Speaker 1: This episode was recorded on cameragle Land. Hi guys, and welcome back to an episode of Life Uncut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura, I'm Brittany.
Speaker 3: We have all just come back from Melbourne for the weekend where we all had very very different weekends.
Speaker 4: We had the same weekend with different experiences. We all went down to the F One.
Speaker 1: It was definitely different.
Speaker 4: We went to the Grand Prix, which where well, I don't know. I don't want to speak on behalf of you, Laura. I'm currently obsessed with the F One. I was obsessed before I went because I got sucked into watching Drive to Survive, which is the documentary on the F One. If you guys haven't seen it, I recommended it a few weeks ago. It's I completely forgot that it was your vibe as well. I haven't seen it yet, but I should watch that.
Speaker 5: I alsuly think it's funny that it's called a documentary, which I know it is actually listed as a documentary, but to me, it seems a lot more like reality TV.
Speaker 1: PR propaganda.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't I actually wouldn't say it's propaganda.
Speaker 1: It's properly a bit strong.
Speaker 5: You get my point, I don't to me, a documentary isn't as interesting, so I see why they would make it into something that's a bit more thrilling.
Speaker 2: That's weird. Documentaries are so interesting. You love documentaries.
Speaker 5: I like the way that Netflix now make documentaries which I don't necessarily think are documentaries.
Speaker 1: I think it's an opinion of a story, which is what I think the drive to survive it.
Speaker 3: I think they've done a very good job from what I've heard of sprinkling like a little bit of like Desperate Housewives or whatever it's called in there.
Speaker 2: It's like like the Kimon not Desperate Housewives. Real house watched the whole series. Let me tell you about it, Real Housewives of the track.
Speaker 1: It's what is spread Housewives? Please don't come for me.
Speaker 4: What it does, and I think it's brilliant. I think it's doing a great thing for sport. Every single individual sport, if you haven't noticed, are releasing their own documentaries basketball, football, golf, whatever it is they're putting a documentary and it's making the sport grow to completely new levels.
Speaker 2: Even when we saw like the Aussie Matilda's.
Speaker 4: What it's doing is just creating another level of connection, another parasocial relationship, where the second that you feel connected to anything in anyone it's like the number one marketing tool for any business. It doesn't matter whether your jewelry, it doesn't matter whether you're Coca cola. It's forming a connection. So people are getting to know these athletes and these drivers. There are parts of the story where they're talking about his father passing away and how he wanted to complete this race and get into the F one from F two before his dad died, and all of a sudden, you're connected and you fall in love with the journey in the process, and then you love the sport because you love the person. I think it was done brilliantly and that is why we've seen bigger crowds than ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very evident.
Speaker 3: This year was like the most incredible turnout for the Formula One and like we went a few years ago and don't get me wrong, like I absolutely love it.
Speaker 1: Like we had such a great time.
Speaker 3: I say it was a different experience because I took my children and you guys were off like being at a sip champagne in a box where and I was on a ferris wheel, which they had a great time and it was a fan, I reckon I had the number one view of the entire race course.
Speaker 1: But it's just it's a different experience when you do things with your kids first, when you get to have a babysitter. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was a choice you made. I don't know where to go that was. That was your choice. I had a great one.
Speaker 1: Your choice.
Speaker 5: Just on that thing that you were saying about it becoming more popular, Brere, I listened to a podcast and I thought, this is so interesting. So this is in North America alone, so I don't know about worldwide stats, but apparently the streaming rights of the Formula one used to be sold for about five million dollars per year. That has increased to seventy five million dollars per year. So that gives you a bit of a scale of like the popularity, and I know that whenever this happens. I also think it happens with bands when they become into the pop culture space and people are like, I was an original fan. You didn't like them back when I did. I feel like that's happening to the F One now, where people are like, no, I was into this before all of you blow ins go into it because a net which is fair, Yeah, which is totally fair.
Speaker 3: No, But also, I mean we were talking about it before, and I think it's an important point. For so long, so many sports were inaccessible to women, like they really were, and I think things like having a docu series that also creates.
Speaker 1: An emotional connection.
Speaker 3: It's not just about the sport or the intricacies of the sport, but it's about the people. That's something that as and I don't want to stereotype, but I would say that as women, we have like a deep connection for and enjoy the storytelling element of it, and it allows people to get into a sport that's probably for a very long time felt quite utherly or arbitrary and not accessible to a lot of women. So like when sport was only catering to a specific gender population and now it's opened itself up across the spectrum. It just shows how that's influencing the spectator numbers and influencing the experience of people there.
Speaker 1: Like it was.
Speaker 3: Truly, it was a phenomenal weekend. I know you guys have seen so many photos and stuff across social media, but it was a very very cool.
Speaker 1: Experience to be a part of it.
Speaker 4: Just one last thing I want to say is about the connection and things like I'm so deep into the fin right now, and my whole algorithm now is spitting out weddings and f one.
Speaker 2: But Lewis Hamilton, who everyone knows that name, right.
Speaker 4: He's one of the well I think he is the greatest race car driver of all time. If he's not, he's up there. His story, you cannot not love him. Like his story of growing up as a kid, super super poor. His dad so determined to give him what he needed.
Speaker 2: To be a race car driver.
Speaker 4: He got him in his go kart that was like not secondhand or third hand, fifth hand.
Speaker 2: He put it back together, he painted it, he wrote his numbers on it. He had to work three jobs for ten years.
Speaker 4: He went to work at like four am in the morning for his first job, and he would get home really late at night to give everything to Lewis and seeing their connection and when they talked about that story and knowing that it all paid off and he became one of the greatest drivers of all time.
Speaker 2: That is what sucks.
Speaker 4: People into being connected, because you're like you are there for their journey.
Speaker 1: He's a hero story.
Speaker 2: It's a hero story.
Speaker 4: But when you see that stuff, you follow the sport just as much for the sport as much for the person. And I think that's what has happened to me with the F one is I really got sucked into their individual stories, which made me love the sport, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Brittany is now a bonafide redhead.
Speaker 2: Also, I grofat you with my dad.
Speaker 3: I also just want to say, like, this is not a paid ambassador, No it's not. I just love it for the osgipay.
Speaker 1: We just had a really really great weekend, genuinely a great weekend.
Speaker 4: But what one thing I did do has nothing to do with the F one, but Keisha and I had to go. Keisha long story short, has an infected toe. It's probably gonna fall off. She broke a toe with a coffee machine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know if it's broken, but I dropped a coffee group head just in the wrong spot. I don't understand how it caused this much pain, but a lot of life is thank you to them. They reached out and told me that I needed to do this thing where you like, I'm not going to go into the graphics of it, but released the pressure from my toes so.
Speaker 1: That you put a hole in your toenail, yeah, a melted one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine. I mean you don't have to go to those details. Could just say a hole in your time, don't let the pressure come out.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 5: And so my time at the f one was so chai hi is such low lows because I was in so much pain and like hobbling around, but I wanted to be there so badly that I was like, I'm just trying to ignore the fact that I can see my heart beat in my toe like I.
Speaker 1: Can see the poles.
Speaker 4: I did have Keisha's foot on my lap a lot of the time because I was like, elevate your foot, that her ranky little foot had to go up on my legs.
Speaker 1: Why don't you ever let me put my foot on your legs because Keisha's was a coffee ground.
Speaker 2: Keisha's was life or death. We were gonna amputate her foot.
Speaker 3: At one point, I do have to say, never in my life have I received so many unsolicited foot pigs. But it was just like a constant stream of updates from Keisha in the group chat over the weekend of feet, and it did come to a point where I was like, please stop giving this content away for free.
Speaker 1: People will pay for this only feet account.
Speaker 2: No one is paying for this foot picture the scabby on social media.
Speaker 1: Go to life on cut It'll be there.
Speaker 4: She said it to me originally, and I was like, it's the pedicure for me because I'm half a pedicure on.
Speaker 1: Because there's shellac still left on my toes, shelac. I feel I could survive a world war.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 5: It's too sensitive to try and get the shellacc off. So there's sheilac on half of my toe. It is actually the most rank thing about anyway. I don't want to keep talking about my toe. It's disgusting, but I have got medical treatment for it now.
Speaker 2: Well, my point of the story was congratulations.
Speaker 4: Keisha and I went to we had to get up early, and we went down to Chemi's warehouse. We're like, let's go get you some any biotics now, I'm sorry. Chemra's warehouse to me is like Bunnings. It is like you have a field Dane there. You walk out of there with so much stuff.
Speaker 3: You walk in there for antibiotics and you walk out with like a hair scout, massage, body brush.
Speaker 2: I left Kisha.
Speaker 4: I left Kisher at the prescription area and I was going down the aisle and I knew that I needed to get a new.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't need to, but I needed any electric toothbrushes.
Speaker 1: You needed one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because the head was gross on mine anyway, So I went down the can.
Speaker 1: Just buy the bit. You don't have to buy a whole new one.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I did.
Speaker 4: I bought the bit, but I couldn't find them anyway. So I went down the aisle until there was like weirdly limited staff.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're on smoko.
Speaker 5: It was Sunday morning and it was like nine o'clock that just opened.
Speaker 2: So I went down the isisland.
Speaker 4: I saw one of the guys I was working there, and he was like rearranging. He was in the protein aisle, like you know, it was a protein guy. So he was like rearranging all the bars and the protein powders.
Speaker 2: And so I went up to him and I said.
Speaker 4: Hey, do you know where the electric toothbrushes up? And he's like, no, I don't, sorry, and I said okay.
Speaker 2: He just turned around. I was like, well, do you mind finding out for me? And he turns around. He's like, I don't work here, and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm so sorry. I thought you were rearranging the protein powder. That's why I asked. He's like, I am, I'm just trying to find my flavor. And I was like, my mistake.
Speaker 2: I just walked.
Speaker 1: Had a good day to you, sir.
Speaker 2: I was like, you have a protein field daser. I was so embarrassed.
Speaker 5: It like shuffles up to me. I'm waiting ships and she's like, we need to leave, we need to get out of here. And I was like, I gotta wait for my prescription, like because I was.
Speaker 2: Just like, how rude was He just fully.
Speaker 4: Turned He's like, no, sorry, turned around and I was like, cool, do you mind asking?
Speaker 2: You ask?
Speaker 1: You go ask?
Speaker 3: Was there anything about his person like or what he was wearing, Like was he wearing a Temist Warehouse T shirt?
Speaker 2: Like he actually was not.
Speaker 4: No, but he was wearing a polo shirt that was quite tight because he had muscles.
Speaker 2: That was irrelevant of the story. You're wearing a polo shirt. So from side on as I was walking down, it looked like it could have been a work polo shirt. But it turns out he wasn't. He was probably on his way to his own job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this reminds me.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like everyone's had mistaken identity moments in their life, but this reminds me of when I was walking down the main street in Paddington, like near five Ways if anyone's from Sydney, and I was walking down there and I had a coffee in hand, and I was like, just go on about my day, and then I saw a girl who was a customer of mine, or at least I thought she was.
Speaker 1: She kind of looked at me and then I looked at her and I was like, hey, babe, how.
Speaker 2: Are you going.
Speaker 1: Couldn't really remember replace it.
Speaker 3: I couldn't place it, but I was like, I think she's a Tony made customer.
Speaker 1: And she just looked at me kind of weird.
Speaker 3: And then as I got closer, I was like, oh, that's Natalie and Broulian. I don't love it's not my customer.
Speaker 2: Are you torn? No, hey babe, are you naked on the floor?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, that's not it.
Speaker 3: Crying yeah I was. But anyway, well, look I have a random update for you guys. It's not a happy positive exciting one, but it is kind of a bit of an advocate for your own health conversation, which I think is an important one to have. So a couple of months ago, in September, actually it was last year, I'd had like a lot of just niggling discomfort, which I think a lot of people would put down to like period pain and like that kind of.
Speaker 4: Annoyances, you know, Like I feel like it's so common to feel discomfort down there.
Speaker 3: Totally down there, like we're not allowed to say it, and like, okay, this is too much information for you guys, but like when do we have a hold back after having sex? I would feel that kind of pain in my sight a bit, and it was not overwhelmingly painful, but it was just kind of annoying.
Speaker 2: It's not that big doesn't stab here hitting my lungs, and so like I was getting chest pain into sex, and I.
Speaker 4: Just thought my throat was tickling, and then I was getting like a headache my brain.
Speaker 3: I think you went all the way it gave me asthma. No, I just had a bit of pain in my side. Anyway, this has been going on for like quite a few months, and I didn't really you know, with that type of like niggling annoyances, you often just put it off and put it off because you're like, oh, it'll.
Speaker 2: Go away, and also like standard woman.
Speaker 3: Totally and then it didn't go away anyway. I ended up going to my GP, who preferred me to go and get an ultrasound, and in September they when they did the first ultrasound, they found that I had a five centimeter cyst on my ovary, which they weren't like too alarmed about. They were like, yeah, it's kind of big, but it's not so big that we need to do anything about it.
Speaker 2: It's not small, Like five centimeters is not small.
Speaker 3: No, it's not small, but it's like, I guess it's kind of just. The response to it was more like a just wait and see and keep coming back and checking. The reason why I wanted to talk about this is because I feel like, and I know that so many women experience this, Like if you have endometriosis or PC aware so whatever else going on in your life, the healthcare system around accessibility when you have something wrong with you from a gynecological sense, the weight times are so obnoxiously long, so for me to get in to go and see a gynocologist to specifically see about an ovarian cyst that's not deemed as high high risk. The weight was like six to eight months, right, So we've been keeping a track on it so far, and it's now at eight centimeters and I'm in a lot of constant discomfort with it. And so I went for my scan yesterday and it's now an eight centimetersyst, which seems pretty dramatic. And it was the first time getting a scan where actually someone seemed to be as alarmed about it as what I've been. And for me, it was a very validating feeling, not because I want anyone to be like stressed out about it. You know, I'm not losing sleep about it, but I'm in constant discomfort and have just become so used to that being normal when it shouldn't be normal, and it's very fucking frustrating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of that, I had a friend call me a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: We were supposed to go on.
Speaker 4: A little vac soon, and she's like, I can't go. I've had to have my fourth emergency and demetrius of surgery. But even that, she's like, it cost me fourteen thousand.
Speaker 3: Dollars and there's no rebaths and stuff, no rebates what there is, but it's so minimal tiny.
Speaker 4: She's like literally fourteen thousand dollars and even to get that done as something that was deemed level category four like, so she has it so badly. It was like six or seven months waiting for that and then it cost her an I'm in a leg and she has to get it. This is the fourth time she's had it because it just grows back. So the money that she spends on just trying, she can't work. It's so bad, and it's deemed as not a priority, not an emergency, not something that should be rebated.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess the thing that I'm in the midst of at the moment and sort of like unsure about what the processes is is like, so now I'm in a situation where I have an eight centimeter O very insist, but there is still not an outcome. The wait is still so long to go and see an actual gynecologist around what the processes are. So even though I had the scans and I can go back to my GP, I still don't have clarity on what to do. And it's been deemed as potential risk of tors so like your ovary can twist and then you lose your ovary, you know, And it's like, okay, so we're all on the same page with this now, but what am I supposed to do with this information?
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just feel like there must be so many women who go through these processes and then you know something's not quite right or you have an outcome, but the weight times are just so frustratingly long to be able to do anything about it. And it's not just the weight times, it's the cost of it. Every scan is so expensive, the cost to go and see a gynocologist is outrageously expensive, and then the rebates are so minimal. So I guess like the reason why I want to talk about it is like, firstly, the only person who will ever advocate for your own health is yourself, and if you're not the one who's pushing to have the appointments to see the specialists to get things checked out, nothing gets checked.
Speaker 1: And that's been my.
Speaker 3: Experience of this so far, is that if it wasn't for me constantly trying to be like someone do something about this, literally nothing would have been done yet.
Speaker 4: And then it's still just left to like, Hey, if it gets worse, though, go to the emergency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going to emergency because it's too late. If I met the emergency and I have a torsion.
Speaker 1: They're great, Yeah, totally.
Speaker 5: But also like if you are waiting until you're going to emergency, the psychological toll of not knowing how much pain is too much pain? You know, as women were kind of always told like expect pain around anything that has to do with the reproductive system, and so what is the line, like what is the limit of I'm not able to live with this anymore, I'm going to go to emergency. Like it's really disappointing to me that things are not I know, it's a systemic thing. It is not an individual doctor thing. It is not an individual hospital, it's not an individual practice. Systemically, in Australia, we focus so much more on treatment than what we focus on prevention, and I really, I mean, we're about to come up to an election. There's going to be a lot of promises made about women's health care because it seems to be a topic that we all care about. Fancy that like, go figure, I just want to see actual policies brought in that rebate female reproductive care and rebate things like and demetriosis, Like you have a very insist that could fucking rupture. Like it's just so fundamentally frustrating that we have. Like you said, you've got to keep advocating. You can only do that if you've got the money to go into it specialists. You can't do that if you're going through the public healthcare system. So what you're just supposed to wait until you're actually in a life or death situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's it's just so.
Speaker 5: Backwards, and the psychological tolld that that kind of thing takes is so heavy.
Speaker 4: Michelle from Shameless talks about that a lot. If anyone is interested, go and listen, Like I really loved listening.
Speaker 3: But she only last was her beautiful podcast sories that she created.
Speaker 4: She only has one overy, but her talking about the same thing, like advocating for your own health and also not even that. She talks really well about just putting up with the pain and being like, oh cool, this is just it, Like you know, you're having complete breakdowns at home, like physically you're so.
Speaker 2: In pain that you're dropping what you're doing.
Speaker 4: You're falling to the floor, and then when it passes, you're like, oh, cool, let's just get on with life, like that's just a part of it, Like oh, what was that?
Speaker 2: That was weird, and then you just keep going.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the biggest thing for me at the moment is like I can't have the kids like crawl up onto my lap, or like when I pick them up, I'm so I'm so wary of it. Or we were playing in the pool the other day and they're like kicking around and all I could think was like, don't kick me in the stomach. So I can't be so engaged with them because I'm so conscious of the fact that I'm in this discomfort. But yeah, i mean, like, obviously I don't want to catastrophize it. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's definitely something that I'm very conscious of and I'm kind of in the midst of and it's really shining a spotlight for me on just the massive gaps that there are for female healthcare around gynecological needs.
Speaker 5: I mean, you guys know that I've spoken about being diagnosed with pcos so polycystic avarian syndrome, which somewhat ironically, does not mean that you.
Speaker 1: Have polycystic ovaries.
Speaker 5: They're actually separate conditions. I do happen to have both. I've had this suck at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were hard to go home.
Speaker 5: But like, even speaking of that, I remember getting the pelvic ultrasound that cost me more than four hundred dollars out of pocket, and I remember saying to them, I was like, Okay, so what's the point of this? And they were like, we would just want to find out whether you have cystic ovaries. And I was like, okay, cool, you know we've got this fork yeah, yes, know what happens if it's yes, what happens if it's no? And they're like nothing, We just so I'm just spending four hundred dollars to know that I've got cystic ovaries, and then we're not We're not doing anything about that.
Speaker 1: There's nothing that we can do about that. I just want to make that clear, Okay, cool. There is no fucking research in any of these fields.
Speaker 2: And like I come from.
Speaker 5: Medical research background, I know why there has not been medical research done on things that have to do with women.
Speaker 1: It kind of comes back to like results and reliability and all that kind of incredible misogynistic.
Speaker 4: There's no reason, there's no reason now that we do not have research into women's problems.
Speaker 5: I feel like it is really an area that just so needs to be put into policy and into research and into grants and into funding. And we are going to do another episode. We get asked all the time in the Facebook group to do an episode on pcos. We're going to do another one really soon. I think actually next week we will record it with Dtor Eazy Smith, who is a wonderful end of chronologist. I'm going to jump on that one obviously because I have it, and so if you have any questions about that, please send them to us at Life on cut DMS on Instagram, or we can message us on the Facebook group and we'll try and include all of those so we can talk about, you know, more of the issues of the female reproductive healthcare system.
Speaker 3: A conversation that's been playing out everywhere recently in the pop culture space and also across media has to do with whiteloatus. Now, I will admit I am not up to date with all of the episodes, even though it was my vibe a couple of weeks ago. Britt you're back.
Speaker 2: Episode one and then you're like, I'm out.
Speaker 1: Well, fuck man.
Speaker 3: The lack of the injury with a sist, the lack of the intro music really got me. And I even said it. I was like, I'm vibing it. I haven't fully gotten on board yet.
Speaker 6: But I'm coming in.
Speaker 2: It's just not at the start.
Speaker 1: I know. I know they really like Beait and switched, didn't they. I'm coming back. Don't worry. I'm going to catch up.
Speaker 3: But I have been very much across a really interesting conversation that's played out recently.
Speaker 2: I've been recently across the penis is what she's trying to say.
Speaker 3: I'm really across the aesthetic penis, which is what we want to talk about. Okay, So if you haven't seen this, Jason Isaac he plays the character the main character of Timothy Ratliff. He's the dad and there is a really spoken about scene where he's talking to his children.
Speaker 1: He's also like kind of like off his face a bit.
Speaker 3: He's stone or has taken medication whatever it is, and he's wearing a bathrobe. And then as he's chatting away to his kids, he moves his leg aside and there is a full frontal nude scene.
Speaker 2: Of a very big penis now flaccid, but like a slug y.
Speaker 1: It's a slug It's there, it's.
Speaker 4: Thick, it's big, it's long, and the first thing you're going to think is is that real? The first thing you're going to google in that moment, I can guarantee it. Everyone stopped down and.
Speaker 1: Was like, was that real?
Speaker 3: That wasn't my first thought, to be honest, my very first thought was not is that a real penis? It looked very convincingly real, Like I mean, the prosthetics in movies these days are absolutely top notch.
Speaker 2: Did look very real.
Speaker 3: I just looked at it and thought like I kind of got more taken aback by the shock factor, which I think is the intention of it, because there's nothing and we'll get into all of the discussions around it, there's nothing sexual about it. He accidentally flashes his children. It's an embarrassingly funny moment that's kind of just played off as.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, oh dad.
Speaker 3: But the big questions have come off the back of the interviews that Jason Isaac have had recently, because people are no longer asking him about his character development or about the role in The White Lotus. The questions that he's receiving really pertain to whether or not the penis was a prosthetic. Now he has responded and has had some very interesting reactions to his response around whether it is or isn't appropriate to ask a person if their genitalia in a movie is a prosthetic. This is an interview which has gone viral. This is from the CBS Mornings, which is a morning show in the States.
Speaker 1: Have listened to this.
Speaker 4: You know you're making its because last week we got to see a full frontal and it was you.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I'm trying to figure we were talking about being impolite? Was that you?
Speaker 1: Was that a prothetic?
Speaker 6: Well, because we were debating it, because we were a lot of people debating. It's all over the inside. And it's interesting because you didn't answer the question. Well, I'll tell you why.
Speaker 7: Because the best actress this year is Mikey Madison at the Oscars, and I don't see anybody discussing her vulva, which was on television all the time. Now, I'm not talking about Swedish cars, you know. So I think it's interesting that there's a double standard for men. But when women are naked, Margaret quality as well in the substance, nobody would dream of talking to her about her janetalia or nipples or any of those things.
Speaker 6: And so it's odd that there's a double standard when it comes to disco.
Speaker 7: Bit of a dud, dude, It is a George because I don't think that people really want to know how the sausage is made.
Speaker 1: ID is the guy who does the prosthetics, the same guy he does the ears and the noses?
Speaker 6: Who says who's but in general, who's the guy you call?
Speaker 7: I genuinely think it would be odd when when there are characters in some of the women are naked. And here would be odd if you were sitting here and you would never dream of discussing this.
Speaker 1: I think if prosthetics were standard, we would.
Speaker 6: Ask what is obsession? And are you very obsessed?
Speaker 1: We're talking about it all morning?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: Mike Waves is a brilliant right, so it was the best series on televis of for a long time. And what is the obsession with penisles? It's an odd thing because you rarely get to see I think we have to read a teas sale.
Speaker 6: You're watching for Long Television.
Speaker 3: The reason why I wanted to play that audio is because there has been so much backlash around his commentary, because it's so important how something that said verbally can take a very different context when it's actually written into an article, like a statement has a different tone. You can hear from that that it is all said very much in a jokey light and jovial manner. However, the big question is raised, is there a double standard between male nudity and female nudity on TV?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely important to have context.
Speaker 4: We say that about everything because when you read that, when you read the quote, it hits different to when he says it. What I do think is funny and interesting before I was about to saying, before we nutted out what I do think is funny and interesting is that he has avoided answering if it's a prosthetic, And there is a part of me that does wonder is that because you really want people to truly believe that you are the owner of a really large penis. But the funniest part is the kids in the show, the kid actors Samnvola and Sarah Catherine Hook, they already confirmed it was a prosthetic. So he's like, I will never confirm that, like it's not important, but they've come out and they've said, yeah, it absolutely was a prosthetic.
Speaker 2: He was dancing around going it's my fake penis day. He goes, it's fake dick scene day.
Speaker 4: Everyone like with his prostheticon, which I think is really funny that he's trying to keep the.
Speaker 2: Mystery alive and they completely just out him. His comment's been very divisive online.
Speaker 4: There's been a lot of people that have been completely attacking him, saying this is complete double standards. Women's bodies and nudity from the dawn of time are constantly spoken about. They're constantly asked about so many inappropriate questions in interviews on red carpets. So there's a lot of people that are really sort of crucifying him for his comment. But then there's a lot of people in agreeance saying, yeah, we shouldn't be asking these questions. Why is it important? And personally I sit on the fence of both. I agree with him that it can be deemed an inappropriate question and it's probably not important to his character development, but I disagree with him saying that this is a double standard.
Speaker 2: What I do want to add is there is a.
Speaker 4: Level of importance in asking if it's a prosthetic for a bit of a deeper reason, Like there would be people I.
Speaker 1: Must know if the penis is real or not, but there would.
Speaker 4: Be people watching that that would feel completely insecure saying, Okay, is this real? Is this the kind of thing that most men have? Am I so out of proportion? And am I so much smaller? And I know that this is a deeper level, but I'm trying to think of reasons why people want to know. I one hundred percent wanted to know. I'll be the first person that's like, I wonder if that's real or not. But that's just a curiosity off the back of things like sex life with Adam Demos. Remember the Australian actor that got his penis at and it was ginormous and everyone was like, we need to know if Bro's penis is real?
Speaker 2: Like is this what other people are playing with?
Speaker 6: Look?
Speaker 3: It is an interesting take on it, though, and there is truth to what he is says. The reality is if you saw a woman nude on TV, you would never respond like herd boobs were ginormous. We wouldn't speak about it in the same way.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking to remember blurred lines with Emily Radtowski. That's how she kind of got thrust into the spotlight. That was pretty much the headline was that her boobs were ginormous. Yeah, and again the question of like are they real or not? Was probably the number one question in pop culture news that month.
Speaker 2: I would like that year.
Speaker 3: I guess the thing is is that often there is a it's seen as more inappropriate. Like I think that we've started to really like identify the dialogue around how we've spoken about women's bodies for so long. But the thing is is, I do think there's a double standard. But I don't think the double standard is around the questioning of whether it is or isn a prosthetic. I think the double standard is the fact that we are so desensitized to seeing female bodies on TV. It has been a staple of Hollywood for forever to show female breasts, to show backsides, to show hyper sexualized female nudity, if any anything, And we were discussing it, like female nudity has been used as a way of making movies and films and TV series more interesting and one of the examples that I came across was like Sopranos. For example, the dialogue between the characters may not have been particularly interesting at the time, but the conversation that they were having played out in a strip club, and behind the characters there's like naked women walking around, and it instantly creates a secondary dimension. The thing is, though we are very unfamiliar with seeing full penises on TV, Like it's a type of nudity that we've not had as much exposure to. So when you do see a giant penis flapping around in a way that's not supposed to be in a sex scene, but it's just in casual nudity, I do think that there's this incredible shock element to it, and we're.
Speaker 1: All like, that was a penis. Haven't seen one of those on TV for a while.
Speaker 3: And I guess because it's it's shown so casually, it also makes it okay to ask the question casually. And that's what I think these reporters are doing when they're asking whether it's a prosthetic or not.
Speaker 1: It's because the.
Speaker 3: Nudity seems so non sexual and it seems so accessible that I feel like it makes it okay to ask the question, not that it is or it isn't, but I think that that's where it kind of the lines are blurred a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And the reason.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are getting so upset online and the commentary so negative around it is because his statement wasn't actually even accurate, Like his defense to his statement wasn't true. For example, Mikey Madison in Anora, He's like, her volver was out everywhere on screen, no one asked about that. That's incorrect. Her volver was never actually out. There were no full frontal Volver shots. Marcre Qualis Substance, full frontal scene, He's like, no one's asking about her if she had prosthetics.
Speaker 2: In fact, they did.
Speaker 3: Yes, She's come out widely spoken about the fact that her breast were prosthetics in that movie to fit the scene.
Speaker 2: She didn't have the right breast to portray a young Demi.
Speaker 4: Moore, and she was like, Hey, there's no magic pill for having big, plump, voluptuous young breasts, so yeah, they made them for me.
Speaker 2: So I think that a lot of people are kicking off online because of that as well.
Speaker 4: So maybe if it didn't have that extra level misinformation attached to the quote, people wouldn't quite be upset. Maybe if he said, hey, would you ask a woman this, the response might not have been so aggressive Online.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely think that it was a baited response where women who have been objectified for so long in so many different ways with there's been so many inappropriate lines of questioning that have come from journalists and reporters over the years, whether it's specifically around genitalia, or it's around any other facet of the female's life like nudity. Wait, totally, we've seen it all happen, and so using that as a comparison to try and identify an unequal standard I think is a real like it's a mute point. One of the other examples which I found really fascinating Margot Robbie, who was in Wolf of Wall Street. She had a full frontal nude. She also had a side nude. She had lots of nudes in that movie. It was all very much willingly like there's actually she's come out and spoken about the very full frontal nude and she said that it was her who fought to have that scene in the movie because she felt as though the character required not to have this like censored version of nudity because it just didn't make sense for her and her level of confidence and how she used sex as a way of getting what she wanted or her sexual I shouldn't say sex, but her sexuality to get what she wanted. There's a really interesting interview that happened actually with our own Fits and Whipper here in Australia, and the question was asked, I've heard a lot of time that it's quite hard to find women with real breast and pubic care when you're doing a period piece. Now, I know that that question in its of itself is not as direct as asking if something's a prosthetic, but asking a woman who has appeared completely nude and clearly is doing a period piece, the only way to extrapolate that is to ask the question of is it real breast and were you wearing?
Speaker 1: You know, is that your real puby care.
Speaker 3: Margaret Robbie came out and her response to that was I'm not sure that it would be difficult to find someone with real breast.
Speaker 1: I don't think that that's an issue at all.
Speaker 3: However, I remember on Wolf of Wall Street there was an entire American room, a whole room full of Mercans. Now, if anyone who doesn't know, Amercan is a prosthetic piece of pubicare that actresses can wear. So if you've been lasered, you can then put pubic hair on. I mean, when has it ever been appropriate to ask a woman about their pubic care and how their pubic care shows up in a period drama. But the thing is is like this is just another example of how this line of questioning is something that is not unfamiliar to women. I think if you're going to do a nude scene in a movie and it's going to be shocking and it's going to be gripping, you almost have to expect that there will be questions about it because people are so interested in it.
Speaker 4: I disagree slightly with the pubic hair question because I think that it's a period piece, so I understand it's a general question of curiosity. The breast part I think was inappropriate, but I think asking hey, what happens now? So many women are waxed and lasered, and there was a real trend against pubic hair, but period dramas really try to stay true to the time in terms of tattoos, underarm hair, body hair epiercing. So I think that the way they framed that question was okay. If they asked her directly, hey, like are you laser? Or did you wear fake pubic care? I'd be more offended.
Speaker 2: But for me, I sort of let that one slide because it was a period piece.
Speaker 4: If she was just doing a normal nude scene or something and people are saying, hey, did you wear like a fake vagina? Like, I think that that is inappropriate. In terms of him saying, like, you wouldn't be asking about someone else's genitally in a movie. I think that's where he has gone wrong.
Speaker 1: Or just feels very out of touch.
Speaker 4: It just feels a little bit out of touch, well not a little bit, feels a lot out of touch because it's literally what we face and you don't have to be a public figure to be facing this, And I think that's the important thing too.
Speaker 5: It seems like a little bit of a false victimhood, you know, like, ask a woman about this, It's like, actually, women get asked about much harsher and worse things all the time. But Laura, something I thought was really interesting that you brought up was the different ways in which nudity is shown on our screens, and I was trying to think of, like, oh yeah, because when I think about the female nudity that we have seen scenes of, and I'm particularly thinking about Bridgeton because it's kind of top of mind for me at the moment. Whenever female nudity is shown in those scenes, and there's male nudity as well, like we see some bombs and I think we see parts of penises.
Speaker 1: Is that the plural.
Speaker 5: It's always done in a way that's quite romantic or seductive, or it's adding to like the romanticism of the scene, whereas in White Lotus anything that Mike White kind of touches seems to be really different.
Speaker 3: Well, female nudity, I find is very much catered to the male gaze. And I think if you think of any movie that you've seen recently, or any nude scene that has a female in it, normally it is a type of female. It is a conventionally beautiful, conventionally perfect female nude, perfect brass, perfect volvera perfect but like you don't need to even worry about the level of nudity because not one's hanging out to see it.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean, oh, I would disagree slightly, probably ninety fiercent of the time.
Speaker 2: But I mean Nicola Coglin, who was from Bridgeton, who did her nude scene, and she was constantly trolled and asked about that, like how brave you are and how did you do that? Being the weight that you are.
Speaker 4: She got a lot to push back and she was like, Hey, I'm a beautiful woman. I love how I look and I'm confident.
Speaker 1: She has some line about having perfect tips. Yes, she's really funny.
Speaker 3: The thing is, you're always going to be able to find outliers. But what I'm talking about is the majority example, and I absolutely know that there will be I'm sure that if you go back through the rolodex of things that you've seen, you might have one reference to an old woman who is naked, or one reference to a larger woman who is naked. Like I'm sure that there are references. The majority of female nudity on our screens are perfect nudity. It's the same type of sexualized nudity that we see across all media. The thing that's different about White Lotus, and something that I find particularly entertaining, is that the nudity that is being shown isn't nudity that's created for men to watch and enjoy.
Speaker 1: The nudity that.
Speaker 3: We're seeing almost every single scene, it's been like a dude casually getting his penis out, or if you remember, in the very first season White Lotus, one of the main characters balls were swollen and so you saw this like very comical shot of his swollen testicles. In the second series, there is a scene where THEO James, he's wearing a prosthetic which he described as being stolen off a donkey.
Speaker 1: It was so big. Now he came out and said, he didn't choose it, it was chosen for him. It's not mad about it, Yeah, he's not.
Speaker 2: I'm donkey Peters that there was a.
Speaker 3: Scene where he was just like casually walking around in the bathroom and Aubrey Plaza was in the front of the kind of the foreground of that scene and like that.
Speaker 1: This is what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's like male nudity is not something that is obscure to the White Lotus. There are so many very confronting gay male sex scenes which are only confronting because we don't see it play out on pop culture TV spaces. So when you see a man in a vulnerable position. I mean, I don't know if you guys remember, but in season one, the hotel manager was getting rooted from behind whilst also giving a blowjob when they were all high on mushrooms or whatever it was that they'd taken. Like These are scenes that feel particularly intimate, but we are absolutely not used to seeing them play out on a series like this, So there is this like unusual jarring level of uncomfortableness that comes with exposure to something that we just don't normally see. But we are so comfortable with female nudity in heterosexual sex scenes.
Speaker 4: Mike Whitet has come out and said that he intentionally chooses to do male nudity to try and balance the level of female nudity that has been on the screen I since he grew up. But I'm also going to call a little bit of bullshit on that there. It would be remiss to say that he does not include these scenes for shock value. This is what people talk about. These are the trending topics of White Lotus. If you can google the most google things about White Lotus, it all has to do with the shocking sex scenes. And there is a spoiler here if you want to turn off right now. You might not have seen it yet, but one of the examples is, and what is about to play out on the rest of the season, is he has included more nudity but also incest scenes. So the two brothers end up hooking up. This is what everyone is talking about at the moment. They're talking about cool, what's the purpose of this? Like, what is the purpose of not only having incest because there's two brothers and a sister, and I think a lot of people are led to believe in the early days that maybe the sister and brother we're going to hook up, which is obviously a level of incest. But he's taken it a step further and he's included gay incest. And this is the currently the now divisive topic. It's almost steering away from the prosthetic penis double standards conversation, and people are now like, Okay, why have you included that. It's also to shock, it's also to have people talking about and push these boundaries on TV that we haven't seen.
Speaker 2: But Mike White has said, bear with.
Speaker 4: Me, there is a reason I have included it, and it will come full circle at the end of the series, so he's almost like baiting us now to say, hey, okay, cool, we really need to stick around to see why the gay incest scene was included.
Speaker 3: Which is interesting because also it's the same premise of season two where the scene between Leo Woodhall and I don't know the guy's name, I can't remember, well the fake uncle it alluded to incest. But also that scene itself had so much weight in the storyline of where the actual context of that season went to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there might be some sort of twist with the gay brothers. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe they're not brothers at all, That's what I think I think, and they maybe they know they're not, And maybe it's not incess and it's just gay relationship.
Speaker 2: I don't know where it's gonna go, but I'm hooked. I want to see it.
Speaker 1: Who knows. Look, I think like to kind of round this one out.
Speaker 3: Very interestingly to me is the backlash that this has received, that his commentary has received, and I think overarchingly, women are angry about and women feel angry about the types of the line of questioning that so many female celebrities have received in every aspect for so long, but I do think it makes you ask the question, And for me, I'm like, maybe it's inappropriate across the board, maybe the way that we speak about male genitalia, even though yes, there may be a rebalancing and we don't seem to feel as guilty about you know, we've made jokes even in this conversation about like his penis was huge, or this or that. I do think that there are levels which seem to be more acceptable when you speak about a male nude versus female, And we do seem to be okay with objectifying men in that way, and we have more of a strong stance when women are objectified, And the reason for that is purely because women have been victims of it for so long and are victims, and we don't see men as victims at all.
Speaker 2: But it's also has different repercussions.
Speaker 4: And I remember a young Helen Mirren being asked, oh, aren't you worried now that you won't be taken seriously because you have nude scenes. When has a man ever been asked that there is no way any of these actors, Barry from Saltburn, who's nude the whole time, has sex with a grave there's no way he got applauded for his acting.
Speaker 1: That is true. He fucked of a grave and no one said, are you worried about how this might impact your career?
Speaker 2: Are you worried you're not gonna be taken seriously? Now?
Speaker 4: No one but women constantly asked that if they're like, oh, are you diminishing your career?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: Is your career on ice because you're nude? Like, it's just means we're not taking it seriously. The only thing that I think is a bit weird is that we're talking about this as though they're not using prosthetics, Like, it's still weird to me that for us to have a dick on screen that we are like, oh wow, that's shocking and that's interesting. It has to be a fake one.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it pertains to size, right, And part of that is I don't have the answer to this, so it's kind of why I'm not sure about how to kind of go deep on it, loll. But that's because it is unusual to me that every single penis that has appeared in the White Lotus has been obnoxiously large, and there isn't any sort of reference thus far of a small penis on screen, And is it because an actor doesn't want to appear to be hel to have a small penis. If they were to have a small penis, would it be a small prosthetic penis, so then they could easily say, oh, no, that was a prosthetic and cover themselves. I don't know about what's the implication of having only big dicks on our screen.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think I know what it is, and it's because as a society, we associate certain personality characteristics with genitalia, like we associate.
Speaker 1: Big dick energy.
Speaker 2: It's literally the label of it.
Speaker 5: We associate certain things about that penis with the character, and so it's I don't think it's a mistake that they would be using them. It could be because the actors don't want to have their own genitals on screen, which I would respect enough, regardless of gender, because then you can almost say I wasn't actually nude.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, it's almost section, you know.
Speaker 4: But I also think too, it comes down to the stigma that's still attached to having a small penis, and that is also just something that society puts on people, which this is not helping the situation by giving people donkey penises not helping people exactly.
Speaker 2: But Barry didn't have a prosthetic. That was all his. He was like, all that have Barry from Saltburn, that just sucked the grave.
Speaker 1: Oh he didn't have that. It was a baby, yeh.
Speaker 2: He openly talks about He's like, it was all me. I was uncomfortable for the first thing that I loved it. Did loads of retakes, did loads of dancing around. He got really comfortable. But it's a really interesting discussion.
Speaker 5: I do wonder if in ten years, you know how you said before, how we're kind of applauding Nicola Coglin Bridgeton for having her less than you know, societally acceptable perfect breasts on screen. Maybe we're just behind of that four men. Maybe it's gonna be another couple of years, maybe a decade, until they're okay having their less than donkey dicks on the screen.
Speaker 1: Anyway, guys, let's get her accidentally unfiltered.
Speaker 2: All right, accidentally unfiltered.
Speaker 4: This is a very funny, quite an innocent one, which I think is probably suitable after the conversation we've just had. So my sister took me to get my very first fake tan. I was young, maybe about seventeen at the time. We walked in and the lady gave me a pair of disposable undies. It was a G string, and little naive me was pretty unfamiliar with G strings, having never owned a pair.
Speaker 2: I was a full brief girly. I put it on. The lady came in. She walked in, gave me a little look up and down, and just started turning. Didn't say anything fast forwards.
Speaker 4: When my sister and I were home and I was walking around naked, and my sister the ghast broke out laughing when she saw a really thin line of white skin up my front and.
Speaker 2: The big try and cool white skin on my butt. I put the G string on back to front. She had one tiny, one tiny white live up the landing Strep plaza.
Speaker 3: Dude, you can wear those tiny bikinis that everyone's getting around in Bonde Beach.
Speaker 4: Do you think the tanning lady should have said something or is it better to not say something and just said.
Speaker 3: No, You don't say anything because you can go into a tanning booth nude. You know you don't have to if you want to wear that G string back to front upside down. On your head, go nuts like it doesn't matter because you put your face. I always wear like the disposable undies when I go into a tanning booth. But I have friends who go in nude.
Speaker 6: I go nude.
Speaker 1: But you have to touch your knees like you gotta bend down, so they do under your bum.
Speaker 2: I've never touched it, or I have never touched my knees in a fake dan.
Speaker 1: So you they don't do under your ass cheeks.
Speaker 2: Do they tell you to bend over and pick up the soap?
Speaker 1: Bend over and cough?
Speaker 4: No, what they do is lean forward, you stay upright and you just bend like an inch and the down.
Speaker 2: You don't bend over. You don't touch your knees. You don't.
Speaker 1: I need a check her.
Speaker 3: I'm going, where are you going? I got told to bend bend forward, We presented my knees. I got fingered at the same time. It was great, and they filmed it so weird. They said it was a security purchase.
Speaker 1: My only fans count guys.
Speaker 2: Wow, don't go to where Laura.
Speaker 1: They do a fantastic thoroughances.
Speaker 2: They really do.
Speaker 1: It's been a while, though it's been a while anyway, look, it's time.
Speaker 2: To say it's so funny. She's like, yeah, so funny when they make you bend over, We're like, what, I watch your knees.
Speaker 3: What that's like the time when she were talking about getting wax in laser. Yeah, but it was horrified that you're on your back.
Speaker 1: I am still horrified there's not a uniform way. I don't know why there's not a uniform way to do spray tans. I do not know why there's not a uniform way to laser your bomb.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Iron still find it so funny that you are on your back and you have to roll back and hold your legs up to your chest.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 1: It seems like a really smart way to access your entire butt crack.
Speaker 5: Someone commented on the video and they said that they were asked to do like a baby cradle.
Speaker 2: You know that babies hold their legs. I think people would take it a peg move.
Speaker 1: Whoever is that laser person is absolutely having a go.
Speaker 2: It's the same place you get your ten.
Speaker 3: All right, it's time for suck and sweet I'm going to kick it off because I have quick ones. My suck for this week is actually I don't really have a.
Speaker 1: Suck finding out that you're not supposed to bend over. No, my suck is I mean, I've already spoken about it.
Speaker 3: It's definitely got to be my ovarian sist, like that's like high up on the sucking of the sucks at the moment. But my sweet for the week, it's a really great one actually for me. So many of you guys have written to me about after I spoke about Lola having a really really hard time at daycare, and she has been. It's been months now and it has just been this ongoing battle for her and for us. However, we made a decision recently to send her to school next year. So that was a big one for us because we're going to hold her back another year to keep a one year gap between Mali and Lola. But the reason why we decided to send her to school next year is because that will mean that she gets to grow up a class, so she'll no longer be in like the toddler baby room of daycare, and she'll go up into.
Speaker 1: Like the big kid room. And I kind of started to suspect that a.
Speaker 3: Lot of her upset and her behavior changes and her like absolutely struggling at daycare was simply because she felt as though she was in a room with children that weren't aligned with where she was at, Like, she wants to be a big kid. She doesn't want to be treated like she's a toddler. And so we told her that we gave her the option. We said, you know, how would you feel about starting school next year? And if you were to start school, it means that you get to go up into I think they call it the wombat's room, cute, And she was so fucking excited. And yesterday she had her first day up there. And she has not had one day this year where she's come home stoad from daycare. And she came home and she was like, she was like, I love it so much, Mummy. She's like, I can't wait to go to school. So I hope that I'm not like, you know, I'm not prematorily celebrating, but I think that this was like a really, really good move for her. I think she just needs us to let go of the reins a little bit and for her to feel like she's not the baby of the family, but she has like her own exciting, big things to work towards. And I think the reason for that is because at her old daycare, she would have moved up into the big room, whereas that this new daycare, Marley got to go to big.
Speaker 1: School, and then she felt like she kind of got left behind. She got left behind. Yeah, and I don't think we'd really thought about that.
Speaker 5: So she's also used to being around older kids because Marley's older than her, her cousins are older than her.
Speaker 1: You know, totally. So I'm gonna have two kids in school next year, which is fucking wild. This is what I just thought about.
Speaker 4: So funny that you were like, Mally is a genius. I'm gonna hold her back a year. Lola's working on her alphabet that I'm gonna think for you early.
Speaker 3: Because what I've realized is that the spectrum of kids in kindergarten is vast, Like there are so many kids that are in KINDI that are just turning five now.
Speaker 1: So there were four.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, mate, Lola'll be fine. She'd be smack in the middle. She's a resilient little cookie. She'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: I am gonna do a u. I don't have a suck this week.
Speaker 1: Ah, I live.
Speaker 4: I really loved it, and I thought I had a moment where I was like, Wow, I'm really grateful for my life at the moment, Like, I really loved the F one. I had a great weekend with Keish. I don't include Laura in that because we actually barely saw each other because you were on the ferrist wheel, just stuck on round and around around.
Speaker 3: You don't have to include me in your fantastic weekend. But I also had a fantastic weekend there. It was really great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just different, and my suite would be around the F one and we didn't mention it earlier. I did mention on my Instagram. But Keisha and I got this incredible experience. So we were lucky enough to meet the boss of Red Bull Australia and Red Bull's one of the biggest driving forces of the F one.
Speaker 1: And just so you guys know, I didn't know it was the boss, and that might come into the story later.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to be clarific. Keisha definitely did not know he was the boss.
Speaker 1: I said things that you shouldn't say, but he he was like, hey.
Speaker 4: Do you want to go into the garage where you know, well, it's like where they drive in and quickly get their tire changes and everything, and the whole team.
Speaker 2: Works on it.
Speaker 4: They're talking and we were like, yeah, so we got to go in and literally be in the thick of it and watch it happened. We got to put the head on and we got to listen to them talk to each other as he's racing. Then he would come back in He's like Max he was racing the time maxi Stappan. Yeah, he's like four times world champion. And that was a moment where I was like, God, this is just such a cool, once in a lifetime experience and I was.
Speaker 6: So in it.
Speaker 1: It's literally like you cannot buy that experience.
Speaker 2: No, you can't, and you can't take photos, you can't do videos in there. You just have to really be in it and be present. And it was. It was really cool.
Speaker 4: So I don't have anything to flex about it, don't have anything to show for it, but I have the memories that I mean, I'll have.
Speaker 2: For a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's kind of where things got a little awkward.
Speaker 5: As we were leaving, we were talking to the people who worked for Rebel, and Britta and I were both like, oh my God, that was so cool, like, what an unreal experience? I asked how much it was, but it was like can you buy tickets to do that? Like you know, and how much would it be to actually have that experience? We were just so overwhelmed with how cool it was.
Speaker 2: Because I wanted to take my dad, so I was like, oh God, I wonder how much this.
Speaker 1: Would be, so bring us this.
Speaker 5: U to the guy that we were speaking with who worked for Red Bull, and he was like, no, you know, it's a money can't buy experience. You know, it's kind of like it's our discretion, blah blah blah. And I lean over and I'm like, oh, look, I'm sure there's a number.
Speaker 2: Like wink, I'm sure there's a price that someone could pay.
Speaker 5: And Brick kind of went hah, yeah yeah, and we kept walking in about one hundred meters down the road, Britt goes, o cash, do you know that?
Speaker 2: That was like the head of Red Bull, Like I accidentally just implied like I'm sure you could be bought and he's like, no, no, you can't. She's like wink wink, and I'm like, keit, just stop it.
Speaker 1: Don't take me anywhere.
Speaker 2: That was so embarrassing. So yeah, that was my no suck and I had a really amazing suite.
Speaker 1: Let's be well, guys. That is it from us today.
Speaker 3: If you have any questions for asking on Cut, slide on into the DMS at Life on Cut podcast. Go and join the discussion at our Life Uncut Discussion group, which is on Facebook. It's where all the good stuff goes down. And leave us a review if you feel so inclined, but don't leave her. It's going to be bad because obviously I don't want to hear you know.
Speaker 4: One thing, one thing you want to say in reviews is sometimes we have a chuckle about it. Sometimes people write the most incredible reviews, like you could not have it. You read it and you're like, oh my god, that is so nice. They're like, you couldn't love us more. Love you guys, love the content. Been listening forever, don't have a bad word to say. But then they'll be like three stuff and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what does it take to get a five?
Speaker 1: I think that that's an accident.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I think if they've written like a glowing review but then they've hit like the wrong amount of stuff, the thing is like slipped off that That to me feels like that was an unintentional thing. But when they're like, hey, you guys fucking suck and it's a one star, I'm like, oh, that was an intentional No, that's intentional.
Speaker 6: I just think that.
Speaker 4: So maybe if you've got if you've been like cookie your oil on your fingers, don't go to hit the stars case you're gonna slip off, but be conscious of the stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you accidentally wrote that really mean sentence and then gave one star.
Speaker 5: That was accident.
Speaker 3: So yeah, guys, if you've been if you've been wanting to leave a review for a while, you enjoy it and you're just like a pleasant bystander and have never done that.
Speaker 1: Before, go and do it. We would deeply appreciate it.
Speaker 3: And for anyone who's gone to this point of the episode but actually fucking hates us, that's weird.
Speaker 1: Stop listening.
Speaker 4: Still listen, I just don't comment, you know, the Gerald Mumtay, Dad, tod dog, tear friends and share the love
Speaker 2: Because we love love