox silver and we brought a synpththizer.
Speaker 1: Silver plus.
Speaker 2: All Right, he's been great. Who is the winner today? Who's best in show?
Speaker 7: Lauren? If I had Leg Wallers, I'd kick you.
Speaker 2: Wow, John, Lauren, you're the winner today. We are back tomorrow morning. Thank you very much for joining us. Have a great day.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell shown podcast.
Speaker 9: It's a Chemist Warhou and save more money every year on your regular medication with Discounter prescriptions in every store every day