Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the yugen Bah region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrestrid Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. And what I often think we get stuck in is, you know, we start getting self aware and we're like, I'm in this bunk, I, you know, have lost my mojo, feeling burnt out, blah blah blah blah. But we want someone to save us or something to save us. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Kunker Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson, lawyer turned entrepreneur, business owner, new mum, all the things guys today. We we're so rogan December. It's not a hotline, ap a hot line, not a kid what is it? We've got one of my famous pet talks, Aitia. It's so good. I like the energy in December for me is just like I do what the fuck I want, and it's the end of the year and I'm all about like vibey energy, calling myself out on my own bullshit, making like huge steps towards my next level self, getting clear, doing the things. I'm gonna of a high because as I record this, this afternoon, I'm going to a solo like retreat. It's not gonna be amazing, it's gonna be so efaic. So I'm spending tonight by myself, and then tomorrow night my girlfriend is coming and we're spending the whole time. Actually, so she wants to do do it for your Future self coss, Oh my gosh, I know. So we're kind of gonna do it together and just pull different parts and do do that together. But basically it's like a bestie planning trip where we're going to journal and get clear. Because when I use the do it for your Future Self course, I really use the planning stage in the course for my businesses Rise and Conquer Neaked Armist if you didn't know what in case she didn't know, in case she didn't know. But what we're I'm using this trip for is really getting clear, and like, personally, I love that what I'm calling in next year, all that sort of she's net So I'm so excited, Like that shit is just like it's it's my vibe. So I'm really really excited. But yeah, so anyway, that was a bit of random. But we're doing a pep talk today and I'm telling you guys about how I called myself out on my own bullshit and kind of just chose to like step out of this negative story. And this is a whole This was the whole process of then creating the new course because I could finally see clear it clearly and just be like I'm I'm sick of like being in this negative story and life being this way and me changing external things, but my internal world, you know, wasn't shifting. And then that meant like my reality wasn't shifting. So it was like a whole big process. But basically, this guy's is a pep talk of if you're in a negative loop, if you are just not really loving what's happening right now this yourself and you're like I just need a bit of a reality check and to get out of this funky energy. You guys are going to love it, but just two reminders. So the do It for your Future Self course is now open for enrollment and we start Jan first. So, guys, this is a course. Like I said, I created this from a struggle myself of just being really stuck and like so just feeling really stuck. And what I did is I took space and I used a whole bunch of tools to kind of get clear on my next level self because I hadn't done that since having IVY and up leveling in business, et cetera. And I put it in a neat little course for you, and we're going to do it from Jan first. Every day a module is going to unlock, and I've made sure that it's only going to take you thirty minutes. And so so the whole thing is to do it at the start of the year and really like harness that new year energy to get clear, to build fun dations, to set your goals, to set your habits, and just have like a really clear plan for twenty twenty three because like I said, like like I've said a million times, like if you're not clear on where you're going, you're going to go nowhere farst. So if you ask someone who like wants to do that and that sounds really good. Yeah, we've created a whole course on it. It is only seventy seven dots seventy seven dollars what I mean seventy seven dollars and seventy seven cents.
Speaker 2: Seventy seven dollars dot seventy seven dollars.
Speaker 1: That is what I Meanitor, guys, it does only sense dollars and seventy seventies. You keep that in. I don't give a far And yeah, we'll put a link in the show notes. And then second reminder is we released a Freebee Abundance ebook, So if you want to work on your money mindset for the new year, we've got your back. It's super pretty. Isn't it a tear? Oh my gosh, it's stunning. It's stunning. It's like, can this be my mood? Born? Yes, that well, that was the vibe we wanted to create. So if you're someone who has any funky money beliefs and that's something you want to go deep on, it's completely free. The link is in the show notes. And lastly, recommendations.
Speaker 2: A tia should we just say it on three since it's the same.
Speaker 1: Thing three to one Wednesday and not the day the show on Netflix. I think we both binged it last week. I binged it because I was hungover from the n H Christmas party. Oh yes, which was lots of fun and I'm obsessed. So me and a tea, We're having this conversation and I'm like, it's just done so well. The characters, the plot, the story, like everything is flawless. Her fashion sense. Oh, I'm like, do I want to dress like a goth now? Because I kind of do? Do you reckon? Yeah, I'm it all black today and I were all black, I know, so so viby, and yeah, I just love her dry sense of humor. Like the one line is, I'm like, it's amazing. It's amazing, guys. If you haven't watched it, go watatch it. Watch it this weekend. We both finished it in one weekend and it was just Yeah, it was epic. I will say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very much the kind of person that I will watch five minutes of something and if I'm not gripped, I won't carry on. So I started Wednesday early last week when it had just come out. I watched five minutes and I was like, I don't think this is for me. It's a bit dark. Really yeah, So I turned it off and then my best friend was just like messaging me and.
Speaker 1: She was like this is like. She's like, you have to watch it. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, I'll give the first episode. I'll finish it off. Finished it, did not stop watching it like it's amazing. So if you're put off in the first little bit, just keep going.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because I would say the first five minutes, I was so intrigued, and I was like, give me more. In saying that, I remember finishing the first episode and thinking, fuck, so much has happened. Yes, I like literally had to double check because I was like, have I watched three episodes? Don't you reckon? It's one of those it's fact. Anyway, guys, go and check it out. We promise we'll have like a non tvsion recommendation.
Speaker 2: I have a non TV show recommendation. It's a newsletter called Screenshot This, and it's by Zara wom So. She is a writer and I think she's head of editorial content at Mecca at the moment, but she has her own newsletter that's personal and she gives you a recommendation to read, watch cook and then listen, and it's always different every week. And I found it this week and I just like Binge read her website if that's a thing of like all her recommendations, and it's just like it's something different every week.
Speaker 1: It's like a little bit of spice.
Speaker 2: This week she recommended to watch a TikTok on scientific ways of how to make friends as an adult.
Speaker 1: So it's just like it's a bit it's not really self development, but I love it just general. Yeah, I love that. Let's put that link in the show notes. Yes, okay, amazing. Let's get into the episode. Let's get into quick disclaiming guys. This episode's a bit of tough love. Yeah yeah, I was telling a tear about my notes on this riff and she's like, I feel personally into Actually, I was like, shit, guys, today we've got one of my famous pep talks where so this is a pep talk where I had this pep talk with myself and I had to call myself out on my own bullshit and in saying that, I do give myself leeway. But I had been sitting in this story for the whole year and I was like, fucking enough is enough. I'm actually so sicky you. I had the epiphany in my car and I remember having this exact PEP talk and then writing it in my notes, sending myself an email and be like, I've got to have this with the RNC fam because I just feel like some of you may need it, and that's fine. I agree with that like a tearfl So basically, what I want to chat to you guys about today, I want you to think about at the moment where you are leaning into a negative story about something, yourself, your reality, anything. So I know this time of year, like we are feeling a bit burnt out, there's a lot of you know, events happening. I'm sure you're trying to wrap up for work. Maybe you'll like us where you just had this big Black Friday sale, you know, and things are happening. But what I kind of noticed is a couple of months ago, I kind of had this pet talk with myself and I very much called myself out on my own shit because I was stuck in this weird negative thought loop. But what I didn't realize is, because you know, I would continue to think in that way, it then continued to be my reality. Yeah, and so I kind of wanted to bring this up with you guys and be like, whereabouts in your life are you maybe really in your head about something? Maybe it is Oh my god, it's the end of the year and I'm so burnt out and I just need a holiday and work is so hard and my boss is associate and I tear I However, you don't think that, not at all.
Speaker 2: I like can't relate.
Speaker 1: No, that's so mean. I don't really understand if people feel like or maybe you're like me where you know, I have been in this weird negative thought loop all year of I am struggling to be a working mom. I can't get my mojo back with my creativity and like just in this like weird funky energy and a big thing that I realize when we get in these like funks and we get in these like negative thought loops, it's kind of what I've said about we in them and we can't really see anything else. So we continue to, you know, have thoughts and live our life in this loop. And then because we're always manifesting, that then becomes our reality. And it's like I said, this like weird loop. And what I often think we get stuck in is, you know, we start getting self aware and we're like, I'm in this funk. I you know, I have lost my mojo. I'm feeling burnt out, blah blah blah blah. But we want someone to save us or something to save us, Like for example, you are Tea being like, I'm so burnt out. I just need the Christmas all days. Yeah, I just need those five days, Like those five days will thank every day in my life. I'm going to change my life. Yeah, and they're not.
Speaker 2: And I think especially with when it's New Year's it's so easy to just use that. Yeah, like in the year, I'm going to get on top of my fitness. In the year, I'm going to get to gym every day. Like if I'm not going to gym every day, now, what's gonna happen? Why do I think that a.
Speaker 1: Random day is going to change that. We're really funny, and I think what we get stuck on is thinking that something externally is going to come in and it's going to change my life, whether it's a person, whether it's a thing. And I want to chat to you guys, about, you know, my negative thought loop where I was I'm a working mom, I've lost my mojo and I've I have spoken about this weird negative loop the whole year, so it's very obvious that I was in it, and I really want to tell you about when I, you know, kind of like realized I called myself out on it and like, yeah, call myself out of my own bullshit. And I just want you guys to think about maybe what's happening in your life where you can do the same. So my example is literally, I remember I changed so many external things to quote unquote fix this problem, you know, like a tear. I hired you, Yeah, I hired a whole new person. In the podcast, I told Jamie's just got to move to Queensland. I'm like, that will fix everything. You know. I did certain things about you know, with Tim and Ivy. Yeah, all these external things. And it's funny because I remember a couple of months ago, I was sitting in my car and I'm like, I've changed so many external things and I feel the fucking same. And that's when I realized, Because what we need to realize is we can change all the external things. It can be a new year. We can have a holiday, we can do this, we can do that. But if you're not changing the internal stuff, the internal dialogue, the internal thoughts, your reality will never change. And we all know all this. But again we get stuck because it's the end of the year. And of course I feel like this. I mean, we get stuck in the stories you tell yourself, the stories we tell ourselves. And I wanted to explain it to you guys in a like feeling of in the way of energy. So like, if you think about it, if you're in a season of stuck energy where you don't feel, you don't see a clear way forward, and you're always looking outside of you for something to change to you know, something to come and save you. You need that job, you need that person, You need something to happen before you get what you want. It is a trap and you're stuck in your own trap. You've given to yourself. So tears like fuck. So it's like, let's be self awaren us. Let's call ourselves out on our own bullshit and be like, no, I'm not playing into this story anymore that I give myself. And of course there is legit things like let's talk about the moun stuff. Of course, being a mum and then having multiple businesses and a team and all the things. Of course that is going to be a barrier. Like that's not me gaslighting myself, Like, I fucking know that's a huge barrier. But then I look back at my life and I've always had barriers. It's just like when I wanted to start Naked Harvest and I didn't have enough money, that is a legit barrier that I had to deal with. Yeah, So it's just it, and I did, and it's so clearly. Yeah. So it's just like there's always going to be a legit barrier that you think is you know, stopping you all the reason why. But what we don't realize is like there's always going to be that barrier, and it's silly for us to think that this is a different story compared to the other stories we got out of, if that makes sense. So I kind of had to call myself out and I was like, stop repeating this story to yourself of you're a mum now, so you're not creative, so you can't do this, So you can't do that, and let's like, yes, life is different, and yes this is a legit barrier. But also you've always had blocks and barriers you've got over. Let's actually just make a new story. And I know that might sound like, excuse me, what do you mean? Just make a new story. So since then, what I had been doing is literally telling myself this new story and pep talking myself for weeks before it actually felt normal. So I would sit in the car and I would be like, I just I've decided I'm in a new story. Yes, I'm a working mom and I'm a fucking badass. And my baby loves me so much. She thinks I'm the best mom. I am the best mom. We have the best home life. Tim is so happy, my team is so happy. I've got really strong boundaries. As soon as I get into the office, I'm so creative and I'm so switched on, and you know, like I would rift and I would literally go off in my car, usually put on a timer. I started off three minutes. But it's great if you can kind of do ten. Ten is like my sweet spot bit three minutes. That's all you have to do, where you literally pep yourself up and you tell yourself this new story. Now bear with me. There would be days where I would then walk into the office and everything would be a shit show and I wouldn't feel creative, and you know'd have to deal with all these things. But after a while, I literally just started to feel different. Yeah, And I remember, I remember the direct moment because I called Cooper and I was like, I'm so sick of myself. I'm so sick of blaming being a mom and thinking I have a hard life. Like stop Georgia, like, and I think we all do this. We all think everyone the grass is greener, everyone's got it, you know more, everyone's got it better. I've got the most difficult And of course, like I'm so self aware of my life is amazing. But that's what I mean. I was in that negative loop where I couldn't you know, I couldn't see it, and so I had to Yeah, I had to do that. I started doing the riffs, and I think it was just about like remembering my own power, like remembering I actually have a choice, even though some days I would get in the office and there would be shit storms and you know, fires I had to put out and this and that being like I'm doing amazing, even if I didn't feel like it, like affirming that and really giving yourself that new story continuously because we need it, and it's crazy. I think it took about two weeks and I then just started to show up differently and life started to just feel that little bit more easier. And then, like I tear it was, it was like a good two or three weeks. And then remember I had that good period of space where I literally told her around like like after Candy Land. After Candy Land, I had space. I was telling myself these new affirmations. I was stepping into this new story, and I would also like visualize of like, you know, if the world was perfect, quote unquote, what I think it should be, like, how would I show up? And then I would walk into the office and I had to really work on it. I had to really think, and I really had to pull myself out and like really be disciplined with that practice, yeah, and sit in that new story, even if that was three minutes of my day, and then the rest of the day didn't you know feel like that? And I just noticed such a difference. And then like you know how I then created they do it for your future self course, like yes, within days literally day literally days. I came out to tay Ran and I was like, I've got it doing a new course. It's launching it descend me. Yeah, and he was like what.
Speaker 2: I'm like, good, I remember you, like just came in here one day and you had your planner and You're like, this is next year and I was like, oh cool.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I literally had my planner and I was like, this is what I want to do. This is the outline for the new course. And it's because I had created space. I had obviously done a lot of the tools that I give you guys in the new course, but also I just called myself it on my own shit and taken my power back and been like, you know what, I actually get to decide how I feel. I'm not leaving it to these external things that I think I need. I'm not giving them my power. I'm taking it back and I'm deciding how i feel. Yeah. And then yeah, so then I created the course, and guys, that's like something I haven't created new material in years, and this is you know, me postpartum creating a whole new course, which I'm literally obsessed with. Like, if you are feeling foggy or unclear, or like kind of similar to me, where you're like stuck in this negative thing and you're like, I need to like call myself out of my own shit and I need to get over myself and I need to just do the thing because.
Speaker 2: I am me.
Speaker 1: You know, no one is me. That is my power sort of vibes. And so if you're feeling like that, our seven day course do it for your future self will be amazing. But also just as you're listening, like be like what negative loop am I constantly feeding into? Yeah, have a thing. And then also like just adding on to that is I want you to think about where in your life that you're maybe call us out go ahead. I feel like a mole where you're maybe being a bit drama like do you know what I mean? And this is going off the I feel like sometimes we get so in our heads about something and it really like we pull ourselves in and we're like just very dramatic and we don't let it be simple. Yeah, And it's like, where in your life can you literally just let things be way more simple and almost just trust that things are going to work out instead of giving your energy into worrying about that problem. You know, hours of the day. Let's sit in that feeling, Let's do that riff, you know, three to ten minutes of the new story, and then let's just leave it and let's just keep you know, moving forward, not buying into the dramatics, which I did majority of this year. So I just want everyone to know, like, this is not me being cold hearted towards you or anything like that, tough love, because I'm this pep talk is literally for myself, and I will play this episode for myself as will I. It will be in my saved sections. I just feel like we get so in our heads. We tend to dramatize things. We tend to worry about silly, silly things, when we could be putting that energy into positiveness, into actually going you know what I am doing great. I'm a great human. I have people around me, I have a great life. I'm fucking so grateful the fact that I have, you know, I use to live in, people to chat to during the day, a car to drive to work, and like get back to those and just be like, where am I actually being a bit dramatic here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And where can I simplify it and kind of sit in that rather than thinking everything is the end of the world, rather than you know, me dramatizing. I literally would get so in my head about not being creative and like that was the end of the world. Yeah, and it's like, that's so silly, Georgia. You literally have a team and you literally like you can still do the thing. Yeah. So it's like, slow down.
Speaker 2: I feel like that happened and can get triggered so easily when someone gets thrown off the path that they've sort of planned out in their head to reach a certain goal.
Speaker 1: Yes, like for me, this is not how it's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like for me to get to X place, I need to first say, you want to buy a car, and you have a car that at the moment, and you want to sell that car, make a certain amount of money from it, and then then you'll get your next car. That's your plan. But then this car you're in an accident and is now written off people just and I've done it.
Speaker 1: It completely throws you.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, this is it. That new car is not meant for me. I'm not gonna be able to get You don't know that insurance isn't going to turn around and give you enough money for the deposit for your next car anyway. Yeah, Like, it's so easy when your plan to reach, especially when it's a goal that you want to work towards, when your plan to that is thrown off even a little bit, it's so easy to get into that loop. And then the stuff that happens after you're in the loop reaffirms the loop because you're attracting the bad thing.
Speaker 1: Because you've got the evidence for it. Yeah. But this is even what I was thinking, because I was like, Georgia, you literally have you know, you're a manifested galley, manifesting galley. You trust the universe. So if you don't feel creative, what makes you think that that isn't perfect? Do you mean like being like, why are you putting this expectation on yourself to be something? If you completely trust in the universe. Yeah, you just need to be. You just need to be. And that's wow, that's what I mean. I got so caught up in this expectation of what I should be, of the goal I should have, of the steps I should have, But when we strip it back and we're like, no, everything is actually working out perfectly. So I'm just going to be I'm going to constantly affirm of what i want, the new story I want. I'm going to sit in that and I'm just going to be and it's perfect. It's like you're on a rollercoaster.
Speaker 2: Do you want to be scared or do you want to enjoy it exactly?
Speaker 1: Oh God? Is not just mine fucking little bit. I'm like, oh no, But like, imagine if we sat in that feeling of all the time everything is just working out perfectly and everything is I'm literally perfect. Everything is perfect, you know, like this isn't there's no expectations of other than what I'm doing right now. Yeah, that is the expect and it's perfect. Yeah. So that was my epiphany, and that's what I wanted to share with you guys, because I think we can get really stuck in our own shit and I just wanted to remind you that you are perfect. You're exactly where you're meant to be. And if you do, if you're listening to this and you're like, yeah, wow, I've been stuck in a bit of a shitty mindset and in a weird negative loop, and I'm kind of ready to make the shift. I'm ready to put in practices and lay the foundations and really start to you know, change things up. Then the seven day course Do It for your future self is going to be amazing and perfect for you. But it's like, here's the big catch with it is, I'm going to give you the tools. You're going to go through the seven modules and complete the exercises. But the big thing, like, even though we do exercises like creating goals and creating your dream vision of like what you want your life to be about it and what not, the biggest thing and like the biggest hack that you can do is not let yourself get in this negative loop and not let yourself kind of get stuck where you feel not good enough or you're not like completing goals or this and that, and like holding that higher vision of what you want for yourself and your life, like I truly believe, like I say that was put on your heart for a reason, that bigger vision. But if you cannot get fucked up with the steps that you're supposed to take, you can hold onto these practices and really sit in the feeling. And when you know things go quote unquote wrong, you can be like, oh, this is interesting, but this is perfect. It is all meant to happen this way. That is when you were going to have the best twenty twenty three. And I'll teach you all that, so don't stress. I feel like what and I think, don't.
Speaker 2: It's so good to have your bigger vision and you absolutely need it, but don't wait for that to be the thing to fulfill you, because if you're waiting for that, you're never going to be fulfilled, and it'll take you that much longer to get to the bigger vision and it'll be a lot more of a slog. Whereas if you fulfill yourself with where you are at and you know that it's perfect, and you know that you're just as happy doing what you're doing now as you will be when your bigger vision comes to life, it'll be there in no time exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's actually what we do in day three of the course is I get you to create goals and then I get you to do something very different. Obviously I'm not going to tell you. I get you to do something very different so you can feel that feeling like when you haven't reached the goals, So you can feel that feeling now. Yeah, So yeah, it's all very important and like literally, life is just about hacking your mindset. If you want to be happy now, you can be happy now. You just got to learn to hack your mindset because society has brainwashed us. And we ain't doing smart goals, dear, We're doing it differently.
Speaker 2: Do you know how much smart goals were drilled into me as a child?
Speaker 1: I did smart goals for years and you really yeah, if you we're not doing smart goals now, we're doing things differently. It's going to change your life. And then these tools are going to be like incredible. You're going to use them all year. But yes, make sure you join us. Go check out the product page. Do it for your future self. Your future self will thank you and we'll be doing it all with you from the first of jan and then imagine by the seventh of jan you are clear on what you want, You're clear on your bigger vision. You have your goals, which we're not doing smart goals, we're doing a different You are able to see how to be content now not once you see those goals and you've laid all the foundations, like imagine how your year will go if you feel like that on the seventh day of the Yeah, I'm so excited. I'm so excited. We'll put the link in the show notes. But thanks for joining me this episode where we just were brutal, we called each other out of our own shit. I feel like we need to have this pep talk to each other every month.
Speaker 2: I think, so add it to our monthly.
Speaker 1: Pet each other up? What bull should we call each other out? And guys, if you feel personally attacked, that's amazing. That's a great place to be into use that energy. All right, Thanks guys, thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on what ever platform that you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.