Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast brought you Hello am My, Gremlins and Goblins. We are backed podcast edition for me taking selfies off herself. So whom's for? What? We do not know? Boy?
Speaker 2: Not really my mum.
Speaker 1: Either way, you don't need to share your business, It's okay, But.
Speaker 2: Any opportunity I'm just waiting to get into a relationship so I can completely decimate it by sharing personal information.
Speaker 1: Oh will you? Yeah? Oh fantastic.
Speaker 2: You run out of material, flex, you know, I mean the trenches.
Speaker 1: Always think, what do you mean running out? You post ten stories a day. It's not even cracking the surface.
Speaker 2: So let's get to it.
Speaker 1: This is Flex and Frooms on Catera. Here's the thing we're about to play. I don't want to call it my favorite game because it's not. Also because there's apparently no games. There are no games here. It's just life experiences share between the two of us. But we do this thing called sibling rivalries where we troll the internet for a to f list celebrity who happen to be siblings by circumstance or by bloodline doesn't matter to us, and we decide who is the better sibling. I have lost I don't know, four or five weeks, i'd think I won one of them. I think I took it too seriously. That's why I won like I wasn't backing down. But every week since I've lost my morale and I actually have nothing to give. So will I forfeit this round? Who knows, but I would rather forfeit than lose.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, you're in luck. Today's siblings are not twins. Someone say they're not even related, but they do come from the same universe, and without each other, the other one couldn't exist. We are talking about two cartoon characters that are close to my heart today.
Speaker 1: In the pen is in the pen in the ring in the.
Speaker 2: Is it not called a pen?
Speaker 1: That's where pigs play?
Speaker 2: Okay, well these are Some would say these are willy beast kind of creatures. It is Sir Shrek and Donkey, and naturally I'm Shrek, of course, and your Donkey, despite your ogre like appearance.
Speaker 1: For those of you who have not noticed, that wasn't a burn. Our producer Brook has a Shrek tattoo, which on first glance looked oddly like me. And that's something to say, I look like Shrek. It's to say that tattoo of Shrek looked like me. Do with that information what you will, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna start off with Shrek and then we're gonna hit a break and you're gonna rebut sure, so just start off Shrek an absolute Iconon how old is Shrek, I'm gonna say forty. I'm gonna say at time of filming, he was probably twenty nine. Okay, he was getting older, got it. He just met fi owner. They had a baby later on, so he's around forty five. He is very confident despite his natural unattractiveness. That's subjective, Okay, this is true, take it back. He is very open about his bowel movements, which I find quite inspiring. He is a realist. He's living in the realm of Yes, I eat my burp, I live in a swamp. He's not trying to be anyone but Shrek, and I find that really admirable. What's more, he.
Speaker 1: What are Shrek's species?
Speaker 2: Shrek species is Ogre.
Speaker 1: I thought Ogre's had one eye, no cyclops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, different, different mystical creature.
Speaker 1: Ogre's real.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, there's many people that I've met that are quite like Shrek.
Speaker 1: So you believe in ogres are not aliens?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do. Okay, I'm looking on.
Speaker 1: Cancel frooms, please cancel hat. He's gone too far.
Speaker 2: So in conclusion, Shrek is far better than Donkey because he is never pretending to be anyone but Shrek.
Speaker 1: That's really hot.
Speaker 2: Thank you for sharing on Marb Of all ogres everywhere, Shrek is the better civil And now you've got to convince me why don't get is actually the greater of the Shrek universe.
Speaker 1: I want to start off my debate with a confession.
Speaker 2: I'm not ready to hear what you're about to say.
Speaker 1: And I feel like I've what Shrek wants maybe and that would have been in high school in some kind of substitute teachers class. And I want to be honest. Cartoons are not for me. Animated situations not for me. I don't even really know Shrek's story. Yeah, like I know, Shrek a swamp guy Fiona, Like did he even not want to date her at one point? Which is like over on ogre crime, you know, like a people or good. So really struggled with this one. I googled Donkey. I was like, oh, Eddie, Murphy did play Donkey. It's I don't know if it's coming together. So now that that's out of the way, they're not even the same species, Babe.
Speaker 2: Nah, but they're besties.
Speaker 1: I don't argue with me, okay, So I vote that Donkey is the better pseudo sibling of Shrek for these reasons. There are forty million donkeys in the world, approximately, and how many do you know by name? Not one, which leads me to believe that Donkey is not only supreme generally, but as for some reason, managed to transcend the expectations and the social clout of all donkeys, making this Donkey the best creature period. Secondly, I think that someone who's made a career out of being an understudy, a right hand man, like a second in command, it's a tricky place to be, and I think Donkey's done a better job at holding down the fort. I think that Shrek was bestowed the opportunity to be a front man, and I think without the movie titled Shrek, he wouldn't have made it very far.
Speaker 2: So in this scenario, let's now put ourselves into the playpen. Who's Shrek and Who's Donkey?
Speaker 1: I feel like Shrek and Donkey are archetypes, and we are all Shrek and Donkey.
Speaker 2: Very very considerate answer.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that good? I'm giving politician?
Speaker 2: Well, I think for this round, I want you one.
Speaker 1: Yep, you think, yeah you did? Do you think it's because I did this reverse psychology thing where I set you up as if I wasn't going to go hard, as if I wasn't gonna annihilate you in the ring. So if I wasn't gonna lay down the cavel, it's nice to win. It's also nice to remember that life is but a few conversations of nonsense. If you needed permission to take everything approximately forty six percent less. Seriously, let us lead by example. You're listening to Flex and frooms on. If you ever wondered if there was a dating app where you could swipe left or right and find the love of your life based on shared dislikes, It exists, kind of ish. The app is called Hater ha te hater, kind of like cater with h there's word association. I was looking at Shark Tank because I do like to see what call inventions get made and what you know entrepreneurs are making and doing anyway, So like years and years and years ago, this guy goes on Shark Tank. He has this great idea for a dating app that you swipe based on shared dislikes. So it has a catalog of four thousand different things, from countries to foods, from like garana to hot dogs, from pigs to pugs, and basically you swipe left or right to like, like, or dislike, and then the algorithm will start showing you people who have the same shared dislikes as you. Then from there you have the option to reach out after someone and say, like, hey, like I like or dislike that thing well, and then you're meant to fall in love. And the theory behind it is that it is like scientifically proven that people are able to bond quicker and at a more timely pace with shared dislikes than shared likes. If we both say, oh, my goodness, we hate.
Speaker 2: We hate fill it a fish from McDonald's.
Speaker 1: No, I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: Oh we hate chicken nuggets with no sauce.
Speaker 1: I don't mind that.
Speaker 2: We hate when the ice cream machine is broken.
Speaker 1: No, you know what I hate when when I'm at a restaurant with someone and their meal is wrong and they complain about it. To the table, but they won't tell the person, the waitress, the waiter that it's wrong. I hate shut up, fix it or keep your mouth shut. Yep, you have two options two. I hate that. I don't know how you put that on an app, but that's what I hate. Do you have any more hates or can I move on? That's I think you should give us one.
Speaker 2: I hate it when people clump their feet. Some people just go clump, clump, clump.
Speaker 1: I'm a foot dragger.
Speaker 2: No, don't tell me this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: In those new and true babiesrself. You got little plastic shoes on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a little slide I'm dragging picking up my knees though, no, no time. Alas, this app was a thing. It went on Shark Tank, Mark Cuban like state ten percent at two hundred thousand. I don't know what happened, but then it just ceased to exist. It got two hundred thousand downloads and then done, gone forever, which led me to believe. Obviously, people can talk shoot all day about dating apps. I don't think they have the best reception, and this one feels like it wouldn't be any better. But where did it go? It could have revolutionized dating for everyone. It could have really like revised the way we like view connections, because realistically, I don't think that I'll find the love of my life saying like, oh my god, I hate when insert dumb thing here, it's not reasonable. But I also don't think I'll find the love of my life by swiping through a bunch of people and picking one that has a good jaw.
Speaker 2: I tend to actually exactly agree with you. I think the hater thing gives you fodder. Like you say, it's easier to bond with people when you hate the same things. And then when you're on the date, let's say you meet up with someone from a regular dating app like Cinder or dumble Nice or Slayer, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Raya, Raya, Raya.
Speaker 2: You can say you both like Hawaii, but like often, when you really like something, you haven't actually mentally figured it out, whereas when you hate something, I think you're much more likely to try and cerebrally figure out why you reckon.
Speaker 1: I do so if I ask you, why do you like Shrek? You haven't thought about it, Just like that whoa worms for brains? Nothing's up there, You ask me why I like Twilight. I can write an essay and I won't get into it now because this is not the place for it. That makes a lot of sense. I disagree, but I like where you're going with that one. I do, and I will follow you on any journey want to take me on. While we were searching for the app Hater in the app store, we came across a different app, also called hater. Very confusing, very confusing, but alas. It's called the hater Alert app, and it's your way to fight back against bullying of celebrities, businesses, and leaders who have been attacked for expressing their beliefs. Is this a how do you say? Anti cancel culture app?
Speaker 2: Must be?
Speaker 1: I think it is? Alas, get instant alerts when haters all caps target people and companies you support with boycotts and threats, and participate in a buycott campaign, buy cut, let's play on words to counter them, or simply use the app to conveniently share your support on social media. With hater Alert, you can be a leader in your community by always being the first to know and the first to react. It's a little bit genius. So how does it work?
Speaker 2: How does it come for you.
Speaker 1: So imagine somebody is a huge fan of you, so in the app, they'll tag, do a little google it on frooms, and when negative press comes up about you, whether it's on social media or a website, they'll get pinged and alert and they'll run to the comment section of that site and show support for you to counteract your canceling. Generally, what happens a brand gets canceled people start buying their stuff into their suggesting a buycot where when they start getting canceled, if you support the brand, keep buying up stock, you know, keep writing your comment, and you can counteract the cancelation.
Speaker 2: How often do you think people who cancel brands actually stop using them? For example, very rarely. Yeah, before that did something about one of the.
Speaker 1: Beauty brands, Drunk Elephant got canceled, and I'm like, okay, babe, that's two one hundred and fifty dollars serum, So you're gonna embur or. And then similarly, I think when Nike showed support for Colin Kaepernick when he kneeled during the game. I'm not sure which game NFL, perhaps a football like an American football, A bunch of I guess I don't know what you'd want to call them who didn't stand for what Kapernick was standing for. Cut up the nikes and like, where boy cutting my we're cutting up the nikes, cutting, cutting, And he's like, well, now you're cutting into your own pockets. Anyway, this is a genius app. I don't necessarily know if it has merit, but in terms of functionality, I know I for sure don't have brand loyalty enough to jump at any brand's defense. Really, yeah, what can I say? Do you want me to be on the front lines? Being like, I will stand on the front line on my own on behalf of thousands of people. No, but on the internet for way too long. I'm taking a what do you call it? Bleachers? Put me on the bench. I am not on the starting eight. I do not want to be on the front lines. No, thank you, what about you for me? No?
Speaker 2: I haven't spent that much time on the internet, but the time that I have spent, I keep out of it.
Speaker 1: It's lawless, lawless, But anyway, go download the hater app.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is that what it's called? Hater alert? Hater Alert. It's such a good name. Down lad hater alert. Give it a quick whirlie, tell your friends to tell a friend, and let's counteract a bit of hate with love. Flex and FROs. Flex is about to tell me about a game that she plays, not just a game, but some really exciting news for everyone. So I downloaded this game called Ancestors. I don't want to butcher what it's about. Someone to read it. It's set in prehistoric Africa. You control a hominin, which I discovered as like an ape before it was an ape, but before it evolved into an ape. I don't know, man. Anyway, Basically, you're tasked to ensure the survival of these ape things and to facilitate their evolution. I'm like, okay, a survival game. I love this, and so I, you know, log in. I don't make a character because you're just like a random ape anyway. The first thing they tell me is that, like some other ape, baby has gone missing. I gotta use my survival instincts to find it. I'm like, okay, great, what do I do? They're like, exactly what do you do? I gotta like set up shelter for the other apes. Don't freak out. I've got to like use my sense of hearing to like sense for danger. I gotta like, try all these barriers if they're poison or not poison? Oh, no, they're poisonous. What do I do make medicine all while being an ape?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's actually so complex. And it taught me to things about myself. Number one, I'm so lucky that I wasn't in charge of evolution because I'm here being like wiki ancestors, gameplay how to because I had no idea. They said, build shelter. I'm like, there's no cement in the jungle, bab. It turns out shelter just a few leaves on the ground.
Speaker 2: How crazy is it to think that we exist because there was apes doing that?
Speaker 1: Well, we don't know that for a fact. Alien Then that led me to think how many of my senses am I actually using for survival? Because, to be honest, I just used my phone for survival. I remember I went to a market the other day and I was fully eating a burger and then my friend was like, is that mold? And I was like, oh, huh it is. I didn't even check. I just assumed the burger would be fine, and I ate it. I was reading a book about fear and how your gut in the tummy has like one hundred million nerve receptors, and so trusting your gut should be like more recipresent the bloody brain, babe. So trusting your gut should be what you should be doing, because your gut knows shit your brain doesn't. It's not safe out here for us because if I'm not trusting my sense of smell, the taste, the touch, and my instinct is to just wiki thing when I need guidance, I'm the first to go. My whole life. I've had this belief that if the apocalypse was to hear, I'd be safe.
Speaker 2: There is no way I'm seeing you lying down finding a comfortable spot. Yeah, get your little juice boxes and rotting.
Speaker 1: Know. The other day I was like, oh my goodness, I want to make mashed potato, but I don't have a potato masher. I was googling how to make mashed potato without a without a potato masher, just use a fork, babe. The fuck flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: You're with Flexing Frames, and right now we're going to play a game which I think is my favorite in the Flexing Frames universe. It is called love line.
Speaker 1: It's where is it a game or is it a really earnest attempt at being hopeless? People in love some advice.
Speaker 2: Let's go with the ladder. These people are desperate and they need our help. This is where love line where you send in your love dilemmas. We will try to solve them, and we will cap it all off with a song which we think will really drive home the message. This is today's love line. I'm a thirty year old female dating a thirty two year old male. My boyfriend has so many amazing qualities, but his teeth are really bad. I don't know if I can get past it. I have dated a ton of assholes who are very good looking but always ended up breaking my heart. When I met Dave, I don't just think she was meant to say his name. But when I met Dave, he was good to mee at the start, but he was really not my type at all. But we click on a personality level, and I will say the sex is amazing.
Speaker 1: His front teeth, We'll going two steps forwards, one step back. Everytime it wasn't not my type. Sex is amazing. We clicked.
Speaker 2: I don't know his frontier old bridges, and when he smiles, it gets so turned off.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Let me google?
Speaker 2: I think when they're like caps, bridges teeth. I know this sounds so vain, but teeth have always been pretty important to me. He claims he's going to get them fixed, but it's going to cost a fortune, and I don't think it's true. I don't know if I can get over it, but I want to because he's an incredible boyfriend who loves me. What do I do?
Speaker 1: I'm still trying to figure out what bridges are.
Speaker 2: Does anybody know what a bridge this is?
Speaker 1: I'm that pickies and it's like, I'm sure it's when you shave down a tooth and get a new tooth put on top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like veneers, but bridges.
Speaker 1: Then what's wrong if these? If they're good, maybe they're bad.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're really chunky, Okay, and then compared, maybe his other teeth are like not that nice.
Speaker 1: It seems the only thing that would be right to say in this instance is that they need to break up. Girls saying that. I think that's what she's saying.
Speaker 2: Do you think they should?
Speaker 1: Okay? Picture this. You're dating someone that you really like, are you very imagined. Okay, let's stop there the camera. You're dating someone you really like, Are you really gonna message flex and Rooms to ask if you should break up with them because you don't like their teeth? I feel like you want to break up with them, so just do it. You won't back yourself. Dump him?
Speaker 2: You know. I love how it always ends in dump him.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like this is what happens. I don't know what kind of state of mind I would be in to message us to give people advice on their very unique situations if the answer wasn't always to break up.
Speaker 2: Definitely, in a past life, I have not been able to get over certain features in a partner. For example, I have a high forehead, and I love my high aristocratic forehead. That's a high forehead, Like it's like more than a forehead. It's like a five head.
Speaker 1: Oh, a big forehead, big forehead. Okay, and I once dated, really I do.
Speaker 2: I will dart on this till if I push my hair backctually sizeable A quick look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's pretty average. In my moday, I think it's is that not what foreheads look like? It's like a bit more on the larger side. It's aristocratic.
Speaker 2: It's English.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's English. It's aristocratic.
Speaker 2: And I once dated a man who had also a large forehead, and I get in this thing where like, I think it's because I'm personally there cannot be two of us. No, I was going to say, I'm always whenever i'm dating someone, I'm thinking about the offspring. From the minute we hit it off, I'm like, are we going to have hot babies? After having a lot of therapy, I realized it's because I feel self conscious little bit about the way that I look.
Speaker 1: WHOA.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, I can't be with someone who looks too similar to me because we'll have ugly babies. And I have ended relationships because of that. Thank you for admitting that it was hard, but it's true, and that's why I'm single. You've been listening to the Flexs and Frooms Daily podcast for more tune needs a dab or stream it on iHeartRadio.