Speaker 1: I'm gonna make an admission, Laura, one that I'm not proud of. Recently, we had our Christmas break, like our holidays, and I went overseas with my fiance Ban.
Speaker 2: We had a marvelous time.
Speaker 3: I was living vicariously through your Instagram. It did look very lush.
Speaker 2: So we're in Switzerland.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 2: Then we were like, we're freezing, We're gonna go get some warmth.
Speaker 1: We went to dubai Ah and I officially hate to say it, but I became the person that I hate on holiday. Like I have complained about these people, like to test them, and now it's me.
Speaker 4: You're the person who puts their feet on the seats with no shoes on, aren't you.
Speaker 2: No, that's you, that's me, that is you.
Speaker 3: I will never. I would never. I would never.
Speaker 2: Actually I did. I do do that sometimes now.
Speaker 1: But this is on par with you know how much you hate Like the carousel where you get your luggage and everyone starts to it's called the carousel creep. I've just decided to name it that, the carousel creep where you slowly creep towards the carousel where your luggage is coming.
Speaker 2: Then all of a sudden it's so congested.
Speaker 1: No one can see their luggage, no one can get their luggage. But you have to join the four otherwise you'll miss out. So then you become that person.
Speaker 4: There's so many of these things, like the etiquette's on planes, like whether you recline on a short flight or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well this one is.
Speaker 1: This is I've upped the carousel in my opinion. Where at this beautiful resort in Dubai and they have a beautiful man made beach that they have all these lovely chairs with umbrellas like lining the beach. But it's such a busy time because it was New Year's and it was such a busy part of Dubai, like huge resorts. And mind you, this is quite expensive, like because it was New Year's if you were paying through the nose for a hotel, and so each hotel has its own day beds for the beach. So we were going down the first few days and we were struggling to get a seat. We were like, why can we not get a day bed? This is crazy, like we're paying so much money to stay here and we can't even lay on a bed and enjoy the property. Then we looked out the window early one morning, and we saw people going down and baging bags in the beds with their towels or put the towel down, put a bag down, and I watched some days they would not come back for hours.
Speaker 4: It's like you go down in the morning pre breakfast. Yep, you lay your towels out, you put maybe a hat and some goggles or something that you mind if it gets taken, and then that's yours.
Speaker 3: You claim it for the day. Yep. Controversial. So you're an asshole, Ben, that's what you did.
Speaker 1: Ben and I we were having sleep ins. It's our holiday. We're a little roll in the hey.
Speaker 4: Maybe before we got the day started, but we weren't early rises.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, we had to start doing it, I said. I said to Ben, I hate that. I'm going to ask you to do this.
Speaker 1: We got a T shirt each that we didn't mind if it was stolen, and we got towels and I would make Ben go down in the morning and bags beds. Then would go to breakfast, and then we would then see the people later that would come down that couldn't get the bed.
Speaker 2: But then what do you do?
Speaker 1: You have to do?
Speaker 2: But you have to join the dark side, or you don't get to live your holiday lives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then how long do you take it for? You take you've monopolized that all day?
Speaker 3: Well, no, when we left, we would go. You did just leave it there overnight. You're like, this is mine for an entire week.
Speaker 2: We set up a camp.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: This is what people are doing with cookers now, cool obarnas are taking over Austrailer everyone.
Speaker 3: It's the epidemic that we never saw coming.
Speaker 1: People are going down to the beach in the morning and bags in beach space. They put their cabana up.
Speaker 4: Do you remember last year we had a caller and they were This was on Life on Cut podcast. They were angry because they came back and someone was using their coolk obara. But they had also just assembled a cook obana in the in the morning, they left it at the beach.
Speaker 3: Then they'd gone shopping.
Speaker 4: They've gone and done all the other things during the day and then come back to the beach in the afternoons.
Speaker 3: They wanted the same spot. It's not real estate. You can't just pitch a cook obana and leave it there all day.
Speaker 1: No, Actually, it's funny you say that because at the time you had the opposite opinion.
Speaker 3: You were like, yeah, I'd use it.
Speaker 4: No, I think it's use I don't think if you leave an abandoned cool cabana at the beach, I think it's free game for someone else to seek shade from the sun.
Speaker 1: I'm ashamed by my behavior, I will say that. But I do think if you can't beat them, join them.
Speaker 3: I think there's a limit to it.
Speaker 4: I think you can if you're if you duck down pre breakfast and you put your towels down, then you go and have breakfast, and then you make it to the pool, that's okay. But if you're like lulling about in bed and you're making it down there for an eleven am start, I just think of all of the people who were there with kids trying to get to bed.
Speaker 3: You and I would have just moved your stuff.
Speaker 2: This is my question. Reckon you can just move yup some chowels.
Speaker 4: If you can't move it, if there's bags and clothes and stuff, if you know for a fact that they are not at the pool, I reckon you can move it.
Speaker 1: You don't know because they put stuff there. It's like props. They take props. It's an elaborate scheme. Now, Laura, I want to know.
Speaker 3: What you guys think. We're going to put a pole up on the Pickups instagram.
Speaker 4: If you think that this is okay or if this is real a whole behavior, I think it's going to divide people. It is, it is all right, Well, look something else for you'd ought to be mad about. People are very angry at the person who owns the apartment where Sex and the City was filmed. You know this the apartment, that iconic one. Then Harry, Yeah, that should always come out the front of So the person who owns that wants things lockdown, and everyone has some very strong feelings about it.