Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey downloaders, hey streamers. Christian here. I just want to say two things actually. One, thank you very much to all the amazing messages you sent to me about what Jack spoke about recently on the show and his six months. They're amazing. Always thank you for the sharing, but I really appreciate all the love and support you've been showing Jack. The other thing is, obviously i'm here in Australia. I'm watching the TV coverage. I feel kind of quite distanced from everything that's going on in London with the Morning Now for the Queen, and imagine that some of our listeners in London maybe used to listen to me when I was on Absolute Radio in the UK, will be going to pay your respects. My dad's one of them. You might be shuffling with him this week over the next couple of days. If you are going, please I want to hear all about it. Email us. Also, the one thing we're doing on the show, as you're about to hear, there's a lot of strange filler articles. As links get more and more tenuous to what's going on. There's so much demand on rolling news coverage. Anything you see that's weird to odder unusual about Royal watch. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com, DoD are you on with the show? Thank you?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: They're like a lawn mower in the sky.
Speaker 4: Would I dare go back?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 2: This is not the BBC the Christian O'Connell show Gold one oh four point three. Hey, come on in Monday morning. It's a Christian O'Connell's show on Gold. I hope you had a great weekend. Come on in Patsy morning, Come on in Jackie boy. See you guys to Patsy before we get into today's show. And now on Friday, we're very, very excited. All of your daughters are school playing yesterday. How did it go? Ah?
Speaker 6: The kids were fantastic. Their school did a junior school did a production of Beauty and the Beast and aren't you there's some talented kids in there. The girl that played Bell was year eight students. She has a future in theater. She was absolutely phenomenal.
Speaker 2: This is great because getting Pantsy anointing you at a young age. I mean, Margot Robbie spotted guy, Piers spotted you are.
Speaker 3: These kids were incredible.
Speaker 2: We'd see her running in ages, ringing them into the ground like ten years from now. There's a Netflix stock about the way she went. It tyrannical, but that's what it's called. It's seeming called tyrannical.
Speaker 4: But she got results.
Speaker 2: Oh she did. You want fame? Fame starts here again, we go again.
Speaker 6: And Lumia was so good she kept her friend exit the entire time.
Speaker 2: The sorry we aren't as well. First in the world of theater as you Lumier.
Speaker 3: Here's the candlesticker.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right, yes, but you never know. I thought it was some sort of come here, come here.
Speaker 6: So there were two shows, one and five. Of course we went to both shows as you do, and in the front row, front and center. But there's always the late comers, isn't there for both shows.
Speaker 2: They were lucky they didn't get their throats wrapped out by pants.
Speaker 3: I find it so rude.
Speaker 2: It is rude. Now. I understand you all know it's a Sunday, right, you just like the rest of us, make your plans, get your ass sat down on time.
Speaker 6: And you know it's oh excuse me, I'm terribly so homoused, and you have to stand up. Let's face it, you can't, you know, they trip over your feet and your rainkles.
Speaker 3: You have to stand up. We're at the front row. You're aware you're putting the kids off.
Speaker 2: No one bin as well. There's often some old time who goes out for a slash half way through it, right once go on and then just you see them coming down. Is lost. It doesn't know right. It's a seven year old lost like a child. It's the full circle of life, and he's like wandering up and fights.
Speaker 6: But twice that happened, and the first one. So for the first show at one o'clock. Somehow I'm convinced they're in the wrong spot. They weren't meant to be in the front row because there was like a double up, like a double booking of tick. So one one member of our party couldn't make it yesterday, my nephew.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately you had eighteen tickets or something.
Speaker 6: We had like a mini bus to bring everyone, and so he's his seat was spare.
Speaker 3: So this other family came and just sat there and I.
Speaker 2: Leaned over all big move better bit of bank that you bet me carrying a piece. It is about to get real. You better have a shooter in that back or this ends. Now. I'm going to draw first.
Speaker 3: I'm terribly sorry, but I think you've got the wrong.
Speaker 2: But you run an empty seat.
Speaker 3: And then like he's getting he's getting out the thing, and I thought, you know what, it's not. I said, that's fine, you just stay there. That's I'm missing the play. I'm missing my maybe today, maybe.
Speaker 2: Not tomorrow, but at some point this comes back to you.
Speaker 3: But it was brilliant.
Speaker 2: Here's my card I run any for Challenged Young Children tyrannical. So the play was good.
Speaker 3: It was brilliant.
Speaker 2: He did good.
Speaker 6: Oh she was Oh can I just say proud mama? Moment I had tears rolling down my cheeks, which I know all you should have.
Speaker 3: I thought, oh, here's this girl.
Speaker 6: You know, she's six weeks prem and here's my little girl up on the stage and she's already talking about next year's production.
Speaker 3: She said, Mom, I so want to try out. I said, you should.
Speaker 2: You should.
Speaker 3: I'll be right there supporting you.
Speaker 2: No, that's lovely. Patsy, well done to Audie. That's great, and the whole casting crew as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy, I'm getting like me. You found yourself watching a lot of the coverage, and there is a lot of coverage of Royal Watch over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, our front living room has been transformed into my little cave, my royal cave. No one interrupts me. This TV is staying on the BBC. If you don't like it, you can go watch the other one.
Speaker 1: This is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watched a lot of over the weekend. Did you love? I thought I must call it Prince Charles King Charles's speech.
Speaker 3: I thought it was absolutely so insational. I love he's such a such a good public speaker. You can see he's done it for years and years.
Speaker 6: But I thought it was heartfelt. I loved how he included William and Harry. I thought it was absolutely perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was very very good. Actually I watched it with the kids like you. I actually got up and watched it live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, set my clock for two five seeing history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, moment anyway, when the kids got up and made them watch it again. Obviously, teenage is a tough sell Saturday morning, and your dad's been up for a long time. He's a little bit too activated. They said, Dad, you're really activated. They keep going when they get very excited where they go, Dad's activate again. I said, you've got to watch this is history. I was going to watch that roll in their eyes and put the phones away. It's disrespectful. Okay, this is guy's morning and he's addressing the nation. We can't of imagine what's.
Speaker 3: Being history is being made, just seeing history on fire.
Speaker 2: Anyway, at the end of it, at the end of it, I was like, look, I was watching it and then looking at their reaction at the end of it, I just went nailed it. They went, that is not respectful Dad. But he did. He now, But Patsy, you've got to be honest. A lot of the coverage over the weekend, so that Kosi's Coshie's out there.
Speaker 4: The whole show's out there.
Speaker 2: It looks like they just stood outside the front of Buckingham Palace and it's a long week ahead of them, and it's nighttime now as well. But anyway, didn't You've got to be honest. A lot of the coverage is finner, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Oh, just the car the cavalcade going from Bellmoral into.
Speaker 2: Any that's when there's a bit of action that the Coffin.
Speaker 3: Movie, what do you talk about for six hours? Is a car going They've just.
Speaker 2: Got various because there's TV. They've just got various mumblies on that. I was the former gardener. I was the former gardener's wife. And then you have these idiots who are called royal experts who basically just go They might be thinking this, this might be happening.
Speaker 4: That cavalcade from Bellmoral back into London. Is that lined with people the whole way?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's yeah, local villagers come out, don't they Christian to see and see as thes goes past where.
Speaker 4: She's going to Edinburgh then flying to London.
Speaker 2: Now she's yeah, it would lie in state in Edinburgh at st chances because theater, I think for the next day. So people like, yeah, yes, yes, not like doing at all. Listen, this is heathen.
Speaker 4: I'm just interested already.
Speaker 2: The Republicans have broken ranks. Wake up, people, wake up. So on Friday, we're obviously waking up to the news like everybody else that the queen had passed away and it was the morning of high emotions. And I tell you someone who was activated, Patsy.
Speaker 3: Oh now what have I done?
Speaker 2: No? No, no. Do you remember when we were talking and we had some Queen facts. Let me just play this back.
Speaker 4: Because we heard she opened the Olympics nineteen fifty six, the Lapper House opened that like the Townsville Barracks. How many things did she open?
Speaker 3: It would be though it wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Be all would be. Got an email hair from a Chris Christian team. This is from from London. Listen to the podcast about the tragic news of the Queen passed and was hoping to get cheered up by a good souse. At some point in the show, Jack read out the Queen facts and Patsy made the comment she must have opened millions of things after hearing that the Queen open up the Sydney Royd Opera house, then sticking to her guns when you questioned her about being an overestimation. I've done the maths Christians. I know it's not the show's strong point. If if the Queen had opened one million things during her seventy year reign, that would have meant she was opening something every thirty six minutes. Fair play to the Queen, non stop Christian twenty four hours a day, three hundred and sixty five this year for the full seventy years to get to a million. I just thought i'd let Patsy know. Thank you. Chris.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Over the past couple of months, we've been going through the nineties each week, and our eight has said, of the nineties, we're heading for the last few letters of the alphabet. Normally, on a Friday, we play our Friday game to do with our ages out of the nineties, the one second Winner, where Jack and Patsy take each other and I played them a one second clip of a song from the nineties where the artist or the song title is to do with that letter. I'm not saying that we're scraping in the bar at the moment, but we are. Here is the one second Winner. It's an extra large version of this. This has come from the mind of the producers songs or bands with big in them.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, the actual word big.
Speaker 2: That you picture it. This is this is tenuous.
Speaker 4: Big adjacent words so not related to size, mug.
Speaker 2: Adjacent. You should do more big adjacent, more interesting adjacent. Now coming up at seven today, all right, so do we understand you d all right, what song is this extra large adjacent to large? By this one makes sense? All right? Start from Jackie Boy there wins out one. That's what's this? Then extra large from the nineties.
Speaker 6: I've done all the big things. I've done all the big things, best things. Paul Kelly, you've done all the dumb things.
Speaker 2: You go through the whole variations of this. It is Paul Kelly from little things, Big things grow from little big.
Speaker 1: Things grow at all.
Speaker 2: It's a lovely song. That all right? Who's this?
Speaker 4: That's rush, No, that's big audio dynamite.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course big, yeah, alright, who is big?
Speaker 4: But I like big, like.
Speaker 2: Jackie Boy winning at the moment. What about this?
Speaker 1: Oh what big?
Speaker 2: Not that boy? Not that word? Another one? I want you, I want you, Yes, larger life back three boys, all right, Patsy you should get this one.
Speaker 3: Oh it's the Wiggles, big red car.
Speaker 7: That's so many.
Speaker 2: Jump bag.
Speaker 3: You need to get Gordy onto the Wiggles.
Speaker 2: Write it down, jack for that lady that runs the agency. Tyrannical baby music for.
Speaker 3: Every day, Oh every baby, I love your wife.
Speaker 2: Well done, Big Mountain, what a tune. This is a tune. I want to tell you.
Speaker 4: This is really encroaching in ub forty slow down reggae. Hey we do the reggae.
Speaker 2: The BP three isn't there? So chugs along? All right? Last one? Talk about it? Oh okay, okay, quiz show isn't there? God you're ready? Okay, talker about it? Is it?
Speaker 4: Food fighters?
Speaker 2: Yes, well done, I'll give it to you big mabout carry on team. Let's never do a quiz like that again.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Tell us about your weekend than the weekend you've just had in six words.
Speaker 4: And then you texted six words right from your phone on to tell us.
Speaker 2: Just tell your week cantle was? Were you what the barber chilling at home?
Speaker 1: Text us now?
Speaker 2: But only you six words in your message? All right? Six word weekend sex and in six words, not five, not seven? Use all six text of men? Oh four seven five three one oh four three, I've got two first one obviously depends on Friday night. The DS felt like a gone time traveling till when I got here four years ago. What happened is my six word weekend? After I was angry, I took at one a gut. You can't ely go to sleep, No more talk of dynasty now no back to backs. But actually my six word weekend is can I escape my lycra fate? At forty nine, I know very very very vulnerable some of my year right where barely a week goes by. I'm not invited out cycling with other men.
Speaker 4: My age, sands strong Christian.
Speaker 2: I'm struggling. Jack Hay, Miss Blake got in my head last week telling me to accept now and give up because you know he's into cyclic I know heavily into it.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 2: He sent me three messages on Friday and I went to look at a bike Saturday. I didn't get it. A stronger part of me told me to leave.
Speaker 4: You're allowed to ride a bike. This is what I don't understand. People can ride a bike without wearing the clumpy shoes and the licra. You don't have to break land speed records. On a Sunday morning around the Bullpark.
Speaker 2: I met a guy last week. We were getting on really well okay, and he said, hey, what do you do Saturday mornings and that's what the door goes. Why don't you come out with me and my buddy's on a bike. We go out cycling every Sunday morning, we have a coffee. We cycle back. Came close to thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, wear a T shirt and shorts. You don't have to get in the skin to.
Speaker 3: My clompy guys.
Speaker 2: I feel like I can't escape my licrapme.
Speaker 4: To me Nick when you're at the shop, Come call me, yes, and I'll talk.
Speaker 2: A sponsor having a tough moment. I don't reckon. I can hold out the air.
Speaker 4: Oh come on, bake into fifty at least changing.
Speaker 2: They keep saying the weather's getting nice. Come out on Saturday morning. We is going out for a couple of hours. We have a chat, a coffee, you come back. It seems a nice proposition.
Speaker 4: I'll be disappointed. I'll understand, but I'll be disappointed.
Speaker 2: You know it goes Jack. What was your six word? Weekend?
Speaker 4: Printer scanner can go to hell?
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 4: The worst news you can ever get in an email Friday on a Friday, mind you is please print and scan this document, sign it and send it back to us.
Speaker 2: It's awful, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how to print at home, let alone try and scan and get it back into the computer. Had to go and get ink as well from office works because that black cartridge I swear, yeah, it's got about five in. It's like, no, I'm done. Even though in our printer there's two black cartridges right on the mixes with the colors to make darker colors and then the normal black.
Speaker 2: Those cartridges are solid stuff in that. You see, there must be enough in every.
Speaker 4: Year when when the black ones run out for printing black and white, why don't you just the other black one that's in there, already in there, You've got black in and I need a print now.
Speaker 2: I refuse to top up the colors now. I make the kids right when they're printing of schoolwork, just to choose the black and white option. There's been no yellow and no magenta, and no choose black and white looks our school projects doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: We had to do. Actually, that reminds me. As kids, we had a rule with the printer that everything had to be printed black and white, and you had to go in the settings and choose draft mode which printed it.
Speaker 2: Like every time they print you have to unselect color and go into monochromatic world. I keep telling this is to help the environment. You know that they're growing into. This is what can save a couple of hundred bucks because cartridges are so expensive.
Speaker 4: Should be illegal to ask people to sign and print documents because they just do the digital stuff.
Speaker 2: But then it's the worst part of using that home set up, the scanner.
Speaker 4: Scanner.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how to get into the story way does it go once it scanned?
Speaker 2: Is it in there?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcasts.
Speaker 2: You to tell us about your weekend and six words on four seven five three, one oh four three Patsy, what's your six word weekend? Yes?
Speaker 6: Not even for our thirty eight dollars slab. We were out on the weekend and Chris noticed this massive, big sign. He was like an owl, his head like turned around like what was that? And there was a local bottle shop advertising slabs of beer for thirty eight bucks. He's beloved Melbourne and so we quickly turned off the road. But as we approached the bottle shop, we noticed that the shop right next door was a sexy Land And we were in his work car that is emblazoned with office works.
Speaker 3: He goes, oh, I think we'll just do it.
Speaker 2: You I thought you were saying that sexy Land was selling slabs for thirty eight dollars.
Speaker 3: He didn't think that would be a good A good look. Thank goodness, all.
Speaker 2: Right, and so six word weekends. Let's go through yours now. This is from Robert Lee. Took kids to the pool disaster. Yeah I remember in there when the as we're a lot younger taken than the swimming can be hard, hard, hard. This is on carl just purchased a house in Spain. Very nice, easily done over the weekend, isn't it. I've bought a new pair of slippers. I was kicking goals. A lovely new pair of slippers. You're winning life. You are your house in Spain. Very nice, Carlos. Where else? Uh? Sun road bike without training wheels A beautiful moment is yeah, well done? Lovely Tanya roller skating? What was I thinking, Graham Dixon? Because you know that you can scan documents with your iPhone. You don't need to print and scan, you can scan it with your phone. Our phones have got scanner in there.
Speaker 4: I've seen the app. It's like it app that makes it look like a scanner and you take a photo of it, but.
Speaker 3: It's a screenshot essentially.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's a screenshot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is that a screen?
Speaker 4: You still got to print it out and then you take a photo of it and then essentially.
Speaker 2: Sure if you can scan it, then the phone will have it and then you can see email it idea. Yeah, then why didn't you do that?
Speaker 4: You still got a printer and that's still the because then you don't need to print it because you got to print it off to sign it.
Speaker 2: Now you just sign sign it and then you can just scan it into your phone. That sends it. You take one bit down of it.
Speaker 3: What do you mean cross out the middleman?
Speaker 2: Jack? While you sound like a conversation with my dad. You're supposed to be a young hip one.
Speaker 4: You can't do that. Sign it with your.
Speaker 2: It's too early for this.
Speaker 4: It never comes out right.
Speaker 2: He's actually anyway, thanks for trying to help out, Graham Dixon. Forgot my anniversary with the Misso. There's several problems here when you forgot the university and then the fact that you're testing on a phone to us the Misso, I know you like chucking out on the end of that is Australia. But Misso brought a printer, no cartridges required. What are they using frank then.
Speaker 4: I guess they still use ink and maybe you have to poorly.
Speaker 2: What like you can't take it to a servo somewhere and is that what you do? I love to know she filled out once in January and it's top. Yeah, that's going to be a better way to do it nights And I'm trying to work out what is going for going on for this person. They're six words night shift tiredness. This bits makes sense, Okay, celebrating impregnated mum. Oh, her mom, so she's becoming a mom. Yeah, that's what's happening. Night shift tiredness, celebrating impregnated month. So they're celebrating the news that someone's announced they're pregnant.
Speaker 3: Or has she got pregnant after the night shift.
Speaker 2: Because it's tired the first of his night shift.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or they could be an adult and their mom is getting pregnant like in Father of the Bride.
Speaker 2: By the way, you said their mum is getting pregnant, like it's an active thing. She's saying there right now, they're at it. It's happening live.
Speaker 4: But didn't that happen with Steve Martin there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He was his wife was having a daughter in one room and his daughter was having a daughter in another room?
Speaker 2: How did you scare that document? Though? On the funds? How many questions today? It's like like a haiku you sent us? Please? You know who you are? Seven oh nine, night shift, tired and a celebrating, impregnated mum. I need to know. It's a very cryptic one. That is this was more like it from Laura hubbybuilding fence actually looking good. We understand what's going on there. Okay, we get your surprise there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast not.
Speaker 2: Long at all now till the Grand Finals. So what we are planning to do? It was going to be on the Thursday before the long Grand Final weekend. The idea is cool, put your car on the line. We're trying to line up as many of your cars as possible and they invite you to come along see how far you can kick the footy over how many cars and the winner obviously who can kick as many cars are possible? I hoping for maybe over twenty five thirty cars at the moment our lovely listeners have donated the car. How many do we have in total?
Speaker 4: We've got eighteen of your cars donated, including a tip truck, a hearse, a cherry picker, Bobcat and a nineteen twenty five hot ride.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. So we're can romp up on lines in a minute. So just a couple of things have changed now. One of the team actually asked if we were still going to be doing this on the day of morning, like, it's what the queen she loves smashing that ball at the back of Buckingham Palace. She'd kick off those high heels. The Corgiz woul run you go kick to get with the cookies.
Speaker 4: Wind up the carriages, I'll kick them over the top.
Speaker 2: That that lady could get is unbelievable. Now, obviously we will not be doing this on the day. Imagine if you turned on the radio and we're like, it's finally here, It's finally here. Roll up, Roll up Melbourne. How far? How many cars you think you can kick the footy over? Now we won't be doing it on the Thursday, on the day of morning. Guess what, We're going to move up to the Wednesday. So it's now going to be on the Wednesday on the line, Come put your cara the line. Question o'connells, put your car on the line. Any cars fineline those ferraris coming yet. But look it's a four week we got a week and half. We only just started this last week. The good news with good news is there as now is there's big cash at stakes Haven.
Speaker 8: Listened to this, Hi Christian, it's Alina calling from Sheen Panel Service. We'd love to get involved with the longest kick. We heard that you'll be kicking lots of footies over cars and let me tell you, we've seen plenty of cars with DNT in them from footies. So Sheen Panel Service are going to sort out five thousand dollars for the longest kick of the day. Good luck footy fans. We can't wait for the AFL Grand Final.
Speaker 2: Go d's obviously recorded when there was hope howsa have you? They've kept that in all purpose to upset me as a fan of the end that you knew you knew, all right, So five thousand dollars. It's now going to be one by one if you can kick it over as many cars as you reckon you can do so this week and lines are up and now nine four one oh four to three still need cars. Yep, well, how many in childs you reckon? Thirty we need?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we need about twelve more, ten to twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so we need your cars on nine four one four, one oh four three. We also need now that you know there's five thousand dollars up for grabs, we also need who wants to come along and see how many cars do you reckon? You can kick the footy.
Speaker 1: Over, Christian no connells show podcasts.
Speaker 2: Five thousand dollars, so you can ever kick the footy over as many cars as we line up a week Wednesday. There'll be Wednesday of twenty first, the day before and now extra long weekend for the Grand Final. We need your cars and also we need kickers. Now that there's five thousand dollars on the line, we're still holding out hopes that we do get a garbage druck. And also because Rio sings about it, will we get a fancy car, a fancy car like a Ferrari on the line? Come put your car on the line, question O'Connell's put your car on the line? Any cars fine.
Speaker 1: For slanes?
Speaker 2: All right, some of your cars that you're putting on the line.
Speaker 5: So far it's a white twenty and fifteen Infinity seventy.
Speaker 9: I got a blue Holden.
Speaker 10: Station Wagon, gray highlights, my workue, my tip of truck.
Speaker 5: I'm going to nominate all three of my company cars. So I've got a Bobcat, I've got a green Ford XF six.
Speaker 10: I got off you a cherry pigure.
Speaker 9: I can get you a hearse if you like.
Speaker 2: I forgot about the cherry picker. I forgot about the hearse as well. It really is like the wacky races. That's what we want a week Wednesday ideally, isn't it? Nine four one four one o four three mel Hello, Hello, Now I recognize your voice now, so you are mad?
Speaker 9: You No, I've read that these five thousand dollars on the line now, so if my car is going to get pulverized, I'm going to have a kick.
Speaker 2: So, because last year, when you offered a she car, you were saying it was your son that you were going to let have a go now, but now you've heard the money, you're pushing him out the way. Yeah, brilliant, this is great.
Speaker 4: You don't think that your son would have shared the money with you half to No, I don't.
Speaker 9: Think he can get the time off, work down and see this is the problem. So but I've already teed it up with my boss so i can get the day off. So I'm going to have to put off.
Speaker 2: Do you think this is for when I did like a halftime show with Robbie Williams before Robbie's at the Grand Final. He's in a car parking in the morning.
Speaker 9: I'm going work right now, you see, so I've got to get the.
Speaker 2: Day off, gotcha, gotcha?
Speaker 9: I thought, no, Baggert, I'm going to have a go.
Speaker 2: Well. I love the commitment to this. You've you've got hard yo.
Speaker 9: I'm just murry now I'm thinking, oh my god, how's my tagging to come out?
Speaker 2: And he's an announce of your commitment. Friday, we would have won that game. Now we'll see you that Wednesday.
Speaker 9: I'm looking forward to love.
Speaker 5: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Mel Let's go to you all right, Thank you later, gotcha, Let's get ready at the day of Mark. Good morning, Mark, Good morning Christian and team. Now are we yeah, we're good. So you were about to put your car on the line.
Speaker 7: Not quite a car, it's it's actually pretty special. So my weekend passion is vintage fire engine, and so Graham and myself from fire Engine Adventures would like to put forth our genuine nineteen sixty seven decommissioned J two Bedford fire engine.
Speaker 2: This is beautiful, this would be great. Thank you guys, no problem whatsoever.
Speaker 7: We're really looking forward to it, and then we'll have it a quick.
Speaker 5: Kick of the footy.
Speaker 2: Is well absolutely, I tell you what. We love those old fire engines. About four years ago we wanted to buy one and have as our own kind of black thunder like an old fire truck, and we came very very close. Jack and I were actually going to fly to Sydney it was in Sydney and drive it back. Unfortunately, wiser mine said, you're not buying a fire truck.
Speaker 7: Okay, but I'm very understanding wife. So yeah, we've we've we've managed to buy a few. So there's there's a few in the wings. One of them came from Sydney as well, hopefully it wasn't the same one.
Speaker 2: And you guys, we're going to buy you also. Great. They're great looking on fire engines, aren't they.
Speaker 7: They are brilliant. So we've we've got a couple of Bedfords. We've got a Dennis and we've got a few other things.
Speaker 2: Now the Denniss are the current ones, aren't they the big newer ones? They're the Dennis. The Bedfords were the original sort of more rounder design. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Mostly Now you see scanniers and in the nineties the Isuzus, but to go back before that to the Bedfords and Dodgers and you know, all that sort of stuff. So Austin's they were the vintage day.
Speaker 4: He said, this one's a genuine, isn't it mark?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So this was a Western Australian fire truck decommissioned and it's been operating doing children's entertainment in Melbourne for the last twelve years. Awesome and all of central Metro Melbourne. So we pretty much go anywhere and we do weddings and things. But as with the new fire trucks that are coming online to join the fleet, we're sort of expanding and there will be wedding catering offered as well as the wedding vehicles. And I was going to ring in about that too, because you were asking for good business names and I think we've hit hit it out of the park with this one. So that's going to be called Steaks and ladders.
Speaker 2: Really good.
Speaker 4: Actually, you serve the steaks out of the back of an old fire truck, correct, Why not? Sure?
Speaker 2: You think about that big old fire truck. They've got so much going on out there. They're like Swiss armon and ice on wheels, aren't they. They've got so much going on. They've got the hoses. You could get a whole sort of coffee machine there. Really with all those hoses and outlets and inlooks going on. Drink man might be like pouring beers all those big tanks that you have all the water in and fill up with laga.
Speaker 5: I love it, love it.
Speaker 2: This is great. Steaks and Ladders is a great name as well. Mark your legends. Thank you very much for doing this. Okay, thank you, and then we'll see you our week Wednesday.
Speaker 7: No worries, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna be moving on. But if you still want in, and we do need your vehicles, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. But thanks for now.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, I was in Walworths and I was going through my phone notes right, and I realized that I actually have saved on my phone notes a recipe for roasted pumpkin. And as I saw it there, I thought, jeez, I'm getting old and now save recipes my phone. Not just that, but a roasted pumpkin recipe. What has happened to me?
Speaker 4: It's not even a full dish, it's.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful scientist. So I want to know what is your damn I'm getting old moment? What's it for you? Patsy? Those at moments you have when you realize I'm getting old.
Speaker 6: I get far too excited about buying kitchen storage options. So my last purchase was like a lazy Susan from my spices. Oh it's a life change.
Speaker 2: Great idea. Actually, spice rackers too small, isn't it? For all those spices?
Speaker 4: How many spices do you have that you can't reach them all?
Speaker 2: And that you have thirty? They're all just in random places? Where is the Italian season? I've got papicab, but what about smoke paprika?
Speaker 3: And all the bottles look the same.
Speaker 2: They're like they look got red tops and some have got green. Yes, what is the difference?
Speaker 3: Well, it's brand, I think, is it Continental or no, Campbell's might be red in the.
Speaker 2: Green mice off.
Speaker 4: This radio station is aging as we speak.
Speaker 2: The ears are flying my Jackie boy, Well, excuse me if I wasn't you last week were moaning about someone learning to play the drums in your street? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Actually that if I am getting older because I'm irritated by kidder our street.
Speaker 2: You love rock and roll, you want to When I was a kid, I actually.
Speaker 4: Wanted to play drums and my parents wouldn't let me. And I encourage any young kids who want to get into mutic Yeah with a jack curfew. But after eight pm, he's got no rough neighbors. The babies are trying to sleep, guys, but even some parents are eight sticks. Do you museic theory at night? Drum in the day.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: We got the TV on in the studio. As if London isn't suffering and grieving enough, They've got Costy out there now basically being ignored by mourners.
Speaker 4: He's trying to do rhyming Brian outside the gates of Buckingham pellas.
Speaker 2: They sent the role man out, they send met to get stuck Amo on the mourners and the bouquetse. He'd be shinning over those gates getting in there, Christian. So we're asking today, then, what is your damn I'm getting old moment, Christian. Mine is when I get on the floor to play with my grandchildren, I have to look for an escape plan, something I can pull myself up with halfwards. Those pics that the mountaineers have and grand bons Sharon and Geelong. That is very good, Christian. My damn, I'm getting old moment just happened to you trying to work out why some of the spies jars have different colors. It's not the brands, it's that one color is for spices, the other colors for seasonings. Oh really, now I know. Thank you, bam. All right, let's take some of your damn I'm getting old moments? What were they we got here? Tim? Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 7: I knew I was getting old last week when I was pulling on a pair of tracksuit pants.
Speaker 2: And I've done my back, Yes, I did mind severely two years ago, trying to lift a couch. It's awful, isn't it, Tim.
Speaker 7: Yes, it is, and I'm still not working now a week later.
Speaker 2: Oh my, God, you've really done it. Yeah, I was out for a couple of years. It's actually agony, isn't it. It is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a pinched nerve.
Speaker 10: One goes all the way down my leg.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See this is what old people do as well. Once someone starts to talk about backs and go, oh god, that happened to me. You've got to go see my back guy. That's how my damon getting I actually have a back guy saved in my phone. Tim, I hope you get better, mate, Thank you. All right, let's go to Justin.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Good morning, Christian. There are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm good justin? What's your dam and getting old? Moment?
Speaker 5: I realized I was getting old last weekend when I was doing all the garden and spending all alfly out there and then side back and spent the next hour just looking at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, there's a gene that gets activated when you were certain age where you go. I'm can I spend more time out in the garden.
Speaker 5: I wasn't say the worst. I was having a beer in the wife and man and asked me what I was doing, and I didn't know what to end.
Speaker 2: Joining the garden.
Speaker 5: I'm enjoying the garden.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, justin. That's a great one. Thank you very much for calling. I have a good day.
Speaker 5: Thanks, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Have Courtney coome Onning, Good morning. How are you? I'm good Courtney. Have you had a good weekend? What's it for you? You're I'm getting a old moment.
Speaker 10: I brought a broom covered from Bunnings last week, from a laundry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is it. It's what about those brooms? Yeah, you got a good one.
Speaker 10: Yes, it's got three doors.
Speaker 5: I can put my detergent, my toilet paper, my laundry basket.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's living, isn't it. You know I live in Why don't Courtney. Let's go to Sam. Good morning Sam Christian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my getting old moment was when I heard my next one neighbors actually playing music at six thirty at night and i' mknocked on the door and asking the turn of downy.
Speaker 2: And nineteen minute later six I can't even use That's a great one, Sam, Thank you very much for give us a call a broker.
Speaker 1: No, you're listening to the Christian o' carl show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian message to Jack. It is illegal for a band to play in a residential area if it affects the health of neighbors in the era, Keith, don't tell me this and have that kid arrested. I have to get some old twelve year old. It's going to be on Roby tonight in the big House. What are you wing for? I was just learning the drama.
Speaker 4: It's against it. If it's against the law, it's against the law.
Speaker 2: Dragging down allbreaker, I'll do a citizens All right, we're looking for your What is your moment? Where you are? Damn? I know I'm getting old? Nine four one four one o four three, Kylie, Good morning, good money, Kylie. What was your getting old moment?
Speaker 9: I know I was getting old when my little girl asked me to turn the hero and I said no, grab a jumper and sox.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yes, that's a classic argument. Kylie. Thanks you called us. Go to Nicole Hi Christin, Hello Nicole, Welcome to the show. What's your I'm getting old moment?
Speaker 10: I know I'm getting old because I get really excited when I go stay in a hotel, which is is really not so much for staying there, but so I can collect all the free shampoo.
Speaker 2: What do you do? What do you do with him?
Speaker 7: On.
Speaker 2: My wife does the same thing as you, Nicole, but my wife keeps us away guests come to stay. She was going some nice thing for Guestsam on the bed that we're running some sort of mini hotel, Hoteliconno, yes, what do you do with yours? Nicole?
Speaker 10: I learn that in the bars and I lookt.
Speaker 2: A little gallery there. Nicole, thank you very much, and called Tom, good morning.
Speaker 10: Tom Christian. My life one is where I'm watching Unti's road show.
Speaker 5: I can do most evenings and getting all the prices right in place?
Speaker 4: Getting the prices right, isn't it?
Speaker 2: And so isn't it funny when you sometimes you see some money grabbing person who's gone on thinking this is going to be the big one, and they go this is worthless, and they go, all right, yeah, around the world trip, Tom, thank you very much. You called let's get a Carl. Good morning, Carl the Christian.
Speaker 5: How are I?
Speaker 2: I'm good Carl? So what was your I'm getting old moment?
Speaker 5: My wife and I were looking for a house to buy for our retirement, and we were told we were too young to purchase in the area we wanted to buy in because you have you have to be over fifty to live in that area. And I'm fifty and my wife's forty seven, so they wouldn't let us purchase a property.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm fifty In April, I might go just to be told I'm too young before I turn fifty, just to hear that, Oh what a moment. I didn't know that they had. We can't have you, you forty nine year olds bringing the average James down.
Speaker 5: Well, we wanted to retire because it's a nice Quai community, but unfortunately we're too young.
Speaker 4: So I essentially your wife got I d like you were in a bottom shop and knock back.
Speaker 5: I reckon, it's discrimatory.
Speaker 2: You're right, it's shaming. You are and also Carl, but it is I'm getting old moment when you actually starts to seriously not talk about your retirement, but work out where you're going to be living in retirement.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we're retiring this year, so it's it's kind of in a bit of a hurry to find somewhere. But they wouldn't let us live there.
Speaker 2: You died earlier. You're done. I didn't know that was a thing. I'm very much not done. There is still many more miles ahead from me. I didn't know it was an option. No one told me. I didn't check the teas and sees I signed up to about ninety. I was gonna be a radio show somewhere. God, oh, enjoying retirement. I'm jealous.
Speaker 5: No worries we will, but yeah, we're quite a sad. We can live in with the old people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing, Carl, thank you very much. She call all right, that is amazing. Let's get Justin back. We first spoke to Justin. Justin, Hey on, I feel so sorry for you with your off work, with your bad back. At the moment, I'm going to give you the family past to the Melbourne Rules Show and the showbag as well. Maybe they'll have to will you're around there or carry you, but I'm going to give you the tickets.
Speaker 5: All cool. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: That's the right pleasure. You get better soon.
Speaker 1: Christian Connalls Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Time for this week's miss her lyrics. Thank you very much for everyone who sends them in every single day. Every Monday on the show, we go through your Misshurd lyrics. Let's get into this week's there's some great ones.
Speaker 3: It's just another miss h.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's miss hurt lyrics. All right, when we go through your miss herd Lewis, if we agree with what you think you're miss hearing, you're here. If it's a while swinging a miss. And for the great ones recent Hall of famers, Gas got a Hall of Famer last week, the Amateur Affliction, don't lean on me, there is soap in my eyes. And Debra Zanetti also with Kate Bush all the love so now where they ring? I get Martin Sheen to let them in. That's a great one as well. All right, brand new ones here we got here, Connie Williams something to be by Rob Thomas original line, stand Tall, I don't want to get walked on? Or is it according to Connie stand Tall, I don't want to get a wanton? Yes, it's in there, Connie, Ethan Lou has David Campbell's when she's gone, When she's gone? Or is poor David having a wedgie and now the wedgy's gone, he's gone. Yes, he's in there. And you know what, Ethan Hall of Favor, He's let's go to Mark Moving Pictures. What about me? They never ever see him from the top, or is it they never ever seen a foot on. No, absolutely not. Bryce s Crawford has got Jimmy Barnes, I gotcha, Now kiss me hold it a long time? Hold it hold? Or is it now? Kiss me holden A long time? Holden is in there world? And Bryce listener is from an American listener who catches up on the podcast, and Stone roses, I want to be adored. Our other Stone Rose are saying I want to be a dog.
Speaker 3: I can't hear the good all the way from you know what I say?
Speaker 2: Give it to her. You're right, she's emailed all the way from America way great one. Uh this comes from This comes from Brett crumbling Down, John Mellencamp. Second best is what you get to you learn to bend the rules. Wise words there from Johnny. This is a tough one to believe. I reckon it's in there or is it? My best friend Kate, she loves the kangaroos. At first thing, there's no way you can go from the original line. Second best is what you get till he learned to bend the rules. To my best friend cap she loves the kangaroos, but one hundred percent is there? Yes, he advertises she loves Kangaroos. Brett hall favor very good, right, well done, Thank you very much for those Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Do you think we should be out there? All our rivals on TV are out in London right and I'm the only English guy in the country broadcasting. Do you think we need to be there?
Speaker 4: They could, They couldn't give us weeps when we did the weep pix Eady challenge. How are they going to put us on a flight to London?
Speaker 2: Tell you what? Why don't you a right? Why don't we just get sound effects in the background some London buses, the London du people would just think, just if we just say it and have some background atmos, people will believe it.
Speaker 4: I'll work on a British accent overnight to be a man on the street.
Speaker 2: Cancel that idea right now, cancil Idea team, stop writing pens down. Let's now not do that. It has been an extraordinary couple of days. And yes I was catching up with with my dad back in and it is the liveliest skype chap we've had this year. He is very the chest has swelled. He said. I said, how are you feel about it? And he said, proudly British son, No one does it quite like us. It is amazing, the pageant tree and the bomb before.
Speaker 7: No. No.
Speaker 2: I actually said, I think you've been waiting for this your whole life. He's going, uh, it doesn't live in London. There's about two hours away. He's getting on the train. He's going up this week to pay his respects. And I said, do you know what she happens? Then he goes, well, you'd be curing for hours to get him where she's lying in staff, which is an incredible thing. And he said, then the rules are that you can't stop, you just shuffle past. And I went, how are they enforcing that? You know they've got like an umpire, but like at the tennis, hey move, how do you How do you know what's shuffling? When does shuffling stopping? Yeah? I mean if it was me, I'd want to try a shoelace is to get a really good gold gore at the coffin.
Speaker 4: No, maybe it's something like a trapdoor opens or.
Speaker 2: Four through into the lions. There has been as the days go by, the demands for around the clock coverage are huge. General series is you know you've got coffee's out there. He's hanging around his night term in London. People don't want to blissfully unaware that he's brought us in live to Australia. They're more interested in taking phones to some of the bouquets than chatter Gooshi. There is a lot of tenuous links. Now. I saw the Daily Mail push this story out yesterday Excluse Exclusive. World's biggest news online service is the Daily Mail Online Exclusive. Royal bee Keeper has informed the Queen's bees that the Queen is dead. This is the world's biggest online news outlet, the Daily Mail Exclusive. We got to get that. Beat the others to this. Haven't got it. I've got the big one. The Royal bee Keeper has informed the Queen's beet that the Queen has died. How do you mean those Let's get those swarms of bees together to go, guys, guys, go stop mucking around. Seriously, No, no, no, no, this is a sad one. Don't muck around now you're feel bad when she's dead. Jerry, Jerry, come on, choke this, Jerry. Haven't we spoke about this she's dead. No, she's she's dead. She's gone. Guys, she's gone.
Speaker 4: No, not your queen. Output We now got a king bee.
Speaker 2: Okay, go figure. I know, but this has come down from above, so I don't know. They're going to be part of the procession now. To cheer them up, they're gonna they're gonna carry the funeral ten thousand angry bees, or.
Speaker 4: They use the bees to sting people who are standing still.
Speaker 2: The non uploads. I also saw and Australia thank you very much this, I mean so many acts of respect from Australia. I thought what they did with projecting the Queen on Sydney Opera House looked great. Also what looked amazing was the Frankston machers that lowered the Maca's flag to half miles. Thank you Australia, Thank you.
Speaker 4: There's tributes as well coming in from all kinds of businesses. Every business took to Twitter. Domino's. Everyone at Dominoes joins the nation and the world in mourning the death of Queen Elizabeth. Beautiful Heines. Everyone at Hines is deeply saddened by the passing of Queen Elizabeth. But the cake goes to the Crazy Frog who knew he was even verified on Twitter? He said, simply, rip the Queen.
Speaker 2: Has he ever commented on any other news events or it's just that one.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Melbourne is the hay fever capital of Australia. Allergy season has officially begun. Now did you too really get this to you? Terribly? Oh? It's rough, rough, all right. So we're looking for your allergy movies. This is going to test your allergy knowledge. But my allergy friends, you'll get all these because if you know, you know, clear and present dander.
Speaker 4: I have been tested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a certain type of pollen, isn't it. Oh it's high. It's high. Allergy fans right now are high fiveing me around the city. I get you, I get it.
Speaker 4: He's okay, Silver plus.
Speaker 2: Rash hour got the heart play. That's the level of the room rush as I know. Saturday Night hay fever all live in my nice white suit, Silver silver plus for the little bit of detail. Along came Pollin Gold, Harry Pollen and the order of the Ztech.
Speaker 10: There we go.
Speaker 2: I found the room clear, President Danda wasted. All right, Jackie boy, what have you got allergy movies.
Speaker 4: The Heels Have Pink Eye, Okay, yeah, Gold, Sneezes, christ Superstar Silver, the Stepford Hives.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. That's very good Gold and Horden hears A. You could have done a bit more on the borders, but I'll give you gold minus.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast beston Shows.
Speaker 2: It down the time waist, So you have to go see Sting Live. We're looking for your allergy movies since we head into allergy season. Edward Sniffle Hands Gold from Dave tell Fast and the Furious Gold, Sneezy Rider Silver, Ten Things I Hate about to Gold from six year old Sadie. Don't mess with the Ztec Gold? All great, aren't they? U? Kirsty did that one? Very good. Edward Scaby's hands. Sure it's an analogy, is scavy? He's from sort of pirate disease or sort of scapes the shaw Shandkerchief Redemption Gold. I don't camp that is good, dude. Wear's my EpiPen Gold Sliding Spores from the Pollen Express. Damn that train spelling. It's pollen around this dummy year from.
Speaker 4: Mickey B Silver plus.
Speaker 2: Got a lot going on there, Mickey b instead of pitch perfect, it's perfect gold. When Harry met Sneezy silver, giving CPR to miss days he lived, damn it live gold, pall gold year, so many bronzes, so about only bronzes. He's finally come good. Look at our boy, Shew.
Speaker 4: They grow up so far.
Speaker 2: Let's cheer him off to the show. Well, the itchy, itchy bang bang silver, locks locks, stock and two smoking bounce becomes coughs nott and two smoky eyes silver almost Chris sneeze, just not that inty gold Shimder's itch gold. Glady Inhaler, just get Oh that's better, that is better. Kung fu Danda keeping that Danda wrung gooing, thank you? Carry all right? These have been great? Who is winning the tickets to go and see sting?
Speaker 4: What do we think of Paul from congratulations.
Speaker 2: God loves trying this show as well. Yes, you are well done. Paid off, persistence, paid off, Paul and Coo.
Speaker 1: Up well Christian no Connell's show podcast this.
Speaker 2: Week on the show, very excited by this. We had this planned about two or three weeks ago, but sadly our pet psychic sinus infection. I'm not making this up. She had a sinus infection, and one thing he's got a sinus infection's paying for anyway. But it can block up obviously, the messages you get from the spirits. The spirits, Yeah, I don't know, let's just make them out.
Speaker 4: She just sounded like she had a.
Speaker 2: I'm having real trouble. I think it congestures, the hay fever. I can't hear from all the Egyptian gods speaking to it. Zeus, is that you zoos? God, my god, this bloody hay fever this year?
Speaker 4: But she's back, she's Oh my god, the science.
Speaker 2: Isn't cleared up, and she's got a direct line now to your pets third eye. What I did not sign off on that I did not want. This radio is suffering right now. I am still mourning, my queen. Who put that up there? You made it when you drunk. This is called where's your pets head At? Oh no, you make it. I'll play it. Where's your It's just a guy yelling. It sounds like, you know, you broke into the station of the weekend Hammond, and the music does not at all. Just someone yelling where's your pets head at? Disconcerting. It's discombobulating as well.
Speaker 4: Make it stop now, I've got to start this infection, all right.
Speaker 2: So we really have got a psychic on the show this week, and she can tell you all about what your pet thinks feels. And here's the kicker what it was in the previous line. So I know that, you know Larry my cat professor really professor of science and fair play to Larry. You don't even talking about it a lot keeps very helow. You must see me fat around sometimes. Now's going that ain't a right angle? And Nichs of my German shepherd dog was a soldier. Not just that, not just that. Get this. She can also predict the future. I'm not making this up, Marina. The pets psychic trouble is tough to have all that power. And now I know somethimes when she's looking at me, she's going money, don't back the d's against she I bore me Friday and MoMA like, what is it? I know you've got the power. What do we do to bridge the how do we harness this power? You know the future.
Speaker 3: But you're a dog get her to do the lotto numbers this weekend.
Speaker 2: Actually, you're quite right. Okay, if I should pick six as my first number, yeah, I just take her in the little news agent as well. Put my dog in stuff fill the mouth, all right? So who wouldn't want to know what that pet was in a previous line or what supernatural skills they've got. If you're up for that. Marina is going to be on the show Thursday. You can call in now to boot your spots. I think this will get busy. I bet you're desperate to know yours, aren't you, Patsy?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, but maybe not in the wake of the weekend because he had a lot of a loan time at the weekend because they're at the play all weekend.
Speaker 3: So he was very sulky last night.
Speaker 2: All right, is this a bit strange when you see he had a lot of a loan time.
Speaker 3: What was he doing sulky?
Speaker 2: He's not a laptop open and I'm just deleting it. It's hard to get that poor to wipe your history.
Speaker 4: Now, he's very worried about what is going to say.
Speaker 1: This is The Christian O'Connell Show podcast