Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they'll have at four am. I wouldn't lind a pie when I get him.
Speaker 3: The next category's best child in a movie.
Speaker 4: He loves a clammy handed Woman.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Show one two hundred and one.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's Show. Good Morning, Patsy, Morning, Good morning Jack, Good morning guys, Feverish Times. Right now, what an amazing setup we have at the radio station this morning. It has all come together. Very rarely in the show's history does it go from idea to looking better than we imagined. It is like going into some sort of Pan's labyrinth. When I arrived at the radio station today, there were about twenty bleary eyed, confus looking listeners queuing up in the stairwell of the radio station, all getting ready. Well, what's going to begin for the next ten minutes on the show, which is our hand final twenty brand new washman machines to be one. All they have to do. The only thing that separates them from not having a brand new washing machine and winning one this morning is you've got to get the footy into that front loading washing machine. Now everyone this morning, wherever you are in the world, if you go to Facebook and look for the Christian O'Connell's show, you can only hear this, but you can actually watch it. I'm actually on our Facebook page right now along with eight of you that are are watching the live stream. The live stream is from within the washing machine. I'm peering out right now looking at Rio, who is our umpire for today, who's already during Kinney loggins. They've been posing for photos out there right now. It looks incredible the set up here with the fake grass, the center bounce, and then I said it'll be nice because there's going to be over one hundred people arriving any minute now. That we wanted some bleachers, I didn't know that if someone looks is wanting to set up a new business, hire bleaches in Victoria. Producer Kaitlan told me that you can't hire bleaches here in Victoria. You have to use a company in New South World, which costs a lot of money to get them over. So we now own those bleachers.
Speaker 3: What are we ever going to need them for? Again?
Speaker 4: Have you seen them, Pats? They are tiny. There's a room on those bleachers for a family and one other.
Speaker 2: Small person I like for Ozki of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that's exactly it. Patsy and I found out how much they cost us. We really need to make sure we get our money to sell those. We should be loan. We'll make the money back loan in them maunts. But it looks absolutely incredible. I just seen this on and so if you want to know how it's going to work, then so that the people to begin with, as they line up, each contestant is going to be four meters away from the washing machine. There are three washing machines, all on top of each other. The one in the middle is the target. It is actually now, I saw it in situation this morning. I think it's hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got to be a very accurate handball as well. The opening of the drum is not as big as you think when you're thinking of a washing machine. Ball only just barely fits through the opening.
Speaker 4: Plus, Patsy, if you had your pie.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just being delivered by the delightful Mary Fellow acronominee. I might add, she's a superstar, and it is.
Speaker 3: I haven't had a four.
Speaker 2: And twenty in so long.
Speaker 4: The passager say, and now is a busy show today, right, We've got a lot going on. It's like a carnival, a festival forty day, fellow, acronominee, any chance to get that?
Speaker 3: No, it's more for Mary.
Speaker 2: It's a very she's an excellent.
Speaker 4: It's more for Mary than why don't you say Mary? The acronomy said Mary's fellow. I mean Jack and I are also nominated to What about us, fellows?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're good as well. This pie senation.
Speaker 4: I cannot eat pie this early on the day. You'll be all sleepy. Seven. We've got the news to do at seven. Ummy, all right, coming up X we'll cross live to Rio at the gold fm CG Stadium.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: I could fill the buzz of the Grand Final weekend today on the show. There are so many people lining up to take part in our hand final twenty washing machines, hopefully being one during the next two and half hours of the show. At the moment, everybody just gets one go. Rio is live at the gold FMCG Stadium. Rio, are you there?
Speaker 6: I am here, Christian with a very, very and increasingly long line of nervous, excited athletes ready to take this shot.
Speaker 4: Now tame me this real? How have you decided who gets to have the very first go this morning? In our hand final I'm looking at the live stream. The camera is within the washing machine drum and Jack, I've noticed that you're replying to people like a moderator there. But what's happened to the cable?
Speaker 3: Ask you questions? I'll be doing and ask me anything on the side of the.
Speaker 4: Moderator post is moderating all your comments on Facebook. If you get a Facebook and the Christian O'Connor show, you can see right Rio, right now, from within the drum, it does look very much like Space two thousand and one. So yeah, Rio, the lady there is ready to go. Look and primed them hot to trot? Is she? How does she get number one pole position?
Speaker 6: This is the lovely fifteen year old Katrina. She was the first one here. I believe she was here at five am, which is, may I say, earlier.
Speaker 4: Than any of us. Some of us no one would be here.
Speaker 6: So she was just here waiting, and really it was a sign of what was to come. Because currently, Christian, I'm looking down the window, there is a line from the car park. It's weaving up through the stairs. It's like the line for the first iPhone that came out. As you walk up the stairs, you enter Reception, but it is no longer Reception. It is Christian's canteen. It is a fully stocked canteen. It has whiz Fizz, it has chippies, it has lollies.
Speaker 4: It's such a Touchhow isn't it for grown up soft drinks? Yes, yeh.
Speaker 5: It's not exactly athlete fuel.
Speaker 6: I don't think you'll find many of the Lions or Swany's players fueling up on this, but it is perfect for what we have to come. Then the line keeps going, keeps going, keeps going, and there's everyone in all different sorts.
Speaker 5: Of out fits.
Speaker 6: There's a bloke in a suit, there's a lady in a scarf, there's someone in ath leisure. So there's all sorts ready to go as we As we come through in to the m gold f MCG. You enter, you see beautiful, beautiful synthetic grass. You see the MCG outside the window to your left is the fund zone.
Speaker 4: That is a huge How what's the fund zone? What's that? What do you mean? Well?
Speaker 6: This is where you have all the fun, Christian. It's the fund zone.
Speaker 5: What we have.
Speaker 6: We have the lovely Dana, who's our face painter. You walk through the balloon arch, you see Dana. She has about seventy different types.
Speaker 3: Of paint brushes.
Speaker 6: She's got about one hundred different types of color combinations for any face painting that you might want. There are bean bags. There is a practice area where you.
Speaker 4: Can so fund face painting, and then you chuck in a bean bag. Yeah. I mean we're up against shows giving away a million dollars most mornings, and we've chucked three bean bags out for listeners. Oh my god, welcome to the big show. Hang on, am I at the Melbourn Royal Show right now? They probably only I don't even know they've got bean bags there.
Speaker 6: Oh, they would not like this, Christian. Not as fun as this, let me tell you. Then there's a poster making stations.
Speaker 4: Wow, will be running a youth club here. Fi's off on those school holiday clubs. You get your kids out the house, you know, post and making station. All right now, Rio, we're going to play the ads when we come back. Jack and I going to come out. Then we're going to begin this whole thing and start, hopefully start to give away washing machines in our hand. Final we'll find out how difficult is this? Now, Rio, why don't you come to the front and show everyone this morning how this should be working. I noticed you've got your swanny scarf on. Be the swany's right now. See if you can get it. See if you can bang the drum? All right.
Speaker 5: If I get this in, the Swans will win if I get it in.
Speaker 4: If I don't, we will lose. Okay, wow, yeah, pretty put a lot of pressure on himself, isn't he.
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 6: What couldn't have been further from the dry It's wow. That was like lowest third, probably about a meter away from the washing machine. It's hard now he's gone wise, really hard, and you get really nervous.
Speaker 4: All right, two more shots?
Speaker 5: Oh you want me to keep going?
Speaker 4: Sorry? All right?
Speaker 6: Alright, alright, alright, two more shots.
Speaker 3: Oh that was close.
Speaker 4: But it's not going in.
Speaker 5: If you're watching, no, it's not going in.
Speaker 6: But if you're watching the live stream, I imagine that would have been terrifying and bore careening towards your head.
Speaker 4: All right, Oh it just hit. All right, we're going to play the house. When we come back, we're going out there live's hopefully try and give away some washing machines.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good Morning O'Connor Show, Getting ready for the Grand Final weekend. It is a hand final. Let's play. Good luck to everyone who is literally lining up right now. Those are over one hundred people snaking out of the radio station, down the two flights of stairs into a reception, all lining out to try and win one of twenty brand new washing machines. All right, so the first contestant athlete is lined up ready to go. It is going to be Katrina. Katrina, how are you? How are you feeling? You are history right now? History is a strong word, history, very strong one. Who are you winning the washing machine? For?
Speaker 5: Mom?
Speaker 4: Your mamma? Where's mum? Mom's there? Atys have a chat with mom? Now? Mom? Do you want to have a go as well? Why don't you come and have a go as well. You've had hand surgery. It might actually be an advantage. That's some sort of special mit you've got there with. Yeah, that could be actually an advantage. I don't want sudri again, so I'm past, so do you think Katrina can do this? All right? Everyone? Are we going to start to cheer on? So everyone's going to get one shot. This is how it's gonna go this morning. We're about to find out how hard is it in one shot to try and get the footye in the washing machine? Jack begin the drumming. Everyone lined up here. I know you want to win these washing machines. They's say good luck to Katrina. Good luck Katrina, Katrina, when you're ready, sign it to the drums, Katrina, go, oh my god, it's high and wide, bounced off and we actually broken a window that couldn't have gone any worse. Broken a window, of course, Go okay.
Speaker 3: One of hundreds of shots to come, and.
Speaker 4: We've only got twenty more windows left to break that couldn't have gone any worse. What wow? Now, if the game was break a window, win a washing machine, Katrina, you've done very well. You've actually woke with the window that is next to Jack.
Speaker 3: You're the first contestant ever on the show to owe us money.
Speaker 4: Yes, well a round of loss for our first and mation. You certainly made history, Katrina. Well done. Okay, coming up next, who do we have here? We have back, good.
Speaker 3: Luck back, Thank you very much, Christian.
Speaker 4: All right, big cheer for back. Jack the drums when you're ready, try and get the footyat in the washing machine. Good luck to Beck.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say I'm going to protect the windows as well as from come on back, good luck.
Speaker 4: Oh almost rich just almost okay, tough luck back. Now we have a mum and baby playing together. A quick hand off of the baby. The baby doesn't want to be going with dad. Okay, good luck to page, good luck off you go, come on win. Oh oh my god, it looked like it was going in. It went half in and bounced out. Tough at the page. Now, Alan, Alan, good luck, Alan, thank you. Now you're gonna be the first person going to you're feeling lucky. You think you can do it. The baby's crying right now. It's fried the broken glass.
Speaker 3: Mom didn't win the washing machine.
Speaker 4: Whole family said Alan, good luck, thank you. Come on Alan, he's leaning up, he's oh so cool. O gosh, okay, Alan, tough luck. Let's do two more good luck this morning. Well done. Come on, I can feel that you're going to win the first washing machine. Jack the drums, go on, win it, get that foot tea in the washing machine? Why this one we've had so far? No point coming? All right, this guy's going to do it, Jason, it's the mall tees fulcan all right? Off you go? Good luck he's lock and primed. Oh my god, our closest one yet.
Speaker 3: Bounce it on the inside of the room in the next.
Speaker 4: Much looks like the bull's too big to get in the hole. Tough luck, Bosina. Okay, our last person here going the before the news. Good morning Carl, and good luck Carl. Come on, Carl, you can do this? Could it be? Carl oh Lo and ride.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Beside so crazy?
Speaker 5: You mean a washing machine? If you can take a funny and handball it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it all sounded so simple three weeks ago. Yeah, it is. Get people to come down here and just chuck the ball into a washing machine. So far, we're playing for about forty minutes. No washing machines. No washing machines of twenty have been one. Tell her what has happened, Katrina, the first person to give this a go. My hand final here this morning actually broke a window. It is literally next to Jack's head and the incredible thing. It is perfectly Sharon shape.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like Wiley Coyote going through a rock.
Speaker 4: And road runner, and that was with the first go. This morning, we've got his white board up where we are today and at the radio station to keep a tally of just how many washing machines we've given away. I don't think we need that. That blank wall would have been enough. But that is about to change sports fans around the world right now, because I know what I see. I know when I see winners, I know I see winners. We've got those losers out of here. We've replaced them with winners right now and taken his aim in a minute is going to be you baby? So playing for mum?
Speaker 3: Yes, playing for mum yep?
Speaker 4: I need a washing machine?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Now there's also if you've got another brother here as well? Yeah, I do. Brandon is Now how come you're about twenty paces ahead of him? Why is he behind way behind you? In the queue? You two fallen out?
Speaker 3: No, we made the first twenty luckily.
Speaker 4: So I'm younger brother coming up here. Let's have two brothers going to get Could this be the decoss boys?
Speaker 3: Younger brother's body's own footy as well.
Speaker 4: I know, let's check that's not rit. He could have a go bro in there, he could go flight in. Okay, we got to and we've got Mum here, who's made her own sign. So this is Annie. Good morning, Annie goo morning. Now, so you got both your sons. Now if you had to you can never have favorites, of course, any right, but if you had to guess which one might actually do this, who would your money be on?
Speaker 3: Oh that's so.
Speaker 4: Both of them are really good footballers. Good answer. All right. The baby boys are here. Good luck, Off you go, chat the drums, win mama washing machine? Good luck? Oh Bailey, missus. Younger brother Brandon steps up his for his own Sharon here, good luck, my friend winning it for mum. Oh my gosh, she goes high and white. Tough luck up next to and we've got Kelly, good luck Kelly. Still no washing machines have been one hand final get the foot in the washing machine today would be great. And there we go. Okay, nowhere near it. You have all the gear. Let's see if you've got no idea, Sam, good luck, you can do this, Sam oh lo And why this is going to be a long, long day, Jackie boy, come on for you and you can do this. Come on, Fiona has got this. Fiona steps up now and oh it's wide another one. We've got a young superstar here in the making. Okay, good luck young But how old are you? My friend? H try to think about that. And who are you winning this from? Mumble dad?
Speaker 6: My dog?
Speaker 4: You're winning it for your dog? Who doesn't love a young land trying to witness doc or wash?
Speaker 3: It's a story as old as time itself.
Speaker 4: All right? Then? What's your name? Samuel? Samuel? Great name? Now? I think, because like you're not grown up yet? I Samuel. Yeah, why don't you go a little bit closer? I think it's very unfair. Come on the way here, come a bit closer. Let's get real close. Keep going, Samuel, keep going, he going, keep going now, Samuel, I reckon, you can do that, Samuel. Get the ball in there and you can, oh have another go. Let's get Samuel the ball, have another go? Come on, Samuel, be the first. Oh, come on, you can do this. Third time?
Speaker 3: Lucky?
Speaker 4: I fin it's going to go in. Oh fourth time, lucky, Come on, Samuel, how money you can do it? Just put it in there Samuel, he jumps into He jumped into Dad's arms. Do we have a winner, Samuel Wolder? We have a boy keen winner, a new kings one, Dad and Samuel hugging emotional sings. Here we have our first winner. Wow done Samuel, only nineteen months ago. Let's play the ads.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: The Hand Final. Only one washing machine has been one so far by eight year old Samuel. It is really hard. Seriously, teams should be doing this as part of drills for next season.
Speaker 3: We've had a lot of great attempts. Honestly we have. It's just a tiny hole, and that rubber seal around the edge of the rim of the washing machine bounces the ball back.
Speaker 4: There's the reason why in basketball they don't have a thick three inch rubber seam around the top of the rim because obviously it would bounce all the Wilson's out. And so that's what's telling is that it's going in. And then do we need to tear out the rubber seals making it some I think it half the size of the hole because actually about fifty percent of the shots now they're hitting the drum, it would go in but they're getting thrown out. It looks like we've deliberately put a flap.
Speaker 3: In yes, like we're carnies and can actually win.
Speaker 4: The Yes, we've rigged the game so they can't. We haven't really got twenty machines. We've just got one to give away, all right. So we'll be going back out after seven o'clock. If you want to see how people are getting on right now is to try and win. There are nineteen brand new washing machines left in our hand. Final watch it on Facebook. Got a Facebook, The Christian O'Connell show. It's live right now streaming from within the washing and machine drum. See that unnecessarily thicked seal right now? We're tening is a villain of the show, aren't we? Oooh the rubber seal? Why would Fisher and Paintle put that on there? All right? So after seven o'clock we got one thousand dollars up for grabs. Today there is nothing like this week in Melbourne that the city changes. I can feel that even this morning. The weather's a bit better this morning. Everyone knows today is the last day and then you got the long weekend and it is the Grand Final and I know it's two out of state teens, but it's still the Grand Final. There's nothing else like it. So we want to hear from seven o'clock this morning your stories about Grand Finals. We're doing five degrees of the Grand Final this morning. Coming in, I realized that it was a Facebook memory came up three years ago when the D's won and how much has changed in the last three is? So do you remember the Grand Final three years ago?
Speaker 3: Per watching from home?
Speaker 4: Horrible time? Jim of the two D's fans that did six months in prison for sneaking into one ship. Doesn't that now when you look back at what we went through with the six lockdowns? And I was the Grand Final in lockdown, not at the MCG two D's fans sneaking in then doing prison time for six months, it's hacker movie. Yes, that really wasn't our lives. We didn't really go through that, did we? All Right? So Patsy, what's your five degrees of the Grand Final? Well?
Speaker 3: This is funny.
Speaker 2: So Paul Bryce was drafted to North Melbourne in nineteen eighty seven. He partnered one of my girlfriends for her debut on ball.
Speaker 3: Don't remember Paul, but I have to take your word for me. After North Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Then he was drafted by the Swans in the early nineties and he partnered one of my girlfriends, big tall guy. Caroline was really tall. My girlfriend really tall, and none of the boys at school were tall enough to partner Herbert Bryce.
Speaker 4: He was You know, when they say five degrees, I feel like perats. He's coming at twenty degrees of the Grand Final. You know you can beat that. That's the new level in the handball terms. You're not even hitting the Washington Ship. Come on, it's so wide that one hundred degrees of the Grand Final nine one four, one oh four to three. Now you have this tradition that you do every Grand Final with your friends, which I think is amazing.
Speaker 3: Yes, we play a pickup scratch match. It actually kind of suffered deeply in COVID. There used to be forty to fifty people who had come down on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 4: So this is people like you, Jo, I've got all these stories. The day isn't just about half two in the afternoon, it's the whole day. What happens beforehand is the Grand.
Speaker 3: Yes, for a while guys were even making medals and there was a trophy to B one medals be handed out afterwards. COVID meant three years we didn't play and since coming back from the band, maybe you get fifteen in to twenty people max them down there. This year is looking like maybe six on six. So it's a bit of a run around on a full field when you don't.
Speaker 4: Have years if you've been doing this on Grand.
Speaker 3: Far Oh, I was a kid. I so was my cousins and their friends who were doing it. So I was a kid.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: I would have played the first time when I was twelve years old.
Speaker 4: It's still amazing, all right. These are the stories we're looking for then, and not like Patsy's four one, four, three, five Degrees of the Grand Final. Your Grand Final Stories.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: This morning on the Show. Then it is our hand final, twenty washing machines up for grabs. One hundreds of you at the radio stage this morning from Forget This from five thirty this morning queueing to take part to try and have one shot to get the foot in the washing machine and win one of these twenty washing machines. I can tell you in about an hour of gameplay three have been one. If you got to Facebook, you can watch it all this morning. You can watch it actually live. The camera's inside the washing machine drama Facebook. Look for the Christian O'Connell show. Get this the first person having to go this morning. Then about half past six was Katrina, have a listen to this when you're ready? Signed it lit the drums, Katrina go, oh my god, it's high and wide, bounced off and we just broke in the window. Actually broken a window that couldn't have gone any worse. Broken a window. You need to see the video. It is actually a comically in last sharing the perfect oval shape that Catrina the very first go. It took a while, but we managed to get our first winner is actually an eight year old Samuel. Get the ball in there and you, oh, have another go. Let's get something in the ball. Have another go? Come on, Samuel, be the worst. Oh come on, you can do this. Third time, Lucky, I fin it's going to go in. Oh, fourth time, Lucky, Come on, Samuel, Home on, you can do it. Just put it in there, Samuel chut Win. All right, So three washing machines have been one seventeen though stall to go, We go back out there in five minutes time, right now. Then on the Grand Final weekend nine four one four one oh four to three, your stories of the Grand Final five degrees of the Grand Final. We got one thousand dollars for grabs for the best story we get this morning on the show on nine four one four one oh four to three. Good morning, Susan.
Speaker 7: Hello, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Suzanne, welcome to the show. So what is your five degrees or the Grand Final? What's your story for us?
Speaker 7: Myself and my husband I bot for Hawthorn, he borts for Fremantle. We got married in twenty thirteen the week after the Grand Final. I went to the Grand Final and we hadn't worked out a song to walk into as yet, and we made a bet that whoever won the Grand Final we'd walk into that song. So when the wedding came, Hawthorng came on for the phone and my husband threw his hand down and stood in the door with his arms cracked, the biggest huff, and I will be with my aunts.
Speaker 4: Yeah is a bet, yep, And I won.
Speaker 3: So did you do a first answer as this says what you walk down the aisle to?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: No, No, as I announced your man and wife and wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, what a moment. What a soundtrack to have, that's incredible.
Speaker 7: Also, so we had a cake and our cake we ordered in July and each layer, one layer was hawth On color together layers with free mental color.
Speaker 4: Oh god, that's got her. That's a rough wedding for your husband then, Susan. But good for you, Susan, thank you very much. Your story. That's kind to Alex. Now morning, Alex, morning, God, how's it going? Yeah? Good? So five degrees at the Grand Final? What's your story for us?
Speaker 8: Yeah? So back in year three, our teacher surprised us after the Grand Final said, oh, I'm going to get the AFL Grand Final Cup to come in, Like, how's that going to happen? Anyway? Turns out that her father was legendary Carlton coach David Parkin. So he came in and presented the cup tour.
Speaker 4: It would have been like Brad Pitt turning up a school like an actual superstar. Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: How was she as a teacher because he was a famously aggressive she could lose it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, she was a great. She was a great teacher.
Speaker 4: Alex. Thank you very much, your story mate. Enjoy the Grand Final? You two.
Speaker 9: Thanks?
Speaker 4: Have we got a Jade? Good morning? Sorry Jude's good morning Jew Jane or sorry whoever you want to be sorry Jade, good.
Speaker 10: Morning, Yes, good morning morning Jade.
Speaker 4: What's your story about the Grand Final? For us?
Speaker 11: My uncle's final wishes were to have his ashes scattered at the MCG.
Speaker 7: He was a massive.
Speaker 8: Collingwood fan, so we honored his wishes.
Speaker 11: Don't know how legal it was, but he now lives at the MCG.
Speaker 4: And whereabouts where did you sprinkling? Where did you sprinkling?
Speaker 3: Whereabouts between the gold Oh wow, how'd you get on?
Speaker 11: We I just leant over the railings.
Speaker 4: Good shot. It's half throwing ashes. They blow back at you if the wind changes.
Speaker 8: And I was lucky that day.
Speaker 11: I was very lucky a game.
Speaker 3: Who is this during a game?
Speaker 11: It was at the end of the game, so when everyone was kind of leaving, I kind of randy.
Speaker 4: Perfect, Tim. This is what I wonder. How many other people have spring called ashes of someone who was a massive fan of a club at the MCG. How many ashes do they think they're there? If there's other people that says going to oh we've done that, please call nine four one four one oh four three. Thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 11: No worries, have great day nine.
Speaker 4: Four one four one oh four three Your Grand Final stories one thousand dollars up for grabs. Fifteen minutes past seven wash the hand Final live right now. This is how you do it. KO Sports. You're want to build up the subs, head to Facebook and look for the Christian o'connells Show dot.
Speaker 1: Com Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Bringing these washing machines is really hard getting the footye in a very small washing machine drum. Four winners so far, sixteen to go. If you're heads to Facebook, look for the Christian O'Connell show, you can watch it all live right now. You can call the show. We're looking for your Grand Final stories. Five degrees in the Grand Final or nine four one four one oh four three, one thousand dollars to be one this morning, Christian my five degrees. I think it goes straight to the number one. My neighbour's nephew is playing this weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh who is it?
Speaker 4: Mcluggy mcluggage lines. I think he's the vice captain. I actually think he's from Warnable the only reason to remember that bit of trivia, you know, sums about Actually a lot of games, especially as Luke dancers commenting, you get like where they were born, who he knows their mum, what school they went to, where they go skiing. I'm pretty sure that the one thing I never watching is that Schue McCluggage is I think from Warnaball, just outside there, well near Ballarat.
Speaker 3: There was a legendary commentator, Dennis Committee, who is from wa and anytime there was a player playing who's from w A he would let you know about it.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take some more stories then, Kylie, good morning, good morning, how are you. I'm good, Kylie, welcome to show. So what's your Grand Final story? Mate?
Speaker 12: The nineteen ninety six North Melbourne Grand Final. I went there with my father. I went up to get some food. I come back down the stairs, it turned to my seat and I broke my leg and ended up spending the rest of the Grand Final in the Saint John's ambulance to the hospital. And my dad stayed at the Grand Final.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, what you're there? And then suddenly what a cruel story?
Speaker 12: And it was like just sort of like maybe let's say, not even quite finished the first quarter.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Ambulance at the MCG needs like in one of those post rooms, like the long room at the MCG. You can actually take a pee and look out. There's a mini window that looks out over the ground. The need to St John's ambulance where you're looking out and you can still watch the game.
Speaker 4: They should have the Saint John's own sort of corporate experience for you. If you're un lucky enough to get injured, you should go to one of those corporate boxes. It's the least that should happen. You shouldn't have to be on the back of an ambulance in the car park there underneath it.
Speaker 12: I was in a room for a little bit watching it on the TV, so that's the best I could get. But my poor father was kind of a big.
Speaker 4: Dawn and it was very untorn. He stayed in his seats and joining his beers and chips. Kylie. Terrible story, but great story. Thank you very much for sharing. Thank you morning Sue. Hello, Hello, so you're live on the Christian O'Connell show. What's your story about the Grand Final?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 10: How are you going? Good morning?
Speaker 11: I My story is that I can see to because of Saint Kilda's last Grand Final celebration, Pere, I.
Speaker 4: Thought you're going to say about my name one of the Saint Kilda players. So it's like, we don't need these kind of five degrees.
Speaker 7: They've only won one Grand Finally, I really loved again how.
Speaker 3: Long ago was it? It was in the sixties, wasn't it.
Speaker 12: Sixty nineteen sixty six?
Speaker 11: Was they one and only Grand Final?
Speaker 12: So yeah, it was fifty.
Speaker 7: Eight years ago.
Speaker 4: So thank you very much the story. Let's get one more now, Kylie, Good morning, Good morning, Kylie. What's your Grand Final story for us this morning? On the show?
Speaker 11: Two thousand and seven to long, we're in their Grand Final. Everybody thought, this is our year. We're gonna make it. We're playing good footy. Heavily pregnant with our fourth child, my husband and the obstetrician both had Grand Final tickets. They decided on my behalf that if Geelong didn't sorry, if I didn't have the baby before the Saturday, we would be induced. So our little boy was born on the Friday afternoon so that they could both go to the Grand Final, and of course, along one broke the drought so I was in hospital. Why they were having an amazing time at night?
Speaker 4: You kidding me? How many decisions, big decisions like this happened fact to them because of a Grand Final. That's incredible story, Kylie.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, and to this day, like our little son, well he's now almost seventeen on Saturday. He his nickname is Gary Junior Jin.
Speaker 4: And of course is it final baby, Yes, so we'd be seventeen this weekend.
Speaker 11: That's right on Saturday and awesome. Yeah, they had a great time. I had a front row seat to all the celebrations that were happening in Toolong. I was the only patient I think on the maternity ward at that time. So yeah, it's a fun, funny story.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well listen, I hope you and your family and your seventeen year old son of a great birthday weekend and enjoy the Grand Final.
Speaker 11: Amazing. Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: It's The Christian O'Connell Show. Our hand final this morning on the show, how long would it take to give away twenty brand new Fisher and Michael Washing machines thanks to our good friends at E and S. So far, we've been playing since six am Jack, how many washing machines of twenty have been one?
Speaker 3: They were officially at the halfway mark of the show and giving away four of twenty.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, it's okay, a little bit longer than we thought, a little bit longer than we thought. Okay, So the winning is about to step up a gear.
Speaker 8: Our.
Speaker 4: The four winners so far, two of them have been eight year old kids, which is incredible. Jack drums now playing live right now is Sally. You don't have much confidence? I believe in you? Do you believe in you? Sally?
Speaker 5: A little bit?
Speaker 4: Sally? Don't cry please it looks terrible on the radio. Now listen, Salnie, what do you do? Tell me about you? Sam? If you do, you've got some sort of gear hair. Co Health? What do they do with co health?
Speaker 5: Community health nurse? So I'll be heading to work shortly. Fantastic organization.
Speaker 3: So I work with public housing residents.
Speaker 5: It's a fantastic role.
Speaker 4: Well listen, someone like you, thank you very much everything you doing, all your team. We need you to win this washing machine? Is this for you? Sally?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I will probably end up donating it to someone.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, right, okay, the first person shame on the rest of you.
Speaker 3: Huh you Gradio.
Speaker 4: Looks like the Winnie Wonker story. You lose, Charlie, Salie, You're gonna win. Sally the donator. That's who Sally is. Everybody what sal takes into the washer, show the drums, shack the drums go Sally. Oh, she's one. Well done. My eyes I saw he went in. Take me up. It went in, It went in. She's gonna donate it. You can't lose.
Speaker 3: I must have something in my heart now that I got it out.
Speaker 4: Wash machine number vee.
Speaker 5: Well done.
Speaker 4: It was so quick. Other humans can't see it, but not these eyes. I saw it with my very own eyes. This guy's filthy. It's a second go. He came so close early. He's been practicing all week. This is your one. Your son has already sent you edited the video of you almost doing it. He has, and he said, I'm a loser.
Speaker 1: Straight to the back of the queue.
Speaker 4: All right, step up, this is the one going in. Good luck John Jack, Come on, Nick, Oh, tough luck. Nick. Okay, here we got here. Katherine, step up. Here's your mark here, good luck, Catherine. Off you go.
Speaker 3: You can do, Catherine is all It takes.
Speaker 4: Five Washman means of twenty one. It's now okay. I don't accuse you of being a cheat, but almost got placed in and you screwed it up.
Speaker 3: Awkwards, big old step.
Speaker 4: Now you've actually got You've got team much team Kimmy? Are you Kimmy today? All right, ladies, you go go go together? Come on, why don't you buy both? You go at the same time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, one book and I want to be out of here by nine.
Speaker 4: Let's get on with it. One missus, Oh my lush bloody helm has broke the machine. Take your name. You can pay for that. Rob's selling these tomorrow in the back of his truck. Right, okay, Now who we got here? Beth, a Hawks fan, very pround Hawks fan. Beth, good luck, take your time. This is your muck an discount. Yes you can. These old timers coming up to the two. Put her up to the King's mark. Okay, off you go, Come on, golden girl, you can do this. Be office here and I know you do that one there. Yeah, good luck. I love the pink trains. She's her away. Still no, no tough luck, Beth. All right, let's do three more than we get. Patsy's news Tracy. Now you appear to be playing and trapped inside of a doner. Is this You're not gonna limit movement? No, okay, you go.
Speaker 3: Everyone's just helping themselves.
Speaker 4: Casually does it, she does it, just casually gets it in winner number six?
Speaker 7: Where is he?
Speaker 4: Beautiful washing machine? Well done? Well done? Was she just flashing me? Then? Tiny? Share what happened?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Fifty two of you right now watching what what a handball final looks like from inside the drum of the washing machine that right now to hundred of people are here at the station tech in their turns one shot to try and get the foot seat in the washing machine drum. Let's go live now to Rio. Who's there, Ria? What number of twenty here are you? Ties?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, Christian, it's a madhouse down here. Literally three seconds ago, Julia has.
Speaker 3: Slotted it in.
Speaker 1: Luck.
Speaker 6: Wow, we've had three in the time since we've last spoke. The quality has lifted, the crowds going crazy.
Speaker 5: First we had April.
Speaker 6: It was incredible, walked up, had a walking stick, didn't face her, put it down, nailed it straight through the middle.
Speaker 4: I was watching it live. It's incredible. She's one of the cleanest goals, cleanest handballs we've actually seen so far.
Speaker 6: Everyone sort of almost didn't react because it was just like it just went straight in.
Speaker 5: It was so sort of beautiful, didn't even touch the edge. It was insane.
Speaker 4: Identity just a little bit slow giving her handbag back to as well, trying to get some beer money for the year Grand Final this weekend. Swaney's fan.
Speaker 5: I keep taking ladies bags.
Speaker 4: Probably we've spoken about that. We've spoken about that. No more upbagging, I've told.
Speaker 6: And then we had Ben who's fourteen. There's probably his third shot every time. He's first one just like almost bounced in, bounced out, the second one, hit the rim, third.
Speaker 5: Time as a charm.
Speaker 6: He won it for his very very very happy mum, Dawn. And then just now got next to me, I've got Julie who slotted it straight in, no worries, cool as a cucumber, and the crowd went mental.
Speaker 4: Now, so how many have we given away so far? There's twenty to be one in the next hour and fifteen. Well in total, how many are we up to now?
Speaker 6: We've given away nine and we've got eleven to go in. You know, just over an hour.
Speaker 4: So are they getting better or is it my mind? It feels like we're getting more winners now.
Speaker 6: They're definitely honing in because a lot we're now around to a couple of people have had to go before they've honed in, and the quality is definitely improving. The nerves are out the window, you know, into the third quarter of the game.
Speaker 5: Now they're starting to settle in.
Speaker 4: Well don't bet and talking about out the window. The six twenty five This morning the show. We start at the first person, very nervous. Katrina steps up. This happens when you're ready signing. Due the drums, Katrina go, oh my god, it's high and wide. Start and we're just broken the window actually broken a window that couldn't have gone any worse. Broken a window. It is a huge hole in this window. Luckily all the glass fell in because we're on the second floor, but it's a massive drafty hole there. All right, Naked Hour.
Speaker 9: Christian, We've got no songs for the whole hour on nick nig nig nig nig nag naked Our Naked Hour, Oh nig nigg nagg naked our Naked Our.
Speaker 4: Normally on a Friday but of course today is a Friday, so we give you the theme. You pick all the songs nine four one four three today from a whole hour of power big songs only in the title me myself or I, me myself or I in the song title. Loads of brilliant songs to choose from nine four one four one o four three, Patsy, what do you want us to play?
Speaker 2: I do believe I've delivered our trifected this week, Me myself, I joan armor training.
Speaker 4: Well done. You have not delivered anything other than a stinker? What is this like? An outtake in street?
Speaker 2: It was a massive was a massive song and has an Aussie connection. Rachel Griffiths was in a movie that was the title of the soundtrack because the actual movie was called.
Speaker 4: Me Rachel Griffis Connection.
Speaker 2: I do believe I've just delivered on all three so it was mess rather than you said.
Speaker 4: Prince Dove's cry Jackie Boy, what you got there must have me myself or I in the title.
Speaker 3: I've gone for the smash mouth version of I'm a Believer Friday tune Believe, originally by the Monkeys. But do you know who wrote this song? Neil Diamond I didn't know that great fact.
Speaker 13: Features people on the strict soundtrack to Jack That's Right Movie Great Version nine four one four one oh four three in the song title must have me myself or I.
Speaker 4: I'm going for this from brilliant band cheap Trick. I want you to want me all right? What do you think we should play? Nine four one four one oh four three in the song title must have me or myself or I in it me myself I in the song title today whole Arab Tunes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show, The Naked Hour this Morning. Then from it you're picking all the songs we give you a theme. Think today's first person song to itel so me myself alright in the song tit till nine four one one oh four three, it's a great song's coming through Communists, don't leave me this way. This is a great vibe. Steve Harley, come up and make me smile, to make stuck me up by the stone, and you shook me all night long by ac DC. So I boss banned us some playing ac DC. She's already gone out to a hole in the station window and measured it's coming out my salary. All right, this guy, Bernadette, Morning Bernadette.
Speaker 10: Hi Christian, Hi guys, So what.
Speaker 4: Do you fancy here in this morning? What do we have to play?
Speaker 8: It totally has to be I want it all by Queen.
Speaker 4: This is a great song, all right, thank you very much. Better that you're the long weekend. Let's go to and now Good morning Annie, Hi Christians, Hello Annie, welcome to the show. What would you love us to play this morning?
Speaker 10: I heard it through the great band Chris Creden's Clear Order Revival.
Speaker 4: You don't hear Marvin Gay No, Oh my gosh, but great version of it because I've been ripening through Patsy's record collection. Whenever we get the old Dusty one, you know there is nothing wrong and the old record fair at the weekend. Why not exactly it is?
Speaker 9: It is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, get a molder it, young kids, a nice bucket challenge just since her. Good morning, Good.
Speaker 8: Morning Christian, Jack and Pet.
Speaker 4: Here you going this friend's having a laugh and just into what can we play this morning?
Speaker 11: I need you tonight by Inexist please.
Speaker 4: I need oh great song this morning, just sent up brilliant man, great song. Thank you very much for calling and enjoyed the long weekend. Thank you you too, Thank you, Brendan.
Speaker 12: How are we going guy?
Speaker 4: We're good, Brendan. What do we have to play this morning?
Speaker 8: What about a bit of simply writ if you don't know me bye?
Speaker 4: Now, that isn't how it goes. The lyrics I may play of that terrifying version. Well we know now, we know, now you should have led with that, Brendan. Okay, not the song Brendan did, but it kind of is lyrics the melody somewhere else. I think we have to do a new feature called that Brendan comes on. You've got to guess the song. None of us have got any idea, not even Brendan has what he's telling year that's going to kill the vibe an it Brendan.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're into the last forty five minutes of our hand final, trying to see how long will it take us to give away twenty washing machines. Everybody lines up, wanted to go and has one shot to try and bang the drum and be the one. So far, then we've given away thirteen, thirteen, seventy go seven washing machines to go now, this is a very important moment in today's show. The pressure isn't on any of the two hundred people who've been here since very early this morning before the show, lining up to try and win twenty washing machines. It's all on Jack Post. He's not trying to win it for himself. He's trying to win it for a very special lady, Judy, who we go live to right now, Judy, good morning. Well listen, I don't know where we're great, say good morning to word Judy. Everyone monitor now, Judy, you are a very moan listen to us. And I was so upset to here two days ago that you couldn't make it today because you're the first person to call through and said you want to take part in this, but you're having this major heart operation in a couple of weeks time. So want the washing machine. So winning it well, trying to win it on your behalf is our man, Jack Post, who you wanted to be your proxy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Jack, I know you can do this night. You just got to focus. And there's the great John Kennedy kid. Don't think.
Speaker 4: Judy you are in safe hand. Wow, the pressure is on. You're winning it for her. Heart. Jack. Okay, come on.
Speaker 3: Jack, Judy, come on straight through the middle.
Speaker 4: First shot. This is okay, first shot, missus. Keep going, Jack, Judy, He's got this for Judy. Up is over now Jack. Oh, just hits the edge and goes outside for Judy. Come on, no, wild, No, it's getting worse. He picked the wrong guy, Judy. Come on, come on, come on, He's gonna do this. Jack's got this, believe Come on, Jack, you've got this.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 4: One of the biggest misses in the morning is this winning minute? It was this one?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, can you after the seniors?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, she can, Yes, Judy, he's miss five. This is the one the drums reopened.
Speaker 3: I hope you're still there.
Speaker 4: She's in a hospital bed waiting to have a brand new heart. No this, I'm sorry, Judy, are you still alive? Come on, Jack?
Speaker 9: Come on, Jack getting in mad that practices jiming up Jack.
Speaker 4: He did it. He's told you about your washing machine.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: This is probably better than the brand new heart and working vowels. Jack.
Speaker 10: I'm so happy. I know I'm going to have clean knickers.
Speaker 4: Bye nickers. For that's all today was all about.
Speaker 10: Can I just quickly say, I see it to an email in Christian But please don't ever underestimate the joy and and and taking people's worries off their mind. But this show brings on the luckiest sill in the world. I've got a brillant job. I work for Western Age and Osteopathy. I've only been nir since April, but they have just supported me the whole way. And as I said, I don't ask for petty parties. All I ask for is good juju vibes.
Speaker 4: Oh Judy, you re treat a jam good luck with the operation and listen. The least we can do is give a girl clean nickers. Now, that is my number one rule for radio. If I guess one person in the city has clean nickers today, that we've done a great job on The Christian O'Connell Show. That's why we're all here. All right, Judy, good luck in the operation.
Speaker 5: Speak to soon bye.
Speaker 4: All right, there's clear the ads and we come back.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good morning, It's the Christan O'Connell Show. Our handball final trying to give away twenty brand new washing machines. Thank you very much to everyone who's been here for the last couple of hours who've been coming back around. There's about two hundred people here from half five this morning. Thank you very much. Thank you very much everyone for showing up and being part of this. Give yourself a round of posse. So let me just describe the scene here at the radio station. There are three washing machines staked on top of each other. The middle one is the target. The door has been removed and that's where they've been trying to get the footy in the drum bying the drum be the one Jackie boy we had twenty at six o'clock chap with the way it stood in front of a broken window. Incredible scenes. The first go Katrina, who has fled town. She's not even stuck around mind in shame. It's a right, Katrina. It missed and smashed the window. It's a Sharon shaped hole. The window is.
Speaker 3: About four meters away from the washing machine, so she was nowhere near it.
Speaker 4: It's an incredible trick shop. But all right, name the winners so far, because a couple of kids have also won as well. They got the footy in the drum.
Speaker 3: Fourteen people have walked away with the washing machine.
Speaker 4: This morning.
Speaker 3: We started with eight year old Samuel. Congratulations to Gary Kobe, Oliver, Sally Tracy, April fourteen year old Ben Julie, thirteen year old Hayden. Our oldest winner was seventy one year old Julie Jason Brandon and then of course I just won one on behalf of Judy. If you didn't listen earlier, got it in one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay. Now this is Nick, who's a firefighter and you've been in since. This is going number three or four, Nick, This is three straight through the middle. This is going to be the winning shops here a firefighter. You're in Height, which is down the road from me, and I will come down have a cup of tea with you. Guys.
Speaker 3: I'd love to come for a visit.
Speaker 4: Yep. Yeah, thanks everything you and the all the firefighters of Victoria too. Now you're winning this for your daughter and two weeks time moves into a home.
Speaker 6: Moves into a new house and she's just had built in two weeks time, she's moving in but has not got a work new washing machine.
Speaker 4: That's changed out. Right now, Jack the drums, Now, I don't want to be rude, right, you are more than welcome to step up to what we call the winner's line. It's very close. Gotta go there. Yeah, all right, sign us with the drums. Come on, Nick, Yeah yeah, he just fatly your scene. Nick the Firefighter does it triple zero all day long with this guy. Wow, well I've got goose bumps. One of our favorite winners of the morning, Nick Firefighter, Third time Lucky. This show loves a trier lock at that, Nick, run down the line. Everyone hands up. Yeah, that's it, NICKI Nick? Nick, all right, Keith and coming everyone, Katherine, you're third time lucky, think as well. Come on, you go up to the winners line, as we're going to call this one right now. Chat the Chops missed wildly earlier. This is the to be stepping back, bambled him. Give me any simple so well, what is happening? I just threw it, Nick the Firefighter. Let me like that? Good lord. Sorry, Team Kimmy about they're Pies fans, but we still like them.
Speaker 3: Joanne handballing or watching machine.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, took out the drawer there that you put the powder in. Another team member of Team Kimmy here, come on, come on, smashed it earlier. Oh haugh, look so close Beth is with my lovely pink sneakers. Come on, Beth, come on, you can do this. Oh truck trying of the go I think I think you just got unlucky there. Come on, Beth, yep, that's the game. Oh no, tough love, Beth.
Speaker 3: Alright, Adam, this is Adam.
Speaker 4: Good luck. Oh so close. Practically it went in and then came out. We have five of the twenty washing machines left to give away. All right, Sam, come on Sam, Yeah, Sam, presision shot coolly take him. She takes so washing machine number sixteen. Right, I'm Sam News coming up wax here on goals.
Speaker 1: Got Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Down to our last five washing machines. Time wasted coming up now. One of our winners of the fifteen washing machines in the for final today plays for Werribee Masters over fifties footy team. They won one game this year, said he really came needing needing the win. He won a wash machine made of season to get that big w at the w standing for washmachine. Well done, Jason, I'm so glad. Nicked the firefighter got it for his daughter as well. Lovely guy. All right, So the winning will continue in about ten minutes time. But right now the Melbourne Royal Show it is back from today for the next colo weeks until the sixth of October. Melbourne Royal Show is now on tickets at royalshow dot com dot au and you can win a family pass or four of you to go right now. The time waster for the Bestern Show today is national you can do it day already. We've seen that this weening scene. Oh my god, so much you can do. We're looking for your motivational movies today. Motivate a movie. We love the movie. Lukh's talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah we did.
Speaker 4: It's not any motivational Luk, who's Pep talking? Silver, I'm wondertle baby dot to no great Bond movie. It's a downer, got to no excuses. Gold love the movie. Breakfast at Tiffany's Wakey, Wakey Early Birdie gets Breakfast at Tiffany's.
Speaker 3: Silver.
Speaker 4: It's going to get up nice and only the Golden Hour. Captain America. That's a good movie, isn't it. Yeah, Yeah, you did a bit of cheering up though that guy. Make Captain America great again? And I know you you love The Teenage Mutant ninja loving, pepping them up and now they're the teenage motivational ninja. To Franz, it's a nice a little bit of you can't do spirits sometimes on the show, Jackie boy, what have you got motivational movies?
Speaker 3: I know you're a fan of the Beautiful movie up? Oh yes, thumbs up?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm just down.
Speaker 3: Bruce Lee, you're a big Bruce Lee fan. Into the Dragon mentor the Dragon?
Speaker 4: Now that is gold?
Speaker 3: Very good men who staric goals. If you can see it, it will come in silver. And Darth Vader was never that nice to the Empire? Strikes back, strikes back? How about the Empire pats on the back?
Speaker 4: That is gold, gold bluster.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast The.
Speaker 4: Time Why Today we're asking you to motivate a movie messon show Family Past four of you off to the Melbourne Royal Show. Jack you read Tomark, Let's go you killed it? Bill Gold? Look who's Ted talking?
Speaker 3: Oh that's really good gold, Well.
Speaker 4: Done, Scooby. The Hills have eyes on the price Gold Edward certificate hands gold? What on Tim mission possible silver pay rise for Planet of the Apes Bronze Yeah, catch me you can do it Silva. Dude, there's your dopamine silver. Nice try Bethany. When Harry mentored Sally Gold Mary Goggins instead of Mary Poppins. That is very good. David Goggins reference in their world and brussa Austin Powers, the spy who shaped me into who I am today? That is so good.
Speaker 3: That's a gold play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well done. Who's that from chev take about? Well done? Austin Powers, the spy who shaped me who I am today? Dude, you can definitely find your car Silva. Planets of the applause gold, very good. That's from Anabel. You're so talented, mister Ripley gold. Last few motivate movie time wasters today Opraheimer gold. Instead of three billboards outside missing Ebbing, Missouri, vision board outside Ebbing, Missouri.
Speaker 3: It's gold as well. These are very.
Speaker 4: Very very good. All right, Jackie boy, who is off to the Melbourne Royal showing family pass, Well.
Speaker 3: Done to share for Austin Powers, the spy who shaped me into the person I am today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, very good. All right. Let's now cross live again to Rio Rio. How many washing machines have now been one in the hand final we've.
Speaker 5: Given away two more Christian.
Speaker 6: We had Julia who had to sprint down leave the line because her car was about to get a ticket from the parking inspector, so.
Speaker 4: She dashed down.
Speaker 6: I don't know if she got a fine, but she did get a washing machine. And then we had a little Coco who has been showing every There were grown adults missing it from about a meter out. At the moment, Coco, five years old, no nervousness on her face at all, just waltzed up first, go straight in.
Speaker 3: And so now the prize that every five year old kid dreams of a washing machine, the Sha Price washing machine.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Good morning, it's to Christian O'Connell Show Live. We have the two last washing machines to give away. We've given away an amazing eighteen to there saying we've been giving them away. People have actually won these in a very hard manner. They've had to try and get the footy into the washing machine. We're back out live at the gold fmcg Stadium of Dreams and now a lot of these people have been here since five in this morning, so we're going to try and jack the drums. Thank you very much for everyone who's taken part in this today. By the way, Aidan is up next. Aidan, before you have a go? How old are you Aidan?
Speaker 3: Twelve?
Speaker 4: Twelve? And who are you trying to win? This washing machine? For Aiden? For Dad because my mum keeps on going n's and my dad because he wrecked the washing machine. Oh my god, Aidan. The scenes at home right now, Mom and dad here they cheering you on.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's right behind me right.
Speaker 4: Okay, well listen, good luck, Okay, off you go, Wade for Dad? Is Aidan get it in? No messing will answer. Hay Wow one of the coolert taking ones of the show. That is pressure wowy ice, cold future, best and fairest for the dees. That is incredible. Have you been practicing?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Do you play footy?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Wow? Wow done Aiding. Everyone takes Washing Machine nineteen Well down winner, all right, we are down to the final washing machine. We're just resetting the webcam otherwise seventeen of you won't be able to watch this. I know it's heartbreaking. It's heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: Do you go to Facebook and watch this game?
Speaker 4: It's fun, bizarrely addictive.
Speaker 3: From the inside of the washing machine drum.
Speaker 4: Go to a Facebook and look for the Christian O'Connell show. Q is our little web guard at the moment. You're just resetting the camera. How's it going? We ready? This is live? Uh kind of yeah, that's what we want to hear. Okay, so this is go number number four. Sneaky, sneaky.
Speaker 3: Well, I could be for five.
Speaker 4: I don't be four or five doesn't matter. Why don't you did get a little bit closer?
Speaker 3: There you go there, you get much closer than where we're putting him now.
Speaker 4: Good luck Kelly one hamble Kenny for Kelly.
Speaker 14: Oh oh oh gosh, no no, no, Fiona, come on, you've you've been here since the early times this morning as well.
Speaker 4: Good luck Fiona, Good luck.
Speaker 3: Yes, Fiona, well done.
Speaker 4: Rowed out Fiona, it's been here since half five this morning. Wow? Wait, what camaraderie everyone's getting around each other scenes this morning? What al Fiona? Was it strictly a hamble whilst placed in there?
Speaker 3: Who guess we've actually given away twenty washing this year. Congratulations to all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well done everyone, So many great moments this morning of winners as well. Give yourself a round applause. We have the best. Honestly, you're like family to us on the show. Thank you very much for everyone who is stuck around this morning since early doors were unnicked. The Firefighter, Well done there, Jason Bazina as well. Only one win for the Weerriby Masters this year, but a big win this morning as well. Enjoy the Grand Final. I hope it's a great game on behalf of me. Jack and Pats, thank you very much for showing up this morning. Wherever you're watching a Grand Final this weekend, enjoy this. Hope it's a great game. Hey Monday, see yam.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast