Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, Welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime Delivered, Sealed delivered.
Speaker 3: The townsfolk loved it for me.
Speaker 1: Once fake bum Dot Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Show one thousand, two hundred.
Speaker 3: And thirty eight. Good morning, Patsy morning, Good morning morning, guys to pop.
Speaker 5: Patsy's got where you had Last week mouth aulster was breaking out within the team.
Speaker 2: Massive on the right side of my cheek. Can you tell?
Speaker 6: It's like, yeah, you did the news and did fine, right of course, and then suddenly this is I hate to say, but typical lady behavior.
Speaker 7: No no, no, it is when you.
Speaker 5: Say something and go, oh, you've noticed, and then they over index on it.
Speaker 7: My elephant man, the news faultless.
Speaker 2: It shows the professional that I am, but didn't want to be that.
Speaker 5: These as well say this is more important than the news.
Speaker 2: Take my newshad off.
Speaker 8: It's sitting writing between where my teeth sort of join, so I keep biting on its massive, I reckon.
Speaker 2: If I put my cheek back, you would see the lump.
Speaker 5: It's one of those angry craters.
Speaker 2: It's massive. It's like a volcano.
Speaker 3: The worst you the next three days are going to be the worst I had.
Speaker 5: But surely you with your access to various sort of potions and old women's tales.
Speaker 2: Again, old women's tales. No, you know what I did last night?
Speaker 8: I might have got a leader bottle of rum at Costco the other week here to drink it the pain away. So it did definish Cardi pirate pats usually, No, I'm not usually reserved for judy free and alcoholics.
Speaker 2: No, not alcoholics. You need to lead it because it's cheap, and I like it.
Speaker 5: But as many things in cheap, you don't need to.
Speaker 3: Buy them, Yes I do.
Speaker 2: I was out of Bacardi.
Speaker 5: What do you like? What do you get Bundy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no, no Biccardi, Bacardi rum. It's white rum. See so what do you mix that with a little bit of no sugar coke?
Speaker 3: And that's good for the ulcer is.
Speaker 8: It's great for the ulcer at you know, it's good for pats. And then this morning I brushed my teeth into the mouth and then rum again.
Speaker 5: No, I thought that I thought there were vapors coming off here.
Speaker 8: Today I did do the mouthwash after I did my teeth today and it did, didn't it, but only for like five minutes, not nearly as good.
Speaker 5: As the right Last week, you know, people were sort of giving Jack advice like the better Dean and stuff like that. You didn't use any of that nother mentioned rum.
Speaker 2: I haven't got any better dean, so I had to sort of, you know, no.
Speaker 3: But while you're out of the shop, so you can fit only one item in the shopping trolley.
Speaker 7: I would avoid all pharmacies.
Speaker 5: I just go straight to Costco, to Elita and those leads to ones is it? Well? Those were the rum The spirit is in like a plastic sort of bottle.
Speaker 8: No, it's glass, class glass, and the love God stupidly put it in the fridge when we got home and said, no, that doesn't go in the fridge.
Speaker 2: And guys in the.
Speaker 7: Precious fluids.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no point putting it away. Now that'll be gone by Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Christis Mummy's a LIXA needs to be an arms link.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Morning to Sarah Christian Town Pass. To get some canalogue gel from the chemists, we have to ask the pharmacists for.
Speaker 3: It, as them for it.
Speaker 5: It almost instantly takes the pain away clears and ulcer better than anything else. I'll try. It does some Sarah Christian. I use sepper Paine mouth wash. It numbs the whole mouth and its antibitial Listen, guys, don't worry. Perhaps he's got leads of rum.
Speaker 8: So but if it dumbs the mouth, you know, I better numbs life.
Speaker 3: I always thought the stuff they kept behind the pharmacists canter was so that people couldn't go and make like drugs in a drug den with it, you know, like suit of fed or something like that. I had to get a prescription shampoo from behind the pharmacist because of my dandrus. Really, yes, do you know how embarrassed you have to ask.
Speaker 5: For the stuff? Just give it to us.
Speaker 3: Walk into a chemist warehouse and try and like under your breath, go like I need this special shampoo.
Speaker 7: You look around you, there's no care behind you or anything. Wait for a quiet moment.
Speaker 3: Oh, so that's for like a fungal disease.
Speaker 5: Pharmacists, sit down over there, We got fungal heads out of chair waiting. How is your weekend? Looking after you? Song? Because your wife's away hiking in the Grampians.
Speaker 3: It feels like honestly a year since I've seen you both. We had a great weekend together, but it feels like such a long.
Speaker 5: Time early in the morning then every especially because he's two and a half, you could be watching them the whole time.
Speaker 3: And because Saturday was so hot, we just stayed indoors.
Speaker 5: That's lovely for it that sunshine. Now they get away from the shot.
Speaker 3: It's too hot, he did like, so we did swimming lessons in the morning. Then we went to get our sausage from the sausages all closed, probably because it's too hot and they don't want to stand out in a car park.
Speaker 2: Well it might have been a total fireband, was it? And they couldn't crank it up.
Speaker 3: My local one would crank in the mountain total firebands. Like you can't have a car to have a barbecue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, sometimes you can't.
Speaker 7: But also he's near the CBD. There want to be a fireban where Jack lives.
Speaker 3: I'm sure at all times you're allowed to have a gas barbecue running.
Speaker 2: No, not if it's really hot the anyway.
Speaker 3: Well, I've never heard that, but they weren't doing it.
Speaker 5: I went by very young kids as well, so probably what a hangover and they just didn't crank it.
Speaker 3: Out, so that that was deflating because all we do on the way to swimming lessons is talk about the sausage we're going to get on the way.
Speaker 5: Oh no, you drive around to another one because a lot of the butchers do it well.
Speaker 3: No, you know what we did brought in sausage and I tried to make him at home.
Speaker 5: Never seen the same.
Speaker 3: And then we had Old Bianca's exiled white bread, so we had it on the whole bread.
Speaker 5: The same not the same. And so what was the highlight? What else did you do? Because you've got to have activity.
Speaker 3: We did go to Science Works as recommended by people on Friday?
Speaker 5: How was it?
Speaker 3: You know what? It has not really changed in thirty years since I was there as a kid.
Speaker 5: Is that a good thing?
Speaker 3: Did they get the exhibition? So right?
Speaker 5: Nowadays?
Speaker 3: Ago didn't need to change. You can still race Kathy Freeman, which anytime you talk about Science Works, everyone's like, oh did you raise Kathy Freeman? It's like the most memorable exhibition they've got there. And then where he spent most time is on the playground, which is not a science exhibition.
Speaker 5: That's just response what isn't the sole playground in Melbourne for kids.
Speaker 3: So you spent an hour there and it's like, okay, good, good that you got some fun out of it. But we could have gone to any playground. We didn't have to drive time when that.
Speaker 5: My daughters were younger. Just at that playground. They were for ages, aren't they.
Speaker 3: They're doing the same thing, the same thing.
Speaker 5: They go watch this, watch like this, and then you want one quick little side glance at the phone. I gotta do something with.
Speaker 3: So this is a great playground. Actually they have wheelbarrows with blocks in them so they can run up and down the playgrounds and move the box around. And kids were knocking blocks everywhere. And Gordy was walking around picking up the blox and putting him back in the I was like, why don't you do this at home? This is the opposite to what you do at I didn't know you actually knew the concept of picking stuff up and putting it back away again.
Speaker 5: And so did you cook for him or was it uber eats or eating out?
Speaker 3: I did cook for him. And do you guys know how to make kriscuse?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The packet stuff, I don't make it for him.
Speaker 5: Also, the thing about Chris, because you've got remembers. It's foul repellant.
Speaker 3: We'd run out of rice. This is like bankers exiling of the white bread. White rice has gone as well. Now we have couscous instead. All right, I ruined two pans over two nights pants like a saucepan.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, what you're frying it?
Speaker 3: No, I'm trying to like boil it head his hands.
Speaker 7: It says on the box.
Speaker 5: What to do?
Speaker 9: You just put it in like a big metal bowl and you put water in it, boiling hot water, and then you just cover it.
Speaker 3: That's all you do.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I boiled the water first and I put the coscers in.
Speaker 9: But you be flame going underneath. I think that's where no flame.
Speaker 5: I think just I think you need more.
Speaker 9: You just put boiling water in a metal bowl. Put it on top, because there's only.
Speaker 3: Tiny little grundy.
Speaker 9: What do you mean a metal bowl, just like like a mixing mixing bowl.
Speaker 3: Right, Wait, you don't do it on.
Speaker 8: The stove, now, no, No, boil the kettle and just put it over the top, date your rear and then just leave.
Speaker 3: It on the back of the pack. It says, put it in a pot and then bring it to a shimmer. Yeah, to me, is on a flame.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think Jack's right. Maybe just it was too high the heat and that's why he.
Speaker 3: Got all stuck to the bottle. So then on day two I tried it again with less heating.
Speaker 5: Is coming. I think you can do it overflow.
Speaker 3: We clearly cannot. Well, it definitely doesn't say on the back take it off, put in one horseman, but don't light a fire underneath.
Speaker 5: Not a fire. He's using mild gas, which is a fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, say, did not have this overheat?
Speaker 9: I think maybe it's just assumed you just put it.
Speaker 5: It looks like rice.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you cook?
Speaker 7: Get the instructions based around assumptions.
Speaker 9: Well, I've never burnt a bawl and had to throw it out because I've had.
Speaker 3: Too much fire underneath it.
Speaker 9: Or you have to do just put in a bowl, put on simp, leave it, you.
Speaker 5: Have to do anything.
Speaker 3: I would have loved that. That's easier than what I was doing. And now I've ruined two pants. So what is it just simply just absorbs the hot water.
Speaker 9: Yes, it just You can actually even do courscoss in cold water if you're patient enough oh yummy, just.
Speaker 1: What cold waters the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Jack, you are doing it the right way, thank you. I'm made hysterical younger producers getting all worked up about flipping curscus.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna, I have said a reminder when I get home to take a photo of the back of the couscous packet, because I'm sure has said overheat for ten minutes.
Speaker 5: So what you do is you have the pearl stuff, which is the biggest stuff, not the little granular yellow stuff. Yeah, that stuff you do need to do in the pan. I just hard to look on. Oh do you there, mombay? Oh yeah, sorry, yeah, Now you've been corrected. Because your favorite website recipe each different.
Speaker 3: It's not a completely different thing different, it's bigger.
Speaker 9: It's I would say, at least twenty times bigger than they re.
Speaker 10: None couscous granule compared to a pillcles coourse granule easily twenty times.
Speaker 3: The pills aren't that big. I don't know how big you think the pills are and get far bad.
Speaker 5: So you've wrecked the pan though. Yes, that thing where it's just like it's welded to the bottom.
Speaker 3: The cuscus itself actually tasted fine. We were able to eat it, but the bottom layer has stuck to the pan. And now I've got two pans currently soaking for banker's arrival when she.
Speaker 5: Gets you know what someone told me what to do. When you do that, do you it's gets some like a dishwasher tablet, right, and you warm it up gently for about ten or fifteen minutes and it cleans it for you. Okay, sparkling the pan is sparkling. After that, it just floats off.
Speaker 3: How does it come off the bottom like it's all stuck on that?
Speaker 5: No idea. That's the appliance of science that we don't need to worry about. But it does. What I know is it does the cleaning for you. Otherwise you might as well buy new pants. You've wrecked them.
Speaker 3: Did that super stuff ever come that you bought? Grease police it?
Speaker 5: I actually think someone stolen and this looks so good, this looks so good good. I'm just going to have his That's how good it is. Now I've contacted them. I need it. Late's a party your home of your emails to the show, Christian, I listened religiously every morning many years ago. I worked we were talking last week about what did you sit on? Many years ago, Christian I worked for a local hardware store as a delivery driver midsummer. This is from Craig Midsummer thick shorts, light clothing, Craig, it's very exciting and arousing for this summer morning. The thought of you in thick shorts and light clothing. I had to fuel up the truck is that the euphemism. I had to fuel up the truck I was driving and did so. When I finished, I climbed into my track. Don't forget easys and that he's got the truck. They're really they're riding rider right up by the old sack. He had to climb in his truck and he sat on the seat whack. He's put his going to block caps in. I got slash bitten on the gooch. Now he's putting in brackets. Money to google what that is? We all. I think that's universal. You could go anywhere in the world the holes of Afghanistans being bitten on my goose, they would know it was the worst wasp imaginable. A European one. Those are double hard basterds, the European ones. I've never felt pain like that still still makes the heckls on my next stand up to this day, three years ago, extra netting grape, always protect the gooch. Christian, just to let pats know you were talking the other week about the chicken when you buying the little bag and how you found it. It's called the bachelor's handbag years Just let Patsy know the corn beef in a bachelor's handbag is now also available at Wooly Get corn Beef.
Speaker 8: Patsy, Yes, he'd be dry and crusty by that point though, you know, like sitting under the by.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's never not like that. And then someone wants to note, did Gordon have knits me over the weekend? What a cliffhanger When we last left you, Young Gordon may have nits.
Speaker 3: The daycare had an outbreak of DIDs. He does not have it, but he is back there today.
Speaker 5: If you want to email, The show is Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's Show. I've just found out, Patsy that this criscus Jack managed to nuke. He was actually warming up a very nice chili Kong Khan that his wife had pre made before going on like a multi day hike.
Speaker 7: Yes, so the only bit you had to do was really was.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I put a couscus with the chili cong can tell you.
Speaker 5: No, we do it choice as well. Yesterday right my wife is is a way for right. So I'm actually home alone as well.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 7: She's made no food. She's made no foods.
Speaker 5: If you've got any leftovers, please I gladly have them. So I was chatting to my wife yesterday, and then my other daughter was trying to call me. I don't know, I get really intimidated when suddenly you get that, you know that end and accept, you get the three choices decline and hold. I literally just lose my mind, like what I don't even know. I don't want to press any of these. Who the head is? How are you holding one? Pausing? Somebody? Does anyone know what you meant to do? Because there are three options actually a screenshot and there's end and accept declines in the middle the red one, right is that decline everybody speaking to.
Speaker 3: Anyone call coming in and then except kills the call your.
Speaker 5: I always do that? Do you do hold and accept.
Speaker 2: No, I always miss it up. I always hang up on the person that.
Speaker 5: That's what I do. They go, what happened that somebody else was calling?
Speaker 3: And all that says is someone more important than you wants my attention?
Speaker 5: Because there are three options, there's end and accept, So you're ending the current call. Bye bye, Derek. Okay, I wasn't talking to dere but I'm just as I'm certain saying. Then there's the middle one decline.
Speaker 3: Yep, that declines whatever call is coming in keeps you on the phone to Derek.
Speaker 5: Derek, this person is not more important Derek right there. I know we can hear somebody else calling it, but they are not Derek. And then hold and accept. I put Derek on hold and I chat to Ray. Yes, yes, And I guess now whatever I go, Ray, Ray, this is bullshit. I don't need to get this right now? How do I get Derek back?
Speaker 3: I guess I've never put someone on hold? But I guess you get a new set of options then probably is even more complex than the ones you're already.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't team. Can you call me today?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 5: And in two of you to call me today? I need to rehearse what it's the hold and accept I want to master by the end of the year.
Speaker 3: I wonder what your personal hole music is as well, because when you're all different, well, when you're on hold to different companies, they all have their own on hold music. What's christians on hold music?
Speaker 5: Or is it just silence? No? No, Sit there in silence and think about your conversation with me. All right, we're gonna do the good Morning minute coming up next. This is where we say good morning to as many of you as possible in one minute. Just text us your name, where you are right now and what are you up to to four seven five three one o four three your name, where you are and what are you and what are you doing right now? Christian Connall Show Podcast, Christian O'Connell's show, Good.
Speaker 1: Mining, Good good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: All right, the Good Morning Minutes, Good Morning Team too. Dave, Good morning, Dave, Morning day.
Speaker 5: But he's stuck on the Monish car park right now. Steve the trucky, Good morning, Good morning, Steve. It's fueling up in Laverton North. Good Morning Team is Peter in carum Down. Pinker's currently sorting thousands of bolts in the storeroom. Lucky Christian Dana from Clyde North. If you place the first call on hold and accept the second call, you get options to merge the first and second call into a three way conversation. That way you can talk to Ray. And it sounds too confusing to me. There's no way I'll better do that. Good morning to Sean, trying to work hold music Christian on phones is just a continuous beep two seconds apart.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's not very exciting.
Speaker 5: But if it can be continuous, if it's two seconds apart, do you mean intermittent, dude, go back to me. Good morning, my favorite peep. Sarah in Bundora getting ready for work, moning Sarah monitor Jojo Ferntree Gully, having a cup of tea, watching the dog, Sorry the fog over dandel And Rangers, or say our bigs of dog gaping over dandon Old Rangers.
Speaker 3: It is pretty nasty outside, filthy old.
Speaker 5: Morning, isn't it typical Melbourne? It's just like baking hot Saturday, muggy and then now there's a strange sort of misty rain as well.
Speaker 7: Morning to Locky in Riley.
Speaker 5: They're getting ready for us seven thirty am. This morning or christra rehearsal.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Lucky and Riley. What do you play?
Speaker 5: I bet you there would wind. Good morning to Joy, what a great name, just left the gym, or already got your workout and it's not even seven on Monday. That's very good, and then off to work at bomb Beach Primary School where Joe is a teacher. Morning and Joy. Good morning to Jack having his morning coffee with his mum.
Speaker 3: Cockatoo at that is a suburb, Yes, poor lad.
Speaker 5: Obviously a tough week, and now I think so that the cockatoo is his mom.
Speaker 3: Morning Joe.
Speaker 5: We're not to judge. Good morning to Stacey. Just got on the car to headed to Long where she's off to work.
Speaker 7: Good morning, stay all.
Speaker 5: Right, so we've got Patsy's new on the way. Rio and Jack lead the studio. Now, okay, I'm going to put my phone on speaker phone. Can you both try and call me after seven o'clock? And I want to see if I can master the hold and accept.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connall Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show. Every Monday, we ask you, what do you get up to this weekend? Tell us the story of your Weekend in six words, text meh four some five three one oh four three Good morning to Sean Simpson his six word weekend tree went up. Kids had fight. I'm guess it's the same thing even mine. Even though they're now eighteen and twenty, it's still the tradition when we're putting the tree up, they both have to have a hand each on the star at the top. I've got photos going back years of there's always some fight between them where one of them has got a hand slightly raised and the other one. So I'm getting Sean, that's what it was about the star on the top. Weekend. Backyard enjoyed it too much? Oh sorry, we did. Backyard enjoyed it too much? From Natalie Patsy, what's your six word? Weekend?
Speaker 8: Can always pick the exec producer. So Friday night Salsa whereby to Manuel and Andrea who've.
Speaker 2: Been there for nearly thirty years.
Speaker 8: Andrea does all the cooking and it is magnificent. And we finally got Caitlin and Zam there because of course they moved out, what would it be twelve months ago now and still haven't been So we went there Friday night for dinner.
Speaker 2: But Caitlin burst through the doors.
Speaker 8: And every executive producer I've work with, they're all the same, and it's not necessarily a criticism, but they just take charge, don't they.
Speaker 3: If it's not Domessican restaurant.
Speaker 7: I mean, but someone has took no.
Speaker 8: But it's we all sat down, okay, drinks. Caitlyn's like, okay, let's.
Speaker 5: When there's a group of you, right, somebody has to take control. No onely is my wife, right, but someone has to otherwise everyone's just this sort of nomad.
Speaker 3: The worst thing that can happen when you go out to a restaurant is nobody picks up the mill and you'll just and then nobody. Then somebody comes to take your own ones looked at the menu.
Speaker 5: No one wants to step forward. They don't appear to be too bossy or anything. But you need someone to do that, and everyone's better for it. Yeah. I like, let's let me too, and we're going to do some nimbles or starts first, and we give a bit longer with the menu, hold.
Speaker 2: The conversation, let's just order, get it out of the way.
Speaker 5: But it sounds like you got annoyed because it wasn't not at all the ship skills, yet abbage to come on the radio mark about it.
Speaker 8: It was actually very refreshing because I'm normally the one in the family that has to like keep.
Speaker 2: Order when we go out for dinner. So I was more than happy to let go.
Speaker 5: Of someone out there feathers ruffled come into my house. Andrew has been doing this for thirty years with Miguel.
Speaker 2: Not at all, not at all.
Speaker 8: And she was double parking. So we were doing, well, we're two drinks at a time like it was just and then we.
Speaker 5: Had a product hand up here to reply because she came in before the show today and said, oh, I went out from Mexican with pats and her husband Chris at the weekend. They were smashing the drinks.
Speaker 11: I was not double parked.
Speaker 5: Ever, might have been Patsy's drinks. Actually, perhaps you just so hammered with that rum.
Speaker 3: Perhaps you've got so many drinks that you have to hold some first for it.
Speaker 11: She was seeing double the first order of drinks.
Speaker 12: We got a.
Speaker 5: Rounded marks and so is it too much effort to do it? You actually use proper words on the radio, Margaritas.
Speaker 7: Was this someone the who called cooled marks?
Speaker 11: So we got a round of margaritas, and Chris got a beer on the side, so we had a doubler. By the time Zem and I were maybe halfway through our margaritas and the other two.
Speaker 5: Had already drinks. Did you even wait for you or ask if you like some?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: Done? And so had ordered. Now the marks they straightly was the kind of couple of the ones we've had a couple of start getting really affectionate, like public displays affection, like making out in front of you. No, the trouble was the faces, like you got the teenagers.
Speaker 3: Is the margarites like by twelve get one free or no they're not?
Speaker 8: Jack, No, but I've got the Tropical and I should have got their lemon, because Caitlyn, you had like a Chilian salt around your rim? Correct, which is what? Which is what I wanted? And I just had the Tropical, So then I had to swap. So I thought I may as well order again. And it was a hot day, like it barely touched the sides.
Speaker 2: It was a hot day.
Speaker 5: Can I say, I think we're getting the vibe here that were Were you all drunk?
Speaker 3: No, okay, let's ask this, did anyone travel No?
Speaker 7: Jack what a strange question.
Speaker 2: You know what did happen?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 8: We copped our first like ten dollars uber cancelation fee because he reckoned.
Speaker 5: Did he cancel you?
Speaker 3: It's not worth it another round the marks.
Speaker 5: I walked from here to a traveler.
Speaker 8: Please, I reckon, they're out the front. I couldn't see the red Joe, so we copped. You know how you can like appeal it and normally get off.
Speaker 2: I didn't get off.
Speaker 5: I think that guy obviously saw the stake.
Speaker 2: Dodged a bullet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show, Patty being Honest with Me. Right, So you're out to lunch with dinner on Friday night with producer Katin to get loud oh control?
Speaker 8: Honestly, I don't know who was louder, Caitlin or Chris who speaks at the volume of a million people. My ears were ringing and I got in the exact Seriously.
Speaker 5: We must record it, right, So I actually get nervous leaving the safety of this studio because I have to walk past Caitlyn out there. I don't know how anyone does any work when she's chatting to call us.
Speaker 3: It's meant to be sandproofing here, but she could easily have a conversation with you with the weekend in here sometimes and imagine adding alcohol to that.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, I just feel sorry for the other people that were also dying their Friday night. There's come up from a mantic dinner and it would sound like two planes taking up at the same time with a load of margery. All right, so Everyboday morning we ask you a story of your weekend. I really hope that something else happened to Who even put your name on this, but I really hope there was more going on this weekend. I mean, I love a potato salad, but to actually text a radio show ask I'm asking for the story of your weekend. There has to be more to an entire weekend. Had some really delicious potato salad.
Speaker 3: It must have been that game.
Speaker 5: It must have been really like wow, ow of everything that also happened of the weekend. Maybe you saw Wicked or Gladiated too, but that delicious potato Sally is I have to tell the guy on the radio. Other people need to know what happened to me this weekend. There need to be a witness to this. My six word weekend is act of kindness turned down. This sadly is I think this is a testament to we live in times now. We can't trust anyone. Friday after the show, Right, it's a beautiful sunny day. Right, it was really warm already. By about eleven o'clock, it was like twenty eight degrees. I thought, I'm going to go out for a walk for a couple of hours right home alone nothing, I'm going to go out for a walk. So I found like a really nice coastal pathwalk. So I parked at sand and I walked down towards Mento and so it was good, about a two hour walk. And as the one walk was coming to an end, I was going to turn around, I saw there was a really nice fish and chip shop. So I sit here how some fish and chips, and then I walked back. As I'm sat there, right, and it was a beautiful I'm looking out over the over the bay. It was stunning. There's an old guy who's unloading like a delivery. And when I mean old, I mean like he must be knocking on seventy by now it's like thirty degrees. Right, he's unloading his van by himself, and he's taking it. He's walking like with like trays of like drinks and potatoes by himself. Right, he's sweating from the effort. He's walking behind me into a store room. I think, do you know I can't see it. I'm going to go and help him? Right on you. So I thought if I offer to help, he will say no. I thought I'd just go the back of his truck pick up.
Speaker 3: Why do you think you would say no?
Speaker 5: Because I thought, you know, people like you look like one of those bub people that go oh no, no, no. You were sitting enjoy yourself young. Why why do you think that's so bad?
Speaker 4: You're stealing?
Speaker 5: He actually he didn't crack it, but he was really He actually took what hand in my hands. I said, I give you a hand. I'm just sat there. He goes, He goes, what you're doing? I went, no, I'll come and help you. In wait?
Speaker 3: Did you pick something out of the back of his hand before you said?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you want to?
Speaker 5: I just I just started to start working with him. Fine, why you want to do an active kindness? Now? Had a big old bag. It was like a twenty five kid, a bag of spugs, and he went, what you doing like this? I went on, I'll give you a hand. Then he starts to such grab it off. We went no, no, I really don't mind, and then we almost got into a slight tussle about this big bag of spugs.
Speaker 7: Sometimes active kindness.
Speaker 1: To the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show, goodring to Lisa, listen to us right now recovering from a motorbile account and she got poor things, got two brokenmands and can leg trying to text us about six word weekend. Don't don't worry about it. Just don't worry about it. Sad times that the team during that song have burst in the studio and are laughing at me because of my Well, the Bible couldn't exist these days because someone like me, a modern Jesus wouldn't have been gone around healing and doing things random act of kindness.
Speaker 3: No, but I think what Jesus was doing was telling people what he was about to do before he didn't.
Speaker 5: He didn't he didn't go to the lepers and go, hey, lepers, watch me, watch this, watch this. He just started doing stuff. He didn't say I'm about to do Jesus stuff.
Speaker 3: You went up to a delivery fair.
Speaker 5: Oh God, into the back thirty degrees Jack. He's doing a lot of this is he's walking unloads van when I'm sating the having some chip hot chips. He's doing this, Yeah, trips. I thought that he could have a heart attack.
Speaker 7: I agree, and I'm going to be a news and go.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, an English DJ just sat there enjoying his hot chips. None on my watch, old timer. I've got you back. And I thought a gentleman like that, like me. If I went and said, hey, do you want help, he feel embarrassed, he feel ashamed and turned me down, even though he needs it. So I thought, I just just do it, don't ask.
Speaker 3: Even just saying let me give you a hand with it, and then started.
Speaker 7: Just help the old guy.
Speaker 5: But then we got into a confusing situation and he didn't. He actually slightly slightly annoyed that I was just at the back of his van unloading some potatoes.
Speaker 3: Your potato thing, the hard chips dound enough. How you have to steal more potatoes.
Speaker 5: It's a sad state of affairs. I was only trying to help, Katie. You've got a story about somebody only trying to help.
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 11: So when I was younger, my cousins were visiting and we were in there holding commodore heading up the coast when the battery died in the car. So we're on the side of the highway and this old bloke pulled up with his car.
Speaker 5: That's probably the old guy that was unloading that fan mento.
Speaker 13: You have a lot of potatoes, and he was like, hey, guys, how are you going.
Speaker 3: I'll help you out.
Speaker 11: I'll, you know, tie your car up to my car and I'll take you up to the service station. Because then on the side of the highway you can't get picked up because it's too unsafe. No jump leads, No, it's too unsafe to pull over and do that.
Speaker 2: So they usually take you off the highway. Yeah, anyway, so.
Speaker 3: What do you mean tell.
Speaker 11: Tow trucks they can't pick you up on.
Speaker 7: The You'll get a bit of rope from like here's bumper to yours.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, so he's toe ball to the front of ours, right anyway, So he takes off and because we're on the highway, he starts going up to eighty k's somebody.
Speaker 5: But then you start to flip out.
Speaker 11: Well, my uncle was like, we got no battery, I don't have brakes. My brakes don't work, so we.
Speaker 5: Were would have been terrifying. You know, this madman could be driving you to somewhere to chop you up.
Speaker 3: You are at his will of mercy.
Speaker 11: It's me and my man and my uncle and my cousin.
Speaker 13: And he's like everyone ready for impact, like he was rapes no breaks, and so he's like, all right, So he's starting to like, as we're coming into the service station, the guy frants obviously breaking.
Speaker 5: But we're not.
Speaker 13: So my um was having to use a handbreak and to the back of his car.
Speaker 11: We do thousands of dollars worth of damage on the back of mound in front of his Luckily, everyone was saying, but he did.
Speaker 12: Not help out all.
Speaker 5: You're not giving good examples a good.
Speaker 3: His intentions were good.
Speaker 13: And Mark was yelling out the window towing somebody on the back of his car.
Speaker 11: He had over the tie wheel a sticker that said no worries.
Speaker 5: He was living is true. It's like a mantra in my mind. He's just repeating it. He can hear your screams.
Speaker 1: No Christian Connall show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show particiicating story about the car towing from hell or someone making it worse than just a flat battery. So you've never seen like two cars, one toe and the other just a piece of big thick rope going from like the rear bumper of the lead car to the car that's broken out.
Speaker 3: I assumed only tow trucks, no.
Speaker 7: Years ago, someone ever just a big old bit.
Speaker 3: Of rope And what do you put it on the other end? What you tied around the bumper?
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's there is actually a little loop up under the front bumper bump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what on old cars there used to be.
Speaker 3: And you used to use regular rope. You don't have to have towing rope.
Speaker 5: No, and you normally traditionally because this is why obviously would have been terrifying for Kitlin that in the back you're meant to got a very slow speed.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 5: Because obviously otherwise suddenly, like the car that's towing the one the front is suddenly breaks and you've got to keep your eye on it. If you're going too quick, you will like they did, go into the back, into the back. Yeah, but I'm sure biople of stories about telling you that you're like, you don't see it so much these days because you just call the IRAC. Yeah, let a pro come around and do and they've got that proper metal bar they attach, not just some old fraid bit of rope. So we're looking for your stories. You made it worse on nine four one one four three. I remember my daughter was about five. It was a Saturday morning and my wife was having a line and she was moaning that her hair was getting in her eyes. So I thought, oh, I just give it little trim. And you know when you go to the ad they they don't just cut straight, do they. They do like an angle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: So I thought, well, the pros they take a section of hand and do it an angle. But of course there's being the fringe. What happened was I grabbed a bit that did the angle. Then I got, oh my god.
Speaker 3: The diagonal fringe.
Speaker 7: It looked like Harry from the Bar, dumb and dumber.
Speaker 5: And they were thinking, oh god, this is I'm in so much trouble. And my wife got up and she was, oh, thanks to Lyon. And then Ruby went in there went let's go dance down. I danced down to my hair and she lost it. We had to go to the hairdressers in the morning, no appointment. I could hear my wife the phone. He won't believe that. My husband's just done now. I thought he could just have a go at hair dressing. I've been growing that fringe out for six months, so for months.
Speaker 7: She's got this a dodgy old barnet. She's gone.
Speaker 3: My mom took me to the emergency hairdresser once after dad trying to give me a haircut. He used to shave my head in primary school and then one day he did it. I forgot to put the clipper guard on, so just shaved and so he started going out the back of.
Speaker 7: Saying, you don't for the back of your head a little.
Speaker 3: Almost literal ballpatch. So mum took me to the headdress of it. It's like, there's nothing we can do. We can't make that anything until it grows back.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show, you made it worse. We're looking for your story as well. When you had good intentions but bad result nine four one four one oh four three Tony's got an update now about towing.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Tony, Good morning fellow.
Speaker 5: How are is all? Yeah? Good over? You had a nice weekend. Welcome to a show. So we were talking about towing and you don't see so much of it where you used to just see a car toeing another one the two cars attached with rope.
Speaker 14: Why that is is because it's illegal the toe in in Australia. You cannot toe another vehicle in Australia at all.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 14: That's right? Because if you heard you what you did, hear the.
Speaker 5: Story before because of that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, because when you tow a vehicle, it's the injured. A lot of eagles now break the cyst. So if you've got the engine off, that's why you notice when your car you roll at the end your driveway sometimes you press the break. Then you gotta press take a time and a dozen and I stop breaks running out right.
Speaker 7: So it's it's illegal.
Speaker 14: You cannot do that.
Speaker 5: All right, Tony? Thank you very much? You cal well, I got you.
Speaker 14: Well, I got you. I've got a I made it worse. Yeah, well it wasn't me. As my nephew where we're gonna we've got a property and he wanted to cut out one of the foles, so he said, yeah, right, we'll last sue. The fole is only a young fole, nine months old. So we got it. Then I got the rope. We lastued the fole. The rope's running through my fingers and all of a sudden, pow, bang break. I break four of my fingers. What happened here? I looked down and this is not at the end of the rope, I said, heard the money not get there, and he goes I was all afraid. I thought, I'll tie it up and make it neat, say through my head and four of my fingers.
Speaker 7: Bang original Batman, Tony, thank you very much too much.
Speaker 5: Thank You're Sporting US Ambassador. Matt. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 15: We're on a on a trip across to the Big Desert and dropped in the service station and with my brother, we're filling up with fuel and this these young boys were over there trying to blow up their basketball. So my brother, being a good citizen, goes over and goes, come here, I'll fix up your basketball for you. So I get their compressive out for the tires for your cars. Lads onto the onto the basketball, just pressed it really hard, gives it the full gas, just goes at going to play the whole thing up and looked at the kid's face and there and my brother goes out, here you go, kids, throws in twenty bucks and see you later.
Speaker 5: They would have been so upset.
Speaker 15: Absolutely absolutely, So.
Speaker 5: That's what it says on there No inflatables, Matt, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: She call the Christian O'Connell Show podcast every Monday.
Speaker 5: On the show, then we play back your mishard there, which you've got some brilliant, brand new once this morning for you.
Speaker 6: It's just another miss heard day, Christian O'Connell's misshard lyrics.
Speaker 5: All right, so as you play back your misheard lyrics that you send in every day, if we agree we watch your mishearing. You will hear this if we cannot hear it. And for the really good misheard lyrics of last week, call of famous so Judy Taylor Swift ready for it, Baby, the duck is vegan. The duck is vegan. And then Patti and Fiona had this one by the Steve Miller Band, Big Old Jetliner, Big Old Chad and Lionel. All right, let's see what we got this week. Then, First of all, we go to Sammy Christian Mayven crazy, but I swear here a reference to the world famous accordionist regulate by Nate Dogg. I can't believe they're taking Warren's wealth.
Speaker 12: I can't believe they've taken Warns.
Speaker 5: Or is it a reference to Lawrence Welk, world famous accordionist. How does Sam even know.
Speaker 7: About Lawrence wealth?
Speaker 3: Is he world famous?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I can't believe they're taking Lawrence Welk.
Speaker 12: I can't believe they've taken Warren.
Speaker 5: And if you want to hear this is what this is how good Lawrence Welk is on the accordion we'll get that matter. World championship belt? Did they have a belt? Champ? Great stuff, Lawrence, Thank you.
Speaker 12: I can't believe they've taken Warren.
Speaker 5: I'm impressed with that, But I'm more impressed that we have a listener that would know who the hell Lawrence Welk was.
Speaker 3: And the users in a way that suggests he thinks we all know we're.
Speaker 5: Going to go Lawrence.
Speaker 12: Well, I can't believe they taken war.
Speaker 5: As Craig Scott, Billy Idol rebel. Yeah, original line, what set you free? I need you here by me? Or is it what set you free? And did you hear barn me? That's a great one, me, it is very good, well done, Craig, What set you free?
Speaker 7: And did you hear barn me?
Speaker 5: That's very good? Yes, Dame's member. Safety dance? Safety dance? Well, the safety dance? Ah, yes, the safety dance? Or is it saved at dance when I saved it dance? Oh? Yes, I saved it dance. Yes, it's in there.
Speaker 3: A great way for Dan Murphy to do a commercial about saving money your own alcohol.
Speaker 5: Yes, a great radio advert has been born. Steve has got the Beach Boys. When I grew up to be a man where my kids be proud or think their old man is really a square? I just want to say before I play out this next bit. If you're doing a school run right now and there're a young children in the car that could be easily upset, turn the radio down or retune for the next ten seconds. Now the rest of you, he will my kids be proud or think their old man's willy is square?
Speaker 3: It's there, well done protecting the children a.
Speaker 5: Few absolutely protect those iss. Sophie and her boyfriend Lars lovely getting for the creditation for whom the bell tolls? Metallica, for whom the bell tolls? Or is it for whom Roberto? Yes? Yeah, it is the first metal song with a whom. Yes. Two weeks not trot. We've had one from Metallica last week. They had Dreams of War, dreams of liars, dreams of dragons, fire and a big double bed the world the Last the.
Speaker 1: Wagons file.
Speaker 5: All right, as always, when you miss here the lyrics you can email me. So it's not hist't a bit more. Lawrence welk bloody and he's good's got the Michael Flattney is the name of those all that squeezy thing you call. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot.
Speaker 1: Auok Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christmas Time is about the kids. We're giving you permission right now now all the grown ups listen to the show. What about you? What would you love? You're not going to buy it for yourself, maybe you won't even ask somebody to get it for you. Let us give you the Christmas present that you really love this year and by the way, obviously cost of living osted times. We have ten thousand dollars. We're into a second week of giving this away. Some of you aren't hearing my words and aren't even really listening to the value of the things We've been given away. An ACCU pressure seat cover Friday, a pair of Assex trainers Thursday, someone asked for a brand new caravan. And then my favorite email was someone who said they just needed cheering up right now, what a nine hundred dollars pair of Mew Mew sunglasses. If you think that's going to cheer you up, grow up, all right? So anyway, so all thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick, Christmas has come early. At Mercedes Benz Berrick, there bet at any trading offer by at least five thousand dollars and give you another two thousand and two December. The thirty first terms apply. So we're about to cross live to the North Bowl. Santa's lessener and bogan brother, Gary Clause is waiting for us. Hey, let's please think.
Speaker 9: Gary Clauses come in a town.
Speaker 4: Gary Clauses come in a town.
Speaker 10: He's making a list of struck us with gifts, but only four adult's gotten up in four kids, Dary Clauses come.
Speaker 9: In a town stoping by the pop or the Crown.
Speaker 3: Gary Claus is coming to town.
Speaker 5: Gary.
Speaker 7: Are you there live in the North Pole? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: How was your weekend?
Speaker 5: Big one?
Speaker 4: Were you on it? It was stinking hard, wasn't it one?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you get that muggy weather as well?
Speaker 7: It was so much in the North Pole.
Speaker 4: Yes, you wouldn't that tell bloody.
Speaker 12: Hot it was?
Speaker 3: You're kidding?
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 10: The budgie smugglers got the elf the slipping slide for the little elves. Turn then else slipping slop.
Speaker 5: Great fun with the elves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they will love it their live Christian.
Speaker 3: It's too hot for me now.
Speaker 5: In case someone's just hearing this for the first time, how does it work again?
Speaker 10: Well, Christian, my brother Santa all he does spends all year getting gifts for kids.
Speaker 5: Oh lovely, No, I'm like kids, what the freaking hell?
Speaker 4: Adults? Adults are the ones that spend all year working hard.
Speaker 5: It's a good point.
Speaker 10: Actually, they need rewards, So that is what I'm here for. If you're an adult you want something for Christmas, your kid's not going to get it for you.
Speaker 4: Gary will get.
Speaker 3: It for you. Do you have kids yourself going.
Speaker 4: I have three lovely kids. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I'm lucky.
Speaker 5: Then, really I didn't know that back story.
Speaker 4: Yes, ten eight and three, we got Chase, we got.
Speaker 5: SHANEO and what you see them every other weekend.
Speaker 4: I know we're doing different houses.
Speaker 7: Ye, she's in the best.
Speaker 5: So don't you make it work? Oh? Good, well, work a lovely story. Now, one thing, if you can get a colleague, I work with this. Pat she like another Leads bottle of rum. She smashed one over the weekend. Just got through it.
Speaker 4: We are well.
Speaker 10: I believe we got tru leaves for you last year, Pats you, so you must have burned through that.
Speaker 4: We can find some room in a budget for another bottle.
Speaker 2: Of the cupping days.
Speaker 5: All right, So Gary, we've got some emails from grown ups. How old is a grown up? What age do you go from teenager to grown up? Gary?
Speaker 4: Eighteen?
Speaker 3: He's the leader off that I.
Speaker 5: And please don't use the phrase legal cut off either. Okay, Cy's gonna shake up? Okay, lovely email here from Caitlin, who's nineteen. What I really like for Christmas this year is a cargo trainer for my bicycle. Now to move out of home for UNI. We'd love to ride my bike to the shops. Having a trailer for my bike will make it so much easier to carry everything Ryan to rather than trying to juggle bags of shopping while riding a bike. I want to be as independent as possible when I move out. Any support in my upcoming adulting adventure would be greatly appreciated. This is a brilliantly worded email.
Speaker 4: Very articulate, Christian.
Speaker 5: I do worry about the attitude of other students seeing.
Speaker 3: Oh, nothing says adult to me like riding you back to the shops with a trailer.
Speaker 4: Christian.
Speaker 5: It's very hipster, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's very very north Side. But Gary, I'm very environmentally conscious. I do believe kids are the future.
Speaker 5: So I am happy, kid. This is a junior adult staying character.
Speaker 7: Okay, so very happy.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 10: We need to do what we can to save this plannet to keep the north Hole from getting too hot. And it starts with will lax like that just taking your bike instead of the car, So Caitlyn, I would be more.
Speaker 7: Than Caln's on the line now, Caitlyn, good morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Gary and Christian. Everyone there, good.
Speaker 5: Morning and listen, congratulations, see we're off to UNI. How exciting do you start in January February?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm moving in February, early February.
Speaker 5: And how are mom and dad with it all?
Speaker 1: I think it depends on the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I know that our youngest one is about to leave just like you. Actually about in February as well. But how excited to know you're looking forward to it? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I really am.
Speaker 5: Well listen, Gary said, yes, you can have your cargo trailer for the bike. You can put all that local.
Speaker 7: Producee in there.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: All right, good luck at UNI next you enjoy?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 5: All right. We've got another one here. Who's this from? Five hundred dollars? Gary Klaws is a big one. It's one of our most expensive ones. And this is from Holly.
Speaker 7: Holly, My houses are shambles.
Speaker 5: I would love to someone to all the clothes and mess and clutter in my house. Could somebody hire a professional decluttering expert to come round for a clutter free Christmas and start to the great idea?
Speaker 3: I wait for five of them.
Speaker 7: I'll I'll do it.
Speaker 5: Wis fifty each.
Speaker 7: What's a very bespoke service, just tiny stuff up.
Speaker 4: Where do you have the Marie condo package for Holly?
Speaker 5: She's now living in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: It's it's officially lost.
Speaker 10: Is a Marie condo adjacent package as strong as Marie Condo.
Speaker 4: She'll come over to your house, no.
Speaker 7: Matter how much Maria condo is it?
Speaker 5: Like Gary clause is the theme here.
Speaker 10: She'll come over and she'll turn all your clutters, She'll clean it up, She'll give you a whole new perspective online all your stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, Holly's on the line now, Holly.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning guys, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Gary, Good morning Holly.
Speaker 7: So where's all the mess?
Speaker 5: Holly?
Speaker 10: It's everywhere?
Speaker 3: It's getting out of control. And I'm holding Christmas at mine this year, so I really need some help.
Speaker 5: What a great idea I think. Do you think for people to do this for time now? Declustering experts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, not me, but y if I need some help.
Speaker 11: I'm an accumulator, urah, maybe a hoarder.
Speaker 4: It's big business Christian decluttering.
Speaker 10: And if you're going to host Christmas, you can't have a cluttered Christmas arm.
Speaker 5: Is that present under the tree or is it more dirty or washing there? You know exactly exactly dead stubbies.
Speaker 10: Could be whatever, no point speculating, but Holly, I would be so happy to clean up your.
Speaker 4: Christmas this year.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Gary.
Speaker 5: Course, Holly, well done. Okay, have a good Christmas.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Gary. We're chatting in tomorrow, all right, see then, Gary, Okay, email then let us know what would you like? Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au and I'll read out to Gary.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: On the Time Way Today. Pair of tickets to go and see Sydney Lauper. She's here in April next year. Girls just want to have fun. Farewell. Spell Tour is going to be in Melbourne April. The second tickets are on sound now at Tickertech. Today's time Waster. We're looking for you to merge a TV show and a band. There's a whole raft of actors and actressess who are musically talented. Steve Martin is playing the band Show Forever sixty years and won multiple Grammys. Russell Crowe lead singer, a thirty odd foot of grunts, and Kevin Baconer's brother in the band The bacon Brothers. So we're looking for you to mix a TV show and a movie.
Speaker 3: You've missed one of the big ones, Lawrence. Well, obviously the Lawrence is a great accordion place.
Speaker 5: You are quite right. So we're asking you how to mix a TV show and a band. Merge a TV show with a band, The Brian Adams Family, Gold, Terrifying, another syrupy Middle of the Road Rocks.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, do do do do? Mad Men at work?
Speaker 5: Silver, Patsy get this one. And people of a certain age, are you two being served? Are you too being served?
Speaker 2: A just a gender this Monday Place?
Speaker 5: Silver, BB King of the Hill, Silver plus Dr the Who, Gold and Kanye West Wing Silver, Jackie Boy, what have you got there? Mix a TV show with the band Cheers for Fears, Oh.
Speaker 7: Cheers for Fairs.
Speaker 5: Silver.
Speaker 3: You loved Emily and Paris in your Purpose. I still love it, Jack Now it's eminem in Paris.
Speaker 5: Very good, Gold.
Speaker 3: Boy Meet Loafs World te Yeah, Silver, and this is a kids show. I love about a little yellow car when I was growing up Brumbawamba.
Speaker 5: Oh that's very good.
Speaker 7: God plus and for the brum reference as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Merged TV show with the band best in Show today. Pair of tickets. Go and see Cindy Lauper here at Rod Laver Arena April second, next year. Tickets at tic a Tech Jack.
Speaker 7: You're red to Mark ready to go?
Speaker 5: All right? Merging a TV show with a band like Julie with the Golden Spice Girls Silver. This is Julie from a Rabin right, early supporter of the show six and half years ago, a couple of weeks ago, walking the dogs and this lady, I can hear someone calling my name. You know this lady sounds angry. I turn around and give it a go, hi waiting, and here we go. It's Judy from Rabin. She went, it's Judy from Rabbin and went, oh oh hi. And I can tell that she was not happy with me. She went, why don't you read out any of my text messages?
Speaker 6: We get so many I'm not excluding you.
Speaker 5: Know me too. She was scary that she was having lunch with her mom and her mom was not looking through the window, like is it bloodiness you bothering? She was really nice this I send them every there and there used to be loads in the early days. And now you're too big for me. Chet the Eights. We're really not, but please you know as well this went. You live around here, don't you as well?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no moving Now.
Speaker 7: Well done, Judy.
Speaker 5: Gold, he said, yeah that was it. Yeah, yeah, the funniest of the year. Christopher Davis and Benny Hilltop Hoods Gold Producers for tomorrow. Can we can I hear that mash up of what Benny Hill mixed in with the Hilltop Hoods would sound like? Please? Three and a half minute work from Jewels Silver. The price is right, said fred Nick. Cave and the Bad Sisters Silver, Parson Lincoln Parks and Wreck Gold, Everyone Loves Raymond and the Ramones Bronze, Crowded, Full House Silver, n w a Hey, it's Saturday Silver plus Steve well done, orangeest In New Black, Sabbath Bronze, Laura New Order Silver, Beavis and Butthole Surfers Gold. Oh you're gonna give gold that one. I thought Laura New Order was smart, but no anything with Everyone Loves Raymond, No Rock.
Speaker 16: Gold plush that comes from Brussel, well done, Brooklyn, nine inch Nails Silver, Simon and Garfield Gold Blast.
Speaker 3: That's very good.
Speaker 5: Oh, Simon, and just that big old thatching jact that really doesn't make me laugh. Anthony Amy, Shark Tank gold Ellen, well done, and this one is from Steve System of a downtown Abbey gold. That's some very funny ones today, claiming Judy from Rabbin please sleep my house some mone jack. Who's the winner today?
Speaker 3: Is it Judy Moraviin, it is Cydney Lauper tickets for that give me a thumb up.
Speaker 5: That we should have a separation of church and state. You pick whoever that's the fairest one.
Speaker 3: My favorite one was everybody loves RAYMONDO Rock Weld.
Speaker 5: I'm Bruce, You're the winner today, Please enjoy Cindy Lauper.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast a.
Speaker 5: Couple of some unfinished business. One of the time wasts they so one of the mes heard lyrics mentioned Lawrence Welk. We've never heard of Lawrence Welk, but obviously the person who sent this time wasting is a fan of Lawrence Welk, apparently a world famous back in the day in the seventies. Accordionist.
Speaker 12: I can't believe they've taken Lawrence wealth victim.
Speaker 5: Anyway. One of you who's texting and going everyone knew Lawrence Welk. He did a big TV show in America and his closing song is world famous. I've still never heard of Lawrence Welk anyway. This is his Lawrence Welk good Night's song, part of the entertainment back in the day. Just odd, just odd. You think of the golden age of like great stuff we've got now this is all you need to do? How long is this nonsense going on?
Speaker 7: For Quen easy to do a TV show?
Speaker 5: Back? Are they?
Speaker 7: After the show was the same good Night and then.
Speaker 3: We've got them good Morning's gone. He's way bigger than what we think though he was. Yeah, Lawrence Well had his own series. This show was so puppy. He had his own series of wealth resorts. What do you mean through North America?
Speaker 5: Well, actually go and stay.
Speaker 3: There and stay there.
Speaker 5: That's incredible. All right, tomorrow's show today? Can you you've got Spotify and phone? How many streams as like his mother's probably got? Has he got like a couple of million? Is there's still love out there for the for Lawrence Welk and his accordion. Well w e okay.
Speaker 3: Five and a half million for his number one song that is too bad. It's a lot riders in the sky, all right.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow's show. Two of the calls we had today just happened to mention the word bang during their stories.
Speaker 14: I miss you. He wanted to cut out one of the foles, so we got it. Then I got the rope. We lessu the fole, the ropes running through my fingers, and all of a sudden, pal bang, I break four of my fingers. I look down and this are not at the end of the rope.
Speaker 15: We're on a trip filling up with fuel. These young boys were over there trying to blow up their basketball. So my brother get there, compressed outloads onto the basketball. Just press it really hard. It's good it the full gas just goes bang and play the whole thing up tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Bang your story with a bang in it. It could be the beginning. You could start with the bank, could end with the bang, a bang in the middle wherever you want the bank. But we want to hear bang stories tomorrow. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast