Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's excitement in the air. Lady. What is it?
Speaker 1: Can you feel it pulsating through the room, brit can you? I can feel something pulsating, Laura, can you? I'm so excited. You know why.
Speaker 3: It's because Life on Cut is going on to our baby and by Life on Cut. If you haven't listened to our podcast that Brita and I.
Speaker 4: Do every week for over four years, four hundreds, you've been missing out.
Speaker 3: But the reason why we're also excited is because Mitch is joining us and the whole Life on Cut team is.
Speaker 1: Going on to us.
Speaker 4: We have eight locations around Australia and New Zealand. We're going to Adelaide, per Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coach, Canberra, Brisbane, then over the Pond to Auckland.
Speaker 2: And then to walk Us.
Speaker 1: That's the international part of the tour way.
Speaker 5: So if you listen to the pick up every day and you're like, god, I love these guys, or if you listen to Life on Cut, you can now see all three of us live in person.
Speaker 3: And you can just get your tickets, go and jump onto Life uncutpodcast dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: And you can get all your tickets from there.
Speaker 4: One thing we are going to say, We've got a lot of guests all around the country. Every single place is a different guest. They're all amazing, but we're not gonna tell you who they are. What we will announce is our opening act is the one and only Sam.
Speaker 1: Fisher said, he's got.
Speaker 5: Set. He's gonna love me, leave me alone, sit, He's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be so Sam. He's gonna be on to it. You'll get us, You'll get Sam.
Speaker 3: And you'll get Brittany horrendously singing to Sam's music. It's gonna beautiful.
Speaker 1: Everybody promised to lip sync only.
Speaker 5: That's so exciting, guys, that's so fun. We're gonna have a great time. All right, let's do the show today. The pickup starts now. Next, we've got an Ask gun Cut, which is a Life on Cut podcast favorite. We answer a listener's question they need help end today the age of old question. My partner doesn't get along with my friends? Is that make or break well?
Speaker 6: Boy?
Speaker 2: We'll answer that coming up here at the pickup.
Speaker 5: Thanks to Chemists Warehouse heading today great savings every day the Pickup Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is Brits, Laura and Mitch.
Speaker 5: Thanks to Chemist Warehouse rushing this Father's Day for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices Chemist Warehouse, they'll give you a great savings every day.
Speaker 3: Ask um cut, So ask uncut is a show favorite. We do it every week here at the pickup. It's where you guys, you're calling. You give us your deepest, darkest, biggest problems, and even if we might not have.
Speaker 1: The skills, we'll do our absolute best to answer that, We'll.
Speaker 2: Give it a shot.
Speaker 5: We've got Lea on thirteen one O sixty five. Hi Leah, what's your issue? How can we help?
Speaker 6: Hi? So I found the perfect man, but he doesn't really get along with my friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, well save me.
Speaker 6: They've spent some time together. It's always just really awkward. And every time I talk to him about it, asked, he just says that there is a weird Okay.
Speaker 4: So when you say it's awkward, is it awkward because he's just disinterested, couldn't careless back get to know them, he's bored? Or is it awkward because he has made it abundantly clear he does not like them.
Speaker 6: I'm really unsure to tell. But when I've talked to him about it. He's just he gets a bit quiet about it all whenever he's around them. When he talks, it just seems to come out as really judgmental when he does actually think.
Speaker 2: Thema Is it mutual?
Speaker 5: So does he say, God, babe, your friends are weed? And do they talk to you going, hey, your boyfriend's a bit weird? Or is it one sided?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I know it's it's very much mutual. I think they both have come to just not get along and don't like spending any time together.
Speaker 3: So what do you I mean when you do go out as a group, Like, what does he do? Does he just purposely not speak to them? Did he not put any effort in at the start?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: I think a bit of context around it is so important because it's a massive red flag to have a partner who just doesn't like any of your friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I thought if they spend a bit of time together they would be okay. But it's kind of been this way from the beginning, where he's naturally a pretty quiet person. But I think when he does speak, they tend to take it the wrong way. I think they just don't know him the.
Speaker 7: Way I know him.
Speaker 4: All Right, here's a question if you have to choose between your friends or your boyfriend, who you pick.
Speaker 6: In I can't choose.
Speaker 1: Well, You're going to have to figure something out.
Speaker 4: It's so important to have them all in the same room and the same function and events and everyone in your life get along. I think it's worryingly isolating when you have a partner who doesn't like your friends, And especially if you've had boyfriends in the past and your friends have always gotten along with them. If you all of a sudden have someone in your life who your friends don't like and he doesn't like them, I think it's a pretty big litmus for the fact that maybe there is something wrong there. And the fact that he's not putting it in any effort.
Speaker 3: To me, that's a huge red flag because your friends have your best interest at heart. They want you to be happy. So for me, I'm like, he should be trying, and in turning around and just being like it's because they're weird. I don't want to put in any effort. For me, that's a red flag about the partner.
Speaker 5: Oh, I think it's a I think would Julia, I'm not putting this back on you because I think he's a grown ass man. He can, he can make a conversation totally, but is there any way Maybe he's got to be of social anxiety. Anyway you can bring him in a little more. Maybe because I've been in relationships in the past where I felt my ex hasn't integrated me well enough into the friend group, because it can be awkward and intimidating to come into a partner's friend group. You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're a really close group. So I'm thinking maybe what I need to do is make him more comfortable. Maybe do an activity that's more.
Speaker 4: In his forte twister play twister group twist.
Speaker 3: I'd be having some big conversations with him. I think if he can't try and put in some effort around your friends, I think that that's a really big that's for me is it's a big, big red flat.
Speaker 2: I agree, Lea, all right, I hope that helps. Listen.
Speaker 5: If you want to go to the pickup dot com dot au very exciting announcement. We're giving away tickets to our Life Uncut Live show on the pick Up website.
Speaker 3: Yes, but if you want to, if you want to find it more, go follow the socials at the Pickup as well. But we're going to be giving away quite a few tickets. Do you lucky listeners to come see us a lot?
Speaker 5: That's right, And the next ask gun cut call we have on next week, we'll give a double pass two check you get a pass and get brick.
Speaker 2: Because you've got them in your pocket? Are you okay to be the one that gives it to them?
Speaker 4: I would love to be the one that gives it to them.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Well, that's next week, and go to the pickup socials. Make sure you're following the pick up socials for all the gosts.
Speaker 3: Now, I know a lot of you know that it's bookweek happening. If you're a mum, you will be very well aware. And I have a story that I think you are going to relate to because I had the biggest Book Week parenting fail.
Speaker 5: All right, next on the pickup. Welcome to the pickup Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse head in Today Grade Savings.
Speaker 3: Every day, guys, it is the week, the week that every parent hates. We hate Bookweek and that's what this week.
Speaker 2: I love. Bookweek. Growing up, Bookweek was the bear.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're not a parent, You're not a mum. And you don't have to organize the costumes for all the little kids and a new book for every single day. So originally I thought bookweek was just one book and one costume.
Speaker 1: Totally is it not?
Speaker 3: Well, not my kid's daycare. It's one book, one costume a day. That is fourteen costumes.
Speaker 1: Sorry, no, that's wrong. That don't go on a weekend.
Speaker 4: That is ten costumes and ten books. Now, the reason why I've lost cout is because things were great on Monday.
Speaker 3: I you know, like I kind of forgot it was book Week, but I pulled together a pretty good costume and the kids were impressed.
Speaker 1: This is what happened on Monday, Ma, what do you lols?
Speaker 3: Frag wins Urnen, the penguin and the little unicorn.
Speaker 2: Are the confused.
Speaker 4: The costumes aren't very good. Molly May's four. She was a mermaid. The book wasn't about mermaids. It was about unicorns. And Lola was a penguin. But she thinks she's a cat and that's okay. She's too She can be whoever she wants to be in life and in book Week. That photo will have to go on the pick up Instagram. You gotta look and okay, it can absolute.
Speaker 1: It's very, very cute.
Speaker 3: I was so proud of myself because I pulled together Monday's costumes and it was an easy breeze.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 3: Tuesday they went as the tooth Fairy and some sort of princess found other books that related. But we walked in on Tuesday and there was like hardly anyone dressed up. Wednesday, same thing. Even less people were dressed up. So you don't have to well, I mean, kids just kind of lose steam for it, especially the younger they are. They just kind of, you know, it's all exciting on the first day. By day three four, I was like, they've forgotten about it. We walked in yesterday and there was almost no one. There was two kids that was it. One kid was a dinosaur and one kid had a little badge on a spider man, and I was like, oh, okay, thank god. All the parents collectively we've decided that book week sucks and we're going to give up by Thursday.
Speaker 2: Nice, that's just what you do.
Speaker 3: So this morning I hadn't organized any costumes because I realized, you know, we're not gonna bother with this anymore.
Speaker 1: It's too much.
Speaker 3: I get the kids dressed, I get them to the door, and I need to leave to go to work. My beautiful husband, Matt, he's the one who has to do like the getting the kids in the car and getting.
Speaker 1: Them to day care.
Speaker 3: And that's when Maley remembered that it was book week and she didn't have a costume.
Speaker 1: And then this happened.
Speaker 2: Oh no, she's all right.
Speaker 1: Is she? Oh no, she's not, but she didn't have a costume. Went on for forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh I mean I only know this because Matt called me forty five minutes after it started to tell me that I left him with this to deal with.
Speaker 4: Why did you throw a hat on them?
Speaker 1: Or I tried say there is something No, no, no, I tried.
Speaker 3: We had a hat with a line face on the front, and I stuck her on Molly's head, and I was like, you're like, you know that Zoo book.
Speaker 1: There's this dumb zoo book, which is like you know that they sent me a pet?
Speaker 2: Thinking it too much?
Speaker 5: When I went to school, my mom for bookweek made me captain underpants and I just wore jeans and a button up and then she put andies on my head.
Speaker 2: That's and I thought it was the best thing. And they weren't even washed.
Speaker 1: And you got teas for the next ten years of high school.
Speaker 4: I did. I think. I think my mom forgot my sister Sherry. She got some crepe paper that she definitely already had. It was brown crape paper, wrapped it around like as a mini skirt, and then wrapped it around as a boob tube, stapled it together so we couldn't get in and out of it. It was staple to your skin, toilet.
Speaker 2: Then she got.
Speaker 4: Heaps of leaves or and one around the head as well, Beanie, heaps of leaves from the garden, stapled the leaves on and we were little gumnut babies.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: You know what My real issue is that book week. It's gone too far. Parents are taking it too seriously now, and I think what an underachiever would say, Laura, But I am just setting my kids up for what life is full of disappointment, failure, failure.
Speaker 2: That's all right. Well, next on the show.
Speaker 1: I love you dearly, Mitch Jury. You know that.
Speaker 2: Thank you you do, Laurie. You want to say it too.
Speaker 1: You're a lovable, lovely man, Mitch.
Speaker 4: But I got some serious dirt delivered to me on you on the weekend, and I'm not going to protect you.
Speaker 2: I'm throwing you under the bus.
Speaker 1: You do it, Okay, Okay, here's an ad.
Speaker 5: This is the up with Britt. Laura and Mitch rush into chemist Warehouse. This Father's Day for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist Warehouse, great savings every day. I'm feeling a bit anxious to be honest.
Speaker 4: Well, we love you, Mitch Jury. This is what I want to preface this with.
Speaker 1: We really really do love you.
Speaker 4: You're such a beautiful, wholesome, kind giving present.
Speaker 1: Thought chin I was gonna say about Britt. Now I'm worrying.
Speaker 4: The Chin has nothing to do with this, Laura burn I discovered something about our very own Mitch on the weekend that I never thought I would have heard in my existence. This is serious dirt, and we've got a reassess. Mitch and I went out to dinner on the weekend. There are a few people. There were four of us, but Mitch arrived first to the restaurant and I arrived second because.
Speaker 2: Britt texted me, going, don't be late. If you're late. Friendship over so I was like.
Speaker 1: There dramatic, you imagine me saying that.
Speaker 4: I walked in and I went I was about to give my name, say booking for Brittany, and I was like, I'm booking for And she goes the waitress she Mitch is already at your table.
Speaker 1: Let me take you through. And I was like, oh, Mitch, when did you become such a celebrity.
Speaker 4: She knows Mitch's name, she knows who I am. I was like, they've done air due diligence. This is amazing. So we walked down. Mitch's sitting there already.
Speaker 2: With a cocktail martini extra extra olive.
Speaker 1: Very thank you, very dirty.
Speaker 2: Fat James Bond.
Speaker 4: So I sit down and then the waitress comes back over with another martini and she says, here you go, Mitch, another for you. Puts it down and he said, oh thanks. Maria name dropped and I was like, oh, I thought I must have gone to school together.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, how do you guys know each other? This is so cute.
Speaker 4: And without skipping a beat, she goes, oh, I will never forget Mitch Chrue. He came in four years ago. He was the rudest person to me that I've ever had come in this restaurant.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, no, I said, I said, what what you so? Did I hear that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Mitch was rude. She's like, Mitch was rude.
Speaker 4: And I said, I don't believe. I still thought it was a prank. And I said what happened? And Mitch was blushing And I said what happened? And she said, it was Valentine's Day four years ago. Mitch came in a request at a table and the tables directly behind us, So apparently she goes, I sat him on this table directly behind you, which was a high table, you know, the high ones.
Speaker 1: I mean, these details, brit are very specific.
Speaker 2: Degree.
Speaker 1: This happened four years ago.
Speaker 5: Considering I'm sitting right here, would you like the actual story?
Speaker 1: This is version's irrelevant. This is sorry.
Speaker 4: Mitch booked on a date a table and he got given a high table. And she said he absolutely cracked it because he wasn't happy with the table that he was given on Valentine's Day and China impress him.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 5: No, what happened was it was the first Valentine's Day with my partner at the time, and I wanted to impress him. And it was a very fancy restaurant we were at. It was a five star restaurant.
Speaker 3: There is nothing more impressive when you're on a date watching your partner be rude to wait stuff so impressive.
Speaker 2: No, but I was trying to throw my weight around.
Speaker 5: I said, Babe, I've got us a table at the hottest And it's a restaurant in town. And we walk in and she says, here's your seat at the bar, like a plub So I see you are a plan. So I held my partner's hand, he was shaking from the trauma, and I said, I said, don't worry, babe, I got this excuse you. I booked weeks in advance, and yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 5: I was trying to show off. That's not who I really am, and I apologize. But also we're friends now, so that there's not a problem.
Speaker 4: I think it went a little bit further than that. And I knew that you would debate this on me. So I have the very lovely waitress Maria on the phone.
Speaker 1: Hi Maria, you don't.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hi?
Speaker 2: How did you get Maria's number?
Speaker 1: Because now I'm friends with Maria.
Speaker 4: Now I'm the third reeling, Maria, what was it really like?
Speaker 1: It was there?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 3: I mean, four years on, do you really remember Mitch's being one of the rudest customers you ever had?
Speaker 7: Definitely, especially since I saw you recently, you know now it's very fresh in my Memory's very much the way you describe it. It's very demanding, very disappointed, Maria.
Speaker 3: Maria, has has he gotten better over the years, because look, you know, he can be a little bit of an asshole, but we love him.
Speaker 1: He's a lovable one.
Speaker 7: No, we love him now. Yeah, he's great.
Speaker 2: No, no, Maria, But the story is also true, Maria.
Speaker 5: I want to take this moment and extend the olive leaf and say, I apologize for those four years ago, and I'm no longer with that partner. And he was the one that made me angry and toxic. It's his fault and I'm now I've shid that dead weight.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 4: Let's get to know what the best part is the best part is that Mitch was like on his best behavior because our friend Rebel Wilson was there, and Mitch was like, I'm going to impress Rebel Wilson.
Speaker 1: So he sits down, I think goes putting his best behavior, and the waitress walks up and she goes.
Speaker 5: You what.
Speaker 2: We tried? I tried my best. Thanks Maria for our Sunday lunch.
Speaker 5: Okay season see no bad Blood tried to damage my name.
Speaker 2: It's impossible.
Speaker 1: I did not try and damage.
Speaker 2: I was just shook.
Speaker 1: I didn't even believe it. I had to ask her three times.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go. We're done.
Speaker 4: See Ul tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Say ay,